Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976837 times)

Ginsonic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3160 on: January 17, 2023, 04:25:32 am »
Thanks for all Argon, you are the saint of LightGun gamers  :applaud: :notworthy:

punkdark2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3161 on: January 17, 2023, 03:04:10 pm »
DemulShooter v10.9.0 :
- Added missing custom outputs for "Gundam : SoZ" (TTX)
- Updated Cxbx-Reloaded support for latest emulator builds (see wiki for more details)
- Added outputs support for Flycast v2.0 [stable release from github] with DemulShooterX64.exe (see wiki for more details)
- Added inputs/outputs support for "House of the Dead : Remake" (only with my Arcade Mod for this game) with DemulShooterX64.exe (see wiki for more details)

Thanks Argon

theolditguy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2023, 02:39:20 am
« Reply #3162 on: January 19, 2023, 02:39:20 am »
DemulShooter v10.9.0 :
- Added missing custom outputs for "Gundam : SoZ" (TTX)
- Updated Cxbx-Reloaded support for latest emulator builds (see wiki for more details)
- Added outputs support for Flycast v2.0 [stable release from github] with DemulShooterX64.exe (see wiki for more details)
- Added inputs/outputs support for "House of the Dead : Remake" (only with my Arcade Mod for this game) with DemulShooterX64.exe (see wiki for more details)

Dude! Thanks so much for this!  I made some basic art to go with this if anyone wants to load this in their front end separate.  I figured this mod was so awesome it deserved its own listing on my rig:

cor094

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2023, 08:02:21 pm
« Reply #3163 on: January 20, 2023, 11:02:16 am »
Awesome work on the HOTD Remake Mod! The only suggestion I can think of to make it more arcade-like (although may not even be possible), would be if the gun flashes could be red and blue tinted. Not only would it match the original, but also helps to see which player's shots are which when playing multiplayer with crosshairs disabled.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 05:38:41 pm by cor094 »

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 12:54:01 am
« Reply #3164 on: January 21, 2023, 01:25:43 am »
hello, I wonder if we can use both right and left analogs for player 1 and player 2 with an Xbox joystick, so can we control player 1 and player 2 with one joystick, since we can assign the buttons we want, we can do this for buttons.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:34:56 am
« Reply #3165 on: January 21, 2023, 03:05:54 am »
Awesome work on the HOTD Remake Mod! The only suggestion I can think of to make it more arcade-like (although may not even be possible), would be if the gun flashes could be red and blue tinted. Not only would it match the original, but also helps to see which player's shots are which when playing multiplayer with crosshairs disabled.
It's a good idea.
I don't know if it's possible to change that but I'll look at it
hello, I wonder if we can use both right and left analogs for player 1 and player 2 with an Xbox joystick, so can we control player 1 and player 2 with one joystick, since we can assign the buttons we want, we can do this for buttons.
Unfortunatelly no, player control is based on  device, not on axis used.
The device must be different for each player
You may try to set the same device for both player and just change used axis....but I can't guarantee any good results

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3166 on: January 24, 2023, 06:35:42 pm »
DemulShooter v10.9.1
- Fixed Sega Golden Gun custom recoil outputs
- Added support for "Tomb Raider Arcade" (DemulShooterX64)

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:49:18 pm
« Reply #3167 on: January 25, 2023, 02:43:41 pm »
 :applaud:Many THANKS!!! Great work again!!! 8)
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 02:50:22 pm by cangarujack »

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #3168 on: January 26, 2023, 05:11:47 am »
Hi Argonlefu. And thanks for this great Plugin for the House of the Dead: Remake

I tried it and output works great, solenoid stops in cutscenes for example, but when the ammo is out on normal play the solenoid still hits which is a bit strange.

Dis a short clip here
"One coin to rule em' all"

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3169 on: January 26, 2023, 08:48:31 am »
Hi Argonlefu. And thanks for this great Plugin for the House of the Dead: Remake

I tried it and output works great, solenoid stops in cutscenes for example, but when the ammo is out on normal play the solenoid still hits which is a bit strange.

Thanks gstav  ;)

Fixed and updated on github

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3170 on: January 26, 2023, 11:39:00 am »
Holy smokes! That was fast! Thanks you in advance as I can't test until tomorrow.  :cheers:

xer0510

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2023, 06:19:34 am
« Reply #3171 on: January 26, 2023, 01:03:42 pm »
Hi, how do i get time crisis 5 stand alone to work with Demulshooter? The crosshair moves itself very erratically all over the screen when i try to use my gun4ir.

