Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 991138 times)

Kierdo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2023, 01:40:42 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!

Hi ,
Silent Hill key config is stored in : %appData%\bemani_config\sha_v01.cfg
You can try to remove it
[/quote]

Ok! I'll try! Many many thanks!!

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:27:03 pm
Hi Argon,
have you had time to try new demulshooter + touchmote ? Because in this moment is impossible to play Luigi's Mansion with 2 players and one dolphin bar in mode 4, it works only in mode 2 (mouse mode).
Thanks in advance!

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 03, 2024, 02:10:01 pm
  • Spent more time fixing than playing
Except for 1 or 2 games (Gundam dualscreen 2players and Op. Ghost ringwidefor full screen are the only ones I have in mind right now) I try to avoid GameLoader as much as possible.
Mainly because I don't really have any visibility of what it's really doing and it was messing badly with DemulShooter a few years ago.

I usually manage to get exactly what I want with dgVoodo and/or DxWnd

As for Nomousy, it worked perfectly when I was using WIn7 but I have a lot of trouble with it since I updated to WIn10 on my gun config

Operation Ghost - I use the below Autohotkey to load it full screen without TP or GameLoader

SetTitleMatchMode, 2
DetectHiddenWindows, on

Sleep, 1000

Run, C:\Users\User1\LaunchBox\Emulator\demul light gun\DemulShooter_v8.5.7\DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=og ; Pathway to demulshooter ignore it says Version 8.5.7 I cannot be bothered to change all my shortcuts it is newest version

Sleep, 1000

Run, C:\Users\User1\LaunchBox\Games\Sega RingWide\og\gs2.exe ; Pathway to Operation Ghost game.exe

; The next bit resizes the window to FULLSCREEN on my screen (1920x1080)

WinWait, ahk_class A

WinGetPos, WinPosX, WinPosY, WindowWidth, WindowHeight, A
       WinSet, Style, -0xC40000, A
        WinMove, A, , 0, -20, A_ScreenWidth, 1100
        ;Hide Windows Task Bar and Start Button. (Remove the following two lines if you don't want that behaviour)
        WinHide ahk_class Shell_TrayWnd
        WinHide Start ahk_class Button

; moves the system mouse cursor to the very corner to just make it tidy and blocks it from moving

MouseMove, 9999, 9999
      BlockInput MouseMove

Sleep, 3000 ; needed on my machine to make nomousy then work

Run, C:\Users\User1\LaunchBox\No Mouse\nomousy.exe / hide ; pathway to nomousy

; below section upon pressing Escape turns off wiibar via a shortcut, closes Touchmote, closes game, runs nomousy again to turn mouse cursor back on, kills no mousey so it works again the next time, this is needed on my computer might not be on yours, allows mouse to move and repositions in centre of screen you will need to change the figures for your set up
   $Esc::
{
   Run, C:\Users\User1\LaunchBox\AutoHotkey\light gun\off - bar and touchmote.lnk ; most likely not needed for you
   WinWaitClose, Touchmote ; most likely not needed for you
   Send, !{F4}
   Send, {Esc}
   Run, C:\Users\User1\LaunchBox\No Mouse\nomousy.exe
   Run, taskkill /IM "nomousy.exe" /F
   BlockInput MouseMoveOff
   MouseMove, 960, 540, 0
}

Exitapp

This might help some people - I run a bat file to start Wiibar and Touchmote before this AHK and the "Run, C:\Users\User1\LaunchBox\AutoHotkey\light gun\off - bar and touchmote.lnk" turns them off and then does the other bits. So it is going to need some butchering for it to works for others - it isn't going to work straight out the box.

Nomousy

For nomousy on Windows 10 I find if after you run it to hide and then run it to make it reappear if you then kill process as shown above it works the next time as well- there is no process to close so I don't know why it works but it does.

Cheers

Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 07, 2024, 06:57:43 pm
After reading the wiki...i still dont really sure:
when i can start demulshooter regular with its exe file and when i must use commands (in shortcut properties)?

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
Has anyone with a dolphin bar + wiimote knows how to make the "middle button" works in wiimote (for 1 player)? shooting and reload working great for me, but in games like virtua cop 3 that have "middle button" it doesnt work.

Which mode are you using the bar in? Mode 4? And if so are you also using Touchmote?
Using Wiimotes, Demulshooter and Touchmote as lightguns......does actually work!!!

_Gioacchino_

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 10, 2023, 11:35:36 pm
guys, can you help me?

i have a mame cab with attract mode like front-end

how i can set up when i launch demul with lightgun games demulshooter through amdin cmd?

thanks!

hashssj

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 19, 2020, 12:06:41 am
Hi all, could some one give me pointers in getting aimtrak side buttons working with demulshooter. Aimtrak is configured as per ultimarc guide and dual aimtraks working in various games and emulators except side buttons.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:34:07 pm

Operation Ghost - I use the below Autohotkey to load it full screen without TP or GameLoader

[...]
Thanks for sharing this, may be usefull for some people
I managed to get to the same result with a resolution patcher I made months ago when the game was just released, it's doing the same window modification but inside the .exe so no need to hack it after execution
Unfortunatelly, I found that (just my impression I may be wrong) streching the window fullscreen results in a loss of graphics quality compared to what GameLoader is bout to do with antialiasing, etc....and dgVodoo has no effect on this game.
This is just small details though, I do agree  >:D

On a totally different subject, and thanks to this stupid COVID-19 blocking me at home, I was working to add support to Joystick, Joypad, analog devices (mounted arcade guns, etc.....)
(And I think it might concern Wiimotes too, they may work without TouchMote)
If anyone has a couple of minutes to try this DsDiag_v2.0 app, and check with their own devices (I already know about the Aimtraks, don't bother  ;D), I would be able to get a few interresting details I can't get at home without having all these devices :
- Run DsDiag_v2.0.exe
- Choose a device from the list a the top.
- For analog devices, you'll then have to choose X and Y axis in their respective list (usually 0x30 and 0x31 should be good). Some devices have a lot of different available axis
- You should see buttons reacting when you press them on your device, and the crosshair moving on the black backgroun according to your selected axis
- Once you've found your device with all of these clues, you can generate a text repport with the upper right button near the device list and share it with me (it will appear in the folder)

If you could also tell me at the same time what is your device and how you used it (I can think of Wiimotes with or without XInput/Touchmote, on different dolphinbar mode or whatever, etc...)
Thanks guys  ;)

lllll44

• Offline Offline
can someone help me with it?

only demulshooter start, but not tekno, and no error screen.

i made a bat file like this:

START DemulShooter.exe -target=lindbergh -rom=rambo
START c:\Tekno1.0.0.140\TeknoParrotUi.exe --profile=Rambo.xml

i also use a dolphin bar in mode 4 and touchmote.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 10:32:53 am by lllll44 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Like I always say, baby steps....
If you're new to it, just run everything manually and try to see what's working or not, step by step

Starting directly with BAT files and multiple commands is a bad thing to do, as  there are way more errors you can do and not see (particulary true with BAT)
And it's even more true because of the Wiimote -> DolphinBar -> TouchMote thing

lllll44

• Offline Offline
Like I always say, baby steps....
If you're new to it, just run everything manually and try to see what's working or not, step by step

Starting directly with BAT files and multiple commands is a bad thing to do, as  there are way more errors you can do and not see (particulary true with BAT)
And it's even more true because of the Wiimote -> DolphinBar -> TouchMote thing

thanks man...will try again:)

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 01:53:09 pm
[
If you could also tell me at the same time what is your device and how you used it (I can think of Wiimotes with or without XInput/Touchmote, on different dolphinbar mode or whatever, etc...)
Thanks guys  ;)

I've tested with my dolphinbar in mode 4 and touchmote off.
I can see my 2 wiimote in dsdiag but nothing happen if I move or I press some button

Tiberius

• Offline Offline

[...]
[/quote]
Thanks for sharing this, may be usefull for some people
I managed to get to the same result with a resolution patcher I made months ago when the game was just released, it's doing the same window modification but inside the .exe so no need to hack it after execution
Unfortunatelly, I found that (just my impression I may be wrong) streching the window fullscreen results in a loss of graphics quality compared to what GameLoader is bout to do with antialiasing, etc....and dgVodoo has no effect on this game.
This is just small details though, I do agree  >:D
[/quote]

i doubt you are wrong but as I was at my wits end with getting the damn thing full screen, i decided to go that route, and am not clever enough to figure out how to do inside the exe!! i also have the advantage of never having got it to work full screen with Game Loader so never got to see how good it could look - As they say ignorance is bliss and all that  :)

I have also attached 4 files from trying out my Wiimotes and new DSDiag. I don't use Glovepie anymore (but have it on computer form trying something) - would you like a couple of examples of it with that as well or is that enough?

I know I have said thank you before, but Demulshooter makes things so easy to deal with even with the Wiimotes, so again thank you for this wonderful piece of kit.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I've tested with my dolphinbar in mode 4 and touchmote off.
I can see my 2 wiimote in dsdiag but nothing happen if I move or I press some button
I have also attached 4 files from trying out my Wiimotes and new DSDiag. I don't use Glovepie anymore (but have it on computer form trying something) - would you like a couple of examples of it with that as well or is that enough?

I know I have said thank you before, but Demulshooter makes things so easy to deal with even with the Wiimotes, so again thank you for this wonderful piece of kit.

Thanks guys
So Wiimotes are like my SONY DualShock3 controller....they appear alone as some HID gamepad but don't output anything, unless used with TouchMote or (for  sony DS4) the same virtual XInput driver.
If anyone has another kind of device to test (Ultimark U-HID, mounted analog guns, etc....) this would add info to my database  ;)

A quick update : DemulShooter v8.8.0
- Added support to Friction

A few things :
Use demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=friction to run
Work only if you're using the modified VSIOBOARD.DLL (and that way you can define your own keys in the .ini file)
Machinegun (bonus weapon in the game) will not autofire because of dmulshooter. This is a quick release I'll try to improve it later

- edit : See 2 post below for zip file -
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 04:49:40 am by argonlefou »

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Hey argonlefou!
Thanks for the quick support, although it seems to be something wrong with the attached file
as it states that the rom file isnt supported.  :'(

"Unsupported Windows rom parameter : "friction"
"One coin to rule em' all"

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
I think the attached file is of the original 8.7.0 rather than the updated as that is what shows when I just tried a different game and on the debug text

Thanks for the quick turn around on it, and glad the files were useful
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 03:43:24 am by Tiberius »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Exactly, sorry it was a wrong package  :notworthy:
Here's the good one

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the quick turn around on it, and glad the files were useful
Just a quick question about the last of your files ( Wiimote, Dolphin Bar, Mode 2 - Emulated mouse.txt) :
Wereyou able to activate buttons and move the crosshair with your wiimote like this ?
And do you know if 2 Wiimotes could work independently like that ?

Tiberius

• Offline Offline
Were you able to activate buttons and move the crosshair with your wiimote like this ?

Yes it all worked, axis and up to 5 buttons

And do you know if 2 Wiimotes could work independently like that ?

Mode 2 only allows 1 mouse to be connected to it at a time, however other people have said that if you have 2 wiibar and both on mode 2 it will recognise it as two mice (I think SuperMagoAlex and Ginzu have this set up) I only have one Wiibar so I cannot test that for you, however I would assume (always dangerous) that the two wiibar would have their own IDs and therefore be seen as two devices - I assume that is how the Aimtrak works?

The second download worked - thank you. Now to just go and set it up

Cheers
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 05:27:01 am by Tiberius »

Ace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 05, 2024, 06:27:53 am
First post so please be gentle 🙏🏻 Only just starting out with LightGun games and want to implement demulshooter with my Model 2, demul running Naomi and Teknoparrot/PC games so have a lot of learning to do.
Just wanted to see if you could get this working with the Redream emulator???
Understand I could use demul for Dreamcast but redream is what I’m using atm.
Hoping this might be something that can be done.

Keep up the great work 👍🏻😊

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 05:27:03 pm
Mode 2 only allows 1 mouse to be connected to it at a time, however other people have said that if you have 2 wiibar and both on mode 2 it will recognise it as two mice (I think SuperMagoAlex and Ginzu have this set up) I only have one Wiibar so I cannot test that for you, however I would assume (always dangerous) that the two wiibar would have their own IDs and therefore be seen as two devices - I assume that is how the Aimtrak works?

Yes, I have both setup: 2 bar in mode 2 and 1 bar in mode 4 + touchmote.

All games works perfectly, I have only a problem with this config: Luigi's Mansion + NEW demulshooter64 + touchmote + 1 bar in mode 4, the cursors don't move.

So I think the new demulshooter64 doesn't work with touchmote.

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 07:51:10 am
Argon,
as the demulshooter was updated with the game Friction I got the new version and the virtua cop3 chihiro stopped working. I'm using this command to run the rom according to what was passed in the manual:
Cxbx.exe /load c:\cxbx\vc3.xbe

The game opens but I can't start it, key 1 doesn't work.

Mindwipe

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 21, 2024, 02:08:59 am
Argon,
as the demulshooter was updated with the game Friction I got the new version and the virtua cop3 chihiro stopped working. I'm using this command to run the rom according to what was passed in the manual:

I have the same problem, but I also can't "start" the game with a mapped out key even when I run the rom without demulshooter when I launch the game via command prompt. If I launch the emu and then load the rom, the keyboard controls seem to work.

Can you execute the game via command prompt without running demulshooter and see if your controls still work?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2020, 08:01:42 pm by Mindwipe »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Just wanted to see if you could get this working with the Redream emulator???
Understand I could use demul for Dreamcast but redream is what I’m using atm.
Hello,
Redream is "only" a Dreamcast emulator, whereas Demul also allow to run Naomi, Naomi2, Hikaru and Atomiswave arcade games.
And unfortunatelly for you, DemulShooter is only targetting Demul's arcade games, not Dreamscast games. This is why, at the end, redream is useless for our case.

Argon,

I finally managed to reproduce the issue, after a dozen times without error.
DemulShooter ended in some kind of infinite loop while waiting for Cxbx to load the rom completely
This only happened once, and never when I ran DemulShooter way after the game has started. I think you can try (for now, untill I figure it out) to add some kind of delay to run demulshooter or even just try to run it once you're at the main menu just to seet if it's working or not

Yes, I have both setup: 2 bar in mode 2 and 1 bar in mode 4 + touchmote.

All games works perfectly, I have only a problem with this config: Luigi's Mansion + NEW demulshooter64 + touchmote + 1 bar in mode 4, the cursors don't move.

So I think the new demulshooter64 doesn't work with touchmote.
Unfortunatelly, I don't have WiiMotes to test.
I'm currently working on a new version of demulshooter that could handle analog devices, Wiimotes or whatever directly without using Xinput dlls (I don't know if they are compatible with 64bits asembly)
I can't say for sure if this is the reason why it's not working for you, or if the new version will improve things (just that it's not ready yet)

And here's DemulShooter v8.8.1, correcting autofire not working in Friction :
- Edit (important) : a new VSIOBOARD.dll (v2) has been made, but I didn't test it with DemulShooter so be carefull if you want to use it
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 05:59:53 am by argonlefou »

Ace

• Offline Offline
Thanks a lot for your reply Argon 👍🏻 Just that Dreamcast has a few gun games like Confidetial mission and HOTD2 etc so just wondered if this would be possible. Understand you can play these games on different platforms anyways just thought I’d ask and see.
I think the guys at redream are working on adding mice support so hopefully guns will work soon.

Thanks again and keep up the amazing work 👍🏻🙏🏻😊

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Argon,

DemulShooter ended in some kind of infinite loop while waiting for Cxbx to load the rom completely
This only happened once, and never when I ran DemulShooter way after the game has started. I think you can try (for now, untill I figure it out) to add some kind of delay to run demulshooter or even just try to run it once you're at the main menu just to seet if it's working or not

Thanks Argon, with your instruction i managed to make it work, follow my ahk maybe help others:

Run, c:\cxbx\Cxbx.exe /load c:\cxbx\vc3.xbe, c:\cxbx
Sleep 5000
send,{AltDown}{Enter}{AltUp}
Sleep 5000
Run, c:\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3, c:\demulshooter

just don't forget to change the directories, if it's different from mine.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 08:58:54 am by punkdark2000 »

Ace

• Offline Offline
Argon,

Finally managed to get Demulshooter running with my Model 2 emulator and the script working for different crosshairs etc. However I may of missed something and need your help please. When using the crosshairs they are totally off from where the gun actually shoots and not in line by a long way. Configured the gun in set up etc but just wanted to ask if I’ve missed something. Using your latest build not the one that you recommend going back to is that the reason??

Thanks for any help

Paul

Forgot to add that I’m using a Aimtrak gun and it’s wireless 👍🏻

Also when I close the emulator in launchbox the demulShooter screen is still showing and doesn’t close automatically. Is there something I need to add to the Cmd line??

Thanks a lot and an amazing tool to use keep up the amazing work you do 😊
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:21:30 pm by Ace »

williecoiote

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 09:52:45 pm
Argon,

Thanks Argon, with your instruction i managed to make it work, follow my ahk maybe help others:

Run, c:\cxbx\Cxbx.exe /load c:\cxbx\vc3.xbe, c:\cxbx
Sleep 5000
send,{AltDown}{Enter}{AltUp}
Sleep 5000
Run, c:\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3, c:\demulshooter

just don't forget to change the directories, if it's different from mine.

Hey Punkdark2000.
This code of yours didn't work here.
When I start the game, the emulator opens and the game starts. After the "WARNING" screen, the emulator minimizes and does not return. I have to "close the process". Do you know how I can solve it?
Thanks!

Rambo1985

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2020, 11:47:01 am
Is it possible to play Rambo of Teknoparrot with a light gun or other weapon?

In case what do you recommend to buy? Thanks in advance.

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Hey Punkdark2000.
When I start the game, the emulator opens and the game starts. After the "WARNING" screen, the emulator minimizes and does not return. I have to "close the process". Do you know how I can solve it?
Thanks!

The first step is to disable this Warning message, enter the emulator and go to the settings option and click on the "Allow Admin Privilege" option. Close the emulator and try to run with the shortcut AHK that I sent.

Argon,
I'm using it with the April 2 version and it's working, if you want to update the manual with that information.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 09:54:03 am by punkdark2000 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Argon,

Finally managed to get Demulshooter running with my Model 2 emulator and the script working for different crosshairs etc. However I may of missed something and need your help please. When using the crosshairs they are totally off from where the gun actually shoots and not in line by a long way. Configured the gun in set up etc but just wanted to ask if I’ve missed something. Using your latest build not the one that you recommend going back to is that the reason??

Thanks for any help

Paul

Honestly I don't really remember such a model2 advice (it may be true but old and I may have forgotten)
the only thing I know, is that you have to set the crosshair option in model2 ini file to 0 because these will be totally off.
Model2 may still have aiming issue according to the display (16/9, 4/3, in fullscreen). That's something I want to have a look again soon

Argon,
I'm using it with the April 2 version and it's working, if you want to update the manual with that information.
Thanks, but here's an update correcting vcop3 bug, you shouldn't use timer anymore

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Argon,

Thanks for any help

Paul

Honestly I don't really remember such a model2 advice (it may be true but old and I may have forgotten)
the only thing I know, is that you have to set the crosshair option in model2 ini file to 0 because these will be totally off.
Model2 may still have aiming issue according to the display (16/9, 4/3, in fullscreen). That's something I want to have a look again soon

Argon,
Thanks, but here's an update correcting vcop3 bug, you shouldn't use timer anymore

Thanks Argon I tested the new version and it works great without the timer.

Ace

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the reply Argon 😊 and think I’ve sorted it now so not a issue 👍🏻🙏🏻  Totally new to this so just a learning curve atm.
Do I need to add anything else to the cmd line as when I close the emulator in launchbox I still have the Demulshooter screen up and have to press my two buttons that close the emulator again to close the shooter??

The only thing I’ve noticed when using the crosshairs etc is towards the left and right side of the screen it disappears. Pretty even on both sides so maybe something to do with display etc, I’m using fullscreen and have a 50” TV.

Just some feedback and if you do go back and look into Model 2 please let me know and thank you. Once I’ve sorted Model 2 I’ll be moving onto Naomi with Demul so might be back lol 👍🏻☺️

Thanks again

Also don’t know how to attach comments or quote etc ☺️ Total noob 🙏🏻😂😇 sorry

williecoiote

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2020, 09:52:45 pm
Hey Punkdark2000.
Thanks!

The first step is to disable this Warning message, enter the emulator and go to the settings option and click on the "Allow Admin Privilege" option. Close the emulator and try to run with the shortcut AHK that I sent.

Argon,

Hi Punkdark2000
I tried to do it again here and it still didn't work.
The "WARNING" message is not from the emulator (Admin Privileges, as it is already checked), but from the game itself.
After this message disappears and the cutscene will start, then the game minimizes.

Ace

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon,

Need some help with getting Demulshooter running with Demul please. All games work firstly with Demul however once adding the cmd line for the shooter it doesn’t load

Cmd line I'm using is : DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=hotd2

Demulshooter loads up but not the game 🤷🏼‍♂️ Get a screen that flashes up for a second please see pic and then nothing.

Just some more info as I’m using this in launchbox my emulator is just ‘Demul’ no 07a extension or anything.
Have a default line cmd parameter in launchbox which is ‘-run=naomi -rom=‘ removing this and no games load.

Hoping you or anyone can help out please

Thanks a lot

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Hey Punkdark2000.
Thanks!

Argon,

Hi Punkdark2000
I tried to do it again here and it still didn't work.
The "WARNING" message is not from the emulator (Admin Privileges, as it is already checked), but from the game itself.
After this message disappears and the cutscene will start, then the game minimizes.

With the new version that Argon made available, you no longer need this timer, you can run the same way as before.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2020, 12:58:49 pm by punkdark2000 »

kill_one

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2023, 01:16:21 pm
@argonlefou are you also working on the support of Lost Land Adventure?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
@argonlefou are you also working on the support of Lost Land Adventure?
I already answerd that a few times recently : no. Not before a patch to "flatten" game mechanics or not untill I have a lot of time to make arithmetics calculations to be able to use this dome-screen game

Hi Argon,

Need some help with getting Demulshooter running with Demul please. All games work firstly with Demul however once adding the cmd line for the shooter it doesn’t load

Cmd line I'm using is : DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=hotd2

Demulshooter loads up but not the game 🤷🏼‍♂️ Get a screen that flashes up for a second please see pic and then nothing.

Just some more info as I’m using this in launchbox my emulator is just ‘Demul’ no 07a extension or anything.
Have a default line cmd parameter in launchbox which is ‘-run=naomi -rom=‘ removing this and no games load.

Hoping you or anyone can help out please

Thanks a lot
As always......baby steps and debug files

Start by runing demul alone, windowed mode to make sure the emulator is working
Then use demulshooter by using a commandline manually and see what is happening with your windowed demul (control, buttons, etc..)
Then only at the end try to make the whole thing work together with frontends, scripts or whatever you want to use without knowing exactly what it is really doing behind the curtain

At any steps, use the -v command of demulshooter to create and share a debug file if you have trouble

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Sorry Argon, Finally I managed to display Art is dead in 640x240p with dgvooodoo instead of 640x480i. It looks nicer in crt screens.
 The problem is the aiming gets missaligbed as happened with m2emu using dxwnd. Do you think this can be fixed? I know its not a mainstream game, but gungallery+ arts, like it

Ace

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon,

Thanks a lot and defo baby steps 🤪 cmd lines etc go totally over my head and running -v cmd even more so with DemulShooter 🤦🏻‍♂️🙏🏻 Sorry.

Good news though after multiple tries etc I finally have this working thank you ☺️
Also in Model 2 I can actually access the service menu and change settings and do gun calibration all with my Aimtrack so very happy.

Need some help with Demul though please 🙏🏻 Hotd i can access the Test/service menu and scroll through with the trigger and select with either my right or left button which is fine and works perfect 👍🏻

However with Confidential Mission I can access the Test/service menu but the trigger doesn’t scroll through and the right button does nothing. Was hoping you could look into this for me when you have time please and help out as I thought if hotd2 works I thought this would work the same??!

I’ve attached pics of my settings etc and hope that helps

Thanks a lot and hope you don’t mind me asking 🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

Paul

« Last Edit: April 12, 2020, 07:41:21 am by Ace »