Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 971849 times)

punkdark2000

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi Argon, I know you already said that you are not working on anything related to Lost Land, but would it be possible to see to create an option to play with Light Guns even if it is only for 1 player? A mouse option like Rawinput or something.

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
I tried to play with demul (confidential mission) and it lost every time the buttons for player 2. Is it a problem about new updates of demulshooter?

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
I need some help with Dolphin the first time I ever tried Dolphin with my EMS Top Gun 3 the games were calibrated fine. But I got a steering wheel and changed the controls and now the calibration is totally off. I am only using 1 player. I tried to install an additional version of Dolphin and made it portable, re-did the Demulshooter GUI onto the Wiimote cfg and it's still horrible. Is it not possible to use the Wiimote cfg when you have Dolphin portable? I don't want to screw up all my controls for my steering wheel which took a long time too, so it makes it near impossible to have them in the same location in documents. But I'm not even sure if that's the issue. I just know the calibration is way off and I didn't have this problem in the beginning.

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
So does Demulshooter not even come into effect for player 1, only for player 2 on Dolphin? I remember when it was working originally I didn't even do the config using Demulshooter GUI. Even if so, how do you decrease the gun sensitivity? I know it's one of the motion options in the control options, but I'm not sure how to do it exactly. Any little move and it flies from one screen to another it didn't use to be like that.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:21:46 am
Hi Argon, I know you already said that you are not working on anything related to Lost Land, but would it be possible to see to create an option to play with Light Guns even if it is only for 1 player? A mouse option like Rawinput or something.
Unfortunatelly, no.
The issue here is not the number of players, it's the process to transform linear axis in a plane surface (your screen) to a 3D circular coordinates corresponding to the curved screen in the arcade.
And to be clear, I'm not saying this is not a possible thing to do, but I can't afford to spend time for these kind of maths (knowing that just finding the proper formula will require a lot of tests => a lot of time)
So if I could add mouse support for P1......it would be available for P2 as well

I tried to play with demul (confidential mission) and it lost every time the buttons for player 2. Is it a problem about new updates of demulshooter?
I'm sorry but I don't understand your problem  :(

I need some help with Dolphin the first time I ever tried Dolphin with my EMS Top Gun 3 the games were calibrated fine. But I got a steering wheel and changed the controls and now the calibration is totally off. I am only using 1 player. I tried to install an additional version of Dolphin and made it portable, re-did the Demulshooter GUI onto the Wiimote cfg and it's still horrible. Is it not possible to use the Wiimote cfg when you have Dolphin portable?
The GUI is just creating/copying the WiimoteNew.ini file inside the \My Documents\Dolphin EMulator\Config\ folder.
Of course having a portable version will require you to move those files from the default folder to your portable config folder....

So does Demulshooter not even come into effect for player 1, only for player 2 on Dolphin? I remember when it was working originally I didn't even do the config using Demulshooter GUI. Even if so, how do you decrease the gun sensitivity? I know it's one of the motion options in the control options, but I'm not sure how to do it exactly. Any little move and it flies from one screen to another it didn't use to be like that.
DemulShooter is acting on both Players with Dolphin.
As or sensitivity, I don't know at all, never used that

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm

So I run demul standalone with confidential mission and I will remap buttons for P1 and p2.

Save and close.

Then I will run demul through frontend attract mode / rocketlaunchr, still with confidential mission.

Buttons keys for player 2 are differente Thant when I assign in stand alone mode. So I can't go forward in calibrate mode for P2 (start p2 assign to nothing)

I don't know if is a problem provide by rocketlaunchr, but it strange some time ago it works very well. Buh.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

So I run demul standalone with confidential mission and I will remap buttons for P1 and p2.

Save and close.

Then I will run demul through frontend attract mode / rocketlaunchr, still with confidential mission.

Buttons keys for player 2 are differente Thant when I assign in stand alone mode. So I can't go forward in calibrate mode for P2 (start p2 assign to nothing)

I don't know if is a problem provide by rocketlaunchr, but it strange some time ago it works very well. Buh.

DemulShooter is not used to set Demul controller buttons, so I still don't see why it would be related....

Question to argonlefou :  sera-t-il possible d'avoir également la possibilité d'avoir le clic gauche (déclencheur par défaut) dans les options des boutons virtuels. je veux coder quelque chose pour améliorer l'expérience de jeu.  thanks!     :laugh:
Here it is :

DemulShooter v10.1.3
- Added an option to set a virtual LeftMouse button for mouse controllers in DemulShooter_GUI.exe

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
Yeah I moved the config to the new folder of Dolphin, didn't help. I guess I'm going to have to play these lightgun games on my Wii U.

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
Hey Argon, just wondering if there is an updated version of the HOTD4 mouse fix? Previously I was running teknoparrot version 226 with your fix but I am trying to run it at 1080p now and I can see that the mouse fix doesn't work with the latest teknoparrot, my gaming is slightly off to the right.

ark216

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
Hello @argonlefou,

i just tried the newest version 10.1.1 and also discover the new GUI.

i setup my 2 wiimotes  and i can see  that i can move my cursors and i also test buttons  (A & B of each wiimotes are runing fine here).

What i don't understand, is why i can't shoot/reload in game when i test SGG ?  (my wiimotes are not xinput devices. they are seen as mices.

I also tried Ninjas Assault on Demul but i have this old weird issue where  i can't shoot but  i heard i am reloading rather than shooting.....

i can't remember  what i did to avoid this behaviour in the pas whith this particular game.  if anyone know .   :)

test i have done from my side :

Demul plugin DX11 (old and new)
rom ninjaslt and ninjasltu
option noresize (with & without)...

thx
This is weird....is it only happening with SGG and Ninjaslt ?
By the way, you can rule out DX11 plugin and -noresize  options, they have nothing to do with this.
And I know for sure now that Ninjasltu is working great with Gamepad (WiiMotes Xinput, etc...)because I recently fixed this bug.

Rumble is an integral part of the experience (even if it was not perfect). I would like to see it come back. I double clicked the GUI file i get a drop down list filled with HID VID something, can't spot my wii motes in there.
I do totally agree with you, and you should know that I'm not usually doing things without a reason  ;) So let's start with a short line : you can still enjoy rumble, and way better rumble  than in the past. But it now requires a bit of tweaking.
Now, let me explain and detail what was summarized in "big" ChangeLog from the update :
Before, I was using Xinput driver capability to set rumble to just activate the rumble when the Xinput device button for the trigger was pressed. Dumb but I had no time to do better.
Now, I'm not controlling output status of the device anymore (I'm not even using Xinput anymore, but low-level system handling which allow me now to accept other joypad). Instead, I'm broadcasting "MAME-like output messages" for each games and this means that MAME Hooker can get them.
This is greatly improving outputs handling as you can acces Autofire recoil, no rcoil when the  game doen't want to, etc.....and anyone can now use MAME Hooker to do whatever they want with the outputs status : Controlling Lamps, Recoils, Motors, rumble a controller, etc....
I'm basically giving anyone the oppurtunity to choose from a wide range of outputs to do what they want.....but this comes at a price : a little tweaking
You should first have a read at my Outputs Wiki Section, I do not know if this is explicit enough but I'd be glad to improve it according to the feedbacks I could get.

Now, back to your WiiMote : it's not 100% equivalent, but I'm using a Sony DS3 with the very same TouchMote driver (which is transforming it in a Xinput gamepad). So I'm using it to have a quick overview of what you should notice with a TouchMote
The good thing is, MAME Hooker supports Xinput controller very well to enable the rumble.
So the first thing to do is to have a look at MAME Hooker Tutorials to start learning the software (it's very simple for our needs in fact)
I'm not sure I want to write a full MAME Hooker guide but theses hints should be enough :
1) Run MAME Hooker before DemulShooter
2) If you just bring MAME Hooker window on screen (it's on the systray by default), without doing anythng eles, you should see Outputs status moving when demulshooter and the game are running. MEaning you can know if everything is running fine
3) From here you can use MAME Hooker script Editor to change the default.ini, or each game .ini separatlety, to activate the rumble with this command (for example, using the P1_CtmRecoil output status):
Code: [Select]
P1_CtmRecoil=xip 1 %s%where xip is the command to activate Xinput Rumble, 1 is the Xinput device number (from 1 to 4) and %s% is mandatory for the rumble to be activated by the output.
4)You'll also have to use DemulShooter_GUI.exe, Outputs tab, to play with the duration of the rumble pulse for the recoil. You'll fell what's going on when trying single fire/ automatic fire games if the delay is too large or too short
5) Very Important : do not use XIP command for more than 1 command in MAME Hooker or only the last one will work and overwrite all others. This means you can't use a command to rumble for a shot and when you got hit. This is tied to MAME Hooker way of working.

I know this is new and not very well written here but I'd be glad to answer various questions about this
It would be best if you write a seperate guide, i did read the mame hooker tutorials but it was gotten me a bit confused. If you can kindly write a guide step-by-step, that would be great.

Kierdo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2023, 01:40:42 am
Hi,

My question is about Dolphin and last update of Demulshooter.

All my games work perfectly, but Atrack of the Movies 3D has a problem.
Player 1 is perdect, but I can not Reload with player 2.

I followed all the steps on demulshooter's wiki, but I don't know what to do.
Player 2 is working well with other games, I can reload, move, shot... but with this one I can not reload.

Do you know why is this hapening?

Thanks!!!

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 26, 2023, 05:19:21 pm
Hi, first of all, many thanks for your app and help.  :cheers:

Now. I'm having a strange issue. I'm running Windows 7 32 bits and have a mouse and a touchpad on my laptop. Both exes are set to run as admin.
In DsDiag both devices work as intended, showing the RawInput data. But when I start DemulShooter_GUI, the mouse pointer get's stuck at the upper left corner and I can't move it. It happens also ingame.
I already tried disconnecting each device, reinstall drivers, set apps in compatibily modes etc...

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
It would be best if you write a seperate guide, i did read the mame hooker tutorials but it was gotten me a bit confused. If you can kindly write a guide step-by-step, that would be great.
Unfortunatelly, I can't afford to write a full detailed guide right now, I lack time. On top of that, there are tons of information already available to work with MAME Hooker and the software's author is an active member of this community.

You already have all the information on my quoted post, you just need to put everything together

A full illustrated guide may end up on day on the Wiki but not before a few weeks/months

Hi,

Player 2 is working well with other games, I can reload, move, shot... but with this one I can not reload.

Thanks!!!
Did it work with previous releases (before 10.0) ?

Hi, first of all, many thanks for your app and help.  :cheers:

Now. I'm having a strange issue. I'm running Windows 7 32 bits and have a mouse and a touchpad on my laptop. Both exes are set to run as admin.
In DsDiag both devices work as intended, showing the RawInput data. But when I start DemulShooter_GUI, the mouse pointer get's stuck at the upper left corner and I can't move it. It happens also ingame.
I already tried disconnecting each device, reinstall drivers, set apps in compatibily modes etc...
This is no strange issue, this is perfectly normal :
In DsDiag, you have device data on the screen but there is also a cursor moving on screen (displayed if your device is compatible). So no cursor in DsDiag = No moving cursor in Demulshooter_GUI.
Simple regular mouse or touchpad are not compatible devices.

Kierdo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2023, 01:40:42 am
Hi,

Thanks!!!

No, after checking other versions, it didn't work. I am using 2 aimtrak lightguns with the system. Do you know if it's possible to "create" a reload system for player 2 with this game?

Many thanks!!!

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
This is no strange issue, this is perfectly normal :
In DsDiag, you have device data on the screen but there is also a cursor moving on screen (displayed if your device is compatible). So no cursor in DsDiag = No moving cursor in Demulshooter_GUI.
Simple regular mouse or touchpad are not compatible devices.

Ah. Ok. Thanks for your answer. I have a pair i Actlabs guns on my cab but just wanted to test it on my laptop first.

Merci beaucoup  :cheers:

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
Btw.: ark216. What do you want to know about mamehooker? What exactly do you want hook up, lights? Solenoids?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Hi,

Thanks!!!

I have not tried last Demukshooter versions, but I ever had problems with Dolphin's 2nd player, using crt guns.
In Fast draw shodown or bick buck hunter, where you have to reload constantly, shooting offscreen in my case, p2 doesnt work as good as p1

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Hi,

Thanks!!!

No, after checking other versions, it didn't work. I am using 2 aimtrak lightguns with the system. Do you know if it's possible to "create" a reload system for player 2 with this game?

Many thanks!!!

I did the test with the 2 guns in this game and it is working, including the reload of player 2. It is working normally.

ark216

• Offline Offline
Btw.: ark216. What do you want to know about mamehooker? What exactly do you want hook up, lights? Solenoids?

FFB/Vibration for my wiimotes that i am using with demulshooter. The latest demulshooter version have a different way of activating FFB via mamehooker. I read the links that he provided and i did some testing i was not able to generate FFB/vibration for my wiimotes.

ark216

• Offline Offline
I tried demulshooter with Model2 Emulator (VCOP2) surprisingly only one wiimote is working and the other one is not!
Can someone point me out what could have gone wrong?

Sky25es

• Offline Offline
FFB/Vibration for my wiimotes that i am using with demulshooter. The latest demulshooter version have a different way of activating FFB via mamehooker. I read the links that he provided and i did some testing i was not able to generate FFB/vibration for my wiimotes.

Did you test your wiimotes with mamehooker ?
Start mamehooker, click on «SysTray»,  «Test», «Browse», «Wiimote Output» and set as output «Rumble».

If they work, start first mamehooker, then demulshooter and finally the game. After that, close the game and click the mamehooker icon on your taskbar.
If mamehooker displays some outputs, click on «Script editor» and edit your game's ini. Alternatively you can open your inis folder located inside your mamehooker folder, and edit the ini file manually with notepad or wordpad.
Search inside the file something like «recoil_gun1=» (just an example) and add your wiimote's command options:«recoil_gun1=wii 1 5 %$%».
«wii» is your device, «1» is your wiimote # (a second wiimote would be: 2), «5» means rumble (1,2,3 and 4 are leds. Remember the test mode) and «%$%» means that the rumble function turns on and off depending on the output state that the game (or demulshooter) sends: on/off.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I tried demulshooter with Model2 Emulator (VCOP2) surprisingly only one wiimote is working and the other one is not!
A lot of things.....model2 version ? model2 ini file ? demulshooter's debug output ?
No one will be able to help you without details

Start mamehooker, click on «SysTray»,  «Test», «Browse», «Wiimote Output» and set as output «Rumble».
I guess ark216 is using WiiMotes with TouchMote (WiiMotes as Xinput devices) as he was using the Xinput rumble settings in the past releases of DemulShooter.
In that case, it should be better to use :
«SysTray»,  «Test», «Browse», «Xinput(Xbox360) Force Feedback».

Just like in this tutorial : http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=mhsetup
At chapter 5. Testing Devices
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:32:02 am by argonlefou »

ark216

• Offline Offline
A lot of things.....model2 version ? model2 ini file ? demulshooter's debug output ?
No one will be able to help you without details

I guess ark216 is using WiiMotes with TouchMote (WiiMotes as Xinput devices) as he was using the Xinput rumble settings in the past releases of DemulShooter.
In that case, it should be better to use :
«SysTray»,  «Test», «Browse», «Xinput(Xbox360) Force Feedback».

Just like in this tutorial : http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/static.php?page=mhsetup
At chapter 5. Testing Devices

Using Model 2 Emulator Version 1.1a.

What do you mean by Demulshooter output debug?

The ini file is as follows:

[Renderer]
SoftwareVertexProcessing=0   

Wireframe=0         ;Disables polygon filling (for debug purposes, don't change)
FakeGouraud=0         ;Tries to guess Per-vertex colour (gouraud) from the Model2 per-poly information (flat)
Bilinear=1         ;Enables bilinear filtering of textures
Trilinear=0         ;Enables mipmap usage and trilinear filtering (doesn't work with some games, DoA for example)
FilterTilemaps=0      ;Enables bilinear filtering on tilemaps (looks good, but can cause some stretch artifacts)
ForceManaged=0         ;Forces the DX driver to use Managed textures instead of Dynamic. Use it if the emulator
            ;crashes after loading or doesn't show anything
ForceSync=1
FullScreenWidth=1920
FullScreenHeight=1080

AutoMip=0         ;Enables Direct3D Automipmap generation
MeshTransparency=0      ;Enabled meshed polygons for translucency. Requires PS3.0
DrawCross=0         ;Show Crosshair in gun games
GammaR=1.0         ;Per Component Gamma correction (1.0 = no correction). Red
GammaG=1.0         ;Green
GammaB=1.0         ;Blue

WideScreenWindow=0      ;Set widescreen in windows mode: 0 - 4:3, 1 - 16:9, 2 - 16:10
FSAA=1            ;Enable full screen antialiasing in Direct3D

;These options are configured from menus so don't touch
FullMode=1   
Sound=1
Frameskip=-1
AutoFull=1
Filter=1577058398

[Input]
XInput=1         ;Enable support for Xbox360 compatible devices
EnableFF=0         ;Enable Force Feedback Effects
HoldGears=0         ;Set to 1 to return to Neutral in driving games when the gear shift key is released
UseRawInput=1         ;Read mouse through Rawinput, allowing 2 mice
RawDevP1=1         ;Assign specific RawInput devices to players. If you have more than 2 mice
RawDevP2=2         ;set which one is assigned to each player (0-based)

;FORCE EFFECTS PARAMETERS
;FE_CENTERING Effect (Spring centering effect)
FE_CENTERING_Gain=0.5      ;Global gain
FE_CENTERING_Coefficient=10000   ;0-10000
FE_CENTERING_Saturation=10000   ;0-10000
FE_CENTERING_Deadband=1000   ;10%

;FE_CLUTCH Effect (Friction, wheel turn hardness)
FE_CLUTCH_Gain=1.0      ;Global gain
FE_CLUTCH_Coefficient=10000   ;0-10000

;FE_LEFT,FE_RIGHT (Constant force in a direction)
FE_LEFT_Gain=1.0      ;Global gain
FE_LEFT_Magnitude=10000      ;0-10000
FE_RIGHT_Gain=1.0      ;Global gain
FE_RIGHT_Magnitude=10000   ;0-10000

;FE_UNCENTERING (Sine force, wave the wheel, rumble)
FE_UNCENTERING_Gain=1.0      ;Global gain
FE_UNCENTERING_Magnitude=10000   ;0-10000
FE_UNCENTERING_Offset=-200
FE_UNCENTERING_Phase=0
FE_UNCENTERING_Period=56000

As per your suggestions in mamehooker i will test and and let you know the results.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 10:36:12 am by ark216 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

[...]

[Input]
HoldGears=0         ;Set to 1 to return to Neutral in driving games when the gear shift key is released
RawDevP1=1         ;Assign specific RawInput devices to players. If you have more than 2 mice

[...]
https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Model2 :
Usage :

1. Download and unzip latest version (http://nebula.emulatronia.com/downloadgw.php?get=m2emulator.zip)

2. Edit the file EMULATOR.INI to make sure that RawInput is disabled :
        UseRawInput=0

[...]
I think this could help

I mean the debug.txt file that is created when you run DemulShooter with a -v parameter
It might be helpfull to debug when people have trouble.

ark216

• Offline Offline

[...]

[Input]

[...]
https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Model2 :
Usage :

1. Download and unzip latest version (http://nebula.emulatronia.com/downloadgw.php?get=m2emulator.zip)

2. Edit the file EMULATOR.INI to make sure that RawInput is disabled :
        UseRawInput=0

[...]
I think this could help
This did not help, setting RawInput=0 the cursor did not move at all neither did it shoot on my wiimotes, only the mouse worked (used a single mouse)..

I mean the debug.txt file that is created when you run DemulShooter with a -v parameter
It might be helpfull to debug when people have trouble.

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
 Are you using mode 4 or mode 2 on the Wiibar. I know you have been using both at different times.
With the ini set as per the Wiki guide both wiimotes work here with the Wiibar as mode 4
I did have an issue at the start but the debug file showed that Demulshooter wasn't binding with the emulator.... That was from user error from a lazy set up with the previous version. But once I set it up correctly it all works fine.

By the way thank you Argonlefou for this version and for helping out when I had the Demulshooter not loading issue.

Actually the new version made me go through and make a lot of changes for the better and streamline the whole process.

Having never used anything like ahk or bat files before and knowing how much I struggled with them at the start having read and re-read and re-re-read numerous guides it's amazing the improvements I have made and the versions I am making (well hacking together from other people's work) now.
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

ark216

• Offline Offline
Are you using mode 4 or mode 2 on the Wiibar. I know you have been using both at different times.
With the ini set as per the Wiki guide both wiimotes work here with the Wiibar as mode 4
I did have an issue at the start but the debug file showed that Demulshooter wasn't binding with the emulator.... That was from user error from a lazy set up with the previous version. But once I set it up correctly it all works fine.

By the way thank you Argonlefou for this version and for helping out when I had the Demulshooter not loading issue.

Actually the new version made me go through and make a lot of changes for the better and streamline the whole process.

Having never used anything like ahk or bat files before and knowing how much I struggled with them at the start having read and re-read and re-re-read numerous guides it's amazing the improvements I have made and the versions I am making (well hacking together from other people's work) now.

For now i am sticking to mode 4 (actually mostly to mode 4). One wiimote is working while the other one is not. That one also only works if i have set RawInput=1, whereas the Demulshooter guide tells it to set RawInput=0.

How do i generate a debug file?
EDIT: NVM, reading how to generate the debug file on the tutorials. Will do that and post it here.
EDIT: Attaching my debug file, i had to set RawInput=1, else none of the wiimotes were being detected. I found out that wiimote 2 fire and reloads but the cursor does not move at all.
I just attached the file and it wont as it says the file is simply to large i will copy/paste and post a part of the portion of file here below if it could be of any help to you guys:

01:27:26.866255 :
01:27:26.869247 : ---------------- Program Start -- DemulShooter v8.8.4.0 ----------------
01:27:26.869247 : P1 device = XInput Gamepad #1
01:27:26.869247 : P1 Gamepad ID = 0
01:27:26.870246 : P2 device = XInput Gamepad #2
01:27:26.870246 : P2 Gamepad ID = 1
01:27:26.870246 : P3 device =
01:27:26.871243 : P3 Device Handle = 0
01:27:26.871243 : P4 device =
01:27:26.871243 : P4 Device Handle = 0
01:27:26.872239 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=model2m
01:27:26.872239 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=vcop2
01:27:26.872239 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
01:27:26.925103 : Waiting for Model2 vcop2 game to hook.....
01:27:38.045117 : Attached to Process emulator_multicpu.exe, ProcessHandle = 1404
01:27:38.046113 : emulator_multicpu.exe = 0x00400000
01:27:38.046113 : Calculated address 1 = 0x0139B020
01:27:39.047878 : Controls memory base address = 03169218
01:27:39.048828 : Memory Hack complete !
01:27:39.048828 : -
01:27:39.048828 : Gamepad #0 data (Hex) = [ 8000, 8000 ]
01:27:39.048828 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.049825 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.049825 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.050803 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.050803 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.050803 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.050803 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.050803 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0190, 012C ]
01:27:39.051799 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.051799 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
01:27:39.051799 : -
01:27:39.052798 : Gamepad #1 data (Hex) = [ 8000, 8000 ]
01:27:39.052798 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.052798 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.052798 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.052798 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.052798 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.052798 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.053794 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.053794 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0190, 012C ]
01:27:39.053794 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.053794 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
01:27:39.053794 : -
01:27:39.053794 : Gamepad #0 data (Hex) = [ 8000, 8000 ]
01:27:39.053794 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.053794 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.053794 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.053794 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.054817 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.054817 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.054817 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.054817 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0190, 012C ]
01:27:39.054817 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 400, 300 ]
01:27:39.054817 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
01:27:39.054817 : -
01:27:39.054817 : Gamepad #1 data (Hex) = [ 0190, 012C ]
01:27:39.054817 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.054817 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 4, 2 ]
01:27:39.055814 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 4, 2 ]
01:27:39.055814 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.055814 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.055814 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.055814 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.055814 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0004, 0002 ]
01:27:39.055814 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 4, 2 ]
01:27:39.055814 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
01:27:39.055814 : -
01:27:39.055814 : Gamepad #0 data (Hex) = [ 0190, 012C ]
01:27:39.056811 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.056811 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 4, 2 ]
01:27:39.056811 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 4, 2 ]
01:27:39.056811 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.056811 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.056811 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.056811 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.056811 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0004, 0002 ]
01:27:39.056811 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 4, 2 ]
01:27:39.056811 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
01:27:39.057809 : -
01:27:39.057809 : Gamepad #1 data (Hex) = [ 0004, 0002 ]
01:27:39.057809 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.057809 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.057809 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.057809 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.057809 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.057809 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.057809 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.057809 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
01:27:39.057809 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.058805 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
01:27:39.058805 : -
01:27:39.058805 : Gamepad #0 data (Hex) = [ 0004, 0002 ]
01:27:39.058805 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.058805 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.058805 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.058805 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.058805 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.058805 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.058805 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.058805 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
01:27:39.059804 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.059804 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
01:27:39.059804 : -
01:27:39.059804 : Gamepad #1 data (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
01:27:39.059804 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.059804 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.059804 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.059804 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.059804 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.059804 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.059804 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.060813 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
01:27:39.060813 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.060813 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
01:27:39.060813 : -
01:27:39.060813 : Gamepad #0 data (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
01:27:39.060813 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 800x600 ]
01:27:39.060813 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.060813 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.060813 : Model2 window resolution = 800x600
01:27:39.060813 : Model2 real resolution address = 0x095E6320
01:27:39.060813 : Model2 render resolution = 0x0
01:27:39.061798 : Automatic resolution detection failed, using old game scaling method
01:27:39.061798 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 0000 ]
01:27:39.061798 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 0 ]
01:27:39.061798 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 04:43:01 pm by ark216 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
For now i am sticking to mode 4 (actually mostly to mode 4). One wiimote is working while the other one is not. That one also only works if i have set RawInput=1, whereas the Demulshooter guide tells it to set RawInput=0.
Are you aware that you're using DemulShooter v8.8.4.0 whereas the Wiki is made for DemulShooter v10.1.2 ?? (you remember me asking for details when you said you have trouble ?.....well this is an important one !!)
That Xinput/Joypad handling was totally changed from v8 to v10 ?
And that Model2 support totally changed from v8 to v10 (so yes, rawinput=1 was needed for older release)?
You can't say no to any of these questions, as you've had some help here before v10 was released ...which means you had to see those important points written here with the release published, on the wiki, in the changelog file in the zip package or on DemulShooter github release page !

So, no disrespect here but people can't do everything for you, especially if you're not paying attention and read carefully what is written (be it here, on the Wiki, or in the changelog)

DemulShooter, as userfriendly as I'm trying to do it, will never be a simple click-plug-and-play app, there is still a few things to do and you'll have to work your way to understand how everything is working. Especially with WiiMotes (mode 2, mode 4 or whatever, TouchMote or not etc.....) as I don't own any and I can't help you preciselly with them.
I'd be glad to help anyone to set-up things, but for now I'm not  even sure you understood the basics so I'll stick to that part if you have any questions.
When you'll be able to master the device selection/configuration with v10 and the mamehooker rumble test, you'll be able to slowly work your way to real usage. As I usually (often) say....baby steps

PS:
As debug files can grow fast, it's best to zip them and share them via any file sharing website (or as attachment to your message)
That way I can look at all the data
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 06:26:07 pm by argonlefou »

ethik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 23, 2020, 03:31:17 am
Hi thanks a lot for this project.

I am trying to get 2 wiimotes set up with House of the Dead 4 using Teknoparrot, touchmote, and DemulShooter_v10.1.3.

I made a shortcut to DemulShooter.exe with -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4 and ran it as an administrator.

I changed the game settings recommended on the wiki here: https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Lindbergh

I set the wiimotes (labeled xbox 360 controllers) as player 1 and player 2 in the DemulShooter GUI.

Once the game launches I use the keyboard to start the game but I cant shoot using the wiimotes once in game.

Do I use the default profile for Touchmote?
Do I need to set the controls for left click, right click, and middle click in TeknoParrot?
Is it okay to use Teknoparrot 1.0.0.393?
Am I missing a key step or doing something wrong here?

Thanks a lot

ark216

• Offline Offline
Are you aware that you're using DemulShooter v8.8.4.0 whereas the Wiki is made for DemulShooter v10.1.2 ?? (you remember me asking for details when you said you have trouble ?.....well this is an important one !!)
That Xinput/Joypad handling was totally changed from v8 to v10 ?
And that Model2 support totally changed from v8 to v10 (so yes, rawinput=1 was needed for older release)?
You can't say no to any of these questions, as you've had some help here before v10 was released ...which means you had to see those important points written here with the release published, on the wiki, in the changelog file in the zip package or on DemulShooter github release page !

So, no disrespect here but people can't do everything for you, especially if you're not paying attention and read carefully what is written (be it here, on the Wiki, or in the changelog)

DemulShooter, as userfriendly as I'm trying to do it, will never be a simple click-plug-and-play app, there is still a few things to do and you'll have to work your way to understand how everything is working. Especially with WiiMotes (mode 2, mode 4 or whatever, TouchMote or not etc.....) as I don't own any and I can't help you preciselly with them.
I'd be glad to help anyone to set-up things, but for now I'm not  even sure you understood the basics so I'll stick to that part if you have any questions.
When you'll be able to master the device selection/configuration with v10 and the mamehooker rumble test, you'll be able to slowly work your way to real usage. As I usually (often) say....baby steps

PS:
As debug files can grow fast, it's best to zip them and share them via any file sharing website (or as attachment to your message)
That way I can look at all the data
I used DS v 8.8.4.O intentionally  because i was mostly comfortable with old version of DS. However I will try the latest release and post the results.
As suggested by you i'll resolve these issues step-by-step and once i get the wii motes to work then i'll try FFB via mamehooker.
Once i try the new version of DS and i will share the latest debug zipped and provide you with the zipped link.

Thank you once again for all the suggestions.
EDIT: Tried new DS version 10.1.3 and it now Sega Model games (vcop2 and gunblade) seems to work well with my wii motes (mode 4). Haven't tested other Model 2 games will test them shortly and then post about the progress.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2020, 10:50:24 am by ark216 »

ark216

• Offline Offline
Hi thanks a lot for this project.

I am trying to get 2 wiimotes set up with House of the Dead 4 using Teknoparrot, touchmote, and DemulShooter_v10.1.3.

I made a shortcut to DemulShooter.exe with -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4 and ran it as an administrator.

I changed the game settings recommended on the wiki here: https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Lindbergh

I set the wiimotes (labeled xbox 360 controllers) as player 1 and player 2 in the DemulShooter GUI.

Once the game launches I use the keyboard to start the game but I cant shoot using the wiimotes once in game.

Do I use the default profile for Touchmote?
Do I need to set the controls for left click, right click, and middle click in TeknoParrot?
Is it okay to use Teknoparrot 1.0.0.393?
Am I missing a key step or doing something wrong here?

Thanks a lot

Q) I made a shortcut to DemulShooter.exe with -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4 and ran it as an administrator.

A) Are you sure you have made the right shortcut? In my case the simplest way of doing this would be to create a .bat file per game basis. For e.g. for HOTD 4 create a hotd4.bat inside the .bat file copy/paste the following line: DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=hotd4. If you are playing Rambo then create a new rambo.bat and replace hotd4 name with rambo. So in my case inside the HOTD4 game folder (or any other TP game folder) i have a an extracted Demulshooter folder inside that folder i have my .bat file Once you setup your wiimotes in Demulshooter close and save it then double click on the .bat file you created. Make sure Demulshooter.exe files and GUI files are all set to run as an admin.

Q)Do I use the default profile for Touchmote?

A) Best practice would be to create different profile for different games/systems. For e.g Lindbergh games do not have an exe file hence you cannot set them to "hook to application" in Touchmote software, while other TP games from other systems have an executable. The advantage of "hook to application" in touch mote is that if you set your game executable in it and when you launch that specific game in TP (for e.g Transfomers), the transformers profile will be automatically loaded when you launch the game without the need to select it from the the Touchmote software or by holding the "Home" button on wiimote (of course you will have to tick/check the "available in layout option in Touchmote. Also to note i you plan to play other light gun games on different emulators (like MAME, Sega Model, etc), you will be needing to create separate profiles for them. You may create general profile in Touchmote and then edit it according to your needs and save it as a different profile for your multiple games.

Q) Do I need to set the controls for left click, right click, and middle click in TeknoParrot?

A) No that i know of. I haven't tested every gun game in TP but the ones i did, did not require settings buttons in TP except for Start or Coin.

Q) Is it okay to use Teknoparrot 1.0.0.393?

A) I believe it is okay

Q) I set the wiimotes (labeled xbox 360 controllers) as player 1 and player 2 in the DemulShooter GUI.

A) If you are using the latest version of Demulshooter the Wiimotes do not show by the name of "Xbox 360 controllers" in the Demulshooter GUI. It will be showing by some random long string text like HID VID something. The only way to know if your wiimote is working is to move your wiimote and you should be able to see the plus sign cursor moving in that tiny box in the Demulshooter GUI. Once it moves then you go ahead and set your 3 buttons (Trigger which is button 2, Of screen Button which is Button 1 and Action Button which for me is down d-pad as i have set down d-pad as an 'X' Xbox button in Touchmote. Set for Player 1 & 2 save it and exit.

