Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 987472 times)

bryhud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
hehe almost :)
I need windowed mode so that I can use other software at the same time to analyse the game's memory while it's running and while I'm moving aroud in it
That's how I can find axis and buttons location.

Anyway, better than nothing... I managed to get the game to run minimized while I'm using those tools. Little "blind" challenge but I think I found what I need....I'll try tomorrow to add it to DemulShooter

Awesome, I remember Reaver mentioning the axis were opposite from what they were in LGI

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 01:43:59 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
hehe almost :)
I need windowed mode so that I can use other software at the same time to analyse the game's memory while it's running and while I'm moving aroud in it
That's how I can find axis and buttons location.

Anyway, better than nothing... I managed to get the game to run minimized while I'm using those tools. Little "blind" challenge but I think I found what I need....I'll try tomorrow to add it to DemulShooter

Thanks Argon! Can't wait.

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2019, 04:27:49 am
Salut Argon,

I've a issue (go back to desktop screen) with Music Gun Gun 2 when I shoot offscreen or on the black bar in bottom and upper of the screen.

FYI I used also game.exe modified for 1920*1200 resolution. I've tried with another resolution like 1920x1080 but still the same issue.

Do you have a workaround for that ?? or it's only on my own settings ?

Just uncheck Direct3D9 Wrapper  :cry:

++

Dav
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 03:41:29 pm by davidlinch »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
So how do you guys get past the calibration screen on dream raiders?

Might be because ime trying to test run on lappy not cab but it does not seem to want to play ball :(
The initial gun calibration screen, with the screen cut in half ?
Just use SERVICE button to select "exit" on the upper menu and TEST or START (I don't remember) to validate and voilą :)

I cannot get this to work on either Fright Fear Land or Let's Go Island. I assume it's because I use Game Loader All RH, but Dream Raiders works perfectly!

Oops, spoke too soon. Now Dream Raiders isn't working either. It was working fine just a few days ago though. The only variable is that I updated Game Loader All RH to the latest version (170).

Urrgh. It seems that no controls now work with TeknoParrot, but they were all working just fine the other day....  what's happened?!
Honestly, as great as this loader is, I'm avoiding it whenever I can.
I know the way the loader mapped parrotLoader changed a lot....

I'm lucky all the games you quoted are running fine without Game Loader All RH so I won't help you much on this case.
Or....maybe try to run them without the loader ? Even for Teknoparrot, you can load the game with a few commands without any GUI

Mine was not cut in half?

Just a normal screen with 3 menu options.

Calibrate, exit and change menu (i think).
But the only button that seems to do anything is the one that switches between the 3 options above.

Then if i click calibrate it lets me do that then instantly crashes :s

dgrace

• Offline Offline
So how do you guys get past the calibration screen on dream raiders?

Might be because ime trying to test run on lappy not cab but it does not seem to want to play ball :(
The initial gun calibration screen, with the screen cut in half ?
Just use SERVICE button to select "exit" on the upper menu and TEST or START (I don't remember) to validate and voilą :)

I cannot get this to work on either Fright Fear Land or Let's Go Island. I assume it's because I use Game Loader All RH, but Dream Raiders works perfectly!

Oops, spoke too soon. Now Dream Raiders isn't working either. It was working fine just a few days ago though. The only variable is that I updated Game Loader All RH to the latest version (170).

Urrgh. It seems that no controls now work with TeknoParrot, but they were all working just fine the other day....  what's happened?!
Honestly, as great as this loader is, I'm avoiding it whenever I can.
I know the way the loader mapped parrotLoader changed a lot....

I'm lucky all the games you quoted are running fine without Game Loader All RH so I won't help you much on this case.
Or....maybe try to run them without the loader ? Even for Teknoparrot, you can load the game with a few commands without any GUI

But the only button that seems to do anything is the one that switches between the 3 options above.

