Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 985458 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 06:16:27 am
Random question, and I apologize if someone already asked this, but is there any way to remove the flickering cross-hair that show up in the bottom right corner for player 2 in Sega Model 2 emulator? Every time I use demulshooter for Sega Model 2, player 2 will have the regular in game cross-hair and an extra random one that flickers in the bottom right corner.  Is it possible to remove that?  Thanks Argon!
It depends what you're calling the "regular" crosshair.
With model 2 you can have 2 types of crosshair :
1) The emulator native crosshair, you can disable it by modifying the EMULATOR.INI file ("DrawCross=1" -> "DrawCross=0")
2) "Custom" Crosshairs with lua scripts created by Howard with TroubleShooter (only if you installed it via TroubleShooter or DemulShooter Model2 tab). To disable it it's [7] [8] or [9] keyboard key (I don't remember exactly, there are 2 keys to change each player crosshair and 1 key to ON/Off)

sizzlasul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2017, 09:14:47 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Hi All,

Greetings from the Uk! I was hoping someone could help me. I have 2 aimtrak guns but for the life of me I cannot get 2 guns working with teknoparrot v1.04. The 2 games I have been trying are Golden Gun and lets go island. Playing with one gun works, but 2nd player start cannot be pressed in either game..even if I bind player 2 start to the keyboard. (I have the use the mouse setting for gun games checked in DumbJVSMAnager)

Can anyone save me from further pain and advise how i can possibly play these 2 games in 2 player mode with 2 aimtraks? Are there any hotkeys (like 9 for credits in Golden gun) that can let me play with 2 aim traks? Do I have to configure one as a joystick?

I am running demulshooter but it doesnt seem to do anything in regards registering the key for 2 player start..

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Many Thanks
Hi, and Welcome here !
There's no need to configure any Aimtrak as Joystick or to do anything fancy like that.
Did you read carrefully the README file comming with DemulShooter ? All hardcoded keys are explicity written for Teknoparrot if you use the -parrotloader option

Many Thanks for getting back to me! I can confirm I have read the readme file and following all instructions. I am loading the games via DumbJVSManager after I do the command line run for "DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=<<the rom name>> -parrotloader"
I am using TeknoParrot 1.04. but the keyboard does not recognise player 2 start in any way for Lets go Island Or Golden Gun. Can you kindly let me know which version it was working for and I can retry for that? Otherwise I would be grateful if there are any other options you could suggest..

Thanks,

argonlefou

• Online Online
Many Thanks for getting back to me! I can confirm I have read the readme file and following all instructions. I am loading the games via DumbJVSManager after I do the command line run for "DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=<<the rom name>> -parrotloader"
I am using TeknoParrot 1.04. but the keyboard does not recognise player 2 start in any way for Lets go Island Or Golden Gun. Can you kindly let me know which version it was working for and I can retry for that? Otherwise I would be grateful if there are any other options you could suggest..

Thanks,
I don't remember, it was 1.01 or 1.03 last time I checked
If you want to be sure that the base is working good, add a -v at the end of the demulshooter command line, run teknoparrot, move your guns a little and join here the content of your debug.txt file (created inside demulshooter's folder)

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
another 2p lightgun  msx game was dumped recently: air hockey :)

spacorn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2022, 10:46:45 am
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #924 on: November 04, 2017, 05:54:37 pm »
Is there a way to customize the target exe's name?
For example, I'm using this for Demul, but my usual demul executable is names demul_lightgun.exe instead of demul.exe.
I know it's a very specific situation that most people won't face (probably should fix my current setup instead), but... I'm asking just in case  ;D

Touchmote can automatically change mappings depending on the current active executable (the executable name being the hook), but I use DolphinBar + Touchmote, but I also use my Wiimote for other things on my PC other than lightgun games, including using it as a regular controller, so when my launchers open a lightgun game, it does it through this demul_lightgun.exe...

argonlefou

• Online Online
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #925 on: November 05, 2017, 03:24:12 pm »
Is there a way to customize the target exe's name?
For example, I'm using this for Demul, but my usual demul executable is names demul_lightgun.exe instead of demul.exe.
I know it's a very specific situation that most people won't face (probably should fix my current setup instead), but... I'm asking just in case  ;D