I hope i have answered all of your questions, these suggestion from my side are purely subjective, this is what works for me. You may tweak and experiment what suits you best.

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
Anyone here running Operation G.H.O.S.T through Game Loader All RH? I had this working fine with Demulshooter on Windows 7 but on Windows 10 the game crashes right after the initial Sega logo if Demulshooter is running. There is no error message, it simply closes as if I had pressed escape to exit the game. 

EDIT: got it working, been at this too long I can't think straight any more but I think what fixed it was using a different version of Game Loader.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 01:06:27 am by Yardley »

ark216

• Offline Offline
Anyone here running Operation G.H.O.S.T through Game Loader All RH? I had this working fine with Demulshooter on Windows 7 but on Windows 10 the game crashes right after the initial Sega logo if Demulshooter is running. There is no error message, it simply closes as if I had pressed escape to exit the game. 

EDIT: got it working, been at this too long I can't think straight any more but I think what fixed it was using a different version of Game Loader.

Hey i have been wanting to use the test menu in Operation GHOST. The Y letter on the keyboard makes me browse but i cannot enter any of the options. Do you have any idea which key works for entering the options in the test menu? I have tried almost all keys none seem to work.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2020, 06:34:43 pm by ark216 »

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2023, 08:12:13 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
Using Demulshooter v 10.31.3.0 with Teknoparrot (393).

I've got all my Teknoparrot light gun games working with Demulshooter, except for Sega Golden Gun.

Attached is my debug log. Looks like my RingGunR_RingWide.exe matches hash, but then there are memory read errors. No movement or button actions in game.

Any suggestions or assistance appreciated,

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

I've got all my Teknoparrot light gun games working with Demulshooter, except for Sega Golden Gun.

Attached is my debug log. Looks like my RingGunR_RingWide.exe matches hash, but then there are memory read errors. No movement or button actions in game.

Well, it could be some user controll issue (run everything as an admin) but in that case the issue should be the same with every game :/
So...I don't know what is blocking the game's memory access

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing

Not that I imagine this will be much help to you, as I think you have tried it, and I am using an older version of TP, but I was having the same issues with this - I thought maybe it was something to do with my computer deciding to be difficult and got it working so didn't mention it

I found that loading the game with only one gun connected and with debug on and then leaving it for a bit, before starting the game, watching through the intro and then again just leaving it to sit so player 1 takes a few hits, the cursor would move around on its own, at this point I exited out the game-I guess that was something to do with the debug mode?
By then removing the -v from the command line and starting game again with only one gun connected it recognised my gun, then repeat the process with 2 guns

I had to do it a few times but now it seems to recognise the guns whenever I try, which is why I assumed hardware issue rather than software-hopefully this hasn't just jinxed my set up.

Might be worth a shot, looking at the old debug file which I had done in case I needed to mention it the memory read issue is the same as I was having.

Fingers crossed this helps.
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 27, 2023, 08:12:13 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
Well, it could be some user controll issue (run everything as an admin) but in that case the issue should be the same with every game :/
So...I don't know what is blocking the game's memory access
Thanks for looking, I'm at a loss.

I tried various combinations of older versions of both Teknoparrot and Demulshooter (including 8.x versions), clean install of GG, permission checks on all files, etc and same result. It's just odd it's the only game affected.

Not that I imagine this will be much help to you, as I think you have tried it, and I am using an older version of TP, but I was having the same issues with this - I thought maybe it was something to do with my computer deciding to be difficult and got it working so didn't mention it
Fingers crossed this helps.
Thanks. That is really odd, but I tried it and no luck.

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 03:50:28 pm
Hi Argon.
ther's a way for swith the button functions?
i want that my button1 is for reload and button2 for shoot. is possible?

ark216

• Offline Offline
Has anyone tried playing 2spicy using their wiimote? If so would like to see what settings you folks are using in touchmote and in Teknoparrot? Can you kindly share?
Also @argonlefou i am curious if you will work on Supermodel3 (Sega Model 3 Emulator) in the near future? Would also be great if you can look in to PCSX2, would love to play Time Crisis 2 & 3 using Demulshooter some day.
Thanks
« Last Edit: July 10, 2020, 01:32:08 pm by ark216 »

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Has anyone tried playing 2spicy using their wiimote? If so would like to see what settings you folks are using in touchmote and in Teknoparrot? Can you kindly share?
Also @argonlefou i am curious if you will work on Supermodel3 (Sega Model 3 Emulator) in the near future? Would also be great if you can look in to PCSX2, would love to play Time Crisis 2 & 3 using Demulshooter some day.
Thanks

In Supermodel3, the guns work natively as well as Mame, and on PCSX2 there is a topic teaching how to configure.
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=151385.0