Regarding calibration with Dream Raiders, I remember calibrating with my xbox 360 controller first (because I was struggling to with mouse support), and then when I loaded demulshooter, both guns worked great.  It was just easier to navigate through the menu options in test mode with the 360 controller for some reason.  Not sure if that helps anyone. They're probably a much simpler way.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:14:10 am
6.7a update :
- Removed all bugs in Fright Fear Land, no more crashes against boss.
I've played the game to the end (damn ! only 80 hostages rescued  :D) with 2 aimtraks and there is no more bug. Very funny game :)

Next update should be for Goldengun hopefully

Just a heads up I'm still crashing  in Fright Fear Land on the train path, specifically when the planes come out before the train crashes. I have tried patching both the game.exe and game_ORIG.exe. I'm using the patch header and crosshairs option. I have the a7mag3ddon dump.  It also crashes using game loader all rh 270
Header patching is just for general stability. What you encountered was a different matter and should no longer exists with this 6.7a release

Awesome, I remember Reaver mentioning the axis were opposite from what they were in LGI
Exactly, well.. it's more like LGI is the opposite from every other games lol

Salut Argon,

I've a issue (go back to desktop screen) with Music Gun Gun 2 when I shoot offscreen or on the black bar in bottom and upper of the screen.

FYI I used also game.exe modified for 1920*1200 resolution. I've tried with another resolution like 1920x1080 but still the same issue.

++

Dav
I'm using default game.exe and never encountered this kind of issue.
I'll try another exe when I can...
And I'm running it directly ( no Game Loader or DxWnd )
It seems like yours is running in widowed mode or something like this ?

Yeah, I meant cut in half below these 3 option, with both sides displaying each player calibration data.
I don't know your harware but if you can plug a keyboard on your cab (or if you're on a cmputer) you can set up keyboard keys in DumbJVSManager for TEST and SERVICE (and check to use keyboard).
The service button is used to change menu item, and TEST to validate

That being said....I've had a lot of trouble with the way teknoparrot handles these commands (sometimes test and service inverted, sometimes not working)
If you want a sure way, plug a keyboard, run demulshooter like this to override teknoparrot commands :
demulshooter -target=ringwide -rom=sdr -parrotloader
Then you'll use [8] for SERVICE and [9] for TEST
That way it should work

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Thank you for FFL fix!!!!!!!!

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2019, 04:27:49 am
6.7a update :

Salut Argon,

++

Dav
I'm using default game.exe and never encountered this kind of issue.
I'll try another exe when I can...
And I'm running it directly ( no Game Loader or DxWnd )
It seems like yours is running in widowed mode or something like this ?

That's fine , Just uncheck Direct3D9 Wrapper in Jconfig when you used a Game resolution modified., and it works like a charm  ::)

And of course thx for FFL  :applaud:

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 08:37:46 am
Just a heads up I'm still crashing  in Fright Fear Land on the train path, specifically when the planes come out before the train crashes. I have tried patching both the game.exe and game_ORIG.exe. I'm using the patch header and crosshairs option. I have the a7mag3ddon dump.  It also crashes using game loader all rh 270

Header patching is just for general stability. What you encountered was a different matter and should no longer exists with this 6.7a release

Working like a dream, thanks for all your hard work Argon! :cheers:

Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
6.8 update :
- Preliminary suppport for GoldenGun added
Axis and controls are working fine (left click = shoot / right click or middle click = reload - note that the autoreload is a native feature of this game - )
Only thing not working is the shoot in menu (so you can't choose bonus or not a the first screen and have to wait 30 sec.....)

Usage is the same as other ringwide games :
demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=sgg

Or to completelly override Teknoparrot input for START/SERVICE/TEST buttons:
demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=sgg -parrotloader

I know you'll find bugs if they exits  ;D

dgrace

• Offline Offline
6.8 update :
- Preliminary suppport for GoldenGun added
Axis and controls are working fine (left click = shoot / right click or middle click = reload - note that the autoreload is a native feature of this game - )
Only thing not working is the shoot in menu (so you can't choose bonus or not a the first screen and have to wait 30 sec.....)

