Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976484 times)

gstav

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3080 on: November 22, 2022, 04:04:32 am »
I have Ninja Assault running good with DemulShooter + MAMEHooker for 2 player with correct recoil. Think I remember this game picky ad hell on how t you configure the ini for MH though. I usually add damage,- and start button events on games that outputs them but remeber this one might difny like this. What output are you trying to hook? I can look and see how my working ini looks like if you want to

edit: "ninjaslt.ini" Looks like this

[General]
MameStart=cmo 1 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmo 2 baud=9600_parity=N_data=8_stop=1, cmw 1 S6M1x2xM3x0xM8x0x, cmw 2 S6M1x2xM3x0xM8x0x
MameStop=cmw 1 M1x2xM3x0E, cmw 2 M1x2xM3x0E, cmc 1, cmc 2
StateChange=
OnRotate=
OnPause=
[KeyStates]
RefreshTime=
[Output]
P1_LmpStart=lws 01 13 %s%
P2_LmpStart=lws 02 22 %s%
P1_GunRecoil=cmw 1 F0x%s%x1x
P2_GunRecoil=cmw 2 F0x%s%x1x
P1_Ammo=
P2_Ammo=
P1_Clip=
P2_Clip=
P1_CtmRecoil=
P2_CtmRecoil=
P1_Life=
P2_Life=
P1_Damaged=
P2_Damaged=
Credits=
« Last Edit: November 22, 2022, 02:38:17 pm by gstav »
"One coin to rule em' all"

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 10:13:36 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3081 on: November 23, 2022, 07:02:28 pm »
Hi, Did  anyone ever figure out how to play Rambo the video game on PC with raw input.

Thanks

stevelaw83@yahoo.com

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 01:55:18 pm
« Reply #3082 on: November 24, 2022, 06:52:01 am »
Thanks gstav. Mines very similar but I have some LED’s listed in the p1/p2 damaged section. Recoil works fine on mine, with the exception that the recoil fires when the gun is reloaded, but the main problem is that when watching the MH dialog box that the ammo never updates so the solenoid can be triggered even when I’ve ran out of ammo and the P1/p2 damaged indicator doesn’t update when I’m hit by an enemy so obviously the LEDS don’t light up.

Maybe they just don’t work, does ammo work for you?

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3083 on: November 25, 2022, 05:08:59 am »
I would say your ini isnt hooked at all then but the gun just working like it does outside a game from the GUN4IR default.
does other games hook with DS + MH properly

I have an ahk resetting my MH upon launch of the game or ledblinky blocks the reading for MH coming from my front end (LaunchBox)
and breaks it. Outside launching the hk directly works great but from Launchbox this is the approach that works, kinda crappy killing processes but didnt finsd any other way

looks like this

Process,Close,mamehook.exe
Run,taskkill /im "mamehook.exe" /F
Sleep 500
Run, c:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\mamehooker\mamehook.exe
Sleep 300

Run, C:\LaunchBox\ThirdParty\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=ninjaslt
Run, Demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=ninjaslt

Esc::
    Process,Close,Demul.exe
    Run,taskkill /im "Demul.exe" /F
    Process,Close,Demulshooter.exe
    Run,taskkill /im "Demulshooter.exe" /F
   Process,Close,mamehook.exe
   Run,taskkill /im "mamehook.exe" /F
   Sleep 300
    ExitApp
return

stevelaw83@yahoo.com

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 01:55:18 pm
« Reply #3084 on: November 26, 2022, 12:54:30 pm »
Thanks gstav, think i have this working now, all except the P1/P2 damage, i usually like to light up the control panel buttons but MH doesn't seem to be showing any outputs for those when i'm hit during the game. Probably taken this game as far as i can now. Thanks again!

BigPanik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 26, 2022, 06:02:58 pm
« Reply #3085 on: November 26, 2022, 05:18:35 pm »
Hi Argon,

Looking for the way to get Demul Hikaru Star wars pod racer lamps and solenoid (deluxe version).
Demulshooter get Braveff outputs that is very similar.
Do you think it could be easy to add star wars podracer to demulshooter?

Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
« Reply #3086 on: November 27, 2022, 07:49:25 am »
Hi argonlefou
I know that demulshooter doesn't support rpcs3, but are you able to eliminate the autoreloading on the house of dead 3 for PS3? as you did in the PC version, files on PS3 game folder are the same of PC version. can you look it?
Ps3 version is the only one that have a fast reloading speed almost like the real version on arcade cabinet. Or maybe you can import fast reloading on PC version?

Many thanks :notworthy:

Similary files are for assets, textures and shadders (etc...), not the program itself  ;)
There is no "hod3pc.exe" on playstation....and the code is handled in it

As for porting "fast reload" to pc program I'd need to see the difference between the 2 to have a more definitive answer but I don't think this is possible....removing existing feature is way simpler than adding some, expecially without the source code

Hi Argon,

Looking for the way to get Demul Hikaru Star wars pod racer lamps and solenoid (deluxe version).
Demulshooter get Braveff outputs that is very similar.
Do you think it could be easy to add star wars podracer to demulshooter?

Thanks

There will be no Pod Racer on demulshooter...this is no LightGun game
Feel free to use DemulShooter's source code to adapt it to this game for your own needs

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3087 on: November 27, 2022, 01:18:56 pm »
Thanks gstav, think i have this working now, all except the P1/P2 damage, i usually like to light up the control panel buttons but MH doesn't seem to be showing any outputs for those when i'm hit during the game. Probably taken this game as far as i can now. Thanks again!

It might be if you dont kill the MAMEHooker process and restarts it upon launch like I do in the ahk, your front end blocks it with its pre loaded LEDBLinky, it's like that for me but this aproach works

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:49:18 pm
« Reply #3088 on: November 27, 2022, 01:25:59 pm »
Many thanks for your reply. yes, there is not a .EXE because it is not for windows, but instead there is eboot.bin, there you should find what you need for remove autoreloading

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3089 on: November 27, 2022, 01:28:46 pm »
Many thanks for your reply. yes, there is not "hod3pc.exe" because it is not for windows, but instead there is eboot.bin, there you should find what you need for remove autoreloading...

try take a look if you can  :applaud: :notworthy:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3090 on: November 27, 2022, 03:34:14 pm »
Many thanks for your reply. yes, there is not "hod3pc.exe" because it is not for windows, but instead there is eboot.bin, there you should find what you need for remove autoreloading...

try take a look if you can  :applaud: :notworthy:
Thanks for the tip, but no ;D

Do you really think an emulator would be needed if those files had anything in common with a windows binary ?
The only 
thing they have in common is that they are made of '0' and '1' :-\

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3091 on: November 28, 2022, 08:57:24 am »
Now when you talking about House of the Dead 3. I posted a video of me playing the HOTD3 some time ago and got a comment about the reloading isnt like the arcade.
I looked at my video and compared it to a somearcade play and thats right, the arcade have instant ready-to-shot action when the reload is made, but the PC version have this delay before you can shot again.

PC Version with delay
https://youtu.be/18XYlCgeiDs?t=34

Arcade version with instand reload
https://youtu.be/tCNi-6TIXW0?t=41

This might implemented be as the PC game have autoreload as default and if you would have instant reload it would almost be infinit bullets as you could just fire away, but since you removed the autoreload in demulshooter it would be great to have this back as the time to shoot off screen/cock the shotgun would be enough.

Long story short, is this somewhat possible to implement a fix for Argonlefou? Would be sweet :angel:
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:00:15 am by gstav »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3092 on: November 28, 2022, 01:26:55 pm »
Having a couple of free hours to spend, I found different ways to resolve this :

- Remove the "disable delay" when reload occurs. Not very good as you can shoot again while the gun is beeing reloaded on screen. It's kind of weird

- Simply remove the reload command and just set ammo value back to 6. This is instant reload but reload animation, like in arcade, is lost. And will only work with noautoreload option (else the game will normaly run "long" reload when clip is empty)

- I found how to alter the reload animation speed. I can make it pretty fast but, if recorded at slow speed you can see that the animation is not playing properly. Barely visible bug during gameplay.

I'll see if #3 can be enhanced a little

pacooka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2023, 09:25:13 am
« Reply #3093 on: November 28, 2022, 01:54:31 pm »
Hi argonlefou, regard TC5, i'm using GUN4IR with Mamehooker+DemulShooter and I noticed that there is no active output for the gun trigger in game,
Tried outputs from Teknoparrot+DemulShooter+Mamehooker and also tried Jconfig but got the same results,
Can you please advise?

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3094 on: November 28, 2022, 02:55:26 pm »
Having a couple of free hours to spend, I found different ways to resolve this :

- Remove the "disable delay" when reload occurs. Not very good as you can shoot again while the gun is beeing reloaded on screen. It's kind of weird

- Simply remove the reload command and just set ammo value back to 6. This is instant reload but reload animation, like in arcade, is lost. And will only work with noautoreload option (else the game will normaly run "long" reload when clip is empty)

- I found how to alter the reload animation speed. I can make it pretty fast but, if recorded at slow speed you can see that the animation is not playing properly. Barely visible bug during gameplay.

I'll see if #3 can be enhanced a little

wow! THanks for looking into this boss! :D Really appreciate this

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3095 on: November 28, 2022, 06:22:55 pm »
Now when you talking about House of the Dead 3. I posted a video of me playing the HOTD3 some time ago and got a comment about the reloading isnt like the arcade.
I looked at my video and compared it to a somearcade play and thats right, the arcade have instant ready-to-shot action when the reload is made, but the PC version have this delay before you can shot again.

PC Version with delay
https://youtu.be/18XYlCgeiDs?t=34

Arcade version with instand reload
https://youtu.be/tCNi-6TIXW0?t=41

This might implemented be as the PC game have autoreload as default and if you would have instant reload it would almost be infinit bullets as you could just fire away, but since you removed the autoreload in demulshooter it would be great to have this back as the time to shoot off screen/cock the shotgun would be enough.

Long story short, is this somewhat possible to implement a fix for Argonlefou? Would be sweet :angel:

the youtube comment about reloading was mine   ;D
let's hope that argonlefou manages to do one of his magic and make the reloading as similar as possible to the arcade version :applaud:

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3096 on: November 29, 2022, 02:50:12 am »
[quote author=cangarujack
the youtube comment about reloading was mine   ;D
let's hope that argonlefou manages to do one of his magic and make the reloading as similar as possible to the arcade version :applaud:
[/quote]

Yes! Sorry for the lack of mention cangarujack, it's your fault now this can't be unseen  :laugh:
Yeah, sounds promising if a fix could be made. I for one don't mind a buggy or a cent reload animation if it acts as the arcade timin wise  :burgerking:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3097 on: November 29, 2022, 06:32:27 am »
If you want to test with this version of Demulshooter, it should be closer to the arcade (it is tied to the -noautoreload option so be sure to use it)

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3098 on: November 29, 2022, 01:06:23 pm »
it WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy: :applaud:  you are THE MAGICIAN 8)

I used the new .exe with version 10.8.1....

MANY THANKS!!!!

now release new version 10.8.2? or does it remain a standalone thing?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3099 on: November 29, 2022, 02:07:43 pm »
You can use it as a 10.8.2 update for now

This will be part of 10.8.2 update but there are a few others things I have to do before beeing able to pack it

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3100 on: November 29, 2022, 04:17:54 pm »
OK...
tested also with two players and works fine! GREAT JOB!!!  :notworthy: :applaud:

if you want, to make it perfect, you should find a way to change the MAX number of lives, usually it can be set from 1 to 9. by default it is 5 on arcade cab, in PC this versione is 9.
but in this version you can only choose the number of starting lives.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3101 on: November 29, 2022, 06:12:54 pm »
Hi argonlefou, regard TC5, i'm using GUN4IR with Mamehooker+DemulShooter and I noticed that there is no active output for the gun trigger in game,
Tried outputs from Teknoparrot+DemulShooter+Mamehooker and also tried Jconfig but got the same results,
Can you please advise?
I don't know about Teknopparot implications on TC5 support.
I just know the game is running fine as a standalone, or with JConfig

Sole outputs (native genuine outputs) will only work with Jconfig, whereas custom outputs will work also when used as standalone

Without any more details, I won't be able to help you more

if you want, to make it perfect, you should find a way to change the MAX number of lives, usually it can be set from 1 to 9. by default it is 5 on arcade cab, in PC this versione is 9.
but in this version you can only choose the number of starting lives.
Not only that, but also select freeplay/credits
Add "insert coin" on screen
Remove main menu screen to start directly with intro and start game

But it's a little bit out of Demulshooter's purpose.
An "arcade mod" would be better for this kind of job

Another thing is, I'd like to avoid a command like :
-noautoreload -noguns -freeplay -maxlife=5
etc...the more game specific options you add on a general purpose tool like Demulshooter, the more users are in trouble (really.....unfortunatelly)

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3102 on: November 30, 2022, 12:37:15 pm »
an arcade mod would be very nice.
yes I understand that you don't want to add many specific options, but I think HOTD 3 is the only one with many options.

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3103 on: December 01, 2022, 08:53:09 am »
Hi Argonlefu! Got into some PC problems but finally got the chance to try this version. Man, what a difference!
It's like a quarter of the delay now. Did a comparison vide so you can see for your self. Thanks a million!  :cheers:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3104 on: December 01, 2022, 10:00:54 am »
yes I understand that you don't want to add many specific options, but I think HOTD 3 is the only one with many options.
I have pages of notes for hotd3 decrypted memory elements in order to make an "arcade-like" kind of mod. ;D
I still have a look at it sometimes when I rework on the game....but it's time consumming and there are still hard things to do. But I solve new issues everytime..hopefully one day

Hi Argonlefu! Got into some PC problems but finally got the chance to try this version. Man, what a difference!
It's like a quarter of the delay now. Did a comparison vide so you can see for your self. Thanks a million!  :cheers:

Thanks.
Love the "on hit" red light on the panel  buttons :applaud:

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3105 on: December 01, 2022, 12:55:58 pm »
I have pages of notes for hotd3 decrypted memory elements in order to make an "arcade-like" kind of mod. ;D
I still have a look at it sometimes when I rework on the game....but it's time consumming and there are still hard things to do. But I solve new issues everytime..hopefully one day

it would definitely be appreciated!!! I saw that the arcade version has been emulated on mame, but it runs at 1 fps...at least it's a start, let's hope one day they can emulate it 100%.

if it's not too much work, implement the 5 max lives  :angel: :P

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3106 on: December 04, 2022, 09:40:08 am »
Like I said, not about work (that part is pretty straight forward hardcoded, just a byte to change) but it is not for Demulshooter.

That beeing said....while searching for the reload matter, I unexpectedly found how to solve somzthing that bothered me for the "arcade mod"  I was speaking about.

It's just a matter of putting the code together but I have a solid basis to work on now, I shiuld be able to have the mod in some "alpha state" soon.....for you to test  8)

I don't know if everythinf I want to do will be done on the first batch but for now, it's not that bad

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3107 on: December 04, 2022, 11:46:52 am »
Like I said, not about work (that part is pretty straight forward hardcoded, just a byte to change) but it is not for Demulshooter.

That beeing said....while searching for the reload matter, I unexpectedly found how to solve somzthing that bothered me for the "arcade mod"  I was speaking about.

It's just a matter of putting the code together but I have a solid basis to work on now, I shiuld be able to have the mod in some "alpha state" soon.....for you to test  8)

I don't know if everythinf I want to do will be done on the first batch but for now, it's not that bad

WOW!!! Can't wait!!!!  :applaud: 8)

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #3108 on: December 04, 2022, 01:58:51 pm »

Hotd3 arcade mod would be amazing.
If you need to recreate some graphic let me know.
Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3109 on: December 05, 2022, 12:57:54 pm »
Thanks, but the grahic enhancements are limited, mainly because of how the assets are packed and mapped but also because the game is rendering 2D sprites in low res

On the other hand, this is a good thing as it keeps everything at the right place, no matter what size/res the window is.

I still have a few available ones to change to add what was stripped away from the arcade (insert coins, etc...)

Bojo5150

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm
« Reply #3110 on: December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm »
I've recently finished my conversion over to Gun4IR and have begun testing games, recalibrating, etc... part of this process is upgrading DemulShooter. What I've done over the years was to install various point releases specific to the game/emulator, so I have dozens of demulshooters to update (or consolidate). I just started the Sammy/Atomiswave games that run on Demul however the current DemulShooter does not hook properly. Some games will say that its hooked (Extreme Hunting for example) but any of my 4 guns work in game and all fire each players bullets, etc... Extreme Hunting 2 however Demulshooter does not hook. I rolled back to the previous version I was using for these games (8.5.2) and all of them work fine. Did something change that I need to do to get them working with Naomi/Sammy/Atomiswave/etc... or does the current Demulshooter release have a bug?

