Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PinKadia: MAME, Pinball, and PC games in a combined Pinball and Arcade cabinet!  (Read 97900 times)

thagerty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2020, 11:30:19 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150352.0.html
Here is a new preview video of my Transformers PuP-Pack...but now with all new high quality stereo music from the OST of the movies! This is not cruddy mono SAM sound from the rom...this is all new music files played from Pinup-Player controlled completely by gameplay events. Let's call them PuP-Tracks!

I show many of the modes quickly so you can hear a lot of the music.

You also get to see "Battle For Cybertron". The final game mode. I have a good 19 videos just for that mode, but you only see some of them in the video.

Featuring:

-new OST music for every mode (a lot)
-your choice (Autobot or Decepticon) will determine the main mode's music that will play (one player only)
-Autobots and Decepticon's main mode music will also change with every new game!
-OST music is totally optional
-I have a special track at the end (for High Score) just for Optimus Pin!

I made this work by using Pinball Browser to "mute" all the music files in the table's rom. Sam sound is limited to mono 24000Hz quality...so these PuP-Tracks are a complete game changer for SAM tables that was only previously possible in the Future Pinball versions.

To use these PuP-Tracks, you will need to use my "muted" custom rom.

You can always turn down the table's VPX sound if you want the PuP-Pack's music louder.

This PuP-Pack will REQUIRE an even newer update (possibly 1.3.7 beta) to Pinup Player that will be made available.

This PuP-Pack should be available soon. I'm currently converting it down to a smaller size from the current....yup.... 3GB+ that it is right now! Since I was able to convert Stranger Things: SE from 2.5 GB down to 600MB....I'm hoping I can do similar with this Pup-Pack!

Heavily inspired (and a few music files borrowed) from Rom and SLAMT1LT's excellent FP version.

Enjoy the video!

« Last Edit: September 18, 2018, 12:21:34 am by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
When it's approved on DOF Config Tool...you too can have this new Transformers light show. This was the quickest and easiest DOF MX Led update I've ever done. Explosions, laser blasts, electrical effects, and flasher effects positioned around the playfield.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
So this is my final look for my Jaws PuP-Pack. I MUST have everything locked down as final before I can make the rest of the pack because of the drop shadows and also the effects I do. This video shows the default look, but at half way you will see the DRAIN effect I’m playing with. Just wait for it. This Pack is using a video underlay layer at 60fps for the water, main video layer in the middle, overlay still image for the frame, and the bottom middle video layer changes for Text and modes, or can be used for UltraDMD for those who need to. I also have an Overlay Video layer for the Drain effect…maybe others…not sure yet.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Here's a video demo of my new Masters of the Universe (VPX) PuP-Pack. I went beyond my original Mastered mod for the FP table! This PuP-Pack features an Underlay layer for the sky that will change video effects for each MB mode as well strike lightning when you hit your flippers. The castle's eyes will change colour for each MB mode and other events. The center videos play action from events throughout the entire game. All of this is covered by an Overlay layer of Castle Grayskull. This all makes for a stellar combination!

The original (stunning) Castle Grayskull image was made by Ankit Bhatnagar.

The modified image was edited by Tarcisio Caleiro.

The Visual Pinball X conversion (of Rom's excellent Future Pinball original table) was converted by randr.

Pinup Player (the software that plays the active video backglass) was created by Nailbuster.

PuP-Pack was created by: TerryRed

thagerty

• Offline Offline
A new "full gameplay" video of me playing randr's VPX conversion of Masters of the Universe in my cabinet running my new PuP-Pack with the "Text on Topper" option, as well as my DOF and addressable led effects for the table. I recorded this using a dollar store "bendy" cell phone clip and my cell phone. Works pretty good!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Cool new feature for PuP and Popper! Transparent 24 bit Videos! Video Wheel ARCs! Overlay transparent Videos!

Here is a demonstration of a new upcoming feature in Pinup Player and Popper. Transparent (24 bit) Video support for any PuP screen! This means you can have loads a neat overlay video effects while browsing through Popper....and in PuP-Packs! Very cool stuff!

The Tarcisio Caleiro ARC used in the demo is NOT the final version...its an older WIP version that I used for testing because I still had the project file.

Note the ARC actually has a transparent center that shows an additional Transparent VIDEO layer underneath (the red LAVA liquid looking stuff). This mean we can have animated wheelbars or ARCS! Different ones per system,etc Very cool! You can also just have no "image" and just use an entire Transparent Video Arc!

