Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PinKadia: MAME, Pinball, and PC games in a combined Pinball and Arcade cabinet!  (Read 97923 times)

thagerty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2020, 11:30:19 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150352.0.html
Very nice, where's the tutorial for addressable led matrix setup, that's pretty sharp.

Also did you use a 16 relay board instead of 8 and does the addressable led matrix work with Pinball X?

I used a Sainsmart NON-USB 16 relay board. It requires each relay to be triggered by low level inputs. This can be an LED-Wiz, Arduino, etc... 

Future Pinball only supports Led-Wiz, so that's why I went this route instead of a USB controlled Sainsmart ...and also for 10 solenoids, plus more toys in the future.

As for the addressable led strips and matrix..... there's WAY too much information for me to post here for a tutorial. It ONLY works with Visual Pinball and Pinball X because it works through Direct Output framework.

I will still be posting gameplay videos to demonstrate some of the cool features...  I just got side-tracked with beta testing this DOFFX2 program that has been progressing with some VERY cool new features, that allows it to be used with ANY program. MAME, PFX2, TPA, PC Games, other emulators, etc...

Here is the thread where I basically got all of my information for the addressable LED strips and matrix. It's a lot of information over a lot of pages....

http://vpuniverse.com/forums/topic/2180-addressable-rgbs/page-17

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
ok so i just want to use it for pinball x table selection not future pinball. I like the strips on the side mainly.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
ok so i just want to use it for pinball x table selection not future pinball. I like the strips on the side mainly.

You would still need to install DOF and get that software up and going first. You pretty much will need to get Visual Pinball up and running to be able to test that out most likely.

rablack97

• Offline Offline
So you used, 16 relays, a teensy and a led wiz correct.  I'm trying to see what all i need to buy.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
So you used, 16 relays, a teensy and a led wiz correct.  I'm trying to see what all i need to buy.

Sainsmart 16 relay NON-USB 12V relay board:

http://www.sainsmart.com/16-channel-12v-relay-module-for-pic-arm-avr-dsp-arduino-msp430-ttl-logic.html

Teensy 3.2, OctoWS2811 Adaptor, Pins, USB Cable:

https://www.pjrc.com/store/octo28_adaptor.html

Led-Wiz 32 port with heatsinks:

http://groovygamegear.com/webstore/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=82&products_id=239

You would also need a separate 5V power supply good enough for how many LEDs you would use, and its recommended to get a separate 12V supply (for Sainsmart, solenoids, normal LED strips if you use them, etc) as well to protect your PC.

Just remember, Future Pinball will only have a few tables that will work with Led-Wiz. You will have to program in the Led-Wiz support yourself for most tables. (something I haven't done yet)

The addressable LED-Strips require dB2S server and DOF setup and installed. You pretty much need a full Visual Pinball 10 all in one installer, then you need to setup DOF for your system. Everyone's configuration will be different.  Lot's and lots of reading....

« Last Edit: August 03, 2016, 11:29:50 pm by thagerty »

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Ok thats where you confused me, you said no octocouplers in another post.

To be clear, i dont want to use this function for any table, just for table selection in pinball X.  The shapes, with the side leds is all i want during table selection.

So do i still neds dbs2 and visual pinball setup just to do that.  I'm just going to run Future pinball only in this cab for now.

Trust me my head is spinning, i've been reading like crazy, even your posts when you were getting started  :) 

thagerty

• Offline Offline
OK....as far as the addressable LED strips and the back matrix just in Pinball X, you WILL need to have this installed:

Teensy hardware and parts, 5V supply, wiring, connectors,etc...

Software:

d2BS server
Direct Output Framework (DOF) completely setup and configured. (I configured this partially with Visual Pinball. Not sure how to do that part without it)
Pinball X with DOF plug-in

The shapes and effects in Pinball X are all controlled by DOF. The back matrix will only show up for "table names" that have been configured for DOF.... so alot of Future Pinball tables "may" not show anything on the back matrix while browsing through Pinball X. Same goes for MAME, etc...

When I refer to no Octo-couplers...that is referring to not requiring an Octo-coupler circuit to trigger solenoids for your flippers in programs that don't use LED-Wiz or DOF  (PFX2, TPA).  That's why the program DOFFX2 is a big deal, because you can just do it through software instead of having your flipper buttons wired to a separate Octo circuit that triggers the solenoids and your gamepad / controller at the same time, ALL the time.

Believe me, my head is still spinning.....

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Interesting, no ledwiz?

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Interesting, no ledwiz?

Not for addressable LEDs.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
AAAAAAH! Disaster has struck.

My center "DMD" / Marquee / extra display" monitor has died on me. I can't complain, it was 10 years old after all....

However, that means I have to replace it with a new monitor / TV.

The bad news, is:

I have to figure out how to mount this new screen. Old one was a 5:4 monitor with no vesa mount at all, new one is a 16:9 TV.

I have to make a new bezel to fit this new screen.

I have to re-do all my media to fit the new bezel.

New bezel will be a tad bit shorter on the 4th display

Future Pinball tables all have to be re-edited to fit the new bezel's 4th display area.

Good news:

The screen quality and colours will look much nicer. (You guys can't tell how dim and faded it was looking by my pics or videos)

I may re-do the speakers into 4 holes to better accommodate my RGB "flashers".

I'll have a monitor that will be much easier to remove.

I can hear you guys screaming.... "Dude, get a real DMD!"

If I put a real DMD into the back of my cabinet, there would be ALOT of unused space left as I can't fit another screen and a DMD into there. It really would look odd, and I'd hate it. Also, I really like having that extra "display area". Especially for MAME and Future Pinball.

Also, the cost of a DMD even with DIY would cost alot more than this new screen which was real cheap and looks great.

Alot of work to do now....but once its installed I WILL show some gameplay footage of VP with the addressable LEDS and matrix, before re-doing all the other stuff.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Disaster strikes.... a new look emerges!

Dead middle screen:

OK....so my middle "dual" screen which was a 5:4 monitor died on me (after 10 years of service). I now needed to get a new middle screen, and I had to re-build my bezel and speaker arrangement to accommodate it.

I didn't want to bother with another 5:4 monitor, because they are all old now, and I wanted to have something that could easily be replaced in the future. I really wanted to keep the "dual" screen function and I didn't have anough room for both a real DMD and a small screen (of decent size) in the space I had. (and it would look silly with only a DMD in there with lots of unused space)

I decided to go with a 19 inch 16:9 TV. It fit nicely and was the widest I could go....the colours were really nice....it was only $80 CDN new...and unlike the previous monitor which was a ---smurfette--- mount, this had a standard vesa mount. It also had 1:1 pixel mapping which made for a perfect crisp image.

After a bit of work, I was able to get to get it mounted in a way that could easily be adjusted in the future if I had to replaced this one. I now had a little bit of space above and below the TV since this is a widescreen monitor.

New Bezel, new function:

For the bezel, I now had a wider screen space, but that also meant that my speakers would have to be mounted to the farthest sides of the backbox. My "dual" screens would be closer together, and the top half a little bit smaller.

Since I had my RGB "flashers" inside my two speaker holes before and really liked how it worked, I wanted to still have that.... but I didn't like having 2 "flashers" within the same speaker hole. It would end up blending colours and not be distinctive enough. I wanted 4 separate "flashers".

I figured, since my left and right speakers each have 2 smaller speakers...then why not have 4 speaker holes in the bezel!

The RGB speaker holes!

Below is a 2 inch PVC coupler fitting (I think). I got one for each speaker. I cut a notch out at the bottom and put in a strip of RGB LEDs all around then inside....

....then I cut the bezel out of thin backboard, and hot-glued a RGB LED speaker spacer at each hole (after putting on carbon fibre vinyl wrap and automotive car trim in each hole).

....then I put speaker cloth on the back of each hole with an elastic band...

....and voila! Let there be discrete 4 RGB "flasher" lights!

Each speaker hole is now the Outer Left, Left, Right, Outer Right RGB flasher (center flasher is backbox backlighting).  You'll notice that the LED matrix below has 5 shapes. These are actually the equivalent of the 5 RGB flashers that is displayed for this table. (the shapes can be anything, I was just testing) Notice they are matching in colour with the speaker holes.   

Tables and media need to be re-done:

You'll have to excuse the squished Visual Pinball logo. Since all of my Pinball X "dual middle screen" media (which is one single picture or video) was created with a 5:4 ratio, it now all has to be re-done to look proper with a 16:9 ratio.

If Pinball X had a separate "default DMD video / picture" for each system, this would make my job much easier...

Future Pinball:

Future Pinball tables will all have to be re-edited again, to have all the elements (movie clips, scores, gadgets, etc) to fit the top of the middle screen. What you have seen in my Future Pinball videos in Pinball X for that section is not looping videos. Its all bits from actual gameplay within Future Pinball.

Here are some picture examples of Future Pinball with the new bezel:

At first, I thought the 4 holes looked a little weird, but after seeing the lights in use, I love it! The only thing I hate is the fact that I couldn't get the chrome trim to make a perfect circle.

....and it sounds better too!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:36:49 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
So to answer a bunch of questions, here is a video demonstration of Part 1 of my NEW dual screen / Bezel setup, and media creation This one focuses on Visual Pinball:

...and Part 2 focuses on Pinball FX2 and how to setup Future Pinball for a "dual" middle screen:

....now with that out of the way.... on to getting some VP LED Matrix gameplay videos!.... unless something ELSE happens...  :(
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:39:34 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Visual Pinball Addressable LED Matrix Gameplay Videos!

Well, after a few distractions:  my middle screen dying, creating a new bezel, getting VPX running in exclusive fullscreen issues, etc....

They are finally here! I said a while back I would get around to showing some videos of VP gameplay and effects from addressable leds through DOF....so here they are!

Unlike the rolling effects while browsing in Pinball X, these are different things that occur from various tiggers throughout gameplay. Explosions, looping effects, rocket trails, sparkles, symbols, shapes....all sorts of things.

Please note: this was the best angle I could get that would still show all 3 sections of the addressable LEDS. The brightness of the LEDs can also be adjusted...so you don't need to worry about being blinded while playing!

I apologize if I seem to repeat myself a few times....the damn power kept going out while I was recording, so I lost track of what I said in earlier videos.

Cool Real-time Gameplay Effects!

This first video shows Bride of Pinbot and Attack From Mars. Lots of different types of effects shown.... I continued to make other videos, even after the power goes out at the end of this video!

Explosions!

This second video shows off some explosion effects, trail effects, and more. Tables shown are Medieval Madness, and Monster Bash.

Looping and Trail Effects!

This third video shows some cool looping effects from The Getaway, as well as the neat effects in Star Trek and Circus Voltaire!

Beacons, Strobes, RGB Bar, and more effects!

This last video shows ALOT more tables, and demonstrates how the various lighting toys in a pinball cabinet can be replicated by the back matrix! Also shows some other effects. Tables shown are NBA Fastbreak, Jurassic Park, Scared Stiff, Tales of the Arabian Nights, Transformers, Twilight Zone, and Star Wars.

I hope these videos do justice in showing off the hard work from everyone involved in making these effects possible!

If there is something specific you want to see, let me know and maybe I can put up more videos!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:50:13 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Well how about that...

SLAMT1LT, better known for creating some of the best Future Pinball tables out there (original, recreation, modded, etc) has mentioned my pinball cabinet (saying "this is how his games should be played, etc...") on his website's main page, and linked one of my videos at the bottom where you see the featured videos.

Link to his website is here. Keep in mind that the main page changes all the time, so you may not see "the mention" anymore depending on how long its been. Either way, it's worth checking his page out, as its where you will see the newest versions of his fantastic tables.

http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

rablack97

• Offline Offline
fyi if you want to link to videos

remove the 's' from https, add brackets to the front and end, only way i could get the code to show up.

flash=200,200]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFLd_zC7vrI[/flash

thagerty

• Offline Offline
To top it all off:

Well, I never really liked the way the strobes and beacon looked on top, just all plain looking. So I decided to make some sort of topper for them that would match the style of the rest of the cabinet. Nothing fancy...but I like it much better than the plain look... and the black & chrome really helps to isolate the strobes from the wall behind and makes their light much more concentrated and bright. Here's some pics:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 08:56:31 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Here is a demo of the new program DOFLinx (formerly DOFFX2) by DDH69. I've been beta testing it for a while now. This program has many more features and now provides full true feedback for Future Pinball using DOF.

This means support for all of the modern pinball cabinet toys, lighting and feedback for Led-Wiz, Sainsmart USB, PACLED64, and KL25Z.

This is my first attempt at doing anything with VB script and adding feedback to a table. I modded Star Trek (Stern) Ultimate Edition by SLAMT1LT to include animated lighting effects and feedback. Here is a video demo of DOFLinx running on my cabinet:

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:28:01 pm by thagerty »

rablack97

• Offline Offline
well shoot everything but the addressable LEDS  :'(

thagerty

• Offline Offline
I can only pray that one day that can happen!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Well... here it finally is....

Aliens Legacy (Ultimate Badass Edition) (V1.12) (DOFLinx-Cabinet Edition)

DOFLinx mod by TerryRed

A video demonstration of this table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen at:

Man, this mod was alot of work, but alot of fun....but only because this table has so many cool modes and features....

You have never seen a Future Pinball table with this kind of feedback and lighting in a cabinet!

I added animated RGB flasher effects for:

-machine gun turret fire
-grenade explosions
-nuclear explosions
-flame thrower
-blow torch
-custom flasher sequences to match those of the table's
-orbit (spinner?) effects
-ship drop sequence

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / lights.

Devices supported on this table:

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field center solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
FIRE button
RGB Undercab Lighting

I had to use 14 Timers and sub routines to match up some effects with video clips.

The table is a bit hard....but if you can progress, you'll be rewarded with a nice light show and some good feedback.

I've uploaded the table to PinSimDB....just waiting for a mod to approve it.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:28:33 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Well, here we go with another great Future Pinball original table being given the DOFLinx treatment!

I present to you.... ROBOCOP (Ultimate Edition) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)!

A video demonstration of the table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

The table is now on pinsimdb:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23139-robocop_(ultimate_edition_1_05)_(p2_7)_(doflinx)

This was another fun table that is REALLY cool to play with alot of modes. The videos and sound combined with the flashing lights and feedback really make a difference!

-Robocop gun fire (Ball Launch)
-ED-209 machine gun fire (failed to comply)
-Cain spinner
-Robocop Return Fire
-red / blue sirens

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / gear motor and flasher lights.

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
RGB Undercab Lighting

It's getting alot easier to add DOFLinx support, though I spend more time testing, then scripting.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:29:03 pm by thagerty »

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Man if you guys figure out the addressable leds for FP, you will be legends.  I'm still waiting on solenoids, they lost my first order.  :angry:

In the mean time i've been making pinball FX all pretty with custom DMD titles and finding HD videos for each game.  I tackle one table a night.

I'll be adding your tables to the arsenal soon, thanks for all of your help and support.

Cough, Tron and Avatar on your list by chance  :cheers:

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Man if you guys figure out the addressable leds for FP, you will be legends.  I'm still waiting on solenoids, they lost my first order.  :angry:

In the mean time i've been making pinball FX all pretty with custom DMD titles and finding HD videos for each game.  I tackle one table a night.

I'll be adding your tables to the arsenal soon, thanks for all of your help and support.

Cough, Tron and Avatar on your list by chance  :cheers:

Pretty much all of SLAMT1LT's tables are on my list :)  ...the only reason TRON LEGACY isn't done yet is because I know SLAM is updating it again...just don't know when he will release that...it could be a while. Tron and Avatar were among the first I wanted to do...I was just focusing on his more recently completed updates to his tables.

If DDH69 (who created DOFLinx) had addressable leds...it could happen.....but it's hard for him to add that support in when he can't even test it. He just now got his RGB flashers and other lights.

Oh, and DOFLinx 4.0 now supports full feedback for Pinball FX2! Flippers, slingshots, bumpers, controlled lights,etc...    but only on a handful of tables right now. DDH69 basically has to find areas of memory that are triggered while a table is playing and add those values in for each device,etc...  It works quite well...

thagerty

• Offline Offline
I present another fine Future Pinball table now given the DOFLinx treatment:

Superman (Ultimate Edition) (SLAMT1LT) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

A video demonstration of the table running on my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

This is another fun table that is now even better thanks to DOFLinx. 

-Superman Ball Launch
-Machine Gun Fire
-Regenerating Sequence
-Ball Lock

I made use of some combined effects like shaker / blower fan / gear motor and flasher lights.

I made the RGB under cabinet lighting change based on events during play: Krypton Ball, Tilt, Fight, etc..

Left flipper
Right flipper
Left slingshot
Right slingshot
Mid field left solenoid
Mid field right solenoid
Back left solenoid
Back right solenoid
Flasher, outside left
Flasher, inside left
Flasher, center
Flasher, outside right
Flasher, inside right
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear Motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
RGB Undercab Lighting

« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:29:38 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Here we have another fine Future Pinball table given the DOFLinx upgrade!

Jaws (Ultimate Edition 1.05) (p2.7) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

Original table by rom, Ultimate Edition by SLAMT1LT, DOFLinx mod by TerryRed

To see this table running on my cabinet, watch this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhXJMQFa_pA&feature=youtu.be

I made a "DOFLinx Future Pinball table modding video tutorial" while modding this table. It can be seen here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=36311

The table is available at PinSimDB here:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23169-jaws

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:30:12 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Iron Man (Ultimate Edition 1.06) (DOFLinx – Cabinet Edition)

A video demonstrating this table in my cabinet using DOFLinx can be seen here:

The ULTIMATE Iron Man pinball cabinet experience!

-unique animated flasher effects based on what mode you’re in

-animated machine gun effects during Iron Monger modes

-animated electrical effects for Whiplash and Iron Monger

-blower fan gives a woosh effect while flying on the ramps

-shaker motor effects for Whiplash’s and Iron Monger’s magnets, as well as machine gun and repulsor fire

-every time the repulsor is fired off with the FIRE button (launch and Iron Monger attack), the flashers slowly charge up “white” to match the video clip and then blast.

-when Iron Monger rises and lowers, the gear motor operates.

-The RGB under cabinet lighting will change based on your music selection, and also what multiball or game mode you are in

-Fire button, of course works…as does Launch, Coin, and Start

-animated Orbits left / right.

-beacon goes off during all multiball modes, bogey, jericho, do or die, and Iron Monger modes.

-strobe effects

-10 solenoid feedback for flippers, bumpers, kickers, etc.

-and other stuff I probably forgot about…

Table is available now:

http://www.pinsimdb.org/pinball/table-23180-iron_man

Next table I'm adding DOFLinx to....    SLAMT1LT's original  Tron Legacy (Ultimate Edition 1.13)
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:30:39 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Tron Legacy (Ultimate 1.13) (SLAMT1LT) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The Ultimate Tron Legacy virtual pinball cabinet experience...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

A video that shows off this excellent table with amazing DOFLinx cabinet effects can be seen at this link (in my cabinet) :

Features:

- amazing animated 5 RGB flasher effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on characters, multiball, and game modes

- gear motor operates with the Recognizer's movement

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for cinematic videos, and many table events

- 10 solenoid support for all mechanical devices (flipper, slings, bumpers, etc)

- beacon lights up during cinematics and certain game modes

- strobe effects throughout

- animated effects for: Video Game mode, Disc Wars, Clu Ball, Light Cycle Battle, Zeus multiball, Drain, Orbits, Challenge of the Grid, etc...

- Ramp: animated flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show like no other pinball game!

Table will be available at PinSimDB, when it's approved. It's already available at vpinball.com

It's crazy.... there's over 1000 lines of DOFLinx commands and my own code that I put into this table!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:31:06 pm by thagerty »

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Great job man...........downloading now....

Get you some rest....AVATAR next????? TOO COOL

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Great job man...........downloading now....

Get you some rest....AVATAR next????? TOO COOL

Thanks... I love this table.

As for Avatar..... haha, well I already have all the "normal" stuff done! Now I gotta work on all the custom stuff and extra cabinet toys,etc...

n3wt0n

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2024, 05:03:38 pm
This is some serious badassery going on in the virtual pinball world and I can't wait to get involved. Vpin work is a couple projects back but I have been following your build on youtube for a bit now.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
This is some serious badassery going on in the virtual pinball world and I can't wait to get involved. Vpin work is a couple projects back but I have been following your build on youtube for a bit now.

If you haven't watched them yet...look at the addressable led demo videos a bunch of posts back in this thread. They are amazingly cool, and I hope that Future Pinball will get support for them one day!

...but yes...I'm breaking new ground here.  When have you ever seen animated flashers combined with feedback devices used in a pinball cabinet this way?  I love it!

No matter how much work I may put into a table, it's always the machine gun and explosion effects that everyone likes.  :)

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Avatar (ULTIMATE 1.01) (p2.6) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

The Ultimate AVATAR virtual pinball cabinet experience...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

A video that shows off this excellent table with amazing DOFLinx cabinet effects can be seen at this link (in my cabinet) :

Features:

- animated explosion and machine gun flasher effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on multiball, score and game modes

- gear motor operates with the AMP Mech Walker's movement

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for magnets, cinematic videos, and many table events

- 10 solenoid support for all mechanical devices (flipper, slings, bumpers, etc)

- flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- Start, Coin, Launch Ball button lights: flash / On / Off during table events / functions

- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:31:43 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Tron Legacy (STERN) (ULTIMATE) (DOFLinx - Cabinet Edition)

After all these years... the Ultimate Tron Legacy STERN virtual pinball cabinet experience is here! ...and only on Future Pinball with DOFLinx!

When the table first loads, press START (1) to turn on the table!  :)

Features:

- animated explosion and Light Jet machine gun flasher effects, and Light Cycle effects

- RGB undercab lighting changes based on multiball, game modes, and much more

- gear motor operates when shooting at the spinning disc

- shaker motor and blower fan operates for many table events

- flasher effects change colour based on mode and game progression

- Start, Coin, Launch Ball button lights: flash / On / Off during table events / functions

- all effects combine for an amazing feedback and light show!

For SLAMT1LT's newest versions of his tables (without DOFLinx support), goto his website:

http://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

Watch the video. This is a really cool table!
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 09:32:14 pm by thagerty »

ndiniz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2018, 12:18:22 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I want to make something like this. For starters, what frontend are you using? How much did it cost in Canadian dollars? I'm in the US, so I need to convert to US dollars. Nice rig!!!!!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Front End is Pinball X.

Cost....well I can't give you an accurate total as I just kept adding stuff in over a year.... maybe anywhere between $3000 to $5000?  I already had alot of the electronics and the cabinet was made from scratch. The only real pinball parts I used were the legs, plunger, and launch button, and the coin door was a cheap smaller door.

mafiafan123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 01, 2022, 01:13:01 pm
  • i'd buy that for a dollar
Amazing work! Definitely a fan

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

leapinlew

• Some questionable things going on in this room with cheetos
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:09:32 pm
But here's the million dollar question...

But do you play it? And, if you do, do you enjoy it, or are you finding things that need improved?

thagerty

• Offline Offline

...play it....

....love it....

...always find new things I would love to do with it, and I'm always tweaking things.

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Yeah this new setup is not your normal vpin.  Just the new software adds alone, I play mine all the time and its not even in a cabinet yet, the effects are enough to keep you interested.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Another big difference....unlike arcade cabinets which are focused on mostly playing games....

.... virtual pinball presents opportunities to create games, or contribute to helping to make parts of pinball games.

Sadly....starting next weekend, i will be away from my cabinet for about 4 months for work. Maybe i'll be home on weekends.

Hopefully I can get Star Wars Death Star Assault (Ultimate 1.03) DOFLinx mod done before then...