Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976278 times)

thet0ast3r

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2020, 02:10:37 pm
  • Chihiro ftw
This may be a bit offtopic, but i think it should still belong here: Are there people who got music gungun! 2 to work? I saw it here on troubleshooter2, but i couldnエt manage to run the game, I either get a black screen or a 3d3 error and other weird stuff.

greetings, thet0ast3r
thet0ast3r

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
This may be a bit offtopic, but i think it should still belong here: Are there people who got music gungun! 2 to work? I saw it here on troubleshooter2, but i couldnエt manage to run the game, I either get a black screen or a 3d3 error and other weird stuff.

greetings, thet0ast3r
People seem to have a lot of trouble running it with Windows10
I have an old Win7 x64 and it works flawlessly

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Anyone have any issue with FrightFearLand using 6.7? In the first path on the Monster Train level (3rd part) it will crash the game.exe every time shortly after the monster train starts to attack. This is on both the original game and the updated one. When I go back to 6.5 I dont see this problem and I am able to beat the train. Then of course the paths need to be random and the other gun features that were implemented in 6.7 dont work anymore.

Thanks
Confirmed !  :cry:
Well...for now I'll keep it noted on my todo-list. 10mn of gameplay each time I want to acces the buggy point is quite......time consumming  :-[
This game is driving me nuts  :banghead:
But keep reporting bugs if you find some, of course !

Yeah I think I had Jurassic Park 2 player working(I'll have to double check). For the ocean hunter I tried editing the.ini file like Darth Marino suggested in this video   but all I got was both guns mapped to player 1 the player 2 cursor wouldn't work.

here's my ini file (well, part of) :
; Light guns (Lost World)
InputGunLeft = "NONE"                     ; digital, move gun left
InputGunRight = "NONE"                     ; digital, move gun right
InputGunUp = "NONE"                        ; digital, move gun up
InputGunDown = "NONE"                     ; digital, move gun down
InputGunX = "MOUSE1_XAXIS"                ; analog, full X axis
InputGunY = "MOUSE1_YAXIS"                ; analog, full Y axis
InputTrigger = "MOUSE1_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputOffscreen = "MOUSE1_RIGHT_BUTTON"       ; point off-screen
InputAutoTrigger = 1                       ; automatic reload when off-screen
InputGunLeft2 = "NONE"
InputGunRight2 = "NONE"
InputGunUp2 = "NONE"
InputGunDown2 = "NONE"
InputGunX2 = "MOUSE2_XAXIS"
InputGunY2 = "MOUSE2_YAXIS"
InputTrigger2 = "MOUSE2_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputOffscreen2 = "MOUSE2_RIGHT_BUTTON"
InputAutoTrigger2 = 1

; Analog guns (Ocean Hunter, LA Machineguns)
InputAnalogGunLeft = "NONE"                  ; digital, move gun left
InputAnalogGunRight = "NONE"                ; digital, move gun right
InputAnalogGunUp = "NONE"                     ; digital, move gun up
InputAnalogGunDown = "NONE"                  ; digital, move gun down
InputAnalogGunX = "MOUSE1_XAXIS"          ; analog, full X axis
InputAnalogGunY = "MOUSE1_YAXIS"          ; analog, full Y axis
InputAnalogTriggerLeft = "MOUSE1_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputAnalogTriggerRight = "MOUSE1_RIGHT_BUTTON"
InputAnalogGunLeft2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunRight2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunUp2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunDown2 = "NONE"
InputAnalogGunX2 = "MOUSE2_XAXIS"
InputAnalogGunY2 = "MOUSE2_YAXIS"
InputAnalogTriggerLeft2 = "MOUSE2_LEFT_BUTTON"
InputAnalogTriggerRight2 = "MOUSE2_RIGHT_BUTTON"
There are two important things :
1) You have to set correct "mouse ID" for your Aimtrak (for me MOUSE_1_ an MOUSE_2_ but for you it may change). Be aware that these values can be changed according to how window set up your devices :(

