Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New to building a little help please  (Read 3043 times)

Bomdetel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2016, 01:25:17 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
New to building a little help please
« on: April 29, 2016, 11:30:33 am »
So Ive been working on getting my front end working for a little while and now im going to start my project build. I need a little help though.

I plan to have a 4 player cab pedestal with 8 buttons for each player, tackball, and spinner. i have a little video here which isnt mine but it shows what im trying to make. if anyone can help with getting a control panel layout i would apreciate it. ive been all over online and it seems what i want to build is rare and hard to find unless i buy a prebuilt one.  sorry if the video doesnt show up in my post im not that forum savy.

ppv

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2020, 03:08:56 pm
  • The cheap@ss gamer
Re: New to building a little help please
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2016, 12:01:03 pm »
The typical reply you will get here is:
 • 8 button is overkill, unless you plan on emulating recent consoles. Even then a lot of games do not play well in and arcade settings because you can't replicate easily hitting the shoulder buttons on CP.
 • 4 buttons are enough for players 3 and four and even then a limited number of arcade games actually use 4 buttons.

I will try and find examples here...
Doing arcades, the cheap@ss way!
First Project : ttp://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151071.0.html
Next one : The Token Muncher [urlhttp://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,135417.0.html[/url]

rovingmind

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 17, 2023, 11:13:48 pm
  • If you only knew the POWER of the Dark Side
    • rovingmind
Re: New to building a little help please
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2016, 03:09:28 am »
I could be wrong, but looking at that fellow's panel in the linked video, isn't that a 6 button layout with buttons 1 and 2 duplicated below the dual 6?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!