Since all PuP screens can be transparent, this means that other screens can be used in a similar manner. So you'll see the "Loading" screen is a transparent "blood" animation that still shows the playfield video playing underneath! Imagine all the cool effects that can be done!

Unlike the Jaws "Drain test" video that had a similar effect....that video was "fake". It was a composited video combining the blood layer and another video underneath.

This is REAL-TIME 24 bit video with transparency! Cool as f**k!

Note: As far as how far this can be used, or how well it will run on all systems is unknown. I've only tested this on my PC running in HD. I haven't tested in my 4K cab yet, as I'm far away from home right now.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

"DOFLinx: Effects" (Stargate and After Burner Demo). Use MX Leds, DOF, and PuP-Packs with any game!

Have you ever wanted to use some of my cool Addressable Led effects / animations in a pinball game...or maybe a PC game...MAME arcade game? What about your DOF lighting and feedback? Maybe also use a PuP-Pack?

Well now you can!

This is a demo of "DOFLinx: Effects." I created 100's of addressable led effects and animations, as well as all sorts of DOF lighting animations and feedback... and I added it all to "ONE" rom configuration in DOF Config Tool! Almost 1000 Exxx triggers can be used!

This rom allows any VPX table, FP table, or ANY other game to use them through DOF / DOFLinx script commands.

For tables and games that DON'T have DOF capability (PC, Zaccaria pinball, MAME,etc), this also means they can be controlled with Startup Events, or with key / button presses using DOFLinx! While that may not be the same as full DOF control (using script commands)... the video demo shows that it can still do some cool stuff!

I'll have more information soon on the DOFLinx forum. Anyone can do this using my "DOFLinx SUP ini Creator".

Make sure you watch the Stargate demo on the second half of the video!

barrymossel

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2021, 11:25:52 am
  • Spectrum
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157647.0.html

"DOFLinx: Effects" (Stargate and After Burner Demo). Use MX Leds, DOF, and PuP-Packs with any game!

Have you ever wanted to use some of my cool Addressable Led effects / animations in a pinball game...or maybe a PC game...MAME arcade game? What about your DOF lighting and feedback? Maybe also use a PuP-Pack?

Well now you can!

This is a demo of "DOFLinx: Effects." I created 100's of addressable led effects and animations, as well as all sorts of DOF lighting animations and feedback... and I added it all to "ONE" rom configuration in DOF Config Tool! Almost 1000 Exxx triggers can be used!

This rom allows any VPX table, FP table, or ANY other game to use them through DOF / DOFLinx script commands.

For tables and games that DON'T have DOF capability (PC, Zaccaria pinball, MAME,etc), this also means they can be controlled with Startup Events, or with key / button presses using DOFLinx! While that may not be the same as full DOF control (using script commands)... the video demo shows that it can still do some cool stuff!

I'll have more information soon on the DOFLinx forum. Anyone can do this using my "DOFLinx SUP ini Creator".

Make sure you watch the Stargate demo on the second half of the video!

That's really cool!

thagerty

• Offline Offline

"DOFLinx Effects": What is it? How does it work?

In this video I explain what "DOFLinx: Effects" is and how it works for any game...   and it's limitations compared to proper DOF for Visual Pinball or Future Pinball Tables.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Here is a video that explains all about DOFLinx SUP ini files...how they work, and how you can use them with DOFLinx: Effects.

It gives you a tour of the DOFLinx: Effects spreadsheet, and shows you how to easily create SUP ini files  with my SUP ini Creator Tool.

Video Bookmarks:

Setup DOFLinx to wake up for your game: 1:38

What is a SUP *.ini file?: 4:02

Tour of the SUP ini Creator: 8:48

Create your SUP *.ini File: 24:12

Test your SUP *.ini file: 38:00

« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 01:24:53 am by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline

OK...so I made a new video that will show you all the DOF / MX Led effects the you can use with DOFLinx: Effects!

Now when you look up a desired effect on the DOFLinx:Effects spreadsheet, you won't need to guess at what it will look like... you can see it in the video!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:22:25 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Are there any good tutorials on pinballX? I'm trying to get pinball fx2 games to launch directly from pinbalX frontend. Itried using NukeLauncher but no go. Thanks

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Are there any good tutorials on pinballX? I'm trying to get pinball fx2 games to launch directly from pinbalX frontend. Itried using NukeLauncher but no go. Thanks

I haven't use PBX for a long time now. Last I did it worked fine with a legit version of FX2.

