Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: PinKadia: MAME, Pinball, and PC games in a combined Pinball and Arcade cabinet!  (Read 97903 times)

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
Caution on updating to the 1720 creator.  I did and it hosed up my pbx DMD and DOF output at bootup, still haven't figure out why.

The PBX direct output log has a line that says no config file can be found, but when i exti out of pbx and back into it, it finds it, but if i shell to it, the file can't be found.

thagerty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2020, 11:30:19 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,150352.0.html
Yah, I think I had that update already....and yah it causes some weird stuff at first.  This is the only major thing I don't like about Win 10. (though if you persist you can disable updates)

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
I've only got one word!

DAMN!!!!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Masters of the Universe: Mastered. DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

You have the power of the ultimate light show in a pinball cabinet! This is the first Future Pinball table to use addressable leds thanks to the new DOF led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

You have never seen a light show quite like this in a pinball cabinet! Amazing effects and animation that surround the playfield!

A video demonstration can be seen here in my cabinet:

This table has the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

- 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
- 5 RGB flashers
- Blower Fan
- Shaker
- Gear motor
- Strobe
- Beacon
- Start button
- Coin button
- Launch Ball button
- RGB Undercab Lighting
- Addressable leds

Requirements:

- DOF R3 installed (for DOFLinx cabinet feedback and lighting) and addressable leds already setup and working (for MX led effects).
- DOFlinx 5.20 or higher is REQUIRED, even if you don't have addressable leds.
- addressable leds are NOT required to play this table, but they are HIGHLY recommended.
- to use the addressable leds with this table you must have your DOF "config" files updated by using DOF Config Tool! (just like you would for Visual Pinball)

To play a Future Pinball table with addressable leds support (DOFLinx MX):

- update DOFLinx as per normal (must be 5.20 or higher). Make sure you copy over the new DOFLinx.vbs to "Future Pinball \ Scripts".
- add DIRECTOUTPUTGLOBAL=c:\DirectOuput\Config\GLobalConfig_b2sServer.xml   (assuming you have it there)  to your DOFLinx.ini file.
- download the awesomeness of a Future Pinball DOFLinx MX table
- check DOF Config Tool to see if support for that table has been added to it yet  (you will see FP tables start with "FP:") If there are no DOF commands showing for that table, its not supported yet.
- "Generate" a new Config File (containing directoutputconfig30.ini in the zip)  and copy the new files to your "DirectOutput \ Configs"  folder.
- play the epicness that is Future Pinball with DOFLinx cabinet feedback and addressable leds!

DOFLinx 5.20+ download link:

http://www.vpforums....&showfile=12318

Table will be available here when approved:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=13089

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Star Wars Death Star Assault (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Witness the most explosive light show in a pinball cabinet thanks to the new DOF addressable led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

You have never seen a light show quite like this in a pinball cabinet! Amazing effects and animation that surround the playfield!

- Lightsabers,
- explosions
- X-Wing and Tie-Fighter Blasters
- flashing words like SPECIAL, PADAWAN, JEDI, SOLO
- targetting computer
- video mode

A video demonstration in my cabinet can be seen here:

This table has the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

- 5 RGB flashers
- Blower Fan
- Shaker
- Gear motor
- Strobe
- Beacon
- Start button
- Coin button
- Launch Ball button
- Fire button
- RGB Undercab Lighting
- Addressable leds

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 09:37:10 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Since I haven't really done any FX2 videos for DOFLinx, I think the new release of 5.20 which supports addressable leds makes this a good reason to have a video demonstration.

DOFLinx is part of the complete cabinet experience for Pinball FX2!

-addressable leds
-B2S active backglass
-full DOF feedback and lighting support

Add in freezy's dmdext for virtual DMD (clean round dots) or real DMD support

« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 04:58:20 pm by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Retroflair: DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Wipeout: DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Witness a modern light show in a retro theme, thanks to the new DOF addressable led MX support in DOFLinx 5.20!