Usage is the same as other ringwide games :
demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=sgg

Or to completelly override Teknoparrot input for START/SERVICE/TEST buttons:
demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=sgg -parrotloader

I know you'll find bugs if they exits  ;D

Thanks Argon! We really appreciate you working on this.  I'm stuck at this moment.  After launching Demulshooter, when I turn off mouse support in the DumbJVSManager.exe I am unable to load a credit (i.e. when I press key #9 nothing happens).  If mouse support box is checked then only player one works, even after loading Demulshooter.  Has anyone figured out how to start player 2? For player 1 I think it's just right click mouse? I guess it's a moot point if I can't even load credits when the mouse support box is checked.  Even if the keyboard input box is checked, nothing happens when I press #9 to try and load credits (after loading demulshooter).  Let me know if anyone else has any luck.  Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
in DumbJVSManager.exe settings :
Unchek mouse
Unchek keyboard too
Set both joystick to none

then run: demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=sgg -parrotloader

then start game and enjoy. Credits are [8] key, p1 & p2 start are [1] and [2]
In this game you have to let the key pressed half a second for the game to register

Edit:
In DumbJVSManager it also possible to set a gamepad for each player if anyone wants that (to map start, service buttons....)
This will work in parrallel with the Aimtrak (only axis and fire buttons are blocked from gamepads)

Unless you use the -parrotloader, in that case all controls are block and replaced with what's written in the README
Only the [escape] Key remains active to close

I'll repeat here so that anyone can see it, this is a "temporary" option because according to the game/teknoparrot version/computer(?)...sometimes keyboard mapping does not work.
And it does not work at all when you run games directly via dumbjvscommand/parrotloader (without GUI)

Edit 2:
Yeah.....if you're using DemulShooter you have to uncheck the mouse in DumbJvsManager...I don't know why it breaks everything
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 10:08:25 am by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
in DumbJVSManager.exe settings :
Unchek mouse
Unchek keyboard too
Set both joystick to none

then run: demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=sgg -parrotloader

then start game and enjoy. Credits are [8] key, p1 & p2 start are [1] and [2]
In this game you have to let the key pressed half a second for the game to register

Edit:
In DumbJVSManager it also possible to set a gamepad for each player if anyone wants that (to map start, service buttons....)
This will work in parrallel with the Aimtrak (only axis and fire buttons are blocked from gamepads)

Unless you use the -parrotloader, in that case all controls are block and replaced with what's written in the README
Only the [escape] Key remains active to close

I'll repeat here so that anyone can see it, this is a "temporary" option because according to the game/teknoparrot version/computer(?)...sometimes keyboard mapping does not work.
And it does not work at all when you run games directly via dumbjvscommand/parrotloader (without GUI)

Edit 2:
Yeah.....if you're using DemulShooter you have to uncheck the mouse in DumbJvsManager...I don't know why it breaks everything

Worked great! Thanks Argon for all your hard work on this.  This game is one of my new favorites.  ;D ;D :applaud: :applaud:

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Since there is no loader for Golden Gun yet that I am aware of has anyone set this up in rocket launcher? If so can you share your AHK(s) to run it?

Thanks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I have no experience with rocket launcher but I use these AHK script element to run teknoparrot games :

Code: [Select]
Run, D:\RingWide\TeknoParrot\DumbJvsCmd.exe 9, D:\RingWide\TeknoParrot\
Run, D:\RingWide\TeknoParrot\ParrotLoader.exe "D:\RingWide\SGG\exe\RingGunR_RingWide.exe", D:\RingWide\TeknoParrot\

Maybe it can help, if you can mix it up with what you already have for LGI or SDR.
The principle is the same

bryhud

• Offline Offline
I have no experience with rocket launcher but I use these AHK script element to run teknoparrot games :

Run, D:\RingWide\TeknoParrot\ParrotLoader.exe "D:\RingWide\SGG\exe\RingGunR_RingWide.exe", D:\RingWide\TeknoParrot\

Maybe it can help, if you can mix it up with what you already have for LGI or SDR.

This worked perfectly, thank you!

dgrace

• Offline Offline

Hey bryhud, could you please share how you got it working with RocketLauncher? I have Hyperspin but I am a bit ignorant when it comes to AHK scripts.  Maybe share your AHK script file and I can tweak it to my setup? Thanks

bryhud

• Offline Offline

Hey bryhud, could you please share how you got it working with RocketLauncher? I have Hyperspin but I am a bit ignorant when it comes to AHK scripts.  Maybe share your AHK script file and I can tweak it to my setup? Thanks

I created two ahk files, one to start demulshooter which is configured for the prelaunch

Run, c:\Hyperspin\Utilities\DemulShooter\demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=sgg -parrotloader
And then a second one which is what I used to start the game, which I just modified Argonlefou's for my paths.

Run, E:\Emulation\TP\SGG\DumbJvsCmd.exe 9, E:\Emulation\TP\SGG\
Run, E:\Emulation\TP\SGG\ParrotLoader.exe "E:\Emulation\TP\Games\goldengun\exe\RingGunR_RingWide.exe", E:\Emulation\TP\SGG\

Only issue I am having is on exit, maybe 30% of the time the RingGunR_RingWide.exe crashes and so it doesnt exit cleanly. So I am still playing with exiting.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Only issue I am having is on exit, maybe 30% of the time the RingGunR_RingWide.exe crashes and so it doesnt exit cleanly. So I am still playing with exiting.

Try that (of course with another trigger than [ESC]):

Process, Close, RingGunR_RingWide.exe
Process, Close, DumbJvsCmd.exe

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Thanks that was helpful... it closes fine now, when it runs. I have been seeing a Error 0090 High CPU Temperature lately just running this game which is weird. Checked the CPU and it isnt running hot so who knows LOL.

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
Does anyone else have an issue using controllers with the dumbjvscmd method? Mine seem to work fine when using the GUI, but via the command line they don't. I guess it's because they are xinput rather than directinput.

@argonlefou
I just noticed that when you use DemulShooter -h for help, it lists ringedge as a supported system when in fact the correct parameter is ringwide. Not a biggie, but thought you might like to know.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 02:06:07 am by Tomkun »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Does anyone else have an issue using controllers with the dumbjvscmd method? Mine seem to work fine when using the GUI, but via the command line they don't. I guess it's because they are xinput rather than directinput.
Yes, his way of handling input is really broken.
Don't misunderstand me, the point is not to say something bad about him. It's just a fact.
I can undestand that his priority is coding the emulator itself, not GUI or Input. I don't agree with the whole point but that's how it is....

@argonlefou
I just noticed that when you use DemulShooter -h for help, it lists ringedge as a supported system when in fact the correct parameter is ringwide. Not a biggie, but thought you might like to know.
Oh, thanks :)
So here's a small update to correct that. It could really be a source of problem indeed :)

Edit:
Oh, and I almost forgot the No Crosshair patch for GoldenGun :
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Overwrite file in /fs/bank/ sub directory
« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 05:26:51 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
[
Oh, and I almost forgot the No Crosshair patch for GoldenGun
Many thanks Im waiting fir teknoparrot 7.2 public release, as golden gun can't be played on 7.1, is this correct?

Is this game another machinegun game, or is about aiming? I'm a little disappointed with these last arcade gun games as them all are more about shooting like a machine gun than aiming and shooting, I find them a little boring...

Fear fright land test mode you choose between machinegun or handgun (or similar), but I haven't noticed any change, dou know its function?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I've not really played it, I have to wait for the public version to install it on my cab.
I just wen t past the first level to verify that stage select was working with demulshooter.

So it may be too quick to give my opinion but even if the game uses a gun instead of a machinegun, it looks like it's more towards shooting shooting shooting than aiming carefully. Built-in autoreload plays a big part in this feeling too.

As for FFL, yes I saw the setting but I never tried to change it, I was too busy with the hacking itself  :D
That beeing said, I tried a small hack for me for fun, which was to invert the "action button" effect : make the game default with the pistol and enable machinegun only when you press the button.
It's just one little line of code but if anone is interrested I can add it as a "bonus" feature for the game. It makes it....really hard lol, as nearly all ennemies need more than 1 bullet to die
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 04:31:36 am by argonlefou »

DMB77

• Offline Offline

As for FFL, yes I saw the setting but I never tried to change it, I was too busy with the hacking itself  :D
That beeing said, I tried a small hack for me for fun, which was to invert the "action button" effect : make the game default with the pistol and enable machinegun only when you press the button.
It's just one little line of code but if anone is interrested I can add it as a "bonus" feature for the game. It makes it....really hard lol, as nearly all ennemies need more than 1 bullet to die

I would be interested in that, when I play I hold the right mouse button down to enable the handgun but it's kind of a pain in the but. Playing with the handgun as default and no crosshairs makes the game a lot more gun for me personally.

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
Please, oh please add support for launching via Game Loader All RH. It's the only way I can find to launch these games via a front-end and have the controls work.

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
Please, oh please add support for launching via Game Loader All RH. It's the only way I can find to launch these games via a front-end and have the controls work.

I could use demulshooter when I launch let's go island via Game Loader All RH.
Have you tried on?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I would be interested in that, when I play I hold the right mouse button down to enable the handgun but it's kind of a pain in the but. Playing with the handgun as default and no crosshairs makes the game a lot more gun for me personally.
that's so true !

6.8b update :
you can add -hardffl option to demulshooter's command line to play Fright Fear Land with inverted weapons

i.e:
demulshooter.exe -target=globalvr -rom=fearland -hardffl

In theory, using Game Loader All RH is not changing anything so you can use demulshooter normally.
Silent Hill and Gundam dual screen games are running with it on my computer

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Anyone seen a Sega Golden Gun HD patch floating around that doesn't mess up the HUD?

Thanks

bryhud

• Offline Offline
argonlefou: looking forward to your star trek voyager VM!!  Let me know if you need a tester! :)

leslie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 02:18:10 pm
Hi everyone! This is a noob question but i cant find a tutorial or videos that may help me to run demulshooter properly. Does demulshooter really needs to be run through cmd? What i did was

1. Run demulshooter.exe
2. In the GUI, i chose the id for my aimtrak gun 1P and 2P. The button assignmnt is greyed out but i still click save config
3. Run demul and went to service to calibrate my 2 guns but it looks like both guns are sharing the same cursor
4. Tried the game, both players trigger are working because both players are running out of ammo but theres only 1 point where the gun shoots.

Anyone please can link me to the right tutorial? I just followed the text file that comes with demulshooter6.8.zip

Note: i did not close demulshooter after save config. The GUI is still in the background but not in system tray

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
argonlefou: looking forward to your star trek voyager VM!!  Let me know if you need a tester! :)
It's almost finished, I just need to settle the aim correctly with the VM....the Aimtrak being calibrated for the Host "real screen" resolution which has nothing to do with the virtual guest screen resolution (which can even change at any time....) makes things a little bit more complicated than expected. I didn't think of that when I packed it on my linux real machine...way easier  :lol

Hi everyone! This is a noob question but i cant find a tutorial or videos that may help me to run demulshooter properly. Does demulshooter really needs to be run through cmd? What i did was

1. Run demulshooter.exe
2. In the GUI, i chose the id for my aimtrak gun 1P and 2P. The button assignmnt is greyed out but i still click save config
3. Run demul and went to service to calibrate my 2 guns but it looks like both guns are sharing the same cursor
4. Tried the game, both players trigger are working because both players are running out of ammo but theres only 1 point where the gun shoots.

Anyone please can link me to the right tutorial? I just followed the text file that comes with demulshooter6.8.zip

Note: i did not close demulshooter after save config. The GUI is still in the background but not in system tray
Welcome, there's no noob question :)

Indeed, you have to close the GUI once your settings are saved.
And then you'll have to run the appropriate command line each time before/after running an emulator+game to make it work

bryhud

• Offline Offline
It's almost finished, I just need to settle the aim correctly with the VM....the Aimtrak being calibrated for the Host "real screen" resolution which has nothing to do with the virtual guest screen resolution (which can even change at any time....) makes things a little bit more complicated than expected. I didn't think of that when I packed it on my linux real machine...way easier  :lol

Works great!!! Thanks! Setup in hyperspin and good to go! You rock as always!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Star Trek Voyager worked great on the VM. Easy set up. Stellar work as usual Argon.

DMB77

• Offline Offline
Star Trek Voyager worked great on the VM. Easy set up. Stellar work as usual Argon.

What?! I must have this. I tried setting up start trek voyager on a Linux mint vm but I couldn't get it to work.

leslie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 02:18:10 pm

1. Run demulshooter.exe

And then you'll have to run the appropriate command line each time before/after running an emulator+game to make it work

1. Run demulshooter.exe

Hi argonlefou!, thank you so much for giving me a clear instruction. I just figured out now how it works and it's a lot of fun.  :applaud: However I can only load house of the dead 2 on demul058 and cannot load other lightgun games like Confidential mission, Lupin the shooting, The Maze of the kings because I'm having an error "unable to find 'lupinsho.bin' in 'lupinsho' romset. I just posted this problem in case others are having the same problem but I'm still looking for solution. Anyway thanks a lot for making this program!  ;)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
You'll just have to search for another version of these roms.
Demul changed their romset a lot, so you may have a more recent  version of the game, working with demul 0.7 but not with your version of Demul.

I had the same issue each time they changed their supported romset

wderbi

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 22, 2018, 01:50:00 am
You'll just have to search for another version of these roms.
Demul changed their romset a lot, so you may have a more recent  version of the game, working with demul 0.7 but not with your version of Demul.

I had the same issue each time they changed their supported romset

I don't know if this is my problem as well, but I had this same issue with a few of my roms...Confmiss was one of them.  I kept getting a crc error with the zipped files running demul 0.7a trying to run the game directly in demul, and was unable to run the zipped rom in rocketlauncher.  However, if I unzipped the file and renamed the "Confidential_Mission.dat" file to "confmiss.bin", I could run the file in demul 0.7a using the 'load decrypted rom' option.  The game runs great this way, and also in rocketlauncher if I go into the 'rom settings' tab of the demul module and change the 'load decrypted' option to true for that rom.  Of course, the light gun does not work, so I tried setting it up with demulshooter 6.8.

I tried all ways to get this to work: command line options via AHK an Bat files, setting the use demul shooter option in rocketlauncher to "true" in the modules rom setting tabs under global  module settings, and setting up a script in RLs user options.  Unfortunately, I could NOT get the light guns to work properly.  At best, my aimtraks would sometimes actually fire the bullets, but I could not direct or aim the bullet on the screen.  Player one would move a little, but player two would just stay in the center of the screen.  At worst, I had absolutely no trigger function at all in either controller.  If I deleted the "dummy" files in the nvram  folder of demul, I could reset things and at least get the trigger control back, but it would again disappear if I tried to calibrate the guns in the test mode of confmiss.  I am at a loss, and I don't know what to do next---I am thinking maybe the rom has to be updated???  Attached is the log of the demulshooter after I reset everything and regained trigger function, and lost it again after calibration in test mode:

00:35:45.624396 :
00:35:45.634396 : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
00:35:45.634396 : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#9&375eebb1&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
00:35:45.634396 : P1 device handle = 65599
00:35:45.644396 : P2 device  = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1602&MI_02#9&2f312172&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
00:35:45.644396 : P2 device handle = 65601
00:35:45.644396 : Cmdline arg 1 : -target=demul07a
00:35:45.654396 : Cmdline arg 2 : -rom=confmiss
00:35:45.654396 : Cmdline arg 3 : -noresize
00:35:45.654396 : Cmdline arg 4 : -widescreen
00:35:45.654396 : Cmdline arg 5 : -v
00:35:45.664396 : Waiting for naomigame to hook.....
00:35:45.674396 : Widescreen hack memory address = 0x2C24F798 , value = 0x43700000
00:35:54.784409 : LowLevel-MouseHook OK !
00:35:54.794409 : Attached to Process demul.exe, ProcessHandle = 784
00:35:54.794409 : Demul.exe = 0x00400000, padDemul.dll = 0x0AC40000
00:35:54.804409 : Adding CodeCave at : 0x0AD10000
00:35:54.804409 : Naomi Memory Hack complete !
00:35:54.804409 : -
00:36:07.544427 : Widescreen Hack : wrote 0x43700000 to address 0x2C24F798
00:36:27.704455 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.214456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 9AF9, 0000 ]
00:36:28.224456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.254456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1162, 0 ]
00:36:28.254456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1162, -20 ]
00:36:28.264456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 009A, 0000 ]
00:36:28.264456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 154, 0 ]
00:36:28.274456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.274456 : -
00:36:28.284456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.284456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ A579, 0000 ]
00:36:28.304456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.304456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1241, 0 ]
00:36:28.314456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 1241, -20 ]
00:36:28.314456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 00A5, 0000 ]
00:36:28.314456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 165, 0 ]
00:36:28.324456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.324456 : -
00:36:28.334456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.334456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 7466, 87B7 ]
00:36:28.334456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.344456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 872, 572 ]
00:36:28.344456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 872, 552 ]
00:36:28.344456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0074, 0085 ]
00:36:28.354456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 116, 133 ]
00:36:28.354456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.354456 : -
00:36:28.364456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.364456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 7106, B73A ]
00:36:28.364456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.374456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 847, 772 ]
00:36:28.374456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 847, 752 ]
00:36:28.374456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0070, 00B5 ]
00:36:28.384456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 112, 181 ]
00:36:28.384456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.394456 : -
00:36:28.394456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.394456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 6F26, C4EB ]
00:36:28.404456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.404456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 833, 830 ]
00:36:28.404456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 833, 810 ]
00:36:28.414456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 006F, 00C3 ]
00:36:28.414456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 111, 195 ]
00:36:28.414456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.424456 : -
00:36:28.424456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.424456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 6F76, CBCB ]
00:36:28.434456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.434456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 835, 859 ]
00:36:28.434456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 835, 839 ]
00:36:28.444456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 006F, 00CA ]
00:36:28.444456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 111, 202 ]
00:36:28.444456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.454456 : -
00:36:28.454456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.454456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 7236, D76C ]
00:36:28.464456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.464456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 856, 908 ]
00:36:28.464456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 856, 888 ]
00:36:28.474456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0072, 00D6 ]
00:36:28.474456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 114, 214 ]
00:36:28.474456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.484456 : -
00:36:28.484456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.484456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 7376, DBAC ]
00:36:28.494456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.494456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 865, 926 ]
00:36:28.504456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 865, 906 ]
00:36:28.504456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0073, 00DA ]
00:36:28.504456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 115, 218 ]
00:36:28.514456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.514456 : -
00:36:28.514456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.524456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 7286, DD3C ]
00:36:28.524456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.524456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 858, 933 ]
00:36:28.534456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 858, 913 ]
00:36:28.534456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0072, 00DC ]
00:36:28.534456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 114, 220 ]
00:36:28.544456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.544456 : -
00:36:28.544456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.554456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 6DE6, D87C ]
00:36:28.554456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.554456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 824, 913 ]
00:36:28.564456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 824, 893 ]
00:36:28.564456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 006D, 00D7 ]
00:36:28.564456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 109, 215 ]
00:36:28.574456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.574456 : -
00:36:28.574456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.584456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 6856, D08C ]
00:36:28.584456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.584456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 782, 879 ]
00:36:28.594456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 782, 859 ]
00:36:28.594456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0068, 00CF ]
00:36:28.604456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 104, 207 ]
00:36:28.604456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
00:36:28.604456 : -
00:36:28.614456 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:36:28.614456 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 6686, CB4B ]
00:36:28.614456 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1920, 1080 ]
00:36:28.624456 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 768, 857 ]
00:36:28.624456 : OnClient Cursor Position (Px) = [ 768, 837 ]
00:36:28.624456 : Game Position (Hex) = [ 0066, 00C9 ]
00:36:28.634456 : Game Position (Dec) = [ 102, 201 ]
00:36:28.634456 : MouseButton (Hex) = 0x0000
......(goes on like this for a while as I keep moving and trying to shoot!

Here is my game options script in my user options for RL:

class GameUserFunction extends GameFunction {

; Use this function to define any code you want to run on initialization
InitUserFeatures() {
RLLog.Info(A_ThisFunc . " - Starting")
Run("H:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Sega Naomi\demul07a\DemulShooter_v6.8\DemulShooter.exe -target=demul07a -rom=confmiss -noresize -widescreen -v", "H:\HyperSpin\Emulators\Sega Naomi\demul07a")       
RLLog.Info(A_ThisFunc . " - Ending")
}

; Use this function to define any code you may need to stop or clean up in every module on exit
StopUserFeatures() {
RLLog.Info(A_ThisFunc . " - Starting")

RLLog.Info(A_ThisFunc . " - Ending")
}

}

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
You'll have to go step by step....
As I said, the first step would be to update your roms to fit your version of Demul. If you have to check some "load decrypted rom" option that's not good, even if after all this Demul ends by running the game...
There's no more .dat or .bin files for Demul if you're using the latest build, it's now based on MAME romset with .zip and .chd files

Once you'll get this properly settled, and once you can run the game directly, then you can try to set up your frontend and DemulShooter

« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 05:15:36 am by argonlefou »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
Any word on the Tekno Parrot 0.72 emulator public release. I've checked around and haven't seen anything, I'm really itching to give Sega Golden Gun a go.