Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 988278 times)

Moneyhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2024, 03:36:32 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I will messure x and y raw data and will try to find a formula for the scale factor.

njay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2022, 06:49:35 am
  • To Nudge or Not to Nudge !
Small update i had the same issues with HOTD3 on my new system i had with HOTD2
buttons work but no trigger and movement.

after a lot of fiddeling around with it the solution was to first run the game after the setup without demulshooter
afterwards it's working great with demulshooter so first boot game normal then with demulshooter
Mini Pinball Project [Finished]:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=98826.0

Cab Convert To HyperSpin [Sold due to Move]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=101535.0

New Project - Bartop [Planning Stage]
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=105894

Knarius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2021, 02:08:22 pm
Hi guys, i have a question about Demulshooter. What i want is playing games like Haunted Museum 2 or Gaia Attack 4 on 2 players mode without lightgun. At first I thought demulshooter is mainly for using lightgun, but it is able to detect my xbox controller and mouse. So I tried it. Basically Xbox controller works (sadly, not as I intended). And my mouse can't move aiming point at all. (I can't figure out how to use keyboard with demulshooter either.) Is demulshooter a program only for actual lightguns or I'm just doing wrong with my keyboard or mouse?

And another question, when using my xbox controller with demulshooter, I want to 'stop' aiming point anywhere it currently is. What actually happens when i don't give any axis input is aiming point go to center of the screen. This makes sense but with this way the game need 100% accurate aiming all the time...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 03:52:59 am by Knarius »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:54:49 am
Hi guys, i have a question about Demulshooter. What i want is playing games like Haunted Museum 2 or Gaia Attack 4 on 2 players mode without lightgun. At first I thought demulshooter is mainly for using lightgun, but it is able to detect my xbox controller and mouse. So I tried it. Basically Xbox controller works (sadly, not as I intended). And my mouse can't move aiming point at all. (I can't figure out how to use keyboard with demulshooter either.) Is demulshooter a program only for actual lightguns or I'm just doing wrong with my keyboard or mouse?
DemulShooter will only work as intended with devices suppporting RawInput protocol AND absolute positionning.
Regular mice may appear on device list but you won't see any mouvement as they usually output relative positionning data.
So short answer is : No you won't be able to use a regular mouse or a keyboard with DemulShooter. Keyboard can only be used to simulate gun/mouse buttons.

And another question, when using my xbox controller with demulshooter, I want to 'stop' aiming point anywhere it currently is. What actually happens when i don't give any axis input is aiming point go to center of the screen. This makes sense but with this way the game need 100% accurate aiming all the time...
Here again, this is absolute positionning and this is exactly how this is supposed to work.
To "stop" the aiming point when not touching the stick would require data treatment and calculation to convert absolute position (which is the raw data sent by the device) to relative position. This is comonly used in nowadays games but not the goal here as common materials acting as Joypad are WiiMotes and Mounted Arcade Guns and this is how they need to work.

For more detailed explanations, use DsDiag.exe app in the package to look for devices on your computer and test them.
You'll see if they are acting as expected and what kind of data it's outputing. If a device is not working with this app (I mean, if the cursor is not moving where it should), it won't with DemulShooter
« Last Edit: June 01, 2021, 08:02:33 am by argonlefou »

Knarius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 02, 2021, 02:08:22 pm

DemulShooter will only work as intended with devices suppporting RawInput protocol AND absolute positionning.
Regular mice may appear on device list but you won't see any mouvement as they usually output relative positionning data.
So short answer is : No you won't be able to use a regular mouse or a keyboard with DemulShooter. Keyboard can only be used to simulate gun/mouse buttons.

Here again, this is absolute positionning and this is exactly how this is supposed to work.
To "stop" the aiming point when not touching the stick would require data treatment and calculation to convert absolute position (which is the raw data sent by the device) to relative position. This is comonly used in nowadays games but not the goal here as common materials acting as Joypad are WiiMotes and Mounted Arcade Guns and this is how they need to work.

For more detailed explanations, use DsDiag.exe app in the package to look for devices on your computer and test them.
You'll see if they are acting as expected and what kind of data it's outputing. If a device is not working with this app (I mean, if the cursor is not moving where it should), it won't with DemulShooter

Thank you for clear answer. Maybe I can make my own input device which gives absolute positioning then... (Or just buy a gun)

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
(Or just buy a gun)

Ding Ding correct answer. Although there are no cheap guns that work on Windows 10. $100 is the starting point, or maybe even $150.

zelectah

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2021, 02:00:23 pm
  • Setting up an arcade pc :3
@argonlefou thank u very much for your hard work for making all these games compatible with my pair of Gun4IR.