These tables have the complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

- 5 RGB flashers
- Blower Fan
- Shaker
- Gear motor
- Strobe
- Beacon
- Start button
- Coin button
- Launch Ball button
- RGB Undercab Lighting
- Addressable leds

Scotty_C

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 05:56:08 pm
  • The addiction is strong!!
keep up the amazing work...one day I'll understand how to do this stuff (and have my own vpin ;) )

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Finally, my new screen has come in. Upgraded to a 43 inch 4K TV, and it looks beautiful. Everything is crisp and clean and smooth, no lag. Here's an updated video of the Gameroom and TerryRed Studios.....  ;)

ivwshane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 24, 2022, 09:35:21 pm
    • My first mame cab! (WIP)
Is your cabinet a standard wide body? With the new 43" TV did you need to decase it and if not is the tv bezel hidden underneath the glass rails?

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Is your cabinet a standard wide body? With the new 43" TV did you need to decase it and if not is the tv bezel hidden underneath the glass rails?

Williams Widebody.... no need to decase it (newer TV's are harder to do that with because they are not edge-lit)...bezel not hidden under glass rails, but they are partially hidden under my addressable led rails.

rablack97

• Offline Offline
did you swap over to PBFX3 yet?

thagerty

• Offline Offline
did you swap over to PBFX3 yet?

Not until I know DOFLinx and dmdext will work with it.  I have tried it out though and the upgraded tables look really nice.

Avatar (Ultimate) for FP is updated to DOFLinx MX now, and it looks awesome! Just waiting on Arngrim to add it to the DOF Config Tool database before uploading the table.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Avatar (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

Featuring the most stunning particle effects, explosions, and machine gun blasts never seen before in a pinball cabinet!

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
5 RGB flashers
Blower Fan
Shaker
Gear motor
Strobe
Beacon
Start button
Coin button
Launch Ball button
RGB under cabinet lighting
Addressable Leds

Table will be available once the MX configs are added to DOF Config Tool's public database.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Tron Legacy (Stern) (Ultimate): DOFLinx MX Cabinet Edition

The Grid's most awesome addressable leds make for Light Cycle ramp effects, Light Jet Cannons, Explosions and the coolest de-resolution effects you have ever seen in a real pinball cabinet!

A video demonstration of this table can be seen here in my cabinet:

This table has complete cabinet feedback and lighting support for the following:

– 10 solenoids for flipper, slingshots, bumpers, etc..
– 5 RGB flashers
– Blower Fan
– Shaker
– Gear motor
– Strobe
– Beacon
– Start button
– Coin button
– Launch Ball button
– RGB Undercab Lighting
– Addressable Leds

thagerty

• Offline Offline

OK...so with Stranger Things Season 2 about to start... I thought something could use an addressable leds update! I asked ScottyWic if it would be ok for me to add custom addressable leds triggers to the table and DOF MX code to the table script and he said go for it!

So I did!

Note, I didn't replace or change the normal DOF (I did fix a couple DOF trigger errors). I added completely different trigger commands and "E" numbers used only for DOF MX leds.   This allowed me to do whatever I wanted without interfering with what was already there.  It also allows anyone who doesn't like what I did to simply erase the "MX commands" for their custom config for the table in DOF Config Tool...and simply "Generate Basic MX Config" to go back to the Basic MX Flashers emulation....but who would want that?  ;)

The new table version 2.2 (with my DOF MX updates) was submitted to ScottyWic, so he'll be uploading it soon.  I also submitted the "all new"  DOF MX commands to DOF Config Tool (which REQUIRES 2.2) which is waiting approval.

What would a TerryRed update be without a video....  here is a demo of my DOF MX mod of Stranger Things 2.2:

rablack97

• Offline Offline

thagerty

• Offline Offline

The Getaway: Hi-Speed 2

Here is a demo video of my update to the addressable leds for this table. Some of the highlights:

- I kept all of Swisslizard's original MX led effects
- added new RPM Tachometer "VROOM" effect (activated with flipper when ball in plunger lane)
- "SHIFT" flashes on back MX whenever shift light is on.
- Added Orbit Effects.
- Added animated effects for ALL actions on the table.
- Added Red / Blue Beacon effects.
- Removed any duplicate PF Back MX flashers that already had animated MX Effects.
- Added some flashers and effects on the Left and Right MX.
- Very cool light show!

If you want to skip my ranting at the beginning, go to 2:40 to go right to the demo.

The update has been submitted to DOF Config Tool. Once it has been approved, you just need to update your DOF Config files with the Tool and you are good to go!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
I present to you, the world’s first PinUp Player table mod, Tron Legacy VPX (PUP Edition).