I would normally be fine sticking with 8.5.2 however my plan is to use mamehooker and outputs were not supported back then

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3111 on: December 11, 2022, 03:50:39 pm »
Ouch...8.5.2 is something like...3 years ago. So honestly, even with the changelog I won't trace back all changes because there are a lot of them, mainly because 10.0 came with a fully rewritten core system to handle gamepad and other devices.

But I'll check again with those games, just to know if this is coming from a software bug or from your configuration.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3112 on: December 14, 2022, 06:36:30 pm »

Okay, so for whoever wants to test, the Mod is now available here : https://github.com/argonlefou/Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod
Release: https://github.com/argonlefou/Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod/releases/tag/v1.0
Instructions: https://github.com/argonlefou/Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod#readme

There are still some "none-perfect" things (and I have still to play to the end to look at the end-game/highscore saving part to know if it's saving and loading highscore correctly)
But it's not that bad in the end.

Feedbacks are welcome

Of course, fully compatible with DemulShooter.
If the mod is working well, I'll be able to remove all hotd3 options from demulshooter on the end

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3113 on: December 15, 2022, 01:38:41 pm »

Okay, so for whoever wants to test, the Mod is now available here : https://github.com/argonlefou/Hotd3pc_ArcadeMod

There are still some "none-perfect" things (and I have still to play to the end to look at the end-game/highscore saving part to know if it's saving and loading highscore correctly)

Feedbacks are welcome

If the mod is working well, I'll be able to remove all hotd3 options from demulshooter on the end

Great job Argonlefou!!!   :applaud: :notworthy:
I found small problems...

- if I play with P1 mouse and P2 keyboard, everything is fine.

- If I play with demulshooter with fast reloading, and my 2 sindens guns, P1 doesn't have the reload animation...and when I press 5 to insert the coin, the game loads 2 coins

« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 03:11:09 pm by cangarujack »

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3114 on: December 15, 2022, 02:48:32 pm »

Feedbacks are welcome

i try it now!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3115 on: December 15, 2022, 03:36:04 pm »
I found small problems...

- if I play with P1 mouse and P2 keyboard, everything is fine.

- If I play with demulshooter with fast reloading, and my 2 sindens guns, P1 doesn't have the reload animation...and when I press 5 to insert the coin, the game loads 2 coins

I still have to run tests with demulshooter, but for the credits there's no way to patch it for now : Demulshooter adds a credits with a key press (this is no option, but this is meant to diseappear when the mod will be fully functionnal), and the modded game will do the same (hence the 2 coins added)

As for the reload animation I'll check that. But make sure not to use any hotd3 specific options in demulshooter

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3116 on: December 15, 2022, 03:53:25 pm »
my god...sorry!!  :notworthy:
I forgot to put the keyboard on both P1 and P2 in the MOD menu.

NOW IT WORKS!!! :applaud:
« Last Edit: December 15, 2022, 04:02:34 pm by cangarujack »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3117 on: December 16, 2022, 11:29:12 am »

:cheers:

I pushed an update to correct some details

Unless someone finds something really bad (like, not possible to play the game with a particular path untill the end), I will be able to remove hod3 options from demulshooter next week

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3118 on: December 16, 2022, 12:47:30 pm »

:cheers:

I pushed an update to correct some details

Unless someone finds something really bad (like, not possible to play the game with a particular path untill the end), I will be able to remove hod3 options from demulshooter next week
So you will put all the options in the mod?
and on demulshooter the command simply remains
-target=windows -rom=hod3pc   correct?

we are close to perfection
I did 3 full games yesterday and I found no problems with the routes I did...
in the end credits it says (arcade staff) Takashi Oda and others....you could add ARGONLEFOU 8)

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3119 on: December 16, 2022, 01:20:43 pm »
Maybe the last thing to do is a fix for the 16:9 issues....using widescreen will make your aim slightly off