Do u see any chance of making Gal Gun: Double Peace on steam working, too? Sadly it doesn't have raw input :(.

Student123

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:41:40 am
Hi guys,  first off Demul shooter is a gift to all lightgun enthusiasts. Thank you for making this a reality!

Lately I've been building my own hyperspin lightgun wheel and for my new Sinden guns, but the yes they are amazing!

I ran into a small issue with one game and wanted to verify if there was a workaround.

The game is Silent Hill the arcade. After many patches i was able to get the game work via Gameloaderall RH. Seems only easy it works, but loading the exe directly just gave me crashes.

After configuring a 4:3 resolution of 2880x 2160 for both the loader and the game I tried running it with 2 sinden guns.

Without using demul shooter the aim is perfectt but the game share bullets, and essentially using one mouse for 2 guns.

I then configured demul shooter, set the gun ids and they do work in game, both guns shoot and use their own bullets,  but the aim is abysmal, and the all bullets outside the screen.

Not sure if there is a way to calibrate other than the ingame menu (using the white borders and most other games run perfect with demul shooter). Just strange the aim is perfect before using demul.

Any trick to get it working and calibrated with 2 guns?

On a side note, Gundam Spirit of Zeon, and the second player goes into auto fire after some time in game, without even pressing the trigger ,is this demul related or the launcher?

Any help is appreciated!

Thank you!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
@argonlefou thank u very much for your hard work for making all these games compatible with my pair of Gun4IR.

Do u see any chance of making Gal Gun: Double Peace on steam working, too? Sadly it doesn't have raw input :(.
Looking at the game's pictures, I kind of remember someone asking this before. I can't find where or when it was, but if it didn't end in DemulShooter it was surely because of some good reason.
Anyway, I don't own the game and it's not something I'll put on the top of the to-do-list  right now for a lot of different reasons.

Hi guys,  first off Demul shooter is a gift to all lightgun enthusiasts. Thank you for making this a reality!

Lately I've been building my own hyperspin lightgun wheel and for my new Sinden guns, but the yes they are amazing!

I ran into a small issue with one game and wanted to verify if there was a workaround.

The game is Silent Hill the arcade. After many patches i was able to get the game work via Gameloaderall RH. Seems only easy it works, but loading the exe directly just gave me crashes.

After configuring a 4:3 resolution of 2880x 2160 for both the loader and the game I tried running it with 2 sinden guns.

Without using demul shooter the aim is perfectt but the game share bullets, and essentially using one mouse for 2 guns.

I then configured demul shooter, set the gun ids and they do work in game, both guns shoot and use their own bullets,  but the aim is abysmal, and the all bullets outside the screen.

Not sure if there is a way to calibrate other than the ingame menu (using the white borders and most other games run perfect with demul shooter). Just strange the aim is perfect before using demul.

Any trick to get it working and calibrated with 2 guns?
There are no "tricks", you just need to use a proper SilentHill exe (no other patch than resolution patching), no need to calibrate in game (if you already touched calibration you can remove the game's data) and if possible no GameLoader.

GameLoader may do some unknown things for display, messing with Demulshooter. Sometime messing with the aim, sometimes preventing DemulShooter to work at all.
Usually the game is running fine without the loader.

And you should try first to set up the game directly before trying to run everything with a frontend (in case you didn't try that)

LAstly, you can run DemulShooter with a -v option in the command line and sahre the debug.txt file created in Demulshooter's folder, that may provide some informations on what's going on when you're playing

On a side note, Gundam Spirit of Zeon, and the second player goes into auto fire after some time in game, without even pressing the trigger ,is this demul related or the launcher?
Never heard of that untill today on my side but :
You need to define "some time" : 1mn ? 5mn ? 30mn ?
And you need to define "launcher" : Hyperspin ? GAmeLoader all RH  ? anything else ?

Student123

• Offline Offline
Thank you for the reply Argonlefou!

I think you are correct, the issue is too many moving parts.

I use the sinden lightgun so I need to get a border added to the game. The sinden drivers seem to have some issues displaying the borders on this game, so my next option was to use gameLoaderAll RH, it does a good job at displaying a Bezel and getting the game running with one player perfectly with the gun.

I tried running a bezel with the exe directly using rocketlauncher, but then the movies of the game crash out, so its a no go.

Guess between a rock and a hard place, maybe I'll just be happy with single player on this game, seems to work just fine with one player on Gameloader.

With Gundam, its usually within 30 seconds, will see if I can get some logs to you, thank you for checking into this!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I use the sinden lightgun so I need to get a border added to the game. The sinden drivers seem to have some issues displaying the borders on this game, so my next option was to use gameLoaderAll RH, it does a good job at displaying a Bezel and getting the game running with one player perfectly with the gun.

I tried running a bezel with the exe directly using rocketlauncher, but then the movies of the game crash out, so its a no go.

Guess between a rock and a hard place, maybe I'll just be happy with single player on this game, seems to work just fine with one player on Gameloader.
Use Reshade.
I'm using it with Silent Hill to force 4/3 display and put a Bezel around the scree. It's working like a charm, no need to add other launcher doing some unknown things.

With Gundam, its usually within 30 seconds, will see if I can get some logs to you, thank you for checking into this!!!
30 seconds ? Well I played longer than that so I can tell for sure that I never ran into that issue. Again, if you can, run the game exe and nothing else on top of it (except frontend and demulshooter)

Student123

• Offline Offline

Use Reshade.
I'm using it with Silent Hill to force 4/3 display and put a Bezel around the scree. It's working like a charm, no need to add other launcher doing some unknown things.

30 seconds ? Well I played longer than that so I can tell for sure that I never ran into that issue. Again, if you can, run the game exe and nothing else on top of it (except frontend and demulshooter)

Thank you sir :). Will give reshade another try. Did not know you could set 4/3 aspect ratio with it. I knew about bezels, but not the aspect, what shader does that?

Yes, I think you are right, could not reproduce today, even added the -v and the logs show no issue. I bet it was just something on my pc that was fixed after reboot, thank you for looking into it! Much appreciated!

Real quick, do you know if Demul shooter still works with the latest Teknoparrot, or did their Sinden support break it? I prefer running  your tool, so wondering if I should just get an older Teknoparrot to get a few games like Rambo working properly (calibration in that game does not work with Teknoparrot alone, demul still works wonders, only problem is the trigger doesn't do anything, all other buttons work and mouse tracks on the latest TP). Got it working :)

Thank you again for all your handwork, it is much appreciated :)!!
« Last Edit: June 25, 2021, 03:46:20 pm by Student123 »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
argon, I had this problem once before and it's happening and I don't know why. On Gundam Spirit of Zeon when I point my lightgun at the screen he tries to duck then come out of duck repeatedly nonstop and it's just a mess. I'm not pressing any other buttons just pointing the gun at the screen. Do you know why or how to fix it? I can make a video if it would help.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I think it's related to my lightgun because it's also happening on Too Spicy but only on Teknoparrot without using Demulshooter.

But I have another question. I believe you need to configure your gun id in Demulshooter for it to work correct? To make scripts easier I made a bunch of copies of Demulshooter and put one in each game directory so instead of having one Demulshooter on my computer I have dozens, and I save the config but after a few weeks months whatever the config is blank again and I have to reconfigure it. Is there a way to make it permanent? I tried making the config.ini read only but it doesn't seem to help.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2021, 06:45:36 pm by Jayinem »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
But I have another question. I believe you need to configure your gun id in Demulshooter for it to work correct? To make scripts easier I made a bunch of copies of Demulshooter and put one in each game directory so instead of having one Demulshooter on my computer I have dozens, and I save the config but after a few weeks months whatever the config is blank again and I have to reconfigure it. Is there a way to make it permanent? I tried making the config.ini read only but it doesn't seem to help.
DemulShooter will never remove any config file. It will overwrite it when you change your settings, but will never remove it.
Now, according to what is really happening (no config file in the folder ? default config file with no gun ID and default options/key mapping ? Or correct options and keys but only blank gun ID), this may point to a more specific issue regarding what is removing/altering the file

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
DemulShooter will never remove any config file. It will overwrite it when you change your settings, but will never remove it.
Now, according to what is really happening (no config file in the folder ? default config file with no gun ID and default options/key mapping ? Or correct options and keys but only blank gun ID), this may point to a more specific issue regarding what is removing/altering the file

The config file is always there and it shows my gun id in the config file, but the GUI is blank and the gun doesn't work until I reconfig it. I've had to do this countless times going on 2 years now.   I leave the options/keys default so there's no issue there.

In fact I just looked right now and the GUI's are again blank while the config shows the gun id. I'm not sure the amount of time it takes to reset itself maybe each time I boot, maybe a few weeks etc.... because I don't use my lightgun every day or even every week.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2021, 11:11:19 am by Jayinem »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

The config file is always there and it shows my gun id in the config file, but the GUI is blank and the gun doesn't work until I reconfig it. I've had to do this countless times going on 2 years now.   I leave the options/keys default so there's no issue there.

In fact I just looked right now and the GUI's are again blank while the config shows the gun id. I'm not sure the amount of time it takes to reset itself maybe each time I boot, maybe a few weeks etc.... because I don't use my lightgun every day or even every week.
What kind of gun are you using ? If the gun IDs are changing then this could explain why the GUI is blank while the config file has info in it.
You can store the old config and compare it to a new one once the GUI is set correctly to see if thare are any changes.
You can also generate a debug file with the "empty" config file to see what DemulShooter is outputing

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Yeah I'm still using an EMS Top Gun 3 cause I just like that it's wireless and it's the only one that is AFAIK.

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
Hey argon, are you going to keep supporting Teknoparrot games through Demulshooter? I know you can map the guns directly in TP now but I'd much rather use Demulshooter with my set up. I received my Sinden guns recently and I am trying to plan how I want to configure them. Already have everything working nicely with Aimtraks and Demulshooter.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hey argon, are you going to keep supporting Teknoparrot games through Demulshooter? I know you can map the guns directly in TP now but I'd much rather use Demulshooter with my set up. I received my Sinden guns recently and I am trying to plan how I want to configure them. Already have everything working nicely with Aimtraks and Demulshooter.
Hi,
If you're asking if I will continue to update DemulShooter for already supported games because there are new versions of Teknoparrot, this should be no : according to a question recently asked by Student123, DemulShooter+Sinden is still working with latest TP builds
Here's the question I'm talking about :

Real quick, do you know if Demul shooter still works with the latest Teknoparrot, or did their Sinden support break it? I prefer running  your tool, so wondering if I should just get an older Teknoparrot to get a few games like Rambo working properly (calibration in that game does not work with Teknoparrot alone, demul still works wonders, only problem is the trigger doesn't do anything, all other buttons work and mouse tracks on the latest TP). Got it working :)

Thank you again for all your handwork, it is much appreciated :)!!

On the other hand, if you're asking if I will still update DemulShooter if TP is releasing new supported game, this should be yes.

Yardley

• Offline Offline
Thank you. Just to verify, you will not update Demulshooter to work with new versions of TP if they change something that makes Demulshooter stop working in the future with existing supported games, but you will support any newly added games that aren't already playable in TP?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
That's correct.
If an update breaks compatibility and does not add anything relevant for the games, there is no need to use it.

It seems like it's not the case right now.
And Demulshooter is targetting directly the games file so, in theory, as long as the game is running it should work, whatsver TP you're using
This may not be true for Lindbergh, as TP has to load the game in memory to emulate the linux system

Generaly speaking, you juste need TP to pass ringwide games hardware check. Once it's running there is no need anymore with Demulshooter.

Yardley

• Offline Offline
Thank you for clearing that up and thank you for all of your work!

yid4lyf

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2024, 11:58:42 pm
Hi Argon, I dont know if anyone has asked you yet but is it possible to get Big Buck Hunter Arcade and Rambo The Video Game to work with guns? If so how.
Thanks Argon

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi,
This has already been asked ans the answer is no, for both
And no plan to add them in Demulshooter

Drudru21

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2024, 07:44:09 pm
Looking for some help with calibrating my Sinden guns. I have Demul shooter installed and running through a batch file. When I load the game I can use the buttons on both guns to start but when playing only one trigger works at a time and it is constantly reloading for player 1.  Also, when I try to enter Gun configurations through the service menu, player 2 trigger does not recognize. I have setup both guns through the demul shooter GUI.

Sorry if this is a very basic question, I ran through all of the tutorials I could find. I should also point out that my emulator was originally installed in 2015, so perhaps it needs to be updated?

Thanks!

*Edit*
Just to add a few more details, I did have 2 players working previously with AimTrak guns.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 10:29:01 am by Drudru21 »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Looking for some help with calibrating my Sinden guns. I have Demul shooter installed and running through a batch file. When I load the game I can use the buttons on both guns to start but when playing only one trigger works at a time and it is constantly reloading for player 1.  Also, when I try to enter Gun configurations through the service menu, player 2 trigger does not recognize. I have setup both guns through the demul shooter GUI.

Sorry if this is a very basic question, I ran through all of the tutorials I could find. I should also point out that my emulator was originally installed in 2015, so perhaps it needs to be updated?

Thanks!

*Edit*
Just to add a few more details, I did have 2 players working previously with AimTrak guns.

You didn't say what emulator. That might help.

Drudru21

• Offline Offline
Sorry, this is on Sega Model2. Since playing around more I have been able to have both guns fire but only player 1 loses any ammo. I think this is as far as I ever was able to set it up with AimTrak guns. Any suggestions? I also found that Sega Model2 emulator has not been updated in a long time so I should be okay with my current version.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Sorry, this is on Sega Model2. Since playing around more I have been able to have both guns fire but only player 1 loses any ammo. I think this is as far as I ever was able to set it up with AimTrak guns. Any suggestions? I also found that Sega Model2 emulator has not been updated in a long time so I should be okay with my current version.
1) Model2 should be the release v1.1a
2)Add a -v option at the end of your DemulShooter command, this will create a debug.txt file in the Demulshooter folder. You can then share it here so that I can look for any obvious error
« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 04:38:34 pm by argonlefou »

Drudru21

• Offline Offline
Thanks for helping.  I updated to the latest sega model 2 emulator as that was out of date.  The 2nd player can shoot, but the bullets still only subtract from player one, and if both triggers are pulled at the same time no shots are registered.  Here is my debug text.

18:03:28.049832 :
18:03:28.049832 : ---------------- Program Start -- DemulShooter v10.2.0.0 ----------------
18:03:28.049832 : Cmdline arg 0 : -v
18:03:28.049832 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=model2
18:03:28.049832 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=vcop2
18:03:28.050832 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
18:03:28.056832 : Error: Impossible to get Button Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_03&Col04#7&1ff14a6b&0&0003#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.058832 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_03&Col03#7&1ff14a6b&0&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.059832 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_03&Col02#7&1ff14a6b&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.061832 : Error: Impossible to get Output Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_00#7&199f0a4f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.063832 : Error: Impossible to get Button Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_062A&PID_5918&MI_01&Col04#7&33413f52&0&0003#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.065832 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_062A&PID_5918&MI_01&Col02#7&33413f52&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.069832 : Error: Impossible to get Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C31C&MI_01&Col03#7&e7e43e9&0&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.073832 : Error: Impossible to get Output Value Capabilities for device \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C31C&MI_01&Col01#7&e7e43e9&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.090832 : Found 14 available RawInput devices :
18:03:28.090832 :  + [RIM_TYPEMOUSE] \\?\HID#WmVirtualDevice#2&24679b77&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_03&Col04#7&1ff14a6b&0&0003#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_03&Col03#7&1ff14a6b&0&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_03&Col02#7&1ff14a6b&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_00#7&199f0a4f&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_062A&PID_5918&MI_01&Col04#7&33413f52&0&0003#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_062A&PID_5918&MI_01&Col02#7&33413f52&0&0001#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C31C&MI_01&Col03#7&e7e43e9&0&0002#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEHID] \\?\HID#VID_046D&PID_C31C&MI_01&Col01#7&e7e43e9&0&0000#{4d1e55b2-f16f-11cf-88cb-001111000030}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEMOUSE] \\?\Root#RDP_MOU#0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEMOUSE] \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_0430&MI_02#7&cc12e2d&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEMOUSE] \\?\HID#VID_16C0&PID_0F39&MI_02&Col02#8&1a244db0&0&0001#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEMOUSE] \\?\HID#VID_16C0&PID_0F02&MI_02&Col02#9&2c947200&0&0001#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
18:03:28.091832 :  + [RIM_TYPEMOUSE] \\?\HID#VID_062A&PID_5918&MI_01&Col01#7&33413f52&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
18:03:28.098832 : Configuration file succesfuly loaded
18:03:28.098832 : P1 mode = RAWINPUT
18:03:28.098832 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_16C0&PID_0F39&MI_02&Col02#8&1a244db0&0&0001#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
18:03:28.098832 : P1 device plugged and found, Handle = 0x65597
18:03:28.098832 : P1 device : Unknown / SindenLightgun
18:03:28.098832 : P2 mode = RAWINPUT
18:03:28.098832 : P2 device = \\?\HID#VID_16C0&PID_0F02&MI_02&Col02#9&2c947200&0&0001#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
18:03:28.098832 : P2 device plugged and found, Handle = 0x65595
18:03:28.098832 : P2 device : Unknown / SindenLightgun
18:03:28.098832 : P3 mode = RAWINPUT
18:03:28.099832 : P3 device =
18:03:28.099832 : P4 mode = RAWINPUT
18:03:28.099832 : P4 device =
18:03:28.101832 : LowLevelMouseHook installed !
18:03:28.102832 : LowLevel-KeyboardHook installed !
18:03:28.104832 : Waiting for Model2 vcop2 game to hook.....

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
DemulShooter is not finding the emulator to hook so you're playing without demulshooter at all.

Make sure you're having admin rights and that you didn't rename the emulator exe

Drudru21

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the help!  It is working now.  The "run as administrator" didn't fix it, but I changed the batch file to run the multi_cpu emulator and it worked from there.  Sorry if that was a basic first step that I had missed and thanks for checking through my log.

One follow up question for anyone, can I have a global demul shooter that is always running in the background?  Ideally I would turn on my machine and demul shooter would load from a batch and then as I entered and exited games it would just stay loaded and work with each game.  Thanks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
One follow up question for anyone, can I have a global demul shooter that is always running in the background?  Ideally I would turn on my machine and demul shooter would load from a batch and then as I entered and exited games it would just stay loaded and work with each game.  Thanks!
Nope, DemulShooter is specifically hacking each game/emulator so it has to be started with the corresponding command for each game to know what to do

Neonmx6

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2022, 12:34:07 pm
I’m having a really hard time getting both guns working with demul when I load up a game I get one blue crosshair and once the game loads it turns purple. Both guns shoot but for both players I have tired everything and I’m not sure what’s wrong at this point demulshooter is up to date and running just can’t get it working correctly for the life of me any ideas? Maybe something I over looked somewhere? And house of the dead 3 pc I can’t get demulshooter to load with it when I setup rocket launcher to load it before the program it just crashes the game I’m at a loss on that one as well. Thanks for any help.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I’m having a really hard time getting both guns working with demul when I load up a game I get one blue crosshair and once the game loads it turns purple. Both guns shoot but for both players I have tired everything and I’m not sure what’s wrong at this point demulshooter is up to date and running just can’t get it working correctly for the life of me any ideas? Maybe something I over looked somewhere? And house of the dead 3 pc I can’t get demulshooter to load with it when I setup rocket launcher to load it before the program it just crashes the game I’m at a loss on that one as well. Thanks for any help.
First of all, be sure to always run demulshooter as admin

For demul and hotd3 :
Add the -v option in demulshooter command, and launch the emulator/game and demulshooter.
Move, shoot and close. You'll get a debug.txt file in demulshooter's folder, share it here that might be helpfull

Hotd3 might be a different binary from the one I worked in, that might explain the crash

And of course, make sure demulshooter and the game/emulator is working properly when you run them directly before trying complicated things with fronted

Neonmx6

• Offline Offline
Ok let’s start with demul sega Naomi so both guns work and the demul emulator is hooking the demulshooter program running as admin but I’m still running into the same problem both guns are shooting for both players and reloading for both players at the same time is there a setting in the demul emulator itself that I need to change? Not sure what to try next appreciate any help thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Ok let’s start with demul sega Naomi so both guns work and the demul emulator is hooking the demulshooter program running as admin but I’m still running into the same problem both guns are shooting for both players and reloading for both players at the same time is there a setting in the demul emulator itself that I need to change? Not sure what to try next appreciate any help thanks
Again, demulshooter debug  file is the next step if you want to narrow donwn error possibilities

Neonmx6

• Offline Offline
Ok so how would I get the program to make me that file or where would I find it? I see on in the folder but it’s from awhile ago and it’s not updated thanks brother

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Ok so how would I get the program to make me that file or where would I find it? I see on in the folder but it’s from awhile ago and it’s not updated thanks brother

Add the -v option in demulshooter command, and launch the emulator/game and demulshooter.
Move, shoot and close. You'll get a debug.txt file in demulshooter's folder, share it here that might be helpfull

jclausing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2021, 10:39:18 pm
I'm having the exact same problem with Demul. Cursors for both guns right on top of each other and both triggers fire both guns. I have attached my debug file. Please let me know what you see. Thanks