Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976306 times)

isilkin

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 23, 2018, 03:13:19 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I can confirm version 8.0 does not work with model2. 7.6 is what I have to go back to. Also, wiimote vibration does work with demulshooter but it has to be set to maximum in order to work.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
Also, wiimote vibration does work with demulshooter but it has to be set to maximum in order to work.
Maybe Wiimote (or Wiimote driver) don't accept different levels of vibrations....I can't test it myself but it's nice to know, I'll add this in the wiki

I can confirm version 8.0 does not work with model2. 7.6 is what I have to go back to.
Could you make me a debug file too ?
And it may be helpfull for any non-working model2 config to give me also your desktop resolution and the fullscreen resolution setting you're using with model2 (and any weird thing like DxWnd or not, CRT with weird resolution, etc....)

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Here they are, very self-explanatory, model640x480.txt is using model2 without dxwnd at interlaced resolution. model640x480_dxwnd640x240.txt is changing resolution to 640x240 and using dxwnd to display m2 emulator at that resolution. In both cases aiming is always at 0,0.
If I use demulshooter 7.6a, I get the y axis missaligned, as described xbrunox

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Here they are, very self-explanatory, model640x480.txt is using model2 without dxwnd at interlaced resolution. model640x480_dxwnd640x240.txt is changing resolution to 640x240 and using dxwnd to display m2 emulator at that resolution. In both cases aiming is always at 0,0.
If I use demulshooter 7.6a, I get the y axis missaligned, as described xbrunox
Does it work with any other game/emulator ?? Judging by your debug file, all your guns are sending X=0 and Y=0 as rawinput data :o
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 06:20:56 pm by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Yes,, the only problemseems to be m2

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I can't say for sure because of the weirdness of your debug file, but could you try this one ?
A debug.txt could be usefull too with this one

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Same as 7.6a and before. 640x480 works ok, but if I use dxwnd to resize to 640x240, the y axis gets missaligned.
The strange thing is xbrunox said 7.6b worked for him, while for me had the same 0,0 problem as 8.0 if I remember correctly, later I''l comprove this.
Heis using crt but wiimotes if I remember ok, and I'm using crt guns with topgun driver, which only emulates guns like mice, maybe this is the problem

Scroom

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2019, 09:55:10 pm
Seems like 7.6b and 8.0 is totally broken :(, guns end up not working and flying over to the left corner or right lower corner. Guns wont work at all when RawInput=1 is on in Model 2. Seems like RawInput=0 works, but then player 2 will fire ammo from both 1 and 2.

argonlefou the file you posted for phasermaniac seems to solve the issue with demulshooter and model2. I posted a log of the vanilla 8.0  :soapbox:
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 02:00:12 am by Scroom »

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
does this work with demul and dreamcast games?  i have it set up in rlauncher but noticed a shot to the right hand upper corner forced the game from full to window.

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
Hi everyone, I'm back from Holidays!.

I confirm that I use 2 wiimote with 2 dolphinbars. I'm probably the only one who uses 2 dolphinbars and not just one. The 2 dolphinbars are configured in mode2 so that each dolphinbar sees a wiimote as a mouse.
For windows I have connected 2 mouse.

With this configuration and the DemulShooter_v7.6b.zip version everything works perfectly. (model2 with dxwnd and demul.)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Same as 7.6a and before. 640x480 works ok, but if I use dxwnd to resize to 640x240, the y axis gets missaligned.
The strange thing is xbrunox said 7.6b worked for him, while for me had the same 0,0 problem as 8.0 if I remember correctly, later I''l comprove this.
Heis using crt but wiimotes if I remember ok, and I'm using crt guns with topgun driver, which only emulates guns like mice, maybe this is the problem
Seems like 7.6b and 8.0 is totally broken :(, guns end up not working and flying over to the left corner or right lower corner. Guns wont work at all when RawInput=1 is on in Model 2. Seems like RawInput=0 works, but then player 2 will fire ammo from both 1 and 2.

