Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976463 times)

punkdark2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Thanks Argon

jimbone007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 04, 2022, 07:14:50 pm
Thanks for this amazing software! I have a Quick question. I'm trying to get two gun4ir guns working with dolphin. I have everything working except both guns control the same reticle. I followed a couple youtube tutorials on the setup and they all said to do the same thing but for some reason I cant get them to control their own reticle. Any ideas what can cause this and how to fix it? Thanks

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 12:54:01 am
hello, when I noinput for transformers, the game crashes when I shoot, is there a solution for this?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
hello, when I noinput for transformers, the game crashes when I shoot, is there a solution for this?
Hello, yes I just looked at the code and there's a bug for Transformer's outout when I disable the input hack.
I'll share a modify version this evening for you to test

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Here's a corrected version, can you try it and confirm it's working as expected ?

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
Here's a corrected version, can you try it and confirm it's working as expected ?

thanks i tried it and it worked 👍👍

GustavoALara

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 05, 2022, 12:24:26 pm
Hi!

Today has just launched the new "The House of the Dead: Remake" for PC, but the developers have forgot the lightgun support and the game works like Heavy Fire series games: mouse + keyboard for player 1 and gamepad for Player 2. Of course using a lightgun like GUN4IR, Aimtrak, Sinden or Wiimote as mouse as player 1 works like ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- (the game doesn't use absolute coordinates, no offscreen shoot to reload...), so we need you to add real lightgun support to this game (if possible)

By the way, many many many thanks in advanced for your great tool and your efforts

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi!

Today has just launched the new "The House of the Dead: Remake" for PC, but the developers have forgot the lightgun support and the game works like Heavy Fire series games: mouse + keyboard for player 1 and gamepad for Player 2. Of course using a lightgun like GUN4IR, Aimtrak, Sinden or Wiimote as mouse as player 1 works like ---steaming pile of meadow muffin--- (the game doesn't use absolute coordinates, no offscreen shoot to reload...), so we need you to add real lightgun support to this game (if possible)

By the way, many many many thanks in advanced for your great tool and your efforts
I'll have a look in a (close, I hope) future BUT I can already see how this will turn in the end :
- Many diferent game binaries (Steam, COG, Warez.....): that I can handle, it's a couple of different versions
- Lots of updates from steam (new features, bugs correction, etc...): that I can't follow and remake everything for each new version....
- And without knowing the base fact : is the exe 64bits ? 32 bits ? Unity Game ? how messy will it be to do Demulshooter's stuff with it (if possible at all)

In a nutshell.....better pray for dev rawinput updates in the long term ;D

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:45:57 am
- And without knowing the base fact : is the exe 64bits ? 32 bits ? Unity Game ? how messy will it be to do Demulshooter's stuff with it (if possible at all)

It's a Unity game

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yup, saw that. Didn't know at the time I replied to the quoted message

Unfortunatelly, I'm part of those who can't get any version of the game to start (keep crashing at the loading screen) on any of my computers.
I still have one more computer to test this week end but I think this game is slowly going to earn it's place onto the abyss of the Forgotten Ones (as far as I'm concerned  ;D )

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
Hey Argon, just wanted to let you know that this game has been patched by Mystery Wizard to work with light guns and it works great! Only one player though. I'll post the notes from the release below, his method works with all versions of the game apparently. Just figured this may prove useful in maybe getting it working through Demulshooter.

"Technical notes:
Patches cursor locked states to none so that cursor position isn't centered.
Updates the CrossHair MoveRaw to utilize Input.mousePosition which will provide an absolute position.
No translation needed before applying to transform it would seem data is 1:1 unlike Intake and Bigbuck.

2 Player support would require grabbing coords from a different location than Input.mousePosition, would need to be able to independently query alternative device (Maybe utilizing PInvoke?)"