Touchmote can automatically change mappings depending on the current active executable (the executable name being the hook), but I use DolphinBar + Touchmote, but I also use my Wiimote for other things on my PC other than lightgun games, including using it as a regular controller, so when my launchers open a lightgun game, it does it through this demul_lightgun.exe...
Target exe's name are one of the few hardcoded settings and you can't change them with current builds.
Your case is indeed.....very specific  :D
Adding this option is doable, but I'd rather keep the software with "general" option rather than "per-user" option, to keep it as simple as possible. Isn't there any way for you tu fix your setup and use standard exe name ?

spacorn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #926 on: November 05, 2017, 11:19:19 pm »
Sure! I'll just need to adjust a few scripts on my launchers. As I said, I was asking just in case it was already possible (it's a silly workaround for another program's limitation ffs :P)

Thanks for the reply and, again, for the awesome work you've done on this tool!

spacorn

• Offline Offline
« Reply #927 on: November 08, 2017, 06:32:18 pm »
Nevermind the silly stuff I was asking before, I have a real question now.

If I want to use this for demul07a, should I expect it to work on ALL revisions of demul07a? Or is it made for one specific revision?
Also, is there anything I need to configure on Demul?

I haven't been able to make DemulShooter work on Xinput mode yet. The debug test file says it's hooked, and doesn't seem to be detecting any errors, but the analog stick isn't maping the position, and the shoot buttons only responds sometimes... although the testing tool you shared back when you were implementing Xinput does show all my button presses correctly.

I don't know, it could be something else on my setup causing trouble, but I want to start by ruling out obvious reasons.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 01:43:59 am
« Reply #928 on: November 09, 2017, 03:29:48 pm »
I apologize if someone has already asked this question, but is there a way to add custom crosshairs (or any crosshairs) for demul games (i.e. MOK, HOTD2, Ninja Assault, etc.)?  Thanks

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #929 on: November 09, 2017, 04:47:57 pm »
If I want to use this for demul07a, should I expect it to work on ALL revisions of demul07a? Or is it made for one specific revision?
Also, is there anything I need to configure on Demul?
You have to use the DEmul v0.7A 180816 build for demul07a target.
The latest one (121017) isn't supported yet and I don't know yet if it will be one day as it does not add much for light gun games
And you don't have to configure anything, just make sure it's working on it's on with a mouse and make sure that games are running fine ;)

I haven't been able to make DemulShooter work on Xinput mode yet. The debug test file says it's hooked, and doesn't seem to be detecting any errors, but the analog stick isn't maping the position, and the shoot buttons only responds sometimes... although the testing tool you shared back when you were implementing Xinput does show all my button presses correctly.

I don't know, it could be something else on my setup causing trouble, but I want to start by ruling out obvious reasons.
If the testing tool is working, DemulShooter should work too.
The first thing I can think of to test is to run the GUI, go to the Calibration tab, check the option to display a mark on shoot and try to shoot on screen with your wiimotes.
You should see a crosshair on screen where you aim

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
« Reply #930 on: November 11, 2017, 09:33:16 am »
argonlefou, question on Target Terror.

I setup the VM and ran through the setup at the beginning. After doing the restart it boots up but the game never starts. It just shows the boot screen on part of the screen and the cursor. Which I can move with the aimtrak gun.

Attached is what I am seeing and my VM config

Any thoughts?

Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #931 on: November 11, 2017, 09:56:25 am »

I setup the VM and ran through the setup at the beginning. After doing the restart it boots up but the game never starts. It just shows the boot screen on part of the screen and the cursor. Which I can move with the aimtrak gun.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

The exact same thing happened to me. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #932 on: November 11, 2017, 04:07:35 pm »

Any thoughts?

Thanks
It's not really the place as it's not DemulShooter related.
But quick hint by what I can see from your screenshots (both of you): it won't work with VirtualBox. VMware is needed
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 04:09:52 pm by argonlefou »

GreatLamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 03:15:17 pm
« Reply #933 on: November 12, 2017, 09:46:02 am »
New Demul came out just now.

