Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976903 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:34:56 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3200 on: February 14, 2023, 09:47:48 am »
Confidential Mission (confmiss.zip)
Player 2 recoil unresponsive
Nice catch, typo in code for P2 detected !

Death Crimson OX (deathcox.zip)
I just realized flycast can run 2 Death Crimson roms :
- deathcox (USA)
- deathcoxo (JAP)

Demul only had one, and I may have misnamed thing so right know the -target=deathcox in DemulShooterX64 is corresponding to the deathcoxo rom
And deathcox rom is not programmed in Demulshooter.

I'll add both individual target selectors (target-deathcox and -target=deathcoxo) in DemulShooter with corresponding outputs.

Ninja Assault (ninjaslt.zip)
ALL GOOD!
but using P1_CtmRecoil makes the recoil go off also in demo mode when not in play  :laugh:
Unfortunatelly yes, I know about it....it's happening in one specific attract demo level (when the demo is on first level), and won't happen if you let the attract run for a longer time

I've been searching for a long time how to dissociate attract from in-game with this one ...but it has always been troublesome. :cry:

Thanks for the feedbacks  :applaud:

Demulshooter v10.9.4:
- Corrected "Time Crisis 5" outputs for Standalone game. Infinite-ammo-weapons recoil still missing (DemulShooterX64)
- Corrected "Confidential Mission" P2_CtmRecoil outputs not working for FlyCast (DemulShooterX64)
- Corrected "Death Crimson OX" outputs with FlyCast, spliting support for 2 different roms : deathcox / deathcoxo (DemulShooterX64)
- Enhanced outputs code for better stability and synch with high-speed autofire (Px_CtmRecoil outputs)

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3201 on: February 14, 2023, 02:29:14 pm »
good dammit argonlefou!  :applaud:
Your the absolute man! Deat Crimson OX and Confidential Mission now works 100%
I yet have to playtest Ninja Assault tomorrow and see if the parts where the solenoid skips is still there.
Did you saw that? Editied the previos post with the youtube parts. its here again if you missed it.

02m32s in

and also here 04m42s in
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 02:32:01 pm by gstav »
"One coin to rule em' all"

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3202 on: February 14, 2023, 03:18:11 pm »
I yet have to playtest Ninja Assault tomorrow and see if the parts where the solenoid skips is still there.
Did you saw that? Editied the previos post with the youtube parts. its here again if you missed it.

I did not change anything for Ninja Assaut, my guess is that the value I though would be some "player is playing" is not what I want to be and filtering outputs with these value (so that recoil is not working by itself in attract mode) is blocking them also elsewhere in the gameplay.

The great thing with Flycast is...savestate ! Much easier to investigate some wpecific part of the game that would normally not be accessible before long minutes of gameplay

On the over hand, the genuine recoil output should work everytime in gameplay, never in attract.....but is triggeri the recoil on reload

Still some work to do on this one

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3203 on: February 17, 2023, 03:22:54 am »
DemulShooter v10.9.5
    -Added outputs support for Flycast v2.1 (DemulShooterX64)
    -Changed "Let's Go Island" (Ringwide) outputs : CtmRecoil outputs are now sync with fired bullets.
    -Changed "Let's Go Island 3D" (Ringwide) outputs : CtmRecoil outputs are now sync with fired bullets.
    -Changed "Let's Go Jungle" (Lindbergh) outputs : CtmRecoil outputs are now sync with fired bullets.
    -Changed "Let's Go Jungle : Special" (Lindbergh) outputs : CtmRecoil outputs are now sync with fired bullets.

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3204 on: February 18, 2023, 08:12:10 am »
DemulShooter v10.9.5
    -Added outputs support for Flycast v2.1 (DemulShooterX64)
    -Changed "Let's Go Island" (Ringwide) outputs : CtmRecoil outputs are now sync with fired bullets.
    -Changed "Let's Go Island 3D" (Ringwide) outputs : CtmRecoil outputs are now sync with fired bullets.
    -Changed "Let's Go Jungle" (Lindbergh) outputs : CtmRecoil outputs are now sync with fired bullets.
    -Changed "Let's Go Jungle : Special" (Lindbergh) outputs : CtmRecoil outputs are now sync with fired bullets.

