Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Grayhound Skill Crane Help!!  (Read 1880 times)

rolex101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2016, 11:51:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Grayhound Skill Crane Help!!
« on: April 09, 2016, 07:30:25 pm »
bought this skill crane today not knowing what was wrong with it. I get it home and crack it open to take a look at the internals to see what needs to be repaired. When I open it up I noticed there aren't any circuit boards inside. I am new this so I have been researching them to find out information so I can get it going again. My question is which boards am I missing? It has 5 connections that are inside that need to be plugged up.

lilshawn

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:59:19 pm
  • I break stuff...then fix it...sometimes
Re: Grayhound Skill Crane Help!!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 01:34:46 pm »
you are going to need a board for sure. best to find the model and post it here.

you will need something similar to this:

http://collectedit.com/shops/toomucharcadestuff/greyhound-crane-machine-arcade-game-circuit-board-pcb-boardset-1995-402

I'm not sure what the ribbon cable goes to. but the board you are looking for would just have all the sockets for all those plugs to work. (just a single board solution)

rolex101

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 07, 2016, 11:51:41 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: Grayhound Skill Crane Help!!
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2016, 08:23:46 pm »
Ok, heres an update I got all 3 boards hooked up but i'm still having problems. When I turn the crane on the claw will move to the home position and the counter and seconds will both be on zero but it will not reconize anyone coins or bills that I put into it. So after that I tried to do a self test by turning dip switch 8 on and all the others off then 1-4 on but nothing happened. After that I pulled the wiring harness that goes to the buttons and coin mech from the relay board and it starting cycling the self tests so then I turned dip switch 8 off and tried it pulling off the wiring harness again  and it started adding plays to the play counter but I still could not play the game. Also there is a small green wire coming off of the claw wiring harness that im not sure where it goes. Help!!!!!!

EDIT: I made a video. Check this out
« Last Edit: April 29, 2016, 10:10:49 pm by rolex101 »