Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976314 times)

shiryu55

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 18, 2023, 03:46:44 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1600 on: February 20, 2019, 02:12:22 pm »
someone could put some screenshots of how the rocket launcher is configured with demulshooter for house of the dead 3 pc.

with the trubleshooter I have it working, but I would like to change to demulshooter, because when I deactivate the option to hide cross in trubleshooter the two pistols stop working.

Atrain9

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2019, 08:18:22 pm
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1601 on: February 22, 2019, 04:00:55 pm »
I have elevator action death parade up and running with demulshooter!!(without gameloader)   However I am trying to add a bezel and was wondering how to add it to the game (without gameloader).  If i use gameloader I am able to add a bezel but for some reason demulshooter wont hook when I run game with gameloader .  Is this possible ? any help would be appreciated :)

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2024, 06:27:43 am
« Reply #1602 on: February 25, 2019, 09:47:13 am »
I have elevator action death parade up and running with demulshooter!!(without gameloader)   However I am trying to add a bezel and was wondering how to add it to the game (without gameloader).  If i use gameloader I am able to add a bezel but for some reason demulshooter wont hook when I run game with gameloader .  Is this possible ? any help would be appreciated :)

I did the test here using Gameloader and add the bezel, along with the demulshooter, it worked normal. Perfectly well, what's the problem going on for you?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
« Reply #1603 on: February 25, 2019, 11:49:39 am »
DemulShooter should work with GameLoader, but I know some older versions of gameloader blocked demulshooter and to be honest I don't know about latest one as I'm almost not using it
Anyway, here is a sample AHK script you can put in Elevator Action's folder to run it like a full screen with a bezel. Change the picture as you want
It's a WIP script, there are details like the windows start button etc...that may not be hidden but this is working overall

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1604 on: February 25, 2019, 12:48:02 pm »
DemulShooter should work with GameLoader, but I know some older versions of gameloader blocked demulshooter and to be honest I don't know about latest one as I'm almost not using it
Anyway, here is a sample AHK script you can put in Elevator Action's folder to run it like a full screen with a bezel. Change the picture as you want
It's a WIP script, there are details like the windows start button etc...that may not be hidden but this is working overall

I used version 323 and it worked fine.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1605 on: February 25, 2019, 12:54:21 pm »
Thanks  ;) Always nice to have this kind of feedback once in a while
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 02:28:25 am by argonlefou »

Atrain9

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2019, 08:18:22 pm
« Reply #1606 on: February 25, 2019, 08:19:13 pm »
Thanks  ;) Always nice to have this kind of feedback once in a while

Thanks a lot for the info and script !!!!

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
« Reply #1607 on: February 27, 2019, 01:23:22 pm »
I cannot get the bezel to show up in Elevator Action Death Parade.  Resolution is set to 720x1280, but I tried several different resolutions. I used the files in  eadp_ahk.zip, put the Loader_Background.png file in the images folder, and enabled BG in gameloader but nothing seems to work.  Anyone have any advice on what I may be missing?
Fate flies in fear of the moment

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1608 on: February 27, 2019, 03:49:18 pm »
I cannot get the bezel to show up in Elevator Action Death Parade.  Resolution is set to 720x1280, but I tried several different resolutions. I used the files in  eadp_ahk.zip, put the Loader_Background.png file in the images folder, and enabled BG in gameloader but nothing seems to work.  Anyone have any advice on what I may be missing?

In my case here it worked by setting the 1920x1080 resolution. The game presentation screen does not even appear, it only adjusts when it starts the 1 phase.

DMB77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1609 on: February 27, 2019, 06:14:30 pm »

In my case here it worked by setting the 1920x1080 resolution. The game presentation screen does not even appear, it only adjusts when it starts the 1 phase.
changing the resolution in Game Loader All RH, or JConfigEA? I tried both and it still won't work.  Whats really strange is that if i just launch Game Loader All RH everthing appears perfectly, but I have no inputs.

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 10:38:07 pm
« Reply #1610 on: February 28, 2019, 07:25:24 am »
Let's Go Jungle is now out on Teknoparrot patreon.  Hopefully will be available on the free version soon.  I quite like Let's Go Island so quite looking forward to this.  Some House Of The Dead 4 improvements would be nice too.

a5608498

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 12:13:43 pm
« Reply #1611 on: February 28, 2019, 09:45:30 am »
Virtua Cop 3 with:

DemulShooter_v8.5.3

Cxbx-Reloaded
Version 9c483f6 (Feb 26 2019)

USB Mouse

Cursor getting stuck on upper left corner after firing any shot. Any help?

Additionally, do you know what is the key for service and test button?

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1612 on: February 28, 2019, 10:46:33 am »

changing the resolution in Game Loader All RH, or JConfigEA? I tried both and it still won't work.  Whats really strange is that if i just launch Game Loader All RH everthing appears perfectly, but I have no inputs.

I changed the resolution in Game loader all, in jconfig I just put the credit and service key, you start the gun. In jconfig, the mouse is also unpinned. Just start the demulshooter and then the game that works perfect.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Virtua Cop 3 with:

DemulShooter_v8.5.3

Cxbx-Reloaded
Version 9c483f6 (Feb 26 2019)

USB Mouse

Cursor getting stuck on upper left corner after firing any shot. Any help?

Additionally, do you know what is the key for service and test button?
SERVICE and TEST buttons are mapped to "BACK" and "START" Xbox controller buttons, and you navigate on the TEST menu with "Dpad Up" and "Dpad Down" buttons
You can use a keyboard and set keys for these buttons with DirecInput mapping

As for your cursor, if you're using a regular mouse it's normal, demulshooter won't work. It needs some Xinput or RawInput compatible device
I just downloaded this release and can confirm it's still working with DemulShooter
« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 06:15:05 am by argonlefou »

sushko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:10:03 pm
Gaia Attack 4 English Patch

Hi I know there is an English patch for this game but I cant find it. If anyone knows how to get it please let me know

Thanks

Rich

DMB77

• Offline Offline

I changed the resolution in Game loader all, in jconfig I just put the credit and service key, you start the gun. In jconfig, the mouse is also unpinned. Just start the demulshooter and then the game that works perfect.
I figured out why this is happenening, but not how to fix it.  For some reason my ahk script is launching game.exe instead of game loader all rh.exe  If I start demulshooter command line then launch gameloader all rh, everthing works fine.   This is my script, maybe it's wrong?
;2p support
Run, C:\DemulShooter\demulshooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=eadp, C:\DemulShooter

;Hide Mouse Cursor
Run, C:\nomousy\nomousy.exe -h, C:\nomousy\

,Run game
Run, C:\Games\Emulation\Arcade Dumps\Elevator Action Death Parade\Game Loader All RH.exe, C:\Games\Emulation\Arcade Dumps\Elevator Action Death Parade

;Quit game
Escape::
   Process, Close, demulshooter.exe
   Run, C:\nomousy\nomousy.exe -s , C:\nomousy\
   GuiClose:
   GuiEscape:
   ExitApp
Return

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I figured out why this is happenening, but not how to fix it.  For some reason my ahk script is launching game.exe instead of game loader all rh.exe  If I start demulshooter command line then launch gameloader all rh, everthing works fine.   This is my script, maybe it's wrong?
It may be a space/quote issue, try replacing
Code: [Select]
Run, C:\Games\Emulation\Arcade Dumps\Elevator Action Death Parade\Game Loader All RH.exe, C:\Games\Emulation\Arcade Dumps\Elevator Action Death Parade
by

Code: [Select]
Run, "C:\Games\Emulation\Arcade Dumps\Elevator Action Death Parade\Game Loader All RH.exe", C:\Games\Emulation\Arcade Dumps\Elevator Action Death Parade
If you don't put quotes the script may stop at the "Game" word of "Game Loader All RH.exe" which, in this case , is the exact same name than the elevator action executable (game.exe)

DMB77

• Offline Offline
That did it Argon, Thank You!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
Public Release of Let's Go Jungle just came out.  YAY!!!!! :applaud: :applaud:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yup, but I wont be back at home to work on it until late March

Ginsonic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !
Yup, but I wont be back at home to work on it until late March

Thanks in advance Argon, and take your time  :cheers:

dgrace

• Offline Offline
A new Sega Model 2 UI created. Looks pretty cool with cool new features to come.

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
A new Sega Model 2 UI created. Looks pretty cool with cool new features to come.

Do you have a link?

dgrace

• Offline Offline

Bojo5150

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 11, 2022, 12:07:28 pm
@argonlefou

Would you be willing to update the RingWide games to include P1 Coin=5 and P2 Coin=6? I realize this is somewhat of a silly request but my PC has never supported Teknoparrot directinput (crashes when you attempt to change keys in Teknoparrot) instead I map xinput to an xbox one controller and remap using x360ke however it conflicts with demulshooter and I use your -parrotloader block capability.

If you can’t I totally understand as I’m likely the only person who wants it. I just like the “real feel” of my cabinet and having folks insert coins.

Thanks for your consideration!

icom6636

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2022, 09:28:42 pm
Hi New to this forum, have been a long time lurker,  I hope someone here would be kind enough to help me with a problem I am having with Demulshooter, I have a Windows 10 Pro 64b PC running the model2 v1.1a emulator, I have two aimtrak guns working fine in MAME, and I have tried both the latest version 8.5.3 and then tried v7.6 of Demulshooter.  The problem I am having is that none of the gun games, HOTD, VCOP,,and VOCP2 will work once I set the Emulation.ini variable UseRawInput=1, I have RawDevP1 set to 8 and RawDevP2 set to 9, both crosshairs  just hang, when I change to the UseRawInput=0, both crosshairs move separately but are the same color, and only the P1 will shoot  when the trigger is pulled.  I have attahced my debug.txt hoping someone can help point me in the right direction.  I have another PC running Windows 7 that I could try but my guns are permanently installed in the cabinet I built.  I will try that later but is a hasled to change the computer out.   :dizzy:

icom6636

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 20, 2022, 09:28:42 pm
I figured out what the issue was, it ended up being the Windows 10 video driver, I installed the AMD cataylist driver and all is working well, sorry for my previous post

SAMI

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2019, 07:00:34 am
  • Ok
So as another user said, it seems like regular mouse can't be used with this software. Raw input/ Xinput is required.

But how will I know if my mouse supports raw input?  Raw input did work on Sega Model 2 emulator if I set raw input to 1 in the ini file of that emulator and both my mouse works on that emulator.  So that means my mouse can do raw input, right?

Even in "Ds_Diag.exe" I can see the raw input coordinates changing with my mouse when I move mt cursor.

However, with demulshooter I just can't get my mouse to work on the games I tried [House of Dead 2 and House of Dead 3]. The mouse cursor is stuck on top left on HOD2 and as for HOD3, its stuck on middle.  At least I can shoot and reload in HOD2 but in HOD3 I can't even shoot with mouse. I'm guessing its because of registry issue but the keyboard controls are set to defaults and left untouched. So at least shooting and reloading is supposed to work.

I've set the correct mouse settings for p1 and p2 on the config Gui already. So that couldn't the problem either.

Things I did with my game that's worth mentioning:

I'm running House of Dead 2 and 3 at 2880x1234p with ultrawide hack. Does that interface with demulshooter?  It's just an simple hexedit, so I don't think that should freeze my mouse to a certain position either.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Signature

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
So as another user said, it seems like regular mouse can't be used with this software. Raw input/ Xinput is required.
"Seems" is nor really the adequate word....regular mouse won't work at all, it's a fact and this is by design and written since the very first readme/release

But how will I know if my mouse supports raw input?  Raw input did work on Sega Model 2 emulator if I set raw input to 1 in the ini file of that emulator and both my mouse works on that emulator.  So that means my mouse can do raw input, right?

Even in "Ds_Diag.exe" I can see the raw input coordinates changing with my mouse when I move mt cursor.
Unfortunatelly, coordinates changing means nothing : this is windows data and even with a regular mouse it outputs garbage, but these are not good coordinates
The real thing to look at are the red lines on Ds_Diag : If they are moving when you're moving your device, then it will work with Demulshooter

SAMI

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2019, 07:00:34 am
  • Ok
"Seems" is nor really the adequate word....regular mouse won't work at all, it's a fact and this is by design and written since the very first readme/release

Unfortunatelly, coordinates changing means nothing : this is windows data and even with a regular mouse it outputs garbage, but these are not good coordinates
The real thing to look at are the red lines on Ds_Diag : If they are moving when you're moving your device, then it will work with Demulshooter

I see. Thanks a lot for the info, I really appreciate it.

I guess then regular mouse is out of question. By the way, how does M2 emulator manage to get raw input from regular mouse? Both my regular mouse work as separate mouse on m2 emulator. I guess it's possible but demulshooter doesn't support it at the moment.

Anyway, is there any mouse that will work with demul shooter? If there's a mouse like that, then I can just buy that and use it.

And in the mean time, is it still possible for me to use functions like "No auto reload" on hod3 while still using my regular mouse? I tried setting my p1 controller to mouse instead of keyboard and while auto reload does get disabled, my mouse still gets stuck at center even though I set my p1 device to mouse, not keyboard as demulshooter required.   House of Dead 3 also doesn't allow user to play as P2 with mouse. I could always try the Wii version but the graphics of Wii version looks worse than the pc/xbox/chihiro version.
Signature

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
2Spicy is working on 193 TeknoParrot patreon release, so chalk up another shooter!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
2Spicy is working on 193 TeknoParrot patreon release, so chalk up another shooter!
Just need to wait for public release but it's not the best game of the whole Lindbergh set

Anyway, for now, DemulShooter v8.5.4:
- Added 2P support for let's go jungle with Tp 1.93
- Changed HOTD4 support to make it work with Tp 1.93

Note that they won't work with any other older release

Wiki has not been updated so to set them up :
- Unchek "use mouse for gun game" for both of them and set your Start and service keys normally with tp
- For HOTD4, you have to check "use offscreenreload hack" in Tp

Wiki update, LGJ crosshair patch and code update will come later this week end

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
Thank you so much!

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
Just need to wait for public release but it's not the best game of the whole Lindbergh set

Anyway, for now, DemulShooter v8.5.4:
- Added 2P support for let's go jungle with Tp 1.93
- Changed HOTD4 support to make it work with Tp 1.93

Note that they won't work with any other older release

Wiki has not been updated so to set them up :
- Unchek "use mouse for gun game" for both of them and set your Start and service keys normally with tp
- For HOTD4, you have to check "use offscreenreload hack" in Tp

Wiki update, LGJ crosshair patch and code update will come later this week end

Thanks

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
I tried to display hod4 to 640*240 in 15hz monitor but no luck.
changing all 000500000003 (the original 1280x768 resolution) by 80020000e001 (640x480). Works nice, but it vitrates as ot is an interlaced resolution.
But with 80020000f000 (640x240), the 3d rendering keeps displaying at 640x480, so the top half os not visible. You can simulate this in any monitor, in windowed mode

Hi Phaser pls can U Help me.

If  000500000003 is 1280x768, 80020000e001 is 640x480, 80020000f000 is 640x240 how is 640x384? how Can I calculate it whit no help? there is a program? thanks a lot.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I tried to display hod4 to 640*240 in 15hz monitor but no luck.
changing all 000500000003 (the original 1280x768 resolution) by 80020000e001 (640x480). Works nice, but it vitrates as ot is an interlaced resolution.
But with 80020000f000 (640x240), the 3d rendering keeps displaying at 640x480, so the top half os not visible. You can simulate this in any monitor, in windowed mode

Hi Phaser pls can U Help me.

If  000500000003 is 1280x768, 80020000e001 is 640x480, 80020000f000 is 640x240 how is 640x384? how Can I calculate it whit no help? there is a program? thanks a lot.
These are 32 bits HEX representation of a number. 640 = 0x00 00 02 80 and 384 = 0x00 00 01 80
It is then just a matter of swapping endianes and putting them together and you get your numbers to replace: 800200008001

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
Argon Thanks a lot as always.
but unfortunately it doesn't work ...
with the 640x480 string the horizontal dimension coincided perfectly with my 25khz screen, only the vertical dimension was wrong.
although with the string you supplied me the whole image is much bigger than my screen :(

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Thanks Argon! LGJ works great with dual aimtraks when using demulshooter. I'm still having some issues with HOTD4 even using demulshooter with v1.93. Player 2 gun works perfect but player 1 is a bit squirrelly. It makes me use all my grenades before I can shoot regularly and sometimes it will shoot both player 1 and 2 simultaneously. Anyone else having issues getting HOTD4 to work with demulshooter in dual mode? Just want to make sure it's not settings on my end.

I just played 2 player LGJ with my son. Was super fun. Thanks Argon for making this possible.

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
Hi all, does anyone know of any tricks/fixes to keep games like Haunted Museum from losing focus if one shoots around the edges of the screen?

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline

What is the command line to run lets go jungle?