Thanks Argon

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 02:22:16 pm
« Reply #3205 on: February 19, 2023, 03:36:22 pm »
@argonlefou: As you already have experience developing lightgun plugins for games based on the Unity Engine, how about Panzer Dragoon Remake? It is on sale at gog.com at the moment and I wanted to try it but the Sinden lightgun only works in the menu, not in the actual game. :-\

I would appreciate it very much, if you found some time to look into it. ;D
« Last Edit: February 19, 2023, 03:38:05 pm by ThielHater »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3206 on: February 20, 2023, 07:41:32 am »
@argonlefou: As you already have experience developing lightgun plugins for games based on the Unity Engine, how about Panzer Dragoon Remake? It is on sale at gog.com at the moment and I wanted to try it but the Sinden lightgun only works in the menu, not in the actual game. :-\

I would appreciate it very much, if you found some time to look into it. ;D
Hello,
Sorry but Panzer Dragon is not exactly a lightgun game, and I won't have time to spend on this kind of project

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #3207 on: February 20, 2023, 08:27:42 pm »
Argon thanks so much for all of your work. Will you ever consider adding input support for newer games that are supported by Teknoparrot? The raw input support is terrible for those of us with arcade cabinets because we can't map any encoders as they won't work with raw input. I still use Demulshooter for all of the older supported games and I set Teknoparrot to DirectInput, it is so much better that way.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3208 on: February 21, 2023, 01:59:30 pm »
Argon thanks so much for all of your work. Will you ever consider adding input support for newer games that are supported by Teknoparrot? The raw input support is terrible for those of us with arcade cabinets because we can't map any encoders as they won't work with raw input. I still use Demulshooter for all of the older supported games and I set Teknoparrot to DirectInput, it is so much better that way.
Well, this one is not an easy anwer...

If I had to list TeknoParrot-mandatory games with no DemulShooter input support right now, I'd say :
- Terminator Salvation
- Alliens Armageddon
- Wartran
- HOTD: EX
- Target Terror

Target Terror also exists in a lightgun-friendly linux ready to play VMWare image I made few years ago, but if you're talking about mounted analog arcade gun (is what you meant by talking about encoder ?)  this won't work with your devices

Although I do agree that it's not cool to not beeing able to play those games with your guns, I kind of think that it is also  not cool to "hack" a program that people are working on every day ( = to use tools like DemulShooter to hook it)
I have no contact whatsoever with TP team, I don't know at all what they are working on and I have nothing good nor bad to say about the app....but I still think - like it happened for RAW input support - that the best solution woudl be to ask THEM to add this support directly to their own program. Even if I'm aware that they are not doing or responding to what people are asking for (and believe me, some people are asking a lot for crazy things all the time for a small app like DemulShooter, I can't imagine what could it be for TP)

And I'm not saying that because I don't want to do this. Honestly, I'll surely do it myself if I was in need, but more because I don't want to do anything that I could consider as "unrespectfull" to them.
Take that the other way around : I'd rather have someone asking me to add some features, and maybe help me do it if needed, than create a tool to mod my program.

