Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976394 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
Got Gundam working in dual screen mode.  Pretty damm cool.  Thanks for working on this.  Just a few questions.

1. How do you exit the game when not using GameLaucher? If i'm in dual screen using GameLauncher I just hit escape but when I'm in single screen mode and want to exit the game I have to go to task manager and force exit it.
2. How do you get crosshair working in dual mode on a single screen?  2 player doesn't have a crosshair or cursor.  Is there a wa to fix that?
3. How do you calibrate for player 2 in game menu? When you click on it, it just goes to a black screen. I can calibrate player 1 but not player 2 in single screen mode game menu options. I only ask because to me it seems player 2 in  single screen mode could use a little calibration (seems a little off).  Thanks
1. ALT+F4.....or process kill by script, I didn't find something else. And, by the way, single screen mode works very weel too with single screen exe  ;)
2. Hmm weird...there's a crosshair for both players, what's why I made a no-crosshair patch (I hate this !). Try to redownload the game maybe ?
3. On gun settings menu, you have a line for each : "1P gun adjustment" and "2P gun adjustment". You have to select the one you want and you'll have a white square to shoot at, whereas the other player as a blackscreen. But seriously, I'd highly advise you not to mess with calibration with the dualscreen exe....it's just simple maths : just be aware that for the real game , pointing the gun to the middle of your screen would mean....in the middle of the game screen so in the middle of P1 half-screen
Moreover, I didn't try to find where data are stored but I think data are shared between single screen and dual screen exe so I higlky advise you to make a copy of your whole Gundam folder and mess with the calibration on the copy

All i did was open up dxwnd, click on add. Set both Path's Path to LGI_RingW_F_safe.exe and Launch path to LGI_RignW_F_Safe.exe.  Then clicked on fullscreen only box.  Clicked on Run in window box.  My Position settings in the main tab were X:70 Y:70 W:1680 H:1050 (I imagine this would depend on your monitor's resolution).  In the bottom right corner I clicked on the desktop circle. In video I set screen resolution to HDMI modes and clicked on both initial and max resolution. In input tab I clicked on correct mouse box, keep cursor within window and keep cursor fixed box.  Then clicked okay. At this point you click on the file you just created (probably titled "Let's Go Island") and select run. You'll get an error message (that's okay).  Then just leave DXWnd open, don't exit out (don't need to do anything with it moving forward other than just having Dxwnd open).  Then go back to Tecknoparrot emulator, set your settings, and load Let's Go Island and it should load up at that point.  Let me know if i'm not making sense.
If that makes sense ? of course !! I was not aware that even closed, DxWnd will intercept running exe to be windowed  :o
So I'll give you credits for the next few lines: because thanks to you... you can now play Lets Go Island with 2 Aimtraks and demulshooter  ;D

That's the 6.3 update here.
You can set joypad to nothing for both players on DumbJvsManager, and just map the keybard for Start buttons and service buttons
Run demulshooter and run the game TEST MODE (guns need calibration)
Once saved (the program quits), rerun demulshooter and run the game...enjoy :)

Full instruction in the README

PS:

- This is done with Loader 0.5 but it should not matter as I'm hacking the game exe directly, not the loader

« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:44:22 am by argonlefou »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
And added No Crosshair patch for Let's Go Island, on 1st message of the thread
Damn this game is so hard without any crosshair  :o

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Got Gundam working in dual screen mode.  Pretty damm cool.  Thanks for working on this.  Just a few questions.

