Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 3.5mm jack mixer  (Read 1639 times)

HexTank

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 18, 2016, 07:37:18 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
3.5mm jack mixer
« on: April 28, 2016, 08:21:20 am »
I'm about to make a bartop cab but am wanting to have an audio mixer, as I'll be using an original XBox as the controller, having audio playing along side is limited so I though of adding a jack in to the mix.

I've looked at the small amps people tend to use but none appear to have any mixing between inputs (unless somone knows of one) so I guess the only alternative is to wire up my own passive mixer and route that to an amp, I'm guessing I just would need to put something like a 1kohm resister in series with the live wires for each stereo signal.

Does this seem reasonable, or better yet, does anyone know of an existing amp with build in mixer (there's the karoeke ones but I'm looking for stereo + stereo, although that might not be an issue give how close speaker will be to each other in the cab)

Cheers.