Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: RocketBlinky - 3rd Party LEDBlinky Quick Setup Tool  (Read 42702 times)

Justn

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 10:15:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: RocketBlinky - 3rd Party LEDBlinky Quick Setup Tool
« Reply #40 on: October 21, 2016, 05:05:41 pm »
Hello can someone help me with a question when setting this up. Since i use ultrastik 360s joysticks do i still need to assign keys in rocketblinky for the player directions if i want to use the map swapping feature in ledblinky ? I think i would because i still want it to speak the primary controls for the different games and systems but dont want to linit myself to 4/8 way mapping on the 360s for all emulators

newoski

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2016, 05:08:05 pm »
Hello can someone help me with a question when setting this up. Since i use ultrastik 360s joysticks do i still need to assign keys in rocketblinky for the player directions if i want to use the map swapping feature in ledblinky ? I think i would because i still want it to speak the primary controls for the different games and systems but dont want to linit myself to 4/8 way mapping on the 360s for all emulators

Good question. I don't have U360s so I didn't factor this in -- though from your post, I can't tell if it is a problem. Could you explain in a bit more detail what the problem might be... how you'd like it to work... and then I can try to figure out a solution

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #42 on: October 21, 2016, 05:35:52 pm »
Oh wait... you mean because some games use bidirectional etc? That's baked in... for MAME games

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2016, 04:26:24 pm »

LEDBlinky uses the primary control (designated on the Player 0 tab in the Controls Editor) for each game to determine the u360 mappings (2/4/8/analog etc.).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: October 22, 2016, 07:49:35 pm »

Thanks to Arzoo's clarification, I can answer this question more completely, now. Most games that use 2-way directional mappings, or diagonals for that matter, are MAME games and are already programmed via controls.ini and the mamelist.xml files. These should continue to work, as with regular LEDBlinky. All I do is add additionally mappings for missing games and a TON of systems. If you come across any systems that should been mapped 2-way, let me know. I don't believe there were any that SpotUp or I missed, but if you identify any, it's an easy fix. Let me know if you have any other questions

epic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2016, 01:04:56 pm
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2016, 04:24:33 pm »
So here's an odd one. As a reminder, my hyperspin setup uses rocketlauncher to launch instead of hyperlaunch.

Mame has been working great with Rocketblinky so i gave NES a try. My install uses Mednafen for NES and the lights almost light up correctly.

My KI2 Cab is as follows once I launch into a NES game:
1P - WHITE
P1B1 - RED
P1B2 - RED
P1B3 - WHITE
P1B4 - WHITE
P1B5 - [nothing]
P1B6 - [nothing]
2P - White
P2B1 - RED
P2B2 - RED
P2B3 - [nothing]
P2B4 - [nothing]
P2B5 - [nothing]
P2B6 - [nothing]

Despite the xml files specifying otherwise. I remapped it so select is Fierce punch on both controllers, but quick kick on p1 is lighting up still and FP on P2 isn't lighting up at all.

So, again, how it should be but isn't:
1P - WHITE
P1B1 - RED
P1B2 - RED
P1B3 - WHITE
P1B4 - [nothing]
P1B5 - [nothing]
P1B6 - [nothing]
2P - WHITE
P2B1 - RED
P2B2 - RED
P2B3 - WHITE
P2B4 - [nothing]
P2B5 - [nothing]
P2B6 - [nothing]
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 04:47:48 pm by epic »

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2016, 04:30:49 pm »
So here's an odd one. As a reminder, my hyperspin setup uses rocketlauncher to launch instead of hyperlaunch.

Mame has been working great with Rocketblinky so i gave NES a try. My install uses Mednafen for NES and the lights almost light up correctly.

My KI2 Cab is as follows once I launch into a NES game:
1P - WHITE
1QP - RED
1MP - RED
1FP - WHITE
1QK - WHITE
1MK - [nothing]
1FK - [nothing]
2P - White
2QP - RED
2MP - RED
2FP - [nothing]
1QK - [nothing]
1MK - [nothing]
1FK - [nothing]

Despite the xml files specifying otherwise. I remapped it so select is Fierce punch on both controllers, but quick kick on p1 is lighting up still and FP on P2 isn't lighting up at all.

So, again, how it should be but isn't:
1P - WHITE
1QP - RED
1MP - RED
1FP - WHITE
1QK - [nothing]
1MK - [nothing]
1FK - [nothing]
2P - WHITE
2QP - RED
2MP - RED
2FP - WHITE
1QK - [nothing]
1MK - [nothing]
1FK - [nothing]

Hi epic,

I'm confused by your button descriptions... Mind sending me a PM with your TeamViewer info? I can login and get you squared away.

If you'd prefer to correspond via this thread, please let me know:

1. What those button labels mean. Better yet, let me know the info in the standard format of P1B1=, P1B2= etc
2. Are you using "NES" as your system name in RocketLauncher? Or are you using the correct, RocketLauncher default name, "Nintendo Entertainment System"? If you're using anything other than "Nintendo Entertainment System" you'll need to use the LEDBlinky System Name workaround...

epic

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2016, 01:04:56 pm
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2016, 04:49:12 pm »
I'm confused by your button descriptions... Mind sending me a PM with your TeamViewer info? I can login and get you squared away.

1. What those button labels mean. Better yet, let me know the info in the standard format of P1B1=, P1B2= etc
2. Are you using "NES" as your system name in RocketLauncher? Or are you using the correct, RocketLauncher default name, "Nintendo Entertainment System"? If you're using anything other than "Nintendo Entertainment System" you'll need to use the LEDBlinky System Name workaround...
Sorry for the confusion, they are simply 1 = Player 1, Quick Punch / Medium Punch / Fierce Punch. I modified the original post to reflect the layout in your terms.

I wish I could tell you how things are labeled in RocketLauncher. I try to load it manually and it never opens when double-clicking RocketLauncherUI.exe - don't know if that's a Windows10 issue on my end or what. Meanwhile my setup works fine. I bought this setup from online so I've been piecing together how things work. If you had time to teamviewer tonight, I'd be totally down but I would not want to waste your time on something that's probably solely on my setup.

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2016, 04:57:56 pm »

Sorry for the confusion, they are simply 1 = Player 1, Quick Punch / Medium Punch / Fierce Punch. I modified the original post to reflect the layout in your terms.

I wish I could tell you how things are labeled in RocketLauncher. I try to load it manually and it never opens when double-clicking RocketLauncherUI.exe - don't know if that's a Windows10 issue on my end or what. Meanwhile my setup works fine. I bought this setup from online so I've been piecing together how things work. If you had time to teamviewer tonight, I'd be totally down but I would not want to waste your time on something that's probably solely on my setup.
Yes. PM me.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2016, 10:16:50 am »

For anyone following along, Epic had two issues here. One was an LEDBlinky setting. Once that was fixed, things worked as expected. Regarding his use of Button 3 for "Select", I provided him with instructions to manually make the changes he'd like. Since he doesn't have Coin buttons for either play, he needs to use one of his game buttons for "Select" on consoles. This button changes, based on the number of buttons used by each console. Thus the need for a workaround. The randomness is something that can only be accounted for manually, but we came up with a simple set of steps he can follow to get to his goal.

fablog

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 18, 2024, 10:30:06 pm
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2016, 06:59:50 pm »
Great tool, thanks @newosky I like it a lot. Thanks again for the help you gave me to do the setup on my computer :)

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: November 11, 2016, 03:15:24 pm »
Updated to 1.1. ChangeLog in first post

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2016, 06:43:46 pm »
I just set up a blanket colour setting for nebula to use in blinky so MVS is a simple system to fix :)

Mind testing, real quick? Works for me. Just want to make sure it's working for someone else. Also, added benefit would be only lighting the activ controls... Unless you prefer them all lit, for Neo Geo, regardless of game use

Afraid I cant test at the mo, away on work but i will test when I get back.

I prefer to have them all lit for MVS but others may be different :)

Crap, SNK Neo Geo AES and MAME share a few ROM names but the game titles are actually different. pbobble is Bust-A-Move for AES but Puzzle Bobble for MAME. THat means the only solution is to manually re-create all the AES games on a dedicated LEDBlinky system.

Thats a bummer.
I never noticed TBH.

So I'm getting ready to tackle AES, but have a question...

How do you guys want the first button defined?

Should it light up PXB1 or PXB7 etc? What is that standard mapping for cabinets that use the Neo Geo extra button?

MAME mappings are fluid, but since this is a console and dependent on keymappings, I'll need to specify which button to light up...

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2016, 06:53:00 pm »

Should it light up PXB1 or PXB7 etc? What is that standard mapping for cabinets that use the Neo Geo extra button?

MAME mappings are fluid, but since this is a console and dependent on keymappings, I'll need to specify which button to light up...

Sorry I dont understand the Q.

If you mean what buttons did I use to do the Neo Geo config on my standard 6 button set up I basicly went Button 4,1,2,3 to give the "curve" of the layout if that makes sense.
I.E. 2 rows of 3 buttons in the following formation.

1 2 3
4 5 6

of course if you have a 8 button set up you would probably go 1,2,3,4 or maybe 5,2,3,4 so it really depends on your CP layout and how "normal" you want it to look"
« Last Edit: November 27, 2016, 06:57:36 pm by Titchgamer »

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: November 27, 2016, 06:59:49 pm »

Right, the problem is... We can only choose one. Worst case, a user needs to customize it to meet their needs, as they would without RocketBlinky. I think your suggested layout makes the most sense. I'll have an update soon for you to test, if you're willing...

If you mean what buttons did I use to do the Neo Geo config on my standard 6 button set up I basicly went Button 4,1,2,3 to give the "curve" of the layout if that makes sense.

1 2 3
4 5 6

of course if you have a 8 button set up you would probably go 1,2,3,4 or maybe 5,2,3,4 so it really depends on your CP layout and how "normal" you want it to look"

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: November 27, 2016, 07:07:35 pm »
Ah that was what you meant then :p

Yeah I think (personally) Thats the most logical way of doing it as most mame cabs run a 6 button build but you always have the 7 and 8 buttons ones to!
As you say you can only really work to 1 and its not hard to change it if you need to as its the same for all MVS/AES games so you can set up a blanket setting Like I did on mine.

Keep up the great work, Proper little time saver this tool, Shame ime not likely to be building anything with LED's again for a while though!
Ime in the process of preping a MVS tribute cab at the moment actually but its using standard Happ's :p

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: November 27, 2016, 07:13:41 pm »
Ah that was what you meant then :p

Yeah I think (personally) Thats the most logical way of doing it as most mame cabs run a 6 button build but you always have the 7 and 8 buttons ones to!
As you say you can only really work to 1 and its not hard to change it if you need to as its the same for all MVS/AES games so you can set up a blanket setting Like I did on mine.

Keep up the great work, Proper little time saver this tool, Shame ime not likely to be building anything with LED's again for a while though!
Ime in the process of preping a MVS tribute cab at the moment actually but its using standard Happ's :p

You don't have an LED cab to test?

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2016, 03:08:15 am »
Nooo I still have my cab!
Just not building any LED ones in the near future.

Lamaman1971

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2023, 05:39:42 pm
« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2017, 10:22:40 am »
Hi - any plans to include Taito Type X in the list of supported systems?

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2017, 10:33:13 am »
Hi - any plans to include Taito Type X in the list of supported systems?

Taito Type X is already supported. I forgot to include it in the system list. Updating original post

Quattro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2021, 02:00:40 pm
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2017, 07:52:27 pm »
Thanks for this great program newoski! I'm having an issue with it though: some systems have no profiles. I've attached an image of my Controls Editor. Some systems have their colors mapped, but others don't. Any idea why this is happening?

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2017, 07:58:40 pm »
Thanks for this great program newoski! I'm having an issue with it though: some systems have no profiles. I've attached an image of my Controls Editor. Some systems have their colors mapped, but others don't. Any idea why this is happening?
Glad you're enjoying it! What's your question? N64 has a default profile, in the photo you posted, no?

What systems are you having issue with? Have you tested them via LEDBlinky command line?

IE

LEDBlinky.exe "Game Name" " System Name"

Make sure you restarted LEDBlinky.exe after loading the customer XML

If you're like, you can PM me TeamViewer info and I can take a look

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2017, 08:00:19 pm »
Oh I see what you're saying... Systems like N64 have XBOX as the primary controller, since it doesn't fit arcade layouts. Thus, it simply speaks Primary Control XBOX Controller, not individual player controls or buttons

Make sense?

Quattro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2021, 02:00:40 pm
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2017, 09:22:53 pm »
Oh I see what you're saying... Systems like N64 have XBOX as the primary controller, since it doesn't fit arcade layouts. Thus, it simply speaks Primary Control XBOX Controller, not individual player controls or buttons

Make sense?

Got it, thank you. :)

control4reak

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 18, 2018, 01:37:58 am
« Reply #64 on: February 12, 2018, 11:53:14 am »
What an amazing program!   This will save me hours of work.  I am having trouble getting this to work with an arcade that doesn't use the default MAME layout.  When I load RocketBlinky it often has the wrong keys mapped and even after I change them on next load it will revert some keycodes back to the incorrect ones.  I am getting partial success with this program but was hoping to get a little help.  Anyone available to take a look?

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: February 12, 2018, 12:06:51 pm »
Glad you're enjoying it. I can log in and take a look. Shoot me a PM w TeamViewer login. It should respect custom MAME mappings

ChuckyP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2018, 10:11:21 pm
« Reply #66 on: May 21, 2018, 03:52:22 pm »
Hello, just stumbled upon this utility.  Starting my first LED control panel build and this looks amazing.  Tonight I will be giving this a shot to see how it goes.  I'm amazed I haven't heard about this anywhere, keep up the good work.

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: May 21, 2018, 04:10:12 pm »
Hello, just stumbled upon this utility.  Starting my first LED control panel build and this looks amazing.  Tonight I will be giving this a shot to see how it goes.  I'm amazed I haven't heard about this anywhere, keep up the good work.

Thanks, Chuck. Here if you have any questions.

ChuckyP

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2018, 10:11:21 pm
« Reply #68 on: May 21, 2018, 08:44:53 pm »
Great to know, thanks.  I have read the previous posts so hopefully nothing takes me by surprise.  I love the setup process for things like this, but you have removed an enormous amount of redundant clicking and research if this works as it should, I applaud the effort you and the community have put into this.

Chip9399

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 06, 2019, 08:15:47 am
« Reply #69 on: February 05, 2019, 09:50:42 pm »
I’m trying to setup led blinks, this my be a solution, have questions are you still here for answers??

cheesegravy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2021, 11:25:22 pm
« Reply #70 on: September 29, 2019, 05:58:15 pm »
Has anyone else received error 0xc000007b when trying to run this? That seems to be a Windows error relating to not having all of the appropriate libraries or .dll files installed, but I’ve tried installing everything I can think of and can’t get it to work.

playab0yyy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2019, 02:38:24 pm
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2019, 02:26:18 pm »
Building my first arcade and went with Ultimarc's Ultralux and Classic RGB buttons. Also using LEDBlinky. Practicing counting to 10 as I prepare to dive into animation setup. lol Then I ran across this thread. Boy do I hope this will work for me!! I notice it's mostly talking about Hyperspin and Rocketlauncher. I'm not using either of those. I'm using Launchbox/Big Box on a Windows pc with LEDBlinky, along with MAME for arcade games and Retroarch for NES, SNES, Sega Genesis, and Atari 2600. Can anyone confirm whether or not this will work for the hardware/software I'm using? TIA!

SteveB69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 01, 2019, 12:20:41 pm
« Reply #72 on: October 14, 2019, 11:52:10 am »
I'm really struggling with ledblinky, would this tool help?

I don't have an arcade system with thousands of games, just 10 or so Mame games but I cannot get ledblinky to work properly either going through Launchbox (which it works with but then fails when I load Mame) or going via Mame direct. But I get the impression this tool is for those who have 1000s of games, can anyone advise please?

eldiego

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2024, 11:01:54 am
  • I do my daytona twin, arcade 4 players and vpin!!!
« Reply #73 on: March 25, 2020, 08:08:29 pm »
i havn´t rocketlauncher because i use hyperspin 1.0
Works without rocketlauncher? i have connected ledblinky with hs and mame and work fine now, but i have other systems too
thanks

CitznFish

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2023, 12:36:44 pm
  • www.subvertcity.com - Prof. Strength Slackwear
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2020, 01:05:33 pm »
This sounds like an amazing and helpful tool. But I don't use hyperspin, I use Launch is/Big box. Will this work for that as well?

CitznFish

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2023, 12:36:44 pm
  • www.subvertcity.com - Prof. Strength Slackwear
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2020, 01:53:38 pm »
Just an FYI,

It appears this app no longer works in Win10 64bit with the C++ 10 redistribution pack installed for 32 or 64 systems.

rbarr110

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2023, 04:02:41 pm
  • I already built my own arcade controls!
« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2022, 04:53:57 pm »
Just an FYI,

It appears this app no longer works in Win10 64bit with the C++ 10 redistribution pack installed for 32 or 64 systems.

I am getting that same issue.  As I am seeing that it has been a while since there have been any related posts on this, I am assuning RocketBlinky is dead or just something I can use if running an older version of Windows?

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:31:32 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2022, 05:41:42 pm »
Might want to try downloading and installing the C++ 2010 redistributable library (32bit version).

Alternately, if you have access to a Win10 (or older) PC, you can copy the C:\Windows\SysWOW64\msvcr100.dll file over to the Win11 PC. Then just put that file into the RocketBlinky folder and you should be good.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2022, 03:02:27 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

vaderag

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2023, 05:11:02 am
  • Building my own cab :)
« Reply #78 on: November 08, 2022, 10:46:38 am »

1 2 3
4 5 6

Just wondering if you managed to solve the NeoGeo issue? I have an 8 button cab and setting up typically
1 2 3 7
4 5 6 8

But I have a neogeo.cfg which re-lays them out
1 2 3 4
1 2 3 4
(to allow slightly different positioning)

Is there any way to get LEDBlinky (with or without RocketBlinky) to recognise this layout, since it only seems to recognize the default even though MAME is using the neogeo.cfg

Thanks!

Rhoran

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 03, 2023, 01:28:07 pm
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2022, 02:07:01 am »
Hello!

I ran RocketBlinky 1.1.1 and it's awesome! One question though: My P1B4 is always on when playing games. It is set to LShift, but no MAME UI settings that I can see are set to LShift. Does anyone know what the problem could be?