Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976284 times)

Bojo5150

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2640 on: October 05, 2020, 01:02:55 pm »
Team, I'm still struggling with Time Crisis 5 and have a question. When using DemulShooter 10.1.4 do I need to modify the following lines in the BaseInput.ini file:

line 8 from bEnableMouseSmoothing=true to EnableMouseSmoothing=true
   line 37 from Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX") to Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Axis aMouseX Speed=0.05")
   line 38 from Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY") to Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Axis aMouseY Speed=0.05")

I currently have them modified and I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't have given I'm trying to use DemulShooter. (my aim is way off while playing and haven't been able to figure out why)

Thanks in advance!

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 07:58:49 pm
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2641 on: October 05, 2020, 01:28:24 pm »
Team, I'm still struggling with Time Crisis 5 and have a question. When using DemulShooter 10.1.4 do I need to modify the following lines in the BaseInput.ini file:

line 8 from bEnableMouseSmoothing=true to EnableMouseSmoothing=true
   line 37 from Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Count bXAxis | Axis aMouseX") to Bindings=(Name="MouseX",Command="Axis aMouseX Speed=0.05")
   line 38 from Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Count bYAxis | Axis aMouseY") to Bindings=(Name="MouseY",Command="Axis aMouseY Speed=0.05")

I currently have them modified and I'm wondering if maybe I shouldn't have given I'm trying to use DemulShooter. (my aim is way off while playing and haven't been able to figure out why)

Thanks in advance!

no need to modified, demulshooter doing it by itself. try to put a new time crisis 5 folder  from new without any changes and then put demulshooter.

Neonmx6

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2022, 12:34:07 pm
« Reply #2642 on: October 07, 2020, 11:26:43 am »
No matter what I try I cannot get player 2 to show up in demul or house of the dead 3 I just get one blue crosshair and every mouse device on my pc shoots for both players I don’t know how to fix it????? I’m running the newest version of demulshooter and I have tried older versions as well there has to be something I’m missing???
Demulshooter won't work with regular mice.
You need to use lightguns or joypad/jostick

DemulShooter v10.1.5 :
- Corrected a bug for Model2 script install in DemulShooter_GUI (crosshair keys were not exported correctly in the script).
- Added an option for Model2 in DemulShooter_GUI to enable white flash removal in-game when shooting.

As for Dolphin questions, I won't be able to access ini files or test anything before at least a month

Sorry I worded my original post wrong I have two aimtrak recoil guns and in demul and house of the dead 3 pc both guns are shooting for player 1 I don’t know what I’m doing wrong I have setup demulshooter and selected my guns and they are working in that program and it loads with the emulator but both guns still shoot for player one

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
« Reply #2643 on: October 07, 2020, 01:25:28 pm »

Sorry I worded my original post wrong I have two aimtrak recoil guns and in demul and house of the dead 3 pc both guns are shooting for player 1 I don’t know what I’m doing wrong I have setup demulshooter and selected my guns and they are working in that program and it loads with the emulator but both guns still shoot for player one
Usual checks : Run DemulShooter as admin, check for good version of Demul, run DemulShooter with a -v option to create a debug.txt file and share it (don't forget to remove the file between each game as DemulShooter will append text in it and not overwrite it)

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
« Reply #2644 on: October 07, 2020, 11:47:28 pm »
I apologize if this has been addressed before, but could someone please share a sample .bat file to get virtua cop3 working with demulshooter, including the script to use aimtrak buttons as a start button? I'm hoping to just use a working .bat file to launch game via rocketlauncher. Thank you so much.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:23:31 am by dgrace »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
« Reply #2645 on: October 08, 2020, 02:20:40 am »
It's better to use autohotkey it's really not any more difficult to use than a .bat and everyone uses it on this thread I don't really see anyone using .bats and they use different commands. Just install autohotkey and you can make scripts anywhere on your computer by right clicking and selecting new > ahk script. After you create the script you can run the .ahk just like you would a .bat or you can right click it and make an .exe of it by compiling it if you prefer. Here is my autohotkey script for Virtua Cop 3. But what you're asking about making start be put to your gun is more easily accomplished by going to aimtrak control panel and just put whatever button is start to whatever button you want on your gun. For Virtua Cop 3 it's 1. And this is the most common key for start for other games so if you just map it key 1 to your gun you can hit start for more games. You can also do 5 for coins in aimtrak that will also help with a lot of games.

