Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976451 times)

GreatLamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 03:15:17 pm
Thanks for the stuff! I will test it soon with dual Topguns :D

By the way, is there any patch to ADD lightgun crosshairs for demul? Don't wanna use the lasersight on the gun.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:16:22 pm by GreatLamer »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
how did you get it working on more modern OSes? Or are you using one with support for the kind of javascript the launcher uses? I'd love to be able to boot it up, the best I can get out of it is what I assume is the demo mode by using +set game on the quake exe.
I got problems too running this launcher, in win xp, I changed some security option of an old explorer version and worked. But in win 10 I tried with firefox, chrome, and edge and had no luck

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2023, 10:03:59 am
how did you get it working on more modern OSes? Or are you using one with support for the kind of javascript the launcher uses? I'd love to be able to boot it up, the best I can get out of it is what I assume is the demo mode by using +set game on the quake exe.
I got problems too running this launcher, in win xp, I changed some security option of an old explorer version and worked. But in win 10 I tried with firefox, chrome, and edge and had no luck
Thanks for the tip, I tried installing a few old versions of IE in Windows 7 64 bit, but had no luck thanks to incompatibility. Then I found IETester, and despite kicking out a bunch of OLE errors it looks like you can get the game running from IE5.5 without issues.

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 10:24:20 pm
Hi, is it possible to remove the demo text from art is dead, i have the code to make it full game but i dont know where to  enter it, how do you make it full game? thanks

Also is it possible to play House of the dead overkill (PC VERSION) local multiplayer, with 2 guns?

When playing Silent Hill, i followed all your steps but the cursor (after removing it using the demulshotter button for silent hill) its now an hour glass for each player, doesnt matter if i launch with KSHG_no_cursor or Game Loader All RH, the hour cursors are there,   how can i make them  disappear?

PD> the links on the demul shooter readme.txt for sillent hill arcade are down, none of them are working, do you have another link for the game and launcher ,can you please upload your launcher, because the mediafire file its not longer there? thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:11:16 am by alexportugal1212 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 10:03:12 am
Hi, is it possible to remove the demo text from art is dead, i have the code to make it full game but i dont know where to  enter it, how do you make it full game? thanks
I tried different version of the game while adding it to demulshooter, I had trouble finding how to do it too.
You have (normally) 2 different acces to the register program :
1) In you Windows Menu -> Software -> Art Is Dead you'll have many shortcuts, including one called "Set the game licence"
2) In the game installation folder, you should find and execute the "license.srk" file  located in the "minisite" subfolder

Also is it possible to play House of the dead overkill (PC VERSION) local multiplayer, with 2 guns?
Unfortunattely no :(
The game is made to be played with a second player only by network. There is no local-dual-player coded in the game

When playing Silent Hill, i followed all your steps but the cursor (after removing it using the demulshotter button for silent hill) its now an hour glass for each player, doesnt matter if i launch with KSHG_no_cursor or Game Loader All RH, the hour cursors are there,   how can i make them  disappear?
If I remember well, KSHG_no_cursor hides the cross reticle used inside the game, but the windows hour glass may still be visible.
You can use a small program call nomousy (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=143370.0;attach=322444) before launching the game to hide windows cursor (use it with: nomousy.exe -h)
Just be aware that you have to run it again to make your windows cursos visible once you quit the game ! ( To restore cursor use: nomousy.exe)

PD> the links on the demul shooter readme.txt for sillent hill arcade are down, none of them are working, do you have another link for the game and launcher ,can you please upload your launcher, because the mediafire file its not longer there? thanks again.
I'll upload my files and add some links in a couple of days, but meanwhile there are sme other sites offering the game (seems like you found them :) )

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
Alright, thank you very much.

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
I know it isn't really the focus of this program, but is there any way to calibrate the raw input from an act-labs gun? Mine works great in anything with a calibration menu because I can correct it there, but in windows the cursor isn't in line with the sights, it's down and to the left a bit. So games like Silent Hill Arcade, Gun Frenzy and HotD3 don't work too well. Which is a shame, the manual reload and crosshair removal work great.