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #934 on: November 13, 2017, 04:19:06 pm »
I saw that yesterday yes.
I don't think I'll update DemulShooter right now, romset has changed since the last version I worked on and I see no real reason to use the last one for lightguns game right now (but if someone has a good reason do not hesitate !)
AND demul is the biggest one to update with naomi, JVS etc.. beeing different  :D

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 08:37:46 am
« Reply #935 on: November 13, 2017, 08:37:07 pm »
I managed to get target Terror working in VMWare, thanks for the image Argon.  Quick question, Is there are way to calibrate the guns in game?  I noticed they're a little off/sensitive.
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #936 on: November 14, 2017, 11:31:50 am »
I managed to get target Terror working in VMWare, thanks for the image Argon.  Quick question, Is there are way to calibrate the guns in game?  I noticed they're a little off/sensitive.
You have a fully working calibration procedure in the TEST menu

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 08:37:46 am
« Reply #937 on: November 14, 2017, 09:41:38 pm »
You have a fully working calibration procedure in the TEST menu
Sorry, I understand you have to hit X to get into the test menu but I'm not sure what to do next to calibrate.
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #938 on: November 15, 2017, 03:09:33 am »
Sorry, I understand you have to hit X to get into the test menu but I'm not sure what to do next to calibrate.
I sent you a message
This is not related to DemuShooter, please try to keep this post clean

There are other places to talk about other projects   ;)

Grocarlito

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 17, 2020, 06:37:31 pm
« Reply #939 on: November 16, 2017, 07:51:36 pm »
Hi argon!

Thx for your amazing work!

I am facing a problem since I recently upgraded from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10.

I used the online upgrade provided by Microsoft.

Since the upgrade the crosshairs stay at the bottom of the screen in House of the dead (m2emul)

In House of the dead 3 (pc) the crosshairs just don't move anymore...

Do you know if demulshooter is meant to work in Windows 10?

Thank you!

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #940 on: November 17, 2017, 06:46:30 am »
Hi argon!

I am facing a problem since I recently upgraded from Windows 7 64 bit to Windows 10.

Since the upgrade the crosshairs stay at the bottom of the screen in House of the dead (m2emul)

Thank you!

Well, it should work as long as Microsoft let us use Native Win32 API to access process and memory

I had some good Win10 users feedbacks, as well as some bad ones. But I won't give you a clean answer myself as I don't plan to use a more recent Windows than Win7

I'd like to have a little more time available now to finish a small troubleshooting app so that users can find where the error comme from in the chain :
Aimtrak Driver > DemulShooter > Game/Emulator
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:48:31 am by argonlefou »

JRPGod

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 05, 2018, 07:49:09 am
« Reply #941 on: November 17, 2017, 08:28:03 am »
Hi all!

First things first, to Grocarlito, yes DemulShooter works in Windows 10. I personally have it working with HOTD on m2emul, along with vcop and vcop2 as well as working in all listed games in the ReadMe for Demul (Naomi/Atomis/Hikaru). I haven't personally tested with HOTD3 PC version yet but I will get back to you shortly on that.

This leads to my question however.

After a lot of digging around through this forum I was FINALLY able to get my first RingEdge/Wide game working (Golden Gun) by reverting to an older version of DemulShooter (I had the issue where 6.9a was crashing me on launch of GoldenGun, but working fine now with 6.9), but I'm currently unable to make any leeway with Let's Go Island. I noticed that this game is already a little special in that I can only get it work using Game Loader All RH, whereas the rest I just run via commandline and ParrotLoader.exe. I've noticed that DemulShooter doesn't seem to attempt to hook into any game when loaded with Game Loader All, something I learned playing around with Golden Gun and has become true again now. Is there a fix to this? Or was there anything in particular required for Let's Go Island? I did see that somebody had it working with Game Loader All RH 280, which I was able to get a copy of, but it will only with TeknoParrot 1_03, of which I can't seem to find a copy of. :(

All in all thank you so much for the help and excellent little software so far, and I'm sorry to trouble you with such a specific issue, it's just doing my head in. After getting my 2x TopGuns yesterday I've spent 2 days straight now just tinkering with settings. ^^ FINALLY getting Golden Gun working 2player though was very very satisfying though.

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #942 on: November 17, 2017, 09:06:35 am »
but I'm currently unable to make any leeway with Let's Go Island. I noticed that this game is already a little special in that I can only get it work using Game Loader All RH, whereas the rest I just run via commandline and ParrotLoader.exe.
Let's Go Island has a particularity, it needs a specific screen resolution.
So you can run without Game Loader All RH, but you have to create the custom resolution first if your device/driver allows you to do so (I did it with my 750Ti) OR try to run it with DxWnd with some tweaks
The resolution used by the game is - if I remember well - is something like 1024x600