Anyway here is my ahk script. I also just make copies of Demulshooter and put it in each directory of each game that uses it but it's not really necessary if you don't want to do that you will just need to add the location to wherever you have Demulshooter. This also assumes you're running the script from the same location as cxbxreloaded if not you will also need to add that location before the .exe and same goes for vc3.xbe which is virtual cop 3. If you need any help with adding locations let me know.

Code: [Select]
run, DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3
Run, Cxbx.exe /load vc3.xbe

« Last Edit: October 08, 2020, 02:26:04 am by Jayinem »

Ace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2024, 06:27:53 am
« Reply #2646 on: October 08, 2020, 05:09:22 pm »
Hoping for some help please as I’ve only just started playing around with light gun games for Wii using dolphin. How do I save game config profiles for individual games and get that profile loading with the game please.
Do people use 2 different instances of dolphin?? have one for light gun games and one for platform etc??

Any help, tips appreciated and feel free to pm me as well

Thank you

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
« Reply #2647 on: October 08, 2020, 08:23:29 pm »
Do people use 2 different instances of dolphin?? have one for light gun games and one for platform etc??

I absolutely do yes. I have one for Lightgun games, one for racing, and one for regular games. You do have to make each one portable though because it wants to install the default Dolphin settings to Documents. You can make them portable by simply right clicking in the folder and make a new text document and call it portable.txt. Then it should give you a user folder, this makes that individual folder have seperate settings and you just do that for each installment.

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #2648 on: October 11, 2020, 03:27:53 am »
Im using only one instace with differnet configs but then you have to set it up in RocketLauncher  :laugh:
"One coin to rule em' all"

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2649 on: October 11, 2020, 01:53:12 pm »
Thanks a bunch argon for removing the white flash in Sega Model 2 games (ie virtua cops). So awesome. I know Segal Model 3 already has native support for 2 light guns but I'm just curious if anyone know if there is a way to remove the annoying white flash when you shoot in Jurassic Park Lost World. Love that game, but man the white flashes are so annoying and distracting. If not, no big deal. Just curious. Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2650 on: October 11, 2020, 02:41:28 pm »
I apologize if this has been answered before but would it be possible to add Big Buck Hunter PC (Steam) to the list for demulshooter support? Looks like it would be a sweet 2 player game. Or does it have the same issues you're running into with Blue Estate? Thanks Argon

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2651 on: October 12, 2020, 05:12:44 am »
Thanks a bunch argon for removing the white flash in Sega Model 2 games (ie virtua cops). So awesome. I know Segal Model 3 already has native support for 2 light guns but I'm just curious if anyone know if there is a way to remove the annoying white flash when you shoot in Jurassic Park Lost World. Love that game, but man the white flashes are so annoying and distracting. If not, no big deal. Just curious. Thanks
I just added some already existing code for M2 flash, it's not my work.
For model3, as for any other similar request (PCSX2)....you'll need to hack each rom/game as the flash system is in the game itself.

I apologize if this has been answered before but would it be possible to add Big Buck Hunter PC (Steam) to the list for demulshooter support? Looks like it would be a sweet 2 player game. Or does it have the same issues you're running into with Blue Estate? Thanks Argon
Unfortunatelly yes, although the issue is not exaclty the same than Blue Estate, the result was the same...I dropped 2P support on this one

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 07:58:49 pm
« Reply #2652 on: October 12, 2020, 07:01:12 am »

are you in discord? i will give you my settings.
 i play the lost world without any white flash. the only viaible color are the color of the bullets.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2653 on: October 13, 2020, 06:52:50 pm »
Question for you Rocketlauncher gurus. I created some AHK scripts in order to launcher certain PC light gun games using demulshooter, but am struggling on how to launch them via Rocketlauncher (for my Hyperspin set up). I tried doing it via PC Launcher module settings, but keep getting errors. What's the easiest way to launch a game from an AHK script via Rocketlauncher? In my PC module settings I set the path to the AHK for the application but keep getting errors. Outside of rocketlauncher the AHK scripts work great in order to launch certain PC games using demulshooter, but when I try and launch them via rocketlauncher PC module settings, no go. Any help is much appreciated from you Hyperspiners. Thanks

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2654 on: October 14, 2020, 05:13:11 am »
I bit OT I guess but I successully made this working.
I had to compile the ahk to an exe-file which then worked fine to have as a "start-before"-action in RocketLauncher.
Which game have you got stuck on?

dougan78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2023, 10:19:44 pm
« Reply #2655 on: October 14, 2020, 07:39:56 am »
I made instructions for aliens on rocketlauncher forums here but is the process I use for most if not all those games I have setup

http://www.rlauncher.com/showthread.php?6596-Alien-Extermination-bat-file-help

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2656 on: October 14, 2020, 10:56:44 pm »
I bit OT I guess but I successully made this working.
I had to compile the ahk to an exe-file which then worked fine to have as a "start-before"-action in RocketLauncher.
Which game have you got stuck on?