argonlefou the file you posted for phasermaniac seems to solve the issue with demulshooter and model2. I posted a log of the vanilla 8.0  :soapbox:
This new update, including the "phasermaniac.zip" patch for Model2 should work for almost everyone now (except for you phasermaniac, unfortunatelly I don't know what could happen with your very specific setup  :()
Well at least I hope so....

does this work with demul and dreamcast games?  i have it set up in rlauncher but noticed a shot to the right hand upper corner forced the game from full to window.
No, just arcade games, not Dreamcast
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 05:21:16 pm by argonlefou »

Scroom

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2019, 09:55:10 pm
Perfect Thanks :D

One question, when I try to run Naomi HOTD2 with the following command.

DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=hotd2 -noresize

Both guns will shoot at the same time and I cant figure out why they will do that. The guns also register as the same gun  :dizzy:

Edit:

Demul has been updated alot since 171111,  this is what caused the issue. aegonlefou could you look into updating  ;D?

http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?p=26178#p26178
« Last Edit: July 19, 2018, 11:57:17 pm by Scroom »

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
i’m will my to pay to get it to work with dreamcast games!  such a small title line up, not sure how difficult it would be?  thanks a ton for this app!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

Demul has been updated alot since 171111,  this is what caused the issue. aegonlefou could you look into updating  ;D?

http://forum.emu-russia.net/viewtopic.php?p=26178#p26178
Thanks for the link, I didn't even know about these updates....they didn't put any of these releases on their download page :o
So now, we have to follow a russian forum to have latest versions  :-\
I'll have a look as soon as I can

i’m will my to pay to get it to work with dreamcast games!  such a small title line up, not sure how difficult it would be?  thanks a ton for this app!
As far as I know, the whole line up is made of Arcade ports.
So I have no interrest in it, and it would be too time-consumming for nothing new or better

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
Hey Argon, it looks like Time Crisis Razing Storm is pretty much playable at this point on rpcs3 (depending on the quality of your graphics card). See video below. A pretty bad ass game. It also looks like it has PS Move support, which is pretty cool, but i'd rather have mouse support so I can use my aimtraks.  I know HOTD3 & DeadSpace Extraction are 100% playable and TC4, DeadStorm Pirates & HOTD4 are pretty much as well, depending on your graphics card.  Is this something you could take a look at in the future as far as two player mouse support goes, given how who knows how long it will take for rpcs3 devs to add mouse support (could be years ... or never).  Thanks

Update: It appears he figured out how to emulate a mouse for this game and some other railshooters in rpcs3.  I'm not sure if he created the plugin himself or if rpcs3 did.  I'm gonna test tonight.  Here's a video on that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbM-bUTKQE&feature=youtu.be
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 11:39:47 am by dgrace »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hey Argon, it looks like Time Crisis Razing Storm is pretty much playable at this point on rpcs3 (depending on the quality of your graphics card). See video below. A pretty bad ass game. It also looks like it has PS Move support, which is pretty cool, but i'd rather have mouse support so I can use my aimtraks.  I know HOTD3 & DeadSpace Extraction are 100% playable and TC4, DeadStorm Pirates & HOTD4 are pretty much as well, depending on your graphics card.  Is this something you could take a look at in the future as far as two player mouse support goes, given how who knows how long it will take for rpcs3 devs to add mouse support (could be years ... or never).  Thanks

Update: It appears he figured out how to emulate a mouse for this game and some other railshooters in rpcs3.  I'm not sure if he created the plugin himself or if rpcs3 did.  I'm gonna test tonight.  Here's a video on that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVbM-bUTKQE&feature=youtu.be
If it's RCPS3 native support (just mouse for P1) : just like Demul, whatever I do must be redone for each new build (and you know how fast RCPS3 makes new releases !!)
If it's a 3rd person build there are 2 possibilities : either the patch has to be applied to each new build, or it may be some "plugin" that may be used for a much longer time but in that case the need will be to develop a full plugin with rawinput support, configuration screen, etc etc....

