Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976303 times)

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 11:32:32 am
  • Designated spam hunter
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2880 on: November 23, 2021, 02:30:11 pm »
was hoping you could get “ Lost Land Adventure” working with Demulshooter please.
Here are Argon's replies to an earlier question about LLA and other recent games.
Nowaday games (I mean games created after ~2010) will be more and more difficult to hack because of the way they are coded :
Old arcade games had hardware limitation and it was very easy to follow the 2 or 4 bits lenght data.
Modern computer games are created from AAA 3D engines (unreal engine and so on) on 64bits architecture, with dome screen (Lost Land Adventure) or other particular stuff.  :-[
It's the common point of all the games I left behind so far :
- Blue Estate
- Buck Hunt Pc
- Time Crisis 5
LLA is (little) less obsure on handling axis, but buttons handling is still a mess to decrypt.
But that's more a problem of arithmetic calculations (when I said "not doable") to transform linear coordinates (lightgun or wiimote) to a sperical coordinates for the dome, so that your lightgun can aim precisely.
It's not really "not doable", as any good mathematician would easilly play with this, but that added with all the rest (buttons, 64bits hack)...too much time consumming for a not-that-enjoyable experience in the end

Scott

xbrunox

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2881 on: November 29, 2021, 04:04:15 pm »
Hi Argon. I've a request for demulshooter and sega model2 bel.
Me and others use wiimote for lightguns. With wiimote we simulate a mouse with only 2 buttons.. And we haven't the third  button. Pls can u set grenade for bel at an assegnable button or for a combination of key left+right mouse?

or right mouse Trigger, left mouse granade left+right reload.

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 11:29:26 pm by xbrunox »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
« Reply #2882 on: November 30, 2021, 03:18:59 pm »
Hi Argon. I've a request for demulshooter and sega model2 bel.
Me and others use wiimote for lightguns. With wiimote we simulate a mouse with only 2 buttons.. And we haven't the third  button. Pls can u set grenade for bel at an assegnable button or for a combination of key left+right mouse?

or right mouse Trigger, left mouse granade left+right reload.

Thanks
Hi,

Demulshooter already supports "virtual buttons" (based on keyboard input) to replace missing buttons on the device, isn't there a way for you to map buttons press to keyboard input ? (Autohotkey script or similar ?)
I've heard about people doing this kind of stuff with Nunchuk

As for your request, the main reason to say no is that Demulshooter isn't  ready to support simultaneous press in it's current state.
Also, Right + Left click would be nonsense for all Non-wiimote user ( = Lightgun users) as this would mean out AND on screen trigger at the same time (that's how are mapped controls on lightguns, left = onscreen trigger, out = off screen trigger)
Finally, and logically, it would require the same kind of simultaneous inputs to replace all other games needing more than 2 buttons....

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2883 on: December 01, 2021, 03:58:48 pm »
Hi Argon.
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my mistake.
I was well aware of the possibility of the third virtual button on the demulshooter (I also use it) but having been a while since the last time I had used it, I had forgotten about it!

however I found some problems with BEL in model2.

you have foreseen the use of 3 keys but in reality you need only 2.
in Bel it is not possible to reload, you can only use shooting or throwing bombs. (when you run out of ammo you need to shoot the barrels)

then there is a problem with the grenade button of player2 you can see it from the test menu. if you press it, the button is always pressed and does not switch off.

Thank you

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2884 on: December 02, 2021, 03:17:43 am »
then there is a problem with the grenade button of player2 you can see it from the test menu. if you press it, the button is always pressed and does not switch off.
Indeed, there's a lazy copy/paste typo for the player 2 button command that I never saw before.
I'll update DemulShooter in the next days, thaks for pointing that out !

Hi Argon.
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my mistake.
I was well aware of the possibility of the third virtual button on the demulshooter (I also use it) but having been a while since the last time I had used it, I had forgotten about it!

however I found some problems with BEL in model2.

you have foreseen the use of 3 keys but in reality you need only 2.
in Bel it is not possible to reload, you can only use shooting or throwing bombs. (when you run out of ammo you need to shoot the barrels)

Thank you

No worries !
It's not that I'm targetting a 3-button use for BEL, but I'm trying to keep some kind of "logic" between all available games (and when I mean "logic", it's for me...I'm still the main user of the software  ;) ) while giving some over people a way to play differently.

