Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976730 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:34:56 am
Any way to get Sega Model 2 widescreen to work with 2 guns?, been trying but it seems like it only want to calibrate propertly to 4:3.
Hello, can you be a little more specific about your issue ?
Model2 Widescreen ? Is it mod for ROMs (like demul), or Model2 fullscreen res set to 16/9 instead of a 4:3 fullscreen with black borders ?
Is it only not working with dual guns ? is it working with only one ?
What is the exact "calibration" issue ? Gun is not recognized ? Offset ?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:11:51 am by PL1 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Well, it's working !  :)
You'll find here DemulShooter_5.1 with Aliens: Etermination support

To make it short :

DemulShooter5.1
- Run Aimtrak and verify that your guns are seen correctly
- If yes, run demulshooter with : demulshooter.exe -target=globalvr -rom=aliens
- Run the game with the shortcut to abhrelease.exe
- Enjoy !
- You can uninstall PPjoy if it's OK

LeftMouse (Aimtrak) = Fire
RightMouse(Aimtrak) = Grenade

Note: I have to unplug/replug my Aimtrak once the VM has started, it's not recognized if it's already plugged

Please do not ask me a lot of question about all the installation process of the game and any VirtualBox issue and frontend integration...
But do not hesitate for all question related to DemulShooter with the game
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:14:23 am by PL1 »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 12:08:57 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Wow! You da man! I had zero doubt whether you would figure it out. But Damn, that was fast!  I finally figured out how to get one player working last night with the Aimtrak gun in VM.  Can't wait to play in 2 player dual mode tonight with my son.  Quick question (I apologize if this question is inappropriate).  Is there a way for demulshooter to correct the fullscreen issues with this game? Unless someone's already fixed it? Based on my understanding people can only play in windowed mode, at best (but I could be wrong).  I also heard someone figured out how to get 4k settings.  Unbelievable.  Anyways, as usual, thanks again for all that you do for the lightgun community (if that makes sense:) ;D ;D.).  I'm still working on my 4 player arcade cabinet and I guarantee Demulshooter is going to be a big part of it. Because let's be honest, light gun games are a 1,000 times more fun in 2 player dual mode.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:15:20 am by PL1 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I quickly tried the different patches for changing resolution but it had no effect on my laptop.

I'll run some more tests tomorrow, and if I find how, I could turn DemulShooter into a launcher for the game in the VM and changing directly the resolution

Oh, and I forgot an important step earlier ! You have to go in service menu and run a gun calibration so that the crosshairs are aligned with the Guns.
I just did it once for each player and the game seemed to saved it. But ,once, I brutally closed the VM and the games lost the SERVICE values (calibration, freeplay...)....I don't really know how it works

To go in service menu : [5]
Up and down in menu : [9] and [ 0]
Validate : [6]
Start 1P & 2P : [1] and [2]
Credits are L-CTRL, L-SHIFT, L-ALT
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:49:53 am by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
I quickly tried the different patches for changing resolution but it had no effect on my laptop.

I'll run some more tests tomorrow, and if I find why, I could make DemulShooter as a launcher for the game in the VM and changing directly the resolution

Oh, and I forgot an important step earlier ! You have to go in service menu and run a gun calibration so that the crosshairs are aligned with the Guns.
I just did it once for each player and the game seemed to saved it. But ,once, I brutally closed the VM and the games lost the SERVICE values (calibration, freeplay...)....I don't really know how it works

To go in service menu : [5]
Up and down in menu : [9] and [ 0]
Validate : [6]
Start 1P & 2P : [1] and [2]
Credits are L-CTRL, L-SHIFT, L-ALT

Thanks ... So, were you only able to play it with a small screen or at least in full windowed mode?

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
To make it full screen hit the HOST button + F

Host is usually right control button. That should put it in full screen. Then do HOST + Q and shut down the VM. When you start it next time it should be in full screen

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks ... So, were you only able to play it with a small screen or at least in full windowed mode?
Yesterday I was just getting a windowed game :
with default .exe, the game stays in 800x600 in the center (or bottom left) of the screen. Eben with a fullscreen 1080p VM

I finally looked at the video explaining how to use patched files to modify the game resolution and it's working now
I looked into the modified exe and found why.
The good news is I can make a resolution selector tool so that everyone can generate an exe corresponding to their wanted resolution.
The bad news is, it will be based on those modified HD exe and the memory values I found yesterday for DemulShooter have changed too....I need to search them again  ;D

I'm also finalizing a pre-packed VM image with demulshooter, aimtrak etc....so that it will be easy to use

To make it full screen hit the HOST button + F

Host is usually right control button. That should put it in full screen. Then do HOST + Q and shut down the VM. When you start it next time it should be in full screen
Yes, exactly, and you can even disable all VirtualBox Icons.
But I was just replacing the abhRelease.exe blindly in default folder with HD files and by doing this you'll not have a fullscreen game even with a fullscreen VM  :)

« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:17:13 am by PL1 »

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
You sir are a Legend.
Great stuff!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
Amazing! I haven't it working yet, I have a problem with topgun drivers, I need sp3, tomorrow Ill try to install it in the vm.

On the other hand, wouln't this be the way of playing silent hill the arcade on windows 10? Through the vm?

Also i'm on a 640x480 screen and with vm in fullscreen and windowed too Isee the game cut, as it is at 800x600 or so

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
Tested this out, seems to work amazingly well!! I just want to say a big thanks. Will do some more testing tonight! :applaud:

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Just tested it out.  Calibrating player 2 in game was a bit tricky but once I got it calibrated it worked perfectly and stayed calibrated even after exiting the VM and reopening it and reloading the game.  Kudos to Argonlefou! Amazing work.  Hopefully they fix the fullscreen issue but the windowed mode does the trick for now :applaud: :applaud: :applaud:

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
Just tried this on my laptop but keep getting this error message when I launch the AHK?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Just tried this on my laptop but keep getting this error message when I launch the AHK?
WindowsXp can't run the game because it needs more RAM (or virtual memory/pagefile/swap) than it can use
If you didn't forget to set at least 1024Mb for the VM's RAM, it may be because your laptop has not enough RAM to allocate that much for the VM and the Host RAM together

You can try to make a bigger pagefile swap file in WindowsXP, look here :
https://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/sysdm_advancd_perform_change_vmpagefile.mspx?mfr=true

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
Ahh yeah that got it! Some how it defaulted back to 192mb and I had not noticed!  :banghead:

Cheers Argonlefou, Again you are awesome! :D

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Another small customization for Aliens VM : you can change the VirtualBox Bios Logo displayed at start by any 640x480 8bits bmp
https://www.eightforums.com/virtualization/6818-how-replace-bios-logo-picture-virtualbox.html
As opposed as what is said in the article, I had not the <Logo> line already there, so just add it in the <BIOS> section
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 05:04:12 am by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Just beat Aliens Extermination in 2 player dual mode with my 4 year old.  So awesome!.  Thanks again.

On a side note, I apologize if someone's already asked this question; is there any way to do custom crosshairs for Demul light gun games with different crosshair colors for each player like you have set up for Sega Model 2 games (i.e. for MOK, HOTD2, Ranger Mission, Confidential Mission, etc.)? Just curious.

fire10

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 19, 2020, 01:06:33 pm
Absolutely Incredible work I cannot wait to try this on my days off, TOP TOP Job thankyou!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Just beat Aliens Extermination in 2 player dual mode with my 4 year old.  So awesome!.  Thanks again.

On a side note, I apologize if someone's already asked this question; is there any way to do custom crosshairs for Demul light gun games with different crosshair colors for each player like you have set up for Sega Model 2 games (i.e. for MOK, HOTD2, Ranger Mission, Confidential Mission, etc.)? Just curious.
Not as easily...it would require a huge directX dll hack and a lot of dependencies to make it work, and it would break the program's compatibility with older systems.
Model2 offers acces to the inner graphic engine with LUA scripts, that's why it's possible

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Sorry another question related with my crt guns...

I'm still trying to make Aliens exterminations work, sometimes it crashed, and when I got it work lightguns seemed not to work inside the game nor in the setup
Inside xp, I cant use aimtrack utility, I had to install smog's Guncon2pc driver, (because for Topgun driver I needsp3)  but they are properly detected by demulshooter).

On the other hand, to solve the flashing problem in crt guns, I was thinking about simulate the guns in two joysticks with the trigger delayed via glovepie+ppjoy or something like this, do you think would work?
What do you think about compatibility because I think Aimtrak utility has the option of emulating guns though joysticks instead of mice, but I don't know if this is used at all.
I know in Nuvee plugin, when you adquire some gun, there's a message that says " use your joystick as a guncon" or something similar, has something to do with?
I think in mame you can map lightguns like joysticks, but would I get offset problems?
In Demulshooter would them work as joysticks or must be mice?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Sorry another question related with my crt guns...

I'm still trying to make Aliens exterminations work, sometimes it crashed, and when I got it work lightguns seemed not to work inside the game nor in the setup
Inside xp, I cant use aimtrack utility, I had to install smog's Guncon2pc driver, (because for Topgun driver I needsp3)  but they are properly detected by demulshooter).
So if your guns are properly detected by demulshooter, next step would be to try with the GUI to activate TopGuns offset and check the box so that it will pop a crosshair on the desktop when you push the trigger.
Detected is not the same as "working"
If this is working, try to add the -v command to run demulshooter with aliens and put the log here

On the other hand, to solve the flashing problem in crt guns, I was thinking about simulate the guns in two joysticks with the trigger delayed via glovepie+ppjoy or something like this, do you think would work?
What do you think about compatibility because I think Aimtrak utility has the option of emulating guns though joysticks instead of mice, but I don't know if this is used at all.
I know in Nuvee plugin, when you adquire some gun, there's a message that says " use your joystick as a guncon" or something similar, has something to do with?
I think in mame you can map lightguns like joysticks, but would I get offset problems?
In Demulshooter would them work as joysticks or must be mice?
Once again, I can't say for your CRT guns as I don't know how they work exactly.
I can just answer to one thing : Aimtrak will not work by emulating a Joystick, as Joystick Mode outputs values with relative positionning, and DemulShooter can only work with absolute positionning.

DemulShooter can still see the device though, as the GUI is listing all devices supporting rawinput.
But you'll not receive any working data
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 03:59:40 am by argonlefou »

zerohex

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 03, 2021, 01:39:59 pm
Great work on this app and the instructions.  I was able to get dual aimtraks working on dolphin.  One key thing I noticed with aimtraks is mapping the 2nd aimtrak trigger to left mouse click resulted in it not firing.  So, I switched it to right click and switched the control mapping in Dolphin to the corresponding letter and it worked perfectly after that.

Thanks again for a great app.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Hi, I have little problems with the vm image. I'm pretty unexpert withvirtualbox but I think my configuration is correct:

1024MB PIIX3 Mouse PS/2 I/O APIC
128MB 3d 2d acceleration
IDE (PIIX4) Aliens.vhd(IDE primary master) CDEmpty(IDE primary Slave)
Direct Sound AC97
USB1.1

I'm getting windows Xp crashing when I run the game exe or the ahk. I think is the 640x480 patch but I tried with others and it crash too.
I only have to replace the original exe from C:/ALIENS/ or I have to do the trick on the video?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:22:57 am by PL1 »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
And what do you think about doing win98 vm image for running the quake and hs mods? As they were made to work with Actlabs gs gunsystem (as I've read worked two player in w98)
Do you think would work? if you think so I will try

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
Thank you so much for all your work!  :) Just picked up a pair of guns from arcadeguns.com , basically the same as Aimtrack.  Any idea how to get these working in the  Aliens Extermination vhd posted here?  Super excited to play this game.
*Update*  Both my guns are detected using the Aimtrack utility, however when I start the game, only the trigger(left mouse) button works.  I have tried calibrating in the test menu but it doesn't seem to recognize my guns there.  Any ideas?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 10:56:38 am by DMB77 »
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi, I have little problems with the vm image. I'm pretty unexpert withvirtualbox but I think my configuration is correct:

1024MB PIIX3 Mouse PS/2 I/O APIC
128MB 3d 2d acceleration
IDE (PIIX4) Aliens.vhd(IDE primary master) CDEmpty(IDE primary Slave)
Direct Sound AC97
USB1.1

I'm getting windows Xp crashing when I run the game exe or the ahk. I think is the 640x480 patch but I tried with others and it crash too.
I only have to replace the original exe from C:/ALIENS/ or I have to do the trick on the video?
Those settings seenms fine to me.

As for the patch, the trick on the video is already done on my prepacked image, so as I wrote in the README.txt you only need to replace
C:\ALIENS\abhRelease.exe

What kind of crash ?

And what do you think about doing win98 vm image for running the quake and hs mods? As they were made to work with Actlabs gs gunsystem (as I've read worked two player in w98)
Do you think would work? if you think so I will try
I can't say ... but you can try and tell us :)

Thank you so much for all your work!  :) Just picked up a pair of guns from arcadeguns.com , basically the same as Aimtrack.  Any idea how to get these working in the  Aliens Extermination vhd posted here?  Super excited to play this game.
*Update*  Both my guns are detected using the Aimtrack utility, however when I start the game, only the trigger(left mouse) button works.  I have tried calibrating in the test menu but it doesn't seem to recognize my guns there.  Any ideas?
So, inside the virtual machine, Aimtrak utility is seeing your guns AND you used demulshooter's GUI to select 1P and 2P gun ?
If so, you can edit the .ahk launcher script and add a -v option to run demulshooter, then try to move and shoot a little, then stop the game, navigate to demulshooter's folder to retrieve and join here your debug.txt so that I can have a look
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:24:07 am by PL1 »

DMB77

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 10:26:05 am
Thanks for all your help.  I actually got everything working spectacularly, however somewhere along the line I messed up the VM so now when I click the Aimtrak utility it hangs (not responding) until I unplug my guns, also my guns we're no longer responsive when plugged in. It's definitely trial and error. I would like to figure out how to replicate this VM but make it larger(and maybe do a win 7 32bit) so I can also include the Silent Hill arcade game in it the way you have set it up.
Fate flies in fear of the moment

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks for all your help.  I actually got everything working spectacularly, however somewhere along the line I messed up the VM so now when I click the Aimtrak utility it hangs (not responding) until I unplug my guns, also my guns we're no longer responsive when plugged in. It's definitely trial and error. I would like to figure out how to replicate this VM but make it larger(and maybe do a win 7 32bit) so I can also include the Silent Hill arcade game in it the way you have set it up.
If it can help, I had this kind of issue with the gun when I first set USB filter with a generic "all devices" in Vbox settings.
Then, I set 2 filters (one for each gun specifically) instead and it worked fine. Don't know why though...

If you want to enlarge the image, just follow this : https://www.howtogeek.com/124622/how-to-enlarge-a-virtual-machines-disk-in-virtualbox-or-vmware/
I did it with the initial image I downloaded

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I cant get it work yet. I tried in 2 different pcs and the same problem: crashes almost anytime. It seems the first run after booting the host it sometimes works, very strange.
When crashing, sometimes I get a fast blue screen and sometimes red, but too fast to read.
My lightguns are detected by demulshooter in the guest, and i can see the crosshair in the actlabs centeringtab, but the few times I could run the game guns didnt work, nor in service calibration screen.

Does it matter if mouse or tablet selected in vm options?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I cant get it work yet. I tried in 2 different pcs and the same problem: crashes almost anytime. It seems the first run after booting the host it sometimes works, very strange.
When crashing, sometimes I get a fast blue screen and sometimes red, but too fast to read.
My lightguns are detected by demulshooter in the guest, and i can see the crosshair in the actlabs centeringtab, but the few times I could run the game guns didnt work, nor in service calibration screen.

Does it matter if mouse or tablet selected in vm options?
I'm not a pro with VirtualBox, I don't know if mouse/tablet is a relavant option  :(

Did you try to run the game without DemulShooter ? you can edit the .ahk scrit and comment the line for DemulShooter. It will run the game and you'll still have the ESC button to quit
If the game does not run without DemulShooter, I'll suggest you to go to the initial website and get the original vm disk and try this one

So 1st, try to make the game work and then only you will be able to use DemulShooter

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
I came across this glorious thread and had to log in to thank you argonlefou.

This is a spectacular piece of work and your commitment to the cause and willingness to extend your projects scope is commendable.

I'm looking forward to giving my aimtraks a new lease of life in the 2 player arena in particular. 

Thanks so much for your work.

:cheers:

You really should set up a paypal account so we can pay for your work.  It really does increase our hardware's value significantly.

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
Hello to everyone.

I have been a longtime reader of this site, but I have finally become a member as I wanted to comment on this thread. I would really like to ask argonlefou if it would be possible to add joystick input to Demulshooter.

I and I am sure many other people don't have the budget to get a pair of aimtraks or similar. Up until now I have been using a Wiimote/Dolphinbar/Touchmote combo in mouse mode to be able to play lightgun games in MAME, M2emulator etc... The downside of that is that it would only support single player as neither the Dolphinbar nor Touchmote support multiple mice.

Recently a LaunchBox user named tsoukkis updated Touchmote to allow near line-of-sight shooting while emulating a gamepad. Finally, I have been able to play all the 2 player shooting games in MAME with a pair of Wiimotes! It also works perfectly with Supermodel, the Sega Model 3 emulator!

I then went on to test m2emulator, but to my dismay I realised it only support mouse input, so the joystick method would not work. I then came across the program "Troubleshooter 2" which looks as though is may have been just what I was looking for except it doesn't seem to support either Windows 10 x64, the latest version of m2emulator, or Demul. I then found your software which seems to take over from "Troubleshooter 2", except for the fact that "Only mice-like devices, supporting rawinput data will be listed".

So, I am humbly begging on bended knee for your help.

I'm truly sorry for the novel of a first post.

apzonerunner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2017, 02:48:23 am
Hey folks! Excuse my ignorance, but I'm quite new to this and am struggling to make it work entirely as intended... so!

I've got two Aimtrak guns; they're calibrated and work great in MAME, so that's good. I'm now keen to get them working with Model 2 Emulator and Demul, and this seems like the solution.

So far, I've managed to make a bat file that launches DemulShooter, then launches Demul and boots into Confidential Mission. This works great, though I'm only getting a consistent shooting experience with one of my two guns. The P1 side works great and shows a smooth mouse cursor (Is there a way to change this to a gunsight, or turn it off?), but the other gun has the cursor flickering like mad and I'm not quite sure how to deal with it/get it to properly work.

I'm having less luck with M2, where the cursors end up stuck in the corners and will move from corner to corner but never actually track the gun properly. I know these are likely obvious problems with obvious fixes, which is why I'm asking, honestly - I'm still green to this light gun lark and am struggling with this compared to how plug-and-play MAME was.

My front end is AttractMode, and I figure I can basically make that pick up a folder full of BAT files that'll launch these games with DemulShooter rather than make it read the ROMs directly, so that's okay.

This program seems amazing so far all the same, but some help with my newbie questions would be much appreciated. :)

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
For m2 have you enabled dual mice in the ini?

As for confidential mission it sounds more like a tracking issue does it do the same in mame?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hello to everyone.

I have been a longtime reader of this site, but I have finally become a member as I wanted to comment on this thread. I would really like to ask argonlefou if it would be possible to add joystick input to Demulshooter.

I and I am sure many other people don't have the budget to get a pair of aimtraks or similar. Up until now I have been using a Wiimote/Dolphinbar/Touchmote combo in mouse mode to be able to play lightgun games in MAME, M2emulator etc... The downside of that is that it would only support single player as neither the Dolphinbar nor Touchmote support multiple mice.

Recently a LaunchBox user named tsoukkis updated Touchmote to allow near line-of-sight shooting while emulating a gamepad. Finally, I have been able to play all the 2 player shooting games in MAME with a pair of Wiimotes! It also works perfectly with Supermodel, the Sega Model 3 emulator!

I then went on to test m2emulator, but to my dismay I realised it only support mouse input, so the joystick method would not work. I then came across the program "Troubleshooter 2" which looks as though is may have been just what I was looking for except it doesn't seem to support either Windows 10 x64, the latest version of m2emulator, or Demul. I then found your software which seems to take over from "Troubleshooter 2", except for the fact that "Only mice-like devices, supporting rawinput data will be listed".

So, I am humbly begging on bended knee for your help.

I'm truly sorry for the novel of a first post.
Hello and welcome !

Don't be affraid to ask for updates, that's how things get better :)
As for your request, it may be indeed a good idea. Not sure if it can be done with any Joystick (usually they are working with rellative movements and it's pain in the ass for gun / calibration), but unfortunatelly the biggest problem here is : I don't posses any dolphin bar nor Wii controller....thus I can't use the software you're talking about, I can't see how is it creating Joystick outputs (is it creating virtual joystick in windows system ? is it sending output directly to emulators/games? How are Joystick data formated ? etc...), and so I can't do anything on my side  :-\

That's the reason why I made it for Aimtrak first, simply because I had the needed hardware

Hey folks! Excuse my ignorance, but I'm quite new to this and am struggling to make it work entirely as intended... so!

I've got two Aimtrak guns; they're calibrated and work great in MAME, so that's good. I'm now keen to get them working with Model 2 Emulator and Demul, and this seems like the solution.

So far, I've managed to make a bat file that launches DemulShooter, then launches Demul and boots into Confidential Mission. This works great, though I'm only getting a consistent shooting experience with one of my two guns. The P1 side works great and shows a smooth mouse cursor (Is there a way to change this to a gunsight, or turn it off?), but the other gun has the cursor flickering like mad and I'm not quite sure how to deal with it/get it to properly work.

I'm having less luck with M2, where the cursors end up stuck in the corners and will move from corner to corner but never actually track the gun properly. I know these are likely obvious problems with obvious fixes, which is why I'm asking, honestly - I'm still green to this light gun lark and am struggling with this compared to how plug-and-play MAME was.

My front end is AttractMode, and I figure I can basically make that pick up a folder full of BAT files that'll launch these games with DemulShooter rather than make it read the ROMs directly, so that's okay.

This program seems amazing so far all the same, but some help with my newbie questions would be much appreciated. :)
For Demul (Confidential mission) :
1) Don't look at the cursors  (if this is windows pointer cursor) : windows can't handle more than one cursor at the time so you'll always have a flickering when using 2 Aimtrak at once in games.
2)There is a bug in Demul : if you check the option to autostart in full screen, the cursor stay visible on top on the windows (whereas if you start in windowed mode and do ALT+ENTER the cursor is hidden). To solve this, you can use a small tool called nomousy (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=143370.0) to hide the cursor and restore it after quitting Demul.
3)I think there is a key in Demul to show/hide in-game crosshair but I don't remember which one it is, and if it's still working in the last build
4)Appart from cursor flickering, is your 2P working well in Demul ? If not be sure to use the good DemulShooter command acording to your Demul version and try to add a -v command to Demulshooter in your BAT, and join here the debug.txt file generated inside DemulShooter's folder

For model2 :
Same thing : besure to use the last version and use the good DemulShooter command (multicpu or single cpu version of the emulator)
And yes, check that you put rawinput to 1 in the ini file (look at the README.TXT in demulshooter)
There again, you can add the -v command and post your DemulShooter debug file
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 03:50:16 am by argonlefou »

a7mag3ddon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 14, 2021, 02:38:54 pm
Please can some one help? Firstly i cannot get virtual box to add the aimtrack, i go into usb filters and add it there but when i start up the aimtrack software within the VM it says device is not detected no matter if i choose usb 1.1 or 2.0 it still the same, i have tried uninstalling, re installing, updating firmware on gun to latest 9.19 and still no good.

Secondly, in demulshooter how do i set up so in naomi HOD 2 it uses the gun? i selected in drop down menu my gun and saved settings, ran demul but gun is not working.

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
Please can some one help? Firstly i cannot get virtual box to add the aimtrack, i go into usb filters and add it there but when i start up the aimtrack software within the VM it says device is not detected no matter if i choose usb 1.1 or 2.0 it still the same, i have tried uninstalling, re installing, updating firmware on gun to latest 9.19 and still no good.

Secondly, in demulshooter how do i set up so in naomi HOD 2 it uses the gun? i selected in drop down menu my gun and saved settings, ran demul but gun is not working.

Have you tried cycleing through the gun ids in the at software?

Tomkun

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 12, 2024, 09:42:52 pm
Hello and welcome !

Don't be affraid to ask for updates, that's how things get better :)
As for your request, it may be indeed a good idea. Not sure if it can be done with any Joystick (usually they are working with rellative movements and it's pain in the ass for gun / calibration), but unfortunatelly the biggest problem here is : I don't posses any dolphin bar nor Wii controller....thus I can't use the software you're talking about, I can't see how is it creating Joystick outputs (is it creating virtual joystick in windows system ? is it sending output directly to emulators/games? How are Joystick data formated ? etc...), and so I can't do anything on my side  :-\

That's the reason why I made it for Aimtrak first, simply because I had the needed hardware

Many thanks for your courtesy.
Touchmote works by emulating an XBox 360 controller. It is detected in Windows and MAME as an xinput controller and works the same as a regular joystick in that and Supermodel. The analogue sticks on the pad appear to give an absolute x/y coordinate, which I guess is how it works so well in those emulators.

a7mag3ddon

• Offline Offline
Yes I have. I only have the one gun, am I supposed to see anything in windows XP device manager ?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

a7mag3ddon

• Offline Offline

When i hover over the usb icon at the bottom right of the VM it says no USB devices attached, if i right click on it i can see all my usb devices, gun, mouse, keyboard etc but when i select ultimarc to add the gun it says failed to attach usb device with the following details.

Failed to attach the USB device Ultimarc  [00A3] to the virtual machine Alien Extermination.

USB device 'Ultimarc' with UUID {519599cf-533d-449b-9d10-50b7028c1bf3} is busy with a previous request. Please try again later.

Result Code: E_INVALIDARG (0x80070057)
Component: HostUSBDeviceWrap
Interface: IHostUSBDevice {c19073dd-cc7b-431b-98b2-951fda8eab89}
Callee: IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

apzonerunner

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 08, 2017, 02:48:23 am
For Demul (Confidential mission) :
1) Don't look at the cursors  (if this is windows pointer cursor) : windows can't handle more than one cursor at the time so you'll always have a flickering when using 2 Aimtrak at once in games.
2)There is a bug in Demul : if you check the option to autostart in full screen, the cursor stay visible on top on the windows (whereas if you start in windowed mode and do ALT+ENTER the cursor is hidden). To solve this, you can use a small tool called nomousy (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=143370.0) to hide the cursor and restore it after quitting Demul.
3)I think there is a key in Demul to show/hide in-game crosshair but I don't remember which one it is, and if it's still working in the last build
4)Appart from cursor flickering, is your 2P working well in Demul ? If not be sure to use the good DemulShooter command acording to your Demul version and try to add a -v command to Demulshooter in your BAT, and join here the debug.txt file generated inside DemulShooter's folder

For model2 :
Same thing : besure to use the last version and use the good DemulShooter command (multicpu or single cpu version of the emulator)
And yes, check that you put rawinput to 1 in the ini file (look at the README.TXT in demulshooter)
There again, you can add the -v command and post your DemulShooter debug file

Thanks for this! This was exactly what I needed; Model2 works like a dream now - I used the rocketlauncher integration of DemulShooter with Model 2 Emulator, and it worked like a dream.

I'm going to mess with Demul in a sec. In the meantime, I've been trying to get House of the Dead 3 working. Whenever I get demulshooter booted before booting the game, it then kicks out the same error over and over again - 10 or 20 times - "Can't attach hod3pc.exe: Access is denied". Any idea about this particular error?

Thanks again for all your help!