So....it's not yes...not no but still sitting between the 2

Yardley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3209 on: February 22, 2023, 10:08:09 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to reply. By the way, has anyone ever mentioned an issue where version 1.6 and above of the Sinden software "broke" Demulshooter compatibility with HotD4  (aiming is way off). I revisited this issue today to see if anything had changed with new versions of Teknoparrot and Demulshooter but the problem is still there. As soon as I switch to version 1.5 of the Sinden software it works perfectly.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3210 on: February 23, 2023, 12:54:08 pm »
Thank you for taking the time to reply. By the way, has anyone ever mentioned an issue where version 1.6 and above of the Sinden software "broke" Demulshooter compatibility with HotD4  (aiming is way off). I revisited this issue today to see if anything had changed with new versions of Teknoparrot and Demulshooter but the problem is still there. As soon as I switch to version 1.5 of the Sinden software it works perfectly.
I'm not working with Sinden team so I won't be able to help you.
But it's a weird situation : if a Sinden update was really messing with the gun data and aiming, it would be for every game...not just for one. Axis data comming from the lightgun are the same for everything....

DemulShooter v10.9.6
- Corrected "Ninja Assault" custom recoil output triggering in Attract Mode (Demul / Flycast)
- Corrected "Tomb Raider Arcade" trigger not working to skip cinematics (Need plugin reinstall)

midd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:25:25 am
« Reply #3211 on: February 24, 2023, 02:12:31 pm »
After seeing the latest videos, I'm trying to get HOTD3 setup to try it out with DS and Mamehooker  but it won't run.  Did the noCDcrack, run as an administrator. The game launches, screen turns white but then returns to the desktop. If anyone can help via PM, I'd appreciate it.
Hotd3 with or without the arcade mod ?

Can you run the game alone without anything else ?(Demulshooter, arcade mod, etc...)

I'll PM you

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3212 on: February 24, 2023, 04:56:40 pm »
Hello,
Sorry but Panzer Dragon is not exactly a lightgun game, and I won't have time to spend on this kind of project
Not a lightgun shooter per sé but a rail shooter that can be played with a lightgun. :D

I implemented lightgun support myself, not perfect but playable. The lightgun used to play needs at least three assignable buttons, left click to fire and Q as well as E to turn around, and the game has to be set to classic input mode. The attached file needs to be extracted into "Panzer Dragoon Remake_Data\Managed" folder, overwriting the original. I will just leave this here for whom it may concern.

(Removed attachment, update coming soon!)

Would you consider including it into DemulShooter, if I would turn it into a BepInEx plugin?

By the way, has anyone ever mentioned an issue where version 1.6 and above of the Sinden software "broke" Demulshooter compatibility with HotD4  (aiming is way off).
I am running 1.8 on my Sindens under Windows, no flaws with HOTD4.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 08:21:40 am by ThielHater »

Yardley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3213 on: February 25, 2023, 03:06:46 pm »
By the way, has anyone ever mentioned an issue where version 1.6 and above of the Sinden software "broke" Demulshooter compatibility with HotD4  (aiming is way off).
I am running 1.8 on my Sindens under Windows, no flaws with HOTD4.

Must be something on my end, I just downloaded a fresh copy of 1.8, I do the following:

start Sinden software (I have it set to minimize to the tray so I press alt+b to bring up the border)
run Demulshooter through command line DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4
Start Teknoparrot and launch the game

Aiming is way off to the right, but if I repeat the same steps with Sinden software 1.5 it works perfectly.

Do you mind sharing your Teknoparrot game settings for Hotd4? I am using custom resolution 1920x1080, fullscreen windowed and hod4Mn_HD.elf for my executable

Yardley

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3214 on: February 25, 2023, 11:01:51 pm »
Hello,
Not a lightgun shooter per sé but a rail shooter that can be played with a lightgun. :D

I implemented lightgun support myself, not perfect but playable. The lightgun used to play needs at least three assignable buttons, left click to fire and Q as well as E to turn around, and the game has to be set to classic input mode. The attached file needs to be extracted into "Panzer Dragoon Remake_Data\Managed" folder, overwriting the original. I will just leave this here for whom it may concern.

Would you consider including it into DemulShooter, if I would turn it into a BepInEx plugin?

Tried your your hack and placed your dll in the specified directory but the game crashes Forever Entertainment logo.