Best place to ask is in the PBX forums.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
OK…now THIS is a single screen Desktop Theme!

Going back to old ideas from my first Theme I made for Pinup Popper back before it was released… this works really nicely for a Desktop Theme, and looks really nice in 4K.

This uses the PuP Backglass for the Underlay videos, the PuP Playfield for gameplay videos, and the PuP DMD for whatever you want like marquee / banners..or DMD videos.

It also works nicely with the transparent loading videos as well, and also uses my new Text Zones update.

Works great for Desktop view of Pinball Emulators, Arcade Games, and other Emulators.

….and yes I love Neon…. though I need to get Tarcisio to help out with creating an alternate version that uses matching metal / chrome instead of the neon framing.

This Desktop Theme will be released when the new Pinup Popper 1.4 update is released.

The video below shows off all the Playlists, and shows how everything looks when browsing… and also flyers, and loading into a table with the transparent 24 bit ARC videos.

This is bling for a desktop gaming thing!

For those who are allergic to watching an entire video... here are some pictures...

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Not content with just the previous T-ARC for desktop...here is the new Desktop / Arcade Theme I made for the upcoming release of Pinup Popper 1.4...only this time featuring the original Tarcisio Popper Bar.

It features Underlay videos for each Playlist, Playfield videos for gameplay, and DMD videos at the bottom for Marquee / Banner videos.

Each Playlist can have their own Videos and BAR image for everything. Each game can also have their own videos for everything. It also features my new Text Zones update, which makes use of Popper SQL database for lots of options on what text is displayed for each game!

Looks and performs really nicely in 4K!

I have now probably made every type of theme in every configuration possible... ARC on PF, Bar on PF (in landscape, portrait, HD and 4K)....ARC on BG, Bar on BG... now ARC and Bar in a Desktop Theme.

I may be wrong...but I think Popper is the only front-end that has ever had this kind of flexibility to create any theme / layout you want with BAR / ARC, etc.

The video below shows off all the Playlists, and shows how everything looks when browsing… and also flyers, and loading into a table (the new stunning TAF) with the transparent arc videos.

..and this is a 4K video now...so it looks really nice!

....and for those to silly to watch a video...here are pics.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

JAWS (VPX) PuP-Pack

You're gonna need a bigger pincab!

This is the VPX version of my Jaws PuP-Pack. It's a fairly simple table so it only took a few days...but I may update it later when I have more time.

I had a couple of days free time away from my military training course, so I finally got this sucker done!

Thanks goto Rom and SLAMT1LT for the original FP tables, and RandR for the VPX conversion!

Thanks also to Tarcisio Caleiro for his excellent Jaws default background video!

The Future Pinball Ultimate Pro JAWS PuP-Pack is coming... but that table has way more content and modes,etc so it will need a much larger PuP-Pack...and of course the table will need to be updated to work with it. (When I have time).

A video demo of the PuP-Pack can be found here:

And some pics for those who don't watch videos

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Coming Soon... Tron Legacy "End of Line" PuP-Pack.

Completely reworked (using newer PuP features) with new videos for events such as Game Start, Drain, Ball Saved, TILT, Attract Trailers, and all new "Mode Title" videos. Now includes (for the first time) PORTAL mode videos...but most importantly...

New (optional) hi quality "stereo" OST music from the movie that replaces the mono 22000Hz SAM system music.

Video debut trailer here (you see new videos half-way in...but it's all about the music and emotion, man!)

...some pics for those who can't be bothered with a 2 min video...

One of the changes I made to Tron Legacy "End of Line" pup-pack... Mode "Intro" videos.

In the previous Max Pack, each mode would start with a long "Intro" video, and just keep that video looping continuously during the entire mode. I've never been a fan of that (unless it works well like ATC mode on Aliens FX3 pack), as it makes everything way too busy, and Jackpots and other video events just blend in and don't stand out. More isn't always better.

So now I have shorter Intro videos play only once (with animated text), and then you will see the default backglass, but now with the Mode Text on the bottom and the coloured neon border and flares still showing for the mode. Since this pack doesn't use an Overlay image (can't do the neon flares that way)... this needed to be baked into the videos. This makes for a more "clean" look, and is really how I wanted this pack to originally look.

Another addition to Tron Legacy: "End of Line" pup-pack, was adding some missing videos such as Ball Saved (now on the backglass), TILT, more Drains, and more Game Starts, and more Attract mode Trailers.