By the way, is the game completely crashing for you? Mine acts up sometimes and I'll have to force quit it and start it again and then it works. Sometimes it takes a long and sits at the black and white splash screen with the zombies for quite a bit and also takes long once you select play to start the game in the menu, but then it works. Just throwing that out there in case you're not being patient enough.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hey Argon, just wanted to let you know that this game has been patched by Mystery Wizard to work with light guns and it works great! Only one player though. I'll post the notes from the release below, his method works with all versions of the game apparently. Just figured this may prove useful in maybe getting it working through Demulshooter.

"Technical notes:
Patches cursor locked states to none so that cursor position isn't centered.
Updates the CrossHair MoveRaw to utilize Input.mousePosition which will provide an absolute position.
No translation needed before applying to transform it would seem data is 1:1 unlike Intake and Bigbuck.

2 Player support would require grabbing coords from a different location than Input.mousePosition, would need to be able to independently query alternative device (Maybe utilizing PInvoke?)"
Yes I know about it
This has nothing in common with the way DemulShooter is acting so unfortunatelly this won't be very helpfull but it's good to have this kind of patch for customers who are buying a lightgun game...not working with lightgun :censored:

By the way, is the game completely crashing for you? Mine acts up sometimes and I'll have to force quit it and start it again and then it works. Sometimes it takes a long and sits at the black and white splash screen with the zombies for quite a bit and also takes long once you select play to start the game in the menu, but then it works. Just throwing that out there in case you're not being patient enough.
The game totally crash after 4-5mn of waiting at this screen, but I managed to luckily go past it once by tweaking some files, on the last computer I tested on
But as I said earlier....64bits Unity game....not really DemulShooter friendly

Bojo5150

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm
@argonlefou

Would you have interest in looking into a recent dump called "Wild West Shootout". Someone recently posted an I/O fix for the game but only P1 currently works. (P2 follows the same mouse movement as P1)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
@argonlefou

Would you have interest in looking into a recent dump called "Wild West Shootout". Someone recently posted an I/O fix for the game but only P1 currently works. (P2 follows the same mouse movement as P1)
I was waiting for this I/O issue to be fixed
I'll have a look tomorrow, but it's also Unity game so I don't know what can be done.

HOTD: remake is a dead end for now, I can't do anything with low-level hook like DemulShooter. It needs dll patching like Mystery Wizard did

fjser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 01:42:51 pm

thanks i tried it and it worked 👍👍
I'm using above patch to run transformers in noinput mode since I am using real positional arcade guns for that game. I am seeing a weird behavior where when demulshooter is not running, the gun cursor can reach all parts of the screen, but when i run demulshooter in noinput mode the cursor cannot reach all the way to the edges of the screen For now, i am using demulshooter to control this game *using the analog positional guns) so its not game changing, but still curious as to why this happens

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I'm using above patch to run transformers in noinput mode since I am using real positional arcade guns for that game. I am seeing a weird behavior where when demulshooter is not running, the gun cursor can reach all parts of the screen, but when i run demulshooter in noinput mode the cursor cannot reach all the way to the edges of the screen For now, i am using demulshooter to control this game *using the analog positional guns) so its not game changing, but still curious as to why this happens

Indeed, I had to override the calibration settings with DemulShooter to precisely align the aim, and that part was forgotten to be removed with the -noinput.
Sorry ! I'll patch it on Monday and will publish a corrected release

fjser

• Offline Offline

Indeed, I had to override the calibration settings with DemulShooter to precisely align the aim, and that part was forgotten to be removed with the -noinput.
Sorry ! I'll patch it on Monday and will publish a corrected release

Thanks! no rush, and really appreciate it. Wondering if you have any ideas on another issue I am seeing with Model 2.  Its only for the game GunBlade NY. For some reason, when using analog positional guns on this game, the y-axis is inverted. There is an option to invert the axis when setting up the P1 and P2 controls in Demulshooter (if they are analog), but this then breaks all other games....I know one option would be to create a separate demulshooter instance just for this one game, but I was wondering if you could easily add an option to the M2 config tab to invert the y-axis just for Gunblade?  BTW, i did check in mame, wherre gunblade is not yet emulated but does start up, and it has the same issue, so apppears this is some strange requirements of this specific game only