RCPS3 is indeed getting better but for now, DemulShooter won't be of much help for it

dgrace

• Offline Offline

If it's RCPS3 native support (just mouse for P1) : just like Demul, whatever I do must be redone for each new build (and you know how fast RCPS3 makes new releases !!)
If it's a 3rd person build there are 2 possibilities : either the patch has to be applied to each new build, or it may be some "plugin" that may be used for a much longer time but in that case the need will be to develop a full plugin with rawinput support, configuration screen, etc etc....

RCPS3 is indeed getting better but for now, DemulShooter won't be of much help for it

Thanks Argon ... understood.  I was just giving everyone a heads up on their progress with mouse support.  I think it was a 3rd person build. Hopefully in the not so distant future it will be ready for Demulshooter support. 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
DemulShooter v8.2 :
- Changed Demul support to 0.7a_180428 reelase

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
Does anyone have any idea why my Aimtraks are not seen in the target Terror tt-config?
EDIT:  For some reason I can't connect my Aimtrak's to the VM, it says the host is using them.  Both guns are plugged into USB 2.0 ports.  I'm running VMWare Workstation Pro 12 on Windows 7 x64.  Has anyone else run into this problem?  I've searched the internet for a solution to no avail.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2018, 04:37:59 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Sorry for maybe missing the fix to this but my crosshair in operation G.H.O.S.T. is way to the right and a bit too low even though I try to set negative offsset in the calibration tab in Demulshooter. (Dont have the most recent versions though if that's the part I've done wrong) or is it a setting in GameLoader I've overseen?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this have been posted before  :'(
"One coin to rule em' all"

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
There's no specific thing to do for operation ghost,  all should work.
The cursor beeing off is what's happening when you use a mouse,  or the Aimtrak without demulshooter.  Are you sure demulshooter is hooking the game correcty ?

Anyway,  it's written in the wiki and I'll repeat it again : don't mess with the calibration tab unless you're using old act lab guns.
This has nothing to do with in-game croshair

gstav

• Offline Offline
hehe my bad. missed the correct directory in my go.bat  :banghead: works now

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1342 on: September 06, 2018, 12:45:52 pm »
Hi! how is it going?
Lately, I'm adding Retrofe Frond End to my system.
I'm getting an Error window with:
SystemTray.Create failed
And another named Demulshoter 8.1:
Exception notcontrolled of the application
 If I press continue on this window, Demulshooter seems to work normaly.

I have seen you have talked about this in page 6 but seems the solution was an independent built?
I'm in windows 10 with the last demulshooter
cant this be resolved with a -silent parameter, instead of a separate version?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 03:33:32 pm by phasermaniac »

mc2face

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2018, 07:25:06 pm
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #1343 on: September 12, 2018, 06:33:19 pm »
argonlefou thanks so much for all your work on this. Im loving playing some 2 player with my younger son.
I can happily play my entire collection of light gun games with my aimtraks now, brilliant.
Except...... Rambo the video game.... most people think its terrible I know. But it has potential to be a fun on rails shooter with progression and a time crisis like cover system. It even has the ability to hide crosshairs built in. The only thing its lacking, is raw mouse support  ???
Is there anything you could do to add this? Dinput emulation?

A missed opportunity on the developers behalf, but I understand if you have no interest in it.

Thanks again,

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1344 on: September 13, 2018, 12:21:39 pm »
I'm currently away for vacations,  I'll ckeck all your messages in october ;)

aleweiss77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 25, 2018, 03:45:37 pm
« Reply #1345 on: September 14, 2018, 07:21:30 am »
Hello argonlefou, congratulations on your work!  :applaud:
I use the demulshooter with two wiimotes, it works perfectly on all games.
I use the Touchmote software, and I have some problems with the Mame and the Pcsx2, would it be possible to implement something in the demulshooter to use it with mame and in the pcsx2 as for the demul, segaring etc?
in mame, the 2 wiimote, works well in joystick mode but I have an offset of 6/7 cm on the left and I can not find a way to correct it (even with the calibration in game without result). In the pcsx2 I can not in any way to make it work , if I configure the wiimote as a mouse I have no answer in the game, if I configure them as joysticks i have a bouncing crossfire without control .... The only solution is Demulshooter  ;D
Many users who use wiimotes would appreciate this because they have the same problem.  :notworthy:
thanks again for your program is great !!!

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1346 on: September 24, 2018, 05:33:17 am »
I got the Elevator action Death parade to work, non rotaded, so a slim screen to play with and no 2nd screen attatched so the elevator ride is black only, but with sound. guess this is the best you'll get 1 monitor non rotaded. BUT, I would love to have crosshair option... Any way to get this working in RL or DS or something?
Any help appreciated. Also would be great with some working bezel artwork if anyone have that too! *fingers crossed*

edit
Fixed it all, window mode works so your custom crosshair stays on in Rocket Launcher + a RL bezel I did.
Looks like this now. Pretty fun with bezel and dosen't feels that narrow when gaming now either.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:09:29 pm by gstav »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1347 on: September 25, 2018, 09:58:20 am »
Hi gstav, I tried this game in two pcs, and it always crash in the splash screen. Both pcs are win 10 with ati cards. Any tip? Are you in win 10? Do you use ati?

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1348 on: September 26, 2018, 10:24:21 am »
No, I'm on Win7, but I think it's your card that gives you the problem as this title is develepoed for the NIVIDIA cards I'm afraid as it is stated "PhysX ny NIVIDIA" in the intro
Check 00:10s in the video here
Can be wrong though so anyone, feel free to chip in :D

edit: Here's a picture of my setup with RocketLaunchers bezels  + Demulshooter
« Last Edit: September 26, 2018, 03:50:47 pm by gstav »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1349 on: September 26, 2018, 09:21:24 pm »
No, I'm on Win7, but I think it's your card that gives you the problem as this title is develepoed for the NIVIDIA cards I'm afraid as it is stated "PhysX ny NIVIDIA" in the intro
Check 00:10s in the video here
Can be wrong though so anyone, feel free to chip in :D

edit: Here's a picture of my setup with RocketLaunchers bezels  + Demulshooter

I know RL has demulshooter as an option in the settings for Sega model 2, sega atomiswave, sega naomi, etc. But not for other systems like PC games, Dolphin, Taito type X, Ringedge/Ringwide/Teknoparrot, etc. Can you share how you got this game working in RL and demulshooter simultaneously? Isnt it Taito Type X? Thanks

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1350 on: September 27, 2018, 02:46:44 am »
I know RL has demulshooter as an option in the settings for Sega model 2, sega atomiswave, sega naomi, etc. But not for other systems like PC games, Dolphin, Taito type X, Ringedge/Ringwide/Teknoparrot, etc. Can you share how you got this game working in RL and demulshooter simultaneously? Isnt it Taito Type X? Thanks

Hi! Yes, I have not got around using just one instance of Demulshooter but using a per game one, no a biggie as it takes minimum place.
Your're right that it is made for emus, demul as a first I guess(!)  :angel: But, also separate ArcadePC-light gun titles like Gaia Attack 4, Music GUN!GUN! 2 and Operation G.H.O.S.T..

Also Dolphin looks like it is supported and I will look at it later on today if I have the chance as I think my Aimtraks is oversensetive as it is. So not only do you use Demulkshooter to hide the crosshair which many seem to believie it is only thing, but also enable 2 player functionality to games end emus which did not work in 2 player mode. Also the mouse sometimes works but the Aimtrak goes bananas in sensitivity, Demulshooter also fixes this. Great stuff  :applaud:

Now, back to the question for this game:

I have an instance of demulsooter in the games directory whit this settings, just enable the gun and a key for the flashbang as I only have one button on the NAMCO gun

Futher more I did an ahk file made to exe with ahk2exe compiler as I got fucus problem. This starts the Demulshooter and then wait and mousclicks on screen and sleeps again.
Dont know if all the sleep is necessary, but I had to do this in Music GUN!GUN!2, and it was a bit handy just copying it as it worked directly.  ::)