It's better now but still occasional errors. Here's my settings. Any further tips are much appreciated.

And my current AHK script:
run, DemulShooter.exe -target=globalvr -rom=aliens, C:\PC\aliens\DATA\DemulShooter_v10.1.5
run, "C:\PC\aliens\DATA\aliens dehasped.exe"
Escape::
    Process,Close,aliens dehasped.exe
    Run,taskkill /im "aliens dehasped.exe" /F
    ExitApp
return

I also sometimes get this rocketlauncher error:
"There was an error waiting for this window "ahk_pid 14588" please check yo have the correct version emulator installed for this module"
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 11:01:07 pm by dgrace »

dougan78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 21, 2023, 10:19:44 pm
« Reply #2657 on: October 15, 2020, 07:25:44 am »
I don’t see anything in your prelaunch about the 1000 ms wait on launch which gives demulshooter time to launch before the emulator does.  I would double check your settings compared to the instructions provided in the link I posted Above as that has worked for me and others. 

cult

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2021, 12:27:26 am
« Reply #2658 on: October 16, 2020, 10:38:30 am »
Hello! For everyone currently with a dual gun Dolphin setup, do you know which versions of Dolphin/Demulshooter are you currently using? I am not able to get the second gun to detect on recent builds. Some others had noted as well this may be an issue with recent releases.

kicking1980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 02:38:50 pm
« Reply #2659 on: October 17, 2020, 12:19:24 pm »
I am trying to set up 2 players for Wii using Dolphin and I can't get it to work. I followed the guide and player 2 is Aimtrak #2. the ID is also 2, but when I launch demulshooter and a game, player 2 also controls player 1. I have tried to resetting everything multiple times, I have tried multiple game, I also tried launching with RL and without, but nothing changes. I also created a log for Demulshooter and I don't see any errors. Any ideas?

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
« Reply #2660 on: October 18, 2020, 09:44:09 pm »
I am trying to set up 2 players for Wii using Dolphin and I can't get it to work. I followed the guide and player 2 is Aimtrak #2. the ID is also 2, but when I launch demulshooter and a game, player 2 also controls player 1. I have tried to resetting everything multiple times, I have tried multiple game, I also tried launching with RL and without, but nothing changes. I also created a log for Demulshooter and I don't see any errors. Any ideas?

Go official Dolphin emulator homepage.

Download and try Dolphin 5.0 stable version, not beta version.

Stable version released about 4 years ago.

kicking1980

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2023, 02:38:50 pm
« Reply #2661 on: October 19, 2020, 01:12:18 pm »

Go official Dolphin emulator homepage.

Download and try Dolphin 5.0 stable version, not beta version.

Stable version released about 4 years ago.

That is the one I have. I downloaded it again and after installing and setting up player 2 still doesn't work. 2 palyers works on Teknoparrot, MAME, Taito Type X and so on, but not Dolphin

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2662 on: October 20, 2020, 03:36:39 am »
Hoping for some help please as I’ve only just started playing around with light gun games for Wii using dolphin. How do I save game config profiles for individual games and get that profile loading with the game please.

Thank you
You can create different config files for each game, and copy/paste the exact one you want in the wanted config folder with BAT/AHK scripts.

Hello! For everyone currently with a dual gun Dolphin setup, do you know which versions of Dolphin/Demulshooter are you currently using? I am not able to get the second gun to detect on recent builds. Some others had noted as well this may be an issue with recent releases.

I can confirm that the latest DemulShooter is still working great with Dolphin 5.0 stable release(CRC32=56B8011D , MD5=9660EC7CDDF093A1807CB25FE0946B8E) and dual AImtraks (Martian panic, Hod2&3, etc...)
You'll find my WiiMote configuration files joined at the end of the message. I'm using -ddinumber=3 for DemulShooter but it's hardware dependant so you'll have to check for yourself.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2020, 03:42:59 am by argonlefou »

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
« Reply #2663 on: October 20, 2020, 10:50:03 pm »

Thank you
You can create different config files for each game, and copy/paste the exact one you want in the wanted config folder with BAT/AHK scripts.