I could explain every choices in details but this would lead to a very long monologue  :laugh:
It's all about balance, keeping the soft simple enough to play it's base role while having enough features to be able to play games without missing functionality.
A lot of people do not have the minimum computer knowledge to fully understand how to simply run DemulShooter and how to do it.....and I don't want DemulShooter to become some universal-per-game-full-launcher with too many options everywhere (example : Game Loader ALL RH)
Fortunatelly, Sinden Lightgun seem to have a large user base now, working a lot to help each other  so it's a good news (for me :laugh: )

That beeing said, I know BEL only need 2 buttons to play, but this is not a reason to use the RightMouse button as a Grenade button because - again - for most devices (i.e : lightguns) the RightMouse button is offscreen trigger and it make no sense to shoot out of the screen to launch something on the screen....
So, it all comes back to the virtualButtons.... ;)

And sometime, "everything" is not possible (i.e Gundam...)

And even if I know this isn't doable for everyone, the source code is available for anyone wanting to change a behavior for himself  :cheers:

champrt78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2021, 01:49:14 pm
« Reply #2885 on: December 03, 2021, 11:54:28 am »
Having a bit of trouble with Demul + Naomi , specifically Maze of Kings. I have demulshooter working for the M2 emulator , so I don't think it is that , but for whatever reason I can't get 2 player to work for Naomi Games, 1 player seems fine. As far as I can tell everything is ok. Using the latest version of demul07a. My demulshooter is an older version tho. Any help would be appreciated. Does BIOS matter? 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2886 on: December 03, 2021, 12:14:18 pm »
Bios should not matter...

As you're using the good Demul release and everything is fine in the debug file :

If both guns are moving/shooting for Player1 on screen -> DemulShooter's hack has been blocked and it's like you're playing without demulshooter (admin right or anything like this)

If P1 gun is working and P2 gun is not doing anything with DemulShooter...I don't see anything except that you have to calibrate guns in test menu before playing
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 12:22:30 pm by argonlefou »

champrt78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 03, 2021, 01:49:14 pm
« Reply #2887 on: December 03, 2021, 01:10:11 pm »
thank you for the reply,

It is like P1 and P2 fight for control of the P2 crosshair, I am not running demulshooter as admin , but it sounds like i should. The only other thing I can think of is what I read by another memebr who said he changed the padDemu.dll with an older version of it , which seemed to fix his issue. I will probably  download and use a newer version of demushooter as well.

Probably running demulshooter as admin is my best bet to start?
« Last Edit: December 03, 2021, 01:35:25 pm by champrt78 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2888 on: December 04, 2021, 03:35:56 am »
Probably running demulshooter as admin is my best bet to start?
You should always run DemulShooter as admin

The only other thing I can think of is what I read by another memebr who said he changed the padDemu.dll with an older version of it , which seemed to fix his issue.
Beware, the  padDemul.dll is specifically the dll I'm hooking into, so modifying this file can have unknown consequences

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #2889 on: December 06, 2021, 05:22:36 pm »
Forgive me if this have been answered before, but what is the latest Dolphin version supporting 2 light-guns with demulshooter? (and is it hard to make it work with the more recent?) cheers  :cheers:
"One coin to rule em' all"

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2890 on: December 06, 2021, 05:30:14 pm »
Forgive me if this have been answered before, but what is the latest Dolphin version supporting 2 light-guns with demulshooter? (and is it hard to make it work with the more recent?) cheers  :cheers:
Dolphin 5.0 stable (5 years old release)

(and is it hard to make it work with the more recent?) cheers  :cheers:
I don't know, Dolphin was (and still is for configuration questions from usres) a pain in the ass and I 'mp retty sure I won't look at it ever again.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2891 on: December 07, 2021, 05:21:08 am »
DemulShooter v10.4.1 :

- Added support for another binary version of House of the Dead 3 (Windows)
- Updated House of the Dead 3 (Windows) buttons hook for easier and better compatibility (direct memory access instead of virtual keyboard keys to send)
- Updated House of the Dead 3 (Windows) mechanics to select path with MiddleMouse button(see Wiki)
- Corrected issue with P2 grenade button for "bel" rom (Model2)

Wiki is up to date, have a look at it for Hod3pc setup/usage

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2892 on: December 08, 2021, 04:01:26 pm »
Thanks argon!