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3215 on: February 26, 2023, 04:55:05 am »
I am using custom resolution 1920x1080, fullscreen windowed and hod4Mn_HD.elf for my executable
For me, it's 1280x768 (only resolution where path selection works, had to add it manually in the graphics card driver), windowed mode and hod4M.elf.

Tried your your hack and placed your dll in the specified directory but the game crashes Forever Entertainment logo.
That is unexpected, please send me a PM with the error message.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2023, 05:03:33 am by ThielHater »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3216 on: February 28, 2023, 07:26:45 am »

(It seems like this is only compatible with latest version from GOG at the moment, update coming soon!)

The answer is sadly still the same : DemulShooter's purpose is not to mod any funny game. Just for the fun facts.... I already got messages in the past to add suport for racing games or shoot'em up  :o

On top of that, DemulShooter would not be needed for anything less than multiplayer and multiple guns handling
Looking at your proposition on github, your are simply using Input.mousePosition in your plugin, this has nothing to do with DemulShooter and can be make as a simple standalone plugin working with any gun or any mouse (like I did for some games)
I need DemulShooter working in pair with a plugin only to handle multiple lightguns and rawinput support

Although it's a very good thing you were able to add gun support and make other people benefits from your finding, I'll have to ask you to remove your previously joined patched file, as Assembly-CSharp.dll is a copyrighted material and you could have trouble here by not respecting the rules.
This is one of the main reason why Unity games support on DemulShooter comes with plugin to add to the game so that everything is 100% legal (no file modification)
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 07:37:33 am by argonlefou »

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3217 on: February 28, 2023, 08:40:11 am »
I absolutely understand that the plugin has no actual dependencies on DemulShooter's code but that was not the point. To me, DemulShooter is a project to add lightgun support to games, whether one or two are used. I thought that in this way as many players as possible would benefit but I outright respect that you have set yourself a different goal with the project. Thanks again for your work, I will release the plugin on GitHub as a standalone soon. Besides that I have removed the patched file as you suggested.

As for HOTDO, I recorded some funny lines of Detective Isaac Washington. When I insert a coin on my machine, there are now sounds like "I can't believe we are getting our asses kicked!" or "How many of them are there?". Of course, that stuff is also copyrighted and can not be shared on here. Maybe I will somewhen take my time and write some code to access the sounds in the game files themselves.

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:49:18 pm
« Reply #3218 on: February 28, 2023, 12:01:26 pm »
hi Argon!!

Look this!!! ALL PLAYABLE!!! THE REAL ARCADE VERSION!

Can you add it on demulshooter?
« Last Edit: February 28, 2023, 12:07:57 pm by cangarujack »

SuperJ80

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2023, 01:50:53 pm
« Reply #3219 on: February 28, 2023, 12:08:12 pm »
I absolutely understand that the plugin has no actual dependencies on DemulShooter's code but that was not the point. To me, DemulShooter is a project to add lightgun support to games, whether one or two are used. I thought that in this way as many players as possible would benefit but I outright respect that you have set yourself a different goal with the project. Thanks again for your work, I will release the plugin on GitHub as a standalone soon. Besides that I have removed the patched file as you suggested.

As for HOTDO, I recorded some funny lines of Detective Isaac Washington. When I insert a coin on my machine, there are now sounds like "I can't believe we are getting our asses kicked!" or "How many of them are there?". Of course, that stuff is also copyrighted and can not be shared on here. Maybe I will somewhen take my time and write some code to access the sounds in the game files themselves.

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3220 on: February 28, 2023, 04:11:17 pm »
I will release the plugin on GitHub as a standalone soon. Besides that I have removed the patched file as you suggested.
I don't want to derail the thread, just keep me word. Here it is. :)

I spent hour after hour trying to get this dumb game to work. The arcade version on Cxbx and Xemu, as well as Ghost Squad Evolution on Dolphin and TeknoParrot. Nothing worked except Xemu but that was too slow. So a new version with better performance has been released? Nice.