I can confirm that the latest DemulShooter is still working great with Dolphin 5.0 stable release(CRC32=56B8011D , MD5=9660EC7CDDF093A1807CB25FE0946B8E) and dual AImtraks (Martian panic, Hod2&3, etc...)
You'll find my WiiMote configuration files joined at the end of the message. I'm using -ddinumber=3 for DemulShooter but it's hardware dependant so you'll have to check for yourself.

Its configuration worked perfectly, I don't know why but in the last update the buttons were inverted without me having changed anything

amosico

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2021, 02:49:43 pm
« Reply #2664 on: October 21, 2020, 09:45:43 am »
HI Guys,
Im new here, but i got this forum because i'm looking for help !
i have 2 Alien Extermination Big Guns (USB Connected).
they work perfectly with Alien Extermination Game , FarCry Instinct Game,
i try to use DemulShooter to have Games from TeknoParrot run with the guns, i manage to run with only 1 Gun, only Player 1 is working,
also the start button in player 2 is not working as the gun2 not working..

if someone can help me to solve this issue it would be great !

Also i try to turn on the Recoil to the guns as they work for Alien Extermination and FarCry Instincts,
but i cant make the recoil work on any other game..

i download MameHooker but it dosn't recognize the guns,

the DemulShooter DIAG Tool is recognize both of my guns.

Thanks !
Amosico.

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2665 on: October 22, 2020, 01:59:11 am »
for the recoil maybe the FFB Arcade Plugin can do it fo supported titles.
https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2666 on: October 22, 2020, 10:47:45 am »
HI Guys,
Im new here, but i got this forum because i'm looking for help !
i have 2 Alien Extermination Big Guns (USB Connected).
they work perfectly with Alien Extermination Game , FarCry Instinct Game,
i try to use DemulShooter to have Games from TeknoParrot run with the guns, i manage to run with only 1 Gun, only Player 1 is working,
also the start button in player 2 is not working as the gun2 not working..

if someone can help me to solve this issue it would be great !

Also i try to turn on the Recoil to the guns as they work for Alien Extermination and FarCry Instincts,
but i cant make the recoil work on any other game..

i download MameHooker but it dosn't recognize the guns,

the DemulShooter DIAG Tool is recognize both of my guns.

Thanks !
Amosico.
Well, there are a lot of things that can go wrong and you're not giving any clue of what you tried.

1) If your guns are really recognized in Demulshooter diag tool (by really I mean, axis and buttons working fine and following your gun movements) they should work fine with the required emulator as long as DemulShooter configuration is correct for P1 and P2. By the way, and out of curiosity, I'd be pleased to read the device information file you can export (button on the right of the combobox listing all devices on DemulShooter diag tool) for one of them

2) Add a -v option in demulshooter command line you're using to play, and share the debug.txt file. This should give a few usefull information on what you're doing and what may go wrong

3) Teknoparrot is not the easiest thing to use to try DemulShooter first time. Be sure to use the exact version I last mentionned in the Wiki (I can't confirm recent versions will work, and I've heard they even recently added native lightgun support). Or use a simpler game to test demulshooter with guns (any TTX game is easy target)

4) About recoil, you can also use MameHooker debug window to check if DemulShooter is working fine and hooked your game. If you see data changing in MameHooker window (recoil, ammo, life, etc....) then DemulShooter is working as it should.

5) MameHooker not finding your devices....I can't say anything on it....I don't even know how your guns are recognized on windows (XINPUT devices ? Dinput joypad ?.....)

amosico

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2667 on: October 23, 2020, 04:01:31 am »
Hi!
Thanks for replying.

the GUNS is recognized as Dinput,
mamehooker dont see them at all,
at the Diag tool in the demulshooter i can see both of the guns.

apprentally the issue regard 2 gun is solved simply by configured in the Teknoparrot that start button of P2. that's it.

now i can play with both of the guns in all games in Teknoparrot ! :applaud:

but i'm still not able to find my guns i mamehooker, i really would like to have the recoil work on teknoparrot games.

by the way i didn't mention it before but for somereason my guns is not cover full screen, only 3/4 of screen. this is weird.
only in demulshooter it's covering the full screen. when i go to the far left it stuck before the screen end (like 4 cm ..) and also the up is the same..

in games that dont require demulshooter like Alien Extermination and FarCry Instincts the guns cover the full screen.

if someone have a solution for that i wil be more than happy  :laugh:

amosico

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2668 on: October 23, 2020, 04:04:49 am »
for the recoil maybe the FFB Arcade Plugin can do it fo supported titles.
https://github.com/Boomslangnz/FFBArcadePlugin/releases

