Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976108 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:34:11 am
dgrace, I have a question.
If I have a 3D display, can I see real 3D in LGI 3D version? Does graphic appear side by side way?
No it's not side-by-side 3D, the original cabinet is using a special 3D screen and users don't need to wear any glasses to see 3D (almost like nintendo 3DS maybe ?)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
And I forgot to put a link to the no-crosshair patch for LGI3D : https://mega.nz/#!BJwjSQDT!5k7ArK2VnVyeq94Dp6VonR7Al_SoWijnjc1jzogaKZg

As for LGI, copy the file to /data/acroarts/2D/ subdirectory

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
By the way, I found way playing Crisis zone(ps2) without annoying fog effect.
It does not need Guncon 2 usb plugin. It just connect mouse input directly to pad input.

First, you need Europe version of Crisis Zone. Easily founded on internet. USA version is not working.

Second, download ps2 mouse patcher
https://mega.nz/#!x8pVDS7B!8ulM8zHQGxC7Oi7a9Psmckl6wKVGa7-xZMJsEMd6Wb8

Third, settings for pcsx2

Go pad plugin setting. In general tab, check windows messaging at keyboard API and check disable at mouse API.
Go pad 1 tab, set D-Pad direction to left right up down of keyboard. And set start to B, R1 to V, Cross to X, square to S, circle to Z, triangle to A of keyboard.

Forth, playing

Execute downloaded ps2mp.exe.  If there is antivirus program warning, set this program exception.
Small UI appear, two check boxes are unlimited bullet and life hack. Uncheck boxes. Don't close program.
Execute pcsx2 and load Crisis Zone Eur version. Trigger is left click of mouse, guard is right click, start is mid click. Of course you can use Aimtrak lightgun.
Because of don't using guncon plugin, there is no fog effect.

But it has limitation. Moving crosshair is visible always, and Eur version does not have widescreen hack.

Argon, can you add this function to Demulshooter?
If possible, US version of Crisis zone is better which has existing widescreen hack. And removing crosshair would be awesome.
My English is not good, but I hope you understand what I'm saying. :cheers: Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:32:24 pm by hyo2012 »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Wow it works!
Hyo2012, do you have more info about this patch? is it only for Crisis Zone or for any game where you aim with Dpad?
I tested with Police 24-7 Eu, but don't work, maybe because this game doesn't allow to use the Dpad to aim.

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
Wow it works!
Hyo2012, do you have more info about this patch? is it only for Crisis Zone or for any game where you aim with Dpad?
I tested with Police 24-7 Eu, but don't work, maybe because this game doesn't allow to use the Dpad to aim.

As I know, this ps2 mouse patch is made by Chinese developer. I downloaded it on baidu(Chinese web portal) by chance.

I modified above pcsx2 setting.

Go pad plugin setting. In general tab, check windows messaging at keyboard API and check disable at mouse API.
Go pad 1 tab, set D-Pad direction to left right up down of keyboard. And set start to B, R1 to V, Cross to X, square to S, circle to Z, triangle to A of keyboard.
this is correct setting.

PS2MP.exe works on Crisis Zone (Europe), Time Crisis 2 (USA), Ninja Assault (JPN), Virtua Cop Rebirth(JPN), Vampire Night (USA). You must match rom region.
When using widescreen hack, bullet direction is not correspond with crosshair. So must turn off widescreen hack in pcsx2 setting.
Except crisis zone, other games are work well using Nuvee plugin. But PS2mp.exe is useful who feel difficult in using Nuvee plugin.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:48:18 pm by hyo2012 »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Gaia attack 4 seems playable with jconfig, ill test later

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
By the way, I found way playing Crisis zone(ps2) without annoying fog effect.
It does not need Guncon 2 usb plugin. It just connect mouse input directly to pad input.

First, you need Europe version of Crisis Zone. Easily founded on internet. USA version is not working.

Second, download ps2 mouse patcher
https://mega.nz/#!x8pVDS7B!8ulM8zHQGxC7Oi7a9Psmckl6wKVGa7-xZMJsEMd6Wb8

Third, settings for pcsx2

Forth, playing

Execute downloaded ps2mp.exe.  If there is antivirus program warning, set this program exception.
Small UI appear, two check boxes are unlimited bullet and life hack. Uncheck boxes. Don't close program.
Execute pcsx2 and load Crisis Zone Eur version. Trigger is left click of mouse, guard is right click, start is mid click. Of course you can use Aimtrak lightgun.
Because of don't using guncon plugin, there is no fog effect.

But it has limitation. Moving crosshair is visible always, and Eur version does not have widescreen hack.

Argon, can you add this function to Demulshooter?
If possible, US version of Crisis zone is better which has existing widescreen hack. And removing crosshair would be awesome.
My English is not good, but I hope you understand what I'm saying. :cheers: Thank you.
I'll have a look at it later, but it's quite sure I won't do anything with it....Hacking a hack already hacking a plugin.....well  :P :D

Gaia attack 4 seems playable with jconfig, ill test later
DemulShooter v7.6 :
- Added support (well, not hidden support) for LGI 3D
- Added support for Gaia Attack 4
- Updated user guide

For Gaia Attack, all 4 players can be controled by DemulShooter, but for now only P1 & P2 will be available as the program itself does not support more than 2 devices.
So untill further update....

Gaia Attack 4 - No Crosshair Patch : https://mega.nz/#!INBXCAaA!A6VV6TPsD20HmERyPbQ0ZW1WxA08qdPd2pSrL9ul6a8

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
So fast! It works nice, many thanks for this! its one of the best lg games recently dumped and adapted in my opinion.
In minigun.ini seems also important to set render_flag to 0, else the x axis gets inverted.

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
Anyone else have issue with GAIA ATTACK 4

When I set JVSENABLE and GUNENABLE to 0 the game crashes when I hit the start button

I am on Windows 7, have the game exe set to run as admin and xp sp2 compatibility mode.

Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
Gaia Attack 4 two player worked great.  Thanks Argon! So many sweet dual light games  to choose from now.  We are so spoiled.  That's awesome that up to 4 players is possible.  I have a 3rd Aimtrak gun so that would be sweet.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Anyone else have issue with GAIA ATTACK 4

When I set JVSENABLE and GUNENABLE to 0 the game crashes when I hit the start button

I am on Windows 7, have the game exe set to run as admin and xp sp2 compatibility mode.

Thanks

I have Win7 and it worked fine for me.  I also didn't even need to use the jconfig file, run as admin or xp sp2 compatibility mode.  There were a few broken dumps before I found a working one. 

However, I can't figure out a way to exit the game other than holding alt & F4.  Anyone have any suggestions?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
I noticed in Gaia, only player one will have the red dot in the center of the crosshair (depending on the level) but player 2 won't have the blue dot.  Is this something you can fix/add? If not, it's not a big deal.  Just curious if it's an easy fix.  I think I noticed the same problem in Panic Museum as well with player 2's crosshair.  Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
However, I can't figure out a way to exit the game other than holding alt & F4.  Anyone have any suggestions?
As usual, AHK script with some "Process, Close, game.exe" command in it

I noticed in Gaia, only player one will have the red dot in the center of the crosshair (depending on the level) but player 2 won't have the blue dot.  Is this something you can fix/add? If not, it's not a big deal.  Just curious if it's an easy fix.  I think I noticed the same problem in Panic Museum as well with player 2's crosshair.  Thanks
Crosshair is a texture file, and it's the same colorless texture used for all players.
I didn't notice any differences as I'm removing them  :D

But the file beiing the same for all, if there are differences it's the game's engine fault so I won't be able to to anything

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Thanks Argon! I'll try that script out for GAIA. 

Test menu now saves in Let's Go Island3D which is nice because you can now save the calibration (it's always been a tad bit off), you can select which level/path you want to start with (before it always forced you to start with the first boat level) and you can just set it to always load as 2D. 

You just have to launch demulshooter first, launch test menu in lgi3D, calibrate p1 & p2 guns, save & exit and retart game out of test menu, and you're golden.  Such a fun game!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
the game crashes when I hit the start button
looks like the solution is to set GUN_NUM_FAKE to 1, but this way p1 lifes gets to the center of the bottom of the screen and cant see p2 lifes.
If I set GUNENABLE   to 1, lifes seems correctly positioned, but Argon specifies to set it to 0 in Demulshooter guide, I can't test it now, but maybe necessary for Demulshooter
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:26:44 am by phasermaniac »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
It's not really needed by DemulShooter but it's what the game needs to run standalone in debug mode (with mouse + keyboard controls and 4 players) without Jconfig

There was no Jconfig when I had the game.
Jconfig emulates IO board (but they don't know how to enable players 3 and 4)

So make suee you have not put Jconfig files in the game's folder

To mke it quick,  if you can run the game with mouse controls and 4 players,  then you're goood for DemulShooter :)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 06:02:21 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
sorry, I reinstalled the game without jconfig, but I'm still having to set GUN_NUM_FAKE to 1, else, on pressing any start button, it crashes for me. And setting GUN_NUM_FAKE to 1, causes the p1 lifes to be at center and p2 lifes doesn't show. So do you have this problem too?
Also I replaced the nocrosshair files and set GUN_CURSOR to 0, but in Area 4 Mission 16 I can see one, maybe I did something wrong in replacing files

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I don't know what's happening for your INI files and the game :( Naver had any issue it worked directly out of the box (just needed to install the video drivers and register another dll driver)

As for the crosshairs,  I didn't play the full game to the end so somz levels may use different crosshair files.
I noticed some levels were already wirhout crosshairs,  and some with.
I removed the ones you normally see in stage select screen and at least in the level where you shoot rocks in right order

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
sorry, I reinstalled the game without jconfig, but I'm still having to set GUN_NUM_FAKE to 1, else, on pressing any start button, it crashes for me. And setting GUN_NUM_FAKE to 1, causes the p1 lifes to be at center and p2 lifes doesn't show. So do you have this problem too?
Also I replaced the nocrosshair files and set GUN_CURSOR to 0, but in Area 4 Mission 16 I can see one, maybe I did something wrong in replacing files

Hi man!

I have the exact same issue. Had to use the GUN_NUM_FAKE set to 1 which centers the P1 Life and hides P2's.
Witghout this I can't play it without the game crashing upon start. So if you get around this in any way, please let me know.
I'm using the "Gaia attack 4 1.02 JPN" dump.

Also @argonlefou , why is the volume maxed when I play with demulshooter? I have set my main volume to like 10% but it's 100 when this games starts *eardrums gone*  :laugh:
Any way of fix this?
"One coin to rule em' all"

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Hi gstav, are you using ati graphics card? I'm using with crtemudriver and a 640x480. With this, I can't get OperationGhost to run, and Music gungun2 ran, but now I'm getting the3d error again. Elevator action crashes too

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 22, 2024, 10:59:19 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
Hi pal!

No, I having and older Nvidia GTX650 in my cab. Operation G.H.O.S.T. works for me though.
(Side Q: Do you rotate your screen for Elevator Madness? Just got really big black bars on the side here)
Pretty strange however with the GA4 crashing for us.

Which version do you have?
"One coin to rule em' all"

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
same as you, are there any onther?

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Should there be a button to throw grenades in Operation GHOST? I feel like it prompts you at times to throw grenades but not sure how.  The default settings are right click action and reload and middle button to change weapons.  Just curious.  Thanks
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 01:20:35 am by dgrace »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Should there be a button to throw grenades in Operation GHOST? I feel like it prompts you at times to throw grenades but not sure how.  The default settings are right click action and reload and middle button to change weapons.  Just curious.  Thanks
You can check the user manual (http://www.segaarcade.com/__assets__/GamePDFs/Games/00125/operation-ghost-5522-manual.pdf) or the TEST menu, there are only 3 buttons : Shoot, Action and shooting-mode-selection

Also @argonlefou , why is the volume maxed when I play with demulshooter? I have set my main volume to like 10% but it's 100 when this games starts *eardrums gone*  :laugh:
Any way of fix this?
Hmmm...never had this issue  :o
Really weird between the non-working game and this  :-\

« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 05:32:12 pm by argonlefou »

tony.silveira

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2024, 10:24:34 pm
    • my baby
hi there, anxious to try out DS, curious if it works with old timey actlab guns?  i tried real quick with HOTD on model 2 but the cursors were planted dead center, no matter where i shot on screen.

thanks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
hi there, anxious to try out DS, curious if it works with old timey actlab guns?  i tried real quick with HOTD on model 2 but the cursors were planted dead center, no matter where i shot on screen.

thanks!
I don't know...I don't have those to test  :(
You can run the DsDiag.exe utility and try with each device on the dropdown list if something move on the screen

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Ok I think the p1 lifes cetered and other players not showing problem seems to be resolved killing the GUN_NUM_FAKE 0/1 line from the config file.

Also, I have some problem with the resize to 640x480. If I set:
SCREEN_WIDTH 640
SCREEN_HEIGHT 480
RENDER_WIDTH 640
RENDER_HEIGHT 480
RENDER_WIDTH3D 640
RENDER_HEIGHT3D 480
some graphics get missaligned and not resized.
If I use dxwind it resizes right but with Demulshooter the aiming only reaches the middle of x and y.
Without demulshooter the aiming its right, but you know only 1p.
Any thought on this? I tested the different mouse options in dxwnd, and didn't notice any signicative change in the coords.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 05:41:45 pm by phasermaniac »

speedracer50

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 03, 2019, 11:01:37 am
first let me say DemulShooter is great and now that it is supported with RL it is even better. i am only using it for 2 games HOTD2 and sport shooting usa. when i run the DS_Diag i can see both guns as separate with separate triggers however when playing the games both guns act as player one. i am launching the games through RL. am i missing something here? i have tried calibrating the guns in both games and in the games calibration menu they are both appearing as one. any help would be greatly appreciated.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
first let me say DemulShooter is great and now that it is supported with RL it is even better. i am only using it for 2 games HOTD2 and sport shooting usa. when i run the DS_Diag i can see both guns as separate with separate triggers however when playing the games both guns act as player one. i am launching the games through RL. am i missing something here? i have tried calibrating the guns in both games and in the games calibration menu they are both appearing as one. any help would be greatly appreciated.
It seems like RL is no running things correctly and DemulShooter either is not runnig or didn't hook the game correctly
Did you try alone, without the frontend ?
You can add a -v at the end of the command to create a debug file if it does not work. We may have information in it

Ok I think the p1 lifes cetered and other players not showing problem seems to be resolved killing the GUN_NUM_FAKE 0/1 line from the config file.
This might be true, I never had this line in mt config file.
Here's mine :
Code: [Select]
CNFNAME        .\sv\
RANKFILE    .\sv\
REGION        E
REDEMPTION    0
PRJENABLE       1
FULLSCREEN      1
JVSENABLE    0
GUNENABLE    0
GUN_CURSOR        1
FORCE_EXIT_KEY        1
SCREEN_WIDTH        1920
SCREEN_HEIGHT        1080
DEBUG_VRAM        0
RENDER_WIDTH3D        1920
RENDER_HEIGHT3D        1080
RENDER_WIDTH        1920
RENDER_HEIGHT        1080

Also, I have some problem with the resize to 640x480. If I set:
SCREEN_WIDTH 640
SCREEN_HEIGHT 480
RENDER_WIDTH 640
RENDER_HEIGHT 480
RENDER_WIDTH3D 640
RENDER_HEIGHT3D 480

some graphics get missaligned and not resized.
If I use dxwind it resizes right but with Demulshooter the aiming only reaches the middle of x and y.
Without demulshooter the aiming its right, but you know only 1p.
Any thought on this? I tested the different mouse options in dxwnd, and didn't notice any signicative change in the coords.
Just keep in mind that shooting games, and even more with demushooter, are highly dependant of the windows location and size
So messing with some of the windows settings with DxWnd may have consequences

speedracer50

• Offline Offline
i finaly got a chance to run demulshooter outside of RL same results both guns acting as one here is the debug hope yo can spot something

21:48:20.472681 :
21:48:20.478672 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
21:48:20.482682 : P1 device =
21:48:20.486672 : P1 device handle = 0
21:48:20.490672 : P2 device  =
21:48:20.494672 : P2 device handle = 0
21:48:20.497673 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=demul07a
21:48:20.501673 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=sprtshot
21:48:20.505673 : Cmdline arg 3 : -noresize
21:48:20.508673 : Cmdline arg 4 : -widescreen
21:48:20.512673 : Cmdline arg 5 : -v
21:48:20.541685 : File not found : C:\Users\John\Desktop\\MemoryData\demul\07a\atomiswave.cfg
21:48:20.547675 : Waiting for atomiswavegame to hook.....
21:48:20.552685 : File not found : C:\Users\John\Desktop\\MemoryData\demul\07a\atomiswave.cfg
21:49:08.590287 : LowLevelMouseHook installed !
21:49:08.597287 : Attached to Process demul.exe, ProcessHandle = 1176
21:49:08.601290 : Demul.exe = 0x00400000, padDemul.dll = 0x0ECD0000
21:49:08.611288 : Adding CodeCave at : 0x17F10000
21:49:08.617289 : Atomiswave Memory Hack complete !
21:49:08.622289 : -
21:51:55.095665 : demul.exe closed

thanks,

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Two issues :
1: There is no device saved (my guess: demulshooter config fild not found)
2: It can't find the memory files

I'd say you have some directory issue,  demulshooter is not finding it's config and the memory files that are all in demulshooter's folder

Look at the "file not found" lines and try to see what's wrong with the path
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 12:36:07 am by argonlefou »

speedracer50

• Offline Offline
ok that was my bad i moved the exe out to my desktop for this demonstration. i moved it back into the demul shooter folder and got a lot more information in debug file. still same results both guns have separate cursors in this mode but still shoot as one and it even locked my pc to where the left mouse wouldn't work at all when i was trying to close the game. i have attached the debug.txt for your consideration. looks to me like maybe a issue with the mouse? 19:18:47.153669 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
ok that was my bad i moved the exe out to my desktop for this demonstration. i moved it back into the demul shooter folder and got a lot more information in debug file. still same results both guns have separate cursors in this mode but still shoot as one and it even locked my pc to where the left mouse wouldn't work at all when i was trying to close the game. i have attached the debug.txt for your consideration. looks to me like maybe a issue with the mouse? 19:18:47.153669 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
No the mouse button is normal,  it stays at 0 until a click event appears.
So far everything is normal in the file (sadly),  so I can't really say what's happening
So usual things to look :
- checking the demul version is the good one
- checking you use demulshooter with admin privilege

Zeratul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2018, 01:26:40 pm
You can calibrate your aim in Touchmote very well, but there is no wizard. You need to edit the config file manually and test.

After going through all the pages and reading a lot, I realized the issue is similar to what was being discussed earlier.

After testing with XInputReporter, it seems that "Touchmote" only picks up the left/right axis at a .530, and -.530, but then it gets higher whenever I go further but it becomes very inaccurate (I'm using a 21" screen in my cabinet, and for the aim to reach 1 or -1 I have to aim way way off the screen)

@Tomkun, do you think you can guide me on how to set up touchmote so that I can calibrate it? I tried the settings.json and the other settings file in the keymapper folder, but couldn't fix the issue with the boundaries of the screen/distance or whether this is related to the position smoothing or dead zone.

I tried then WiinUSoft, and I could get the values to 1,-1 without that much hassle, and was able to get it working with Demulshooter finally, but it has an issue if the bar is at the bottom and have to place it on top, which I might end up modding my cabinet to get it working this way.

speedracer50

• Offline Offline
No the mouse button is normal,  it stays at 0 until a click event appears.
So far everything is normal in the file (sadly),  so I can't really say what's happening
So usual things to look :
- checking the demul version is the good one
- checking you use demulshooter with admin privilege

so i upgraded to the latest version of Demul and re-named the folder demul07a and success i know have two separate guns with separate triggers, however now when i click off the screen to re-load it works but i get the dreaded windows sound and when i die i can't continue, start and coin buttons disabled, i am running windows 10 v1709 if that helps anyone with how i can solve this. i turned off the bezel and i can see that if i pull the trigger off the screen it acts like i am right clicking on the task bar. any suggestions? i fixed this in mame by reprogramming the guns to trigger off-screen and on screen  to gun button one instead of right and left mouse click mouse click but this wont work with HOTD2. any help would be greatly appreciated.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
so i upgraded to the latest version of Demul and re-named the folder demul07a and success i know have two separate guns with separate triggers,
Great  ;) ! For information, you don't need to rename the folder "demul07a", what's important is the version of demul and the corresponding command in demulshooter

however now when i click off the screen to re-load it works but i get the dreaded windows sound and when i die i can't continue, start and coin buttons disabled, i am running windows 10 v1709 if that helps anyone with how i can solve this. i turned off the bezel and i can see that if i pull the trigger off the screen it acts like i am right clicking on the task bar. any suggestions? i fixed this in mame by reprogramming the guns to trigger off-screen and on screen  to gun button one instead of right and left mouse click mouse click but this wont work with HOTD2. any help would be greatly appreciated.
You have to use the right button to reload, not gun button.
Do you play demul in fullscreen ? If so, you should not lose the demul's window focus and it should work
You can try to add the -noresize option in demulshooter's command

ghotik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2018, 02:47:15 am
Hi. I'm trying to explain my problem in few words (not easy!).
I'm gho (a.k.a. ghotik or ghotik2002) the author of the open-source DxWnd tool hosted on SourceForge
Recently my tool was used to remap several high-red 3D shooter to a low-res monitor. For instance, Gaiaattack4 at 1280x768 was "shrinked" to 640x480 pixels to run in a low-performance computer.
In this situation, DxWnd scales down the D3D rendering and scales up the mouse coordinate values so that, for instance, a y=480 coordinate would become y=768 and the mouse would cover the whole screen area.
So far so good, controlling the mouse/lightgun directly by the game emulator. The troubles come when using DemulShooter that, apparently, sends dual inputs in such a way that DxWnd can't manage to scale the values properly.
Trying to support my "customers", I'm trying to figure out a way to intercept the coordinate values injected by DemulShooter and scale them properly: some technical information and advice may allow me to do the trick.
As an alternative solution, it would be possible to make the trick directly inside DemulShooter: making your tool to "scale" the mouse coordinates so that they would fit to the shrinked D3D image altred by DxWnd.
If you want to know the whole story, you can peek here: https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/general/thread/9295cffb/#e56f (I hope a link to another board is allowed here....)

speedracer50

• Offline Offline

[/quote]
Great  ;) ! For information, you don't need to rename the folder "demul07a", what's important is the version of demul and the corresponding command in demulshooter

the latest build gives you a folder DEmul v0.7 111117 and if you try to run Demul Shooter with that argument it says it is not recognized....i wouldn't put it past me to be putting in something wrong though  ;D

[/quote]
You have to use the right button to reload, not gun button.
Do you play demul in fullscreen ? If so, you should not lose the demul's window focus and it should work
You can try to add the -noresize option in demulshooter's command
[/quote]

right now i have trigger set up for left mouse on screen and right mouse off screen. i know it works fine with full screen i was just trying to leave it 4:3 with a bezel instead of stretching it out to 16:9 but oh well i am just glad it works thanks for all your help.

p.s. it now works when launched from RL as well.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
right now i have trigger set up for left mouse on screen and right mouse off screen. i know it works fine with full screen i was just trying to leave it 4:3 with a bezel instead of stretching it out to 16:9 but oh well i am just glad it works thanks for all your help.

p.s. it now works when launched from RL as well.
Hmmm on my computer Demul doesn't stretch games in fullscreen, I have black borders on each side and the game is in 4:3 format
There is an aspect ration option for this in demul menu I think
Anyway, glad to hear you settled this  :cheers:

Hi. I'm trying to explain my problem in few words (not easy!).
I'm gho (a.k.a. ghotik or ghotik2002) the author of the open-source DxWnd tool hosted on SourceForge
Recently my tool was used to remap several high-red 3D shooter to a low-res monitor. For instance, Gaiaattack4 at 1280x768 was "shrinked" to 640x480 pixels to run in a low-performance computer.
In this situation, DxWnd scales down the D3D rendering and scales up the mouse coordinate values so that, for instance, a y=480 coordinate would become y=768 and the mouse would cover the whole screen area.
So far so good, controlling the mouse/lightgun directly by the game emulator. The troubles come when using DemulShooter that, apparently, sends dual inputs in such a way that DxWnd can't manage to scale the values properly.
Trying to support my "customers", I'm trying to figure out a way to intercept the coordinate values injected by DemulShooter and scale them properly: some technical information and advice may allow me to do the trick.
As an alternative solution, it would be possible to make the trick directly inside DemulShooter: making your tool to "scale" the mouse coordinates so that they would fit to the shrinked D3D image altred by DxWnd.
If you want to know the whole story, you can peek here: https://sourceforge.net/p/dxwnd/discussion/general/thread/9295cffb/#e56f (I hope a link to another board is allowed here....)
Hello ! Nice to have you here...your software is a genius thing !
I totally get the issue, I posted some explanation on your Sourceforge thread  ;)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 02:28:33 am by argonlefou »

ghotik

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2018, 02:47:15 am
First of all, thank you very much for giving such a clear explaination. It corresponds pretty much to what I feared it could be going on.
Given that DxWnd seems to grow in popularity to manage weird situations, I hope you could consider a possible (and I believe cheap) extension to your tool where the desktop resolution is not (by default) determined by direct measure, but rather configured as additional (and optional) parameters.
That would manage this situation perfectly: on a 640x480 desktop, DxWnd would run the emulator at 1280x768 and resizing its video output, while DemulShooter would get the device input and mapping it to the configured 1280x768 coordinate range before injecting it to the emulator.
In addition (I don't know if you ever considered this possibility) this feature would be useful when you would extend your tool for networked interface, where the input could be read from a host whose resolution doesn't correspond to the desktop size of the target networked host where the emulator is running. But it's only a weird idea.

P.s. I found no trace of source code and I got the impression that DemulShooter is NOT open source. If I was mistaken, my apologies and if sources are available I could consider to make the patch by myself.