Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 985885 times)

lllll44

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
U use the "psmove mode" in rpcs3?
for triangle button, you need to press middle button+right mouse click.
after that you need to exit the calibration with o buttion, so you need to press left mouse button + right mouse button.

Mindwipe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 02:00:52 am
after that you need to exit the calibration with o buttion, so you need to press left mouse button + right mouse button.

Yeah, using ps move mode... It worked! Thanks.... I was trying all kinds of mouse combinations before and couldn't get it to confirm the calibration. It still didn't do it right away but I got through the calibration on Time Crisis finally. Thanks again.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
So how exactly do you use a mouse/lightgun in rpcs3?

I have never used rpcs3 before today is it normal for it to have to compile ppu modules every game? If so I might just stuck to my PS3 and move.

I'm being ignored I guess because I need a little help, oh well. Kinda used to it on this thread.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 06:47:11 pm by Jayinem »

Mindwipe

• Offline Offline
So how exactly do you use a mouse/lightgun in rpcs3?

I have never used rpcs3 before today is it normal for it to have to compile ppu modules every game? If so I might just stuck to my PS3 and move.

I'm being ignored I guess because I need a little help, oh well. Kinda used to it on this thread.

It will only compile ppu modules one time and store them on your hdd. Next time you run the game it should load a lot quicker.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Ok cool thanks for the reply. Do you know why I can't use a mouse in Time Crisis Razing Storm?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Ok cool thanks for the reply. Do you know why I can't use a mouse in Time Crisis Razing Storm?
I don't know, I'm testing now and I can't even enter, while tc4 and dsp launch normally.

I found that was a little tricky to press both buttons at once so I did this with ahk and works nice:
Code: [Select]
c::
Send {RButton Down}
Send {LButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {LButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}

v::
Send {RButton Down}
Send {MButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {MButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}

On the other hand, I was trying to get into the games sepparately, booting directly the self files, but I get blackscreen too. Anyone have tried?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
I was able to map my mouse to the control button layout, with less than perfect results. I am curious are you guys doing the same thing or are you just activating mouse in i/o? Because i tried that first and it did not work in Time Crisis Razing Storm. That's about the only game I really want to work because i already have House of the Dead 4 on Teknoparrot and House of the Dead 3 on PC.  Heck I have an actual PS3 with Move but I would prefer to play them on PC with my EMS Top Gun 3.

Maybe this method you guys came up with just doesn't work with Time Crisis Razing Storm if so that's fine I just want to know for sure.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 11:15:50 am by Jayinem »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
I succeed loading TC Razing Storm and it works as TC4 and DSP.
The only difference I get between the trhee games is in TC4, you have to choose  Motion Controller N7, in the others it's automatically selected.

My I/O config:

Keyboard Handler: Null
Camera Input: PS Eye
Move Handler: Mouse
Mouse Handler: Null
Camera Settings: Fake

What about starting this games as standalone? bypassing the launcher?

Mindwipe

• Offline Offline

I actually haven't tried Razing Storm so I have no idea.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
The only difference I get between the trhee games is in TC4, you have to choose  Motion Controller N7, in the others it's automatically selected.

My I/O config:

This seems to have helped I didn't know I was supposed to put null for mouse handler. But when I calibrate in DSP it asks to confirm setting and it shows triangle button. But I mapped triangle button to my Lightgun and it doesn't proceed it just stays there and i can't get past calibration. I've tried leaving it V keyboard button but hitting that doesn't work either.

I just realized I have the same problem in Time Crisis 4 wont let me get past calibration even though it's calibraed good.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 12:41:11 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Nevermind just had to keep trying. Thanks for the help.

In return here is my script it includes the scripts mentioned by you guys as well as nomousy if you're like me and don't want a mouse cursor in the game.  Unzip nomousy.zip and put them in the same directory as your game. It should make your mouse cursor disappear in game and reappear after game. But if you have any trouble just run nomousy.exe and the cursor will reappear.

#SingleInstance Force
run rpcs3.exe <Your Path to>\BLUS30528\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
Run nomousy.bat

q::
    MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinMove, % title, , 0, 0, % A_ScreenWidth, % A_ScreenHeight
    WinActivate, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0x40000, % title
    WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, Off, % title
}

Send {RButton Down}
Send {LButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {LButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}

Send {RButton Down}
Send {MButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {MButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}

Runwait nomousy.exe

ExitApp
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 01:22:42 pm by Jayinem »

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Does anyone know why Time Crisis 4 looks like this? Other two games look fine. I have GTX 1650 16 GB Ram.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Since we're not using Demulshooter to get these Lightgun games to work in RCPS3 I made a seperate thread to discuss it there http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,163489.0.html

lllll44

• Offline Offline

My I/O config:

There is no way that i know of to start each of them as standalone.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
Does anyone know why Time Crisis 4 looks like this? Other two games look fine. I have GTX 1650 16 GB Ram.

for time crisis 4 and the pirates game, you need to check in the gpu setting :" write color buffers"

lllll44

• Offline Offline
Nevermind just had to keep trying. Thanks for the help.

In return here is my script it includes the scripts mentioned by you guys as well as nomousy if you're like me and don't want a mouse cursor in the game.  Unzip nomousy.zip and put them in the same directory as your game. It should make your mouse cursor disappear in game and reappear after game. But if you have any trouble just run nomousy.exe and the cursor will reappear.

#SingleInstance Force
run rpcs3.exe <Your Path to>\BLUS30528\PS3_GAME\USRDIR\EBOOT.BIN
Run nomousy.bat

q::
    MouseGetPos, , , win
    maxWindow("ahk_id " win)
return

maxWindow(title) {
    WinMove, % title, , 0, 0, % A_ScreenWidth, % A_ScreenHeight
    WinActivate, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0xC00000, % title
    WinSet, Style, -0x40000, % title
    WinSet, AlwaysOnTop, Off, % title
}

Send {RButton Down}
Send {LButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {LButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}

Send {RButton Down}
Send {MButton Down}
Sleep, 60
Send {MButton Up}
Send {RButton Up}

Runwait nomousy.exe

ExitApp

hi,
 so i need to press "c" and "v" keys at the same time for the "triangle" button?
thanks.

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
Time Crisis 5 is dumped!  and It works good :applaud:

Lightgun is not supported yet. Argon, can you support TC5 in demulshooter? Thanks ;)

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
Here you go everyone my solution for Wiimotes and TC5.
Have been told it also works for Aimtrak guns as well
I imagine that Argon will come up with a better and more accurate solution, which will also hopefully include outputs
Enjoy
Ps Aimtrak users need to follow MODE 2 instructions but need to adjust for button availability.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2020, 08:29:50 pm by Tiberius »
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 01:43:59 am

Lightgun is not supported yet. Argon, can you support TC5 in demulshooter? Thanks ;)

Not sure if 2 player would work unless you had 2 PCs linked together. That said, even playing one player would be bad ass:)

hyo2012

• Offline Offline

Not sure if 2 player would work unless you had 2 PCs linked together. That said, even playing one player would be bad ass:)

Not to metion 2player, 1 player with lightgun like aimtrak is not playable at this point. Only mouse works.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 09:47:33 am
Here you go everyone my solution for Wiimotes and TC5.
Have been told it also works for Aimtrak guns as well
I imagine that Argon will come up with a better and more accurate solution, which will also hopefully include outputs
Enjoy
For now, unfortunatelly not. I had the chance to take a look at the game month ago and droped it :it's hell to modify (64bits unreal engine core, just like a modern computer game, etc...).
Controls, display, window detection.... everything is troublesome. I may add a dirty support that will work for Aimtrak user, and only in full screen. Better than nothing, but I'm still not sure.

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
Any news about demulshotter on time crisis 5?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Sorry Argon wasn't trying to put you on the spot with that post.
[...]
Don't be sorry ! I'm glad that someone came up with an alternative way to use lightgun/wiimotes  :applaud:

Nowaday games (I mean games created after ~2010) will be more and more difficult to hack because of the way they are coded :
Old arcade games had hardware limitation and it was very easy to follow the 2 or 4 bits lenght data.
Modern computer games are created from AAA 3D engines (unreal engine and so on) on 64bits architecture, with dome screen (Lost Land Adventure) or other particular stuff.  :-[
It's the common point of all the games I left behind so far :
- Blue Estate
- Buck Hunt Pc
- Time Crisis 5

Any news about demulshotter on time crisis 5?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk
Yes, in my last answer, 3 messages up
« Last Edit: August 31, 2020, 04:02:28 am by argonlefou »

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
The same trick works for Lost Land Adventure as well..... It makes the cursor controllable but it still does the weird dome stuff and of course is only one player
Well only one player here due to hardware limitations and I know you have said LLA isn't doable before so not trying to suggest it would magically be possible now
Just letting people know there are workarounds, they aren't perfect and it isn't calibrated but it is playable whereas before it wasn't.
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yes, both game are sharing the same engine :)
LLA is (little) less obsure on handling axis, but buttons handling is still a mess to decrypt.
But that's more a problem of arithmetic calculations (when I said "not doable") to transform linear coordinates (lightgun or wiimote) to a sperical coordinates for the dome, so that your lightgun can aim precisely.
It's not really "not doable", as any good mathematician would easilly play with this, but that added with all the rest (buttons, 64bits hack)...too much time consumming for a not-that-enjoyable experience in the end

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
:( that sucks, I couldn't get Tiberius' workaround to work with my EMS Top Gun 3 either. This is the #1 Lightgun game I have been looking forward to and now I might not be able to use a Lightgun. To me a Lightgun game can't be played with a controller or mouse it needs a Lightgun. 

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 07:51:10 am
:( that sucks, I couldn't get Tiberius' workaround to work with my EMS Top Gun 3 either. This is the #1 Lightgun game I have been looking forward to and now I might not be able to use a Lightgun. To me a Lightgun game can't be played with a controller or mouse it needs a Lightgun.

