Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976567 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 07:47:32 pm
I noticed when playing Sammy Atmosiwave games the aim is off , looked into the test menu to see if i could calibrate the guns but see no options there .

Does Demulshooter fix the offset ?
No, I didn't change anything in the Atomiswave position handling. Lightguns should act like a 1P mouse
Some of these game have a calibration procedure in the TEST menu, but it's not a good one and will cause offset (there is a mention of that issue in the User Guide)

Well ya got me thinking phasermaniac...I think Argons software here takes care of the ids going into the game.

I THINK what might be happening is those IDs still in the m2.ini might be interfering with whatever IDs demulshooter uses to get the guns up and running. 

So I tested it...just entered a couple random numbers for RawDevP1 and RawDevP2.  (6 and 9 I think?  Again, just random numbers).

Lo and behold...no more flickering crosshairs...dead on accuracy every single trigger pull!!

Thanks for the tip on those settings though.  I think the key is to make sure whatever random numbers you use are not actually present on your machine by a joystick or mouse or anything of the like.

Whatever the real deal is, this fixed my last and final issue!
To be honest I don't know what these ID (in the model2 ini file) are _really_ doing.
I just blocked some of the emulator device handling procedure and assumed (and it seems like I was wrong) that it would work with any ID numbers because it always worked at home, whatever ID I have in this model 2 ini file

So it's a great news if this parameter is the faulty one
I'll add a note about it in the user guide ! Thanks :)

jonbenderr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2023, 07:29:08 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
No problem!  Glad I could help out a bit and not just ask dumb questions around here!  :)

I HOPE this helps others who might be having issues.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
I finally had aliens extermination working. I had a problem with the flasher asI use crt guns.
But I ged 00D spawn error or something similar, I think when I press 2p start but not sure. Any Advise?

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
Looks like we should be seeing Lindbergh emulation in Techno Parrot soon! HOTD4, Let's Go Jungle, Rambo among others!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Amazing! I wish they run for me
I'm having problems with some games like operation ghost and elevator action to work because of my graphics config:
I use an ati hd 6950 with crt emudriver and crt, If anyone uses a similar config letme know please

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
Teknoparrot just released support for Lindbergh.  Only After Burner and Outrun 2SP are supported but I imagine support for the remaining games will follow soon.  Can't wait for HOTD4, Rambo, Let's Go Jungle, 2Spicey, etc.  Almost there.  No win7 support yet for the first two supported lindbergh games but i'm sure someone will figure that out soon.  Hope so cause I hate Win10:) ;D

Snoopy456

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2023, 03:40:56 am
Hello, I m using DemulShooter for the game "Let's go island" with Touchmote+wiimote with 2 players, it works fine but I have a problem.
I want to play using only Wiimote, but the "2 player start" not working on teknoparrot so I m using the option "-parrotloader", it works if I presss the key "1" and "2" on keyboard but impossible to configure this key on touchmote.
I have trying with Numpad too, it s like one application use logical key and other physical key.

Someone have a tips to make the game working without keyboard ?

Edit: ok, sorry , it seem it's a problem on the last Touchmote version, impossible to emulate keyboard at all.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 09:43:44 am by Snoopy456 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hello, I m using DemulShooter for the game "Let's go island" with Touchmote+wiimote with 2 players, it works fine but I have a problem.
I want to play using only Wiimote, but the "2 player start" not working on teknoparrot so I m using the option "-parrotloader", it works if I presss the key "1" and "2" on keyboard but impossible to configure this key on touchmote.
I have trying with Numpad too, it s like one application use logical key and other physical key.

Someone have a tips to make the game working without keyboard ?

Edit: ok, sorry , it seem it's a problem on the last Touchmote version, impossible to emulate keyboard at all.

I don't really know Touchmote but you can try Autohotkey, it should be able to capture Gamepad Buttons and make them send Keyboard input
Autohotkey keyboard inputs are working fine with -parrotloader

Snoopy456

• Offline Offline
Yep, but it will be an factory just to play a game ^^.
DemulShooter is rly a good application to make it easier and lighter. Sad we can't configure the key but the problem is from Touchmote, It don't work too on text editor, I m asking help to Touchmote dev ATM.

Better to find why Touchmote don't work on my configuration, it s not normal.

I don't really know Touchmote
In fact (when it work) you can bind directly all wiimote command (axes and buttons) to everything you want mouse/keyboard/joypad just with some drag and drop (and can change profiles on the fly). It rly help too for wimmote management, pairing, ect ... A must have to use wiimote on Demulshooter.

Another time, thx for your app  :), I m blocked for the moment but don't care, I m sure to use it later.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Hi! sorry for being stubborn with this old games as I see nobody really cares about them.
I got the win95 Ad cop and Bon bon paradise working in win 10, only installing them, and running in win95 compat mode and with the iso mounted.
Anyway, I'm getting the same results than with the dos version:
I saw both games supported joysticks and they are analog, so I tried with the guns in joystick mode.
In the game's dossetup.exe, I selected joysticks and calibrated them, inside dosbox i can see the values from 0 to 16384, wich respond to the gun movement, so I think in this point I'm getting absolute coords and theres
Calibrated and went ingame, but there the crosshair move in a relative way. Any idea? Is not strange I get the correct absolute coords in the game's setup, but then ingame the joy moves in a relative way?

Snoopy456

• Offline Offline
Ok, so I have finally make Touchmote working (need to activate manualy the device in Device Manager window)
I have played at "let's go island" with 2 player silmutaneous and WIImote without problem.
I run game with loader "Game Loader All RH" instead of teknoparrot, because this loader is less buged (for resolution for exemple), but like the application hook for game executable, all works perfectly.

@phasermaniac, can I have your results tests, with Demulshooter/without, with a classic joypad/gun, pls ?
In my case Demulshooter is used to convert a "mouse" device (absolute) to a "joypad" device (relative). So make a try with the gun in "mouse" mode.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Iep Snoopy, in mouse mode, guns work nice, but you can only play 1 player, I was trying to find the way to play these old games with two guns.
I think in joystick mode I'm producing ambsolute coordinates too, but the game interpretes the analog joy in relative way

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Ok, so I have finally make Touchmote working (need to activate manualy the device in Device Manager window)
I have played at "let's go island" with 2 player silmutaneous and WIImote without problem.
I run game with loader "Game Loader All RH" instead of teknoparrot, because this loader is less buged (for resolution for exemple), but like the application hook for game executable, all works perfectly.
:cheers:

@phasermaniac, can I have your results tests, with Demulshooter/without, with a classic joypad/gun, pls ?
In my case Demulshooter is used to convert a "mouse" device (absolute) to a "joypad" device (relative). So make a try with the gun in "mouse" mode.
DemulShooter is not  about converting mouse device into joypad device, but rather to read devices data and inject them into the emulator/game's memory after some calculation. So it won't work on games it has not been developped for ;)

Hi! sorry for being stubborn with this old games as I see nobody really cares about them.
I got the win95 Ad cop and Bon bon paradise working in win 10, only installing them, and running in win95 compat mode and with the iso mounted.
Anyway, I'm getting the same results than with the dos version:
I saw both games supported joysticks and they are analog, so I tried with the guns in joystick mode.
In the game's dossetup.exe, I selected joysticks and calibrated them, inside dosbox i can see the values from 0 to 16384, wich respond to the gun movement, so I think in this point I'm getting absolute coords and theres
Calibrated and went ingame, but there the crosshair move in a relative way. Any idea? Is not strange I get the correct absolute coords in the game's setup, but then ingame the joy moves in a relative way?
Beeing stubborn sometimes helps  :D
I still didn't look into DosBox emulation (mostly because I lack time and because I'm not that interrested in), but if you say that there are some windows-compatible release that can be used directly....you can PM me some "details" about these game and I may have a look ;)

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Hi, I found big buck hunter arcade on steam, and I tested it.
It seems not bad and supports two joysticks but the axis are read in relative coords
You can also play with a mouse, but if you use a lightugn the absolute coords are not seen.

Also I did a nocrosshair patch for the old big buck hunter pack for pc, if anyone is interested I'll upload

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi, I found big buck hunter arcade on steam, and I tested it.
It seems not bad and supports two joysticks but the axis are read in relative coords
You can also play with a mouse, but if you use a lightugn the absolute coords are not seen.

Also I did a nocrosshair patch for the old big buck hunter pack for pc, if anyone is interested I'll upload
If you're talking about this one : https://store.steampowered.com/app/455700/Big_Buck_Hunter_Arcade/
I already added 1P support with Aimtrak (which was natively not working, as opposed to regular mouse) a few weeks ago just before my whole neighborhood got cut from the internet.
As far as I remember it needs 2 Xbox gamepad to play 2P mode and it's reallty---smurfy---, but I've stopped all computer-related work untill I'm back in the connected world  :D
So unfortunatelly I can't upload any work-in-progress release or anything like that ATM
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 05:56:22 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Yes , that one. I didn't notice you were with it already.
I think its a unity game. I have found tool to extract assets, Ill search for crosshairs and guns to hide them, any clue in which .assets file may they be placed?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yes , that one. I didn't notice you were with it already.
I think its a unity game. I have found tool to extract assets, Ill search for crosshairs and guns to hide them, any clue in which .assets file may they be placed?
That's normal, I didn't tell anything about it yet as it wasn't really finished  ;)

As for the crosshair, there is a reference to a Texture2D named "gunreticle" in the globalgamemanagers file (not the .assets or .assats.resS, the file without any extention), it seems to be in "sharedassets3.asset"
And two other to "shotgun_dif" and "shotgun_difP2" (they seem to be in "sharedassets1.asset")
I extracted these 3 as an image and it seems to me that they are the one you are looking to replace
I'm not familiar with Unity so I'm not sure where the textures are really stored, but at least you have the name ;)

Edit:
I can confirm that crosshair is removed by replacing the texture "gunreticle" in sharedassets3.asset
« Last Edit: April 27, 2018, 02:39:13 pm by argonlefou »

sushko

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 08:10:03 pm
Hi Reload keeps crashing only if i run it with DemulShooter. I dont have the steam ver. Is that the problem? It runs fine without DemulShooter.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi Reload keeps crashing only if i run it with DemulShooter. I dont have the steam ver. Is that the problem? It runs fine without DemulShooter.
Simply because the exe is different  :( So when I change things in the process memory it does not correspond to what I'm targeting on the steam one, and the program crashes
You can give me a MD5 or CRC hash of your executable, but I won't be able to look for and download any other version of the gme before a while
« Last Edit: April 28, 2018, 02:55:54 am by argonlefou »

keeganx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2018, 10:02:00 am
Does anyone know how to stop Demulshooter opening up big like this in rlauncher?

https://imgur.com/a/cJlNtIj

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Hi I have prepared an vbox win98 machine with Quake2 and Halflife, Actlabs Gs drivers and gun frenzy mods.
As these mods only worked with the old Actlabs Gs guns, I investigated a little about them:
Looking at the old Troubleshooter and reading some old post about these guns, I understand that:

ACTLABS TV USB GUNS worked like system mouse,  the direct input way, where gun2 used mouse3 and mouse4 buttons, and both guns used the same axis. (like wingun).

ACTLABS PC USB GUNS worked like aimtrak or topguns, like rawinput mice.

ACTLABS GS GUNS worked as only one parallel port joystick, and I have read that it must be the first listed in the device manager. (Win 95 and 98 only).