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
Can you inform us what we will use the -ipcinputs output settings for?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks! no rush, and really appreciate it. Wondering if you have any ideas on another issue I am seeing with Model 2.  Its only for the game GunBlade NY. For some reason, when using analog positional guns on this game, the y-axis is inverted. There is an option to invert the axis when setting up the P1 and P2 controls in Demulshooter (if they are analog), but this then breaks all other games....I know one option would be to create a separate demulshooter instance just for this one game, but I was wondering if you could easily add an option to the M2 config tab to invert the y-axis just for Gunblade?  BTW, i did check in mame, wherre gunblade is not yet emulated but does start up, and it has the same issue, so apppears this is some strange requirements of this specific game only
Unfortunatelly I don't remember encountering that behavior with my Aimtrak or Sinden, and for that "exception" I will not add a setting because it's a ton of shitwork (GUI, menu, configuration update) and as you said, this can be easily bypassed by copying DemulShooter on a different folder.

Transformers should work better for you with v10.7.0 update I just released

This is for developpers.
This will allow any other program to access DemulShooter data (axis values and buttons) in live to use them for themselves. that's what I had to do by doing an external Unity plugin to support Wild West Shootout.

DemulShooter v10.7.0 :
- Added support for Unity-based game "Wild West shootout. Please follow setup instructions : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Coastal
- Corrected a bug in Transformers : Human Alliance with -noinput option enabled
Run with DemulShooter.exe -target=coastal -rom=wws

There are few bugs on very specific screen configuration that will be corrected later.
I'm putting this so that you can test if you want and give feedback in case of troubles, I'll be back in some days and will be able to check it then
« Last Edit: May 11, 2022, 12:54:54 pm by argonlefou »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
v10.7.1 is solving a silly copy/paste issue for 2P axis.....

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Unfortunatelly I don't remember encountering that behavior with my Aimtrak or Sinden, and for that "exception" I will not add a setting because it's a ton of shitwork (GUI, menu, configuration update) and as you said, this can be easily bypassed by copying DemulShooter on a different folder.

Transformers should work better for you with v10.7.0 update I just released

This is for developpers.
This will allow any other program to access DemulShooter data (axis values and buttons) in live to use them for themselves. that's what I had to do by doing an external Unity plugin to support Wild West Shootout.

DemulShooter v10.7.0 :
- Added support for Unity-based game "Wild West shootout. Please follow setup instructions : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Coastal
- Corrected a bug in Transformers : Human Alliance with -noinput option enabled
Run with DemulShooter.exe -target=coastal -rom=wws

There are few bugs on very specific screen configuration that will be corrected later.
I'm putting this so that you can test if you want and give feedback in case of troubles, I'll be back in some days and will be able to check it then

Thanks Argon

Ginsonic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !
Thanks a lot Argon! You're a legend  :applaud:

POPO69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 06:15:39 pm
Tu es au top
 Ca marche pour moi
Si quelqu'un  a un script permettant de lancer le jeu et demulshooter dans un second temps...

Si jamais un jrs on peux faire quelque chose pour la ps2...
A ce jour avec les alien gun ca marche pas ...avec aimtrack ca marche mais les aliengun etant mon nouveau joujou jaimera retrouvet l'ensemble de ma playlist..

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
I can't use xbox one controller for Wild West Shootout, I aim up and down, but I can't do left or right

i fixed my mistake :)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 07:06:16 am by gamejoyarcade »

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
I couldn't get Wild West Shootout to work, did anyone else get it? I made a script for the demulshooter to open after 4 seconds of the game, but the credit keys don't work.

fjser

• Offline Offline
are you using regular launch of cowboy.exe or the workaround for netdll issue?