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
« Reply #2893 on: December 08, 2021, 04:19:59 pm »
DemulShooter v10.4.1 :

- Added support for another binary version of House of the Dead 3 (Windows)
- Updated House of the Dead 3 (Windows) buttons hook for easier and better compatibility (direct memory access instead of virtual keyboard keys to send)
- Updated House of the Dead 3 (Windows) mechanics to select path with MiddleMouse button(see Wiki)
- Corrected issue with P2 grenade button for "bel" rom (Model2)

Wiki is up to date, have a look at it for Hod3pc setup/usage

Thanks Argon

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #2894 on: December 09, 2021, 11:38:49 am »
Thanks Argon! I'll try this weekend

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 14, 2024, 12:54:01 am
« Reply #2895 on: December 10, 2021, 11:17:03 am »
Is the work going on for time crisis 5 and will the output options work?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 11:32:32 am
  • Designated spam hunter
« Reply #2896 on: December 10, 2021, 01:04:25 pm »
Is the work going on for time crisis 5
I really doubt it.
Nowaday games (I mean games created after ~2010) will be more and more difficult to hack because of the way they are coded :
Old arcade games had hardware limitation and it was very easy to follow the 2 or 4 bits lenght data.
Modern computer games are created from AAA 3D engines (unreal engine and so on) on 64bits architecture, with dome screen (Lost Land Adventure) or other particular stuff.  :-[
It's the common point of all the games I left behind so far :
- Blue Estate
- Buck Hunt Pc
- Time Crisis 5

Scott

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2897 on: December 11, 2021, 02:24:56 am »
Well, TC5 may be a little less "abandonned" than the others, because I know there's a bug to correct with it and I don't like bugs in my program  ;D
Moreover, after this post from 2020 Jconfig has been made availabe for the game and accessing the TEST menu may help for outputs.

This is no "promise" at all but TC5 may benefit from some upgrade un the future

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2898 on: December 11, 2021, 03:46:03 pm »
thank you The recoil for lets go jungle does not work stable, what should I do for it, I tried the custom recoil and the original output, the gun vibration effect does not work well, what should I do?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2899 on: December 11, 2021, 04:22:34 pm »
Hi! just found that in the Sinden wiki page, there's a patch for Big Buck Hunter Arcade (2016 PC game) to fix lightgun support, hide crosshairs and guns.
I have not tried, anyway In my opinion Big Buck Hunter Pro in Dolphin is the closest arcade 2p experience we can have. If anyone interested in it, time ago I did this arcade graphics adaptation:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,161764.0.html
« Last Edit: December 11, 2021, 04:24:23 pm by phasermaniac »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2900 on: December 12, 2021, 03:26:26 pm »
Just tested a little and seems to work fine with two guns. The only problem I found is that you can hide crosshairs the guns replacing 2 files, but the flashing of the gun keeps showing and its pretty confusing.
Anyway I still prefer BBH Pro in Dolphin.

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2901 on: December 15, 2021, 03:17:33 am »
If I would want to make a game and for it to send hookable arcade outputs, I guess used by demulshooter or mame hooker, say for single fire on screen and full auto when changing to machine gun in game. What's the simple way to send this as in game code to be seen by DS/MH?

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2902 on: December 16, 2021, 01:15:16 am »
Well, TC5 may be a little less "abandonned" than the others, because I know there's a bug to correct with it and I don't like bugs in my program  ;D
Moreover, after this post from 2020 Jconfig has been made availabe for the game and accessing the TEST menu may help for outputs.