EDIT:

sorry i may have jumped the gun, i rebooted my pc and it fixed the tracking sort of, the trigger and crosshair is a bit delayed compared to TP but once the game starts i lose control of the aiming and only shoots high and to the left
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 06:19:34 am by xer0510 »

vd2021

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2024, 08:31:53 pm
« Reply #3172 on: January 29, 2023, 04:05:16 pm »
Hoping for some help please as I’ve only just started playing around with light gun games for Wii using dolphin. How do I save game config profiles for individual games and get that profile loading with the game please.
Do people use 2 different instances of dolphin?? have one for light gun games and one for platform etc??

Any help, tips appreciated and feel free to pm me as well

Thank you
You can create different config files for each game, and copy/paste the exact one you want in the wanted config folder with BAT/AHK scripts.

Hello! For everyone currently with a dual gun Dolphin setup, do you know which versions of Dolphin/Demulshooter are you currently using? I am not able to get the second gun to detect on recent builds. Some others had noted as well this may be an issue with recent releases.

I am trying to set up 2 players for Wii using Dolphin and I can't get it to work. I followed the guide and player 2 is Aimtrak #2. the ID is also 2, but when I launch demulshooter and a game, player 2 also controls player 1. I have tried to resetting everything multiple times, I have tried multiple game, I also tried launching with RL and without, but nothing changes. I also created a log for Demulshooter and I don't see any errors. Any ideas?

I can confirm that the latest DemulShooter is still working great with Dolphin 5.0 stable release(CRC32=56B8011D , MD5=9660EC7CDDF093A1807CB25FE0946B8E) and dual AImtraks (Martian panic, Hod2&3, etc...)
You'll find my WiiMote configuration files joined at the end of the message. I'm using -ddinumber=3 for DemulShooter but it's hardware dependant so you'll have to check for yourself.

Please Help.

I've been trying for over a week to get my second aimtrak work with Dolphin 5.0 with a focus on HOTD2&3. I've read and followed everything I could find and still it does not work. Both aimtraks work as the same gun. The Blue crosshair just sits center screen and does not move while both guns fire of both sets of ammo and either will move the red/orange crosshair. I can press the S key and fire off the 2player ammo.

I'm not sure what I need to post to allow this knowledgeable group to diagnose my issue. As a side note the both guns work perfectly with mame and teknoparrot games. I' want to get the wii games working before I move to the next systems (PS and Sega).

Thanks in advance.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3173 on: January 29, 2023, 07:18:01 pm »
Even if I do regret making things for  Dolphin (way to complicated to debug, and I don't use it at all myself in the end)
Here are few steps that can help for diagnostic
1 - follow this : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging
Do not use scripts, check admin rights and get a debug file, this may rule out any obvious thing

2- is Demulshooter hooking ? Does the icon stays red or become green ?

Next is the part related to dolphin config....we'll come to that later if needed

midd

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:47:47 am
« Reply #3174 on: January 30, 2023, 10:33:11 am »
After seeing the latest videos, I'm trying to get HOTD3 setup to try it out with DS and Mamehooker  but it won't run.  Did the noCDcrack, run as an administrator. The game launches, screen turns white but then returns to the desktop. If anyone can help via PM, I'd appreciate it.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3175 on: January 30, 2023, 07:23:58 pm »
After seeing the latest videos, I'm trying to get HOTD3 setup to try it out with DS and Mamehooker  but it won't run.  Did the noCDcrack, run as an administrator. The game launches, screen turns white but then returns to the desktop. If anyone can help via PM, I'd appreciate it.
Hotd3 with or without the arcade mod ?

Can you run the game alone without anything else ?(Demulshooter, arcade mod, etc...)

vd2021

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3176 on: January 30, 2023, 07:31:52 pm »
Even if I do regret making things for  Dolphin (way to complicated to debug, and I don't use it at all myself in the end)
Do not use scripts, check admin rights and get a debug file, this may rule out any obvious thing

Next is the part related to dolphin config....we'll come to that later if needed

Please forgive my ignorance but, how do I "Add a -v option in DemulShooter command line (for example : DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=hmuseum -v)"?

I'm sure this is trivial for the majority here. I am trying to create a DemulShooter log file share here.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2023, 07:34:04 pm by vd2021 »

vd2021

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3177 on: January 31, 2023, 11:40:05 pm »

I attached the Debug from Demulshooter. I have the green "H" and Crosshairs in the systray. I hope I did this correctly. Thanks.

cack01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2023, 11:49:55 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3178 on: January 31, 2023, 11:49:55 pm »
Confirmed that 10.9.2 fixes the Crosshair issue in Rabbids. Works perfectly now. Thanks for making the update.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3179 on: February 02, 2023, 09:28:00 am »

I attached the Debug from Demulshooter. I have the green "H" and Crosshairs in the systray. I hope I did this correctly. Thanks.
Thanks. Which version of Dolphin are you using ?
By the way, the green H icon is the one from Autohotkey. DemulShooter's icon is also suqared but with a black crosshair inside

DemulShooter v10.9.3
- Disabled Cheats Window poping up in "Tomb Raider" when left+right mouse buttons are pressed (DemulShooterX64)

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3180 on: February 02, 2023, 10:20:49 am »
Hey boss. For Ninja Assault (Sega Naomi) I get a recoil also when reloading the gun, is this something that can be fixed Sir?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3181 on: February 02, 2023, 11:18:04 am »
Hey boss. For Ninja Assault (Sega Naomi) I get a recoil also when reloading the gun, is this something that can be fixed Sir?
Demul or FlyCast ?

