Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PinKadia: MAME, Pinball, and PC games in a combined Pinball and Arcade cabinet!  (Read 14766 times)

thagerty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150352.0.html
A day of greatness is upon us....

DOFLinx will soon support triggering "any" DOF device and command.

This means that finally.... addressable leds (MX), will work with Future Pinball and Pinball FX2!

Here's a coming soon "reveal" video I made....   "Let there be light!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWucVfHcyPc

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
Very nice man, no need for the additional flashers on the backglass, woohoo.

2016 Texas Pinball Festival - Best Arcade In Show - MKX

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Very nice man, no need for the additional flashers on the backglass, woohoo.

I keep thinking the same thing....maybe if I one day redo my backglass to a hybrid PB2K style, then that will happen. Also, all the FP and FX2 tables need to be updated with the new FF_DOF "E",xxx  commands that trigger the DOF MX commands.

MOTU was easy to do because of how I did the script mod (every action has its own sub routine, all VERY organised). Other tables aren't as easy, but they will get there.

FX2 tables will be very easy for DDH69 to update since they are much simpler for effects. He just addes the new commnds to the existing xxx.FX2 file.

Arngrim has all the FX2 tables and a big list of FP tables on the DOF Config Tool now!  They don't have DOF yet (and you need to wait for DDH69 to return from vacation to finish up the DOFLinx update), but you "should" be able to use the Pinball X entries for your tables for Pinball X effects.  I haven't tried it yet, but you may need to have the table name (or description?) in Pinball X match the  "romname" in DOF Config Tool.   For FP it would be the fp_romname, and FX2 would be fx2_romname.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
....and whats awesome about this is (when its released), is that if you want to change any MX effects, colours,etc  for a specific table....you don't need to touch the FP table script or FX2 at all.  You just change it on DOF config Tool in your custom table config, just like you can with VP!

rablack97

• Offline Offline
ok it looks like if there are any VP tables with a similar name it pulls in the back effects for FP tables.

regardless if its set up in the DOF config tool.

I'm sure now that he has the individual tables for FP and FX2 whatever you put in the PB MX back will override the preliminary match it tries to do initially.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
ok it looks like if there are any VP tables with a similar name it pulls in the back effects for FP tables.

I'm sure now that he has the individual tables for FP and FX2 whatever you put in the PB MX back will override the preliminary match it tries to do initially.

Yah, I'm playing with that now.

It "seems" that if your Table's "Description" in Pinball X Game Manager (which is the same name as your PBX media files for the table) matches closely with what is in the "Table Name" in DOF Config Tool.... then it will show whatever effect you entered in PF Back PBX MX.

Just tried it with FX2 and FP tables.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

To clarify even further....

It will ignore the "FX2:" and "FP:" that's in the table name in DOF Config Tool.

It will ignore brackets in a table name ,  "Aliens Legacy (Ultimate)"

Some name need to be the same.

So in DOF Config Tool you will see:

FP: Aliens Legacy (Ultimate)
FX2: Aliens
FX2: Bethesda - Doom

If you want your specific PF Back PBX MX effects (that you entered for that table in DOF Config Tool) to show up in Pinball X, you would have Pinball X's "Description" in Game Manager (and also your table's media to match) be like this:

Aliens Legacy, or Aliens Legacy (Ultimate)
Aliens
Bethesda - Doom      (just having Doom didn't seem to work)

It would be nice if we could also use the table's "rom" entry in the xml files for the "system's" database. That would allow us to use any naming convention we want.

rablack97

• Offline Offline
You on win 10 or 7

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Win 10, 64 bit.

i5 2500k 8GB ram, GTX 970  in the cabinet.

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Caution on updating to the 1720 creator.  I did and it hosed up my pbx DMD and DOF output at bootup, still haven't figure out why.

The PBX direct output log has a line that says no config file can be found, but when i exti out of pbx and back into it, it finds it, but if i shell to it, the file can't be found.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Yah, I think I had that update already....and yah it causes some weird stuff at first.  This is the only major thing I don't like about Win 10. (though if you persist you can disable updates)

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
I've only got one word!

DAMN!!!!

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31