This PuP-Pack will be replacing the current "Max Pack".

It is designed for 3 screen users (with an LCD screen DMD),  or 2 screen users who have a real DMD. The backglass portion of the pup-pack won't be able to display a virtual DMD, due to using two fullscreen video layers. The optional Topper videos will also need a dedicated space / screen as well.

Those users who don't have a dedicated space for a DMD, will need to use the older "2 on 1" or "3 on 1" packs.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
This videos shows the dramatic difference between using PuP-Tracks for OST Stereo Hi Quality Movie music vs the original SAM System 22000 Hz Mono music. Some of the PuP-Tracks music is the same as the SAM original (but better quality and in stereo), whereas some game modes use completely different OST music, making for a more cinematic experience.

Also, you get different OST music tracks for each new game you start…or you can add your own easily.

All game modes are shown with “Original” and “New OST Music”.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
After a long time... I'm finally back at doing a FP table DOFLinx update! This time for SLAMT1LT's Ultimate Pro edition of Rom's Jaws table for Future Pinball.

The regular DOF toys, buttons, flashers, shaker, gear, fan, beacon, strobe, MX Leds, etc are all in there!

I also have a brand-new PuP-Pack for the table that includes SSF (surround sound feedback).

Here are some preview pics of the Pup-pack!

This table is VERY different than any previous Jaws tables out there.

Many more modes (Panic Alarm, Shark Cage, Pond, KILLER SHARK, Barrel MB, Orca MB, Jaws MB, Kill Jaws, etc)... Civilians (balls) can get Eaten during different modes and affect bonuses that can be used in your next game...a new (Walking Dead LE style) Harpoon Launcher, and more!

Over 200 videos (timed to match the in-game voice overs, etc), Topper videos that give animated instructions for gameplay during each mode, and 80+ PuP SSF 3D positional sounds.

This is for version 1.02 of the table. I'm waiting for 1.06 of the table to drop (which looks better and has more stuff), and then I'll add this to that table and add the new content from that table update to this pup-pack.

For those wondering... this table requires the newest BAM, and uses the newer Dynamic physics (so it plays much better than normal FP), better lighting, shadow maps, and more. You will need to use a program (like cmdow) to "hide" your FP backglass in a cabinet setup (because this pup-pack uses multiple layers)...but I'll show you how (it's easy).

Good news...it can work for desktop users too! You simply need to force FP to a Borderless Windowed mode (I'll show you how, again easy) to allow the pup-pack to play on top of the FP window.

For more info on SLAMT1LT's current and upcoming releases, goto his website here:

https://speak1970.wixsite.com/slamspinballemporium

thagerty

• Offline Offline
...and here's a bunch of quick video demos (of the table and pup-pack) showing the main modes in the game, including the end mode!

Harpoon, Killer Shark and Game Over

Panic Alarm (quick demo)

Shark Cage

Pond, Civilians Eaten and Random Clips

Orca MultiBall

Barrel Multiball

Jaws Multiball

KILL JAWS! (currently 1.02 ending. This will change with 1.06 and higher)

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Doh! I just saw this now... I've been working away at a big update to SLAM's 1.03 update as well. :)

I'll have to play around to see how your mod works gimli! I am so tempted to try a Star Trek phazers mod now :)

Star Wars DSA (Ultimate Pro 1.03 update - Future Pinball).  Awesome Attract Mode! (Gameplay and TerryRed Lights mod test)

SLAMT1LT added in my Lightsaber mod to his excellent Star Wars DSA Ultimate Pro 1.03 update!

He also added new options for changing Lightsaber colours. On top of that, he also added a sweet attract mode! (with one specifically cool moment) ;)

I decided to add some more additional updates myself to see how they would look. (shown in this video)

'** TerryRed Updates ** (these may or may not be included in SLAM's next update. I did this for fun)

- increased brightness of white saber blade light (when using lower post processing gamma settings it wasn’t bright enough)
- slightly adjusted angle / size / position of holograms for a better view of glow in all camera views (adjusted mini-playfield to match)
- updated lights (Lightsaber hilt, Kickback, outerlane left bulbs, Defense Bonus Lights) to change colour to match the Lightsaber colour change
- added user option in script to adjust the brightness of playfield insert lights and some bulbs (for GI on and GI off)
- added Vader Red Ring Light to Light Inserts Brightness option (makes hi voice-overs much more noticeable when GI is off)
- Added option for SLAMT1LT BAM Light Preset settings to be used automatically on table start.
- Added some amusing voice overs for the excellent TerryRed Saber mod special mention
- adjusted the attract sequence (GI on and off) for a more dramatic effect

Youtube link for 4K 60fps video demo (when YT finishes processing):

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Retroflair (original table on normal Future Pinball) vs my updated Retroflair (BAM Edition) mod.