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3182 on: February 02, 2023, 02:13:56 pm »
Running it on demul atm but think flycast did the same (but can't swear on it... Ray?)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3183 on: February 02, 2023, 08:07:42 pm »
I don't have the Demul environnement ready to test atm, but I do not have any recoil on reload with Flycast 2.0

To be honest I have not configured Flycast to be able to move the aim with the gun, etc... I am just sending commands with the keyboard and Demulshooter is sending outputs to the gun
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 08:09:26 pm by argonlefou »

vd2021

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3184 on: February 02, 2023, 11:38:28 pm »

Thanks. Which version of Dolphin are you using ?
By the way, the green H icon is the one from Autohotkey. DemulShooter's icon is also suqared but with a black crosshair inside

DemulShooter v10.9.3
- Disabled Cheats Window poping up in "Tomb Raider" when left+right mouse buttons are pressed (DemulShooterX64)

Sorry. I'm using Dolphin 5.0 and the crosshair icon, in the systry goes from red to green and stays green. Thank you.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3185 on: February 03, 2023, 08:34:34 am »
Running it on demul atm but think flycast did the same (but can't swear on it... Ray?)
Just played it with Demul and Gun4IR, recoil is working fine on shoot, and no recoil on reload

Used the rom Ninjasltu, Demulshooter 10.9.2 and usual Demul0.7a (28th of April, 2018)

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 12:54:01 am
« Reply #3186 on: February 04, 2023, 03:09:51 am »
hello, custom recoil outputs for time crisis 5 are not working, it shows ammo outputs and it works, why is the game I tried both raw and jconfig

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3187 on: February 04, 2023, 04:42:30 am »
hello, custom recoil outputs for time crisis 5 are not working, it shows ammo outputs and it works, why is the game I tried both raw and jconfig

Yes this is a kniwn thing, for TC5 the best is to use an older version : Demulshooter v10.4.4

It will not be perfect (recoil won't work on gaitling gun in helicopter) but this will be better than today.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3188 on: February 04, 2023, 08:59:18 am »
Just to give a few more tips on the subject :

1) Make sure you're using CtmRecoil output, as genuine Recoil output will trigger during reload
2) Before DemulShooter 10.7.9, the CtmRecoil output was triggered based on the genuine Recoil output (so, during reload as well). This has been changed in 10.7.9

vd2021

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3189 on: February 06, 2023, 12:00:21 am »
Looking for some help. Rabbids Hollywood crashes before or shortly after loading into gameplay. I've attached the error log that were generated after a crash.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2023, 12:03:22 am by vd2021 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3190 on: February 08, 2023, 04:29:25 pm »
Sorry. I'm using Dolphin 5.0 and the crosshair icon, in the systry goes from red to green and stays green. Thank you.

Ok ! So this means that demulshooter is hooking.

Now for the Dolphin specific configuration....I'm affraid I won't be able to do more than I wrote in the wiki : my Aimtraks went to the "retired" state so I have nothing ready to make tests  :-[

Looking for some help. Rabbids Hollywood crashes before or shortly after loading into gameplay. I've attached the error log that were generated after a crash.
Those Logs unfortunatelly are useless for any other people than the original devs of the game
Is it crashing also without the DemulShooter plugin installed ?

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
« Reply #3191 on: February 10, 2023, 05:17:08 pm »
Thanks Argon so awesome to play Hose of the dead remake in arcade multiplayer, You Rock!
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 10:05:34 am by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

DMB77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3192 on: February 11, 2023, 10:05:04 am »
For the House of the dead 3 arcade mod, for some reason only player 1 gun is working.  If i shoot with player 2 gun, it still fires player 1 gun.  I played HOTD3 the old way with demulshooter and both guns work fine.  Any suggestions?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3193 on: February 11, 2023, 10:07:36 am »
For the House of the dead 3 arcade mod, for some reason only player 1 gun is working.  If i shoot with player 2 gun, it still fires player 1 gun.  I played HOTD3 the old way with demulshooter and both guns work fine.  Any suggestions?
Make sure you set both player inputs to "keyboard" ans not to "mouse" in the mod config tool

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3194 on: February 11, 2023, 03:58:58 pm »
1) Make sure you're using CtmRecoil output, as genuine Recoil output will trigger during reload

P1_CtmRecoil=cmw 1 F0x%s%x1x dont give me any solenoid action while P1_GunRecoil=cmw 1 F0x%s%x1x does (with the extra reload snap)
Dont know what to do really, havent tried flycast yet. but damage dosent work on this game either so maybe something isnt right?