1. How do you exit the game when not using GameLaucher? If i'm in dual screen using GameLauncher I just hit escape but when I'm in single screen mode and want to exit the game I have to go to task manager and force exit it.
2. How do you get crosshair working in dual mode on a single screen?  2 player doesn't have a crosshair or cursor.  Is there a wa to fix that?
3. How do you calibrate for player 2 in game menu? When you click on it, it just goes to a black screen. I can calibrate player 1 but not player 2 in single screen mode game menu options. I only ask because to me it seems player 2 in  single screen mode could use a little calibration (seems a little off).  Thanks
1. ALT+F4.....or process kill by script, I didn't find something else. And, by the way, single screen mode works very weel too with single screen exe  ;)
2. Hmm weird...there's a crosshair for both players, what's why I made a no-crosshair patch (I hate this !). Try to redownload the game maybe ?
3. On gun settings menu, you have a line for each : "1P gun adjustment" and "2P gun adjustment". You have to select the one you want and you'll have a white square to shoot at, whereas the other player as a blackscreen. But seriously, I'd highly advise you not to mess with calibration with the dualscreen exe....it's just simple maths : just be aware that for the real game , pointing the gun to the middle of your screen would mean....in the middle of the game screen so in the middle of P1 half-screen
Moreover, I didn't try to find where data are stored but I think data are shared between single screen and dual screen exe so I higlky advise you to make a copy of your whole Gundam folder and mess with the calibration on the copy
Hmmm? I feel like when I was using single screen exe. I would try ALT+F4 and it still wouldn't exit.  I'll mess with it again tonight. Let me know if you have any luck on your end getting a crosshair for player 2 when playing in dual mode on the single screen exe.  Thanks

All i did was open up dxwnd, click on add. Set both Path's Path to LGI_RingW_F_safe.exe and Launch path to LGI_RignW_F_Safe.exe.  Then clicked on fullscreen only box.  Clicked on Run in window box.  My Position settings in the main tab were X:70 Y:70 W:1680 H:1050 (I imagine this would depend on your monitor's resolution).  In the bottom right corner I clicked on the desktop circle. In video I set screen resolution to HDMI modes and clicked on both initial and max resolution. In input tab I clicked on correct mouse box, keep cursor within window and keep cursor fixed box.  Then clicked okay. At this point you click on the file you just created (probably titled "Let's Go Island") and select run. You'll get an error message (that's okay).  Then just leave DXWnd open, don't exit out (don't need to do anything with it moving forward other than just having Dxwnd open).  Then go back to Tecknoparrot emulator, set your settings, and load Let's Go Island and it should load up at that point.  Let me know if i'm not making sense.
If that makes sense ? of course !! I was not aware that even closed, DxWnd will intercept running exe to be windowed  :o
So I'll give you credits for the next few lines: because thanks to you... you can now play Lets Go Island with 2 Aimtraks and demulshooter  ;D

That's the 6.3 update here.
You can set joypad to nothing for both players on DumbJvsManager, and just map the keybard for Start buttons and service buttons
Run demulshooter and run the game TEST MODE (guns need calibration)
Once saved (the program quits), rerun demulshooter and run the game...enjoy :)

Full instruction in the README

PS:

- This is done with Loader 0.5 but it should not matter as I'm hacking the game exe directly, not the loader
[/quote]

Awesome that you got it working! :applaud: :applaud: Glad I could help ;D ;D And to think, before I discovered demulshooter I was super close to sending my second aimtrak gun back to Andy because I felt it wasn't worth the $ just being able to play a few MAME and Supermodel games.  Definitely worth it now.  Can't wait to test it out tonight.  I'm at work right now:( Lame! I know Reaver said he would add Raw Input support in the future, but who knows how long that might be.  Could be a week. Could be a year.  This will hold us over until then:) Thanks again

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hmmm? I feel like when I was using single screen exe. I would try ALT+F4 and it still wouldn't exit.  I'll mess with it again tonight. Let me know if you have any luck on your end getting a crosshair for player 2 when playing in dual mode on the single screen exe.  Thanks
1st ALT+F4 closes the game window and the second closes the DOS window on background. At least at homme I have to send ALT+F4 twice to close everything with my autohotkey script

And for the crosshair, as I said, I always had a crosshair for both players on DualSceen exe. From the beginning.
What's why I made no crosshair files

dgrace

• Offline Offline
1st ALT+F4 closes the game window and the second closes the DOS window on background. At least at homme I have to send ALT+F4 twice to close everything with my autohotkey script

And for the crosshair, as I said, I always had a crosshair for both players on DualSceen exe. From the beginning.
What's why I made no crosshair files

I was referring to playing in dual mode on the single screen exe., where player 2's crosshair doesn't show up.  Not in dualscreen mode.  Sorry if I wasn't more clear on that.  On dualscreen mode both cross hairs show up.  Just not on single screen.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
The TeknoParrot guy just said that he needs the Aimtrak HID info in order to add mouse support and raw input (for 2 aimtrak guns). Not sure how to get that info to him?