With the GF 2.1 update, wich privided support for ACTLABS USB GUNS I could play Quake2 only with gun1.
Halflife doesn't hane this update, and when youn run it trought the htm launcher and start the game you can see something like "ACTABS GS NOT DECTECTED" on the ingame console.
I have to try one thing: I remember thta smog's guncon2pc drivers had an "actlabs compatibility mode" button, that seemed to have no effect in win Xp, maybe it works in win98?

Without the 2.1 update, it supports ACTLABS GS GUNS. In Quake2 none of the guns work, like in Halflife.
I tried creating a ppjoy virtual joystick listed first in the device manager, hoping the GunFrenzy mods think its the gun,  but no luck.

If anyone have some idea or want to try something, I can provide you the win98 configurated vbox machine.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 06:23:02 pm by phasermaniac »

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am
Hi Argon

I have a problem with the demulshooter, suddenly it has stopped working with the demul, it works perfectly with the model2 but with the demul no.

this is the syntax of the files I use:

bat to launch demulshooter

e:\demulshooter\DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=hotd2 -noresize -v

bat to launch demul

e:\demul\demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=hotd2

demulshooter config

;Player1 Device configuration
P1Device = \\?\HID#VID_0079&PID_1802&MI_01&Col01#7&1504ecae&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P1GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P1GamepadRightClick = 4096
P1GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P1GamepadStick = L
P1GamepadvibrationEnabled = 0
P1GamepadvibrationLength = 50
P1GamepadvibrationStrength = 0

;Player2 Device configuration
P2Device = \\?\HID#VID_0079&PID_1802&MI_01&Col01#7&285f198e&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P2GamepadLeftClick = 8192
P2GamepadRightClick = 4096
P2GamepadMiddleClick = 16384
P2GamepadStick = L
P2GamepadvibrationEnabled = 0
P2GamepadvibrationLength = 50
P2GamepadvibrationStrength = 0

;Model2 emulator keyboard keys to change in-game crosshairs
M2_P1_CH = 8
M2_P2_CH = 9
M2_CH_VIS = 10

;Enable Pedal-Mode for TTX Gundam Zeon, and set Keys
GSOZ_P1_PEDAL_ENABLE = 0
GSOZ_P1_PEDAL_KEY = 34
GSOZ_P2_PEDAL_ENABLE = 0
GSOZ_P2_PEDAL_KEY = 35

;Offset for devices lacking calibration (Act Labs gun, etc...)
Act_Labs_Offset_Enable = 0
Act_Labs_Offset_X_P1 = 0
Act_Labs_Offset_Y_P1 = 0
Act_Labs_Offset_X_P2 = 0
Act_Labs_Offset_Y_P2 = 0

;Virtual MiddleButton keys for users who don't have more than a trigger with Aimtrak
P1_VirtualMiddle_Enable = 0
P1_VirtualMiddle_Key = 48
P2_VirtualMiddle_Enable = 0
P2_VirtualMiddle_Key = 49

;Heavy Fire Afghanistan settings
HF3_Path =
HF3_CoverSensibility = 3

;Heavy Fire Shattered Spear settings
HF4_Path =
HF4_CoverSensibility = 3

a piece and closing of the demulshooter debug file

09:37:56.135576 :
09:37:56.135576 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
09:37:56.136576 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_0079&PID_1802&MI_01&Col01#7&1504ecae&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
09:37:56.136576 : P1 device handle = 65595
09:37:56.136576 : P2 device  = \\?\HID#VID_0079&PID_1802&MI_01&Col01#7&285f198e&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
09:37:56.136576 : P2 device handle = 65597
09:37:56.136576 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=demul07a
09:37:56.136576 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=hotd2
09:37:56.136576 : Cmdline arg 3 : -noresize
09:37:56.137576 : Cmdline arg 4 : -v
09:37:56.144576 : Waiting for naomigame to hook.....
09:38:11.368131 : LowLevelMouseHook installed !
09:38:11.368131 : Attached to Process demul.exe, ProcessHandle = 696
09:38:11.368631 : Demul.exe = 0x00400000, padDemul.dll = 0x00340000
09:38:11.373131 : Adding CodeCave at : 0x1B090000
09:38:11.373131 : Naomi Memory Hack complete !
09:38:11.373631 : -
09:38:32.944871 : RawData event for Device #1:
09:38:32.945371 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0000, FFFF ]
09:38:32.948371 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 240 ]
09:38:32.948871 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 239 ]
09:38:32.949871 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 239 ]
09:38:32.951371 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 00FE ]
09:38:32.951371 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 254 ]
09:38:32.951371 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
;
;
;
09:39:02.183584 : -
09:39:02.294598 : RawData event for Device #2:
09:39:02.294598 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 0000, CA3C ]
09:39:02.294598 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 640, 240 ]
09:39:02.294598 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 189 ]
09:39:02.294598 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 0, 189 ]
09:39:02.295098 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0000, 00C9 ]
09:39:02.295098 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 0, 201 ]
09:39:02.295098 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0008
09:39:02.295098 : -
09:39:04.184317 : demul.exe closed

is it possible that I have to change something in the windows registry?
Should I try to change something in the demul commands?
I really do not understand where the problem might be, I repeat with model2 it works perfectly.

thanks for your help and congratulations for your fantastic software

xbrunox

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2024, 01:48:30 am

Yes!
I've got it! on day 28-4 on the demul Russian development forum a new version was released, with a new paddemul.dll. Probably this dll is not supported by the demulshooter, I restored the old dll and everything works very well!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

Yes!
I've got it! on day 28-4 on the demul Russian development forum a new version was released, with a new paddemul.dll. Probably this dll is not supported by the demulshooter, I restored the old dll and everything works very well!
Even if the paddemul.dll would be the same, the fact that the main EXE is recompiled is enough to screw everything.
That's why I have to rework DemulShooter a little when a new version of Demul is out.

I don't know about this new version though, the latest one available on their main website beeing the 111117 one

Zeratul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 30, 2018, 01:26:40 pm
Hi Argon,

Just wanted to say thanks a lot for DemulShooter, after some tinkering I got it working with Model 2 and RingWide which has a lot of great shooting games.

I'm using a dolphinbar + 2 motion plus wiimotes, and they are working perfectly thanks to you.

I'm just facing 1 issue here, I'm using a 4k screen, and whenever I launch the DS_Diag, it shows 2194*1234, but I found out that checking the scaling compatibility option makes it read the correct 3840*2160.
The actual DemulShooter.exe, will only restrict me in a small portion of the screen, I won't detect any shots of them and the cursor will actually be stuck and won't move further to the right/left/up/down out of the invisible restrictive box, even if I change the scaling comparability, or even change the windows scaling to be at 100, or try to force windows into a lower resolution, I'm still stuck in a portion of the screen and not the whole screen.

And on the side I also saw that in one of your old posts you mentioned that you got it working on pcsx2 but it's not user friendly, and will still have to use the nuvee plugin, would it be possible to bother you on some details for that? PCSX2 has tons of great shooters, including the time crisis 2 and 3 which won't run on MAME.

Again, thanks a lot for the great tool, it works like a charm and fixed tons of the issues I had before I used it.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Transformers Human Alliance should be available and playable soon.  Will make an epic 2 player gun game.  Hoping Argon eventually adds support to his already epic collection of classic dual light gun games :applaud:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I'm just facing 1 issue here, I'm using a 4k screen, and whenever I launch the DS_Diag, it shows 2194*1234, but I found out that checking the scaling compatibility option makes it read the correct 3840*2160.
The actual DemulShooter.exe, will only restrict me in a small portion of the screen, I won't detect any shots of them and the cursor will actually be stuck and won't move further to the right/left/up/down out of the invisible restrictive box, even if I change the scaling comparability, or even change the windows scaling to be at 100, or try to force windows into a lower resolution, I'm still stuck in a portion of the screen and not the whole screen.
I'm not sure to understand...there's no "scalling compatibility" option in Demulshooter  ???

And on the side I also saw that in one of your old posts you mentioned that you got it working on pcsx2 but it's not user friendly, and will still have to use the nuvee plugin, would it be possible to bother you on some details for that? PCSX2 has tons of great shooters, including the time crisis 2 and 3 which won't run on MAME.
You should find everything written here to set up Nuvee plugin and PCSX2: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,151385.msg1582349.html#msg1582349
But this was written for aimtraks.....not sure if this can work with Wiimotes (as they are usually detected as joypad by windows, not mouse)

Transformers Human Alliance should be available and playable soon.  Will make an epic 2 player gun game.  Hoping Argon eventually adds support to his already epic collection of classic dual light gun games :applaud:
"Soon" is maybe a little optimistic...Yes, someone made the dump public. But you won't be able to do anything with it untill Teknoparrot supports it.

Zeratul

• Offline Offline
I'm not sure to understand...there's no "scalling compatibility" option in Demulshooter  ???

Yeah not in Demulshooter, in the Windows Settings, if I right click the .exe I can set comparability here are a few screenshots to clarify what I meant:

1st off, these are the settings for High DPI scaling, which I get to by "right clicking" on the exe and going to properties

And here's what I get if I open the DS_Diag without ticking the "Override Hight DPI":

And what I get if I have it enabled which is the correct pixel count:

And here's the result if I set the scaling options in windows to be 100%, which is again the correct pixel count and shows better than the previous one.

The thing is, although it picks up the correct pixel count if I check the use High DPI scaling, or if I set the windows scaling to 100%, the actually Demulshooter.exe still doesn't pick up the shots outside of a specific zone, I can't get even close to the right or left edge of the screen at all, it only covers roughly half of the screen.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yeah not in Demulshooter, in the Windows Settings, if I right click the .exe I can set comparability here are a few screenshots to clarify what I meant:

1st off, these are the settings for High DPI scaling, which I get to by "right clicking" on the exe and going to properties

And here's what I get if I open the DS_Diag without ticking the "Override Hight DPI":

And what I get if I have it enabled which is the correct pixel count:

And here's the result if I set the scaling options in windows to be 100%, which is again the correct pixel count and shows better than the previous one.

The thing is, although it picks up the correct pixel count if I check the use High DPI scaling, or if I set the windows scaling to 100%, the actually Demulshooter.exe still doesn't pick up the shots outside of a specific zone, I can't get even close to the right or left edge of the screen at all, it only covers roughly half of the screen.
Thanks for the clarification !

Unfortunatelly, something is wrong in one of these things :
* Windows 10 (It should not by itself but I don't use it and never tried with the latest update)
* 4K display + High DPI settings (Unfortunatelly, this one is impossible for me to test as I have no 4K diaplay available  :-[)
* Wiimote driver/software (by the way...what are you using ? Usually Wiimotes are used with Touchmote which emulates X360 gamepad, and it should not work at all with DsDiag.exe)

Zeratul

• Offline Offline
* Windows 10 (It should not by itself but I don't use it and never tried with the latest update)
* 4K display + High DPI settings (Unfortunatelly, this one is impossible for me to test as I have no 4K diaplay available  :-[)
* Wiimote driver/software (by the way...what are you using ? Usually Wiimotes are used with Touchmote which emulates X360 gamepad, and it should not work at all with DsDiag.exe)

Yeah I'm using Touchmote, and you're right they're not picked up by DsDiag, they only get picked up by DsDiag if I put my dolphin bar on mode 3, and have the nunchuk connected for some odd reason....
I was using the DsDiag to try and figure out where the issue is, and I've also tried to use WiinUPro and WinUSoft, but they don't get picked by Demulshooter at all if I do that.

In some games where I can do a good calibration, I can fix this by setting up the boundaries and it works great

I switched to  1080p display in a win 7 setup in my cabinet, and still getting the same issue, so I guess it's narrowed down to the Wiimote driver/software, will keep trying and update you

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Demulshooter works pretty well now using rocketlauncher for demul and Sega Model 2. Has anyone got it working via rocketlauncher for emulators like dolphin, teknoparrot, pc launcher and taito type x games? I imagine you need to do something with the ahk script? If so, could you please share how? Thanks

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
Hey DGrace,

I have my machine all working with RL.  I don't have access to it just now as i'm at work but i will check it out when i get a chance and confirm the method i used.

This is pretty much how i did it though if my memory serves.

C:\~\RocketLauncher\Lib\User Functions\SystemName\    ;Where system name is likely to be teknoparrot

copy the gamename.ahk and change it to the game you are going to launch so maybe LGI

Open the new AHK
C:\~\RocketLauncher\Lib\User Functions\teknoparrot\LGI.ahk

edit the section below and add your Demulshooter command

; This function gets ran right after the primaryExe
   PostLaunch() {
      RLLog.Info(A_ThisFunc . " - Starting")
      ; INSERT CODE HERE
      RLLog.Info(A_ThisFunc . " - Ending")

new code will read something like this

PostLaunch() {
      "run, C:\demulshooter\demulshooter.exe -system=ringwide -rom=lgi"   you may need to add the -parrotloader depending on your setup

Doesn't look quite right on the demul execution but that should at least get you started.  When you quit the game demulshooter should close with it.
I will say again that i'm running off memory and i will be sure to edit this post to confirm my actual setup.

Can't wait for TP to support Transformers, Rambo, LGJ and HOTD4.  It seems the community at large want's racers rather than the shooters though.  We may be waiting a while.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:16:20 am by AnX »

Zeratul

• Offline Offline

I switched to  1080p display in a win 7 setup in my cabinet, and still getting the same issue, so I guess it's narrowed down to the Wiimote driver/software, will keep trying and update you

Well...I can't figure it out....I tried everything I can think of, and still Demulshooter will only pick like 50% in the center of the horizontal size of the screen (vertically it goes all the way), There's around 15-25% of the screen on each side, where the cursor doesn't want to move to, If I open the Demulshooter app to test and keep firing to make sure it's working, it will work through the 50% but will never pass through to the rest, and within games if I go into this 15-25% on each side, it will be registered as an off-screen shot, and the visible cursor will just be stuck to that invisible edge not wanting to pass through :D

Here's what I tried to do to fix it:

1 - Tried switching from Windows 10 to 7, tried fresh installation of both and didn't fix it, neither on 64x or 86x
2 - Switched to 1080p display, and still can't seem to aim to the sides
3 - Tried using different methods with Touchmote by connecting directly with bluetooth using the "Toshiba Stacks" method to connect with Touchmote instead of Dolphinbar, and got the exact same issue
4 - Tried various methods with WiinUSoft and WiinUPro, but Demulshooter will not register any input
        a- Tried using WiinUSoft and WiinUPro, both of them convert the input to Xinput, and are detected in Windows as Xbox 360 Controller, and can use them with any app
        b- When running WiinUSoft and WiinUPro with Demulshooter, I can detect the Wiimotes as "Xinput device 1" and so on, but Demulshooter doesn't pick any input from them, neither with the button clicks "doesn't show a cursor" nor with the movement or inside any game
        c- Tried all the steps above with WiinU while connected to Dolphinbar mode 4, and While connected to PC bluetooth without Dolphinbar
        d- Tried all steps with and without nunchucks (read somewhere that it makes a difference, doesn't look like it)
5 - Tried Dolphinbar Mode 3 with makes the Wiimotes connect as Dinput gamepads, but they don't show up in Demulshooter or Touchmote if I use them this way

Touchmote by itself will work smoothly with the whole screen, and when using this with any games that would work without Demulshooter like Mame and Dolphin, it works well.

I sort of found a workaround in some games, where if I can calibrate the guns in the game, I can sort of move in the whole screen and the cursor isn't stuck and it works well then, but there's a slight offset in the Aim (which I think I might be able to fix with Demulshooter offset options)

But there are a some games however where I can't run the calibration for which makes it kinda hard to fix, but it's not the end of the world anyway because usually in most games the sides of the screens usually don't contain any enemies...except in a few games

I think I'm gonna let this go for now as I can't think of anything else to try, and will try to invest into some Aimtraks down the road to fix this and to see if I can get it working with the PCSX2 Nuvee as well, cause I can't figure out how to do that yet....

But again, thank you very much for your time and effort....one of the best tools I gotten to use and having tons of fun with my new light gun games library...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 12:25:49 am by Zeratul »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Hey DGrace,

I have my machine all working with RL.  I don't have access to it just now as i'm at work but i will check it out when i get a chance and confirm the method i used.

This is pretty much how i did it though if my memory serves.

C:\~\RocketLauncher\Lib\User Functions\SystemName\    ;Where system name is likely to be teknoparrot

copy the gamename.ahk and change it to the game you are going to launch so maybe LGI

Open the new AHK
C:\~\RocketLauncher\Lib\User Functions\teknoparrot\LGI.ahk

edit the section below and add your Demulshooter command

PostLaunch() {
      ; INSERT CODE HERE

new code will read something like this

PostLaunch() {
      "run, C:\demulshooter\demulshooter.exe -system=ringwide -rom=lgi"   you may need to add the -parrotloader depending on your setup

Doesn't look quite right on the demul execution but that should at least get you started.  When you quit the game demulshooter should close with it.
I will say again that i'm running off memory and i will be sure to edit this post to confirm my actual setup.

Can't wait for TP to support Transformers, Rambo, LGJ and HOTD4.  It seems the community at large want's racers rather than the shooters though.  We may be waiting a while.

Thanks! I'll test this out tonight and let you know.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Support for Let's Go Island 3D added to Teknoparrot Patreon.  I know it's not much different from the original but to my understanding at least won't require RH GameLoader and will have the ability to change the rez in the ini.  Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi3d
is an hidden command which is already working ;)

I have no patron to test with newer TP releases but it was working 6 month ago
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 04:48:54 pm by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline

Oh nice ... I'll test later tonight and let you know if it works.  Thanks Argon!

dgrace

• Offline Offline

Worked really well.  I checked mouse box and left the emulation settings as direct input.  I then mapped the left Aimtrak button as Player 1 start and the other as the 3d/2d button.  I wish there was a way to remove the mouse cursor and calibrate the cursors (Reaver still needs to fix the test menu so you can save calibration).  Do you just use nomousy to remove mouse cursor in game? if so, is that something you can share here? If not, no worries. Thanks Argon! This version is 10xs better.  Better graphics better sound and we don't have to use Gameloader anymore which was never AV friendly for me:)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Do you just use nomousy to remove mouse cursor in game?
Yes, and for all other games too
You'll find it on this thread (3rd message) : http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=143370.0
I'm using nomousy.exe -h to hide the cursor and nomousy.exe -s to show it

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am

Worked really well.  I checked mouse box and left the emulation settings as direct input.  I then mapped the left Aimtrak button as Player 1 start and the other as the 3d/2d button.  I wish there was a way to remove the mouse cursor and calibrate the cursors (Reaver still needs to fix the test menu so you can save calibration).  Do you just use nomousy to remove mouse cursor in game? if so, is that something you can share here? If not, no worries. Thanks Argon! This version is 10xs better.  Better graphics better sound and we don't have to use Gameloader anymore which was never AV friendly for me:)

dgrace, I have a question.
If I have a 3D display, can I see real 3D in LGI 3D version? Does graphic appear side by side way?