Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976687 times)

DMB77

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1400 on: November 08, 2018, 05:59:25 pm »
Okay the script worked just not sure why demul isn't auto hiding mouse in full screen.
Not sure if it's an error in Demul.  Mouse still autohides in version111117

Did "F11" key not work?

No F11 just shows/hides the red cursor.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:07:48 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:08:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1401 on: November 08, 2018, 06:24:22 pm »
Vcop3 in windowed mode worked great.  But you're right, in fullscreen mode, it's pretty buggy and all over the place.  Thanks for working on this.  Despite the screen being smaller (since it's in windowed mode) it's still way more fun with my aimtraks.  I'm sure once Cxbx does some updates, it will look way nicer (graphics wise) and will be easier to play in fullscreen mode with the guns.  Thanks again!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 07:47:32 pm
« Reply #1402 on: November 08, 2018, 06:34:08 pm »
For deathcox I am having this problem. The demul emulator 180428 has deathcox and deathcoxo for its list of games. For some reason it only loads deathcoxo. This is not true of other demul emulators. I can get them to load deathcox just fine. However, this one is different and of course since it can not load deathcox but only deathcoxo demulshooter does not work with it. I have the same setup with multiple demul emulators with roms and bios. So, it is something within this emulator. I am not sure how to get it to work without a different demul and a different demuls shooter that is compatible. I think other people who have a working deathcox probably are using a different demul and different version of demul shooter. I don't see anyway around this.
I can confirm that deathcoxo rom is working fine as well with the last demul and demulshooter, just use -rom=deathcox ti run DemulShooter
I don't know if deathcoxo appeared on the last build or before, but indeed the previous deathcox rom is not loading anymore (I think it can be settled by changing the rom according to MAME romset but I have no time for that)
Rom's variations aren't changing anything for DemulShooter for input and controls. And even 99% of Naomi/NAomi2 roms are handled the same way (Ninja Assault and Lupin beeing some exception)
I just created different parameters back then to apply different "Widescreen Hack" for each version of the rom if needed.
Thanks for pointing that out though, I don't re-test every rom each time and so I'll add a -target=deathcoxo parameter in the next build

I am also having a problem with ninjasltu. I can get in just fine and I think script is working but guns are not calibrated so they are not aiming at all. This service/test menu is different from any other one I have used in demul. To get into it you hit 0. To proceed on a choice you hit ctrl. I do not know how to go up and down so I can get anywhere. I have tired every key except f keys because they do not work in windows 10 well. I usually change them in emulator settings if there is something that needs them. However, I can not see any way to change this. This service menu is different and editing things that I can see do not change it. For example I have my service and test keys set to 8 and 9. But, you have to enter 0 to even get in this one. Anyway, if I could figure out how to navigate to calibrate the gun I think this one would work.
For Ninjaslt you enter TEST mode by pressing the "JVS TEST" button (from controller config) which is 0 for me too
If you press it on boot you get to the whole system TEST menu
If you press it on the game's main screen you get to the game TEST menu (with calibration and coin option for the game). For this one I can go up/down with [Z] and [ S] key (AZERTY keyboard) and select with Numpad4
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 06:36:46 pm by argonlefou »

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 04, 2022, 10:38:07 pm
« Reply #1403 on: November 08, 2018, 07:19:12 pm »
I've upgraded to DemulShooter 8.3 and the latest working version of Demul (demul07_180428) but now when I enter full screen my mouse won't hide like it used to in previous versions.  Any idea how to fix this?

You've probably tried this but doing alt-enter to go back out of fullscreen mode and then alt-enter to go back in removes the mouse cursor when I have this issue for me.

mickey1007

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 25, 2023, 11:37:50 pm
« Reply #1404 on: November 08, 2018, 09:25:42 pm »
Hi, i need help on setting up 2 mouses in one pc for any arcade light games. Anyone can pls help?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1405 on: November 09, 2018, 03:07:38 am »
For deathcox I am having this problem. The demul emulator 180428 has deathcox and deathcoxo for its list of games. For some reason it only loads deathcoxo. This is not true of other demul emulators. I can get them to load deathcox just fine. However, this one is different and of course since it can not load deathcox but only deathcoxo demulshooter does not work with it. I have the same setup with multiple demul emulators with roms and bios. So, it is something within this emulator. I am not sure how to get it to work without a different demul and a different demuls shooter that is compatible. I think other people who have a working deathcox probably are using a different demul and different version of demul shooter. I don't see anyway around this.
Just for information, I just got a deathcox.zip rom from MAME 0.199 romset, it's working perfectly now with Demul
Working deathcox.zip CRC32 = C3BD99E1

You've probably tried this but doing alt-enter to go back out of fullscreen mode and then alt-enter to go back in removes the mouse cursor when I have this issue for me.
It's working but it may not be a good solution for frontend users on a cab without any keyboard  ;)

Hi, i need help on setting up 2 mouses in one pc for any arcade light games. Anyone can pls help?
No, because there is no way you can do that with 2 regular mice

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
« Reply #1406 on: November 09, 2018, 03:52:01 pm »
Hi! I tested last version and runs nice in vc3 windowed, not fullscreen.
It works faster than using x360ce for emulating the analog with the guns in joystick mode. so with demulshooter I can play with crt guns, thanks!
Sorry Argon, what did you use to edit .afs graphics in house of dead 3 pc?

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2018, 01:47:39 am
« Reply #1407 on: November 09, 2018, 09:14:35 pm »
Just for information, I just got a deathcox.zip rom from MAME 0.199 romset, it's working perfectly now with Demul
Working deathcox.zip CRC32 = C3BD99E1

If you don't mind it still be helpful if your program could run deathcoxo. Since sites have been going down everywhere it is harder for me to find good roms then before. I wouldn't know where to find this new updated deathcox.zip you found. Thanks for your consideration.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1408 on: November 10, 2018, 04:29:51 am »
Sorry Argon, what did you use to edit .afs graphics in house of dead 3 pc?
This one can simply be opened with 7-Zip ! You can extract DDS files, wich are DirectX textures files

If you don't mind it still be helpful if your program could run deathcoxo. Since sites have been going down everywhere it is harder for me to find good roms then before. I wouldn't know where to find this new updated deathcox.zip you found. Thanks for your consideration.
You should pay more attention to my answer : you can already run deathcoxo with the command -rom=deathcox
And as I said : I do totally agree with you,  the command -rom=deathcoxo will be added in the next release. But, as for all hotd2 commands, they all share the same input handling system and are basically only alliases to respect the ROMset naming convention. So no hurry

And to point out a working deathcoxo rom never meant that I won't add it, but just that this is not an emulator issue or something like this....there is a way to make all those rom work

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1409 on: November 10, 2018, 12:16:02 pm »
thanks argonlefou for clairfying. I just wanted to make sure you add deathcoxo because in rocket launcher it is a challenge to get it to load rom deathcoxo but get it to run your demulshooter deathcox because of the way they set up code in module for demul.

Anyway, I have moved up to technoparrot now. I was able to get sgg to run without any problems. I am having problems with lgi and sdr because I get to calibration screen and it doesn't let me really do anything. I have calibrated stuff on several systems like mame, and demul. I am not sure why it isn't let me calibrate. It doesn't seem to register my gun movement. I have no idea why. How do you calibrate these 2 games, lgi and sdr? BTW, I haven't tried OG yet because after I figure out lgi and sdr I will try to get OG to run in fullscreen and then get demulshooter to work. I haven't gotten there yet but plan to.

sushko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:10:03 pm
« Reply #1410 on: November 12, 2018, 02:51:35 pm »
Hi

I am having a strange problem with Demulshooter. It is closing Demul after memory hack is complete.  The log is how I know this. I have tried other emulators and it is working fine. I would also like to mention that this was previously working. I had just tried to play Maze of kings and it seems like it broke I don't know when it happened.

It also seems like it's only happening on my emulator PC I have tried it on my laptop and it's working fine. If I run the emulator without Demulshooter everything works perfectly.

Any help would be great.

Thanks Rich

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1411 on: November 13, 2018, 10:26:19 am »
Thanks to you Argon I managed to get Virtua Cop 3 working fullscreen with my Sinden Lightgun.  :applaud:

Virtua Cop 3 has Bullet Time which is an additional button but you have already assigned all 3 mouse buttons.  Are you able to do another virtual key like you have done for the middle mouse button in the future please?  I can do the Bullet time with my xbox controller but that's not always an option.  I'm assuming there will be other games in the future that go beyond the 3 button limit.

Keep up the great work, much appreciated.