@SuperJ80: You quoted me but didn't add anything?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3221 on: February 28, 2023, 05:31:55 pm »
I absolutely understand that the plugin has no actual dependencies on DemulShooter's code but that was not the point. To me, DemulShooter is a project to add lightgun support to games, whether one or two are used. I thought that in this way as many players as possible would benefit but I outright respect that you have set yourself a different goal with the project.
Not exactly, although it's quite close to that : the main goal has always been to add mutliplayer support on lightgun arcade games. And keep things as simple as possible.

If a solo player game is already working with mouse, or can be easily made working with mouse/lightgun, then DemulShooter is not the way to go.
For a Unity game, making a simple plugin and and running the game exe is way simpler  than :
- Copying the plugin files
- Running DemulShooter_GUI to choose gun
- Running DemulShooter
- Running the game
-> Handling any problems caused by the procedure (admin access, bad commands, bad files, bad scripts, bad DemulShooter hooking, wrong or modified binaries...etc)

Things are different when a game needs memory injection and/or multiplayer support, as this is not possible to do so easily and using demulshooter engine is helpfull.
But again, the main target are Arcade game. Although there wre some "experimentatal" exception (Dolphin, couple of PC games), those one always brought me more troubles than anything else....

Of course, that stuff is also copyrighted and can not be shared on here. Maybe I will somewhen take my time and write some code to access the sounds in the game files themselves.
That's part of the fun  :laugh:

hi Argon!!

Can you add it on demulshooter?
I never used Xemu. I don't know...

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:49:18 pm
Ghost squad doesn't working on TP.
On Xemu works well, arcade version better graphics and 60fps...think about it

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
It's not that I'm not thinking about it, but I'm just honestly responding to the question I was asked : "can you add it ?"

As I've never touched this software, never configured it, never played the game, I can't answer anything else that "I don't know"  :dunno (technically speaking)

I don't even know if my computer can run it  😂

megashub

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 10, 2023, 11:05:54 pm
Running into lightgun accuracy problems playing HOTD Remake via Steam (Windows 10), with argonlefou's arcade patch installed, using Demulshooter v10.9.0, configured for two players. Not sure if this is a Demulshooter problem or not, but I don't have accuracy problems playing any other windows games or emulator games, using Demulshooter or not. Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, any recommendations for how to correct it?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Well, this one is not an easy anwer...

If I had to list TeknoParrot-mandatory games with no DemulShooter input support right now, I'd say :
- Terminator Salvation
- Alliens Armageddon
- Wartran
- HOTD: EX
- Target Terror

Target Terror also exists in a lightgun-friendly linux ready to play VMWare image I made few years ago, but if you're talking about mounted analog arcade gun (is what you meant by talking about encoder ?)  this won't work with your devices

Although I do agree that it's not cool to not beeing able to play those games with your guns, I kind of think that it is also  not cool to "hack" a program that people are working on every day ( = to use tools like DemulShooter to hook it)
I have no contact whatsoever with TP team, I don't know at all what they are working on and I have nothing good nor bad to say about the app....but I still think - like it happened for RAW input support - that the best solution woudl be to ask THEM to add this support directly to their own program. Even if I'm aware that they are not doing or responding to what people are asking for (and believe me, some people are asking a lot for crazy things all the time for a small app like DemulShooter, I can't imagine what could it be for TP)

And I'm not saying that because I don't want to do this. Honestly, I'll surely do it myself if I was in need, but more because I don't want to do anything that I could consider as "unrespectfull" to them.
Take that the other way around : I'd rather have someone asking me to add some features, and maybe help me do it if needed, than create a tool to mod my program.

So....it's not yes...not no but still sitting between the 2
Sorry for insisting on this. I know it is not demulshooter's target, but...
I'm testing a driver for guncon2 with flasher that works amazing, I'm contributing in some things (the flasher that only brightens dark colors so it is less anoying)
The downside is it works with vjoy and shows lightguns as joysticks.
Would be difficult to do a global demulshooter option to translate joysticks into rawinput mice?
With global I mean not hooked to a particular game
Anyway thanks for your program, Argon
« Last Edit: March 10, 2023, 06:36:04 pm by phasermaniac »

Snoopy456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 03:40:56 am
Someone know wich one version of the dump "Rabbids Hollywood" we need to use with demulshooter ?
I m trying with "RabbidsShooterClient' with the patch "RabbidsHollywood_Launcher", it work but I can't use my Gun.
So I go in demulshooter to install the patch, set the folder, press the button.

And now if I try to run "game.exe" it restart the computer.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Someone know wich one version of the dump "Rabbids Hollywood" we need to use with demulshooter ?
I m trying with "RabbidsShooterClient' with the patch "RabbidsHollywood_Launcher", it work but I can't use my Gun.
So I go in demulshooter to install the patch, set the folder, press the button.

And now if I try to run "game.exe" it restart the computer.

Computer restarting after 30sec. is the WatchDog of the game (no dongle present), so you may have an unpatched dump.
Nobody will be able to give you the name of a working package, simply because names can be changed by everyone .
Look at the MD5 checksum of the Assembly-CSharp.dll that you'll find on the \Game_Data\Managed\ subdirectory of the game , and here are a few different versions that I know of :
Clean Dump = 2dac74521cd3bb08b61f93830bf2660d
Patch by Argon (dongle) = 1e74554181161f8a83084e02beeec5fc
Patch by Ducon v2 (dongle+operator) = 72b58266f2d1311b2ba2e7c96ca774fa
Patch by Ducon v3 (dongle+operator+attract mode) = 7edf14803ae7d43d14e7459b2baa651e

The last one beeing the best one to use

Sorry for insisting on this. I know it is not demulshooter's target, but...
I'm testing a driver for guncon2 with flasher that works amazing, I'm contributing in some things (the flasher that only brightens dark colors so it is less anoying)
The downside is it works with vjoy and shows lightguns as joysticks.
Would be difficult to do a global demulshooter option to translate joysticks into rawinput mice?
With global I mean not hooked to a particular game
Anyway thanks for your program, Argon
Unfortunatelly, it's not about difficulty .... but more about possibility.
I wanted to make a RawInput simulator tool to help me develop when I started DemulShooter, years ago. Spent a lot of time looking for documentation and it looks like this kind of thing can only be sent correctly by a Hardware device driver.

The RawInput message itself can be send, but the data it contains must be created on a way that is not possible - at least no one I know of was able to do it - to do with user code.
Everything is done so that we can retrieve it, but not create it.

And about TP not adding gamepad support....I really don't know why they do not want to.
Flycast added it to it's dev build a couple of weeks ago...it's a game chnager for a lot of people
« Last Edit: March 13, 2023, 06:33:39 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I think I found a way with autohotinterception https://github.com/evilC/AutoHotInterception and a driver which creates ghost rawinput devices. Now I don't remenber the name. Tomorrow I can share the info if you are interested.
It is seen correctly in demulshooter gui and works perfect in retroarch.
In Winuae I can't get it to work at the moment.
I have to test it in Teknoparrot

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:23:17 pm
yes if you could expain us how it works , it could be interesting for RCPS3 for example
Does it works with two gamepad?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Sure. For one gamepad (one gun) you don't need to create the ghost devices nor use interception, you can do it with regular ahk.
-Download hiddriver https://github.com/hedgar2017/loki-hidriver
-Install it with devcon to create a hid device ( I had to set devcon to launch as administrator)
Code: [Select]
devcon.exe install hidriver.inf "root\hidriver" (this creates a hid mouse and a hid keyboard each time. So do it twice. We will not use the keyboard devices. We will use mice)
-Download Autohotinterception https://github.com/evilC/AutoHotInterception follow the instructions. you have to download interception.dll and place in the lib\x64 or lib\x86 folder
-Create an ahk script like the following in the Autohotinterception main folder (where the examples and the monitor.ahk scripts are).