I've noticed that DemulShooter doesn't seem to attempt to hook into any game when loaded with Game Loader All, something I learned playing around with Golden Gun and has become true again now. Is there a fix to this? Or was there anything in particular required for Let's Go Island? I did see that somebody had it working with Game Loader All RH 280, which I was able to get a copy of, but it will only with TeknoParrot 1_03, of which I can't seem to find a copy of. :(
The last version of the loader I used was the v279 for Operation GHOST, and all is working fine with it (Silent Hill, Gundam, Op GHOST, etc....). But yeah I've heard v280 and + could block DemulShooter, and I don't know why as this loader is blocking/hiding almost everything not beeing the game window on the screen  :D

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:08:25 am by argonlefou »

JRPGod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #943 on: November 17, 2017, 09:55:20 am »
Excellent, you were right on the money there. I was able to use Custom Resolution Utility to define 1024x600 and now Let's Go Island works as well, but unfortunately it's not the most suitable solution for me as my television won't output that resolution ;( Works on my monitor, but the guns are rigged up for the tele. At either rate at least it's something. I'm gonna keep trying to find a copy of teknoparrot 1_03 (for some reason email activation never comes through from their site) because I think that might work as well, Game Loader All RH 279 with teknoparrot 1_03 - In fact this would be a better solution just so I don't have to use 1024x600 at all :p In the meantime, this'll do for now though.

Dream Raiders and Operation Ghost both worked without hassle so that's a plus.

Edit: Damn, so I was finally able to get TeknoParrot 1_03, and tried it with Game Loader All RH 279 with no luck, still just didn't even attempt to hook. Guess I'll have to play around with DxWnd

Edit 2: So DxWnd was actually a pretty good and easy solution as well, just as easy Custom Resolution Utility without all the dramas of it tinkering with your drivers, but unfortunately it creates the same issue on the TV, when  I go from the little window to fullscreen, the TV won't accept that resolution - I guess I'll just have to look at using a different screen at some stage. Let's Go Island is definitely in the working category now though.

Edit 3: SUCCESS! So I was finally able to get a workaround going by setting DxWnd to remove all window borders and auto-stretch the screen. You'd think it looks disgusting but it really doesn't! :D Couldn't be more happy. Sorry about all the edits but just wanted to keep this updated for any other poor soul that comes across this issue.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 11:38:53 am by JRPGod »

Grocarlito

• Offline Offline
« Reply #944 on: November 18, 2017, 08:28:22 pm »
Hi argon!

Thank you!

Well, it should work as long as Microsoft let us use Native Win32 API to access process and memory

I had some good Win10 users feedbacks, as well as some bad ones. But I won't give you a clean answer myself as I don't plan to use a more recent Windows than Win7

I'd like to have a little more time available now to finish a small troubleshooting app so that users can find where the error comme from in the chain :
Aimtrak Driver > DemulShooter > Game/Emulator

Ok thanks for the information ! I can't wait for this app to come out...

I have tried many ways to make demulshooter work without success (reinstalling dot net 2, changing guns from usb port to another, reinstalling aimtrak utility).
Is there a way to have some logs on demulshooter to find the cause ?

Ah I started to blame windows because even if demulshooter is not launch M2Emulator in rawinput mode does not work: the crosshairs move strangely... What I don't understand is that in supermodel 3 it works like a charm fr 2 players with raw input...

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #945 on: November 19, 2017, 03:50:04 am »
Is there a way to have some logs on demulshooter to find the cause ?
For now you can create logs by adding a -v option in the command line
It will create a debug.txt file in DemulShooter's folder

Another way to seek for errors, you can run the GUI and go to the Calibration tab, and check the option to display a mark  on shoot
If you can see marks on screen where you"re aiming at, you can confirm that the device you choose in the list (you have to save if you change device) is the good one and is working fine with demulshooter

stranno

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2023, 05:49:15 pm
« Reply #946 on: November 19, 2017, 04:42:16 pm »
argonlefou. Did you managed to include the cursor in the Star Trek arcade VM?

Great work with Target Terror. Do you recommend any particular version of VMWare Workstation or the last one is fine?
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 04:46:25 pm by stranno »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #947 on: November 28, 2017, 10:52:00 pm »
Haunted Museum \ Panic Museum is out. 2 player start is 2. I have not tested with two aimtraks yet.