PinUp Player is a new program that allows for full video files to be played on your backglass, topper or dmd screen, when triggered from in table events. This basically means you can have a JJP-like backglass, Stern-like middle screen, or a SLAMT1LT FP-like table.

This is not using a PinUp B2S (easy method that doesn't need any mod of the table), and was a complete mod of the table script. I created all the videos myself (1920×1080 for Backglass, and 1920×822 for Topper), inspired by SLAMT1LT’s FP version. Skip to 3:20 to get right to the demo and skip by rambling. Note: The backglass video in the upper right may seem to stutter…that’s because OBS wouldn’t record it nicely, whereas my cabinet shows that the videos all play perfectly all the time!

Since this is a rom based table. I have no access or control over any of the game code or actions. I literally made A LOT of new code specifically for PUP that works based on only triggers / switches from the game, and the playfield lights and neon ramp colour logic. It’s a miracle I was able to pull this off, as this works with most MB modes, as well as the jackpots,etc all having unique videos with titles,etc.  Because of this, I also wasn’t able to do anything for Sea of Simulation, End of Line MB,  or portal, as they all use White for neon ramp colours, and I have no way to differentiate them.

Enjoy….so cool!

PinUp Player can be downloaded here:

http://www.vpforums.org/index.php?showtopic=38979&page=1

TheGreatRedDragon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2023, 12:40:53 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
This is madness. Glorious, glorious madness. I've never wanted a pinball cab until now.

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Here is a demo of my PinUP Player mod, of my DOFLinx MX mod of SLAMT1LT's Tron Legacy (Stern, Ultimate) FP table running in desktop. While this is FP (and it doesn't use roms), you still need to create a PUPB2S to work with DOFLinx.  So you still have total control from FP (through script) using DOFLinx PUP B2S calls.  As a result, I'm able to have properly controlled videos and many more videos compared to the VPX PuP Edition.

It's running in 1920x1080 windowed fullscreen. Since FP doesn't give this option, I set FP to windowed, and set the resolution of FP in the registry, and used a program called "Windowed Borderless Gaming" to force FP to Borderless Windowed Fullscreen.

All the Upper Left Backglass videos are running at 1920x1080 30fps, and the middle left Topper videos are running at 1920x822 30fps. Looks so much nicer than the FP original videos in a cabinet, and also look stunning in 4K desktop too! The FP original videos are on the right.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
This is a video demo on my new updated Tron Legacy (PuPCapB2S Edition)... I need a better name. :) 

It's a video preview of a new upcoming feature of PinUP Player, called PuPCapture that NailBuster's been working hard at completing. This feature basically uses DMD images (from dmdext) to trigger PuP videos.  The last half of the video explains more about PuPB2S and I show how PuPCapture works.

This version of the table includes all the previous updates by Dozer, DJRobx, Rusty Cardones, and Haunt Freaks....based on ICPjugglas VPX table. The table will be available when the new version of PinUP Player that supports this function is released (its still a WIP feature).

Watch the entire video to get most of your answers.... :)

thagerty

• Offline Offline
I have been busy working away at helping with the testing and development of the new PinUP Player. Today I created a demo video showing off PuP's new features with a few different tables on different systems. One of these tables is Aliens Pinball FX3, and another is Future Pinball Tron Legacy DOFLinx: MX PuP Edition. The first table is Avatar VPX showing off a PuP-Pack created by NailBuster and xkane47. The last shows off my updated Tron Legacy PuP-Pack Edition of the VPX table.  The very end of the video shows a special use of DOFLinx for MX Leds and PuP in a non Pinball game.  :)

The Aliens FX3 demo shows off the new PuP-Pack active Video Backglass and Topper I created for the table....but it also shows off DDH69's excellent MX Leds effects for the table in action as well!

The Future Pinball Tron Legacy DOFLinx: MX PuP Edition demo shows off DOFLinx triggering MX Leds effects but also shows how DOFLinx is used to trigger PinUP Player for active Video s for the Backglass and Topper screens.

The Aliens PuP-Pack is still WIP, but it has some cool stuff!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Here you go guys. My 3 part video for PinUP Player setup and install. I go through and show EVERYTHING you need to do for setup BEFORE you install PuP. Then I show the entire install and configure process. Then I explain the features and demonstrate a test for each system. I highly recommend watching the entire 3 videos to better understand how it all should be setup, and how PuP works.

