Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME not working in Maximus Arcade, SNES picture is of a yellowed SNES  (Read 3460 times)

RetroGeek

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2016, 03:53:37 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I paid $25 to register Maximus Arcade.  I love this frontend and think it is the best looking one out there.  Only problem is that I can not get MAME to work.  Also, the picture of the SNES needs to be replaced with a non-yellowed console.  Looks like crap.  All of the other console pictures are beautiful, but the SNES is yellowed.

So, my only complaints about Maximus Arcade are:

1  MAME does not work

2  SNES picture is of a yellowed SNES

If these two things were fixed, I would be one happy camper.

RetroGeek

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2016, 03:53:37 am
I did manage to get MAME working, but, I should not have had to go thru the crap I went thru to get it working.  Also, is there any way to get mp4 videos to work with Maximus Arcade?  The game videos on the emumovies web site are in mp4 format.  I am beginning to think that Maximus Arcade sucks as a MAME emulation frontend.  HyperSpin works a lot better, and supports mp4 videos.  It's a shame, because I really do like the way Maximus Arcade looks.

The following MUST be done to make the Maximus Arcade frontend perfect:

Replace the picture of the Super Nintendo with a non-yellowed console.

Allow the use of mp4 videos.

Fix the MAME not working problem.

MaseMan

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 08:49:39 pm
What was your issue not getting MAME to work? I've never had issues with it and I also use Maximus Arcade.

Slippyblade

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 16, 2023, 11:39:51 am
  • And to the death god we say, "Not today!"
It's a front end and, as such, has very little to do with making MAME "work".

JDFan

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 21, 2023, 04:07:42 pm
Figure Maximus has not been updated in several years - so it is not surprising with all of the updates to MAME that an old front end that has not and is not being updated will not work with some parts of it !!

If you use an older version of MAME that was released when MA was actively supported there will not be any problems but as you mention some of the newer MAME features (ie. .mp4 format) are not supported and thus require some working around (ie. converting to a supported format).

AS for the "Replace the picture of the Super Nintendo with a non-yellowed console."
Pretty much any picture you want to use can be made to work so just go into the zip file and replace it and rezip  if you do not like it !
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:48:31 am by JDFan »