What didn't work for you? I used his solution and it was playable.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline

What didn't work for you? I used his solution and it was playable.

What kind of gun do you have? I followed all the directions, and it didn't work at all. EMS Top Gun 3.  I even redownloaded the game with clean files and followed the directions a 2nd time it still did not work.

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2508 on: September 01, 2020, 11:47:17 am »
Using Demulshooter v 10.31.3.0 with Teknoparrot (393).

I've got all my Teknoparrot light gun games working with Demulshooter, except for Sega Golden Gun.

Attached is my debug log. Looks like my RingGunR_RingWide.exe matches hash, but then there are memory read errors. No movement or button actions in game.

Any suggestions or assistance appreciated,

Hi Headrush69
Did you manage to get this working? I only ask as I was messing around with some bits the other day and my version had stopped working.

Still getting that meory error issue and my previous work around didn't work-grrrrr!!!!

However after lots and lots of trial and error I found another work around - this time I opened the game and then opened Demulshooter - YIPPEE it works, and I remembered you were having issues so thought I would put it on here just in case.

Gave it a few goes and it hooked every time - still get the same memory reading/writing issues which appear to be related to button offset but it works.

Issue with MameHooker and Outputs though, the only one that I couldn't get to work was damage which is rather annoying as that is the one I normally set to vibrate on my Wiimote but I can cope without that.

Cheers

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #2509 on: September 02, 2020, 11:39:49 am »
DemulShooter v10.1.4 :
- Preliminary support for Time Crisis 5 (you must use DemulShooterX64.exe)

This is a dirty quick release, only tested with my Aimtrak on my 1080p display.
Used with TC5 raw exe, no Jconfig used (I didn't test it with Jconfig, it may work ? Or not ? I don't know)
What I do know is that it should enable your Aimtrak to aim precisely, and no inputs re blocked for buttons (meaning mouse and keyboard buttons will still act as they should do, including Aimtrak "mouse" button for Trigger)

Important :

- Only X and Y axis are handled. Set up buttons with TC5 config files and/or AHK as you wish. By default Aimtraks triggers will work as it should (yes, plural....any mouse plugged to the computer will Trigger....I don't care it's 1P game)
- Only fullscreen supported (and with the game actually taking the whole screen, no black bars). Aim would not be good otherwise. Same thing for windowed mode.....
- .... But you can still mess with TC5 config file to change full screen resolution (should work)
- I don't know how Wiimotes/Gamepad/Joystick are reacting. May be bugged, may be working. I don't know...
- No wiki updates or code for now, I don't have acces to all of these

There should be bug, feel free to repport any comment, but I won't be able to do anything more before a few weeks.
Worst case, there is still Tiberius tutorial to play the game.
Enjoy !
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 12:51:15 pm by argonlefou »

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
« Reply #2510 on: September 02, 2020, 12:13:00 pm »
Thanks so much!

I'm using -target=windows -rom=TC5 but it's not working. Is that the right rom name?

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2511 on: September 02, 2020, 12:41:02 pm »
Thanks so much!

I'm using -target=windows -rom=TC5 but it's not working. Is that the right rom name?

demulshooterX64.exe -target=es3 -rom=tc5

Thanks Argon!

2huwman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2023, 03:33:32 am
« Reply #2512 on: September 02, 2020, 12:45:26 pm »
Thanks so much!

demulshooterX64.exe -target=es3 -rom=tc5

Thanks Argon!

Thanks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2513 on: September 02, 2020, 12:51:46 pm »
Sorry, I forgot to mention it (DemulshooterX64.exe). Original post modified  :P

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2514 on: September 02, 2020, 01:07:00 pm »
Thank you soo much...will try with a dolphin bar and will update.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2515 on: September 02, 2020, 01:23:40 pm »
Hi...my target in the shortcut file look like this:
 "D:\Emulators\Teknoparrot_Games\Time Crisis 5\TC5\Binaries\Win64\DemulShooterX64.exe" -target=es3 -rom=tc5
but the game wont open..
what am i doing wrong?
thanks.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2516 on: September 02, 2020, 01:45:58 pm »
Just tested Time crisis 5  with a wiimote + dolphin bar...works perfect!
no calibration needed.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2517 on: September 02, 2020, 06:12:25 pm »
Whole right side of the screen is cut off for me when i use Demulshooter. When I run DXdiag the gun points all over the screen and it acts as a mouse when you're not in a game and i can go anywhere on the screen. It is only in game. :(
« Last Edit: September 02, 2020, 07:10:21 pm by Jayinem »

ark216

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
« Reply #2518 on: September 02, 2020, 07:22:25 pm »
Just tested Time crisis 5  with a wiimote + dolphin bar...works perfect!
no calibration needed.
In mode 4 along with touch mote?

gtavccat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2022, 08:25:49 pm
« Reply #2519 on: September 03, 2020, 09:04:53 am »
I found my mouse device in DsDiag.exe, but the cursor is locked in the upper left corner and cannot move
Does anyone know why? :D