Thank you so much ! i will give it a try and update if it works  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

amosico

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2669 on: October 23, 2020, 04:17:50 am »
so FFB also not work for me.. i try to setup it and it's say that my device is not support Recoil when i know it does.. because it works on 2 games as i mention before..

i start to got the feeling it's more complicate then it should be..  :embarassed:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2670 on: October 23, 2020, 07:50:24 am »
the GUNS is recognized as Dinput,
mamehooker dont see them at all,
[...]
but i'm still not able to find my guns i mamehooker, i really would like to have the recoil work on teknoparrot games.
As I mentionned before, I can only give you a way to know if Outputs are correctly hooked by Demulshooter, and correctly sent to MameHooker : by seeing them changing in MameHooker debug window.
I'm not the one behind MameHooker, so any hardware details on how to set your device may have better answer if asked to MameHooker's creator
I'm personally using the COM port functionnality of MameHooker (kind of custom recoil board) and I just explained XINPUT capabilities in the Demulshooter wiki for WiiMote users

apprentally the issue regard 2 gun is solved simply by configured in the Teknoparrot that start button of P2. that's it.
now i can play with both of the guns in all games in Teknoparrot ! :applaud:
Well....it sure helps to be able to start a P2 game to test P2 gun ;D

by the way i didn't mention it before but for somereason my guns is not cover full screen, only 3/4 of screen. this is weird.
only in demulshooter it's covering the full screen. when i go to the far left it stuck before the screen end (like 4 cm ..) and also the up is the same..

in games that dont require demulshooter like Alien Extermination and FarCry Instincts the guns cover the full screen.

if someone have a solution for that i wil be more than happy  :laugh:
Again, not knowing the hardware behind your games is not an easy situation but I may have a clue :
I guess they are original arcade material (as opposed to any gun/device you can buy on a any shop) and their physical potentiometers for X and Y axis are not going all the way to the theorical range the Gun controller should output.
If this is the case, you should see it easily in DemulShooter Diag window (cursor not moving to the edge), and Raw values won't match min/max theorical values.
there are 2 way to "fix" that :
1) In games like Aliens and some other supporting the option -> Run a gun calibration
2) Modifying/re-compiling DemulShooter to hardcode your real min/max values for your guns

amosico

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2671 on: October 23, 2020, 10:46:27 am »
Thanks for you answers,
regard the MameHooker i sent already message to MameHooker Creator, hope he will answer sometime soon..

regard the DemulShooter, i don't know how to hard-coded.. so this is little bit over my head..

regard the game Alien Extermination , the guns capable to use the full screen, since the guns is original Alien Extermination game and i can use the whole screen,
same with Farcry Paradise Lost, i can use the full screen...

something strange that i notify is in TeknoParrot not all games capbale to change Resulution but those who can like rambo , i play with the res and it give me more "Usable areas" on the screen, even the resulution not change at all in the game.. so in rambo i able to run from left to right 95% now insted the 70% i used to have, but not all of the games have this solution.
also i manage to change HOTD4 res to 1920X1080 and now i can move from left to right 100% but up and down i miss like 20% ..

just download Sega Golden Gun and this is the first time demulshooter not run the guns inside the game, i'm able to start the game but no response from the guns at all..  :dunno

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2672 on: October 23, 2020, 11:38:07 am »
regard the DemulShooter, i don't know how to hard-coded.. so this is little bit over my head..
Totally understandable. I'm telling you about this because a couple of arcade gun users did this so this is a known "solution".
Even if the best user-friendly thing to do would be to recode all the gun handling stuff to add custom range editing in the Demulshooter GUI and app...but that's not doable right now....

something strange that i notify is in TeknoParrot not all games capbale to change Resulution but those who can like rambo , i play with the res and it give me more "Usable areas" on the screen, even the resulution not change at all in the game.. so in rambo i able to run from left to right 95% now insted the 70% i used to have, but not all of the games have this solution.
also i manage to change HOTD4 res to 1920X1080 and now i can move from left to right 100% but up and down i miss like 20% ..
It's not strange....those game beeing arcade games, they are designed to be used in some hardcoded resolution. Because every arcade cabinet has the very same screen and the very same hardware system, same GPU capabilities (increased resolution = more GPU power needed for the same framerate)
Sometimes messing with some config files can change that but it's not a normal feature like screen size options you can find on windows games....and it's often creating display bugs (mostly where 2D sprites are not scaled anymore to the 3D resolution you changed in the config files)