I have the latest DemulShooter_v10.9.1  :angel:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3195 on: February 11, 2023, 05:16:31 pm »

P1_CtmRecoil=cmw 1 F0x%s%x1x dont give me any solenoid action while P1_GunRecoil=cmw 1 F0x%s%x1x does (with the extra reload snap)
Dont know what to do really, havent tried flycast yet. but damage dosent work on this game either so maybe something isnt right?

I have the latest DemulShooter_v10.9.1  :angel:

Here's the file I'm using to test recoil and solenoid with mine :

[General]
MameHookerStart=
MameHookerStop=
MameStart=cmo 4 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmw 4 S6M4.1R0.0.15R0.1.1
MameStop=Wat 200, cmw 4 E, cmc 4
StateChange=
OnPause=
OnRotate=
[KeyStates]
RefreshTime=33

[Output]
P1_CtmRecoil=cmw 4 F0.%S%.0
P1_Damaged=cmw 4 F1.%S%.255
Both dammage rumble and solenoid recoil worked with ninjasltu on Demul and Flycast

But most importantly, you can check with Mamehooker debug window that dammage and recoil are beeing activated (number changing between 0 and 1)
You can even try to put a "long" demulshooter "ON" output state to be sure that the display will be changed long enough to see it (without plugin the devices, to not damage circuits with too long pulses)

Demulshooter's work stops at that point (i.e : if you can see values changing in MameHooker debug window), the rest beeing more "hardware" related configuration

If you don't see some outputs moving in Mamehooker.....I don't know what else I can say... :'(
(except be sure that the -target option is corresponding to the demul rom name, as all different ninjaslt roms have their own specific memory location)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2023, 05:23:54 pm by argonlefou »

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3196 on: February 12, 2023, 05:22:39 am »
thanks boss. It's damn strange I get credits to 1 inserting and start lamp going 1/0/1/0.. until pressing start so that's working just fine
No other outoputs though, recoil or damage all stay 0 in debug  :banghead:

MAMEHooker hooks so dont know why I only get part outputs here
Maybe its the Naomi bios used? "naomiBios = 8" in demul

Dont get it but just tried flycast and that worked so maybe Im better of just do the transfer :'D

« Last Edit: February 12, 2023, 05:25:04 am by gstav »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3197 on: February 12, 2023, 03:57:48 pm »
Make sure you set both player inputs to "keyboard" ans not to "mouse" in the mod config tool
So I set both player controls to keyboard and now neither gun will fire

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3198 on: February 12, 2023, 04:31:26 pm »
thanks boss. It's damn strange I get credits to 1 inserting and start lamp going 1/0/1/0.. until pressing start so that's working just fine
No other outoputs though, recoil or damage all stay 0 in debug  :banghead:

MAMEHooker hooks so dont know why I only get part outputs here
Maybe its the Naomi bios used? "naomiBios = 8" in demul

Dont get it but just tried flycast and that worked so maybe Im better of just do the transfer :'D

Flycast is the future  ;)
No input lag compared to Demul, better graphics, and most important....regular updates !

So I set both player controls to keyboard and now neither gun will fire
Just to be sure...you're not trying to play the arcade mod / multiplayer  without DemulShooter   ?

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3199 on: February 14, 2023, 07:27:25 am »
Yea, flycast is indeed much better all in all!
Tested all 6 games I have for Sega Naomi using outputs ("Manic Panic Ghosts" and "Mazan - Flash of the Blade" not included)
Some have issues on the output part from in flycast using demuslhooter (DemulshooterX64.exe as it's used with flycast)
which worked in using demul emulator

I made a list of all the games here, hopefully its something that can be fixed as flycast indeed is much better than demul.  :notworthy:
Really 2 games thats have real issues

Confidential Mission (confmiss.zip)
Player 2 recoil unresponsive

Death Crimson OX (deathcox.zip)
No output to be hooked, only credits (image)

Lupin The Shooting (lupinsho.zip)
ALL GOOD!

Maze Of Kings (mok.zip)
ALL GOOD!

Ninja Assault (ninjaslt.zip)
Kinda GOOD!
Using P1_CtmRecoil makes the recoil go off also in demo mode when not in play
Also loosing the feedback in game in some segments, as seen here

and also here

The House Of The Dead 2 (hotd2.zip)
ALL GOOD!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2023, 09:33:13 am by gstav »