Part 1: Setup your System BEFORE installing PuP

Part 2: Install and Configure PuP. Explain features.

Part 3: Demo and Test of each Pinball system that works with PuP.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Here's a video (featuring my new Tron PuP-Pack) demonstrating PinUP Players' new WIP features such as Overlay and Underlay support both of which can be changed by any trigger (note the NEON colours change for MB modes,etc).

It also shows the new Splash Video function (plays a new video then returns to previous video instead of stopping it), as well as using StopFile to stop only specific files that may be playing, or StopPlayer to stop all videos on a screen.

So you have a DMDExt DMD overtop an Overlay still image, which is over top of two Topper video layers, and a Backglass layer which uses an Underlay still image as well. NOTE: this PuP-Pack is for those who don't have a 3rd screen DMD or real DMD. Until these new PuP features came along, this wasn't possible! Two other PuP-Packs will be made for the other setups!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
I've been a busy boy for the last few weeks...

I'm helping Nailbuster test a new front end he's been working on called PinUP Popper!

It's made for virtual pinball, but also can be used for probably most emulator systems, or PC Games as well.

The video does a better job at explaining it than my typing...

...cool stuff.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Announcing my All-New Tron Legacy LE, VPX PinUP Player PuP-Packs. 3 different packs for almost any cabinet configuration.

The Max Pack: PuP Backglass, PuP Topper, and real DMD or virtual DMD on their own screens. 

This is by far the best looking version.

For anyone who has a real DMD or an LCD DMD screen. (Topper is optional). 

Has a brand new "framed" backglass with animated lens flares and colour changing neon effects to match the neon ramps and the gamemodes, other animations and new Topper videos. It makes the older PuP-Pack look very boring and simple in comparison. 

(2 Backglass video layers, 2 Topper video layers).

3 on 1 screen Pack: PuP Backglass, PuP Topper, DMD (PinMAME or DMDExt) are all on the Backglass screen.

For those who MUST have their virtual DMD on the backglass screen (16:9) and don't have room for anything else. If you have a "square" backglass screen, then you can try the other two packs ("Max Pack" or "2 on 1") and have the DMD below the PuP Backglass.

This Pack uses still image overlays for the new "framed" neon border. This overlay will change neon colours for game modes as well, but only has single colour transparency, and can't have animated neon or flares, or other animation on the border, so it's not as nice looking as the "Max Pack".

You need to position your virtual DMD at the bottom center of the PuP Backglass.

(1 Backglass video layer, 2 Topper video layers, virtual DMD Layer, 1 Overlay layer)

2 on 1 screen Pack: PuP Backglass, and PuP Topper on the Backglass screen. Real DMD or LCD DMD on a separate screen (unless you have a square screen that gives you space for it below the PuP Backglass)

For those who want the Topper on the backglass screen (16:9) and don't have room for anything else. If you have a "square" backglass screen, then you can also try the "Max Pack" and have the DMD below the PuP Backglass (Topper is optional with Max Pack).

This uses still image overlays for the new "framed" neon border. This overlay will change neon colours for game modes as well, but only has single colour transparency, and can't have animated neon or flares, or other animation on the border, so it's not as nice looking as the "Max Pack".

A video demo of all 3 packs can be seen here:

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Some long overdue cabinet upgrades are coming...

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Stranger Things: Stranger Edition!

A video demo of ScottyWic's fantastic Stranger Things: Stranger Edition table for VPX.....  featuring DOF, MX Leds, and PinUP Player awesomeness!

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Progress is slow....but the plunger is done...

thagerty

• Offline Offline

Into the abyss of the inside of my cabinet...

thagerty

• Offline Offline

So...now that I had some time....yes...after 3 years...the cab is shaking!!! I finally installed a real Stern Shaker Motor.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
So after almost 3 years it finally happened.

I now have a lockdown bar.... as well as a new 1 player - 2 stick control panel (instead of the monster 2 player - 3 stick 1000 button panel).

The 2nd stick is still great for MAME 2 stick games, but is awesome for pinball games like The Getaway! But there's a twist!

