Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAXIMUS (My registered version) Wont load any roms  (Read 3880 times)

sonnyangell

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2016, 11:58:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
MAXIMUS (My registered version) Wont load any roms
« on: March 10, 2016, 09:53:27 am »
Hello,

As a test I loaded MAXIMUS ARCADE on my desktop workstation, and it worked perfectly. Its easy to set up and align the correct directories to the rom and emulator lists
Running Win 7

However...I loaded it on my arcade machine system (running WinXp)  I re-set up the directories, but it seems my old list still comes up and no ROM files load.
Do all emulators and ROM files need to be in the same folder as MAXIMUS?

This is the last stop of the process so GRAAH!!

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
Re: MAXIMUS (My registered version) Wont load any roms
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2016, 11:09:21 pm »
Are your roms Zip or .7z ???

IIRC Maximus by default will only read Zips so you need to add .7z to the preferences - scan folder if using the .7z extension (as shown in screenshot attached ) :

sonnyangell

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2016, 11:58:10 am
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2016, 01:25:45 pm »
Good point, im pretty sure I have that set up correctly .. ill double check but.. NO ROMS work.. on NES SNES or MAME.  works fine on my desktop here =/

Do I have to reinstall maximus fresh on that computer (copy a new file and extract) and then make sure all roms and emulators are in the same folder?  I dont think so.. =L 

jaedigga

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 23, 2016, 05:41:38 am
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 05:46:04 pm »
i having the same problem with maximus arcade except mame works fine but when i load a nes or snes emulator the roms wont open up in maximus but will open in windows.. any help on how to get nes or snes to run in maximus arcade 2.10

ArminTamzarian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2019, 09:29:37 pm
  • "All my dreams involve combing my hair." -Armin
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 07:47:06 pm »
Not sure if this is related to the problems that either sonnyangell or jaedigga are having, but...

In response to JDFan's posting regarding default rom-file types in Maximus, not everyone necessarily has their NES rom files in a compressed format. As such, if you're trying to load, say, .NES files directly, you would have to add the .NES extension to the aforementioned scan/preferences setup section of Maximus. Essentially, whatever format/container your own actual roms are in, you must have that particular file extension explicitly specified in that console's settings section within MA.

If I'm not mistaken, any files whose extensions are not specified in MA's settings will not even show up on the list of roms when MA is running. Now, if games are showing up in the list but cannot launch within MA, that's another problem entirely. If roms will load directly with the emulator or through Windows' file browser, then perhaps MA has some bad command line parameters associated with the emulator in that console's settings.

I haven't used an SNES emulator lately, but Nestopia Undead Edition seems to work quite well for NES roms through Maximus, with very minimal setup needed.