On that matter, also, I'd rather not mess with the resolution if possible if you're looking for accuracy, as messing with resolution will affect DemulShooter's aiming calculation. Some games have TEST menu available (not a lot with Teknoparrot, I do totally agree with that) where you can run a gun calibration and enjoy the game at the original resolution with full gun range. Not always possible....but it's an alternative way to know about so that you can choose what suits you most

just download Sega Golden Gun and this is the first time demulshooter not run the guns inside the game, i'm able to start the game but no response from the guns at all..  :dunno
Add a little delay on your script and/or try to run DemulShooter once the game is running, not before. It looks like this can be a thing for Golden Guns
« Last Edit: October 23, 2020, 11:41:14 am by argonlefou »

amosico

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2673 on: October 23, 2020, 03:28:14 pm »
Add a little delay on your script and/or try to run DemulShooter once the game is running, not before. It looks like this can be a thing for Golden Guns
[/quote]

Holly Cow ! It Works ! Golden Gun Works using timout in my script using "Timeout /T 20" and it works !!!
thank you so much ! now i have another game thanks to your knowledge ! :)  :applaud:

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #2674 on: October 26, 2020, 07:38:49 pm »
I know this is not a demulshooter problem, but maybe here there,s some Topgun driver user:
In the newer versions of Teknoparrot, which supports rawinput, Both guns shots both players at once, in the config they shows with the same name and in the config file both have same pid and vid.
Any thought?
Anyone with Topgun driver have dual guns working?

amosico

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2675 on: October 28, 2020, 04:29:56 pm »
Hi,

unfortenatlly my SSD is corrupted so i bought a new one and installed all over again my shooting arcade machine..start from scratch.(windows and all..)
i have a weird issue, i can't hooked DemulShooter to any game (TeknoParrot or outside the Teknoparrot).. my guns just wont respond, even they respond in the DSDIAG , i config P1 and P2 in the GUI,

i can push the Start Buttons P1 and P2 to start the games, but when the first level come up the guns wont shoot or move...  :banghead:

i don't know what i've missed, but i don't know how to fix it.. if someone can help it would be great !

is there any pre-requisite installation i missed maybe?

amosico

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2676 on: October 28, 2020, 04:55:11 pm »
Ok, Found the Problem... i didn't run the DemulShooter as administrator...  ;D

sorry for the inconvenience...  :afro:

Moneyhead

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2024, 03:36:32 pm

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
« Reply #2678 on: November 02, 2020, 09:51:13 pm »
Hi Argon, I want use "FreeJoy" which is customizable gaming device HIS controller based on the STM32F103C8 microcontroller.

https://github.com/FreeJoy-Team/FreeJoyWiki/blob/master/eng/Project-description.md
https://github.com/FreeJoy-Team/FreeJoyWiki

when I configured button and analog axis, win10 control panel shows FreeJoy controller, its buttons, axis are well.
But when I load FreeJoy device on Demulshooter GUI, Only 1 button shows despite how may buttons are configured on FreeJoy Configurator program.
Axis are well shown on demulshooter Gui, but buttons are not.
Can you help me please? ;)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2679 on: November 04, 2020, 04:08:46 am »
Could you please add support for "Singe 2":
https://kangaroopunch.com/?page=Software%2F3000-2006-singe.xjs&fbclid=IwAR2eZxtVnzNR7bZWKozmVLAb6NDcVN3bpKAIDicZbavUl72N35nGW9i_00I
I just tried Singe2 and I didn't manage to start a game for P2, even though a few American Laser Games are supposed to dual player.
So if P2 is not even coded in the program, there is no way I can add support for the gun....

Hi Argon, I want use "FreeJoy" which is customizable gaming device HIS controller based on the STM32F103C8 microcontroller.

https://github.com/FreeJoy-Team/FreeJoyWiki/blob/master/eng/Project-description.md
https://github.com/FreeJoy-Team/FreeJoyWiki

when I configured button and analog axis, win10 control panel shows FreeJoy controller, its buttons, axis are well.
But when I load FreeJoy device on Demulshooter GUI, Only 1 button shows despite how may buttons are configured on FreeJoy Configurator program.
Axis are well shown on demulshooter Gui, but buttons are not.
Can you help me please? ;)
Wow, this will be hard to change that, as those devices are homemade up to the core (the driver).
You can still create a device repport in DsDiag for the device, I'll look at it but I doubt I'll be able to do a lot unfortunatelly