Presenting the world's first control panel blower fan vent. ;) This works so much better for me than having it come out through the coin return or on top of the cab!

Is all of this goofy and different than everyone else's cab? Yup...what else would you expect from me?  :)

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Coming Soon... SSF for FX3! (and Future Pinball)

Once the new DOFLinx is released, I will upload 2 sets of "FX3 SSF" PuP-Packs!

The "DEFAULT TRIGGERS" PuP-Packs set will work for all tables with the standard Flippers, Slings, Bumpers, Drain, Ball In, Launch, and Nudge for SSF. These will use the same sounds and 3D positions for every table.

You simply setup DOFLinx for PUP SSF, and then copy these pup packs into your PinUPSystem folder.

For a more Complete SSF Experience:

Now, if you want more than the default sounds and positions...well this will require some editing of PuP-Packs from yourself or others.

I will make available, the "ALL TRIGGERS" PuP-Packs that can be a more table specific and complete SSF experience. HOWEVER, these need to be COMPLETED!

You would only copy over one of these PuP-Pack if you intend to edit them!

You simply need to play the game (using this version of the pack for the table), listen to the "numbers" you hear (and note where you heard it). Then you edit the PuP-Pack, find the trigger using the "number" you heard, and then change the sound file to what kind of action it is, and edit the 3d position of where the sound should come from.

It may sound complex...its not. Its very easy. Just watch my entire video and you will see me explain everything.

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack! DOFLinx, SSF, and optional Movie Soundtrack!

I've updated my Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack to have more videos, use newer PuP features, and it has optional SSF (Surround Sound Feedback) and Movie Music!

Video preview:

This FX3 table can run on a cabinet and have excellent hardware, lighting, and surround sound feedback, and an active video backglass using the combination of the following programs:

- DDH69's DOFLinx will trigger all cabinet feedback related functions. This includes solenoids, shaker motor, blower fan, RGB flashers, RGB undercab, strobes, beacons, MX leds,etc . It also will trigger the Pinup Player SSF (surround sound feedback) actions.

- Freezy's dmdext (DMD Extensions) will render the FX3 DMD to real DMDs or a new virtual DMD window with nice clean "dots". It will also output the DMD images to Pinup Player for PuPCapture.

- NailBuster's Pinup Player will create an active video Backglass and Topper. It monitors the dmdext DMD output and will play videos on your Backglass or Topper screen when it sees specific DMD images. It also plays movie music tracks in the same manner. For PuP SSF (surround sound feedback), it relies on DOFLinx to tell Pinup Player when to play the SSF sounds.

-TerryRed is the poor sap who created this Aliens FX3 PuP-Pack.

« Last Edit: July 22, 2018, 04:30:31 pm by thagerty »

rablack97

• Offline Offline
Cool as always Terry  :applaud:

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Tron Legacy (Stern Ultimate) DOFLinx: MX PuP SSF

Now updated to support my new PuP-Pack with new videos and SSF (surround sound feedback). A Future Pinball first!

Video preview:

thagerty

• Offline Offline
Here it is...the first video preview of my new Transformers PuP-Pack!

So far it has 229 different videos on 6 different PuP Screens with an Overlay image. It uses over 200 PuPCapture images monitoring the DMD to trigger the videos using newer features of Pinup Player 1.3.6.

This was a mountain of work that took a good 3 weeks to (almost) finish. (still more to do) The bottom "Text" area is sized perfectly for a DMD for those who need to have their DMD on the backglass screen...so this should work for everyone.

I used the Ball Controller to show as many videos as quickly as I could...and it still was over 35 mins!

There is something new through almost the entire video as the videos will be different if you choose Autobots or Decepticons. The backglass animations on the different PuP screens will also change depending on what you choose.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2018, 03:28:16 am by thagerty »

thagerty

• Offline Offline
I asked Tarcisio Caleiro if he could make his excellent Bumblebee Topper video (modded from an excellent T2 video) work as a Decepticon as well. So he did, and I was going to add them as optional Toppers....but I thought, why not try something even cooler! Choose your EYES!

yo1dog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 10, 2023, 10:48:49 am
    • MikeArcade
This build is pretty amazing. It looks very authentic.

I am not usually a fan of the RGB LED controls look, but on that pinball table it looks right at home. Nice work!