———————————————

Haunted Museum for Taito Type X

———————————————

Controls:

-Aiming: Mouse

-Fire: Left Click

-Credit: S

-Start: 1

-Test: S

-Service: Esc

Notes:

-Runs without jconfig

-Run once to generate english save file

-Overwrite data in "Sv" folder with save from "Additional Saves"

to change language

Config:

In museum.ini

-Set FULLSCREEN to 1 for fullscreen

-To change size of window increase both SCREEN_WIDTH SCRREN_HEIGHT

and RENDER_WIDTH RENDER_HEIGHT to the same new resolution or it will

look dumb

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #948 on: November 29, 2017, 12:11:35 am »
Haunted Museum \ Panic Museum is out. 2 player start is 2. I have not tested with two aimtraks yet.

———————————————

Haunted Museum for Taito Type X

———————————————

Controls:

-Aiming: Mouse

-Fire: Left Click

-Credit: S

-Start: 1

-Test: S

-Service: Esc

Notes:

-Runs without jconfig

-Run once to generate english save file

-Overwrite data in "Sv" folder with save from "Additional Saves"

to change language

Config:

In museum.ini

-Set FULLSCREEN to 1 for fullscreen

-To change size of window increase both SCREEN_WIDTH SCRREN_HEIGHT

and RENDER_WIDTH RENDER_HEIGHT to the same new resolution or it will

look dumb

Tested it with 2 aimtraks.  No go.  It appears left click is player 1 trigger and right mouse click is player 2 trigger (just like it was with FrightFearLand).  Player 1 works great though.  Super fun game.  I'm sure Argon will get 2 player dual mode working when he has time:)

JRPGod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #949 on: November 29, 2017, 04:38:53 am »
Hi Argon

Thank you so much for the help last time. I hate to nag you again, but I'm about really at my wit's end now. I spent days settings these up and getting them all to work with pretty much 100% compatibility in demulshooter, and now a couple days later for seemingly no reason, it's all just stopped working. Nothing seems to have changed, as in literally nothing. Just now when I open DemulShooter and set P1 and P2, and load games, nothing seems to happen. There's two corsshairs on the screen, and when I move one of the guns, one of the crosshairs goes to the bottom right of the screen, and then that's it. I assumed it might've been a driver issue or w/e with the guns, but it's not working when I try to set my real mouse or a gamepad either. Would you have any idea whatsoever? I've tried editing the config every which way and doing a reinstall of demulshooter, but it seems to all do nothing. There was a windows update, but it's impossible for me to roll back. Is there registry or appdata prefs I could try wiping as well do to a 'cleaner' reinstall? I'm about ready to reinstall windows and try from scratch but that's. jfc. I truly hope it doesn't come to that.

thanks for your time.

So I just tested it with some XInput controllers, and it works as intended as far as I can tell. Hooks into the program, and I can move the crosshair around the screen with my fightstick.... But it still doesn't work with my guns or actual mouse. The devices get registered in demulshooter, but the mouse seems to do nothing (can't even shoot), and when I move the guns the crosshair goes to bottom right of the screen and stays there. This behaviour doesn't occur with my mouse, it just doesn't respond at all. I'm guess this means it's probably a device manager/registry issue, and not a demulshooter issue? Only thing with that is they're still working perfectly in supermodel and mame - I think the issue must be related to demulshooter not reading the correct hareware IDs or something correctly? I really don't know. Is there a way I could manually input this information into config.ini and try that? I had a brief look around device manager and hardware IDs but it was hard to extrapolate, for example the config.ini uses syntax like so

HID#VID_0B9A&PID_016A&Col01#6&1f2cb574&3&0000#

with hashes, but the hashes seem to be slashes when I look in hardware IDs, is this correct? I also noticed something else. In Device Manager for my guns they read as having a REV_#001 etc. on them which doesn't show up in the config.ini, could this be related? If you need screenshots or more specific info, please let me know. I appreciate any help I can get from anyone ^^

I feel like there's meant to be a bigger difference between these device names maybe?

;Player1 Device configuration
P1Device = \\?\HID#VID_0B9A&PID_016A&Col01#6&1f2cb574&3&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}

;Player2 Device configuration
P2Device = \\?\HID#VID_0B9A&PID_016A&Col01#7&1fd37798&2&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}

At this point, it all just seems completely busted and random (not DemulShooter, I've seen that working 100% perfectly), Windows 10 I'm guessing, it ties back to pretty much what you said about user feedback on Windows 10. Now after finally removing all trace of my TopGun drivers (I think? who knows), I can't get the fight stick to work at all, and my mouse will work for the first 1 second of emulation then stop, BUT ON THE PLUS SIDE, my XInput steering wheel can now move on of the cursors perfectly across the screen left and right!! :D

I'm so sad :(

Last edit: As far as I can tell, it's just bugging out with the mouse for some reason. Can get XInput devices to work. But can't get mouses to work in any way. All devices work separately as player 1 not using raw input, and both guns work in supermodel and mame ;( I'm just..... so lost as to what could have caused this, I had them working ~72 hours ago

Here's my -v output, I spent some time in game trying to move the crosshairs and stuff around, same behaviour, they just get stuck in the bottom right of the screen (I think maybe they can "sometimes" move across the bottom of the screen, but even this isnt consistent)...
13:23:14.389060 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
13:23:14.717090 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_0B9A&PID_016A&Col01#6&1f2cb574&4&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
13:23:15.248912 : P1 device handle = 65597
13:23:15.670006 : P2 device  = \\?\HID#VID_0B9A&PID_016A&Col01#7&1fd37798&3&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
13:23:15.747776 : P2 device handle = 65595
13:23:15.811314 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=model2m
13:23:15.872464 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=vcop2
13:23:15.936419 : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
13:23:16.033564 : Waiting for Model2 vcop2 game to hook.....
13:23:16.592499 : Attached to Process emulator_multicpu.exe, ProcessHandle = 1312
13:23:16.752438 : emulator_multicpu.exe = 0x00400000
13:23:16.753942 : Calculated address 1 = 0x0793E020
13:23:17.756126 : Controls memory base address = 05079218
13:23:17.757282 : Memory Hack complete !
13:23:17.758435 : -
13:23:49.090877 : emulator_multicpu.exe closed

Welp I pulled an all-nighter and have been at this for like 20 hours straight or something now  :banghead: :banghead:  I can't figure it out for the life of me. I've done everything I possibly can to restore the mice to default and reinstall them from scratch when I had them working, and nothing. Nothing nothing nothing. I'm installing windows 7 at the moment and am just going to see if I'm going to have too much drama migrating my registry, appdata and signed dlls from win 10 back to win 7, and will just use that if it works.

Is there any possibility, because I understand time is a beyond precious resource and you've already devoted so much to this - That you could release the source code to demulshooter (or if it already is you could point me in the direction) and I could try fiddling around with that? I'm not a programmer at all but I am a fast learner and I'm fairly confident there's nothing more I can do in device manager or registry at this point to change my situation.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2017, 02:30:00 am by JRPGod »

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #950 on: November 30, 2017, 10:31:54 am »
DemulShooter v6.9c
Small quick and dirty update adding :
- support for Haunted Museum (-target=ttx -rom=hmuseum)
- also support for the 2n dump of Fright Fear Land (called Haunted Museum 2) (-target=globalvr -rom=hmuseum2
  This 2nd dump may be a cleaner one but was not compatible with previous hack, so now both are supported.
  To know which one is yours, you can use the FFL_Patcher_V2 and open the game.exe file without patching

Another update should come within the next few days, with a small diagnostic tool and some small changes
Maybe a clearer/more modern documentation but it's really really time consumming  :D :D

[......]
Well, one sure thing : there is no registry value used or any installed files for DemulShooter. It just needs it's own folder.
What could be wrong with Windows ? Well...I'd say....windows own update LOL
I know most of you are updating your computers frequently, but the software was created for an oflline computer with a simple Win7 OS (enough to play all playable lighgun games so far)

So far, the 2 possibilities would be :
1) Error getting the Aimtrak/Gamepad values
2) Error hooking the game and modifying it's memory

Hopefully the small diagnostic tool I'd like to do should be able to find wheter it's case 1) or not
As for case 2) .....there is no user-friendly way to find it as far as I know

If you just want to look at the code, just use a simple .Net disassembler  (jetbrain dotpeek is free and perfect for that) : you'll see everything almost as clear as I can (minus comments  :D)
If you really, really want to recompile it, I can post zipped sources but I won't have time to provide any help regarding the build process/environment (dependencies, visual studio, etc....)

argonlefou. Did you managed to include the cursor in the Star Trek arcade VM?

Great work with Target Terror. Do you recommend any particular version of VMWare Workstation or the last one is fine?
Hmm, yes I made a Vmware version of Star Trek with the config menu I used for TargetTerror. Forgot that, I'll try to find it and put it somewhere....

JRPGod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #951 on: November 30, 2017, 01:49:02 pm »
Thanks for the reply again Argon! You're a really nice fella.

