Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ATI Graphics card / TV intergration problems  (Read 2142 times)

Benny

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2013, 01:37:31 am
  • Livin' the dream . . . one game at a time!
    • The Moonlight Mini-Arcade
ATI Graphics card / TV intergration problems
« on: June 27, 2002, 09:32:19 am »
I'm having diffculity getting my TV to setup properly with my PC.

I'm using an ATI graphics card.  I can boot up with the monitor, then plug the TV into the card port, then convert the display settings (windows 95) over to TV and everything works fine.

The problem comes when I boot up with just the TV hooked up, or with the TV and monitor hooked up at the same time when booting.  No matter what I try, the PC will just NOT boot up using the TV for output.  

I don't know if the card's too old (about 5 years old) and doesn't have that option, or what, but I thought that you COULD boot up with just the TV hooked up.  

Any thoughts?

B.J.R.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

Trenchbroom

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 21, 2020, 09:25:43 pm
  • Wampus? Get over here!
Re: ATI Graphics card / TV intergration problems
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2002, 03:36:02 pm »
Hmm.  What type of ATI card are you using?  My Rage Pro PCI 8MB, circa 1998, will autodetect which display is plugged in on my Win98SE.  If TV or monitor only it will display correctly (on the TV you will see the POST test, Windows logo screen, etc.) and if both are plugged in on startup the TV won't show up until windows is completely booted.

Do you have access to Windows 98?  It might be a Win95 issue since Win95 never had dual display support (just a guess).
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »