I'm not sure if this is helpful or not, but it appears that romlister can use XML files from other projects, some of which may have the data you're looking for.
I found one for intellivision for example that looks like this:
<name>ProjectMESS export file</name>
<description>ProjectMESS export file</description>
<description>4-Tris (Download Version)</description>
<rom name="4-tris.50" size="16384" crc="b91488e2"
I was able to use it as the main input and then output a full games list to Mala.
I did not attempt (yet) to load the list into mala, but we could definitely make it work if this is useful.
If you find any kind of raw XML input, like some of the hyperspin XMLs for other systems that do not work, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
FWIW, I just added a Mala list to XML converter to romlister which has been really lightly tested.
I would love it if a few others might give it a shot to see if it work for them and report back. I don't want to derail your thread though. (sorry!)http://www.waste.org/~winkles/ROMLister/RomLister32.zip
1. Run the program. Go to settings/Tools
2. Have a full merged XML file as your input file.
3. Click the Mala2XML button at the bottom.
4. Browse to *.mlg list
5. Enter new XML filename
6. New XML file should now have only roms from mala gamelist
7. romlister will set this new XML file as your main input XML.
8. On the main romlister screen, press "List all roms"
9. Select all roms in that list popup and right-click->add to my list
10. Output this new list as attract mode or any other front end you wish!