This is no "promise" at all but TC5 may benefit from some upgrade un the future

lets go jungle recoil and custom recoil do not work stably, it cuts out from time to time what should I do for this

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2903 on: December 16, 2021, 06:10:57 am »
If I would want to make a game and for it to send hookable arcade outputs, I guess used by demulshooter or mame hooker, say for single fire on screen and full auto when changing to machine gun in game. What's the simple way to send this as in game code to be seen by DS/MH?

You won't be able to feed DemulShooter with outputs as it's not listening to anything. I'm just digging into the memory to find values and forward them to MameHooker (or any program listening to the similar protocol)
So, if you want to feed your outputs to MameHooker, you need to use Window Messaging API to register and post specific Windows Message start the communication and update periodically your outputs values.
You can have some clues on how I did it by looking at this part of the code : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/blob/master/DsCore/MameOutput/MameOutputHelper.cs

And I guess Howard (MameHooker developper) will advise you far better than me ;)

lets go jungle recoil and custom recoil do not work stably, it cuts out from time to time what should I do for this
Well, this is not by spamming my message box and this thread that I will magically appear here on a finger snap.

That beeing said, there is no recoil output in this game (only rumble output)
If this one is not working well, you can do nothing, it's an emulation/game issue

There is indeed a custom recoil output, which is calculated by DemulShooter based on the Rumble output.
If the rumble is not working, then the custom recoil won't be working ...

If you want to be sure it's a game issue and not an hardware issue, you can test with LGI (or LGI3D) : output calculation are the same so if you have issue with both games, it's your hardware.
If you have issue only with LGJ, it's the game

What can you do ? Nothing, except if you have knowledge to look at and makes emulation better.
To be honest, I didn't try this game more than 30 sec. to develop since it was full of graphical glitch and unplayable

gamejoyarcade

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2904 on: December 16, 2021, 07:17:33 pm »
Thanks i got it for lets go jungle

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2905 on: December 22, 2021, 04:04:16 am »
DemulShooter v10.4.2 :

- Corrected a bug for House of the Dead 2 (Windows) (wrong P2 buttons settings when hod2.exe was unknown version)
- Updated DemulShooterX64 to use the same red/green Tray Icon system than DemulShooter for Hooked/Unhooked games
- Added Output support for Luigi's Mansion Arcade (Sega Nu / DemulShooterX64)

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2906 on: December 27, 2021, 07:51:35 am »
Just found that Hotd Scarlet Dawn is downloable. It runs directly without any loader but seems not to have inputs.
It seems that there is a loader that enables the guns inputs, but its only for parteon at the moment.
I would prefer to play it without messy loaders, but I understand it may be hard and anyway, I'm not in any hurry

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2907 on: December 27, 2021, 08:51:35 am »
Just found that Hotd Scarlet Dawn is downloable. It runs directly without any loader but seems not to have inputs.
It seems that there is a loader that enables the guns inputs, but its only for parteon at the moment.
I would prefer to play it without messy loaders, but I understand it may be hard and anyway, I'm not in any hurry
Looking at the game executable, there are traces of some kind of "mouse-instead-of-gun-input" but untill someone find how to enable this kind of input (which may or not enable the use of keyboard as buttons....this is needed too), nothing can be done untill JConfig emulates the input system or TP goes to public to have a look at it

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2908 on: December 27, 2021, 09:00:20 am »
Ok thanks!
I just saw that in App\Hodzero\WindowsNoEditor\AMDaemon\config.json there are some input config.

Nitro0602

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 13, 2024, 09:28:33 pm
« Reply #2909 on: January 05, 2022, 07:20:01 pm »
Hey guys, sorry if it was already mentioned.. but I’m trying to calibrate 2 guns using the newest naomi emulator.
I’ve calibrated the 1st gun, but when I do the second it also controls the 1st gun. I’ve also used demushooter as well, but still the same outcome. Should I use Model2?

atsumori

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 16, 2022, 03:47:54 am
« Reply #2910 on: January 07, 2022, 09:44:13 am »
Hi, I'm completely new to DemulShooter so hopefully someone can direct me to where to start.  I'm trying to set it up two wiimotes through my dolphinbar in mode 4.  So far, I can't get DemulShooter or DsDiag to recognize input from any of the wiimotes at all

I do see some wiimote entries in DsDiag (RIM_TYPEHID - Gamepad, HJZ, Mayflash Wiimote PC Adapter) but they all have no axis at all and only one button.  How do I get this to work?