As far as I can tell, the problem was related (read: the same issue) Grocarlito was having, and I'm about 99% sure it's as you said, it's an error getting the gun values. My solution has been to just follow your advice before you even gave it and restore the system back to Win7, and leave it there at this working state for good now. The issue I'm almost certain had something to do with Windows 10 failing to merge the Hardware IDs after you leave test mode with the awful TopGun drivers, and it then attaching a REV_0000 tag to the hardware ID in device manager once you go back into test mode and reinstall the awful drivers - Demulshooter struggles to tell the difference between the revised device, which just attaches I think as a child of the original device which demulshooter still reads. No matter what I did, I could not get windows 10 to drop that REV_0000 tag from the device, and I dug down real deep in device manager and regedit to try. This could all be bs though for all I know though. :p Grocarlito, just so I know if possibly I'm on the right track, are your devices TopGuns or Aimtraks?

Grocarlito

• Offline Offline
« Reply #952 on: November 30, 2017, 05:49:38 pm »
Hey I am so happy to see that I am not alone ^^.

The problem you are describing is exactly what I am experiencing since I have upgraded to Windows 10.

My guns are aimtraks.

As you mentionned some problems of ids in your device manager I just gave a research on my computer and indeed, it seems that the migration of the mices did not happen well.

I have in the events of each aimtrack's mouse driver the following warning:
The hardware HID\VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02\8&24d009cd&0&0000 was not migrated because of a partial correspondance or ambiguous

Can this be the problem ?

I am to try and reinstall the mices

Grocarlito

• Offline Offline
« Reply #953 on: November 30, 2017, 06:05:47 pm »
Turns out that reinstalling the device did not change anything in fact the mouse was correctly installed.

The event corresponds to the its first installation which apparently failed. I think it is a normal behaviour when you switch from usb port...

My mouse seems to be installed and identified as \\VID_D209&PID_1602&MI_02\8&625394f&0&0000

As expected ... I do not understand what seems to be wrong.

Also I did not understand JROGOD what you meant with the  REV_0000 tag

bryhud

• Offline Offline
« Reply #954 on: November 30, 2017, 06:31:36 pm »
DemulShooter v6.9c
Small quick and dirty update adding :
- support for Haunted Museum (-target=ttx -rom=hmuseum)
- also support for the 2n dump of Fright Fear Land (called Haunted Museum 2) (-target=globalvr -rom=hmuseum2
  This 2nd dump may be a cleaner one but was not compatible with previous hack, so now both are supported.
  To know which one is yours, you can use the FFL_Patcher_V2 and open the game.exe file without patching

This worked great for Haunted Museum! Thanks as always!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #955 on: November 30, 2017, 11:45:16 pm »
Haunted Museum worked great.  Thanks Argon!

JRPGod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #956 on: December 01, 2017, 06:26:49 am »
That is very surprising that you have AimTraks, I thought for sure it was the dodgy unsigned TopGun drivers. So it must just be a windows 10 behaviour when hid migration fails.

On a more positive note: Game Loader All RH 292 (latest version) seems to have fixed it's issue with DemulShooter. ^^
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 07:01:21 am by JRPGod »

BigCam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2019, 03:40:07 pm
« Reply #957 on: December 01, 2017, 04:49:00 pm »
hey does anybody know if demul shooter will work with this game. its controlled by mouse and the mouse works fine but when i try my aimtrak which is setup like a mouse the movement of the cursor is all over the place. the game is called gal gun double peace.

argonlefou

• Online Online
« Reply #958 on: December 01, 2017, 06:01:20 pm »
hey does anybody know if demul shooter will work with this game. its controlled by mouse and the mouse works fine but when i try my aimtrak which is setup like a mouse the movement of the cursor is all over the place. the game is called gal gun double peace.
No it is not, and probably never will be:
1) Because it's a single player game
2) Because of technical reasons (game is 64bits only app, DemulShooter 32bits only)
3) Becausethe game is lame as hell and I fell asleep before I could even fire the first shoot  :lol

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #959 on: December 01, 2017, 08:25:37 pm »
No it is not, and probably never will be:
1) Because it's a single player game
2) Because of technical reasons (game is 64bits only app, DemulShooter 32bits only)
3) Becausethe game is lame as hell and I fell asleep before I could even fire the first shoot  :lol

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Thanks for the update Argon.  Much appreciated as always  :cheers: