Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976142 times)

ark216

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 08:40:55 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Lol well my bad it's not working for me either now it was the last time I played but now it's not. Let me try and figure out why and it may solve your problem too.

But press 1 on the keyboard for enter.

Try this which is mentioned in the wiki

Usage :
Open Cxbx-Reloaded and go to Settings -> Config Input and add a controller

Configure this contoller Dpad Up, Dpad Down, Start and Back buttons. These key will be used to navigate / select in TEST mode

Load and start vc3_t.xbe file to change TEST mode settings as you wish.

Restart Cxbx-Reloaded and go to Settings -> Config Input and set all controllers "None". From now on, you can directly start at step 5 next time.

Run Demulshooter for this game :
DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3

Run Cxbx-Reloaded with the following command line (No need for calibration in game) :
Cxbx.exe /load [_path_to_vc3.xbe_]

Mine is not even working in test mode, and i have zero idea why the gun is working fine.

Edit: got mine working again because I keep backup copies of all my PC  files so I copied the entire directory from an external hard drive to the one on my computer. Unfortunately that means i don't know what steps it needed to fix it.
Hey man it worked! all i had to do was press 1 on my keyboard! Thanks for telling me. None of the users and Demulshooter guide tells you to do that! Thanks anyways and thanks to punkdark2000 fpr providing the script the game runs in full screen.
I cannot get to run HOTD4 and Operation Ghost with demulshooter (wii motes + Touchmote). Need to figure out how.
In Operation Ghost i get an error dialogue window when using wiimote in mode 4 of mayflash bar, if i press or OK it closes the game. Any clues?
In HOTD4 no errors as much but wiimotes completely unresponsive in game.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:34:11 am
Hey man it worked! all i had to do was press 1 on my keyboard! Thanks for telling me. None of the users and Demulshooter guide tells you to do that!
https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Chihiro , bottom of the page :

Misc. Notes :

* Do not open Cxbx.exe window alone, to load and run the rom from within : this won't work with DemulShooter !
    * P1 and P2 START buttons are mapped to Keyboard [1] and [2] (just like MAME, etc....) and can be simulated with AHK scripts from any other Aimtrak/Joystick button
    * The game may crash on some computers at the end of the second level.

Ace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2024, 06:27:53 am
hi Argonlefou,

After some help and advice please think I’m using v8.7.0 finding off screen reloading not working through model 2 in Virtua cop etc. It jus shoots and registers bottom left corner but not off screen so doesn’t reload. Have a button configured to reload but would like to off screen re-load any help appreciated.

I also find the sight doesn’t cover all of the screen sometimes please see in the pics 👍🏻 that’s as far left and right the sight goes??  Then disappears.
This is also the case in some games although this might be the game/resolution it’s played in. Just wanted to ask you directly first and see if there’s anything I’m doing wrong or if this is something that can be altered or fixed. Either in an update or by myself editing the configs etc.

I’m using an Aimtrack lightgun Bluetooth wirelessly

Thanks a lot and love your work and keep it up

Paul

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
hi Argonlefou,

After some help and advice please think I’m using v8.7.0 finding off screen reloading not working through model 2 in Virtua cop etc. It jus shoots and registers bottom left corner but not off screen so doesn’t reload. Have a button configured to reload but would like to off screen re-load any help appreciated.

I also find the sight doesn’t cover all of the screen sometimes please see in the pics 👍🏻 that’s as far left and right the sight goes??  Then disappears.
This is also the case in some games although this might be the game/resolution it’s played in. Just wanted to ask you directly first and see if there’s anything I’m doing wrong or if this is something that can be altered or fixed. Either in an update or by myself editing the configs etc.

I’m using an Aimtrack lightgun Bluetooth wirelessly

Thanks a lot and love your work and keep it up

Paul
If you can't move your cursor to the border there's a problem with your aimtrak setting/calibration/led sensor

The "RawInput" line should have values going from [0x0000] to [0xFFFF] for both X and Y
Did you do a correct calibration of the Aimtrak ?
Are you sure Aimtrak settings are correct ?

Ace

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the quick reply and will double check my gun and go through the calibration again 👍🏻

With Hotd4 on Teknoparrot there’s like an invisible barrier?? it goes all the way left but not all the way right. About 3-4 inches from the edge? Again this might be in game etc 🙏🏻   

And I’m guessing offscreen reloading doesn’t work in model 2??

Thanks again and will have a play

Appreciate it

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
There is no barrier with Hotd4 if everything is set up correctly.
And offscreen reload is working well with M2

Ace

• Offline Offline
Hi Argonlefou,

Had a good play today and calibrated gun etc and I’ve also just ordered another gun so will try that sensor bar out etc when it arrives and see if my other one is faulty. But it seems to be working ok.

Still can’t reload off screen in M2 as I said it registers bottom left corner and in Rambo on Teknoparrot it registers top right but both don’t reload. It registers as firing each time. I even copied from a backup and still the same thing so honestly don’t know what’s going on atm.
Honestly not complaining or anything just trying to troubleshoot and give feedback in an effort to solve this small issues I’m having.

Thanks again and appreciate your time and keep up the great work. I’ll message again once my new gun arrives etc.

Paul

You also mentioned back in a post beginning of April that M2 May have aiming issue when in 4:3, 16:9, fullscreen etc and that you wanted to go back and address these. Have you started this or know when you might get around to this. Understand your updating everything atm for a big change and understand your busy.

Thanks again 🙏🏻
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:41:27 am by Ace »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi Argonlefou,

Had a good play today and calibrated gun etc and I’ve also just ordered another gun so will try that sensor bar out etc when it arrives and see if my other one is faulty. But it seems to be working ok.

Still can’t reload off screen in M2 as I said it registers bottom left corner and in Rambo on Teknoparrot it registers top right but both don’t reload. It registers as firing each time. I even copied from a backup and still the same thing so honestly don’t know what’s going on atm.
Honestly not complaining or anything just trying to troubleshoot and give feedback in an effort to solve this small issues I’m having.

Thanks again and appreciate your time and keep up the great work. I’ll message again once my new gun arrives etc.

Paul
Just to be sure : did you really assigned the right mouse button to the offscree trigger event in aimtrak Utility ?

And also to have a quick look, run demulshooter by adding a -v option and share your debug.txt file (it will be created in demulshooter's folder)

You also mentioned back in a post beginning of April that M2 May have aiming issue when in 4:3, 16:9, fullscreen etc and that you wanted to go back and address these. Have you started this or know when you might get around to this. Understand your updating everything atm for a big change and understand your busy.

Thanks again 🙏🏻
There may have a lot of different issue when you start to play with games ratio/reolution (and this is true for every game and every emulator)
Usually, ratio is not an issue with M2 games because you can run a gun calibration.
Resolution and window-size hacks can be more troublesome (DxWnd particularly)

Ace

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the reply and went back to a older back up and it’s working again 👍🏻  Sorry for wasting your time 🙏🏻 
Started changing my priorities to read only now once I’ve got things set up properly.

Do you still want me to run a debug in the hotd4?? If so how and where would I put that -v option?? Useless at run cmds using launchbox as my front end atm.

Thanks again 😊

Re ratio/resolution could this be why the gun doesn’t cover the whole screen in hotd4 as it’s hacked etc so its the actual game/dump???
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 12:13:23 pm by Ace »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the reply and went back to a older back up and it’s working again 👍🏻  Sorry for wasting your time 🙏🏻 
Started changing my priorities to read only now once I’ve got things set up properly.
👍🏻

Do you still want me to run a debug in the hotd4?? If so how and where would I put that -v option?? Useless at run cmds using launchbox as my front end atm.