#include <AutoHotInterception>

AHIWrapper := new AutoHotInterception()
global AHI := AHIWrapper.GetInstance()

MouseId1:=13
MouseId2:=14

1JoyX:=0
1JoyY:=0
2JoyX:=0
2JoyY:=0

;P1---------------
1Joy1::
GetKeyState, 1JoyX, 1JoyX
GetKeyState, 1JoyY, 1JoyY
1JoyX:= 1JoyX*65535/100
1JoyY:= 1JoyY*65535/100
AHI.SendMouseButtonEventAbsolute(MouseId1, 0, 1, 1JoyX, 1JoyY)
KeyWait 1Joy1
AHI.SendMouseButtonEvent(MouseId1, 0, 0)
Return

1Joy2::
AHI.SendMouseButtonEventAbsolute(MouseId1, 1, 1, 1JoyX, 1JoyY)
KeyWait 1Joy2
AHI.SendMouseButtonEvent(MouseId1, 1, 0)
Return

1Joy3::
AHI.SendMouseButtonEventAbsolute(MouseId1, 2, 1, 1JoyX, 1JoyY)
KeyWait 1Joy2
AHI.SendMouseButtonEvent(MouseId1, 2, 0)
Return

;P2---------------
2Joy1::
GetKeyState, 2JoyX, 2JoyX
GetKeyState, 2JoyY, 2JoyY
2JoyX:= 2JoyX*65535/100
2JoyY:= 2JoyY*65535/100
AHI.SendMouseButtonEventAbsolute(MouseId2, 0, 1, 2JoyX, 2JoyY)
KeyWait 2Joy1
AHI.SendMouseButtonEvent(MouseId1, 0, 0)
Return

2Joy2::
AHI.SendMouseButtonEventAbsolute(MouseId2, 1, 1, 2JoyX, 2JoyY)
KeyWait 2Joy2
AHI.SendMouseButtonEvent(MouseId1, 1, 0)
Return

2Joy3::
AHI.SendMouseButtonEventAbsolute(MouseId2, 2, 1, 2JoyX, 2JoyY)
KeyWait 2Joy2
AHI.SendMouseButtonEvent(MouseId1, 2, 0)
Return

;EXIT---------------
F12::
ExitApp
-You will want to change MouseId1 and MouseId2 to your hid mice ids. You can see them in monitor.ahk.
-Also, you will need to change 1Joy... and 2Joy... to your needs.
*Bear in mind I use crt guns, so coordinates only refreshes on trigger press. This will not work with ---smurfy--- machinegun games with "autofire". Maybe it can be adapted to track coordinates all the time, I don't know.
*I'm not a programmer so any advise or improvement is wellcome
« Last Edit: March 15, 2023, 01:23:09 pm by phasermaniac »

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:23:17 pm
Ok this is working but you said
"Maybe it can be adapted to track coordinates all the time, I don't know."
and  this is exactly what i need see the cusor mouving when i use gamepad axe without push a button
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 09:40:07 am by bandicoot »

Snoopy456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 03:40:56 am

Computer restarting after 30sec. is the WatchDog of the game (no dongle present), so you may have an unpatched dump.
Nobody will be able to give you the name of a working package, simply because names can be changed by everyone .
Look at the MD5 checksum of the Assembly-CSharp.dll that you'll find on the \Game_Data\Managed\ subdirectory of the game , and here are a few different versions that I know of :
Clean Dump = 2dac74521cd3bb08b61f93830bf2660d
Patch by Argon (dongle) = 1e74554181161f8a83084e02beeec5fc
Patch by Ducon v2 (dongle+operator) = 72b58266f2d1311b2ba2e7c96ca774fa
Patch by Ducon v3 (dongle+operator+attract mode) = 7edf14803ae7d43d14e7459b2baa651e