The Ninja Assault reload works great too, is there any way to get something similar on Lupin or Sports shooting? I think they both work alright if you have a constantly tracked gun like the aimtrak, but for me I have to shoot on the very outer lines of the screen, which is pretty tough to do.

Also, could you add a keyboard shortcut for the middle click path change in HotD3? I don't have a third button, so I can't hit it.

Ward-iz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2018, 05:26:55 am
Does anyone have a dual aimtrack cab setup with a logitech racing wheel and pedals? Im finding that if i have both of my aimtrack guns plugged in while using the model 2 emulator,  the logitech wheel is not working , so that switching between gun and racing games becomes an issue . If i unplug one of the guns the wheel is recognised again and gun games in 1 player mode work and racing games work too. Sorry if this is a little off the main topic , but i wanted to get the demulshooter working for 2 player gun games without having to unplug the wheel . Was thinking it could be a possible device ID clash??

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2019, 04:27:49 am
Hi Argon,

Did you plan to add "Gundam Zion" (Taito Type X) to the list of working games ? :)

Only One player  :notworthy:

Thx
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:26:04 pm by davidlinch »

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
Hi, is there a way to hide the Amirican Laser games Cursor from the games?

Also from Actionmax, thanks again

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Is there a way to have two separate crosshair images (for those of us that use them) like Troubleshooter?
Ok so finally, I can reuse what did Howard for TroubleShooters2 with model2
All credits to him, I reused a huge part of his lua scripts to integrate that with Demulshooter

BUT
it will obly be for model2 emulator ! As I have no acces to any other emulator/Game video process I can't add anything to a game rendering without a very complex DirectX hacking.

I'm still writing the README for that and I have yet to run a couple of test before I make it available here

I know it isn't really the focus of this program, but is there any way to calibrate the raw input from an act-labs gun? Mine works great in anything with a calibration menu because I can correct it there, but in windows the cursor isn't in line with the sights, it's down and to the left a bit. So games like Silent Hill Arcade, Gun Frenzy and HotD3 don't work too well. Which is a shame, the manual reload and crosshair removal work great.
Well, I can't calibrate your act-lab to make it input correct values according to your mouse...
The best I can do is add a some X-Y Offsets parameter to settle, to modify the received raw data and thus realign real shooting spot with your cursor

The Ninja Assault reload works great too, is there any way to get something similar on Lupin or Sports shooting? I think they both work alright if you have a constantly tracked gun like the aimtrak, but for me I have to shoot on the very outer lines of the screen, which is pretty tough to do.
It's weird, if Im not saying any mistakes they work the same physically. The only difference is the way I simulate with the emulator and the rom (Changing ammo number directly in NinjaAssault VS setting the real reload bit to 1 in other games). But for all game you have to send a "RIGHT CLICK" event for Demulshooter to reload so it has nothing to do with the way I handle the reload process....I just need a RIGHT CLICK from the gun

Also, could you add a keyboard shortcut for the middle click path change in HotD3? I don't have a third button, so I can't hit it.
I'm reading the keyboard game config to simulate a corresponding keypress, so you should be able to directly use the keyboard buttons you choose for Right or Left
I'm 100% certain that I blocked mouse inputs to the game, but I don't think I blocked real keyboard inputs (I'm not next to Demulshooter's sources right now so I may be wrong)

Hi, is there a way to hide the Amirican Laser games Cursor from the games?

Also from Actionmax, thanks again
Hi, never looked into these games.
I can't promise anything...but what version of these games ? Isn't there multiple ways to play them ? (PC release, multiple emulators ?)

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
Well, I can't calibrate your act-lab to make it input correct values according to your mouse...
The best I can do is add a some X-Y Offsets parameter to settle, to modify the received raw data and thus realign real shooting spot with your cursor
That would be great, ideally with some kind of on-screen indicator for how offset the new mouse cursor position would be while you're adjusting the X and Y. The gun is already calibrated great, the problem is just the offset. I've found a workaround for right now, but it involves physically adjusting my monitor for calibration every time, and I have to eyeball it without moving my head an inch and some pieces of tape. A software solution would be great, and I could dial it in much easier.

It's weird, if Im not saying any mistakes they work the same physically. The only difference is the way I simulate with the emulator and the rom (Changing ammo number directly in NinjaAssault VS setting the real reload bit to 1 in other games). But for all game you have to send a "RIGHT CLICK" event for Demulshooter to reload so it has nothing to do with the way I handle the reload process....I just need a RIGHT CLICK from the gun
Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I've forgotten how I set up the calibration for sports shooting with only 1 gun last time, so I'll skip that, but in Lupin right click doesn't reload. In the calibration, it all seems to work great, it detects when the gun is on or off the screen when I fire, but it doesn't work in-game. I'm guessing the cab is expecting a gun that's always being tracked, while mine only updates when I shoot. If I aim right at the edge I get a reload off either a left or right click, but outside the screen my gun just fires a right click at the last known position, which I guess confuses the game in some way because it expects the last known position to be the edge of the screen, which would be the case for a gun that's always tracked. I think you could emulate it on an aimtrak gun by holding the gun in the middle of the screen then hitting right click, instead of shooting off-screen.

I think most of the Atomiswave titles use this same system of expecting the reload in a border round the edge, but I haven't tested it.

I'm reading the keyboard game config to simulate a corresponding keypress, so you should be able to directly use the keyboard buttons you choose for Right or Left
I'm 100% certain that I blocked mouse inputs to the game, but I don't think I blocked real keyboard inputs (I'm not next to Demulshooter's sources right now so I may be wrong)
You're right on this one, I should have tried mashing more buttons, D and G work fine.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the tip, I tried installing a few old versions of IE in Windows 7 64 bit, but had no luck thanks to incompatibility. Then I found IETester, and despite kicking out a bunch of OLE errors it looks like you can get the game running from IE5.5 without issues.
mm i have a new computer with windows 10 and seems IETester can't play ie5.5. ie6 opens with bugs, and the rest seems to work ok. These html launchers are a shame... Actually I don't understand what the problem is, maybe the launcher is written with deprecated javascript functions and so it needs an ancient browser? or what?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
argonlefou, dont you interest msx? I found it have many dual lightgun games: duck hunt msx version?, dungeon hunter and almost 4 gunstick games that were also two player games.
BlueMsx works but only one player, and MESS doesn't support rare inputs on these old computers.

otherwise, somebody has tested saturn lightgun emulation? yabause is supposed to emulate lightguns but I can't make it read the axis, the trigger seems to work.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Here's a small update with :
- Support for Demul Pokasuka Ghosts! game
- Added a new tab on th GUI windows, to install m2emulator LUA script for 1P/2P custom crosshairs

That would be great, ideally with some kind of on-screen indicator for how offset the new mouse cursor position would be while you're adjusting the X and Y. The gun is already calibrated great, the problem is just the offset. I've found a workaround for right now, but it involves physically adjusting my monitor for calibration every time, and I have to eyeball it without moving my head an inch and some pieces of tape. A software solution would be great, and I could dial it in much easier.
could you please use the latest version of DemulShooter (4.7) and run it a little with the -v option so that it can create the debug.txt file, and share it here for me ?
Not too long, just for you to move the gun to the screen borders so that I can see what kind of values the act labs gun is outputing

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I've forgotten how I set up the calibration for sports shooting with only 1 gun last time, so I'll skip that, but in Lupin right click doesn't reload. In the calibration, it all seems to work great, it detects when the gun is on or off the screen when I fire, but it doesn't work in-game. I'm guessing the cab is expecting a gun that's always being tracked, while mine only updates when I shoot. If I aim right at the edge I get a reload off either a left or right click, but outside the screen my gun just fires a right click at the last known position, which I guess confuses the game in some way because it expects the last known position to be the edge of the screen, which would be the case for a gun that's always tracked. I think you could emulate it on an aimtrak gun by holding the gun in the middle of the screen then hitting right click, instead of shooting off-screen.
Ok, I think I see better why it acts differently with Ninja Assault
I'll have a look into, that and your act labs gun calibration issue

HI, this game Manic Panic Ghost do you play this with guns on demul 7, and if so are you planning on adding it?

Edit: Just tried it and its totally fun with 1 gun, maybe consider it, check it out
Done ;) It should work..even if I didn't try too long with the japanese language to see if everything is Ok on all levels
Tell me if anything is not working

As for the American laser here is one game : 
You can easily remove the crosshairs.
There are 2 cursors int the game folder (cursor1.cur and cursor2.cur if I remember well)
Just replace them with anempty cursor. I've joined an ampty one below (empty.zip) just rename it and overwrite.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 08:08:33 am by PL1 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
argonlefou, dont you interest msx? I found it have many dual lightgun games: duck hunt msx version?, dungeon hunter and almost 4 gunstick games that were also two player games.
BlueMsx works but only one player, and MESS doesn't support rare inputs on these old computers.

otherwise, somebody has tested saturn lightgun emulation? yabause is supposed to emulate lightguns but I can't make it read the axis, the trigger seems to work.
For now I never looked into it yet, maybe later

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
could you please use the latest version of DemulShooter (4.7) and run it a little with the -v option so that it can create the debug.txt file, and share it here for me ?
Not too long, just for you to move the gun to the screen borders so that I can see what kind of values the act labs gun is outputing
I ran the gun over the screen for a bit while firing randomly, because it only updates when you shoot. I fired off-screen a bit too towards the end, I'm guessing that's where the repeated 288, 113 position was, because it just right clicks at the same spot.

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
First of all let me thank you for your effort and time, thanks you made my arcade dream come  true.

Last thing im missing is  >
There are 2 cursors int the game folder (cursor1.cur and cursor2.cur if I remember well)
Just replace them with anempty cursor. I've joined an ampty one below (empty.zip) just rename it and overwrite.

When i do that the windows cursor is there when i move the gun, the crosshair is gone but you can see the windows cursor while moving the gun pointing at the screen, i tried nomousy but still, even tried an invisible cursor i have and still, with your knowledge can you thing of a way around this? if i remove the cursir1 or try with a blank one its the same result windows mouse appear, thank you again.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I have been playing with dolphin, and discovered the "load custon textures" under graphics options. With this you can override the graphics you wnat from the game, but seems to run slowly, doesn't it?
With this I could hide the crosshairs of 7 or 8 games, big buck hunter for example, but the crosshair is very down, any thought about this? I think its interesing as its the only two player version I got working... In some other games like the Re chrnicles, have a light following the sight Icouldnt hide

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Here's last update :
- Added a tab on the GUI window to set X/Y offset for Act Labs user who have issues with their gun. You can alse enable a quick and dirty crosshair to be drawn on screen when you shoot to settle the aim. New offset needs to be saved to be used (just changing the value without saving will not be enough)
Everyone else (Aimtrak users at least) should leave this option unchecked

I ran the gun over the screen for a bit while firing randomly, because it only updates when you shoot. I fired off-screen a bit too towards the end, I'm guessing that's where the repeated 288, 113 position was, because it just right clicks at the same spot.
Thanks, can you do i again with this last version ?
It's just to check how it's emulating buttons, because as I said : with aimtrak or with a simple mouse, a right click even with a cursor on-screen is working to reload so I can't see what's going wrong with your Act labs gun for now...
So a few moves, a few clicks on screen and a few out of the screen would be great ! :)

First of all let me thank you for your effort and time, thanks you made my arcade dream come  true.

Last thing im missing is  >

When i do that the windows cursor is there when i move the gun, the crosshair is gone but you can see the windows cursor while moving the gun pointing at the screen, i tried nomousy but still, even tried an invisible cursor i have and still, with your knowledge can you thing of a way around this? if i remove the cursir1 or try with a blank one its the same result windows mouse appear, thank you again.
It's weird, nomousy is working on my computer, no more cursor is shown...
Unfortunatelly my knowledge stops here (i.e : using nomousy) for this issue. Handling windows cursor in a "system-wide" way is pain in the ass and nomousy is a nice working hack to it

I have been playing with dolphin, and discovered the "load custon textures" under graphics options. With this you can override the graphics you wnat from the game, but seems to run slowly, doesn't it?
With this I could hide the crosshairs of 7 or 8 games, big buck hunter for example, but the crosshair is very down, any thought about this? I think its interesing as its the only two player version I got working... In some other games like the Re chrnicles, have a light following the sight Icouldnt hide
Well, not so much :(
I'm not a Dolphin programmer so..you may have better answers on Dolphin's forum
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 07:55:32 am by argonlefou »

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
Here's last update :
- Added a tab on the GUI window to set X/Y offset for Act Labs user who have issues with their gun. You can alse enable a quick and dirty crosshair to be drawn on screen when you shoot to settle the aim. New offset needs to be saved to be used (just changing the value without saving will not be enough)
Everyone else (Aimtrak users at least) should leave this option unchecked

Thanks, this seems to work great. 1 minor complaint, it'd be nice if the crosshair was drawn for a little longer, but once set up it worked in the 3 games I tried perfectly.

Would it be possible to make this stand-alone, always re-correcting the input? It's only for the sake of gunfrenzy, so if it's dependant on program-specific hooks or whatever, then don't worry about it.

I shot around a bit in 3 games this time, a bit haphazard but it looks like on-screen clicks send 0x0000, 1 and 2, while the off-screen ones send 0x0004 and 8. Easiest to see right at the end in HotD3, because I clicked off-screen a few times in a row just before quitting.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Thanks, this seems to work great. 1 minor complaint, it'd be nice if the crosshair was drawn for a little longer, but once set up it worked in the 3 games I tried perfectly.
Good !
Sorry for the drawing duration, I added this quickly, next update will be a little more visible

Would it be possible to make this stand-alone, always re-correcting the input? It's only for the sake of gunfrenzy, so if it's dependant on program-specific hooks or whatever, then don't worry about it.
Unfortunatelly, no...
There's no hook whatsoever, it's just me getting your guns raw data and adding an offset myself to the value I'll inject to Demul, M2emulator, etc...
I'm not interfering with windows and how it handles (and so how other games handle) the gun raw values :(

I shot around a bit in 3 games this time, a bit haphazard but it looks like on-screen clicks send 0x0000, 1 and 2, while the off-screen ones send 0x0004 and 8. Easiest to see right at the end in HotD3, because I clicked off-screen a few times in a row just before quitting.
This is normal, 1 and 2 are for "Left Mouse Button Down" and "LEft Mouse Button Up", whereas 4 and 8 are the equivalent for Right Mouse Button
So I can't see why it isn't working with your guns...
The only issue left xould be the duration between Down and Up events for the right click...maybe your driver is too quick and so the games won't validate the reload change.

Did you try to let the trigger pressed outside and inside the screen ?
If you want you can get the .exe I joined here and replace yours. It has a slightly longer drawing time for crosshair ( ;) )and a little change for the debug log that may (it's not sure) be able to be accurate enough to precisely measure the delay between button events

Ward-iz

• Offline Offline
Hi there , I've been able to get  demulshooter working in hyperspin using the model 2 emulator .
To exit a shooting game I have to press "alt F4" and that takes me back to the frontend .
On the arcade cab I'm using I have a logitech gt force wheel which is setup with joytokey, so that i can push a button on it to exit . I'm able to exit other emulators without using the keyboard.
Would be great to not have to pull the keyboard out when using the model 2 for the "alt F4" exit , and be able to push a key on the wheel to do the alt F4 process.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks. 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi there , I've been able to get  demulshooter working in hyperspin using the model 2 emulator .
To exit a shooting game I have to press "alt F4" and that takes me back to the frontend .
On the arcade cab I'm using I have a logitech gt force wheel which is setup with joytokey, so that i can push a button on it to exit . I'm able to exit other emulators without using the keyboard.
Would be great to not have to pull the keyboard out when using the model 2 for the "alt F4" exit , and be able to push a key on the wheel to do the alt F4 process.
Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks.
You can use some Autohotkey script to either send alt+F4 to a program (or even to kill a process directly)  with a key or a joy button a any combination

But as for compatibility and how to use it with hyperspin, I don't know

Titchgamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 08:05:48 am
  • I have a gaming addiction.....
Been a while since I set mine up but have you set the exit button in hyperspin/rocket launcher for m2?

Also I cant remember if you can change the exit button in the emu menu or ini file?

Ward-iz

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the replies , I'm a novice when it comes to the Autohotkey stuff but I'll will do some research and try to figure it out . Would I have to make an AHK script and put it in the model 2 folder for this to work ?
In the RocketlauncherUI  Model 2 Keymapper page I've setup my enter game and exit game buttons for my logitech wheel , I've tested them in the rocketlauncher test tab and they work. I can enter a game using this from the model 2 wheel on hyperspin . Once I'm in the game , I cant exit using the exit button I've setup. It's the only emulator that wont let me exit unless I use the keyboard. 

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
Unfortunatelly, no...
There's no hook whatsoever, it's just me getting your guns raw data and adding an offset myself to the value I'll inject to Demul, M2emulator, etc...
I'm not interfering with windows and how it handles (and so how other games handle) the gun raw values :(
That's totally fine, it's great just to have my shots on target in HotD3 and SH for once.

Did you try to let the trigger pressed outside and inside the screen ?
If you want you can get the .exe I joined here and replace yours. It has a slightly longer drawing time for crosshair ( ;) )and a little change for the debug log that may (it's not sure) be able to be accurate enough to precisely measure the delay between button events
When I hit the trigger, it doesn't track my shots, it just stays where I was aiming at the time. So in a machine gun game, if I hold down the trigger, I can move the gun all I want, but it won't update the position or recognise that I'm off-screen until I release and shoot again. I had a quick look at Lupin with a regular mouse, and right click doesn't do anything in or off-screen, it looks like the reload takes place whenever you move the cursor to the edge of the screen without hitting anything.

For the debug this time, I did the standard array of clicking, which seems to be somewhere around a frame from push to release usually, and then I finished up with some held clicks on-screen and off-screen while waving the gun around to show the only time it updates the position is with an on-screen click.

Is the right click function based on running Demul in full-screen? Because I use borderless windowed, Demul puts out something my monitor can't display when I try and use the full-screen option.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that when the game reads the "off-screen" input, it's waiting for the next movement input to initiate the reload. With a constantly tracked gun, that's updating every frame, but when my gun fires again, it gets confused or something. Maybe the almost instant movement to a new position and then firing cancels the reload, like it expects you to be back on-screen for a frame before shooting.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
When I hit the trigger, it doesn't track my shots, it just stays where I was aiming at the time. So in a machine gun game, if I hold down the trigger, I can move the gun all I want, but it won't update the position or recognise that I'm off-screen until I release and shoot again. I had a quick look at Lupin with a regular mouse, and right click doesn't do anything in or off-screen, it looks like the reload takes place whenever you move the cursor to the edge of the screen without hitting anything.

For the debug this time, I did the standard array of clicking, which seems to be somewhere around a frame from push to release usually, and then I finished up with some held clicks on-screen and off-screen while waving the gun around to show the only time it updates the position is with an on-screen click.

Is the right click function based on running Demul in full-screen? Because I use borderless windowed, Demul puts out something my monitor can't display when I try and use the full-screen option.

Other than that, the only thing I can think of is that when the game reads the "off-screen" input, it's waiting for the next movement input to initiate the reload. With a constantly tracked gun, that's updating every frame, but when my gun fires again, it gets confused or something. Maybe the almost instant movement to a new position and then firing cancels the reload, like it expects you to be back on-screen for a frame before shooting.
Sorry my sentence wasn't clear enough! I know your position is updated only when you pull the trigger and not between, when I talked about letting the trigger pulled it was just to see if the events "button up" / "button down" were generated all at once when you pull the trigger or if they were generated with delay when you pull and release  ;)

That beeing said, everything looks good with the logs

But the problem is beyond what I can do : I can assure you, and it's 100% true, that even with a regular mouse (without demulshooter) you can reload by right-clicking even with the cursor on the emulator window...either fullscreen or windowed

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
big buck hunter for example, but the crosshair is very down
you can "recalibrate" your aiming in Dolphin's emulated wiimote configuration.
For Big buck hunter for example setting IR center to 70 solved my missaligment.

Sorry argonlefou, I tried before and didn't notice any change.

Another question:
In Wii Fastdraw showdown,You have to holster with Tilt backward, so I configurated both wiimote1 as 'Cursor Y-'  and wiimote2 as 'DInput/0/ATRAK Device #2:Axis Y-'.
When I aim offscreen, the two players holster nice, but when returning to the screen, the player 2 returns faster, player 1 delays about half second to return to the sceen, and the cursor seems to come from the right. Any advice about this?

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
But the problem is beyond what I can do : I can assure you, and it's 100% true, that even with a regular mouse (without demulshooter) you can reload by right-clicking even with the cursor on the emulator window...either fullscreen or windowed
Even in Lupin? The vast majority of games work perfectly fine, it's just that one and possibly some of the Atomiswave titles, although I haven't checked them yet.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Even in Lupin? The vast majority of games work perfectly fine, it's just that one and possibly some of the Atomiswave titles, although I haven't checked them yet.
What the f**k ?  :o
Indeed Lupin is not working anymore...
I've not played this one for ages....I'll have to see why. I'm 100% sure I played it without any trouble, even before DemulShooter.

So it's not on you, it's on me  ;) Or on Demul coders maybe :D
I hope it's the only one

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
So now Lupin the Shooting reloads only when the gun is moved outside of demul windows.
That's why I it was masked with demulshooter as the position is updated in real time with my aimtrak so each time I went out of screen it reached the limits...
I added a small fix on this new version, it should work with you now (I hope so !)
Thanks for pointing it out !

PS: This new release is also correcting a small bug I didn't see earlier for Pokasuka Ghost with 2P buttons

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
So now Lupin the Shooting reloads only when the gun is moved outside of demul windows.
That's why I it was masked with demulshooter as the position is updated in real time with my aimtrak so each time I went out of screen it reached the limits...
I added a small fix on this new version, it should work with you now (I hope so !)
Thanks for pointing it out !

PS: This new release is also correcting a small bug I didn't see earlier for Pokasuka Ghost with 2P buttons
Works totally fine now, thanks for the fix.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Sorry argonlefou, I have a little question I know is very off of Demulshooter goals.
I have guncon 2 lightguns working with ems topgun driver in win10, and demulshooter. runs perfect in every system I tested.
But, I have the same problem burn_654  had, our guns need a white screen flash just before and while the shot.
So he did his awesome topguncon project, that at my unexpert understanding does the next:
A program which produces the flash under a keypress,
An electronics citcuit to divide trigger in two buttons: one for activating the flasher program, and the other the original trigger button but delayed and shortened by a timer.

I have talked with him and seems wanting to share his project, but I found the electronics part a little difficult, and I think I have not enough space for it inside my lightguns.
And I have read this:
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10159&start=20
Do you think this can do the delay and remap function the electronics do?
Because I suppose the complication is to manipulate the rawinput data before it arrives to demulshooter or to an emulator, isn't it?
Do you think if I do a script with library will work ?
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 08:58:38 pm by phasermaniac »

GreatLamer

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 08, 2018, 03:15:17 pm
Thanks for 5.0a. We love this program.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Sorry argonlefou, I have a little question I know is very off of Demulshooter goals.
I have guncon 2 lightguns working with ems topgun driver in win10, and demulshooter. runs perfect in every system I tested.
But, I have the same problem burn_654  had, our guns need a white screen flash just before and while the shot.
So he did his awesome topguncon project, that at my unexpert understanding does the next:
A program which produces the flash under a keypress,
An electronics citcuit to divide trigger in two buttons: one for activating the flasher program, and the other the original trigger button but delayed and shortened by a timer.

I have talked with him and seems wanting to share his project, but I found the electronics part a little difficult, and I think I have not enough space for it inside my lightguns.
And I have read this:
https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10159&start=20
Do you think this can do the delay and remap function the electronics do?
Because I suppose the complication is to manipulate the rawinput data before it arrives to demulshooter or to an emulator, isn't it?
Do you think if I do a script with library will work ?
I can't say for sure without having any schematics in front of me, but I think it will not work.
Based on what I know about Gcon and other CRT lightguns, I'd imagine the "second / delayed" trigger event is sent to the inner gun electronics so that the gun's lens can start measuring the white-filling of the screen and after that calculate it's position
Only after that it's supposed to send this value to the host (PS2, PC with working usb driver, etc...) and this is where every program, script or library will start to work

So you can't put any delay between the trigger and the gun's electonics with a software, you can just hook only once the gun send a native windows message with lates updates axis/buttons values
Unless you have a modified bi-directionnal USB driver and gun electronics, acting like this :
GunTrigger -> UsbDriver = FlashScreen -> Message Back to Gun electronics = Start Measuring -> Measure Done -> UsbDriver = Send value to host

I wonder how this is working on PS2 though, as a push on the trigger has to send a message to the game so that it flashes the screen and then the gun measure it's positionning....I'm not an expert on this :(

And for the electronics, again I don't know what is really needed but if it is just to divide the trigger and put a timer, it can be done with a really small IC like a standalone  Attiny85
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 04:45:19 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I think is not so complicated.
crt guns dont trak fine undr dark colors so if a flash is launched some millisecons before the trigger, will be ok, as in the moment of the shot the screen will be light and visible to the gun

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
GunTrigger -> UsbDriver = FlashScreen -> Message Back to Gun electronics = Start Measuring -> Measure Done -> UsbDriver = Send value to host.

but ps2 guns with topgun driver are alwyas traking the cursor, so I think In topgun driver I can set gun1 trigger to gun1button4, that has no action in emulators, and with ahk with mousedelta do something like:

Gun1button4 (no action in emus)::
Send, gun1button5 ( no action in emus) -> fires the flash with the flasher program
Sleep,5000
send, gun1button0 -> shot

but do you think this remmaping will be seen by demulshooter and mame?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 10:40:46 am by phasermaniac »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Well, I didn't even know it was possible to track cursor in realtime with a GunCon2 on windows...

With original systems the white screen was not here to track "better" than with dark colors :
When you pull the trigger, the system blanks the screen and then has to fill it with white. (It's the flash you can see)
The gun's photodiode will see the change from black to white, and by measuring the time elapsed since the screen started it's white painting, the system can know the position of the gun

On the other hand, EMS TopGun are based on IR tracking (like Aimtraks), so these gun can be tracked in realtime.

So the mix between GunCon2 and EMS TopGun driver....I really don't know how it's working

But as far as DemulShooter is concerned, it will not recognize these kind of script-sent inputs :
To be able to dissociate devices I have to ask windows to forward me all raw-input message so that I can identify them and treat them
Most of the time, ahk scripts and other program are sending direct input messages, and it totally different

I can't answer for MAME though
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:19:17 am by argonlefou »

Scroom

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2019, 09:55:10 pm
Any way to get Sega Model 2 widescreen to work with 2 guns?, been trying but it seems like it only want to calibrate propertly to 4:3.