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
are you using regular launch of cowboy.exe or the workaround for netdll issue?
the workaround for netdll issue

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
Hey argon, for those of us who have the netdll error with WWS, the fix is to force the game to run as limited user by using psexec64.exe, example through AHK --> run, psexec64.exe -l "path to cowboy.exe". Problem with this is that Demulshooter doesn't work for some reason. It actually turns green as if it hooked, but the keys for credit/test menu don't work and the I/O error comes up. Any idea why this could be? There is a fix available but it requires creating a non-admin Windows user account and telling psexec to run the game as that user. I really would rather avoid this, thought I'd being it up in case there is a simple fix that can be implemented for Demulshooter.

EDIT: never mind, here's the fix!
« Last Edit: May 14, 2022, 10:04:36 pm by Yardley »

scratcher53

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 07, 2024, 07:47:17 pm
Hi All,
New to lightguns and demulshooter having problems in sega model 2 setting up two guns.
I have built two Samco guns but can not get them to work in sega model 2 together. Installed and set them up in Demulshooter all is fine. When in game each gun controls the same curser. The blue one stays in the corner. Each gun works fine in single player. I have checked the ids for each gun and they are assinged correctly in demulshooter.
I have followed the instructions on the wiki page but still the same. Any ideas?
Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the tip, I will keep it for a future time....if I end up having any admin issue I don't have now  :applaud:

Hi All,
New to lightguns and demulshooter having problems in sega model 2 setting up two guns.
I have built two Samco guns but can not get them to work in sega model 2 together. Installed and set them up in Demulshooter all is fine. When in game each gun controls the same curser. The blue one stays in the corner. Each gun works fine in single player. I have checked the ids for each gun and they are assinged correctly in demulshooter.
I have followed the instructions on the wiki page but still the same. Any ideas?
Thanks
If you followed all steps the best thing to share  a demulshooter log :
Add a -v option in the command line, run model 2 and demulshooter and play around a few second with both guns.
Then close everything and share the debug txt file created in demulshooter's folder

Demulshooter v10.7.2
- Corrected non-working "change weapon" button bug for Virtua cop 3 (Chihiro)
- Corrected hook for "Wild West Shootout" : DemulShooter can now be started anytime ( before or after the game )
- Added support for various other binaries of Haunted Museum 2 (Taito Type X). See wiki for more details about compatibility.

Fearland utility patcher (no crosshair) has also been updated on the first page

bandicoot

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:23:17 pm
 :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:
What could stop you ??????????
Thanks for all your work , so appreciated

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the tip, I will keep it for a future time....if I end up having any admin issue I don't have now  :applaud:

Hi All,
Thanks
If you followed all steps the best thing to share  a demulshooter log :
Add a -v option in the command line, run model 2 and demulshooter and play around a few second with both guns.
Then close everything and share the debug txt file created in demulshooter's folder

Demulshooter v10.7.2
- Corrected non-working "change weapon" button bug for Virtua cop 3 (Chihiro)
- Corrected hook for "Wild West Shootout" : DemulShooter can now be started anytime ( before or after the game )
- Added support for various other binaries of Haunted Museum 2 (Taito Type X). See wiki for more details about compatibility.

Fearland utility patcher (no crosshair) has also been updated on the first page

Thanks Argon

legin71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2023, 11:36:11 pm
Hi all, I'm pretty new to the light gun scene.  I am having issues with demulshooter and DEMUL.  Demulshooter hooks before the emulator is loaded.  This prevents demulshooter from closing once the emulator closes. I cant figure out what it is hooking to.   I will attach my log file from demulshooter
I was wondering if I really need to use Demulshooter with DEMUL as the light gun support seems to work on DEMUL without demulshooter.  Is there a benefit of running demulshooter with DEMUL?

I haven't had any problems with other emulators or stand alone games so far but I haven't set too many up that require Demulshooter.  So far I have M2, Time crisis 5 and Wild West Shootout using Demulshooter and demulshooter runs and closes fine.

