Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Launching Demul in Maximus Arcade  (Read 8377 times)

breathsavers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2017, 08:54:29 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Launching Demul in Maximus Arcade
« on: March 04, 2016, 11:34:34 am »
How do you guys launch Dreamcast games in Maximus Arcade using Demul? My plan is to use Rocketlauncher which works fine outside the frontend, but when I direct MA to use rocketlauncher.exe as the "emulator" for Dreamcast, it just brings up the RocketLauncher game test screen. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks.

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
Re: Launching Demul in Maximus Arcade
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2016, 07:06:38 pm »
This is driving me nuts, I've been messing with command lines all day. Anyone gotten Demul launching games in Maximus Arcade? I just get the program to open but I don't know how to automate loading the game.

leatherpuppetz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2017, 01:48:07 am
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:34:51 am »
I am stuck with this problem just like you.  Hopefully someone can shed light to this question.

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2016, 08:55:14 am »
I am stuck with this problem just like you.  Hopefully someone can shed light to this question.

Use this in the command line in Maximus Arcade under your Dreamcast config: -run=dc -image=%file

Normal window state, short path to media. Make sure you have the correct extensions under the scan tab.

leatherpuppetz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2016, 12:46:37 am »
Use this in the command line in Maximus Arcade under your Dreamcast config: -run=dc -image=%file

Normal window state, short path to media. Make sure you have the correct extensions under the scan tab.

Thank you very much for the reply.  But I am still unsure if I am doing this right.  I added the command line into my dreamcast config.  Before I did that I would click on a game and it would just popup the demul emulator and not launch the game.  Now with the command line I added it looks like its trying to launch but all I get is a black screen.  Sorry but I am a little new to the command line side of things.  Also I am running Demul v0.5.8.2 and I am running Marvel vs capcom 2 rom with launches fine under the launch Naomi game. Also added .zip to the extensions like you said. I posted a screen shot of my config, did I do the command line correctly?
I haver tried:
-run=dc-image=%file
and
-run=dc-image=C:\MAX 2.10\dreamemu-003\roms\
and
-run=dc-image=C:\MAX 2.10\dreamemu-003\roms\Marvel vs Capcom 2.zip

Thank you for the help breathsavers

« Last Edit: December 15, 2016, 01:07:14 am by leatherpuppetz »

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2016, 08:06:27 am »
If your MvC2 works in Naomi mode, that's probably the arcade version ROM. A lot of Dreamcast games are Naomi ports so make sure you have the right version when you run from the Dreamcast system in Maximus. Only dreamcast games will run with the command line I gave you. You don't have to put the file name in the command line, Maximus will substitute it in automatically in the background when you run a game.

leatherpuppetz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 06:50:21 pm »
Still a no go for me.  I tried a gdi file and it runs under the dreamcast emulation so I assume its a dreamcast game.  But when I try to launch it with the code you gave me all I get is a black screen no sound.
Also the code you gave me "-run=dc -image=%file" has a space between the "dc -" when I try that code it just launches the emu but not the game. So I tried without the space and thats when I get the black screen.
is no1 or no2 the correct command line?

no1 -run=dc-image=%file
or
no2 -run=dc-image=C:\MAX 2.10\dreamemu-003\roms\

Thank you for helping me out breathsavers
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 06:56:17 pm by leatherpuppetz »

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2016, 08:51:34 am »
Still a no go for me.  I tried a gdi file and it runs under the dreamcast emulation so I assume its a dreamcast game.  But when I try to launch it with the code you gave me all I get is a black screen no sound.
Also the code you gave me "-run=dc -image=%file" has a space between the "dc -" when I try that code it just launches the emu but not the game. So I tried without the space and thats when I get the black screen.
is no1 or no2 the correct command line?

no1 -run=dc-image=%file
or
no2 -run=dc-image=C:\MAX 2.10\dreamemu-003\roms\

Thank you for helping me out breathsavers

I'm afraid I haven't tinkered with this in a while but I do vaguely remember having the same black screen issue. That is the command line that works for me with the space, maybe try searching some sites for Demul command line commands and try to find a different way to phrase it. There's also this loader I found but I haven't ever used it: http://www.emutalk.net/threads/49657-New-Demul-Loader

thomas_surles

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 19, 2023, 07:20:00 pm
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2016, 09:54:30 am »
Use nullDc

bvander

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 11, 2017, 10:39:54 am
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2017, 11:18:03 am »
You've had success with NullDC?  I tried that and it didn't work.  Though I am not nearly as adept to all of this as you guys seem to be so I'm sure its something on my end

leatherpuppetz

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2017, 08:08:55 pm »
I gave up on Demul.  I previously gave up on nullDC 1.0.4 because of it crashing on startup and I couldn't find any answers.  Here is the funny thing. I left nullDC 1.0.4 installed, then I tried to see if I could get an older version to work. NullDC v1.0.3 still had problems. then I installed nulldc_100b1_6. And that one worked. then I tried to run nullDC 1.0.4 and magically it worked. the only thing I could figure out is something with the older version did something to Maximus arcade that made the newer version to work. Then I did the auto hotkey script to get the black screen fix for nullDC to work

Now I'm trying to get yabause "Sega Saturn emulator" to work in Maximus arcade. All I get is a black screen.