This is a video of my first attempt at taking an older Future Pinball table (made by the talented rom), and updating it to modern BAM features.

You can see the drastic difference in not only how much better it plays (and I don't really know much about physics)...but also how stunning it can look with the following changes:

BAM dynamic physics
new controlled g.i. lighting using hardware nano flashers
BAM RGB flashers (that look so cool!)
BAM shadow maps
BAM ball texture
BAM ball and flipper shadows
BAM global lighting and post processing
BAM controlled brightness of light inserts
This looks and plays so much better....and looks so cool in BAM Open VR!

I already have DOFLinx support on the table, but I may update it to use the new iCOM BAM plug-in (thanks Nailbuster and Ravarcade!), that allows FP to use DOF directly without needing DOFLinx.

Link to 4K 60fps Youtube demo video:

thagerty

• Offline Offline
...and so a new era begins...

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Just another video showing you my big progress with my PinCab while you can still see inside of it. Now I have a Fire Button on the lockdown bar, and Apron LCD Screen, a 16:9 Middle Screen, a working tilt bob and analogue nudge, SSF... and more!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
The pinball cabinet , PC, VR and simpit are all now working together... and after a few years, I finally have pinball cabinet glass! I also have some tinted plexi blades to cover the MX Leds on the sides to match the back panel. It's going to look real nice when it's all setup!

thagerty

• Offline Offline

This video finally shows the first reveal of my updates to my virtual pincab.

I reworked the Popper T-Bar to now display on my new Apron screen, and the Text and details to display on my mid-screen.

I also now have animated "grill videos" for each playlist, but you can have them for each table if you want.

I'll have gameplay demos showing the apron screen being used with PuP-Packs and the mid-screen being used with PUPDMD and PinEvent.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
This video talks all about reflections on your playfield and how to get rid of them using either privacy / security screen, or a custom glare guard.
I also show gameplay demos to show how the games look with and without reflections using my crazy custom glare guard and privacy screen on my MX Leds.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Here’s a quick video preview that shows off (in my cabinet) some of the DOF and MX Leds I added to Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (VPX) by Scotty Wic.

I have effects for the potion cauldron, the wand Lock, shimmer / modes, Goblet Fire, Dragon Fire, particle effects for each mode and colour matched with the undercab lighting… and much more than I can show in this video.

There will be more DOF updates coming. Sorry for my phone’s crap audio.

I really need a high quality new video camera of some sort.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Jaws Ultimate Pro 1.08 PE (Future Pinball, PinEvent)

PUPDMD 16:9 FullDMD wip.

Here's a few screenshots of my 16:9 FullDMD option (Stern style Middle screen) running with the Ultimate Pro version of the pup-pack.

The bottom half will display videos that visually show you what to do in the game, and changes depending on the mode or events happening.

The top half is PUPDMD text and scoring that will run in realtime, and it doesn't interfere with the bottom portion.

Works out really nice!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
How many ways can Pup do a PUPDMD on a Future Pinball table if you have your PuP screens properly placed?  :)

LCD DMD (4:1 standard DMD size)

Real DMD - only 128x32 dots  :(

FullDMD 16:9 fullscreen (Stern style)

LCD DMD on the Backglass (for 2 screen users)

Topper/Under above the DMD for split middle screens

kaze1sd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2020, 04:25:11 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Arcade Controls
« Reply #230 on: June 10, 2020, 02:35:46 pm »
Awesome cabinet @thagerty!  :notworthy:

I think I would also like to build a hybrid cab as I am limited on space. 

Now that you have PinKadia for awhile would you change anything if you had to do it over again?  I know being a hybrid cab there are definitely going to have to be some concessions to make but are you satisfied with the arcade controls distance from the front?  Would you move them further up/back (further back for comfort OR further up to bring pinball playfield closer)?  Definitely interested in your opinion.

Thanks again for sharing PinKadia with us and all the work with PUP.  I definitely want to thank you for your VPX getting started write-up and your YouTube videos.  They have definitely been helpful in me getting started with VP.