Thanks again 😊

Re ratio/resolution could this be why the gun doesn’t cover the whole screen in hotd4 as it’s hacked etc so its the actual game/dump???
Usually changing resolution (like what you can do with some teknoparrot games) gives an offset between where you're aiming and where the game is registering the shot

If you're not able to get full range in DsDiag.exe, then you won't be able to have full range anywhere.
Moreover, the fact that you"re actually using a build-in frontend configuration without knowing exactly what's going sure won't help to understand.
If you want to really understand I'm affraid you'll have to dig a little bit into command lines and how the whole thing is working...this is Demulshooter's limitation, it can't really be used "click & play" in any situation on any computer

Ace

• Offline Offline

[/quote]
Usually changing resolution (like what you can do with some teknoparrot games) gives an offset between where you're aiming and where the game is registering the shot

If you're not able to get full range in DsDiag.exe, then you won't be able to have full range anywhere.
Moreover, the fact that you"re actually using a build-in frontend configuration without knowing exactly what's going sure won't help to understand.
If you want to really understand I'm affraid you'll have to dig a little bit into command lines and how the whole thing is working...this is Demulshooter's limitation, it can't really be used "click & play" in any situation on any computer
[/quote]

Thanks a lot and totally understand if I want to debug what do I need to type please for say hotd4 just so I know for future. And will take the time to look into cmd lines etc 🙏🏻

Thanks again for everything

ark216

• Offline Offline
@ argonlefou are looking into the possibility of getting the demulshooter to work with RPCS3?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
@ argonlefou are looking into the possibility of getting the demulshooter to work with RPCS3?
Not at the moment, for a bunch of mixed reasons.
The emulator is under heavy development with a lot of updates...asking them to add lightgun support natively will be better IMO (if they decide to do so one day...of course)
I can't afford to spend time for console games, with an emulator getting 10 or 15 updates a week, knowing that each update can brake compatibility.....

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
@argonlefou can you include in the next realise the feature that can I assign silent hill arcade key with gamepad button? So I can use the buttons from my cab

Inviato dal mio Redmi Note 8T utilizzando Tapatalk

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:35:42 pm
@argonlefou can you include in the next realise the feature that can I assign silent hill arcade key with gamepad button? So I can use the buttons from my cab

Nice wireless config  :lol

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

Unfortunatelly not like that. I'm not the one who made Silent Hill and the hacked I/O dll is reading keyboard keys.
What you can find on DemulShooter is just a GUI to set those keys for the game.
In your case, you will have to use some 3rd party software to map inputs from your buttons to a keyboard input. AHK can do it easilly

ark216

• Offline Offline
Guys I may sound off topic, but can someone tell me how to configure wii motes for Supermodel 3 emulator. I am read demulshooter cannot support it. What options do I have?

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
Guys I may sound off topic, but can someone tell me how to configure wii motes for Supermodel 3 emulator. I am read demulshooter cannot support it. What options do I have?

Configure wiimotes with supermodel3 is a pain in the ass... you need to edit supermodel.ini and games.xml, and each game has a different config.

Ksoto

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 30, 2020, 03:17:23 am
Hi everyone.

I just recently downloaded Demulshooter as it looks like what I've been looking for. I'm a serious n00b when it comes to all of this, I'm just trying to run House of the Dead 2 (Empire version) for PC in Windows 10 using dual aimtrak light guns.

It took me awhile because, as I said, I'm a n00b, but I finally made my way to the command line dos window thing and typed in: demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod2pc

Obviously nothing happened (except for an icon showing up in the system tray) because demulshooter.exe has no reference as to where the house of the dead program is on my machine is (it's in C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD 2\HoD2.exe). What I would like to know is how to let demulshooter know where my house of the dead 2.exe is so that it can launch the game through the demulshooter program.

Also, on the installation wiki it says the zip for Demulshooter should come with: DsCore.dll : Shared library, need to be in the directory for all other programs to work.

I don't see that file in any of the zip files that I downloaded from github. If this is an essential file that would solve my problem could anyone kindly direct me to a copy of it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated because I spent hours upon hours yesterday searching for a basic answer on how to get this running. A basic tutorial would be great too.

PS - I tried to do a search/find on the forums but it keeps failing - I didn't want to be a pain if someone already covered this in another post/thread, but the search forum feature just wouldn't work for me. Sorry.

Update - I figured it out. I run demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod2pc from the command line and THEN I start the house of the dead 2 program myself. Sorry about that I had no idea that's all you had to do. Both guns were working perfectly in the game.

Is there any way to make it so that I can create a desktop shortcut that just does everything? (runs the command line and then launches the program)? I kinda wanted it to be so that anyone could just launch House of the Dead 2 by just clicking on a single desktop icon that does it all. Thanks again.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 05:25:47 pm by Ksoto »

wallmachine

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 11:44:00 pm
can you use -target=lindbergh -rom=lgj for Let's Go Jungle! Special (2007)
I don't think so, I'm not in front of my setup but I kind of recall that binaries are not the same
I'll look at it in the next few days to confirm

How did the Let's Go Jungle! Special (2007) check go?

PL1

• Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 07:06:08 am
  • Designated spam hunter
I tried to do a search/find on the forums but it keeps failing - I didn't want to be a pain if someone already covered this in another post/thread, but the search forum feature just wouldn't work for me. Sorry.
Something wenk "Boink!" several months ago when Saint rebooted the servers.   :embarassed:

Well, that is well and proper borked. Boggle. I'm going to have to rip out the search engine and reinstall.

The bad news is I'm out of work starting Wednesday for two weeks.

The good news is I'm out of work starting Wednesday for two weeks, so I'll have time to dig into it proper.
No further updates at this time.

Scott

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm

Configure wiimotes with supermodel3 is a pain in the ass... you need to edit supermodel.ini and games.xml, and each game has a different config.

Not so. In fact it is very easy. Supermodel supports joystick devices as lightguns, so you just need to use touchmote to emulate an Xbox 360 controller and make your supermodel.ini contain something like this:

Code: [Select]
; Light guns (Lost World)
InputGunLeft = "NONE"               ; digital, move gun left
InputGunRight = "NONE"             ; digital, move gun right
InputGunUp = "NONE"                   ; digital, move gun up
InputGunDown = "NONE"               ; digital, move gun down
InputGunX = "JOY1_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis
InputGunY = "JOY1_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis
InputTrigger = "JOY_BUTTON2"
InputOffscreen = "JOY_BUTTON1"    ; point off-screen
InputAutoTrigger = 1                    ; automatic reload when off-screen
InputGunLeft2 = "NONE"
InputGunRight2 = "NONE"
InputGunUp2 = "NONE"
InputGunDown2 = "NONE"
InputGunX2 = "JOY2_XAXIS"
InputGunY2 = "JOY2_YAXIS"
InputTrigger2 = "JOY2_BUTTON2"
InputOffscreen2 = "JOY2_BUTTON1"
InputAutoTrigger2 = 1

; Analog guns (Ocean Hunter, LA Machineguns)
InputAnalogGunLeft = "NONE"               ; digital, move gun left
InputAnalogGunRight = "NONE"             ; digital, move gun right
InputAnalogGunUp = "NONE"                   ; digital, move gun up
InputAnalogGunDown = "NONE"               ; digital, move gun down
InputAnalogGunX = "JOY1_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis
InputAnalogGunY = "JOY1_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis
InputAnalogTriggerLeft = "JOY1_BUTTON2"
InputAnalogTriggerRight = "JOY1_BUTTON1"
InputAnalogGunLeft2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunRight2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunUp2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunDown2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunX2 = "JOY2_XAXIS"
InputAnalogGunY2 = "JOY2_YAXIS"
InputAnalogTriggerLeft2 = "JOY2_BUTTON2"
InputAnalogTriggerRight2 = "JOY2_BUTTON1"

I have no idea why you'd need to edit games.xml.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Also, on the installation wiki it says the zip for Demulshooter should come with: DsCore.dll : Shared library, need to be in the directory for all other programs to work.

