Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 985810 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Online Online
  • Last login:Today at 09:31:50 am
Any hope for that "virtual button" Argon pretty please?  :angel:
Yes I said it wil be part of some next update but I can't give any date. As you can still fully play as P2 it's not really a "game-breaker"

stasimon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 03, 2024, 05:42:31 pm
I can't load Let's Go Islands, anyone have problem with that game? Doesn't matter with/wo demulshooter, game don't start and have some error message about memory.

I have i5, Gtx 970, 24GB and Win 7 x64

You can adjust the file fwDataDB_Application.txt found in folder X:\Lets go Island\data\Fraw\fwDataDB\

change the 1024x600 entries to whatever you screen resolution is and it should boot.  With this method I had problems with cross hair tracking.

I change it but still not work. My error looks like that: "teaGFX DirectX Release: Lgi_Ringw_F_Safe.exe" and "The Instruction at 0x005e26fb referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read"

Doesn't matter I start TeknoParrot or file Lgi_Ringw_F_Safe.exe.

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
I change it but still not work. My error looks like that: "teaGFX DirectX Release: Lgi_Ringw_F_Safe.exe" and "The Instruction at 0x005e26fb referenced memory at 0x00000000. The memory could not be read"

Doesn't matter I start TeknoParrot or file Lgi_Ringw_F_Safe.exe.

The only thing left to try is the game loader i mentioned in my previous post. 
Google is your friend

I've attached my copy off TTX.ini you'll need to place it here C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Game Loader All RH to avoid pop ups.

Extract the loader into your lets go island game directory (in the directory where the executable is)
run the game loader installer
run the game loader config - enter your teknoparrot directory and resolution settings.  Don't change the lets go island tab resolution though.
then run the game loader All

hopefully you'll have some luck.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 11:45:02 pm by AnX »

argonlefou

• Online Online
get it here XXX
Please remove the link, it's against this forum rules (it points to a link that points to illegal files)

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
get it here XXX
Please remove the link, it's against this forum rules (it points to a link that points to illegal files)

Please excuse my ignorance.

Link has been removed

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
og is crashing for me on a windows 10 with ati 640x480 15hz while on another win10 ati 1920x1080 lcd it wokrs.
I get excepton unknown a bunch of codes like eax=0019e6b0 ... raiseexeption ... rtlreallocateheap ... rtlfreeheap
Any advise on this? Thanks!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
mednafen supports saturn lightun emulation, it seems not dualplayer yet but I think the only 2p games are scud and chaos control.
I would recommend Policenauts to everyoe. The author of ps nuvee pluggin added it gun support, as it was the only version translated to english, but lately saturn version has been translated too, and youcan access to shooting segments that you played in history game from the menu. Pretty recomendable, among other things one of the best ahooting ranges I played

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
og is crashing for me on a windows 10 with ati 640x480 15hz while on another win10 ati 1920x1080 lcd it wokrs.
I get excepton unknown a bunch of codes like eax=0019e6b0 ... raiseexeption ... rtlreallocateheap ... rtlfreeheap
Any advise on this? Thanks!

Hey Phaser,

I tested out OG at 640x480 (Nvidia card) and didn't have an issue using the loader apart from the known full screen issue. Worked fine in boarder-less window.

I can't really test 15Hz though as i don't have an arcade monitor. 

I can only really suggest the loader.  I you're already using it I can't really add anything more i'm afraid.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Thanks AnX, but no luck, always same error

mickael28

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 01, 2020, 07:56:15 am
Hi guys,

I just discovered this software and I'm trying to see if I could use it with what I've got right now.

Basically, I'm trying to play some arcade light gun dumped PC games with my Wiimote. I think I'll need to launch them in different ways depending on the game (directly via exe, Teknoparrot, game loader RH, console emulators, arcade emulators, MAME, ...). I read the README of the latest version but there's something I'm not following.

Does anyone know which other software I'll need to be able to use the Wiimote with demulshooter once they're connected to the PC? I've seen different tools available, but not sure which one could be better for this purpose: GlovePie, PPJoy, VJoy, TouchMote, WiinUPro, ...

And then, if I launch Demulshooter.exe, I can see Mouse left, middle, right and X-Y axis, but the Wiimote doesn't have any of these buttons, any idea how I could map a wiimote, which basically has A and B buttons and the movement captured by the sensor bar?

If you could pls point me in any of the doubts to see how I could progress?

argonlefou

• Online Online
Hi guys,

I just discovered this software and I'm trying to see if I could use it with what I've got right now.

Basically, I'm trying to play some arcade light gun dumped PC games with my Wiimote. I think I'll need to launch them in different ways depending on the game (directly via exe, Teknoparrot, game loader RH, console emulators, arcade emulators, MAME, ...). I read the README of the latest version but there's something I'm not following.

Does anyone know which other software I'll need to be able to use the Wiimote with demulshooter once they're connected to the PC? I've seen different tools available, but not sure which one could be better for this purpose: GlovePie, PPJoy, VJoy, TouchMote, WiinUPro, ...

And then, if I launch Demulshooter.exe, I can see Mouse left, middle, right and X-Y axis, but the Wiimote doesn't have any of these buttons, any idea how I could map a wiimote, which basically has A and B buttons and the movement captured by the sensor bar?

If you could pls point me in any of the doubts to see how I could progress?

To use the Wiimote you should install Touchmote (http://touchmote.net/), this will wrap your Wiimote into an Xinput gamepad.
You will have to configure it a little to map your movements to one of the gamepad stick, and choose to map your Wiimote buttons to the Xbox virtual gamepad buttons
So once you've done that, you'll move and play with your wiimote and you should have some Analogic stick and some A,b,X,Y (etc....) buttons mapped on the gamepad

Run Demulshooter and select "Xinput device #" as your device, then to set the mouse buttons, you'll have to choose from the virtual gamepad buttons (so choose according to how you mapped your wwimote button to these virtual buttons...)

I don''t own any Wiimote but some users here are using them, and that's the reason why I added the Xinput support. Hopefully they will be able to help you more if you need

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 08:37:46 am
I've recently ran into a problem with sega's golden gun currently I'm using the demulshooter update 6.9a, teknoparrot 1.03 and game loader all RH 280.  The game loads fine however the coin and start keys will not work(even with -parrotloader flag in my script), in fact no keys will work. I have tried checking and un-checking both use keyboard and mouse options in teknoparrot. Not sure what the issue is with that particular configuration. To get around it I went back to tekno parrot 0.8 and game loader all RH 270 I believe, with that configuration the coin button works fine but I can only do select player start (1) player 2 start (2) does not work. Any ideas on how to fix this?
The reason I use game loader all RH to load the game is because whenever I try to use an autohotkey script to launch Tekno parrot emulator games I can never get it to auto start the game and have to do it manually. It's a hassle, perhaps my script is wrong? I've tried editing it a few times but nothing seems to work.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:43:06 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Online Online
I've recently ran into a problem with sega's golden gun currently I'm using the demulshooter update 6.9a, teknoparrot 1.03 and game loader all RH 280.  The game loads fine however the coin and start keys will not work(even with -parrotloader flag in my script), in fact no keys will work. I have tried checking and un-checking both use keyboard and mouse options in teknoparrot. Not sure what the issue is with that particular configuration. To get around it I went back to tekno parrot 0.8 and game loader all RH 270 I believe, with that configuration the coin button works fine but I can only do select player start (1) player 2 start (2) does not work. Any ideas on how to fix this?
The reason I use game loader all RH to load the game is because whenever I try to use an autohotkey script to launch Tekno parrot emulator games I can never get it to auto start the game and have to do it manually. It's a hassle, perhaps my script is wrong? I've tried editing it a few times but nothing seems to work.
Are all buttons working fine when you run the game manually with teknoparrot (and DemulShooter) without Game Loader ?