Phasermaniac, I'm assuming you are blocked on removing the crosshair asset from spr_common.xts as you have no way to open the file?  Argon have you always been able to open the asset files when you've removed the crosshair or are you able to blank different areas in the file to see if it wipes out the required asset?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1412 on: November 13, 2018, 11:33:07 am »
Yes, I cant open that file.
How do you do to play it fullscreen? For me it crashes with demulshooter.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1413 on: November 13, 2018, 12:54:01 pm »
Anyway, I have moved up to technoparrot now. I was able to get sgg to run without any problems. I am having problems with lgi and sdr because I get to calibration screen and it doesn't let me really do anything. I have calibrated stuff on several systems like mame, and demul. I am not sure why it isn't let me calibrate. It doesn't seem to register my gun movement. I have no idea why. How do you calibrate these 2 games, lgi and sdr? BTW, I haven't tried OG yet because after I figure out lgi and sdr I will try to get OG to run in fullscreen and then get demulshooter to work. I haven't gotten there yet but plan to.
Calibration worked as "normal" as in-game when I did it.
Old teknoparrot though, I still didn't update from 1.4 I guess. I don't know if there are issues now, but in theory it should not matter (except the fact that some builds of Teknoparrot couldn't save data from Test menu, so calibration can never be saved, but it does not seem to be your issue)

I am having a strange problem with Demulshooter. It is closing Demul after memory hack is complete.  The log is how I know this. I have tried other emulators and it is working fine. I would also like to mention that this was previously working. I had just tried to play Maze of kings and it seems like it broke I don't know when it happened.

It also seems like it's only happening on my emulator PC I have tried it on my laptop and it's working fine. If I run the emulator without Demulshooter everything works perfectly.

Any help would be great.
Hard to say anything with only this information.....
Demul may be closing because of Demulshooter's hack in memory (wrong version of demul ? but if you didn't change anything I don't think so)
Or make sure you didn't screw the memory data files in Demulshooter's folder....memory locations are read from there so if you accidentaly removed/changed demul files that could be it

Thanks to you Argon I managed to get Virtua Cop 3 working fullscreen with my Sinden Lightgun.  :applaud:

Virtua Cop 3 has Bullet Time which is an additional button but you have already assigned all 3 mouse buttons.  Are you able to do another virtual key like you have done for the middle mouse button in the future please?  I can do the Bullet time with my xbox controller but that's not always an option.  I'm assuming there will be other games in the future that go beyond the 3 button limit.
Oh, I didn't read the operating manual and didn't know about this bullet time.
If I can make it work with the game, it won't be a problem to have a maping solution (Gundam : SoZ has a lot of possibilities and I made all  of them to be used with a 3-buttons gun)

Phasermaniac, I'm assuming you are blocked on removing the crosshair asset from spr_common.xts as you have no way to open the file?  Argon have you always been able to open the asset files when you've removed the crosshair or are you able to blank different areas in the file to see if it wipes out the required asset?
I never said to remove spr_common.xts (as you wrote on your youtube video), but that this file could be the one containing the corsshair (based on it's name)
As for your question : yes, I almost alway managed to unpack textures from the assets files. Not in a proper way ( so it's not unpacking / modding / repacking ) but still, enough to find precisely the HEX values in the asset file and replace the good part with new data directly
Except for 1 game so far : House of the Dead : Overkill for windows. And I exactly did what you're suggesting to do, but it's just time consumming as hell ! ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2018, 12:56:46 pm by argonlefou »

sushko

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1414 on: November 13, 2018, 02:06:05 pm »
I see one of the recent updates did change the version of the emulator I am not using that version so I will try it tonight and see if that helps out.

sushko

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1415 on: November 13, 2018, 02:18:21 pm »
I can't find the new version of Demul to download. Version 0.7a_180428 is this the right version to use but can't find it. If anyone can post a link that would be great.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1416 on: November 13, 2018, 07:26:03 pm »
I can't find the new version of Demul to download. Version 0.7a_180428 is this the right version to use but can't find it. If anyone can post a link that would be great.

Go to demul official website,  then clickon the link on the left to go to the russian forum.
It will be on the last message of the 1st Thread (entitled "Demul - Wip [blablabla in russian] ")

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1417 on: November 13, 2018, 07:29:37 pm »
I never said to remove spr_common.xts (as you wrote on your youtube video), but that this file could be the one containing the corsshair (based on it's name)
As for your question : yes, I almost alway managed to unpack textures from the assets files. Not in a proper way ( so it's not unpacking / modding / repacking ) but still, enough to find precisely the HEX values in the asset file and replace the good part with new data directly
Except for 1 game so far : House of the Dead : Overkill for windows. And I exactly did what you're suggesting to do, but it's just time consumming as hell ! ;D

To be fair it was Phasermaniac I blamed for spr_common.xts  8)

OK so we have >10,000,000 1 and 0s in spr_common.xts so if we start doing them one at a time we should be finished by Christmas (2028)  :P

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1418 on: November 13, 2018, 07:35:18 pm »
Yes, I cant open that file.
How do you do to play it fullscreen? For me it crashes with demulshooter.

I might just be lucky with my hardware.  I did have a few crashes at one point but Argon said it didn't always hook up correctly so I assumed it was that and tried a few more times.  I enabled full screen in the config file.

- Even without demulshooter, the game sometimes freeze, crash, crash the computer or demulshooter sometimes can't hook.....it's still an early version of emulation

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1419 on: November 14, 2018, 06:26:16 am »
To be fair it was Phasermaniac I blamed for spr_common.xts  8)

OK so we have >10,000,000 1 and 0s in spr_common.xts so if we start doing them one at a time we should be finished by Christmas (2028)  :P
Noooo  :D "binary search" algorythm is your friend here. I just had a couple of hours available this morning so here it is :

Virtua Cop - No Crosshair patch
Just overwrite the file in the "media" subfolder (My 1st idea was close, the modified assets file is spr_common, not tex_common), this will remove crosshairs on the stage select screen and both P1 and P2 crosshairs in-game

I didn't play the game so I don't know if there are any other crosshairs in the game, let me know if this is the case
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 06:33:27 am by argonlefou »

sushko

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1420 on: November 14, 2018, 08:05:29 am »
This is the link to the version that is compatible? I thought demulshooter worked with the Alpha version. Anyway here is the link. If this isn't the right version please let me know.

http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=503&start=180

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1421 on: November 14, 2018, 08:33:39 am »
This is the link to the version that is compatible? I thought demulshooter worked with the Alpha version. Anyway here is the link. If this isn't the right version please let me know.

http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=503&start=180

Yes, last message on this thread, you'll find demul07_18042018.7z
I think this is still an "alpha" version but as there is no more details on their main page....it's just a guess

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1422 on: November 14, 2018, 12:03:53 pm »
DemulShooter v8.3b :
- Added support for the "Bullet Time" mode in Virtua Cop 3
- Changed the controls. Now the mapping is :

LeftClick => Shoot
MiddleClick => Bullet Time
RightClick => Reload
Start P1 => [1]
Start P2  => [2]

Both start buttons can be mapped to any Aimtrak / joytick button with AHK scripts
« Last Edit: November 14, 2018, 12:06:15 pm by argonlefou »

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1423 on: November 15, 2018, 03:58:38 am »
Awesome :notworthy:

I will try Virtua Cop 3 crosshair and button mapping tonight.  I almost wish I waited with my video now as I didn't expect you could turn it around so fast.  The worst remaining issue for me is the annoying continual clicking noise.  I could try the binary search technique on the sound file that causes the issue to see if removing a certain sound helps.  What software did you use to actually change the image asset file?

Thank you

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #1424 on: November 15, 2018, 05:42:55 am »
Argon you are a beast :) great job man.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1425 on: November 15, 2018, 06:38:42 am »
The worst remaining issue for me is the annoying continual clicking noise.  I could try the binary search technique on the sound file that causes the issue to see if removing a certain sound helps.
This is more an emulation related issue, sound  effects sometimes don't stop properly and stay on top of each other
It's still an early work, for example if I uncheck the option in the emulator to run threads on all cores, the game runs faster but some effects are missing (no video on the stage select screen for example). And if I check it, my computer sometimes become unresponsive (100% CPU usage on all cores) and need hard reboot

What software did you use to actually change the image asset file?
Thank you
Just an Hex editor
Easy for images, but I don't have the knowledge to edit sound data in HEX  :D

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1426 on: November 16, 2018, 04:14:45 pm »
Calibration worked as "normal" as in-game when I did it.
Old teknoparrot though, I still didn't update from 1.4 I guess. I don't know if there are issues now, but in theory it should not matter (except the fact that some builds of Teknoparrot couldn't save data from Test menu, so calibration can never be saved, but it does not seem to be your issue)

Anywhere, I can grab teknoparrot 1.4 to see if that resolves the issue?

DMB77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1427 on: November 18, 2018, 04:02:45 pm »
I managed to get Elevator Action Death Parade working in full screen with Demulshooter no errors. I configure JconfigEA.exe BUT I unchecked Direct3D9 Wrapper and DX Window Mode. In game loader I kept most of the options set to default, but I changed the resolution to 720x1280 on setting 1 and selected 5:3 for aspect ratio on loader tab 3. Also unchecked enable hot keys and log function.
Not sure why it works but it does. The game plays all the way through (I just beat it), some TTX error box came up but i just pulled the trigger (in the game area) and kept playing.  Now I just need to figure out how to map the keys to my xtension controller instead of my keyboard. When the games starts it's on the left side of the screen, when the tile screen comes on the elevator is in the middle and the player 1/2 guns are on the left,  Once you start the game, everything is perfectly centered and working.  This is the script I used.

;Hide Mouse Cursor
Run, C:\nomousy\nomousy.exe -h, C:\nomousy\

;2p support
Run, C:\DemulShooter\demulshooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=eadp, C:\DemulShooter

,Run game
Run, C:\Games\Emulation\Arcade Dumps\Elevator Action Death Parade\Game Loader All RH.exe, C:\Games\Emulation\Arcade Dumps\Elevator Action Death Parade

;Quit game and close demulshooter
Escape::
   Process, Close, demulshooter.exe
   Run, C:\nomousy\nomousy.exe -s , C:\nomousy\
   GuiClose:
   GuiEscape:
   ExitApp
Return
« Last Edit: November 19, 2018, 09:22:30 am by DMB77 »

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1428 on: November 19, 2018, 04:08:15 am »
Awesome :notworthy:

I will try Virtua Cop 3 crosshair and button mapping tonight.  I almost wish I waited with my video now as I didn't expect you could turn it around so fast.  The worst remaining issue for me is the annoying continual clicking noise.  I could try the binary search technique on the sound file that causes the issue to see if removing a certain sound helps.  What software did you use to actually change the image asset file?

Thank you

It worked of course :-)

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #1429 on: November 19, 2018, 05:40:03 pm »
Hi guys, can someone please help me get hotd2 for PC working? I've been playing it through Troubleshooter for a long time but I could never insert credit so I'm trying to switch it to Demulshooter which I've also been using for a long time for Sega Model 2. Below is my log, does anything look off? I can't control the cursor or fire. Got hotd3 working without any problems but can't get hotd2 working.

DMB77

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1430 on: November 20, 2018, 08:22:54 am »
Got Silent Hill the arcade running in full screen resolution 1280x720 with DemulShooter . However I've run into a problem in the hospital hallway after the triangle head guy, where an invisible enemy kills me.  I've read on other forums that this is a known issue, but never saw a solution. Has anyone experienced this and/or found a solution?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 08:35:08 am by DMB77 »

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1431 on: November 20, 2018, 12:35:40 pm »
Hi guys, can someone please help me get hotd2 for PC working? I've been playing it through Troubleshooter for a long time but I could never insert credit so I'm trying to switch it to Demulshooter which I've also been using for a long time for Sega Model 2. Below is my log, does anything look off? I can't control the cursor or fire. Got hotd3 working without any problems but can't get hotd2 working.

Hi Yardley

Just out of interest, can I ask why you use the PC version?  I do think it seems to display nicer than Demul or Dolphin but I just wondered what your reasons were.  I would use it more but sadly there is no crosshair removal patch.....

@Argon did you ever try and do one for HOTD2 PC?  I'm happy to attempt it myself but don't want to if you already spent significant time on it and found it was difficult!  If you never got the time to do it then I can give it a go :)

Thanks

Andy

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1432 on: November 20, 2018, 03:55:05 pm »
A little related to this, in hod3 I tried to remove ingame characters' hands and weapons, to be more similar to the arcade, and because I am using crt guns and when I aim to a dark zone, hands and weapons go crazy.
I know in fs2 folder I can remove "tex_gun" files and I kill some textures in the arms, but they dont disappear. I tried to remove the corresponding "pol" files but no effect. Any thought with this?

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #1433 on: November 20, 2018, 04:16:26 pm »

Hi Yardley

Just out of interest, can I ask why you use the PC version?  I do think it seems to display nicer than Demul or Dolphin but I just wondered what your reasons were.  I would use it more but sadly there is no crosshair removal patch.....

I think it looks nicer, I got it to work though, just had to use a different version of the game. Why do people like to remove the crosshairs? More authentic/harder or what?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1434 on: November 20, 2018, 05:37:34 pm »
Yes, and if you really aim, it will only annoy you. And I think its faster to aim than only to move the crosshair, but it tires out, as for better presition you have to extend and steady your arms.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2018, 05:45:08 pm by phasermaniac »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1435 on: November 21, 2018, 01:16:20 am »
@Argon did you ever try and do one for HOTD2 PC?  I'm happy to attempt it myself but don't want to if you already spent significant time on it and found it was difficult!  If you never got the time to do it then I can give it a go :)

Thanks

Andy
Nope, I don't think I did.
The PC version - in my opinion - is not worth it as both games are fully playable on their original arcade format

A little related to this, in hod3 I tried to remove ingame characters' hands and weapons, to be more similar to the arcade, and because I am using crt guns and when I aim to a dark zone, hands and weapons go crazy.
I know in fs2 folder I can remove "tex_gun" files and I kill some textures in the arms, but they dont disappear. I tried to remove the corresponding "pol" files but no effect. Any thought with this?
This is a pretty good idea, this mod could be fun
However, even if erasing 2D sprites (like crosshairs and HUD elements) remove them from the game, removing textures for 3D models just make them look all gray (usually)
I'm pretty sure we need to edit the 3D model and it's not as easy as just erasing a drawing

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1436 on: November 21, 2018, 04:06:10 am »
This is a pretty good idea, this mod could be fun
However, even if erasing 2D sprites (like crosshairs and HUD elements) remove them from the game, removing textures for 3D models just make them look all gray (usually)
I'm pretty sure we need to edit the 3D model and it's not as easy as just erasing a drawing
Well.....I just found a much easier way....just have to force the game to display the guns like real arcade mode and that's it  ;)

DemulShooter v8.3c :
Added a "-noguns" option to hod3pc demulshooter command line to be able to remove guns from on screen during gameplay (just like arcade mode)

Ex:
DemulShooter.exe -target=windows -rom=hod3pc -noautoreload -noguns
This way guns are not visible except for the reload animation

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1437 on: November 21, 2018, 04:53:49 am »

Hi Yardley

I think it looks nicer, I got it to work though, just had to use a different version of the game. Why do people like to remove the crosshairs? More authentic/harder or what?

Crosshair removal:
1) More authentic
2) Crosshair is usually slow at updating as you have to wait for the LCD (slow) to update so it introduces a feeling of lag.  By the time the LCD updates to show the crosshair in the correct place the gun has already been pointing in the right place for a chunk of time.
3) You start focusing on the crosshair subconsiously and it becomes like sliding a mouse around the screen.

MrLightgun

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1438 on: November 21, 2018, 05:06:37 am »

Thanks

Andy
Nope, I don't think I did.
The PC version - in my opinion - is not worth it as both games are fully playable on their original arcade format

Good point, for me I'm interested because it is a legitimate release.  So people can legally buy it or Sega could even issue it on steam.  There is a real shortage of actual games you can buy.  I think HOTD 2 and 3 are the best available on the PC in terms of quality and game fun.  The PC version of Overkill was quite disappointing, even the Wii version plays better in Dolphin.

I wonder if Sega has the rights to release HOTD 2 and 3 on steam.  I'm assuming that companies don't put their PC back catalogue on Steam as they are difficult to get to work on modern systems and need compatability modes.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
« Reply #1439 on: November 21, 2018, 05:33:09 am »

Hi Yardley

Crosshair removal:
1) More authentic
2) Crosshair is usually slow at updating as you have to wait for the LCD (slow) to update so it introduces a feeling of lag.  By the time the LCD updates to show the crosshair in the correct place the gun has already been pointing in the right place for a chunk of time.
3) You start focusing on the crosshair subconsiously and it becomes like sliding a mouse around the screen.

100% Agree.

Its laggy and distracts you from whats going on.

Plus not authentic :)