Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Power transformer for Shaq Attaq DEFECTIVE  (Read 2967 times)

Realfoneguy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2016, 03:28:49 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Power transformer for Shaq Attaq DEFECTIVE
« on: April 22, 2016, 03:27:02 pm »
Hi all, I am fairly new to this game, but not to mechanical electronics. I recenbtly started a job fixing pinball and arcade games for a local establishment. The first pinball I needed to work on is Shaq Attaq. The problem, blowing the line fuse. Looking over the schematic, I realized I may have the unmentionable, a bad transformer. I also checked everything in the EMI filter area. I then decided to remove the unit as it was blowing the fuse F1 and at times F2. Placed it on the bench, provided 120 at the input to the TRANSFORMER eliminating a emi filter issue, I was drawing on the variac bench unit 3 amps at 2 Volts AC. Everything was totally disconnected from the transformer. I even removed the jumper plug and sent 120 to the individual winding of each with the same results. Less than an ohm resistance on the input winding is proper, so it has to be a bad secondary. So now I am looking for a transformer or the complete unit. Have fun checking your supply of parts Thanks Brad   PS Reply to kb2chy@twc.com
« Last Edit: April 22, 2016, 03:28:49 pm by Realfoneguy »