Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976261 times)

tvsurfer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2021, 03:30:05 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
2P Right button on 'Music GunGun! 2' functions as an in-screen shot, not as an out-of-screen shot.(DemulShooter 8.5.5, Win7 x64)
Am I the only one?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:03:10 pm by tvsurfer »

fjser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 01:42:51 pm
Quick question - I see in the directions that latest supported version of Demul is Demul 0.7a 180428.  Doe earlier 0.7a builds work as well?  Reason I ask is it appears my Romset for Naomi is outdated and many don't work with the newest version.  I do have latest Mame Rom set, would these work with the newer DEmul builds? some appear to now be disk images instead of rom zips?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:39:52 am
Quick question - I see in the directions that latest supported version of Demul is Demul 0.7a 180428.  Doe earlier 0.7a builds work as well? 
Unfortunatelly not, unless you want to rollback to an older version of DemulShooter (look into the changelog to find Demul version updates) but I wouldn't advise to do that

Reason I ask is it appears my Romset for Naomi is outdated and many don't work with the newest version.  I do have latest Mame Rom set, would these work with the newer DEmul builds? some appear to now be disk images instead of rom zips?
You can use the -listxml command to export Demul rom list into some xml file (demul.exe -listxml > demul.xml, and you can then  use it with ClrMamePro to check and make a good romset.
I can't explain with more details here but that's the safest way to have a fully compatible romset with the latest available Demul build

fjser

• Offline Offline
That worked. Thanks.

Side note - does anyone know if HOTD4 works on Windows 7? Running it in TP 1.93 and i get a S-K-I-D-R-O-W  App ID not comnfigurd message and I cant figure it out...

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
Yes. It works very well. For demulshooter u must use tp. 122.
For skidrow...... Stop use cracked steam games... For solve try to run an exe  a cracked steam game..

fjser

• Offline Offline
actually, it was my attempt to hack steam to work offline permanently that was causing teknoparrot to generate the skidrow error..quite strange. I undid my changes and it fixed the issue..thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

fjser

• Offline Offline
Wondering - are most people playing older light gun games that were originally 4:3 in widescreen? or leaving to original aspect ratio? I am doing the later, but looking to add bezels, and having trouble finding the AHK Script to prevent clicking outside the window...

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
hi Argon.
Cxbx reloaded has made great progress in these months.
Could you relate to Virtua Cop3?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
It's true, I tried the last cxbx version a week ago, and they resolved the issues with amd cards.
For me that version keeps working anyways with demulshooter as is.
I created a false fullscreen, and had to launch demulshooter once launched the game, else it crashed. I automated all this with ahk.
The only thing is that first time I run the game, It crash even launching demulshooter after the game, though I'm not very sure of this behaviour, It doesn't make any sense to me
« Last Edit: July 10, 2019, 03:38:23 pm by phasermaniac »

flippn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2023, 11:42:34 am
Am I missing something? I am trying to set 2 lightguns up for the Sammy Atomiswave. When I go to calibrate the guns in a game they are seen as the same gun. I am using the latest demulshooter and demul180428. Any help is appreciated.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
hi Argon.
Cxbx reloaded has made great progress in these months.
Could you relate to Virtua Cop3?

I just tried vcop3 as well on the latest version of Cxbx and it's smooth as butter. No audio issues any more and most of the graphic glitches are gone. Got a pretty steady fps of 60 throughout the game. Hopefully Argon can get the lightguns working now in full screen 2 player. Fingers crossed.

flippn

• Offline Offline
Am I missing something? I am trying to set 2 lightguns up for the Sammy Atomiswave. When I go to calibrate the guns in a game they are seen as the same gun. I am using the latest demulshooter and demul180428. Any help is appreciated.

I figured it out.

pharmtech78

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 19, 2021, 04:58:49 pm
@ argonlefou, support for transformers human alliance coming soon?  :)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Unfortunatelly, I have no idea : for now the game is still Patreon only

flippn

• Offline Offline
Unfortunatelly, I have no idea : for now the game is still Patreon only
if you need a patreon key I can give you one of mine.

lllll44

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2024, 07:58:49 pm
HI, can someone help me please demulshooter... why i see gibberish lines when i try to select devices and not the name of the device (i use myflash dolphin bar with 2 wiimotes)?
thanks.
here is the pic of the "gibberish"...
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/279739351410147328/607653499672592423/demulshooter.png
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 04:12:39 pm by lllll44 »

lightgungamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2020, 02:43:28 am
  • I love playing Light Gun Games
    • LightgunGame.com
I see the same thing. I think that is just the id that the gun is getting.
On mine, it is picking the device up though and if you go into the calibration utility, you can work out which its the correct device so that you can pick the right one in the config.
https://LightGunGamer.com - every Lightgun game and how to play them
Dolphin Emulator

lightgungamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 24, 2020, 02:43:28 am
  • I love playing Light Gun Games
    • LightgunGame.com
Has anyone had any further luck with Virtua Cop 3 in full screen?

I can play it in windowed mode fine in any resolution.
In full screen, I can play it at lower resolutions but the gun wont aim over the whole screen - there will be a hard border somewhere on the right third of the screen (almost like something thinks the screen is shifted to the left).

When I go up to higher resolution like 1920x1080, the aim reticule is just way off - it just flicks between the top and bottom of the screen.

on windowed mode, I can get it up to full screen resolution and hide the task bar but there is still the menu bar at the top. It would be awesome to remove everything!

https://LightGunGamer.com - every Lightgun game and how to play them
Dolphin Emulator

mangueboy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2019, 03:33:31 pm
Hello, i knew on shooter games and by 2 dolphins bars. I can confirme that 2 dolphins bars work like fine with 2 wiimotes, like 2 lights guns. I run Diag and boths  wiimote was detect and show a very good accuracy cursors movement and "B" and "A" buttons  work.  But when launch Demulshooter, i cant hooking with LGI (Let's Go Island) teckonparrot 1.0.0.201. The are any incompatibility with 8.5.5 version?

20:53:59.192753 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
20:53:59.192753 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_0079&PID_1802&MI_01&Col01#a&2ed3710b&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
20:53:59.192753 : P1 Device Handle = 65601
20:53:59.192753 : P2 device = \\?\HID#VID_0079&PID_1802&MI_01&Col01#7&3605ae53&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
20:53:59.208375 : P2 Device Handle = 65599
20:53:59.208375 : P3 device =
20:53:59.208375 : P3 Device Handle = 0
20:53:59.208375 : P4 device =
20:53:59.208375 : P4 Device Handle = 0
20:53:59.208375 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=ringwide
20:53:59.208375 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=lgi
20:53:59.223996 : Cmdline arg 3 : -parrotloader
20:53:59.223996 : Cmdline arg 4 : -v
20:53:59.223996 : Waiting for RingWide lgi game to hook.....

gtavccat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2022, 08:25:49 pm
Hi Argonlefou,PS2 Crisis zone and TimeCrisis2/3 Is it possible to hide the Crosshair in Controller mode?  :)
My lightgun and wiimote can't use nuvee Plugin,So they can't play ps2 lightgun game in guncon mode.
Finally my friend make PcSx2MPv1.01.exe, It can change the Crosshair to the absolute position of the mouse in controller mode,It makes CrisisZone run perfectly, no fog.
But it have a little lag,So I think If hide Crosshair, then lag will not so obvious.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160807.msg1693493.html#msg1693493    Here is the software I shared. ;D

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Finally my friend make PcSx2MPv1.01.exe, It can change the Crosshair to the absolute position of the mouse in controller mode,It makes CrisisZone run perfectly, no fog.
Does this work with police 911? it doesn't work with nuvee

gtavccat

• Offline Offline
Not supported, all the supported games are listed in my post.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2019, 08:18:07 pm by gtavccat »

gtavccat

• Offline Offline
Does this work with police 911? it doesn't work with nuvee
Not supported, all the supported games are listed in my post. :)

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
Hi Argonlefou,PS2 Crisis zone and TimeCrisis2/3 Is it possible to hide the Crosshair in Controller mode?  :)
My lightgun and wiimote can't use nuvee Plugin,So they can't play ps2 lightgun game in guncon mode.
But it have a little lag,So I think If hide Crosshair, then lag will not so obvious.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,160807.msg1693493.html#msg1693493    Here is the software I shared. ;D

I have shared this utility already and asked Argon that is it possible to add this function to demulshooter.

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149714.msg1654496.html#msg1654496

But he said he won't do that.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 03:45:02 am by hyo2012 »

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:45:57 am
Hello, i knew on shooter games and by 2 dolphins bars. I can confirme that 2 dolphins bars work like fine with 2 wiimotes, like 2 lights guns. I run Diag and boths  wiimote was detect and show a very good accuracy cursors movement and "B" and "A" buttons  work.  But when launch Demulshooter, i cant hooking with LGI (Let's Go Island) teckonparrot 1.0.0.201. The are any incompatibility with 8.5.5 version?

Hi, you must use previous version of TP (I think .112 is ok) and 8.5.4 of Demulshooter.

mangueboy

• Offline Offline

Hi, you must use previous version of TP (I think .112 is ok) and 8.5.4 of Demulshooter.

Thanks, but i have Windows 10 pro 1903 x64 and  tried now in the morning teknoparrot 112 and demulshooter 8.5.4. No go. Demulshooter canīt hook up with teknoparrot LGI( Let's Go Island 3D). I really dont known what  to do. tried others versions of Tecnoparrot, 118 and 140. But dont have lucky. My 2 Dolphin bars work very well with 2 wiimotes, like a light gun and only need that Demulshooter hook up with LGI exe file. I really have make any mistake in my setting. I read about loaders of arcade roms and demulshooter about um monthy and may be i missing any detail of setting of Demulshooter and teknoparrot.

Teknoparrot 112 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=10Yc5xR800mXl9gZo94fymmlnVuLkcjFE
Teknoparrot 118 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=10wvZHp7Ix5ilqRS6Dla90VZeN8Yhfot0
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:10:21 am by mangueboy »

mangueboy

• Offline Offline

Thanks, but i have Windows 10 pro 1903 x64 and  tried now in the morning teknoparrot 112 and demulshooter 8.5.4. No go. Demulshooter canīt hook up with teknoparrot LGI( Let's Go Island 3D). I really dont known what  to do. tried others versions of Tecnoparrot, 118 and 140. But dont have lucky. My 2 Dolphin bars work very well with 2 wiimotes, like a light gun and only need that Demulshooter hook up with LGI exe file. I really have make any mistake in my setting. I read about loaders of arcade roms and demulshooter about um monthy and may be i missing any detail of setting of Demulshooter and teknoparrot.

Teknoparrot 112 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=10Yc5xR800mXl9gZo94fymmlnVuLkcjFE
Teknoparrot 118 - https://drive.google.com/open?id=10wvZHp7Ix5ilqRS6Dla90VZeN8Yhfot0

I finally found what was wrong. In Demulshooter wiki homepage  for RingWide commander instruction for Letīs go Island is "DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi", but i have 3D version with have lgi.exe executable file. Today I went to see the commands to Ghost and saw unintentionally that correct command is "-lgi3D", not lgi. I think this mistake is very intuitive if you dont read all wiki instruction. Thank of you help with compatibility versions of teknoparrot and demulshooter. I I'm crazy now to converting 2 jolts light guns for pc that i find in ebay with aimtrak oem kit with superb easy "SlyBlueFox" project http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,119610.msg1579959.html#msg1579959

SuperMagoAlex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:45:57 am
I finally found what was wrong. In Demulshooter wiki homepage  for RingWide commander instruction for Letīs go Island is "DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi", but i have 3D version with have lgi.exe executable file. Today I went to see the commands to Ghost and saw unintentionally that correct command is "-lgi3D", not lgi. I think this mistake is very intuitive if you dont read all wiki instruction. Thank of you help with compatibility versions of teknoparrot and demulshooter. I I'm crazy now to converting 2 jolts light guns for pc that i find in ebay with aimtrak oem kit with superb easy "SlyBlueFox" project http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,119610.msg1579959.html#msg1579959