I've included the Export Device Data report from DsDiag for the Mayflash entry and it looks like it has inputs, but nothing is showing up in DemulShooter.

Jayinem2022

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2022, 09:23:42 pm
« Reply #2911 on: January 09, 2022, 07:05:41 pm »
argonlefou there is now a JConfig for HOTD Scarlet Dawn, would you be able to look into adding Demulshooter?

https://gofile.io/d/pNTybr

Jayinem2022

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2022, 09:23:42 pm
« Reply #2912 on: January 09, 2022, 08:00:43 pm »
I found out Demulshooter actually might not be needed for House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn. All you have to do is change

\App\Hodzero\WindowsNoEditor\Hodzero\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor\Game.ini
from 0 to 1.

DevelopSetting_PlayerGunDevice=1

And then activate the mouse in JConfig. My EMS Top Gun 3 is working fine.

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
« Reply #2913 on: January 09, 2022, 10:39:42 pm »
I found out Demulshooter actually might not be needed for House of the Dead Scarlet Dawn. All you have to do is change

from 0 to 1.

But with Jconfig, annoying crosshair is always visible.
And if demulshooter support output function, it would be awesome. Because Hotdsd has so many guns showing different feedback.
Im fan of demulshooter's output function.  :laugh:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2914 on: January 10, 2022, 01:09:54 am »
I'll be back home in a couple of days and I should have the time to look at Jconfig / hodsd

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 07:58:49 pm
« Reply #2915 on: January 11, 2022, 02:38:54 pm »

from 0 to 1.

But with Jconfig, annoying crosshair is always visible.
And if demulshooter support output function, it would be awesome. Because Hotdsd has so many guns showing different feedback.
Im fan of demulshooter's output function.  :laugh:

yeha, just need crosshair remove and its great!

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2916 on: January 15, 2022, 01:29:11 pm »
Hi @argonlefou!

I checked the wiki but could'nt see that the Time Crisis 5 was on the list of supported outouts.
Tried to hook with Mamehooker but didn't got any outputs so I guess it dosen't  :'(
Woudl be awesome if it would work with the different selectable wonds though,
much like we wish to have support for HOTD: Scarlet Dawn

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2917 on: January 16, 2022, 03:21:48 pm »
Hi @argonlefou!

I checked the wiki but could'nt see that the Time Crisis 5 was on the list of supported outouts.
Tried to hook with Mamehooker but didn't got any outputs so I guess it dosen't  :'(
Woudl be awesome if it would work with the different selectable wonds though,
much like we wish to have support for HOTD: Scarlet Dawn
TC5 is not listed as supported because....it is not.
So far I couldn't get the Service Menu to properly run in windowed mode to investigate outputs state. I still have an idea to try but not certain this will work

As for HOTD:SD, I won't be able to do better than Jconfig (for now) for inputs (i.e aim offset in menus and path selection).
I've been told that TP has now fixed this issue and is perfectly handling things, so when the game will quit the patreon status this will be the same as lindbergh games and should not need DemulShooter to run
As for Outputs, I just got basics lights here and there but I still have to find the recoil system. Custom outputs and recoil should be doable pretty easily though, I'll try to put these on an update

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2918 on: January 17, 2022, 01:42:17 pm »
Thanks for you elaborate answer boss  :burgerking:
It would be so cool having different outputs per gun selected to pulse the solenoid/motor with in-game. :cheers:

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:45:57 am
« Reply #2919 on: January 18, 2022, 03:40:08 am »
Hi Argon,
is it possible to add custom outputs to Sega Sport Shooting USA (Demul) ?
I have also another question regarding this game: sometimes during a stage I lost the aim, and I get it back when the targets change. I don't think is my issue, I'm using a Gun4ir system.