I have Teknoparrot, duckstation, pcsx2  and cxbx reloaded all working with my light gun.  As far as I can see I do not need to use demulshooter with these emulators
« Last Edit: June 02, 2022, 12:01:23 am by legin71 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi all, I'm pretty new to the light gun scene.  I am having issues with demulshooter and DEMUL.  Demulshooter hooks before the emulator is loaded.  This prevents demulshooter from closing once the emulator closes. I cant figure out what it is hooking to.   I will attach my log file from demulshooter
Do you get the same behavior when using a Naomi/Naomi 2 game in Demul ? (Atomiswave and Naomi hook are different in demulshooter)

I was wondering if I really need to use Demulshooter with DEMUL as the light gun support seems to work on DEMUL without demulshooter.  Is there a benefit of running demulshooter with DEMUL?
DemulShooter is mostly needed for 2p gameplay, and/or if you want to retrieve game outputs for a cabinet/recoil gun
Demul does not need DemulShooter if you're using only one lightgun

I haven't had any problems with other emulators or stand alone games so far but I haven't set too many up that require Demulshooter.  So far I have M2, Time crisis 5 and Wild West Shootout using Demulshooter and demulshooter runs and closes fine.

I have Teknoparrot, duckstation, pcsx2  and cxbx reloaded all working with my light gun.  As far as I can see I do not need to use demulshooter with these emulators
M2 and cxbx will need DemulShooter if you want to use 2 lightguns. Only one, this will work fine without DemulShooter
On the other hand, TC5 and Wild West Shootout wont be working out of the box with a loghtgun so DemulShooter will be needed even with only one Lightgun

PCSX2 has no DemulShooter support
Teknoparrot can handle multiple lightguns itselfs, DemulShooter is working for Lindbergh games (because it was done before TP added it's own input support and I did not find it interresting to remove it...)

legin71

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2023, 11:36:11 pm
Thanks argonlefou for the reply and all of the hard work you have put into this community and demulshooter.

I just tried running demulshooter on a naomi game in Demul.  It ran perfectly.
I then tried an atomiswave game after that.  It also ran fine.  Go figure that, I didnt change any settings, it has just started to work properly.  Maybe something sensed your presence!!

POPO69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 06:15:39 pm
Pcsx2 have good game lightgun...but with alien gun is not playable. We can play only with gun like wiimote...
maybe a solution one day

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 03:49:18 pm
Hi argonlefou
there is a way to have 2 sinden lightgun on dolphin? do you know something about it? your demulshooter works with aimtrak and gun4ir I have seen ... but I don't know why, not with the sinden ... there are those who say to use the core dolphin on retroarch, with 2 sinden, but I can't

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi argonlefou
there is a way to have 2 sinden lightgun on dolphin? do you know something about it? your demulshooter works with aimtrak and gun4ir I have seen ... but I don't know why, not with the sinden ... there are those who say to use the core dolphin on retroarch, with 2 sinden, but I can't
I have no idea for Sindens, I just got one of them.
Aimtrak support was made a veeery long time ago and was using the "joystick" ability of the aimtrack (from Dolphin point of view) to mount the device and allow everything else. But it's really a very very nasty hack compared to other emulators

Montell

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2022, 02:51:48 am
Sadly the house of the dead 2 pc version no crosshair patch does not work properly on my version, which otherwise is working flawlessly. Does anyone happen to have a no crosshair patch, someone said i probably have the usa pc version because the patch works fine on the HOTD 2 pc eu version.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2022, 02:42:50 am by Montell »

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Hi @argonlefou
Thought if it was possible to add a parameter to swich functions for Right and Left mouse buttons when using demulshooter.exe

Just played Aliens Extermination (standalone) and though of this, then you could change grenade and flame thrower

I know many games can be custom setup in teknoparrot, but just thought of this idea if it was an easy add-on  :cheers:
"One coin to rule em' all"