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
First, thank you for your great effort.

I tried demulshooter v6.3 on Let's go island testmode, but, error window appear.

It says

"Can't attach LGI_RingW_F_Safe.exe "

I did all thing that you wrote in readme.txt

No demulshooter play with joypad is well.

Am I missing something or doing wrong?

modify

Oh, although error window appear, ignore it, and dual aimtrak is playable!!!

:applaud:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 03:00:29 pm by hyo2012 »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
Is there a trick getting Lets Go island to work with the Game Loader RH?

I can get it to load the game fine but no keys are working.

I run DXWND and run the game from the parrotloader and I can play fine. Start and Test buttons work and both Aimtraks work! But RH game starts and no buttons work even though they are mapped.

RH will be much cleaner to integrate into my cab.

On a side note reaver mentioned he got the mice working and will be doing a release soon it sounds like.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I was referring to playing in dual mode on the single screen exe., where player 2's crosshair doesn't show up.  Not in dualscreen mode.  Sorry if I wasn't more clear on that.  On dualscreen mode both cross hairs show up.  Just not on single screen.
Oh, my bad ! Indeed I misunderstood..spent too much time in the code today   :laugh:
Hmm you know, I didn't event though that playing with the 2P  on a single screen would work  :lol But you can't have any crosshair here, you're playing a "ghost player" from an other cab on another screen. But game is registering shoots on your screen. What you're seeing are shots impacts  your character is seeing when a second players shoots on his screen.
There is no HUD for P2 so no crosshair

The TeknoParrot guy just said that he needs the Aimtrak HID info in order to add mouse support and raw input (for 2 aimtrak guns). Not sure how to get that info to him?
I don't know I'm not in contact with him, but Aimtrak HID are not usefull if he can use Win32 API for listing raw input devices plugged in.
That way it could be compatible with a lot more of devices, not just Aimtrak

First, thank you for your great effort.

I tried demulshooter v6.3 on Let's go island testmode, but, error window appear.

It says

"Can't attach LGI_RingW_F_Safe.exe "

I did all thing that you wrote in readme.txt

No demulshooter play with joypad is well.

Am I missing something or doing wrong?

modify

Oh, although error window appear, ignore it, and dual aimtrak is playable!!!

:applaud:
Good point ! I forgot to make a little modification on the release....
Indeed it's still working, its just that the game process is pretty long to start and DemulShooter may have trouble connecting to it first.
I'll make a small update by delaying a little the hook process. Untill then, and if you use a script to run DemuShooter and the game, you can run DemulShooter a few seconds after the game, there sould not be any error message

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

I run DXWND and run the game from the parrotloader and I can play fine. Start and Test buttons work and both Aimtraks work! But RH game starts and no buttons work even though they are mapped.

On a side note reaver mentioned he got the mice working and will be doing a release soon it sounds like.
Same issue here, but didn't have the time to check why today.
There are so many releases of TeknoPArrot and Game Loader that I hope it will be fixed soon

dgrace

• Offline Offline
No raw input yet, but close. :applaud: 

TeknoParrot 0.53 Public release out
Download: https://teknogods.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=83&t=38593

Changes:
- Fixed crash issues with keyboard by removing experimental driving code with keyboard
- You can now play Let's Go Island with mouse! Left click shoot, right click start. Cursor is hooked to the window.
- Please use DXWND to hide the cursor from the screen (there is option for this in Input)
- If Let's Go Island crashes please use dxwnd to set windowed and resolution to 1024x600 (or bigger)
- If you want to play full screen, create custom resolution from your graphics card control panel (not TeknoParrot!)
- 2nd player can still play with the gamepad with you :-)

bryhud

• Offline Offline

There are so many releases of TeknoPArrot and Game Loader that I hope it will be fixed soon

No worries, I appreciate your hard work on these!

dgrace

• Offline Offline

No worries, I appreciate your hard work on these!
I'm having the same issues as bryhud.  In Dxwnd I could play with demulshooter using both guns.  But could not figure it out in RH.  It loaded but then none of the keyboard keys worked, even though it was already mapped, nor could I use game menu options to calibrate in RH.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
In it's last update, the loader's README file is talking about conflict between TeknoPArrot's keyboard hook and loader's one....don't know if this is the cause...

As I was messing around with TeknoPArrot launcher, I found that you can run the game with a simple command line :
ParrotLoader.exe [Path_To_LGI_RingW_F_Safe.exe]

or to enter test mode:
ParrotLoader.exe [Path_To_LGI_RingW_F_Safe.exe] -TestMode

But doing so seems to get same result : no more keyboard....and more IO/board errors than usual.
so I don't know if rh launcher is running these command or if it's because of keyboard hook
Or I don't know what is running DumbJvs along with the parrotloader

Still investigating

Edit : Okay, had a quick look at the DumbJVSManager code (thanks .NET for beeing so easily reversable....)
It seems that the small white windows saying 'Game is running" when you use DumbJVSManager is the one handling DirectInput entries (joypad, keyboard...)
So just running the ParrotLoader command will bring the JVS I/O board error

I still don't know how rh loader can run the game without DumbJVSLoader and why keyboard is not responding

If thre's no way to make it work in the next week I'll end up using RH Loader (as you said, better for frontend integration) and handle myself those start and service buttons with DemulShooter  :-[
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 07:17:37 pm by argonlefou »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
In it's last update, the loader's README file is talking about conflict between TeknoPArrot's keyboard hook and loader's one....don't know if this is the cause...

As I was messing around with TeknoPArrot launcher, I found that you can run the game with a simple command line :

or to enter test mode:

But doing so seems to get same result : no more keyboard....and more IO/board errors than usual.
so I don't know if rh launcher is running these command or if it's because of keyboard hook

Still investigating

Edit : Okay, had a quick look at the DumbJVSManager code (thanks .NET for beeing so easily reversable....)
It seems that the small white windows saying 'Game is running" when you use DumbJVSManager is the one handling DirectInput entries (joypad, keyboard...)

I still don't know how rh loader can run the game without DumbJVSLoader and why keyboard is not responding

If thre's no way to make it work in the next week I'll end up using RH Loader (as you said, better for frontend integration) and handle myself those start and service buttons with DemulShooter  :-[

In RH you have to select the path for DumbJVSLoader so I believe it is using it... it just doesnt carry over the keyboard input I guess. I like the idea of using demulshooter for the controls!

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:56 am

In DemulShooter, my Aimtraks show up as:

P1Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#8&253a70e3&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P2Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1603&MI_02#8&1544c414&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}

dgrace

• Offline Offline

In DemulShooter, my Aimtraks show up as:

P1Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1601&MI_02#8&253a70e3&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P2Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1603&MI_02#8&1544c414&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}

Teknoparrot guy got one mouse working for 1 player.  Raw input is in the works. Thanks

white_ghost

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:49:20 am

or to enter test mode:

Still investigating

hello,
You need to launch in ground task dumbjvscmd.exe before launching parrotloader
simply run in another cli and see its arguments. then run parrotloader in another cli
you can find its old source v04 (sadly not updated to 053) no need to reverse
https://github.com/ReaverTeknoGods/DumbJvsBrain
but Parrot is heavily protected

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
hello,
You need to launch in ground task dumbjvscmd.exe before launching parrotloader
simply run in another cli and see its arguments. then run parrotloader in another cli
you can find its old source v04 (sadly not updated to 053) no need to reverse
https://github.com/ReaverTeknoGods/DumbJvsBrain
but Parrot is heavily protected
Hello !
Thanks for the advice ! I tried this method too yesterday, and even if DumbJvsCommand indeed bypassed the JVS I/O board error, I couldn't get keyboard keys to be functionnal.

And thanks,  I didn't know there were sources on github.
You can very easily get source code from a .NET  app in a few seconds, everything is written in clear it's not hex code...I was just looking at the 0.53 build to know the command line arguments needed to run test mode with ParrotLoader.
I don't have anything to do with Parrot itself  ;)

bryhud

• Offline Offline
263 RH loader is out. They made some change with DumbJVSManager.

I tried with TP .053 and could not get guns working.

I tried with TP .052 and guns DID work with RH. However when starting RH it opens up dumbjvsmanager and you have to hit start game which kinda sucks!

I have joysticks in my cab... will your demulshooter still work if I configure it to joystick and use that for my start buttons? or does it need to be no joy sticks for it to function correctly?

Thanks!

· TeknoParrot 0.53 Public has been released.
* 0.53 does not seem to update DumbJvsCmd.exe, so you can not operate with the mouse.
* Since there is no choice, as an alternative, I reverted to the method of starting DumbJVSManager.exe at the time of loader startup.
* Since it is activated via DumbJVSManager.exe, some functions are also disabled.
* Let's Go Island automatically hides the mouse cursor after loader startup processing is completed.
* Since I think that everyone using this Loader does not understand the correct usage, we prepared a simple setting movie until starting up.

· Please make Language.ini the default.
- Other, fixed defect fixes.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:43:22 am by PL1 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yes I Saw that, they (RH263 coders) had to make DumbJVSManager to run because today it seems we can't run ParrotLoader without it AND have keyboard or joysticksupport :(

I tried with TP .052 and guns DID work with RH. However when starting RH it opens up dumbjvsmanager and you have to hit start game which kinda sucks!

I have joysticks in my cab... will your demulshooter still work if I configure it to joystick and use that for my start buttons? or does it need to be no joy sticks for it to function correctly?

Thanks!

You can set whatever settings you want for joystick on DumbJSVManager, I wrote to set "no joystick" because it's the simplest ways but you can still use any joystick/mouse settings you want for Start buttons and Service/Test buttons.
All other inputs (axis and triggers) are blocked by demushooter int the LGI executable

I'll have some free time tomorrow, I think I'll make a quick temporary update to make DemulShooter handle some default keyboard keys...
That way I'll b able to run Jsvcommand + PArrotLoader without any GUI  nor rh loader, and have DemulShooter handle all inputs.
I'll revert back when this will be natively possible
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 12:05:59 pm by argonlefou »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Yes I Saw that, they (RH263 coders) had to make DumbJVSManager to run because today it seems we can't run ParrotLoader without it AND have keyboard or joysticksupport :(

Thanks!

You can set whatever settings you want for joystick on DumbJSVManager, I wrote to set "no joystick" because it's the simplest ways but you can still use any joystick/mouse settings you want for Start buttons and Service/Test buttons.
All other inputs (axis and triggers) are blocked by demushooter int the LGI executable

I'll have some free time tomorrow, I think I'll make a quick temporary update to make DemulShooter handle some default keyboard keys...
That way I'll b able to run Jsvcommand + PArrotLoader without any GUI  nor rh loader, and have DemulShooter handle all inputs.
I'll revert back when this will be natively possible

That sounds awesome!

I was able to test using RH262 and TP .52 with demulshooter using my joysticks for buttons and it worked! So I was able to integrate it into rocketlauncher and plays and loads fine! I still see the can't attach errors, even with fade on, but I will take it!

Thanks again for all you do!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Yeah, I'll remove those annoying popup tomorrow too.
No need for it anymore

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Yeah, I'll remove those annoying popup tomorrow too.
No need for it anymore

:o :o :o

Looking forward to it!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
DemulShooter 6.3b update :

- Removed silly messagebox poping up on start with LGI ("Can't attach LGI_RingW_F_Safe.exe" blablabla...)
- Added a temporary option to run LGI : -parrotloader :

For fronted integration, you can either run LGI with both ParrotLoader.exe + DumbJVSCommand.exe, or use "Game Loader All RH.exe"
These 2 options will prevent the game from receiving Keyboard entries if you set some in DumbJVSManager.
While this issue remains, you can run DemulShooter like this :
   demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi -parrotloader

This will block ALL inputs from ParrotLoader, and you will have acces to these buttons on the keyboard (hardcoded on DemulShooter):
[1]   ->   P1 Start
[2] ->    P2 Start
[8]   ->    Service
[9]   ->    Test

This update is more a patch to suit my needs than anything but if someone else can enjoy it.... ;)
I'll remove this command when ParrotLoader will accept inputs when running without the need of DumbJVSManager
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:30:20 am by argonlefou »

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
Not sure if I've misunderstood what you meant there, but I started Demulshooter with the command line that you posted above and it's sitting in the tray waiting for the game to load as usual, but it doesn't seem to kick in when I start the game via Game Loader All RH. I can't get it working at all though the TeknoParrot loader, so I can't test that at the moment.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
you're right, my bad...
I avoid as much as possible RH loader and I blindly though it was just running Parrot Loader, but it seems that it's modifying some of the  memory and DemulShooter is not working anymore :(

So, right now we're left with ParrotLoader+DumbjvsCommand...

If the game is crashing with PArrotLoader, try to edit the file (in LGI folder):
/data/Fraw/fwDataDBfwDataDB_Application.txt
int,WindowWidth,,,1366
int,WindowHeight,,,768
int,RenderWidth,,,800
int,RenderHeight,,,600
int,FrontendWidth,,,1024
int,FrontendHeight,,,600
int,ShadowMapSize,,,512
int,GlareMapsSize,,,1
int,FrameRateInterval,,,1
int,FullScreen,,,1
int,FullScreenDBG,,,0
int,WindowWidthP,,,1366
int,WindowHeightP,,,768
int,RenderWidthP,,,1024
int,RenderHeightP,,,512
int,FrontendWidthP,,,1366
int,FrontendHeightP,,,768
int,ParallaxSample,,,8
int,CabinetType,,,0

By changing the red value to my screens max rez. I'm able to run the game without RH Loader or DxWnd

Edit :

Just noticed Game Loader All RH is reverting back this config file to it's own format if you run it....

Edit 2:

In fact it works with game loader all RH but I have to wait 5-10sec in game before buttons can be recognized !! After that it's all good
Still, I don't know if I'm testing with 0.261/262 or 0.263. Not at home right now
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 08:50:32 am by argonlefou »

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
I could run Let's Go Island, using Game Loader All RH via demulshooter script. 8)

I follow this video in Game Loader Config.

Because of antialising and other post processing, graphics are better when playing via Game Loader All RH than original.

Anyway, I'm a little sad that not many people knows such an awesome program.

You are hero of who loves lightgun retro game. Great job. Thank you.  :applaud:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:45:35 am by PL1 »

bryhud

• Offline Offline
Tested out 6.3b today.. I am still using RH with joysticks for the buttons but the errors at the beginning are now gone as you said they would be! Very happy with the hyperspin integration now! kudos as always and thanks for all of your work!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Tested out 6.3b today.. I am still using RH with joysticks for the buttons but the errors at the beginning are now gone as you said they would be! Very happy with the hyperspin integration now! kudos as always and thanks for all of your work!

Can you explain how you got it to run via Rocketlauncher and Hyperspin? That's awesome. Thanks

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
awesome! I got it work in my windows 10 with 15 hz monitor 640x480.
I went for the parrotloader, setting the parameter for demulshooter, and works nice.
I set
int,WindowWidth,,,640
int,WindowHeight,,,480
int,RenderWidth,,,800
int,RenderHeight,,,600
int,FrontendWidth,,,1024
int,FrontendHeight,,,600
int,ShadowMapSize,,,512
int,GlareMapsSize,,,1
int,FrameRateInterval,,,1
int,FullScreen,,,1
int,FullScreenDBG,,,0
int,WindowWidthP,,,640
int,WindowHeightP,,,480
int,RenderWidthP,,,1024
int,RenderHeightP,,,512
int,FrontendWidthP,,,640
int,FrontendHeightP,,,480
int,ParallaxSample,,,8
int,CabinetType,,,0

And the aiming actually is right, but when you cont shoot and the "noshoot" crosshair appears is off at left.
Any chance to get this corrected, or to hide the "noshoot" crosshair?

I realized that if I set
int,FrontendWidth,,,640
int,FrontendHeight,,,480
The "noshoot" corsshair is aligned, and the game size its ok, but the splashes and the menus are bigger than screen and shows cut.
I tried some combinations but no joy..
I know it is nothing really imporant but it's a bit confusing for my nephews. jeje

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I'm not sure I understood it right, but you can try this joined file (unpack, backup and replace existing file in \data\acroarts\2D\ subfolder of LGI game folder
It's a modified version of the no-crosshair file I've made, but only "non shoot crosshair" icons were removed

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I will try tomorow, but i have already replaced this file,and works fine,  but only hided the crosshair when you can shoot, not when you can't.

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
Probably a noob question but how do you run DemulShooter with Demul 2 player gun games? I ran the exe, set up and saved both guns in the configuration and left it running, but both guns/cursors are linked in the game.  Do you have to run it command line, and if so how?  I'm on Win 7 with Demul 0.7a and Demulshooter 6.3  Thanks.
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Probably a noob question but how do you run DemulShooter with Demul 2 player gun games? I ran the exe, set up and saved both guns in the configuration and left it running, but both guns/cursors are linked in the game.  Do you have to run it command line, and if so how?  I'm on Win 7 with Demul 0.7a and Demulshooter 6.3  Thanks.
Indeed the GUI is just here tu select guns and settings.
You have to run it from a command line each time you run Demul, with a command like this one :
demlshooter.exe - target=demul07a -rom=confmiss

Look at the README file to see what are the argument needed for each game/emulator

dgrace

• Offline Offline
I could run Let's Go Island, using Game Loader All RH via demulshooter script. 8)

I follow this video in Game Loader Config.

Because of antialising and other post processing, graphics are better when playing via Game Loader All RH than original.

Anyway, I'm a little sad that not many people knows such an awesome program.

You are hero of who loves lightgun retro game. Great job. Thank you.  :applaud:

Thanks for your video tutorial and your settings to improve the HD settings via GameLoader All rh 263.  I set mine to 1920x1080p and it looked pretty crisp and thank you Argonlefou for all your hard work on this. Just beat it in 2 player dual mode and it was awesome. I haven't tried it with 0.54 yet (i'm afraid to).  I am still using 0.53.  I guess, if it ain't broke:) I also love that cheat mode in RH 263 which appears to give you infinite life:)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:46:37 am by PL1 »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I'm not sure I understood it right, but you can try this joined file (unpack, backup and replace existing file in \data\acroarts\2D\ subfolder of LGI game folder
It's a modified version of the no-crosshair file I've made, but only "non shoot crosshair" icons were removed

Many thanks, that's it, but changing this file the "you can shoot" crosshair is visible. I would like both crosshairs ("you can yoot" and "you can't shoot") hidden.
Also, what do yo use to modify this type of files?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline

Many thanks, that's it, but changing this file the "you can shoot" crosshair is visible. I would like both crosshairs ("you can yoot" and "you can't shoot") hidden.
Also, what do yo use to modify this type of files?
Wow that weird...the file I put on the first page/message should have no crosshair at all for "you can shoot" and " you cannot shoot". The file I posted this morning indeed had just "you cannot" removed
I'll check tomorrow if the file is the good one

To mod it I oppenned it with an hex editor, and you can clearly see that there are DDS header (dds are texture files).
So i extracted hex part to dds files, looked at them in GIMP. This file contains only 6 texture, 3 crosshairs for each players
So as I didn't want to spend time figuring out how to unpack/repack the file, I just fill with 0 the data parts of the desired textures in the file

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
Indeed the GUI is just here tu select guns and settings.
You have to run it from a command line each time you run Demul, with a command like this one :
demlshooter.exe - target=demul07a -rom=confmiss

Look at the README file to see what are the argument needed for each game/emulator
Thanks for the clarification. I don't understand how to run DemulShooter through the commandline. Is there a video or walkthrough with images, I'm a visual learner lol.  Also I use Launchbox to run my games, could I, in theory, enter the command line argument under that?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 09:07:28 am by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Teknoparrot 0.54a was just released for Patrons. Supposedly it has support for Dream Raiders. Not sure if anyone has got it working yet? Would make an epic addition to Demulshooter:) Gonna test it out later this afternoon. Dream Raiders dump was released recently. Let us know if anyone has any luck getting it to work.