Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976077 times)

bryhud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
As for the Work-In-Progress :

Another railgun game was dumped this mornig, weirdo mix of music and gun game  :lol

Also I'm really close to (at last !) make DemulShooter work with Blue Estate
Still work to do with Fear Land
And some really quick hack for Far Cry if it's working

Thanks for the heads up on GunGun2, grabbing it now. Looks funny!

I havent played through frightfearland so I havent gotten to the spot he mentioned yet! 2 player Blue Estate would be bad ass!

I am loving all the new games! I know its a long ways out, but I can't wait to play HOTD4 at home!

bryhud

• Offline Offline
I tested GunGun2 quickly... you can enable dual mice in jconfig settings screen. The game works really well and I seems to detect and use both guns however the  crosshair is all over the place. I tried to look if there was a calibration screen but all of the service menus are in chinese or some language LOL. Looks like a fun game if you can get it working! Thanks again!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:34:11 am
The launcher is one of the best seen recently ! Too bad it lacks just rawinput to support it natively
But it supports XInput and so on, and the game is running very well

I got it working with DemulShooter, I just need to pack it properly for use.
And maybe make a quick guide for TEST menu
and remove those f***ing crosshair lol

Yes, the game may be fun ! It's uncommon

bryhud

• Offline Offline
The launcher is one of the best seen recently ! Too bad it lacks just rawinput to support it natively
But it supports XInput and so on, and the game is running very well

I got it working with DemulShooter, I just need to pack it properly for use.
And maybe make a quick guide for TEST menu
and remove those f***ing crosshair lol

Yes, the game may be fun ! It's uncommon

As always you amaze me! So fast!

I dont mind crosshairs LOL, seems to bother alot of people though!

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Is there any way to turn up the volume in Lets Go island that anyone found?

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
Does anyone know if it's possible to play The (typing) House of the dead overkill with two players?  I'm using two Ultimarc guns from arcadeguns.com I ran DemulShooter but can't seem to select 2 players.
This is the script I ran and it launches the game, but no 2 players

#SingleInstance

;2p support
Run, C:\DemulShooter\demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=HOTD_NG, C:\DemulShooter

,Run game
Run, C:\Games\Typing of The Dead Overkill\HOTD_NG, C:\Games\Typing of The Dead Overkill\
Fate flies in fear of the moment

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
I tried Farcry paradise, and I get to a screen that says something like guns not detected in a win10 with nvidia card, but in my arcade, a win 10 with ati card,  It keeps rebooting.

I haveread it don't work with ati cards, do you think it's correct?

Gungun2 crashes for me  in both computers. It shows a Direct 3d error .

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Does anyone know if it's possible to play The (typing) House of the dead overkill with two players?  I'm using two Ultimarc guns from arcadeguns.com I ran DemulShooter but can't seem to select 2 players.
Hi, I think house of dead overkill pc is not supported, but dolphin does, so you can play the wii version in dual player mode.
Also, in the first page there is a no crosshair patch for the pc version
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 07:15:47 pm by phasermaniac »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I dont mind crosshairs LOL, seems to bother alot of people though!
Crosshair is Evil  >:D
There wasn't any back in time (Virtua Cop, time crisis....) and the game were way better than recent-machinegun-always-have-trigger-on games :(

#SingleInstance

;2p support
Run, C:\DemulShooter\demulshooter.exe -target=windows -rom=HOTD_NG, C:\DemulShooter

,Run game
Run, C:\Games\Typing of The Dead Overkill\HOTD_NG, C:\Games\Typing of The Dead Overkill\
You simply can't...the game is designed for solo gameplay and network coop
There is no way to play local coop on this game :(

Look at the README for supported games  ;)
I'm not good enough to make a game magically work by just running the command with it's exe name  ;) (I wish I could !)

By the way, this ahk script is an old script of mine and there is a mistake, you have to replace the first line by
#SingleInstance force

I tried Farcry paradise, and I get to a screen that says something like guns not detected in a win10 with nvidia card, but in my arcade, a win 10 with ati card,  It keeps rebooting.

I haveread it don't work with ati cards, do you think it's correct?
That's what I read too.
On my laptop with an integrated intel GPU I can just go to test mode, game crashed when I start to play.

But at home it works fine with an NVIDIA GPU. Well when I say "fine".....it's a big word as the game is asking for a dongle every 2 minutes lol

Did you try to uncheck the direct3d wrapper options in the launcher ?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
6.6 update :
- Added Music Gun Gun! 2 to ttx supported roms

Classical use, left mouse = shoot, right mouse = offscreen shoot
You can set other buttons in the launcher (start, service, etc....) on keyboard or directly on your Aimtrak Joy buttons

some tricks and cheats : http://groovecoaster.wikia.com/wiki/Music_GunGun_2

I've still not found out what are the ">"and "<" buttons use during the game

And I'm joining a quickly translated Test mode (sorry my japanese is very basic and I have not opened my kanji book for a long time )

Gun Gun 2 - No Croshair Patch : MEGA.NZ
Override file in "\pack" sub directory of the game

A newer dump of Fear Land has been released, I'll go back on it later this week
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 08:43:10 am by argonlefou »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
"You simply can't...the game is designed for solo gameplay and network coop
There is no way to play local coop on this game :(

Look at the README for supported games  ;)
I'm not good enough to make a game magically work by just running the command with it's exe name  ;) (I wish I could !)

By the way, this ahk script is an old script of mine and there is a mistake, you have to replace the first line by
#SingleInstance force"

Thanks for the info and the updated script.  The reason I asked is because in story mode and in the directors cut, when you finish a mission there is a 1 player and 2 player rank box, so I figured there was a way to get 2 players.

Has anyone had any luck with Ninja Assault in Demul?  For some reason I have to go into the JVS test mode and calibrate guns(which is a real pain), set up free play etc, every single time I load it.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Has anyone had any luck with Ninja Assault in Demul?  For some reason I have to go into the JVS test mode and calibrate guns(which is a real pain), set up free play etc, every single time I load it.
(Talking from memory here) I remember I needed to exit Demul properly (by menu -> exit or equivalent) if I went into service mode to change settings for a game. Otherwise (in my script I exit brutally with an ALT+F4 or process close) settings are not saved by the emulator

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Music GunGun2 works great! Thank you again!

DMB77

• Offline Offline
So I got Let's go Island working, it runs smooth, and the dual guns are amazing, thanks!  However the gun calibration is off, and I noticed that the machine gun fire is slightly to the left of the cross hairs.  I followed the everything in the DemulShooter 6.6 readme but I cannot enter test mode.  I've tried checking the test mode box in DumbJVSManager(0.7) but when I go to start the game the screen just stays black.  Same thing with running test mode in Game Loader All RH.  If i enter the game and hit 9(for test) the game exits (using Game Loader All RH 267), the 1 and 2 start keys work fine, 8 does nothing.  Did I miss something?

*edit I fixed the problem of the machine gun fire being slightly to the left of the cross hairs, by changing my resolution.  I still need to calibrate the guns though.  The test mode has eluded me.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 10:14:24 pm by DMB77 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
6.7 update :
- Fearland is now fully playable : shoot is working in level select, with secondary weapons (laser,...) and mini-game (bomb wire....)
  Added middle mouse  button action to act like the original gun side button : while pressing it, you're shooting a handgun instead of machinegun

This works with both dump of the game, although I'm still using the first one as the 2nd one crashes a lot on my computer
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 07:49:06 am by argonlefou »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
Damn that was fast Argonlefou, amazing! Great news for a Monday morning  :applaud:
Now if I can just figure out how to calibrate my guns in let's go island I'll be in shooter heaven.

bryhud

• Offline Offline
6.7 update :
- Fearland is now fully playable : shoot is working in level select, with secondary weapons (laser,...) and mini-game (bomb wire....)
  Added middle mouse  button action to act like the original gun side button : while pressing it, you're shooting a handgun instead of machinegun

This works with both dump of the game, although I'm still using the first one as the 2nd one crashes a lot on my computer

Awesome. Thanks again!  I'm on vacation till Wed night then I'll be playing!  Thanks again!!

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Wish this site had a rep button!

Awesome work man!

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 11:17:20 am
Great!!!!

Enviado desde mi SM-G532M mediante Tapatalk

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Did you try to uncheck the direct3d wrapper options in the launcher ?

Yes, I tried, also with compatiblity mode and administrator, maybe another game that won't work in win10...

bryhud

• Offline Offline
GunGun2 worked for me in Windows 10, granted I didnt test demulshooter with it but I was able to play it with a mouse.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
Just finished playing FFL in 2 player dual mode.  Worked great. Steller work Argonlefou.  As always you get it done.  Thanks for all your hard work.  I'm excited to see what the future holds.   

DMB77

• Offline Offline
I'm having trouble with DemulShooter and the model 2 emulator. Whenever I go to load a gungame like hotd,  If I change RawInput=1  both mouse cursors are stuck in the corner of the screen, and in windowed mode the mouse seems to be captured in the game, meaning i cannot select anything in the menu bar.  If I set rawInput=0 player one mouse works fine.  I have 2 Aimtrak guns and a trackball mouse connected , as well as a dual fightstick.  Setting RawDevP1=2 allows my mouse to control player 1, but my guns won't work.
* Edit  The command was one letter off and that was messing everything up.  Seems to be fixed now, except for flickering cross hairs.  When I run the DemulShooter command it only launches M2 and not the rom.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:20:16 am by DMB77 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Having the mouse captured inside the emulator (with rawinput=1) is normal, and it's the way it has been designed.
If you set rawinput=0, you'll have a "normal 1P only mouse" usage

You have to let rawinput=1
Please run demulshooter by adding a -v command, then run model2emu and after that post your debug.txt (you'll find it in demulshooter's folder) here so that I can have a look !
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 11:33:32 am by argonlefou »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
Having the mouse captured inside the emulator (with rawinput=1) is normal, and it's the way it has been designed.
If you set rawinput=0, you'll have a "normal 1P only mouse" usage

You have to let rawinput=1
Please run demulshooter by adding a -v command, then run model2emu and after that post your debug.txt (you'll find it in demulshooter's folder) here so that I can have a look !
The problem with having the mouse captured is that I have to force quit M2 to close it, thereby losing all gun calibrations and options I set in the test menu.  I also noticed that even though my cursors work with DemulShooter, there are player 1 and 2 flashing cursors in the bottom right hand corner.
Here is the debug text.This is the script I use to launch, it's probably wrong because it only launches the emulator and not the rom.

#SingleInstance force

;2p support
Run, C:\DemulShooter\demulshooter.exe -target=model2m -rom=hotd, C:\DemulShooter

,Run game
Run, C:\Games\Emulation\Model 2\emulator_multicpu.exe -rom=hotd, C:\Games\Emulation\Model 2\

GuiClose:
   GuiEscape:
   ExitApp
Return

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
The problem with having the mouse captured is that I have to force quit M2 to close it, thereby losing all gun calibrations and options I set in the test menu.
I do totally agree ! There are (at least) 2 options to able to save your calibration :
1) Plug a keyboard, then start model2 in fullscreen and when you"re done with your TEST menu, push [ESC] to go back to windowed mode and then [ALT] + E to display the emulator menu and then use your keyboard arrow to go to Exit item and push ENTER
2) Calibrate your gun with rawinput=0 without Demulshooter (P1 and P2 share same coordonates with the mouse)

Run, C:\Games\Emulation\Model 2\emulator_multicpu.exe -rom=hotd, C:\Games\Emulation\Model 2\
For model 2, just use this  ;) :
Run, C:\Games\Emulation\Model 2\emulator_multicpu.exe hotd, C:\Games\Emulation\Model 2\

I also noticed that even though my cursors work with DemulShooter, there are player 1 and 2 flashing cursors in the bottom right hand corner.
Thanks !
Unfortunatelly I see nothing wrong in the debug file...
Are you using the laatest model2 build (1.1a) ?

I'll look back into this emulator, you're not the first one having weird behaviors sometimes and I myself eperienced it a couple of time (but problems were not exactly the same)
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 01:06:38 pm by argonlefou »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
That worked beautifully, you're brilliant.  Thank you so Much!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
What worked ? saving your calibration and values, or model2 with demulshooter ?

DMB77

• Offline Offline
What worked ? saving your calibration and values, or model2 with demulshooter ?
Both, saving calibration and values, and the script to launch DemulShooter/M2. 
 I did however, notice that there are still ghost crosshairs trapped in the bottom right-hand corner but it did not affect my Gameplay at all.  The only other issue now is configuring the keys, by doing the Alt+E  method you mentioned I can get into the menu bar however to change the key cnfiguration you need to double click the mouse. Oh well.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I did however, notice that there are still ghost crosshairs trapped in the bottom right-hand corner but it did not affect my Gameplay at all.  The only other issue now is configuring the keys, by doing the Alt+E  method you mentioned I can get into the menu bar however to change the key cnfiguration you need to double click the mouse. Oh well.
As for the crosshair, I don't know if you use them or not but you can change the icon or disable them

For controls config, and if you want to set actions for one of your arcadeguns "joy button" (i.e other than mouse clicks buttons) , you can do it while running model2 one time without rawinput enable : aimtrak/arcadeguns buttons will be seen as joysticks so rawinput has no effect on it.
Once your configuration saved, you can put rawinput=1 again and play normally

DMB77

• Offline Offline
I actually used your script to turn off the crosshairs and that works great, but those ghost ones in the corner still stay there I'm not sure why. Like I said it's no big deal it doesn't affect gameplay and it's not really noticeable and thanks for the idea how to set the player 1 and 2 start to my joystick,  This forum/thread is amazing, I've learned so much about emulators and light guns!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2017, 05:30:05 pm by DMB77 »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Does anyone know if someone has created an HD patch for Silent Hill yet to improve the resolution? I was just curious.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Just FYI, RPCS3 (PS3 emulator) is getting closer and closer to being able to emulate games like Dead Storm Pirates, Time Crisis Raising Storm, HOTD4, etc. They currently run at low FPS, but hopefully will be fully playable in the not so distant future. I'm pretty sure RPCS3 has mouse support as well.  Would be awesome additions to the Demulshooter library ;D

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I actually used your script to turn off the crosshairs and that works great, but those ghost ones in the corner still stay there I'm not sure why. Like I said it's no big deal it doesn't affect gameplay and it's not really noticeable and thanks for the idea how to set the player 1 and 2 start to my joystick,  This forum/thread is amazing, I've learned so much about emulators and light guns!
Hmmm in your EMULATOR.INI file, there's a DrawCross=1 option
Did you try to set it to 0 ? This may be the cause for ghost crosshair (this option displays crosshair of his own, it is not related to the installed scripts crosshairs)

Well, at least you can play   :)

Does anyone know if someone has created an HD patch for Silent Hill yet to improve the resolution? I was just curious.
I remember playing with GameLoader All RH resolution settings for Silent Hill, I easily managed to obtain HI-res in game.
Unfortunately by doing so, the cutscenes were awfully cropped so I switch back to default res

Just FYI, RPCS3 (PS3 emulator) is getting closer and closer to being able to emulate games like Dead Storm Pirates, Time Crisis Raising Storm, HOTD4, etc. They currently run at low FPS, but hopefully will be fully playable in the not so distant future. I'm pretty sure RPCS3 has mouse support as well.  Would be awesome additions to the Demulshooter library ;D
Well, again, it would be even better for RCPS3 to add native rawinput support. ;)
This beeing said, we'll see in a few years when games will really be playable ;D

DMB77

• Offline Offline
"Hmmm in your EMULATOR.INI file, there's a DrawCross=1 option
Did you try to set it to 0 ? This may be the cause for ghost crosshair (this option displays crosshair of his own, it is not related to the installed scripts crosshairs)"

Strangely enough this only happens in house of the dead. I think it was still happening even with DrawcCoss=0 but I'm not sure, I'll double check when I get home from work.

As a side note does anyone know if there is any possible way to get 2 players in The Ocean Hunter or L.A. Machineguns on supermodel (Sega model 3)?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
As a side note does anyone know if there is any possible way to get 2 players in The Ocean Hunter or L.A. Machineguns on supermodel (Sega model 3)?
Yes, supermodel natively supports rawinput and is working great with The Lost World
It's not very user friendly, you have to modify the emulator config file.
I'll post you mine later today

DMB77

• Offline Offline
Yeah I think I had Jurassic Park 2 player working(I'll have to double check). For the ocean hunter I tried editing the.ini file like Darth Marino suggested in this video   but all I got was both guns mapped to player 1 the player 2 cursor wouldn't work.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 02:27:52 pm by DMB77 »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
hi! I couldnt get rid of the Direct3d error for Music Gungun2, I'm in windows 10, anyone had this problem?
Argonlefou, It's possible to hide the amunition numbers near the sight you said in Fright Fear Land? I didn't noticed before
I will have to play this game without autofire, I guess if I set it to supereasy will be playable this way, I'll try...

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Anyone have any issue with FrightFearLand using 6.7? In the first path on the Monster Train level (3rd part) it will crash the game.exe every time shortly after the monster train starts to attack. This is on both the original game and the updated one. When I go back to 6.5 I dont see this problem and I am able to beat the train. Then of course the paths need to be random and the other gun features that were implemented in 6.7 dont work anymore.

Thanks

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Argonlefou, It's possible to hide the amunition numbers near the sight you said in Fright Fear Land? I didn't noticed before
I will have to play this game without autofire, I guess if I set it to supereasy will be playable this way, I'll try...
Working on it, I found some clues in the code but I lack free time these days, and this is not an esay task.
I can't simply blank the numbers texture as this texture is used for everything else (timer, continue, hostages, etc...)

Anyone have any issue with FrightFearLand using 6.7? In the first path on the Monster Train level (3rd part) it will crash the game.exe every time shortly after the monster train starts to attack. This is on both the original game and the updated one. When I go back to 6.5 I dont see this problem and I am able to beat the train. Then of course the paths need to be random and the other gun features that were implemented in 6.7 dont work anymore.

Thanks
I didn't play the whole game so I can't answer you now but I'll try ASAP !