Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 972072 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:21:46 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1360 on: October 16, 2018, 07:09:53 pm »
And the other one:
IMG_20181017_000456.jpg
This is the one that could hep me locate the issue, if you could post pictures of all the text under ******texto de la exepcion******

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1361 on: October 17, 2018, 02:48:24 am »
I hope you are ok with these shity photos, I couldnt get screenshots at the moment.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1362 on: October 17, 2018, 02:50:41 am »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1363 on: October 17, 2018, 02:53:30 am »
Sorry for no rewritting, I was on mobile, If you need I can do this evening

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1364 on: October 18, 2018, 03:01:56 am »
No it's Ok images are good ;)
I just don't see why a Systray error would occur on the part of the program reading rawinputs events.....
I'll post some debug app for you to test within a couple of days

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1365 on: October 18, 2018, 01:54:29 pm »
Many thanks! This way I can hide widows finally

voradori

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 04, 2019, 11:08:59 am
« Reply #1366 on: October 19, 2018, 10:26:42 pm »

I use the Touchmote software, and I have some problems with the Mame and the Pcsx2, would it be possible to implement something in the demulshooter to use it with mame and in the pcsx2 as for the demul, segaring etc? in mame, the 2 wiimote, works well in joystick mode but I have an offset of 6/7 cm on the left and I can not find a way to correct it (even with the calibration in game without result).

For MAME you'll need tsuokkis' custom Touchmote 14b build - it has calibration settings in INI config, and set Pointer as RStick. No mouse at all.
It's not user-friendly, you may spend several hours by trying to find right values, but you need to do this just once.
And as a result - it easily handles 3-Wiimote setup with a line-of-sight calibration

Also, check if all the diodes are working in your IR panel - if some of them are broken, it may cause your offset.
I usually do this by looking at a panel through a phone camera.

In the pcsx2 I can not in any way to make it work, if I configure the Wiimote as a mouse I have no answer in the game, if I configure them as joysticks I have a bouncing crossfire without control .... The only solution is Demulshooter  ;D  Many users who use wiimotes would appreciate this because they have the same problem.  :notworthy:
thanks again for your program is great !!!

I found no way to use Touchmote with pcsx2  for comfortable play.

You need a bunch of tools to make it work at least with single wiimote:

- Regular Bluetooth dongle connection - Dolphinbar won't help there. So we need some old school things  ;D
- Nuvee USB plugin for pcsx2 in DirectInput mode, gun set in Plugin's slot2.
- Mouse should be disabled in Lilypad.
- Toid's WiiMouse software in PPJoy mode
- PPJoy software with at least 1 virtual gamepad activated

And then you'll have a great struggle with all of them, including custom c# script in PPJoy for translating mouse coordinates,
because regular PPJoy's translations in Mappings don't work
using ScriptDebug;
using System;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using WiiMouseUtils.WiiMousePPJoy;

public class Script
{         
    public static void ExecuteAfterMappings(WiimoteScriptPPJoyMapper m)
      {
         m.SetDirectInputMouseX(0, m["Pointer X Coordinate"].AV);
         m.SetDirectInputMouseY(0, m["Pointer Y Coordinate"].AV);
      }
}

Next, you will find that mouse buttons don't work - you need to set them as mappings in WiiMouse's mappings
And if you can handle this...

There's no crosshairs in Nuvee :banghead:   You will see just windows native cursor.
So be ready to find and set a pretty big crosshair as a default cursor, or go hardcore and add this to c# ppjoy script 

Next - you need to find a suitable calibration preset in Nuvee. There's a bunch of them for main lightgun games, but they also need customizing.
And even after all of this, your crosshair will never 100% fit a real target even if the game allows its own calibration.  :duckhunt

The best result I have - almost line-of-sight aiming with a static ~10 cm error offset - that's not much comparing to my 42inch tv screen
And this config does not allow more than 1 wiimote because we are using DirectInput.

Same plugin exists also for PSX emus, but it's working with PCSX-r custom lightgun build only.
For now, I don't have enough stamina to check this... Nuvee devoured my brains completely for the last 3 days :dizzy:.

And... Yes, I was a good boy that year, so I will present myself at least one Aimtrack gun with a Bluetooth module for Christmas
and forget all this  :angry: like a bad dream... No way I'll do something similar again...

---------------------------

UPD

I've found a more simple way

Works with both Dolphinbar mode 4 and BT connection for 1 Wiimote, with precious smoothing

Just simple GlovePie script

if Wiimote.PointerVisible ==  true

var.ScreenWidth = 1920
var.ScreenHeight = 1080

mouse.CursorPosX = smooth(var.ScreenWidth-round((((wiimote1.dot1x+wiimote1.dot2x)/2)/784)*var.ScreenWidth),3)
mouse.CursorPosY = smooth(round((wiimote.dot1y/784)*var.ScreenHeight),3)

endif

mouse.LeftButton = Wiimote.B and KeepDown(Wiimote.PointerVisible,0.5s)
    mouse.RightButton = Wiimote.A and KeepDown(Wiimote.PointerVisible,0.5s)
    mouse.MiddleButton = Wiimote.Home and KeepDown(Wiimote.PointerVisible,0.5s)
    mouse.WheelUp = Wiimote.Minus
    mouse.WheelDown = Wiimote.Plus

« Last Edit: October 20, 2018, 02:46:04 pm by voradori »
----------------
My channel
with Wiimote Lightgun setups and playthroughs

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:22:25 am
« Reply #1367 on: October 21, 2018, 10:44:01 pm »
I apologize if someone has already requested this or if it's already been added, but I was just playing Manic Panic Ghost on demul today and it worked really well with 1 player Aimtrak.  Would be a fun two player game with my 2 two boys.  Might be worth adding later.  I tried it in the latest MAME and no go.  Thanks

Grocarlito

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2020, 06:37:31 pm
« Reply #1368 on: October 22, 2018, 04:43:24 pm »
Hi argon,

I have the latest 8.2 DemulShooter. It is working like a charm, except in House of The Dead 2 with Demul Demul_0.7_11117.

When shooting with one of Aimtrak gun, the 2 players shoot... I do not understand why ...

My configuration is simply:

-target=demul07a -rom=hotd2o -noresize

Am I missing something ?

Edit: Same problem in Fright_Fear_Land

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 22, 2018, 04:59:54 pm by Grocarlito »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1369 on: October 23, 2018, 01:14:07 pm »
I apologize if someone has already requested this or if it's already been added, but I was just playing Manic Panic Ghost on demul today and it worked really well with 1 player Aimtrak.  Would be a fun two player game with my 2 two boys.  Might be worth adding later.  I tried it in the latest MAME and no go.  Thanks
Just like it's japanese version (pokasuka ghost) this rom is not working with standard P2 naomi hack, Demul seems not to emulate them like railshooter (as far as controls are concerned)
I still have to find the correct hack for this special one. But thanks for pointing out that an US rom is available, I didn't know about it

Hi argon,

I have the latest 8.2 DemulShooter. It is working like a charm, except in House of The Dead 2 with Demul Demul_0.7_11117.

When shooting with one of Aimtrak gun, the 2 players shoot... I do not understand why ...

My configuration is simply:

-target=demul07a -rom=hotd2o -noresize

Am I missing something ?

Edit: Same problem in Fright_Fear_Land

Thanks
Can you run demulshooter with the -v option, move and shoot a couple of time with each player and join the debug.txt file for Hotd2 and FFL ?

And for FFL, did you use the patcher to know wich rom you're using to be sure to use the correct command line ?

twobucks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2022, 03:26:29 pm
« Reply #1370 on: October 30, 2018, 10:30:57 am »
I am experiencing the same problem as Grocarlito with demul (07a 11117) and hotd2 on windows 10.  I am also using the same configuration -target=demul07a -rom=hotd2 -noresize
Demul shooter 8.2 is working great with all model 2 roms.  I have also tried xtremehunt and i am having the exact same problem. problem seems to be associated with roms running in demul.  I have attached my debug file for hotd2

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1371 on: October 30, 2018, 01:24:13 pm »
Looks like Vcop3 is finally close to playable on CxBx (Xbox) emulator.  Doesn't appear to be playable with a mouse yet, but worked using the Xbox controller.  Would be a sweet addition to the Demulshooter list once it's a little more playable on CxBx. 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1372 on: October 31, 2018, 05:58:37 am »
I am experiencing the same problem as Grocarlito with demul (07a 11117) and hotd2 on windows 10.  I am also using the same configuration -target=demul07a -rom=hotd2 -noresize
Demul shooter 8.2 is working great with all model 2 roms.  I have also tried xtremehunt and i am having the exact same problem. problem seems to be associated with roms running in demul.  I have attached my debug file for hotd2
I just figured out the obvious reason (and I didn't notice it with Groscarlito message) : you're not using the latest demul release.
As stated in the Wiki (https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Demul) 0.7a 111117 is no longer supported as Demul 0.7a 180428 is now the latest one and has changed things.
The tricky thing is, it's not on their mainpage download section and you can only find it in the WIP thread of their russian forum....I didn't know it back then and got the info by other users

Looks like Vcop3 is finally close to playable on CxBx (Xbox) emulator.  Doesn't appear to be playable with a mouse yet, but worked using the Xbox controller.  Would be a sweet addition to the Demulshooter list once it's a little more playable on CxBx. 

Even if I can make this thing work (still not have acces to my cab config and it's not working on my laptop), this emulator will be troublesome to handle for a long term oeriod as there are many releases coming.
A better way would be to  add it to the source code as it's open source, but I can't do it all by myself as a good knowledge of the emulator core code is necessary.

You know.... just read above for Demul and version troubles with an emulator releasing a new build every 6 months, and just try to figure out how this will be with a new release every week  :D
I'm not saying this feature is a no-go, just that it'll remain on a "testing" state (if it ever works) and not be heavylly maintained

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1373 on: October 31, 2018, 01:03:50 pm »
Even if I can make this thing work (still not have acces to my cab config and it's not working on my laptop), this emulator will be troublesome to handle for a long term oeriod as there are many releases coming.
A better way would be to  add it to the source code as it's open source, but I can't do it all by myself as a good knowledge of the emulator core code is necessary

Just quoting myself about it: some early tests I ran make me think this will work by simply emulating X360 devices with Aimtraks (just like it has been implemented for Far Cry for example)

Pro :
- It will work with all releases as long as they keep supporting X360 gamepad the same way they do now

Cons :
- Need of the virtual X360 driver from Touchmote working
- Wiimote would not work with Demulshooter (they already are emulated X360 devices)

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1374 on: October 31, 2018, 07:24:27 pm »
Would be nice, thats for sure, I havent tried cxbx but vcop 3 seems very cool.
Make me think another con: cant hide crosshairs, although many people would not mind

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1375 on: November 01, 2018, 01:15:20 am »
Teknoparrot 1.80 supports HOTD4 now. It's only for patrons, for now, and has a few bugs to work out with the mouse calibration, but at least loads. Also because it's Lindbergh only works in Win10. I'm sure Reaver will fix bugs tomorrow. Very exciting progress. He's says he's also working on Rambo which is also exciting.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1376 on: November 01, 2018, 03:52:18 am »
Would be nice, thats for sure, I havent tried cxbx but vcop 3 seems very cool.
Make me think another con: cant hide crosshairs, although many people would not mind
I don't know if crosshairs are from the game files or generated by the emulator, but in both case it would not be impacted by the way demulshooter can hack the game. that's why I didn't list in in the cons of the X360 emulation method ;)

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 08, 2018, 01:47:39 am
« Reply #1377 on: November 01, 2018, 05:46:29 am »
Okay, I am just trying to get a 2 gun setup going and I am going insane. I got this program to work with sega model 2. I have yet to get it to work with demul. I have tired several versions of alpha before reading deep into this forum topic and it didn't work. It looked like program hooked based on the debug.txt but I still did not have two guns.

I then noticed that it mentioned in this forum post you need Demul 0.7a 180428 for it to work. Well, I am having trouble getting this version to load my current romset. I can not get anywhere with that version right now. Is their a version of demul shooter for other versions of alpha that will work? I just can't get this one to work and it is driving me nuts. I can get my roms to run on Demul 7a 221215 but I do not have guns with demulshooter. It looks like program is running together the way it should with debug.txt from what I read.

I am just stuck. I don't know how to work around this stuff. Like I said I can't get my roms to work with the 180428 version so if there is some way I can get it to work with another version let me know please.

If I am doing something wrong and it should work on demul07a_221215 please let me know. I can get demulshooter, like I said to work on sega model 2. I have been working off and on on this problem for a very long time. I just want to get my arcade setup to work with 2 guns for all these games. It is last thing I have to do. It is annoying the crap out of me.

Please, please help. Thanks.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1378 on: November 01, 2018, 08:06:58 am »
If you want to keep your old version of demul you have to look deep into this thread to download every demulshooter I shared and based on rhe readme you *may* be able ton find a compatible version

That beeing said.   i highly advise you to just solve the problem by updating your roms with the correct ones.
One of the changes in demul updates is that it changes the needed romset to be the same as the ones used in MAME

I'm not a big fan of chnging romsets but as MAME and others emulators evolve,  you kind of need to do so because in the future you won't find older roms anymore
« Last Edit: November 01, 2018, 08:20:03 am by argonlefou »

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1379 on: November 01, 2018, 04:59:39 pm »
Okay, I got demul shooter to work with sega model 2, demul, and pc games so farmanually. I am having trouble setting it up with rocketlauncher. The built in settings are doing something wrong. Is there a way to manually set it up so I can launch demulshooter with command when it loads rom.

So far in rocketlauncher I only been able to get pc to work because in module it actually lets you load an application with start of the game so I just create shortcuts and use them. Unfortunately this isn't in other modules. You can turn demul shooter on in global and then apply it to games in module rom settings but it is not loading right. Something is going on.

I need to get past this step so games can load from hyperspin. Really annoying. If modules worked like pc one it be a piece of cake. Rocketlauncher loads alien extermination with no problems at all with demul shooter.

Everything is always so complicated to get from a to b... grr... been trying to figure this out for a long time to have a good 2 player gun wheel beyond what MAME is currently capable of.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1380 on: November 01, 2018, 05:55:03 pm »
For that matter I won't be able to help you - I'm not using any of these frontend
Maybe someone else will be able to help

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1381 on: November 02, 2018, 04:35:51 am »
thanks argonlefou.

I also have a new problem. In sega model 2 when I run demul shooter my crosshairs on both 1 guns are only staying in a small area in upper left hand window. I can move them but only that small area. I have no idea what changed. But, I am having a heck of time figuring out what is going on.

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 09:42:01 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #1382 on: November 02, 2018, 12:26:01 pm »
Hi! Just found a pretty cool PC party gun game called "INTAKE" where you have to shoot pills dropping down and change color of your sight Ikaruga-style to match the target.

Pretty fun if you like dubstep that is :D

Problem is that you can only shoot, not move the mouse/crosshair.
Is this something you can support with Demulshooter?

*Fingers crossed*
"One coin to rule em' all"

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1383 on: November 02, 2018, 11:16:41 pm »
thanks argonlefou.

I also have a new problem. In sega model 2 when I run demul shooter my crosshairs on both 1 guns are only staying in a small area in upper left hand window. I can move them but only that small area. I have no idea what changed. But, I am having a heck of time figuring out what is going on.

Also, on sega ringwide does it matter what version you use because something is not right for me. I don't think it is hooking to game based on debug so obviously I can not get two player working.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1384 on: November 03, 2018, 12:20:22 pm »
Talking about cxbx and vcop3,
I don't know if crosshairs are from the game files or generated by the emulator
I think its from the game, as I have seen some playthough in an xbox with pads and the crosshairs are there. I suppose when pad is detected you have crosshairs and if gun is detected you wont.
It seems hod3 have anoter difference: if you use regular controller, you got crosshairs and the character's hands and weapon visible ( pc version, xbox with pads) and if you use guns you dont have crosshairs nor weapon visible.
Ill look in vcop3 textures, maybe I can modify crosshairs.

Also, Im wondering if demulshooter would be necessary, as cxbx seems to manage right the analog axis, If you set your guns in joystick mode, I configurated one gun trough cxbx direct input config, and windda work.
For two players seems cxbx wants x360 devices, so maybe using x360ce? Ill test this.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1385 on: November 03, 2018, 01:20:22 pm »
Hi! Just found a pretty cool PC party gun game called "INTAKE" where you have to shoot pills dropping down and change color of your sight Ikaruga-style to match the target.

Pretty fun if you like dubstep that is :D

Problem is that you can only shoot, not move the mouse/crosshair.
Is this something you can support with Demulshooter?

*Fingers crossed*
Got a copy, indead with Aimtrak cursor does not move
I may look at it later but I have other things to do before

I think its from the game, as I have seen some playthough in an xbox with pads and the crosshairs are there. I suppose when pad is detected you have crosshairs and if gun is detected you wont.
It seems hod3 have anoter difference: if you use regular controller, you got crosshairs and the character's hands and weapon visible ( pc version, xbox with pads) and if you use guns you dont have crosshairs nor weapon visible.
Ill look in vcop3 textures, maybe I can modify crosshairs.
this is my opinion too, I had a quck look at Vcop3 textures files.
They are bin files, but packed with some Xbox proprietary format (XBR or XBRO, something like this), instead of usual DDS textures
I still don't know how to unpack it but if you do, my bess guest would be to look into "tex_common.bin"

Also, Im wondering if demulshooter would be necessary, as cxbx seems to manage right the analog axis, If you set your guns in joystick mode, I configurated one gun trough cxbx direct input config, and windda work.
For two players seems cxbx wants x360 devices, so maybe using x360ce? Ill test this.
I'm not sure changing the Aimtrak settings in the Aimtrack software is a really "friendly" thing to each time before and after, mostly for people using frontends.
There will always be a way to use guns one way or another, but I'm not worried or in a hurry right now, VCOP3 is still not really "perfectly" playable and cxbx will keep getting better and better.

The only things I can think of are:
- Make sure you're still using 1.1a build of model2
- Try to change RawDevP1 and RawDevP2 to some numbers like 7 and 8 in EMULATOR.INI (and be sure that UseRawInput = 1)

Also, on sega ringwide does it matter what version you use because something is not right for me. I don't think it is hooking to game based on debug so obviously I can not get two player working.
It didn't matter untill  1.40 I guess (it's the last one I got)
I can't say for newer builds, I didn't test it

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1386 on: November 03, 2018, 07:54:36 pm »
I was testing vc3 a little:

The crosshairs are in spr_common.xts, as if I rename it, I get ride of the crosshairs, but the bullets too. I have searched in the internet for this file type and I didnt found anything. I cant edit it.

I managed to make x360 ce with cxbx, used the 32bit version, and renamed xinput1_3.dll to xinput9_1_0.dll. This way you can play with two guns in joystick mode.

And finally, testing in my cab with crt guns, I noticed I need a huge time between the screen flashing and the shot. I'm suspectng that as I am mapping the gun to an analog stick, It may be slower than a direct lightgun emulation. Anyway maybe this is not noticeable for ir guns users.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2018, 01:44:09 pm by phasermaniac »

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1387 on: November 04, 2018, 02:15:00 am »
I figured out from various posts how to user functions because the built in method for demulshooter for RL is not working for me. I put the code in below in global but when I launch game it freezes when I use this code. Does anyone have any idea to fix this?

Code: [Select]
class GlobalUserFunction extends UserFunction {

StartUserFeatures(){

Log("StartUserFeatures - Starting")

Global systemName, romName

if ( (systemName="Sega Naomi" or "Sammy Atomiswave" or "Sega Hikaru") and (romName="lupinsho" or romName="confmiss" or romName="hotd2" or romName="deathcox" or romName="mok" or romName="ninjaslt"or romName="rangrmsn" or romName="xtrmhnt2" or romName="xtrmhunt" or romName="braveff" or romName="pokasuka" or romName="claychal" or romName="sprtshot" ) )
Run("DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=" . romName . " -noresize ", "..\Utilities\demulshooter")

if ( (systemName="Sega Model 2") and (romName="bel" or romName="gunblade" or romName="hotd" or romName="rchase2" or romName="vcop" or romName="vcop2"or romName="zerogun") )
Run("DemulShooter.exe -target=model2 -rom=" . romName . " -noresize iwidescreen -v ", "..\Utilities\demulshooter")

Log("StartUserFeatures - Ending")
}

}

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #1388 on: November 04, 2018, 04:40:21 am »
I figured out from various posts how to user functions because the built in method for demulshooter for RL is not working for me. I put the code in below in global but when I launch game it freezes when I use this code. Does anyone have any idea to fix this?

class GlobalUserFunction extends UserFunction {

StartUserFeatures(){

Log("StartUserFeatures - Starting")

Global systemName, romName

if ( (systemName="Sega Naomi" or "Sammy Atomiswave" or "Sega Hikaru") and (romName="lupinsho" or romName="confmiss" or romName="hotd2" or romName="deathcox" or romName="mok" or romName="ninjaslt"or romName="rangrmsn" or romName="xtrmhnt2" or romName="xtrmhunt" or romName="braveff" or romName="pokasuka" or romName="claychal" or romName="sprtshot" ) )
Run("DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=" . romName . " -noresize ", "..\Utilities\demulshooter")

if ( (systemName="Sega Model 2") and (romName="bel" or romName="gunblade" or romName="hotd" or romName="rchase2" or romName="vcop" or romName="vcop2"or romName="zerogun") )
Run("DemulShooter.exe -target=model2 -rom=" . romName . " -noresize iwidescreen -v ", "..\Utilities\demulshooter")

Log("StartUserFeatures - Ending")
}

}

If your using RL i wouldn't try and get everything on your gun wheel to work with a single global setting.  I use RL and have M2 and demul working with a emulator setting but all other titles I've had write a separate AHK script for.  This seems like a trial but in reality it is very easy after you've sorted the first one out you can got ahead and copy\paste the same code and change the directory's to suit the new game.
In short, if i was you i would cease trying to sort a global setting for demul shooter as it is not supported by RL, except in the case of M2 and demul.  All of the extra functionality that Argonlefou is kind enough to support is not necessarily supported by the RL devs. 

I'd strongly suggest working on each game that you want outside of m2 and demul separately to save yourself some hassle.

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1389 on: November 04, 2018, 04:37:08 pm »
And how would I do that annnax? I barely knew enough about this to edit the global to try this. I tried the built in settings for rocket launcher but they did not work for me on those systems. But, if I do it manually, at least for demul it works perfectly. I just can't get it to work with rocket launcher. I did have sega model 2 working too manually, but now when I run demul shooter for some reason it puts crosshairs/cursors in what is like a small window in upper left hand corner and I can only move cursors there for some reason. It did use to work when I first set it up. I have no idea what is going on. Demul still works though so I was trying to get it to work through rocket launcher and maybe later on I figure out what sega model 2 was doing. I have just been picking and picking at this to get a wheel that has 2 player games beyond just mame.

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #1390 on: November 04, 2018, 07:18:08 pm »
And how would I do that annnax? I barely knew enough about this to edit the global to try this. I tried the built in settings for rocket launcher but they did not work for me on those systems. But, if I do it manually, at least for demul it works perfectly. I just can't get it to work with rocket launcher. I did have sega model 2 working too manually, but now when I run demul shooter for some reason it puts crosshairs/cursors in what is like a small window in upper left hand corner and I can only move cursors there for some reason. It did use to work when I first set it up. I have no idea what is going on. Demul still works though so I was trying to get it to work through rocket launcher and maybe later on I figure out what sega model 2 was doing. I have just been picking and picking at this to get a wheel that has 2 player games beyond just mame.
I don't have access to my machine just now but i will PM you a link to a bunch of my RL stuff when i get a chance if that is something you might be interested in?

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1391 on: November 05, 2018, 12:16:14 am »
if you have 2 player guns working from hyperspin... yes please and thank you.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1392 on: November 07, 2018, 04:31:06 pm »
Demulshooter v8.3 :
- Corrected a bug for people not who are not using "Explorer.exe"
- Preliminary support of Virtua Cop 3 for Cxbx-Reladed (demulshooter -target=chihiro -rom=vcop3)

For Vcop 3:
- Only work in window mode (with Fullscreen - either ALT+RETURN or Fullscreen=true in .ini file -  aim will be completelly off)
- No need for Xbox 360 drivers
- You can even set both Xbox Controller to "not connected" in the Controller mapping menu, it will work too
- I don't know if it would work with any other build than the current one we are testing
- Even without demulshooter, the game sometimes freeze, crash, crash the computer or demulshooter sometimes can't hook.....it's still an early version of emulation
- Controls : Left click = shoot, right click = reload, middle click (or middle virtual button if enabled) = start

Feel free to test it, I'm curious to see if it can work on other computers than mine (tested on both win7 and Win10 and so far, so good)
Especially with people having some NASA grade computer and may be able to run the game in HD  :D I can't get better than the original 640x480
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:49:04 pm by argonlefou »

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
« Reply #1393 on: November 07, 2018, 10:08:30 pm »
Does anyone else have issues with DPI scaling? With certain games, I can get it to work reliably time after time, but with others - specifically Fright Fear Land, I am constantly getting tripped up by it. I have my desktop scaled to 125% to make it easier to read on the TV which is where I assume that the primary screen size (1536x864) is coming from. However, look at the two examples below:

19:13:59.019972 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
19:13:59.019972 : P1 device = XInput Gamepad #1
19:13:59.019972 : P1 Gamepad ID = 0
19:13:59.019972 : P2 device = XInput Gamepad #2
19:13:59.020972 : P2 Gamepad ID = 1
19:13:59.020972 : P3 device =
19:13:59.020972 : P3 Device Handle = 0
19:13:59.020972 : P4 device =
19:13:59.020972 : P4 Device Handle = 0
19:13:59.020972 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=globalvr
19:13:59.020972 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=fearland
19:13:59.020972 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
19:13:59.029975 : Waiting for Global VR fearland game to hook.....
19:14:17.035030 : Attached to Process game.exe, ProcessHandle = 1784
19:14:17.035030 : game.exe = 0x00400000
19:14:17.037030 : Custom data will be stored at : 0x001E0040
19:14:17.038030 : Adding Axis Codecave at : 0x001E0000
19:14:17.039030 : Adding Trigger CodeCave at : 0x001F0000
19:14:17.040031 : Memory Hack complete !
19:14:17.040031 : -
19:14:17.040031 : Gamepad #0 data (Hex) = [ 8000, 8000 ]
19:14:17.040031 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1536x864 ]
19:14:17.040031 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 768, 432 ]
19:14:17.041031 : Error converting screen location to client location

19:17:00.041184 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
19:17:00.041184 : P1 device = XInput Gamepad #1
19:17:00.041184 : P1 Gamepad ID = 0
19:17:00.041184 : P2 device = XInput Gamepad #2
19:17:00.041184 : P2 Gamepad ID = 1
19:17:00.041184 : P3 device =
19:17:00.041184 : P3 Device Handle = 0
19:17:00.041184 : P4 device =
19:17:00.041184 : P4 Device Handle = 0
19:17:00.041184 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=globalvr
19:17:00.041184 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=fearland
19:17:00.041184 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
19:17:00.050186 : Waiting for Global VR fearland game to hook.....
19:17:06.049539 : Attached to Process game.exe, ProcessHandle = 1696
19:17:06.049539 : game.exe = 0x00400000
19:17:06.051539 : Custom data will be stored at : 0x050A0040
19:17:06.052539 : Adding Axis Codecave at : 0x050A0000
19:17:06.055540 : Adding Trigger CodeCave at : 0x050B0000
19:17:06.055540 : Memory Hack complete !
19:17:06.055540 : -
19:17:06.058540 : Gamepad #0 data (Hex) = [ 176B, 0001 ]
19:17:06.058540 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1536x864 ]
19:17:06.059541 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 140, 0 ]
19:17:06.064541 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 59, -93 ]
19:17:06.065542 : Game client window resolution (Px) = [ 1024x768 ]
19:17:06.066542 : Game engine render resolution (Px) = [ 1024x768 ]
19:17:06.066542 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 003B, 0000 ]
19:17:06.066542 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 59, 0 ]
19:17:06.066542 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000

In the first one there, Demulshooter isn't working. In the second, it is. But I can't find any reason why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If I disable the DPI scaling for the whole of Windows it seems to work reliably, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to automate that. I have tried editing the DPI scaling options for the executable (application, system, and system (advanced)), but they don't seem to help much if at all. Can anyone help?

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 11:01:19 am
« Reply #1394 on: November 08, 2018, 11:48:55 am »
I've upgraded to DemulShooter 8.3 and the latest working version of Demul (demul07_180428) but now when I enter full screen my mouse won't hide like it used to in previous versions.  Any idea how to fix this?
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1395 on: November 08, 2018, 11:58:17 am »
In the first one there, Demulshooter isn't working. In the second, it is. But I can't find any reason why sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. If I disable the DPI scaling for the whole of Windows it seems to work reliably, but unfortunately there doesn't seem to be a way to automate that. I have tried editing the DPI scaling options for the executable (application, system, and system (advanced)), but they don't seem to help much if at all. Can anyone help?
I never messed with the DPI options, but it may indeed cause troubles according to how windows32 API are reacting with it (as far as accuracy is concerned, it could create offsets)
But I don't know if it is really the reason why you get the "Error converting screen location to client location" error message, which is usually because the game window is not found by window.
Not really helpfull, I know.....

I've upgraded to DemulShooter 8.3 and the latest working version of Demul (demul07_180428) but now when I enter full screen my mouse won't hide like it used to in previous versions.  Any idea how to fix this?
I've been using a 3rd party app, called Nomousy for a long time.
You can show/hide your mouse cursor with a simple command line

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2024, 11:01:19 am
« Reply #1396 on: November 08, 2018, 12:08:59 pm »
Okay the script worked just not sure why demul isn't auto hiding mouse in full screen.
Not sure if it's an error in Demul.  Mouse still autohides in version111117
« Last Edit: November 08, 2018, 12:13:26 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1397 on: November 08, 2018, 12:29:52 pm »
Okay the script worked just not sure why demul isn't auto hiding mouse in full screen.
Not sure if it's an error in Demul.  Mouse still autohides in version111117

Did "F11" key not work?

GreatLamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 03:15:17 pm
« Reply #1398 on: November 08, 2018, 03:14:45 pm »
Thanks. This DemulShooter tool rocks forever.

mrmpdale

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1399 on: November 08, 2018, 04:15:52 pm »
I am using Demul 0.7a 180428 and Demul shooter 8.2. I have gotten all the demul games to work except 3, Pokasuka, ninjasltu, and deathcox to work. I was told pokasuka doesn't work in two player but the other two should work.

For deathcox I am having this problem. The demul emulator 180428 has deathcox and deathcoxo for its list of games. For some reason it only loads deathcoxo. This is not true of other demul emulators. I can get them to load deathcox just fine. However, this one is different and of course since it can not load deathcox but only deathcoxo demulshooter does not work with it. I have the same setup with multiple demul emulators with roms and bios. So, it is something within this emulator. I am not sure how to get it to work without a different demul and a different demuls shooter that is compatible. I think other people who have a working deathcox probably are using a different demul and different version of demul shooter. I don't see anyway around this.

I am also having a problem with ninjasltu. I can get in just fine and I think script is working but guns are not calibrated so they are not aiming at all. This service/test menu is different from any other one I have used in demul. To get into it you hit 0. To proceed on a choice you hit ctrl. I do not know how to go up and down so I can get anywhere. I have tired every key except f keys because they do not work in windows 10 well. I usually change them in emulator settings if there is something that needs them. However, I can not see any way to change this. This service menu is different and editing things that I can see do not change it. For example I have my service and test keys set to 8 and 9. But, you have to enter 0 to even get in this one. Anyway, if I could figure out how to navigate to calibrate the gun I think this one would work.

If anyone can help me figure out deathcox or ninjasltu I appreciate it. Thank you.