2) You have ti run the emulator like this (if oceanhun.zip is in the same folder than your exe) :
Supermodel.exe oceanhun.zip -input-system=rawinput

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
ok, so i`m guessing most of the games only run on win7 :( i still havn`t seen a video of someone playing music gungun! 2 ... only some people responding that it works, and other people that it doesn`t.
thet0ast3r

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
"There are two important things :
1) You have to set correct "mouse ID" for your Aimtrak (for me MOUSE_1_ an MOUSE_2_ but for you it may change). Be aware that these values can be changed according to how window set up your devices :(

2) You have ti run the emulator like this (if oceanhun.zip is in the same folder than your exe) :
Supermodel.exe oceanhun.zip -input-system=rawinput"

Thanks Argonlefou, I finally figured it out last night, the mouse id's are what were throwing me off(my track ball mouse is MOUSE1).  The gun controls are very jumpy(sensitive) in LA machine guns and they ocean hunter. I haven't been able to find a calibration menu in the ocean hunter, and I haven't had much luck with aim test in LA machine guns.  I currently run supermodel at 800x600 resolution and my desktop resolution is 1360x768. I read on the supermodel forum that if you match the resolutions closely, it somewhat resolves the calibration issues. Anyone have any experience with this?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 08:55:22 am by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
ok, so i`m guessing most of the games only run on win7 :( i still havn`t seen a video of someone playing music gungun! 2 ... only some people responding that it works, and other people that it doesn`t.
Here's a quick homemade video !
« Last Edit: July 29, 2017, 02:07:57 am by argonlefou »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
Thanks... I saw the same thing on route two boss level on 6.7 also... seems to work well up to the bosses then crashes but plays fine on 6.5

No worries, thanks for your hard work.. i know its a pain. I tested every which way I could with different game.exe and builds and different demulshooter. Every time 10 min to test.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
"There are two important things :

Supermodel.exe oceanhun.zip -input-system=rawinput"

Thanks Argonlefou, I finally figured it out last night, the mouse id's are what were throwing me off(my track ball mouse is MOUSE1).  The gun controls are very jumpy(sensitive) in LA machine guns and they ocean hunter. I haven't been able to find a calibration menu in the ocean hunter, and I haven't had much luck with aim test in LA machine guns.  I currently run supermodel at 800x600 resolution and my desktop resolution is 1360x768. I read on the supermodel forum that if you match the resolutions closely, it somewhat resolves the calibration issues. Anyone have any experience with this?

I struggled initially with supermodel emulator but once I got the ini settings down it has worked flawlessly since. I use the same settings as Argon.  As far as raw input settings go, I struggled setting to raw input when using the terminal/cmd.  I don't know if you use Hyperspin or Rocketlauncher, but if so, you can go into the game's and emulator's specific module settings and simply set it to raw input and vuaaawwwlaaaw.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks... I saw the same thing on route two boss level on 6.7 also... seems to work well up to the bosses then crashes but plays fine on 6.5

No worries, thanks for your hard work.. i know its a pain. I tested every which way I could with different game.exe and builds and different demulshooter. Every time 10 min to test.
Thanks for your effort ! But don't waste too much time, it's not related to a specific version of the dump but it's really because of the second hack I added to be able to shoot with secondary weapon and during level select.
I just played a little switching hacks here and there, I'll have to look further in to the game to resolve it. For now, the best I could have is the current hack not crashing as soon as the boss fight start, but using the machinegun during the fight crashes the game. I managed to beat it ith the secondary weapon but it's so fu**ing long  :lol
Well, I take good note of your hint about 2nd route boss ! thank you

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Anyone else having problems with techno parrot and dream raisers? I cant seem to get past the initial calibration screen.

It either tells me calibration failed or just closes down after shooting the last corner.

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
hmm, i managed to run music gun gun! 2, how i did it: installed win7, took the jconfig files and overrode the game.exe with the patched exe that comes with jconfig. in jconfig, i disabled all d3d/ 3d wrappers/sound wrappers, because otherwise, i got errors. Additionally, i had to add msvcp120.dll and msvcr120.dll in the game folder, they weren`t on my version of win7pro. Game has to be started in winxp sp3 compat mode, also. Maybe this helps someone ;D

thet0ast3r
thet0ast3r

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Hi thet0ast3r, I tried your methode but didnt' work for me.
Bryhud said he had it working on win 10, so I dont know what is my problem, but I get it crashing in two different win10 computers.
I get

[ERROR]: Direct3Dデバイスの列挙に失敗しました。

and

MTSシステムの初期化に失敗しました。
アプリケーションを終了します。

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
well, im on the currently latest win 10 professional version, (as of 1.7.2017) and i cannot get it to work on win10. Of course running everything as an administrator, and so on.
It has probably something to do with your graphics card? I have a radeon hd 7850, and a skylake 6700k cpu. As far as i know, the taito tx2 games have amd/ati graphic cards, so maybe if you`re running an nvidia card and have the 3d wrapper turned off, thats (maybe) why it won`t work? i am getting the same direct3d error as you, atleast on win 10.

EDIT: as i just tested, on my win10 64bit pro, i do NOT get the d3d error, JUST the second one (MTSシステムの初期化に失敗しました。
アプリケーションを終了します。)
i guess it`s up to us to find out, because so few people have that game up & running...

EDIT2: anyone fluid in japanese?
i figured out that the error is a japanese one, i couldn`t copy & paste the error message, so i had to screenshot it, here it is.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2017, 01:52:32 pm by thet0ast3r »
thet0ast3r

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Don't know if it will help but the game is running fine at home on my computer with an Nvidia GPU, and on my laptop with an Intel integrated GPU.
Well, both with Win7 of course  :-\

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
@argonlefou what settings are you choosing in the jconfig? or are you even using the jconfig-launcher-thingy? would be nice to find out what`s the cause of the crash, because i think that probably 50 % of all people get atleast one error message on startup... 
thet0ast3r

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yes I'm using Jconfig, and I can choose any setting (direct3d wrapper or not, etc....), it's still working

About your japanese message, it's just :
"MTS system failed to start"
"The application has ended"

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
that`s interresting, as the direct3d wrapper causes a crash when i play on win7 64 bits.
I played around with mgg2 on win 10 a bit longer, and i somehow managed to break something ( probably directX 9) in my os, now i`m not able to play any game  :banghead:
haunted museum worked on win10 before, now it crashes when it tries to initialize the screen, even "normal" games like counterstrike or any other 3d game won`t work anymore haha  ;D
I actually didn`t think you could break things in win10 so easily.
Thanks for the Translation :) sadly it`s not that helpful, as MTS could be pretty much anything.
Going to sleep now- maybe i`ll try a complete reinstall tomorrow.
thet0ast3r

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
No Crosshair patch for Fright Fear Land : Mirror1 - MEGA.NZ

It's for the "game_fullexe" (the latest) release, the one where you have to set JVSENABLE, GUNENABLE, etc...on the ini file
Crosshair are disabled during gameplay, and ammo count has been relocated above the life bar in a much more readable way (it was so small on a full HD display !)

Now, I can go back on debugging 2P crash issue during boss fight....
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 09:48:54 am by argonlefou »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Thanks... just an FYI I saw the crashing with both 1 and two player on the boss levels using 6.7. No crashing on 6.5

On a side note, Sega Golden Gun dump was just released, usual places.  Now Just waiting on Reaver for updated TP. Usually once the dump is out he is pretty quick!

Thanks again for all you do!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks... just an FYI I saw the crashing with both 1 and two player on the boss levels using 6.7. No crashing on 6.5
Yes, yes, the new hack I added on 6.7 makes the crash against booses. Still don't know why though....
I played a little this morning to test the crosshair patch and I had a crash VS the boss in the kitchen too

I'll investigate this week, this game is so cool it deserves a neat and clean hack  ;D

On a side note, Sega Golden Gun dump was just released, usual places.  Now Just waiting on Reaver for updated TP. Usually once the dump is out he is pretty quick!
Got it waiting on my disk to be playable  :laugh:
So many games recently....hope it will be easier to treat than Fright Fear Land !

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I got Fright fear land working nice with "Fright Fear Land game" exe, but when I use "game_fullexe", I overwrite cfg folder, game.exe and haunted.ini,  set options to:
JVSENABLE  1
GUNENABLE 1
DINPUTENABLE 1
and I get this error:
U-JVS Firmware update Failed. [-1]
any idea?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I got Fright fear land working nice with "Fright Fear Land game" exe, but when I use "game_fullexe", I overwrite cfg folder, game.exe and haunted.ini,  set options to:
JVSENABLE  1
GUNENABLE 1
DINPUTENABLE 1
and I get this error:
U-JVS Firmware update Failed. [-1]
any idea?
set JVSENABLE to 0 and GUNENABLE to 0, it seems that these settings are looking for real JVS and I/O gun  hardware.
You can set DINPUTENABLE to 0 too, I don't see whtat this does

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Thanks, I tried this and works with your exe, but it crashes after the map screen, when begining the level. Without demulshooter working.
with the game_fullexe it crashes on startup

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
Hey Argon,

I just wanted to confirm if Blue Estate 2 player was an officially supported windows "rom" or not? 

It would be really cool if it was but I see you're particularly busy servicing the needs of the whole Aimtrak community so only if you've got a spare minute.

Still waiting for your donation box this emoticon  :cheers: doesn't cut it for all your efforts.

Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks, I tried this and works with your exe, but it crashes after the map screen, when begining the level. Without demulshooter working.
with the game_fullexe it crashes on startup
I'll make some kind of patcher to make it compatible with all the "game.exe" version I know are available
So far there are 4: original game, full game, game all rh loader specific exe and another one I found on the web

Just like you I struggled a lot to make the latest "game full" work without crashing. Don't really know how I finally make it lol

Hey Argon,

I just wanted to confirm if Blue Estate 2 player was an officially supported windows "rom" or not? 

It would be really cool if it was but I see you're particularly busy servicing the needs of the whole Aimtrak community so only if you've got a spare minute.

Still waiting for your donation box this emoticon  :cheers: doesn't cut it for all your efforts.

Thanks
Blue Estate is not (yet) supported, but on top of my "TO-DO list"
The game is really ...well...."unique" in is way of handling controls. I've found some interresting clues and I need time to (maybe) make it work  :lol

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
After all the games you've made available to us I can certainly wait.
Thank you again Argon, you're an absolute legend  :notworthy: :notworthy:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
LOL, no, no.....real legends are dumpers, crackers, and those who make emulators and loaders  ;)

I'm just a simple modder  ;)

Well...if I have time I'll try to play Fearland all the way down. I think I've settle the boss crash thing
But this time I'll play everywhere in the game to make sure there's nothing esle bugging before releasing the update

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
I cannot get this to work on either Fright Fear Land or Let's Go Island. I assume it's because I use Game Loader All RH, but Dream Raiders works perfectly!

Oops, spoke too soon. Now Dream Raiders isn't working either. It was working fine just a few days ago though. The only variable is that I updated Game Loader All RH to the latest version (170).

Urrgh. It seems that no controls now work with TeknoParrot, but they were all working just fine the other day....  what's happened?!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 08:14:55 am by Tomkun »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
LOL, no, no.....real legends are dumpers, crackers, and those who make emulators and loaders  ;)

I'm just a simple modder  ;)

Well...if I have time I'll try to play Fearland all the way down. I think I've settle the boss crash thing
But this time I'll play everywhere in the game to make sure there's nothing esle bugging before releasing the update

All legends, but so are you my friend ;)

So how do you guys get past the calibration screen on dream raiders?

Might be because ime trying to test run on lappy not cab but it does not seem to want to play ball :(

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Just passing-by quickly, to post a patcher for Fright Fear Land (joined at the bottom)

With this you can patch any version of Fright Fear Land "game.exe" with 2 things :
- Patching header to make the game more stable (no more random crashing at start or at level select, etc..)
- Patching header + Remove crosshair (patching header is necessary for crosshair mod)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
So how do you guys get past the calibration screen on dream raiders?

Might be because ime trying to test run on lappy not cab but it does not seem to want to play ball :(
The initial gun calibration screen, with the screen cut in half ?
Just use SERVICE button to select "exit" on the upper menu and TEST or START (I don't remember) to validate and voil :)

I cannot get this to work on either Fright Fear Land or Let's Go Island. I assume it's because I use Game Loader All RH, but Dream Raiders works perfectly!

Oops, spoke too soon. Now Dream Raiders isn't working either. It was working fine just a few days ago though. The only variable is that I updated Game Loader All RH to the latest version (170).

Urrgh. It seems that no controls now work with TeknoParrot, but they were all working just fine the other day....  what's happened?!
Honestly, as great as this loader is, I'm avoiding it whenever I can.
I know the way the loader mapped parrotLoader changed a lot....

I'm lucky all the games you quoted are running fine without Game Loader All RH so I won't help you much on this case.
Or....maybe try to run them without the loader ? Even for Teknoparrot, you can load the game with a few commands without any GUI

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Reaver fixed Teknoparrot (for Patreons) for Win7 users this morning.  Golden Gun now fully playable and works well with player 1 Aimtrak gun.  Yay! Beat the first couple levels this morning.  This game is badass.  It's definitely HOTD 4.5:)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
For now I can't run it in windowed mode  :'(

dgrace

• Offline Offline

Hmmmm? That's weird.  Do you have Win7? Have you tried Dxwnd or Gameloader? I didn't use them but maybe they would help? I just have win7 and a 32 in HDTV and didn't have to change any settings and it worked immediately in fullscreen mode.  I only added a file to change things to English, but I don't think that would have affected anything in relation to the resolution.   
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:01:19 pm by dgrace »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
FFL_Patcher.zip
Now it doesn't crash (I tested quickly) but seems to be ok
Many thanks

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Just passing-by quickly, to post a patcher for Fright Fear Land (joined at the bottom)

With this you can patch any version of Fright Fear Land "game.exe" with 2 things :
- Patching header to make the game more stable (no more random crashing at start or at level select, etc..)
- Patching header + Remove crosshair (patching header is necessary for crosshair mod)

is this for crashing at the boss levels to or just other crashing?

Thanks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

is this for crashing at the boss levels to or just other crashing?

Thanks!
Nope, just for random crashing at start and at level select (and mandatory step for non crosshair patch)

The boss level fix is on under "eavy test" before I can call this game "closed case"
Unfortunatelly, I wanted to quickly look at GoldenGun and it's getting more time consumming than expected  ;)

bryhud

• Offline Offline

Hmmmm? That's weird.  Do you have Win7? Have you tried Dxwnd or Gameloader? I didn't use them but maybe they would help? I just have win7 and a 32 in HDTV and didn't have to change any settings and it worked immediately in fullscreen mode.  I only added a file to change things to English, but I don't think that would have affected anything in relation to the resolution.

I think he wants to run it in windowed mode maybe to get demulshooter working? maybe not lol, it works for me also but only in fullscreen. There are some HD patches also which allowed me to go 1920x1080 but it screwed with the location of the coin start and stuff so I switched back.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
hehe almost :)
I need windowed mode so that I can use other software at the same time to analyse the game's memory while it's running and while I'm moving aroud in it
That's how I can find axis and buttons location.

Anyway, better than nothing... I managed to get the game to run minimized while I'm using those tools. Little "blind" challenge but I think I found what I need....I'll try tomorrow to add it to DemulShooter

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
Just a heads up I'm still crashing  in Fright Fear Land on the train path, specifically when the planes come out before the train crashes. I have tried patching both the game.exe and game_ORIG.exe. I'm using the patch header and crosshairs option. I have the a7mag3ddon dump.  It also crashes using game loader all rh 270
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 02:23:36 pm by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment