Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976300 times)

phasermaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1440 on: November 21, 2018, 01:45:07 pm »
Well.....I just found a much easier way....just have to force the game to display the guns like real arcade mode and that's it  ;)

DemulShooter v8.3c
Amazing, Ill test this evening.
So it was hardcoded in the game or what?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1441 on: November 21, 2018, 05:14:46 pm »
Well.....I just found a much easier way....just have to force the game to display the guns like real arcade mode and that's it  ;)

DemulShooter v8.3c
Amazing, Ill test this evening.
So it was hardcoded in the game or what?
I don't really know the original code but yes, just removing a simple check make the game to be like in the arcade, and guns don't follow the target anymore and are hidden

It's not that surprising, they won't recode the whole game to port it so it may be a simple addition for the PC version
Just like VCOP3 is displaying crosshairs if pad are plugged and no crosshair if lightun are plugged, something similar
« Last Edit: November 21, 2018, 05:17:42 pm by argonlefou »

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 10:38:07 pm
« Reply #1442 on: November 22, 2018, 06:57:18 pm »
No Crosshair Patch - House Of The Dead 2 - PC Version

rename to .bin and put in tex folder

It seems to work OK, only needed to blank 4 hex values so I think I've just broken the crosshair image asset rather than blanking it.

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2018, 01:47:39 am
« Reply #1443 on: November 23, 2018, 10:50:07 am »
Does anyone have technoparrot 1.4. I still haven't found it. I had one member say they send it but they never did. So if anyone can get it to me I appreciate it so I can see if that allows me to get more technoparrot games to work.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
« Reply #1444 on: November 23, 2018, 05:27:16 pm »
Hey Argon, have you ever looked Big Buck Hunter Arcade? Looks like it has 2 player capabilities; and would be a fun 2 player gun game.  Thanks for all you do.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/455700/Big_Buck_Hunter_Arcade/

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 11:17:20 am
« Reply #1445 on: November 23, 2018, 06:02:24 pm »
Does anyone have technoparrot 1.4. I still haven't found it. I had one member say they send it but they never did. So if anyone can get it to me I appreciate it so I can see if that allows me to get more technoparrot games to work.
I think I have that version man, let me check tonight

Enviado desde mi SM-G532M mediante Tapatalk

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #1446 on: November 23, 2018, 07:45:48 pm »

Hey man, can I get it too?  :)

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1447 on: November 23, 2018, 10:21:47 pm »

Give me 2 hours to see in my drive guys.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1448 on: November 24, 2018, 12:51:17 am »
Cxbx released an update today.  Still have sound issues in vcop3.  The calibration/crosshairs seems a little better in fullscreen on this version for some reason than the previous one.  Still works perfectly in windowed mode though. 

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1449 on: November 24, 2018, 06:50:53 am »
For me vcop3 is still buggy. Mission 2 doesnt show anything, mission 1 only the beggining works.
I think its because of my amd gpu

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1450 on: November 24, 2018, 07:35:31 am »
No Crosshair Patch - House Of The Dead 2 - PC Version

rename to .bin and put in tex folder

It seems to work OK, only needed to blank 4 hex values so I think I've just broken the crosshair image asset rather than blanking it.
Thanks, I'll add it to the 1st message  ;)

Hey Argon, have you ever looked Big Buck Hunter Arcade? Looks like it has 2 player capabilities; and would be a fun 2 player gun game.  Thanks for all you do.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/455700/Big_Buck_Hunter_Arcade/
Yes, something like 6 months ago
But it was not succesfull, windows game (like Blue Estate, Rambo, etc...) tend to be a pain in the ass and moreover, this one is only 64bits so I didn't want to spend time on it
I think I made P1 work with Aimtrak and that's all

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #1451 on: November 24, 2018, 07:55:15 am »
cool! Is it possible to get a patch just to run one player aimtrak on big buck? I would be stoked just to play it with my gun!  :cheers:
"One coin to rule em' all"

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1452 on: November 24, 2018, 10:18:32 am »

Hey, I have the 1.41 version It is useful for you guys?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1453 on: November 24, 2018, 06:44:16 pm »
I just switched to win10 and now can't get Aliens dehasped exe to work.  The game loads fine but when I go to calibrate the aimtrak in test menu, the gun isn't even recognized.  Not sure what i'm doing wrong.  Worked fine before in Win7. I tried demulshooter v8.3c and a bunch of older versions and none of them recognized the guns in test menu. I'm sure i'm doing something wrong.

sushko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:10:03 pm
« Reply #1454 on: November 26, 2018, 05:55:52 pm »
Unfortunately windows 10 doesn't work with aliens out  of the box.
You will have to set up a virtual machine

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

sushko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:10:03 pm
« Reply #1455 on: November 26, 2018, 05:59:22 pm »
I know this is a bit off topic but I finally got the new version of demul on working with my light guns. I would also like to use this in hyperspin.  The new version of demulo does not seem to be supported by rocket launcher does anyone have a new module that will work with this. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 10:38:07 pm
« Reply #1456 on: November 27, 2018, 11:41:58 am »
Aliens does work in Windows 10, are you thinking of Silent Hill that requires a VM?

There is an issue where Argon's software can't seem to pick up the aliens screen resolution.  I'm sure he could explain better but of course he provided a solution.

Download Mouse Enabler:

https://github.com/argonlefou/AliensExtermination_MouseEnabler

Make sure you use the command line and input your screen resolution.  This worked for me with a similar issue, I got it working for the first time yesterday.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1457 on: November 27, 2018, 01:44:55 pm »
yes, it works in win10. Mouse enabler is for use instead of Demulshooter, and only provides one Gun/mouse support, I'm wrong?
I tested both solutions, and mouse enabler seems to work better for me, as with demulshooter when you shoot, the crosshair seems always go from 0,0 to your aiming coordinates.
As I'm using crt guns, this "lag" is very noticeable, and I have to use a huge long flashing and even so it's not working properly.
 I don't know if its a problem with IR guns. Do anybody have this problem?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2018, 01:47:19 pm by phasermaniac »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1458 on: November 27, 2018, 01:49:38 pm »
yes, it works in win10. Mouse enabler is for use instead of Demulshooter, and only provides one Gun/mouse support, I'm wrong?
I tested both solutions, and mouse enabler seems to work better for me, as with demulshooter when you shoot, the crosshair seems always go from 0,0 to your aiming coordinates.
As I'm using crt guns, this "lag" is very noticeable, and I have to use a huge long flashing and even so it's not working properly.
 I don't know if its a problem with IR guns. Do anybody have this problem?

So If I understand everyone correctly, if you have win10 and want to play dehasped Aliens, you can only play one player with aimtrak, by using mouse enabled. Otherwise you need to use VM if you want to use 2 aimtraks.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1459 on: November 27, 2018, 03:44:12 pm »
No, demulshooter works with aliens in win10.
I think mouseenabler was made for 1 mouse support but it works with one gun too.
What I described is a problem I have, and I think all crtlightguns users.

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #1460 on: November 27, 2018, 07:55:53 pm »

Hey, I have the 1.41 version It is useful for you guys?

Yes please

dgrace

• Offline Offline

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1462 on: November 28, 2018, 12:25:00 am »
Just tried Gaia 4 with 3 Aimtraks and worked perfectly.  Thanks Argon! So awesome.  Another game to add to my 3 player light gun wheel.

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1463 on: November 28, 2018, 01:12:07 pm »
Hey Dgrace, you are fast!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1464 on: November 28, 2018, 01:27:35 pm »
Hey Argon, I apologize if I asked this before, but is there any way to add support for up to 4 aimtraks for Dolphin games like Martian Panic, Attack on the movies 3d, or Gunslingers? It would be nice to not have to use my wiimotes for players 3 & 4 and instead use my 3rd Aimtrak gun.  Anyways, just curious.  Thanks
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 01:34:37 pm by dgrace »

leslie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 02:18:10 pm
« Reply #1465 on: December 03, 2018, 07:10:17 pm »
Hi argon! I'm confuse which version are we in now. The link says 8.3c but the file inside is 8.3b. Anyway my really concern is, is it possible to use demulshooter with Manic Panic Ghost? I tried using pokasuka in demulshooter command-line but apparently is not working. Will you be able to add -rom=manicpnc in the next version? Thanks alot anyway for this, we really are enjoying coop games.  ;)

anchounio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 04:24:10 pm
« Reply #1466 on: December 04, 2018, 07:29:46 am »
Reicast is emulating naomi games since a month ago!!
But I ignore if there's any recent windows version ot if
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 07:46:08 am by anchounio »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1467 on: December 05, 2018, 04:20:31 am »
Hey Argon, I apologize if I asked this before, but is there any way to add support for up to 4 aimtraks for Dolphin games like Martian Panic, Attack on the movies 3d, or Gunslingers? It would be nice to not have to use my wiimotes for players 3 & 4 and instead use my 3rd Aimtrak gun.  Anyways, just curious.  Thanks
I'mnot sure, but I really don't know. Making P2 to work is not really "user friendly" so I didn't look for more on this emulator

Hi argon! I'm confuse which version are we in now. The link says 8.3c but the file inside is 8.3b. Anyway my really concern is, is it possible to use demulshooter with Manic Panic Ghost? I tried using pokasuka in demulshooter command-line but apparently is not working. Will you be able to add -rom=manicpnc in the next version? Thanks alot anyway for this, we really are enjoying coop games.  ;)
The last one is really 8.3c.
I sometimes forget to update the GUI text, you should relly on the zip filename, demulshooter.exe -h command display or github wiki : these one will always be updated as needed

No, demulshooter works with aliens in win10.
I think mouseenabler was made for 1 mouse support but it works with one gun too.
What I described is a problem I have, and I think all crtlightguns users.
Yes Aliens is working perfectly well with both guns on Win10
And indeed mouse_enabler program is just made to play the game with the mouse (or aimtrak or any mouse-emulating device) , not for 2 players

@Phasermaniac : you say you have better results with the mouse_enabler tool, is it because of the  -resx and -resy parameters ? or is it just working better with default command ?

leslie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 02:18:10 pm
« Reply #1468 on: December 05, 2018, 01:37:12 pm »
I sometimes forget to update the GUI text, you should relly on the zip filename, demulshooter.exe -h command display or github wiki : these one will always be updated as needed

Thanks for the reply argon,  :) how about manicpanic ghost? can manicpnc.zip (english version of pokasuka) be played 2 players in the current demulshooter or will you be able to add that rom on the next version? Thanks!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1469 on: December 05, 2018, 03:49:32 pm »
I've just tested, and Mouse enabler works for me better than Demulshooter even without resolution parameters at 640x480 and 640x240.

With Demulshooter each shoot you fire the cursor seems to go from 0,0 all the path to your aiming, and Im using crt guns I have to use a way long flashing, over 120ms and, even so, some shots go to mid path.

with crt guns when you aim a dark zone or offscreen the cursor goes to 0,0.

With Mouseenabler the cursor seems to go from 0,0 to your aiming instantly without running all the path between, so I use a shorter flash and works perfect.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1470 on: December 05, 2018, 04:44:17 pm »

Thanks for the reply argon,  :) how about manicpanic ghost? can manicpnc.zip (english version of pokasuka) be played 2 players in the current demulshooter or will you be able to add that rom on the next version? Thanks!
Unfortunatelly no, the game is exactly the same as pokasuka. So the issue is the same
You can still play it alone with demulshooter by running the command -rom=pokasuka  (it will work), but for now P2 is not working and I haven't figured out how to do so yet
That beeing said, I'll add a corresponding command in the next version, to be (at least) corect with demul rom's list

I've just tested, and Mouse enabler works for me better than Demulshooter even without resolution parameters at 640x480 and 640x240.

With Demulshooter each shoot you fire the cursor seems to go from 0,0 all the path to your aiming, and Im using crt guns I have to use a way long flashing, over 120ms and, even so, some shots go to mid path.

with crt guns when you aim a dark zone or offscreen the cursor goes to 0,0.

With Mouseenabler the cursor seems to go from 0,0 to your aiming instantly without running all the path between, so I use a shorter flash and works perfect.
Well, I can't do much if it's not the resolution issue  :(
MouseEnabler and DemulShooter are not getting data the same way, and MouseEnabler can't be used for a second pointer device at all

voradori

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2019, 11:08:59 am
« Reply #1471 on: December 05, 2018, 05:36:23 pm »
Hi everyone

I've made a manual for Sega model 2 emu for 2-player setup using Wiimotes, Touchmote and DemulShooter.

----------------
My channel
with Wiimote Lightgun setups and playthroughs

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1472 on: December 06, 2018, 04:28:54 am »
Well, I can't do much if it's not the resolution issue  :(
MouseEnabler and DemulShooter are not getting data the same way, and MouseEnabler can't be used for a second pointer device at all
Real shame, but thanks anyway!

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1473 on: December 06, 2018, 08:18:29 pm »
okay. I have demulshooter working with demul through rocket launcher. I still can not get it to work through rocketlauncher with sega model 2. It works fine manually. Cursors go to corner when I use rocketlauncher though.

I also can not get guns calibrated for the gun games in technoparrot no matter what version of technoparrot I used. I tried newest. I tried 1.41. I can not get it to work. Can only get sega golden gun to work for techno because it does not require calibration. I go to calibration menu and it doesn't let me do it properly. I have done stuff like this in mame and sega model 2 so I am unsure why it is not working properly.

Anyone who is more experienced and has this working. I really appreciate you walking me through and figuring the rest of this out so I can finish my gun wheel for hyperspin. Thanks.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1474 on: December 07, 2018, 01:13:27 am »
okay. I have demulshooter working with demul through rocket launcher. I still can not get it to work through rocketlauncher with sega model 2. It works fine manually. Cursors go to corner when I use rocketlauncher though.

I also can not get guns calibrated for the gun games in technoparrot no matter what version of technoparrot I used. I tried newest. I tried 1.41. I can not get it to work. Can only get sega golden gun to work for techno because it does not require calibration. I go to calibration menu and it doesn't let me do it properly. I have done stuff like this in mame and sega model 2 so I am unsure why it is not working properly.

Anyone who is more experienced and has this working. I really appreciate you walking me through and figuring the rest of this out so I can finish my gun wheel for hyperspin. Thanks.
If you could describe your issue a little more, maybe people will be able to help you : "it doesn't let me do it properly" is not a very clear description.
Does the game crash ? Does the procedure hangs ? does it let you do it but calibration data are not saved the next time you play it ? etc...

atulb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2018, 09:19:18 pm
« Reply #1475 on: December 07, 2018, 01:48:02 pm »
I am really not sure what's happening, but there appears to be invisible wall or cursor restriction on right and left movements. This is happening with all my sega ringwide games only, I have tested one game on another platform (sega ringedge) but same emulator (teknoparrot) that works perfectly fine.

I use to have everything setup and working 100%, but recently had to reinstall windows and can't get my setup working the way it was. Can someone help, i been struggling with this for a few days.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1476 on: December 07, 2018, 07:22:09 pm »
No idea, are you using aimtrak? Mouse mode, not joystick?

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1477 on: December 08, 2018, 01:47:39 am »
If you could describe your issue a little more, maybe people will be able to help you : "it doesn't let me do it properly" is not a very clear description.
Does the game crash ? Does the procedure hangs ? does it let you do it but calibration data are not saved the next time you play it ? etc...

LGI does not register movements correctly when moving around the square. It doesn't seem to track. If I flick the gun in a direction I see some numbers move but doesnt seem to be do anything when I am moving around like it says.

Sega Dream Raiders does not register when I shoot at the corner points. Sometimes I can get it to go by if I move my gun incorrectly and get trigger happy. But it does not register the points no matter how many times I shoot the spot the right way.

Now I have done stuff like this in mame and demul and sega model 2 and it has worked. I do not know why it is doing this.

Operation Ghost I have not tried because I don't even have it working in full mode now.

Sega golden gun is only technoparrot game that is working for me. It didn't require calibration.

atulb

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 29, 2018, 09:19:18 pm
« Reply #1478 on: December 08, 2018, 02:44:32 pm »
No idea, are you using aimtrak? Mouse mode, not joystick?
wiimote

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1479 on: December 09, 2018, 10:41:30 am »
Well, with a bit of digging it turned out Demul was nulling all P2 values of pokasuka/manicpnc on purpose  :(
That's why the regular hack was not working with them...
Then once I got it to work - and because there is no calibration available - I noticed the same issue we got with Atomiswave games (the aim is not right on the edge of the screen when not using a 4:3 window for Demul)
I don't know why I didn't do it before, but I'm now auto-correcting it - and that applies to Atomiswave games too ! - so normally you should be able to play atomiswave games and pokasuka/manicpnc accuratelly  whether you choose stretch, 16:9 or 4:3 on demul's video option

So far I've tested a few pokasuka levels, all is working good (shoot, charge and drag'n drop)

All of this available in DemulShooter v8.4.0
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 10:46:12 am by argonlefou »