I am happy to hear that you solved the problem :)
About lightguns, I prefer to use Wiimotes because they are wireless and I can hide them in my cabinet. I think, however, Aimtrak are more accurate.

mangueboy

• Offline Offline

I am happy to hear that you solved the problem :)
About lightguns, I prefer to use Wiimotes because they are wireless and I can hide them in my cabinet. I think, however, Aimtrak are more accurate.
Wireless is really a good option, but this babys have recoil of a real arcade guns and this makes things much more realistics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFCVvIDXm-w&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 06:43:54 pm by mangueboy »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I finally found what was wrong. In Demulshooter wiki homepage  for RingWide commander instruction for Letīs go Island is "DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi", but i have 3D version with have lgi.exe executable file. Today I went to see the commands to Ghost and saw unintentionally that correct command is "-lgi3D", not lgi. I think this mistake is very intuitive if you dont read all wiki instruction. Thank of you help with compatibility versions of teknoparrot and demulshooter.
I do agree that naming vanilla LGI file "LGI_RingW_F_Safe.exe" and LGI3D file "LGI.exe" is really tricky but this is something I can't change, as the filename was choosen either by the original game developper or the cracker.
It's better to know exactky  the version of the game you're using rather than looking at the exe name, as - for example with aliens extermination dump or haunted museum 2 - you can have the same game with various exe names according to the person who cracked/released it, or even worse : different exe (with different addresses to hook) with the same filename

Anyway, good luck with your joltgun mod and enjoy  :applaud:
« Last Edit: August 18, 2019, 08:30:34 am by argonlefou »

mangueboy

• Offline Offline
I finally found what was wrong. In Demulshooter wiki homepage  for RingWide commander instruction for Letīs go Island is "DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi", but i have 3D version with have lgi.exe executable file. Today I went to see the commands to Ghost and saw unintentionally that correct command is "-lgi3D", not lgi. I think this mistake is very intuitive if you dont read all wiki instruction. Thank of you help with compatibility versions of teknoparrot and demulshooter.
I do agree that naming vanilla LGI file "LGI_RingW_F_Safe.exe" and LGI3D file "LGI.exe" is really tricky but this is something I can't change, as the filename was choosen either by the original game developper or the cracker.
It's better to know exactky  the version of the game you're using rather than looking at the exe name, as - for example with aliens extermination dump or haunted museum 2 - you can have the same game with various exe names according to the person who cracked/released it, or even worse : different exe (with different addresses to hook) with the same filename

Anyway, good luck with your joltgun mod and enjoy  :applaud:

I have one more problem know. First i set my 2 dophin bars to mode 2(wiimotes work like a 2 light guns), but in game one  crosshairs works very precisely and another jumps from edge to edge.
I tried mode 4 with touchmote setting up my two wiimotes like 2 xbox 360 joysticks (crosshairs set to left stick) and resuted in  same problem with one crosshair. There are any solution for this strange behavior of one crosshair in Letīs go Island 3D with 2 players?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I have one more problem know. First i set my 2 dophin bars to mode 2(wiimotes work like a 2 light guns), but in game one  crosshairs works very precisely and another jumps from edge to edge.
I tried mode 4 with touchmote setting up my two wiimotes like 2 xbox 360 joysticks (crosshairs set to left stick) and resuted in  same problem with one crosshair. There are any solution for this strange behavior of one crosshair in Letīs go Island 3D with 2 players?

Unfortunatelly, I do not own any Wiimote... so I never used touchmote  :-\

mangueboy

• Offline Offline

Unfortunatelly, I do not own any Wiimote... so I never used touchmote  :-\
Finally i solve this problem. Whem use 2 dolphin bars, seems each wiimote only respond to you assigned bar. Dont understand why. I have only one more doubt. Ginzu make a great tuto to HOTD4 dual wiimote. I saw they assign wiimotes buttons in Teknoparrot with Demulshooter. I thought Demulshooter would go  block any teknoparrot "controller setup" setting. To Lets go Island, i need set "Gun Left and Right Trigger" of player 1 and 2, but dont how setting others buttons of wiimote with demulshooter, like Ginzu do in tutorial. I tried, but dont work. Can you help me? 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Finally i solve this problem. Whem use 2 dolphin bars, seems each wiimote only respond to you assigned bar. Dont understand why. I have only one more doubt. Ginzu make a great tuto to HOTD4 dual wiimote. I saw they assign wiimotes buttons in Teknoparrot with Demulshooter. I thought Demulshooter would go  block any teknoparrot "controller setup" setting. To Lets go Island, i need set "Gun Left and Right Trigger" of player 1 and 2, but dont how setting others buttons of wiimote with demulshooter, like Ginzu do in tutorial. I tried, but dont work. Can you help me?
Demulshooter will block all Tecknoparrot input only if you add the -parrotloader option in the command line.
If not, only gun buttons are blocked and you can set START, SERVICE, and other buttons directly in Tecknoparrot

By the way, the -parrotloader may not be as usefull as it was in the past. It seems that tecknoparrot is handling controls in a better way now but I can't confirm that everything is working in all games as I didn't touched any of this for a long time

mangueboy

• Offline Offline
Demulshooter will block all Tecknoparrot input only if you add the -parrotloader option in the command line.
If not, only gun buttons are blocked and you can set START, SERVICE, and other buttons directly in Tecknoparrot
By the way, the -parrotloader may not be as usefull as it was in the past. It seems that tecknoparrot is handling controls in a better way now but I can't confirm that everything is working in all games as I didn't touched any of this for a long time
s
All work very nice now. Thanks, Argonlefou. I go to learn now anything  about htk scripts. Any good tutorial to loaders and you roms?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
All work very nice now. Thanks, Argonlefou. I go to learn now anything  about htk scripts. Any good tutorial to loaders and you roms?
Not really....I'd say Google  ;D

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon I Use Demulshooter for vcop3. it runs very well, in full screen too.
but i don't understand a thing.
the first time, only the first time that i launch the game with demulshooter i recive this error and demulshooter don't hook.

Le informazioni su come richiamare il debug JIT (Just-In-Time) anziché questa finestra
sono riportate in fondo al messaggio.

************** Testo dell'eccezione **************
System.NullReferenceException: Riferimento a un oggetto non impostato su un'istanza di oggetto.
   in DemulShooter.Game_CxbxVcop3.SendInput(MouseInfo mouse, Int32 Player)
   in DemulShooter.WndParam.ProcessInput(MouseInfo mouse, Int32 player)
   in DemulShooter.WndParam.ProcessRawInput(IntPtr hDevice)
   in DemulShooter.WndParam.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   in System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Assembly caricati **************
mscorlib
    Versione assembly: 2.0.0.0
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.8806 (QFE.050727-8800)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
DemulShooter
    Versione assembly: 8.5.5.0
    Versione Win32: 8.5.5.0
    Base di codice: file:///c:/demulshooter/DemulShooter.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Windows.Forms.resources
    Versione Win32: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/2.0.0.0_it_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll
mscorlib.resources
    Base di codice: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

************** Debug JIT **************
Per attivare il debug JIT, č necessario impostare il valore
jitDebugging nella sezione system.windows.forms del file di configurazione
dell'applicazione o del computer (machine.config).
L'applicazione inoltre deve essere compilata con il debug
attivato.

Ad esempio:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

Quando il debug JIT č attivato, tutte le eccezioni non gestite
vengono inviate al debugger JIT registrato nel computer,
anziché essere gestite da questa finestra di dialogo.

all the next time all works great. can U help Me?
many thanks.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Well, Vcop3 with CxBx Reloaded is not a stable things because of the way the emulator is generating windows. That's why fullscreen is not possible right now with Demulshooter
Your error seems to be related to a window issue too, it's like the emulator window does not exists anymore and the program is crashing because this should never happen in a real world  :laugh:
Unfortunatelly, I can't do much for this :(

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
Argon I use the last release of cxbx and  demulshooter works in full screen!
« Last Edit: August 25, 2019, 04:18:18 am by xbrunox »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
By "nok working", I meant in the past that the aim is way off because the fullscreen was simply a stretched window and coordinate are totally wrong
It may have change since then though