Run, E:\GAMES\Arcade PC\Elevator Action Death Parade\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=eadp
 Sleep, 100
 Send, {ALTDOWN}
 Sleep, 1200 ; to give time for the Alt + Tab window menu to come up
 Send, {TAB}
 Sleep, 1200
 Send, {ALTUP}
Return

in RocketLauncher i have this settings in the ArcadePC.ahk module

As you can see in the Demulshooter PDF, many titles are supported as you can see here:

https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki

Taito Type X
   Elevator Action: Death Parade
   Gaia attack 4
   Gundam: Spirit Of Zeon
   Haunted Museum
   Haunted Museum 2
   Music Gun Gun ! 2
   Silent Hill: The Arcade
Global VR
   Aliens: Extermination (protected release)
   Aliens: Extermination (dehasped release)
   Fright Fear Land
RingWide
Dolphin

Let me know hhow it works for you

defre19766

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 16, 2020, 03:46:47 pm
« Reply #1351 on: September 27, 2018, 04:08:50 pm »
I got it finally working but i have a last question . I had a ULA script like this to have the game in widescreen .

require("model2");   -- Import model2 machine globals

function Init()

end

function Frame()
     Model2_SetWideScreen(1)

Model2_SetStretchALow(1)
   Model2_SetStretchAHigh(1)

Model2_SetStretchBLow(1)
   Model2_SetStretchBHigh(1)
end

But when using demulshooter it will overide this script with this ULA .
No widescreen .
I tried to copy past this in the new script , then i have widescreen but i get an error . I think its not correct .
Can somebody please help .

require("model2");   -- Import model2 machine globals
require("demulshooter");

function Init()
   P1_ChangeCrosshair_KeyState = 0
   P2_ChangeCrosshair_KeyState = 0
   CrosshairVisibility_KeyState = 0
   CrosshairList = lines_from( "./artwork/crosshairs/crosshairs.lst")
   RomConfig = lines_from("./artwork/crosshairs/vcop.cfg")
   P1_CrosshairIndex = tonumber(RomConfig[1])
   P2_CrosshairIndex = tonumber(RomConfig[2])
   CrosshairVisibility = tonumber(RomConfig[3])

if not CrosshairList[P1_CrosshairIndex] then P1_CrosshairIndex = 1 end
   if not CrosshairList[P2_CrosshairIndex] then P2_CrosshairIndex = 1 end

P1_Crosshair = Video_CreateSurfaceFromFile("./artwork/crosshairs/"..CrosshairList[P1_CrosshairIndex].."1.png")
   P2_Crosshair = Video_CreateSurfaceFromFile("./artwork/crosshairs/"..CrosshairList[P2_CrosshairIndex].."2.png")

end

function PostDraw()
   KeyCheck()   

if CrosshairVisibility == 1 then      
      P1AX = (I960_ReadWord(0x501620))
      P1AY = (I960_ReadWord(0x501610))
      P2AX = (I960_ReadWord(0x501690))
      P2AY = (I960_ReadWord(0x5015f8))

P1P=P1AX..P1AY
      P2P=P2AX..P2AY
      width,height = Video_GetScreenSize();

XPOS = (P1AX - 131) / 495;
      XPOS = XPOS * width;

YPOS = ((P1AY - 36) / 383) - 1;
      YPOS = height+(YPOS * height);

XPOS2 = (P2AX - 131) / 495;
      XPOS2 = XPOS2 * width;

YPOS2 = ((P2AY - 36) / 383) - 1;
      YPOS2 = height + (YPOS2 * height);

Video_DrawSurface(P1_Crosshair, XPOS-32, YPOS-32)
      Video_DrawSurface(P2_Crosshair, XPOS2-32, YPOS2-32)
   end

end

function KeyCheck()
   if Input_IsKeyPressed(P1_ChangeCrosshairKey) == 1 then
      if P1_ChangeCrosshair_KeyState == 0 then
         P1_ChangeCrosshair_KeyState = 1   
            if P1_CrosshairIndex < #CrosshairList then
               P1_CrosshairIndex = P1_CrosshairIndex + 1
            else
               P1_CrosshairIndex = 1
            end 
            Video_ReleaseSurface(P1_Crosshair)
            P1_Crosshair = Video_CreateSurfaceFromFile("./artwork/crosshairs/"..CrosshairList[P1_CrosshairIndex].."1.png")
         end
      end
   else
      P1_ChangeCrosshair_KeyState = 0
   end

if Input_IsKeyPressed(P2_ChangeCrosshairKey) == 1 then
      if P2_ChangeCrosshair_KeyState == 0 then
         P2_ChangeCrosshair_KeyState = 1   
            if P2_CrosshairIndex < #CrosshairList then
               P2_CrosshairIndex = P2_CrosshairIndex + 1
            else
               P2_CrosshairIndex = 1
            end 
            Video_ReleaseSurface(P2_Crosshair)
            P2_Crosshair = Video_CreateSurfaceFromFile("./artwork/crosshairs/"..CrosshairList[P2_CrosshairIndex].."2.png")
         end
      end
   else
      P2_ChangeCrosshair_KeyState = 0
   end

if Input_IsKeyPressed(CrosshairVisibilityKey) == 1 then
      if CrosshairVisibility_KeyState == 0 then   
         CrosshairVisibility_KeyState = 1
            CrosshairVisibility = 0
         else
            CrosshairVisibility = 1
         end
      end
   else
      CrosshairVisibility_KeyState = 0
   end

end

function End()
   --Save our Settings
   local file = io.open("./artwork/crosshairs/vcop.cfg", "w")
   file:write(P1_CrosshairIndex.."\n"..P2_CrosshairIndex.."\n"..CrosshairVisibility)
   file:close()

end

gstav

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1352 on: October 02, 2018, 06:23:39 am »
download ps2 mouse patcher https://mega.nz/#!x8pVDS7B!8ulM8zHQGxC7Oi7a9Psmckl6wKVGa7-xZMJsEMd6Wb8

Where did you find this patcher pal?
Would love to get hold of others or if he does some more.
Did a video and some setup instructions for use in Rocket Launcher which work for me in this video:

« Last Edit: October 02, 2018, 06:25:10 am by gstav »

Shinobis Shinpads

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2021, 08:50:08 am
« Reply #1353 on: October 02, 2018, 09:50:16 am »
argonlefou, this may be a bit of a long shot, but is there any chance of getting a version of Demulshooter that is compatible with Demul 0.56? My cabinet is built in xp and 0.57 has all sorts of issues on XP.

Happy to contribute funds, but completely understand if you would rather not!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1354 on: October 05, 2018, 05:02:10 am »
argonlefou thanks so much for all your work on this. Im loving playing some 2 player with my younger son.
I can happily play my entire collection of light gun games with my aimtraks now, brilliant.
Except...... Rambo the video game.... most people think its terrible I know. But it has potential to be a fun on rails shooter with progression and a time crisis like cover system. It even has the ability to hide crosshairs built in. The only thing its lacking, is raw mouse support  ???
Is there anything you could do to add this? Dinput emulation?

A missed opportunity on the developers behalf, but I understand if you have no interest in it.

Thanks again,
Unfortunatelly as for many steam/windows games, control handling is ---smurfy--- and needs a real hardware to be plugged (just like Blue Estate)
I don't remenber the details but I looked at Rambo long ago and ran into a lot of troubles with Dinput emulation (again, just like Blue Estate)

Hello argonlefou, congratulations on your work!  :applaud:
I use the demulshooter with two wiimotes, it works perfectly on all games.
I use the Touchmote software, and I have some problems with the Mame and the Pcsx2, would it be possible to implement something in the demulshooter to use it with mame and in the pcsx2 as for the demul, segaring etc?
in mame, the 2 wiimote, works well in joystick mode but I have an offset of 6/7 cm on the left and I can not find a way to correct it (even with the calibration in game without result). In the pcsx2 I can not in any way to make it work , if I configure the wiimote as a mouse I have no answer in the game, if I configure them as joysticks i have a bouncing crossfire without control .... The only solution is Demulshooter  ;D
Many users who use wiimotes would appreciate this because they have the same problem.  :notworthy:
thanks again for your program is great !!!
As for MAME, I won't do anything : there are a lot of releases so it means 2 things :
1) I can't afford to change DemulShooter every 3 weeks as soon as a new MAME is released, and I don't even mention all "non-genuine" builds hanging all around the world that won't be compatible
2) Better way is to fix he issue directly with MAME developpers as the software is still evolving

Fixed it all, window mode works so your custom crosshair stays on in Rocket Launcher + a RL bezel I did.
Looks like this now. Pretty fun with bezel and dosen't feels that narrow when gaming now either.
Love your bezel  ;)
I did it long ago with a simple AHK script to remove  window's border and fix it in screen but I removed the bezel and let it all black behind, my custom made bezel was not looking that great  :applaud:

argonlefou, this may be a bit of a long shot, but is there any chance of getting a version of Demulshooter that is compatible with Demul 0.56? My cabinet is built in xp and 0.57 has all sorts of issues on XP.
Happy to contribute funds, but completely understand if you would rather not!
Well, It's not a money-related question  ;)
0.57 is working with  XP (at least on my computer when I did it) and there's no point getting even lower as 0.56 was released almost 10 years ago  :(
This is only MY opinion, but - as far as emulation is concerned -  I don't think 0.56 (or even 0.57 or 0.58 if they weren't already compatible) are worth it

Hi! how is it going?
Lately, I'm adding Retrofe Frond End to my system.
I'm getting an Error window with:
SystemTray.Create failed
And another named Demulshoter 8.1:
Exception notcontrolled of the application
 If I press continue on this window, Demulshooter seems to work normaly.

I have seen you have talked about this in page 6 but seems the solution was an independent built?
I'm in windows 10 with the last demulshooter
cant this be resolved with a -silent parameter, instead of a separate version?
The issue you're mentionning (page 6 of this topic) has been patched and is part of DemulShooter since then, it should work without "explorer.exe" running
As for the "why" you get this error message.....I can't say. Windows 10 ? UAC ?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1355 on: October 05, 2018, 06:20:25 am »
The issue you're mentionning (page 6 of this topic) has been patched and is part of DemulShooter since then, it should work without "explorer.exe" running
As for the "why" you get this error message.....I can't say. Windows 10 ? UAC ?
Yes, windows 10, uac disabled, so maybe windows 10. I'll comprovate next week, now I'm out, thanks!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1356 on: October 14, 2018, 05:32:26 pm »
Hi argon, I have comprovated and I have uac disabled.
when I run the frontend without explorer running, Demulshooter keeps generating the error message, while other programs that shows an icon in the toolbar dont have any problem.
Im using win10 with last demulshooter version.
Anyidea how I can hide this error? Because if I disregard it and focus the game window, demulshooter works normally
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 09:52:14 am by phasermaniac »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1357 on: October 16, 2018, 04:30:54 pm »
Hi argon, I have comprovated and I have uac disabled.
when I run the frontend without explorer running, Demulshooter keeps generating the error message, while other programs that shows an icon in the toolbar dont have any problem.
Im using win10 with last demulshooter version.
Anyidea how I can hide this error? Because if I disregard it and focus the game window, demulshooter works normally
Could you get a screenshot of the error window (with detailed message text if you can display it) ?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1358 on: October 16, 2018, 05:52:41 pm »
Thats all what I have here, but I can make some detailed screenshots if you need.
This is the first error window:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2018, 06:09:50 pm by phasermaniac »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1359 on: October 16, 2018, 06:07:33 pm »
And the other one:

Thanks