I don't see that file in any of the zip files that I downloaded from github. If this is an essential file that would solve my problem could anyone kindly direct me to a copy of it?
Yeah, unfortunatelly you're comming at a moment where I'm updating all the Wiki to be ready for a next release - which has been delayed for a few more days - and this point is not a concern for now.

Update - I figured it out. I run demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod2pc from the command line and THEN I start the house of the dead 2 program myself. Sorry about that I had no idea that's all you had to do. Both guns were working perfectly in the game.
I'm surprised you didn't saw it on the Wiki, it's clearly written here : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Windows-games#house-of-the-dead-ii
But glad to know you fnally managed to make it work !

Is there any way to make it so that I can create a desktop shortcut that just does everything? (runs the command line and then launches the program)? I kinda wanted it to be so that anyone could just launch House of the Dead 2 by just clicking on a single desktop icon that does it all. Thanks again.
You should look at AutoHotkey scripts, there are tons of tutorial on the internet

Fine and working good  ;)
Will be available in the next version. I should have released it this week but a beta-tester pointed out an issue with APAC handling so I'd rather sort it out before releasing it

wallmachine

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 10, 2024, 11:44:00 pm
Fine and working good  ;)
Will be available in the next version. I should have released it this week but a beta-tester pointed out an issue with APAC handling so I'd rather sort it out before releasing it

looking forward to it, cheers.

ark216

• Offline Offline

Not so. In fact it is very easy. Supermodel supports joystick devices as lightguns, so you just need to use touchmote to emulate an Xbox 360 controller and make your supermodel.ini contain something like this:

InputGunLeft2 = "NONE"
InputGunRight2 = "NONE"
InputGunUp2 = "NONE"
InputGunDown2 = "NONE"
InputAutoTrigger2 = 1

Thanks i will give it a try and you posted,also are you using wiimotes for Supermodel emulator?  SuperMagoAlex might be referring to using wiimotes in mode 2, will try his method as well and see which one works best.

Ksoto

• Offline Offline

Quote from: argonlefou
I'm surprised you didn't saw it on the Wiki, it's clearly written here : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Windows-games#house-of-the-dead-ii
But glad to know you fnally managed to make it work !

It is written there, but I was looking at the installation/usage/etc areas and all I saw was running a command line and thought from there, demulshooter would launch the game too. Keep in mind also this is after several hours of messing around with the troubleshooter 2 program and other games so I was a bit fried by then. It wasn't till the next day that I was scrolling through the games section of your wiki and saw "run the game". Like I said, this is all brand new to me and is a little overwhelming.

Quote from: argonlefou
You should look at AutoHotkey scripts, there are tons of tutorial on the internet

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction - I had no idea what it would've even been called :D

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 07:58:49 pm

InputGunLeft2 = "NONE"
InputGunRight2 = "NONE"
InputGunUp2 = "NONE"
InputGunDown2 = "NONE"
InputAutoTrigger2 = 1

Thanks i will give it a try and you posted,also are you using wiimotes for Supermodel emulator?  SuperMagoAlex might be referring to using wiimotes in mode 2, will try his method as well and see which one works best.

InputGunX = "MOUSE_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis
InputGunY = "MOUSE_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis
InputTrigger = "MOUSE_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputOffscreen =  "MOUSE_RIGHT_BUTTON"    ; point off-screen
InputAutoTrigger = 1                   ; automatic reload when off-screen
InputGunX2 = "MOUSE2_XAXIS"    ; analog, full X axis
InputGunY2 = "MOUSE2_YAXIS"    ; analog, full Y axis
InputTrigger2 = "MOUSE2_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputOffscreen2 =  "MOUSE2_RIGHT_BUTTON"    ; point off-screen
InputAutoTrigger2 = 1                   ; automatic reload when off-screen

this is My "ini file" for "the lost world"...its working fine (but you might need to calibrate ingame)
should work for other gun games on the emulator.

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline

I dont use touchmote with supermodel, I use the bar in mode 2.

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm

Well, that's up to you mate. However you did say it was a pain in the ass and I gave you an alternative: take it or leave it.

I think that using Dolphinbar mode 4 + Touchmote has many advantages over the other Dolphinbar modes however.

1: It allows you to remap the wiimote buttons as you see fit. You cannot remap the Dolphinbar buttons.

2: It will work with virtually any emulator.

3: It allows two player. Dolphinbar mode two (mouse mode) doesn't as dinput mouse devices are combined.

4: I prefer its behaviour when the Wiimote points offscreen. Touchmote remembers the last position of the Wiimote. Dolphinbar snaps to the center.

5: It can be configured with scripts/batch files. Dolphinbar modes have to be changed manually.

Ksoto

• Offline Offline
ok, so after having success with House of the Dead 2 PC working with demulshooter, I decided to downloaded and try virtuacop with the model 2 emulator. Rom runs fine, aimtrak gun player 1 works fine by default. I followed all of the instructions on the demulshooter wiki for running model 2 games and what happens for vcop is that I get the demulshooter icon down in the system tray but even after launching model 2 and vcop it never goes away and the 2nd aimtrak gun doesn't work. What am I missing?

Jayinem

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 29, 2021, 05:26:02 pm
ok, so after having success with House of the Dead 2 PC working with demulshooter, I decided to downloaded and try virtuacop with the model 2 emulator. Rom runs fine, aimtrak gun player 1 works fine by default. I followed all of the instructions on the demulshooter wiki for running model 2 games and what happens for vcop is that I get the demulshooter icon down in the system tray but even after launching model 2 and vcop it never goes away and the 2nd aimtrak gun doesn't work. What am I missing?

You run gun calibrations in the test menu of the rom in Model 2? I think it's required for multiple guns to work.

I had so much hell with Behind Enemey Lines I suffer post traumatic stress syndrome.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 12:56:18 am by Jayinem »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
This one is my fault, the Wiki has just been updated to match instruction for this new release of DemulShooter (and for M2 emulator this couldn't work with the version you could download back then). The new release is available now.
Try with this one and it should be better :

DemulShooter v10.0 :
- ! Beware ! : Old config file is not compatible anymore, please set up DemulShooter again.
- Added support for Gamepad, Joypad, Analog Guns and - in theory - any HID device (See DemulShooter Wiki for usage).
- DemulShooter_GUI.exe updated to a new version to be able to choose new supported devices.
- DemulShooter_GUI.exe is now a separated program and can be run at the same time as DemulShooter or DemulShooterX64.
- DemulShooter.exe is now "command line" only.
- DemulShooterX64.exe is now "command line" only.
- DemulShooterX64.exe compatibility is now limited to the games it has been designed for.
- DsDiag.exe updated to a new version, to be able to test new supported devices.
- Added MameHooker-compatible outputs, see Wiki for usage and the list of games/outputs (more games/output will be added later).
- Added support for "Let's Go Jungle Special" for Teknoparrot.
- Fixed "Ninja Assault" bug with Demul(triggers were not working with XInput controllers).
- Fixed "Golden Gun" bugs. Still no support for Windowed mode.
- Changed "Golden Gun" hack : Autofire is now enable by default. Disable it with "-noautofire" option.
- Changed Model2 hack (See DemulShooter WiKi for necessary modifications).
- Changed "Silent Hill Arcade" hack for a better one (Usage stays the same).
- Changed "Friction" hack to support v1.0,v2.0 and v3.0 VsIoboard.dll (Usage stays the same, dll version is automatically detected).
- Changed "House Of The Dead 4" hack to support both original binary (Rev.A) and the Rev.C binary (Usage stays the same, game version is automatically detected).
- Changed "Rambo" Lindbergh hack to be able to remove crosshairs with "-nocrosshair" option.
- Changed "Reload" hack to add support for another binary.
- Changed "Heavy Fire 3" and "Heavy Fire 4" command line requirements (See DemulShooter GUI or Wiki for usage).
- Removed deprecated "-ParrotLoader" option for RingWide games.
- Removed support for "Aliens : Extermination" old HASP-Protected release (-rom=alienshasp).
  The de-Hasped release of the game has been out for a long time now and is the one to be used.
- Removed Support for Dolphin4 (-target=dolphin4).
  Dolphin 5 has been released now for a long time and is the one to be used.

To make it quick, there are no major change for user scripts and previous versions (command line, etc....still working) except for :
-Model2 (command line chnage + emulator config change)
-Heavy fire series (command line change)

Wiimote/Xinput is now to be chosen like any other device

And outputs are available with MameHooker (upcomming updates will add more outputs)

I ran a lot of test and I hope there is no unseen issue left, so feedback will be welcome in case of trouble

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
Thanks Argon, I did some tests here and everything works very well.

Argon I believe I found an error, for the demulshooter 10 to work windows needs to be initialized? Test it together with my frontend and I won't start win and demulshooter to stop working, something that in previous versions didn't happen.

Booting win it works normally.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2020, 09:23:46 am by punkdark2000 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Argon I believe I found an error, for the demulshooter 10 to work windows needs to be initialized? Test it together with my frontend and I won't start win and demulshooter to stop working, something that in previous versions didn't happen.

Hmm.. unfortunatelly I'm not sure to understand what you mean :-\

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline

Hmm.. unfortunatelly I'm not sure to understand what you mean :-\

Instead of starting windows, I usually set the option mmc to start my frontend. In other words, explorer.exe is not running, in this situation the demulshooter of the crash thing that in previous versions did not happen. However, if I leave my frontend and start explorer.exe, and windows starts normally I don't have this problem with the demulshooter.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Nice catch ! Forgot to put that back.
this should fix it :

DemulShooterv10.0.0.1

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Nice catch ! Forgot to put that back.
this should fix it :

DemulShooterv10.0.0.1

Argon resolved, thank you very much.

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline

Well, that's up to you mate. However you did say it was a pain in the ass and I gave you an alternative: take it or leave it.

I think that using Dolphinbar mode 4 + Touchmote has many advantages over the other Dolphinbar modes however.

1: It allows you to remap the wiimote buttons as you see fit. You cannot remap the Dolphinbar buttons.

2: It will work with virtually any emulator.

3: It allows two player. Dolphinbar mode two (mouse mode) doesn't as dinput mouse devices are combined.

4: I prefer its behaviour when the Wiimote points offscreen. Touchmote remembers the last position of the Wiimote. Dolphinbar snaps to the center.

5: It can be configured with scripts/batch files. Dolphinbar modes have to be changed manually.

I know the touchmote perfectly, I use it with the bar in mode 4 on my TV 55", and it works well.

On my old crt cabinet I use instead 2 dolphin bar in mode 2, so I can play also in 2 players. I use the bar in mode 2 because I have many peripherals connected to the cabinet and I have less configuration problems with the various emulators (Mame, Model2, Model3, Teknoparrot, ecc...).

pit_2046

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2020, 08:12:28 pm
Hi, I got a problem with DemulShooter.
When I run DsDiag.exe, I found the OnScreen is 0x0, and the RawInput data is not changed correctly.

I tried v8.8.4 or 10.0.1, and got this problem too.
Anyone know how to solve it? Thanks.

Ksoto

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the update! So far though only DsDiag works when I run it. I tried to command line DemulShooter.exe with the update like I did before but now I get no icon or anything Also DemulShooter_GUI doesn't load either when I run it (as admin too).