The last one beeing the best one to use

Effectively, it work better, but it work only for aimtrack ?
I can set button and pointer is moving in the demulshooter GUI, but after nothing is working in the game for wiimote. (I m using the command line)

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon
I'm using this new guncon2 driver https://github.com/psakhis/guncon2, which maps the lightguns to vjoy.
For most of games and emulators works nice but I'm having a problem with hotd3pc that crashes when vjoy active.
So I was trying to hide vjoys with hidhide https://github.com/ViGEm/HidHide that let you hide devices to windows, and create exeptions for the exes you want. Every program I tested to add as an exeption works properly, seeing the devices while they are blind to windows, but demulshooter won't. Any advise?

Ok this is working but you said
"Maybe it can be adapted to track coordinates all the time, I don't know."
and  this is exactly what i need see the cusor mouving when i use gamepad axe without push a button
take a look at Ahi documentation https://github.com/evilC/AutoHotInterception
AHI.SubscribeMouseMoveAbsolute(mouseId, false, Func("MouseEvent"))
MouseEvent(x, y){
[...]
}
Should work? I suppose retrieving the movevent every time would be very resource consuming
« Last Edit: March 18, 2023, 10:55:10 am by phasermaniac »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
For most of games and emulators works nice but I'm having a problem with hotd3pc that crashes when vjoy active.
Anyway I think I have found my problem with hodpc: it crashes if detects more than 2 joysticks. And also, if you create vjoy joysticks, you must enable force feedback effects.
So I'll fix changing my config.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Effectively, it work better, but it work only for aimtrack ?
I can set button and pointer is moving in the demulshooter GUI, but after nothing is working in the game for wiimote. (I m using the command line)
It's not only for Aimtrak, if a device is working in the GUI, it will work in game.

Now, for Unity games like Rabbids, you have to make sure that you install DemulSHooter's pluggin properly for the game.
Then usual stuff : check admin rights, demulshooter's tray icon color to know if the game is hooked or not,  etc...

Anyway I think I have found my problem with hodpc: it crashes if detects more than 2 joysticks. And also, if you create vjoy joysticks, you must enable force feedback effects.
So I'll fix changing my config.
Good ! Because I have absolutely no idea what could be happening with HidHide  :applaud:

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:51:33 pm
Hi Argon,

If I play Tomb Raider on my crt cabinet (640x480p), the game stops here  :(

After, I tried on my pc with fullHD monitor and and the game continues, the camera turns left and right and I can go on... can you try the 640x480 resolution?

Thanks!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Hi! I know this is not Demulshooter related, but I find people here more helpful than in other forums.
I can't get Tom Raider and Rabbids in my Cab, while they work in another Pc:
They crash on startup and I get a dxgi.dll error. If I get dxgi.dll from SysWOW64 folder and put it in the game folder, gives an msctf.dll error instead. If I get msctf.dll from SysWOW64 folder and put it in the game folder, it gives an dxgi.dll error again.
In my cab I have an old Radeon HD6950 (dx11, ogl 4.4) may be the problem?
Wild west Shootout works, and its Unity too. Maybe requisites are different
Any idea? Thanks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon,

If I play Tomb Raider on my crt cabinet (640x480p), the game stops here  :(

After, I tried on my pc with fullHD monitor and and the game continues, the camera turns left and right and I can go on... can you try the 640x480 resolution?

Thanks!
Hi,

Sorry but I just added input handling on the game, I have nothing to do with the game itself and why/how it is crashing because of screens/resolution

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
DemulShooter v10.9.7 update :
- Added outputs support for "House of the Dead 4 : Special" (Lindbergh).
- New colorfull icon (solve visibility issue on black themes)

Use DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4sp

Github code, release package, and wiki will be updated later as it's now under maintenance and updates are not working