I'll give you my AHK scripts in a few days, I've no access to them right now

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 08:37:46 am
Are all buttons working fine when you run the game manually with teknoparrot (and DemulShooter) without Game Loader ?

I'll give you my AHK scripts in a few days, I've no access to them right now

No all button are not working fine even when I run the game manually.  9 gives me coins, 1 is one player start.  that is all I can get to work, no matter how I load the game.
The really strange thing is, if I enable joysticks through teknoparrot, and remap them, coins and start work. Though it's a bit messed up. I have a dual joystick, if I map each joystick player 1 and player 2 (they are listed separately) start to button 9(start) and coins to button 8(select). What ends up happening is player 2 start works on my joystick, and player 1 start is 1 on my keyboard. Coins is button 8 on the player 2 side of my joystick. Yes it's really confusing lol. Perhaps it's an error in my machine configuration?
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 02:27:02 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I had a similar problem, and I think Demulshooter didnt hook Golden Gun when launching it with loader all RH. Why dont you use parrotloader?
I use it this way:
Code: [Select]
start dumbjvscmd.exe 9
start D:\arcade\utils\DemulShooter_v6.8b\demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=sgg -parrotloader
start ParrotLoader.exe "D:\arcade\roms\ringwide\goldengun2\Exe\RingGunR_RingWide.exe"

argonlefou

• Online Online
Thanks phasermaniac for the scripts  ;)

I'll have a look but I think the last time I checked when developping 6.9a version, I used Game Loader with Golden Gun
Anyway, if you have any doubt, you can add the "-v" option and check the debug file to see if the hook was correct

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
For me. 6.9a keeps crashing sgg, maybe is about my 640x480 15hz xonfig
Also, newest demulshooters don't run for me in aliens xp vm, wanted to test butI don't think a newr version to solve my problem there, so nothing important

argonlefou

• Online Online
yeah.... I saw what you wrote last time about your SGG crashing, but I must admit I don't know why or where it can come from and how to find it  :-[

It should not be screen-dependant as I'm only touching control parts of the code. Really weird, I could not make this happen on any PC here :(

mickael28

• Offline Offline
To use the Wiimote you should install Touchmote (http://touchmote.net/), this will wrap your Wiimote into an Xinput gamepad.
You will have to configure it a little to map your movements to one of the gamepad stick, and choose to map your Wiimote buttons to the Xbox virtual gamepad buttons
So once you've done that, you'll move and play with your wiimote and you should have some Analogic stick and some A,b,X,Y (etc....) buttons mapped on the gamepad

Run Demulshooter and select "Xinput device #" as your device, then to set the mouse buttons, you'll have to choose from the virtual gamepad buttons (so choose according to how you mapped your wwimote button to these virtual buttons...)

I don''t own any Wiimote but some users here are using them, and that's the reason why I added the Xinput support. Hopefully they will be able to help you more if you need

Thanks, really useful, that helped a lot. I think I've followed the instructions but then when I launch a game, it doesn't seem to recognise neither movement nor buttons from the Wiimote. I checked the settings in 'controller setup' and the virtual Xbox 360 was responding to my buttons and movement via the Wiimote though. Any idea if I need to do something else so that the game recognise it?

For launching it, with Teknoparrot 1.3, I tried:
 * ParrotLoader.exe + DumbJVSCommand.exe => when the game launches, I listen an alarm sound and it seems DemulShooter.exe crashes. Then I see the black screen with "Initializing 19/22", when I press Enter, it crashes as well:
start dumbjvscmd.exe 16
start DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=og -parrotloader
start ParrotLoader.exe "P:\[ROMS]\10.Operation Ghost\og\gs2.exe"

* I tried with the instructions in the README file as well, to launch the gs2.exe file directly after modifying the gs2.ini file, same issue as above (Demulshooter crashes with an alarm sound and the game exits in Inizialazing)

* Game Loader All RH v 0.2.8.0
start DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=og
In this case, the game loads fine, game controller is still recognizing the buttons in the virtual xbox 360 gamepad, demulshooter is still running fine, but no buttons or movement detected inside the game itself.

Any idea what could be happening?

« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:00:21 pm by mickael28 »

argonlefou

• Online Online
You can try these :

First step, to be sure that your Wiimotes are working well with DemulShooter :
- Run DemulShooter in GUI mode
- Go to the Calibration tab and check the option to show a mark on screen
- Move your Wiimote and press the button you choose as left-click, you should see a mark on the screen where the pointer should be
If you see those marks you're OK, if not, you may have selected the wrong device or there is anotheer issuse

Second step, to be sure that OG runs fine on it's own ( Don't use Teknoparrot for Operation Ghost, the game does not need it at all):
- edit gs2.ini to set these options
FullScreen=0
EnableJvs=0
EnableAMLib=0
EnableLedBoard=0
EnableInputDevices=1
- run gs2.exe, the game should run fine in a windowed mode
- you should be able to use your keyboard and your mouse to play it (credits = CTRL+F1, Start = ENTER)

If you managed to go this far, you can run  DemulShooter like that :
start DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=og -parrotloader -v
it will create a debug.txt file in DemulShooter's folder, so after some moving/shooting you can join the file here. it may contain usefull data

As a sidenote, be aware that GameLoader is overwriting it's own gs2.ini file each startup

mickael28

• Offline Offline
If you managed to go this far, you can run  DemulShooter like that :
start DemulShooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=og -parrotloader -v
it will create a debug.txt file in DemulShooter's folder, so after some moving/shooting you can join the file here. it may contain usefull data

Thanks for the instructions.

First step seemed ok, I can see a red crosshair moving on the screen when shooting.
Second seemed fine as well, I could launch gs2.exe in windowed mode and use the mouse to move and shoot

Demulshooter v6.9a is launched fine, but when I start gs2.exe, I get this failure straight away:

Attaching the 'debug.txt' file from demulshooter, but this happens quick, before one is able to use the wiimote...

Note: not sure if relevant, I've got 3 monitors connected to my PC. Although I'm just using one for playing these games (which is mentioned in the Touchmote tool as well), or the windowed mode like in this case

argonlefou

• Online Online
ouch....
I'm guessing you already checked you ran everything as admin or that you have admin rights etc, etc....

Does the same crash occur if you run gs2.exe (alone) and AFTER initialisation (i.e when the main screen shows up, after volume select etc....) , run demulshooter ?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
It seems the same error i'm having in my 15hz config. In my case  I think I got it without demulshooter running...

mickael28

• Offline Offline
ouch....
I'm guessing you already checked you ran everything as admin or that you have admin rights etc, etc....

Does the same crash occur if you run gs2.exe (alone) and AFTER initialisation (i.e when the main screen shows up, after volume select etc....) , run demulshooter ?

This is so weird. I tried 4 games today:

* Sega Golden Gun - crashes for me, with DumbJVSManager.exe or Game Loader All RH.exe, and without Demulshooter
* Sega Lets go Island - Demulshooter works.
* Sega Dream Raiders - Demulshooter works.
* Operation ghost (directly gs2.exe, or Game Loader All RH with the tick box for Teknoparrot selected) - still failing. If I launch the windowed mode before Demulshooter and then I launch demulshooter, as soon as I go to the game window (by clicking on it with the mouse, or via tabulation), I get the 'exception_access_violation' error and the game crashes.
* Operation ghost (with the tick box for Teknoparrot unchecked) - in this case the Teknoparrot window appears for you to manually select the game and click start. If I do this, I don't get the error, the game launches full screen and one can play fine with the mouse, however, Demulshooter doesn't seem to recognize the wiimote (neither buttons nor movement) but when I exit the game, Demulshooter is still running in the computer.

At least I've seen Demulshooter working in a couple of games, not sure about the other failures. For Operation Ghost, it seems some kind of incompatibility of something, but I cannot get much info as 'windows event viewer doesn't seem to capture anything when it crashes...
- Attaching the 'debug_launching_game_first.txt' (directly gs2.exe) in this case as well, if you have a look and have an idea of something to try.
- Attaching the 'debug - launched via Game Loader RH.txt' where game loads fine in full screen but wiimote is not recognised.

PS: I created another thread for the issue with the inability of accessing/using the Test menu in Teknoparrot, in case anyone knows what could be going on there: http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,155530.0.html
« Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:29:23 pm by mickael28 »

argonlefou

• Online Online
The issue is that....everything is fine on the logs. Process is found, wiimote detected and moving...really weird.
What's your OS ?

As a sidenote, -parrotloader is not needed with Operation Ghost (it does not creeate any bug, it's just not used....)

I may have an idea to make you play :
- Go to DemulshooterFolder/MemoryData/ringwide and make a backup of og.cfg
- open DemulshooterFolder/MemoryData/ringwide/og.cfg and remove all text inside (and save)
- Run DemulShooter as a GUI and set your Wiimote to player 2 (verify with calibration tab, blue mark on fire)
- Run DemulShooter with OG (P2 start is Numpad[ +] key), it should work as Player2

For detailed informations, by removing the lines you disable all memory modification from demulshooter
P2 controls are just me sending virtual keyboard stroke to the game.....

If you still want to know why it's crashing (even though I can't say we will find it), you can modify the og.cfg so that each time you use only 1 hack.
So let only these lines each time we may find which one is crashing the game :
1)
AXIS_X_NOP_OFFSET2)
AXIS_Y_NOP_OFFSET3)
BUTTONS_INJECTION_OFFSET
BUTTONS_INJECTION_RETURN_OFFSET
4)
AXIS_INJECTION_OFFSET
AXIS_INJECTION_RETURN_OFFSET
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:42:43 am by argonlefou »

mickael28

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the help with this @argonlefou!

The trick to make it work via Player 2 was successful :), I managed to move and shoot with the Wiimote. I was now trying to see if it's possible to calibrate the gun in that game, the Test key doesn't work for me in that particular game, but that's a separate issue with Teknoparrot... at lest it can be played even if it's moving the cursor rather than pointing for now.

I've got a Windows 10 Pro x64 (mini-PC with integrated HD 530 graphics)
As for the option that's causing the problem when using the Wiimote as Player one, it is:
BUTTONS_INJECTION_OFFSET = 0x0009EF26Keeping that option in the config causes the crash with Access_Violation error.

If I keep the other options only:
AXIS_X_NOP_OFFSET = 0x0009E0A4|3
AXIS_Y_NOP_OFFSET = 0x0009E082|3
BUTTONS_INJECTION_RETURN_OFFSET = 0x0009EF2C
AXIS_INJECTION_OFFSET = 0x0009DF7E
AXIS_INJECTION_RETURN_OFFSET = 0x0009DF84
Then the game loads fine, the cursor is recognised fine, but I cannot shoot as it seems the buttons were not enabled...

PS: Out of curiosity, what is the option -parrotloader doing when it's used by demulshooter?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 08:12:05 pm by mickael28 »

argonlefou

• Online Online
Ok thanks for the feedback ! :)
@Phasermaniac : I think you can try this too

The trick to make it work via Player 2 was successful :), I managed to move and shoot with the Wiimote. I was now trying to see if it's possible to calibrate the gun in that game, the Test key doesn't work for me in that particular game, but that's a separate issue with Teknoparrot... at lest it can be played even if it's moving the cursor rather than pointing for now.
Is your Windows cursor way off your line of sight too ? Because - normally - if the Windows cursor is good, the aim in the game should be good too :/
I don't know how Touchmote handles this, but ultimatelly you can try to add an offset in DemulShooter, it may help

If I keep the other options only:
AXIS_X_NOP_OFFSET = 0x0009E0A4|3
AXIS_Y_NOP_OFFSET = 0x0009E082|3
BUTTONS_INJECTION_RETURN_OFFSET = 0x0009EF2C
AXIS_INJECTION_OFFSET = 0x0009DF7E
AXIS_INJECTION_RETURN_OFFSET = 0x0009DF84
Then the game loads fine, the cursor is recognised fine, but I cannot shoot as it seems the buttons were not enabled...
Ok, it is as expected wihtout the button hack
But the crash....strange.....at least I know where but still don't know why :(
Is the cursor off too when you do this, or only as a Player2 ?

PS: Out of curiosity, what is the option -parrotloader doing when it's used by demulshooter?
Well, you can run a game by running Teknoparrot, select the game and run it by the GUI.
Not using -parrotloader is for this usage, and the buttons (start, service, coin, etc.....) are the one you set in TeknoParrot config (keyboard, gamepad, etc....)

You can also run a game by running DumpJvsCommand.exe and ParrotLoader.exe, without any GUI.
Unfortunatelly by doing so, the keyboard (and sometimes gamepad, I don't know the status now it changes so much....) was not handle and you couldn't use your desired keys to add coin, etc...
So by using -ParrotLoader, I completely override keyboard controls by adding hard-coded keys (coin, start, service, test) so that keyboard can still be used. But if you use -ParrotLoader with DumbJvsManager, it will override your keyboard settings

That why you don't need it with Operation Ghost if you run it as a standalone
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 05:04:10 am by argonlefou »

mickael28

• Offline Offline
Is your Windows cursor way off your line of sight too ? Because - normally - if the Windows cursor is good, the aim in the game should be good too :/
I don't know how Touchmote handles this, but ultimatelly you can try to add an offset in DemulShooter, it may help

Is the cursor off too when you do this, or only as a Player2 ?
Not sure if we are talking about the same, ie, as I guess the Windows cursor is always correct and it's just moved wherever you move the mouse?
I thought the issue I was having was with the calibration only, which I think it's maybe something to do with Teknoparrot as I've not been able to enter the Test mode and calibrate the gun yet. As such, I was expecting kind of to behave the way it currently does, which is moving like a cursor on the screen rather than aiming like a gun (but I think that was ok as one cannot expect to be able to aim like a gun from different angles, positions, distances, etc... without calibrating the gun)

I can't remember if it was just for one of the two players, I think it was for both... but I didn't check player 1 properly. Even with the current setting is playable though, like some of the Wii games (Wii Play) where you move the cursor for shooting...

You can also run a game by running DumpJvsCommand.exe and ParrotLoader.exe, without any GUI.
Unfortunatelly by doing so, the keyboard (and sometimes gamepad, I don't know the status now it changes so much....) was not handle and you couldn't use your desired keys to add coin, etc...
So by using -ParrotLoader, I completely override keyboard controls by adding hard-coded keys (coin, start, service, test) so that keyboard can still be used. But if you use -ParrotLoader with DumbJvsManager, it will override your keyboard settings

That why you don't need it with Operation Ghost if you run it as a standalone
Sorry if I missed it in the README. Which were the hard-coded keys if we use -Parrotloader in some games?

And, is there any advantadge in any particular case of using DumpJvsCommand + ParrotLoader rather than just launching the UI?

argonlefou

• Online Online
Not sure if we are talking about the same, ie, as I guess the Windows cursor is always correct and it's just moved wherever you move the mouse?
I thought the issue I was having was with the calibration only, which I think it's maybe something to do with Teknoparrot as I've not been able to enter the Test mode and calibrate the gun yet. As such, I was expecting kind of to behave the way it currently does, which is moving like a cursor on the screen rather than aiming like a gun (but I think that was ok as one cannot expect to be able to aim like a gun from different angles, positions, distances, etc... without calibrating the gun)
Indeed, there are 2 kind of calibration:
 - The "device" calibration (for you Wiimote with touchmote) so that when you aim at the screen, the Windows cursor is in line with your aim from the top to the bottom and from the left to the right of the screen. For this one you'll never be able to "shoot" from any angle and any position as the Wiimote (as well as Aimtrak) system is highly dependant on your position and your height at the calibration

- The "in-game" calibration. You can have issues on some games/emulators where, when playing with your mouse and seeing the cursor, you'll shoot and the game register an impact elsewhere. That's the calibration you can do in Test Mode.
As for this one, according to the type of data I can interract with for each game (pre-corrected or post-corrected calibration data), this step may be skipped

That's the case for Operation Ghost, without any "genuine" TEST menu calibration, if you try on windowed  mode (to see the cursor) the shoot should register at the exact position the Windows cursor is with DemulShooter
So if your Wiimote is in line with the windows cursor, it should be all good  :)

Sorry if I missed it in the README. Which were the hard-coded keys if we use -Parrotloader in some games?
[1]   ->   P1 Start
[2] ->    P2 Start
[8]   ->    Service
[9]   ->    Test

And, is there any advantadge in any particular case of using DumpJvsCommand + ParrotLoader rather than just launching the UI?
Nope, but it good enough if you want to run games "directly" from a frontend or something like that  :)

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
Thanks to this wonderful bit of software, I can finally play Silent Hill the Arcade using a VM. However there are a couple of weird things that I've been unable to work out. As using a VM is a bit of a hack, I don't know where the problem lies; it's also very difficult to troubleshoot.

First of all, the gunfire can be extraordinarily erratic. Something like 1 in 10 shots will be nowhere near where I'm aiming, which is not game-breaking, but slightly annoying.

Second, when any creatures attach themselves to the screen, leeches or cockroaches, they become unable to be shot. It's as though they aren't even there as you seem to shoot straight through them. Unfortunately, that is game breaking as you have no choice but to wait for them to kill you and then use a continue.

I'll continue to experiment, but if anyone has Silent Hill working outside a VM, I'd appreciate it if you could play the game through and see if these issues occur for you.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 01:43:59 am
Just a friendly heads up, Mazan, Flash of the Blade works well on the new Demul emulator.  It's only 1 player but it's pretty fun to play with the aimtrak.  Probably would be better if you got it working with the wiimote and some wiimote attachment to make it look more like a sword:)

mickael28

• Offline Offline
- The "device" calibration (for you Wiimote with touchmote) so that when you aim at the screen, the Windows cursor is in line with your aim from the top to the bottom and from the left to the right of the screen. For this one you'll never be able to "shoot" from any angle and any position as the Wiimote (as well as Aimtrak) system is highly dependant on your position and your height at the calibration
I didn't see any kind of calibration in Touchmote, just a setting where one specify if the sensor bar is on top, bottom or center. But for surfing the menus and playing some games, I didn't feel the calibration was really required, mainly for light gun games is when it's really needed.

- The "in-game" calibration. You can have issues on some games/emulators where, when playing with your mouse and seeing the cursor, you'll shoot and the game register an impact elsewhere. That's the calibration you can do in Test Mode.
As for this one, according to the type of data I can interract with for each game (pre-corrected or post-corrected calibration data), this step may be skipped
I had seen that issue in some games, not many, where one was shooting in a different place of the pointer, although I thought that this was a bug in the emulation rather and a problem with the 'in-game' calibration.
In fact, in the physical Wii console, when one goes into the 'in-game' calibration what they're doing is what you describe in the 1st point (device calibration), which is what I thought all the TEST menu calibration were doing, as most likely is that the shooting happens where the cursor is pointing, but the calibration will help with the position of the player...

Thanks for the other info about keys and usage of command line...

Just a friendly heads up, Mazan, Flash of the Blade works well on the new Demul emulator.  It's only 1 player but it's pretty fun to play with the aimtrak.  Probably would be better if you got it working with the wiimote and some wiimote attachment to make it look more like a sword:)
Thanks for the info, I didn't know about this game, interesting.

GreatLamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 03:15:17 pm
Dear Argonlefou, a new Demul released a few days ago. Would you update the DemulShooter to support it?

argonlefou

• Online Online
Dear Argonlefou, a new Demul released a few days ago. Would you update the DemulShooter to support it?
Thanks, I did not pay attention.
I'll try to do it in the next few days.

Has anyone tested this new release with demulshooter ? Some previous 0.7a builds were compatible without changing anything

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I tried demul 0.7 121017 with demulahooter 6.8a I think, not the last and didn't work, I don't remember if crashed or what.
Is thos version supposed to be faster? Because for me, previous version is a little slow in all games, I have an i5 with a pretty cheap ati 5450 I think its the problem, but I'm chained to ati vga because of the 15hz screen

argonlefou

• Online Online
I tried demul 0.7 121017 with demulahooter 6.8a I think, not the last and didn't work, I don't remember if crashed or what.
Is thos version supposed to be faster? Because for me, previous version is a little slow in all games, I have an i5 with a pretty cheap ati 5450 I think its the problem, but I'm chained to ati vga because of the 15hz screen
I just quickly tried with hotd2 and another rom, it's just not working. So I'll change that to support this version of demul.
I don't know about the speed, release notes are not that explicit and as far as I can tell there is no big change for shooting games so I must admit I'm not in a hurry to rewrite all the Demul part for this version. But it will be done eventually ;)

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
Speaking of demul... fired up brave fighter today and it seems when playing with two players, both hoses move for player 1. Still using demul 0.7a and the latest demul shooter. This used to work just fine, went back a couple versions and its still doing it. Anyone else have this issue?

Thanks

sizzlasul

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 27, 2017, 09:14:47 pm
Hi All,

Greetings from the Uk! I was hoping someone could help me. I have 2 aimtrak guns but for the life of me I cannot get 2 guns working with teknoparrot v1.04. The 2 games I have been trying are Golden Gun and lets go island. Playing with one gun works, but 2nd player start cannot be pressed in either game..even if I bind player 2 start to the keyboard. (I have the use the mouse setting for gun games checked in DumbJVSMAnager)

Can anyone save me from further pain and advise how i can possibly play these 2 games in 2 player mode with 2 aimtraks? Are there any hotkeys (like 9 for credits in Golden gun) that can let me play with 2 aim traks? Do I have to configure one as a joystick?

I am running demulshooter but it doesnt seem to do anything in regards registering the key for 2 player start..

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Many Thanks

argonlefou

• Online Online
Hi All,

Greetings from the Uk! I was hoping someone could help me. I have 2 aimtrak guns but for the life of me I cannot get 2 guns working with teknoparrot v1.04. The 2 games I have been trying are Golden Gun and lets go island. Playing with one gun works, but 2nd player start cannot be pressed in either game..even if I bind player 2 start to the keyboard. (I have the use the mouse setting for gun games checked in DumbJVSMAnager)

Can anyone save me from further pain and advise how i can possibly play these 2 games in 2 player mode with 2 aimtraks? Are there any hotkeys (like 9 for credits in Golden gun) that can let me play with 2 aim traks? Do I have to configure one as a joystick?

I am running demulshooter but it doesnt seem to do anything in regards registering the key for 2 player start..

Any help would be extremely appreciated!

Many Thanks
Hi, and Welcome here !
There's no need to configure any Aimtrak as Joystick or to do anything fancy like that.
Did you read carrefully the README file comming with DemulShooter ? All hardcoded keys are explicity written for Teknoparrot if you use the -parrotloader option

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 01:43:59 am
Random question, and I apologize if someone already asked this, but is there any way to remove the flickering cross-hair that show up in the bottom right corner for player 2 in Sega Model 2 emulator? Every time I use demulshooter for Sega Model 2, player 2 will have the regular in game cross-hair and an extra random one that flickers in the bottom right corner.  Is it possible to remove that?  Thanks Argon!