Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976251 times)

phasermaniac

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 24, 2024, 05:40:47 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL) [New : Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill]
« Reply #280 on: January 26, 2017, 01:17:48 pm »
I'm testing with topgun driver, as I've said, and I can't get p2 crosshair to move, although the buttons work as spected.
When I install dolphin cfg from demulshooter I'm said that aimtrak 2 is not found, or something similar.
In the dolphin's p2 "Device List" dropdown list I can't see any of my two guns.
If I run demulshooter with -ddinumber=1, I get DInput Player2 device number in the list : 01.
For -ddinumber=2, I get DInput Player2 device number in the list : 11.
For -ddinumber=3, I get DInput Player2 device number in the list : 21.
Default seems to give device number in the list : 31.

ControlsPtr address and DInput Keyboard/Mouse address seems to change each time I run it, without desconnecting any gun.
Any advise? I have attached the debug.txt if it can help.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
« Reply #281 on: January 27, 2017, 12:47:10 am »
I currently have 3 Aimtrak Light guns.  Is it possible to use 3 light guns on some of the 3-4 player Wii games (i.e. Attack of the Movies 3D, Gunslingers, Chicken Riot, etc.)? Just curious.  Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
« Reply #282 on: January 27, 2017, 03:04:56 am »
Demulshooter now working with Rocketlauncher/Hyperspin. Sega Model 2 games work flawlessly via RLUI. Sega Naomi/Sega Atomiswave/Hikari games? Not so much. A little buggy.  For some reason when you load the game through Rocketlauncher the controls settings automatically go back to default blank, meaning there's no assigned keys for player 1 and 2 coin and start; making it impossible to enter a coin and start.  It's weird.  And once Demulshooter is loaded you can't change the settings in Demul.

Sometimes it does.  Sometimes it doesn't. If anyone figures that out please let me know.  It looks like they didn't set it up for Dolphin Emulator/Wii games yet.  Maybe on the next update:)

http://www.rlauncher.com/forum/showthread.php?4301-RocketLauncher-v1-2-0-1

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:39:52 am
« Reply #283 on: January 27, 2017, 08:50:48 am »
When I try to launch Sega Clay Challenge it just says ""wrong size of '608-2161.u3' in romset ..... Expected is 16777216 instead of 16777472." Anyone else experiencing this and if so, did you figure out how to fix it?  Thanks
It's just a wrong version of the rom. Demul recently changed their romset to be the same as MAME but MAME's romsets are changing too....I had this issue with a couple of roms and I kept downloading them until I found an accepted version.

I currently have 3 Aimtrak Light guns.  Is it possible to use 3 light guns on some of the 3-4 player Wii games (i.e. Attack of the Movies 3D, Gunslingers, Chicken Riot, etc.)? Just curious.  Thanks
I'm not handling more than 2 guns for now
Handling more than 2 guns will be easy, but the unknown part would be to make them appear in Dolphin....as you see there, it's not the best woring emulator for everyone with DemulSHooter...

It really really sucks, i need to disconnect my pc mouse in order to get 2 light assigned,  cant figure it out how to start or put coins once raw input its on, would be great if you ad it to demul shooter, pretty sure more people would thank you for that. can you tell me your config then
I'm attaching my Supermodel.ini file, and I found back some kind of GUI I may have used (I really don't remember...), maybe this will help you to configure your keys : https://emulationrealm.net/downloads/file/3340-supermodel-launcher
Note that you can set multiples keys for each button. For example a keyboard key + a mouse button + a joystick button for "START"
And here's how I'm using the emulator : Supermodel.exe lostwsga.zip -input-system=rawinput

I'm testing with topgun driver, as I've said, and I can't get p2 crosshair to move, although the buttons work as spected.
When I install dolphin cfg from demulshooter I'm said that aimtrak 2 is not found, or something similar.
In the dolphin's p2 "Device List" dropdown list I can't see any of my two guns.
If I run demulshooter with -ddinumber=1, I get DInput Player2 device number in the list : 01.
For -ddinumber=2, I get DInput Player2 device number in the list : 11.
For -ddinumber=3, I get DInput Player2 device number in the list : 21.
Default seems to give device number in the list : 31.

ControlsPtr address and DInput Keyboard/Mouse address seems to change each time I run it, without desconnecting any gun.
Any advise? I have attached the debug.txt if it can help.
The error message you get when installing the config file is normal, as I'm looking for an Aimtrak Device and TopGuns are not Aimtrak
It's just a gues - as I do not posses any TopGun device - but I know that Aimtrak is very specific (emulating both lightgun+joystick) and TopGun may not work with Dolphin with the way I hacked into Dolphin
Everything is good in your log file
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 08:53:11 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #284 on: January 28, 2017, 04:53:19 am »
Sorry argonlefou, only for be sure I'm doing it ok
If you don't have a second aimtrak connected, what whould be the correct value for ddinumber to make it work?
In WiimoteNew.ini I tried changing the #2 to #1, #3 but with no luck

IR/Up = `DInput/0/ATRAK Device #2:Axis Y-`
IR/Down = `DInput/0/ATRAK Device #2:Axis Y+`
IR/Left = `DInput/0/ATRAK Device #2:Axis X-`
IR/Right = `DInput/0/ATRAK Device #2:Axis X+`

It's true Topgun driver only process the guns as mice, I thought Aimtrak driver had the option to set them as mouse or joystick, but not at once... so if you are using some joystick input from the aimtrak for making Demulshooter work with dolphin, It may not work as you said... a real shame...

What do you think if I emulate the mouse in a joystick with ppjoy? Wouldnt it work?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #285 on: January 28, 2017, 06:57:17 pm »
solved!
 don't know why, but if I modify wiimotenew.ini with the name of any joystick and I launch demulshooter with its ddinumber it works, although the joystick is not the gun.
So demulshooter works in dolphin too with topgun driver

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 17, 2019, 10:24:20 pm
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2017, 11:07:59 pm »
man whatever, this "emulator" supermodel3 its the worst nightmare , rubish actually,  cant think of anyone having fun remapping manually their guns number input every time they restart their pcs, because they will have to, pretty sure you are aware of this,  its just primitive to say the least, unfortunately your file didnt work for me at all, it really sucks that  you dont have this on your scripts

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 11:17:20 am
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2017, 11:36:36 pm »
Hey alexportugal, chill man, we are all  friends here.

Enviado desde mi SM-G531H mediante Tapatalk

Ginsonic

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 09, 2023, 12:56:04 pm
  • Arcade enthusiast !
« Reply #288 on: January 31, 2017, 04:21:42 am »
@alexportugal1212:

argonlefou is doing a great job here, so stay grateful and polite !

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #289 on: January 31, 2017, 08:07:26 am »
solved!
 don't know why, but if I modify wiimotenew.ini with the name of any joystick and I launch demulshooter with its ddinumber it works, although the joystick is not the gun.
So demulshooter works in dolphin too with topgun driver
Wow ! Great !  :applaud:
If you want to write a small-detailed-howto (a few lines long) I'd be glad to add it in the Dolphin section of the README file, for any other TopGun users  :)

man whatever, this "emulator" supermodel3 its the worst nightmare , rubish actually,  cant think of anyone having fun remapping manually their guns number input every time they restart their pcs, because they will have to, pretty sure you are aware of this,  its just primitive to say the least, unfortunately your file didnt work for me at all, it really sucks that  you dont have this on your scripts
It's not cool to say things like that to those who are spending countless hours coding softwares so that we can play Model3 game on our little computer...
Please don't forget that the world of Emulation is made of far-from-perfect projects to make games playable on a system they were not designed for ! The closest "user friendly experience" you can have would be to buy a real Lost World arcade cabinet...though you'll eventually have tons of little (sometimes big) hardware and software failures. And they won't be repaired by applying a software patch or downloading a new script  ;)

So , back to our business...I do totally agree that supermodel is not what we could call "user friendly", but the changing ID issue is not their fault, it's Microsoft's !! I had this issue for every single emulator and there are a couple of  softwares around there rearraging Joystick ID so that the order always stays the same according to your USB device string. Maybe you should start with this ?

And the file I sent you is not meant to be used like that, but to be read so that you can analyse what's going on.
You have to understant that demulshooter is not a program making a script to run a 2nd player....it's hacking into an emulator, blocking inputs from windows, injecting code in memory and writing values in memory in order to add a feature that was not usable before.
Supermodel3 already has these features, I can't add anything ! You just need to make them work with your hardware and it takes a bit of time / work / research !
Unfortunately this topic won't be the best place for you to have help about supermodel :(
Good luck, don't surrender :)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 08:11:28 am by argonlefou »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #290 on: February 01, 2017, 11:32:50 am »
Argonleflou, haven't you played Art is Dead yet? don't you think it is worth to try the two player magic?
Here's latest 4.6 version with "Art Is Dead" support for Windows  :)
I tried with 4 or 5 different files on the internet, they are all the same so it's working with any of these

Finaly managed to windowed it thanks to a great program (DxWnd) I didn't know about.
So, the game was made to be played with a mouse (in that case you'll have crosshair and you can play it naturally with your mouse-replacing-LightGun) or with lightguns.....but very old ActLabs CRT lightgun !

You can use DemulShooter like this :
demulshooter -target=windows -rom=artdead

To play Solo mode without crosshair, run DemulShooter as needed, run the game and go to "Options" and set "Lightgun" to be used.
To play Solo mode with crosshair, do not run DemulShooter and run the game with "Mouse" to be used (default parameter).

To play 2P game with two Aimtraks, run DemulShooter as needed, run the game, select 2P mode and set both player to "LightGun".
LightGun separation is effective only "in-stage", both player can control the cursors in menu screens with or without DemulShooter enabled.

Note:
-----
- You will NEED a keyboard as the game asks for player names before you can start a game.
- Don't bother with LightGun Calibration "Options" menu, it won't work as the game is waiting for old ActLabs CRT guns.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 11:40:18 am by argonlefou »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #291 on: February 01, 2017, 04:56:18 pm »
Amazing! ill try asap!

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #292 on: February 02, 2017, 04:46:47 pm »
Tested, and yes it works perfect, but when I run the game with demulshooter, it minimizes and when I return to it, I can see the game's arrow but the background sometimes is black, sometimes it show evident graphic issues, and sometimes it works nice.
I'm running it in windows10, and tried compatibility mode xp sp2, win7, run as a administrator too...
Sometimes, I got an error like "couldn't attach gungallery.exe" or something similar, I'm not at home.

Also, I think your project is becoming something bigger than only demulshooter, don't you think it would be better to call it troubleshooter 3, following the path of the precessors similar programs? or better than this, troubleshooter X as you are giving support for almost every emu?

I'm graphist, you can check my work at xabacanstyle.com
If you want I can do you a logo and icon for your project, as agreement for your hard work.
As you can see in the "APPS" section i'm very focused in webpannels and apps, wont't you like a graphic image for your project?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 06:04:34 pm by phasermaniac »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #293 on: February 03, 2017, 03:21:18 pm »
testing a little bit more, I realized that when Art is dead game looses focus (not minimizes), and so I see the folder where I was, If I return fast to the game (by Alt+tab) it works nice, only have graphics issues on the background (not showing background and buttons of the mainmenu screen) when I return to game more slow.
I think the erreor I said "couldn't attach gungallery.exe" appeared when tested to run demulshooter after the game.

I think i can solve it with just a ahk that forces gungallery not loosing focus, don't you think?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #294 on: February 04, 2017, 03:52:22 am »
You can run demulshooter before the game, it will wait for it.

When I made tests with Art Is Dead under my windows 7, I had the opposite problem : the game beeing forced fullscreen, I couldn't loose focus on it...
That beeing said, I'm not using any frontend or anything like that ( just ran DemulShooter command and then executed the game ).
But I got some other issues with the game :my Desktop icons are rearranged alltogether on top left side of my screen as if it was a 640x480 resolution   :timebomb:
Those really old games are not meant to be played on our modern machines I guess  :D

But yeah, if you can find what's causing your loss of focus you may find a way to keep it on foreground !

About DemulShooter itself, the truth is I wanted it to be TroubleShooter 3 at the beginning. I even asked Howard_Casto if I could borrow his software's name.
But in the end, TS2 is not a dead thing and supports many other things like racing games and outputs hooking for lamps etc...so I went with DemulShooter but I do agree that the name does not fit it's target anymore and I'm thinking about a new name sometimes.
But for now I don't know if I'll change it...I heard that rocketlauncher just made scripts to integrated DemulShooter in their frontend, and they'll hate me if they had to remake all their work to change the program's name and commands ! :D
I'm not an artist at all so I lack creativity, but I'm open to anything if someone comes up with a name I find really cool  someday 8)

And thanks for your proposal, I love your icons (CS CRISIS reminded me some old time when I had the original cab at home !) but you know....except for a smal 16x16 icon in the tray (and maybe a shortcut icon for some users) and a picture on the 1st post of this thread, I have no GUI nor website to put such an icon I it may be a waste :(

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
« Reply #295 on: February 04, 2017, 09:06:05 am »
Thanks for the wonderful tool. Just setting it up now and I am wondering if I have it setup correctly.

Should gun 2 share bullets with gun 1? is that expected?

I have tested naomi and silent hill and they seem to share ammo.

Thanks again!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #296 on: February 04, 2017, 12:45:11 pm »

Thanks again!
Hello !
No it should not act like this, there must be a problem somewhere with your set up

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #297 on: February 04, 2017, 02:12:41 pm »
Solved the bug with Art is dead loosing focus with a ahk script.
the game looses focus at 5000 or 6000 milisecons after the launching, so the loop begins a little before, at 3000ms
It can have some error as i'm writting it by memory, I have the original script in the Arcade cabinet

Sleep,3000,
Loop {
IfWinNotActive, Art Is Dead, {
     WinActivate, Art Is Dead,
     ExitApp
     }
}

bryhud

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2023, 07:08:24 pm
« Reply #298 on: February 04, 2017, 08:19:22 pm »
Yeah that was my fault. I didnt have the latest demul version. All set now, sorry!

Does anyone have demulshooter setup with rocketlauncher for Dolphin games? If so can you share what you did please?

RL has built in support most everything and PC games were not an issue to script but Dolphin is a little but trickier.

Really liking the support for Ghost Squad wii and would love to get it running via RL also.

Thanks!

Deadly

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2021, 02:55:25 am
« Reply #299 on: February 05, 2017, 05:03:47 am »

Thanks again!
Hello !
No it should not act like this, there must be a problem somewhere with your set up

I have the same issue with dual aimtraks and dolphin. I have spent 2 days trying to figure this out. No matter what I do player 2 always uses player 1 ammo up. argonlefou I believe I read you also use dual Aimtraks? Would you care to post screen cap pics of your Aimtrak setup for each device and your newwiicontroller.ini? I would have to imagine it is an aimtrak setup issue on my end but to save my life I cannot figure it out! Thanks for any help.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #300 on: February 08, 2017, 05:10:39 am »
I have the same issue with dual aimtraks and dolphin. I have spent 2 days trying to figure this out. No matter what I do player 2 always uses player 1 ammo up. argonlefou I believe I read you also use dual Aimtraks? Would you care to post screen cap pics of your Aimtrak setup for each device and your newwiicontroller.ini? I would have to imagine it is an aimtrak setup issue on my end but to save my life I cannot figure it out! Thanks for any help.
Here are my Aimtrak setup for devices #1 and #2

And a zip file with all my Dolphin ini files. I'm using different files because necessary buttons are not the same for each game

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #301 on: February 09, 2017, 03:03:22 am »
Once you did the trick with Art is dead,  that works nice now in two player mode, do you think it is possible to make glitter's mods for quake2 and halflife  to work? http://gl.tter.org/gl2/
They used the same actlabs gs guns as Art is dead, but I remember they had some strange html launchers.

I remember there was an update for quake2 that made it work for nowadays gun systems, but only worked for 1 gun. But without this update, you couldn't play without the actlabs gs connected.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 03:33:12 pm by phasermaniac »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #302 on: February 09, 2017, 06:59:39 am »
Once yiu sid the trick with Art is dead,  that works nice now in two player mode, do you think it is possible to make glitter's mods for quake2 and halflife  to work? http://gl.tter.org/gl2/
They used the same actlabs gs guns as Art is dead, but I remember they had some strange html launchers.

I remember there was an update dfor quake2 that made it work for nowadaysgun systems but only worked for 1 gun. But without this update, it made some comprovation as you couldn't play without the actlabs gs connected
Well, indeed....last time I tried, half life mod would not start without Act Lab Guns. I don't know if it was looking for guns or driver....either way it's dead as driver is not compatible with windows 2000 and more
If anyone managed to installed and play one of these mods on a modern computer without old act labs gun, I may look into it. but untill then....:/

burn_654

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 03:31:13 pm
« Reply #303 on: February 10, 2017, 05:56:12 pm »
Quake 2 gunfrenzy does work with usb guns (ps2 guncon and aimtrak) just in single player. It's actually pretty fun for a quake fan.

It looks as though 2 player mode could never be properly initiated without the old gameport guns...you'd need to watch the memory of the exe while it boots up in 2 player versus one player mode to see what's happening, to 'trick' the game into starting with a nonexistent player two gun. Easier said than done and like argonlefou said it's almost impossible to get a test environment without probably having 2 gameport guns and windows 98...

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #304 on: February 11, 2017, 05:04:06 pm »
Yes, with the 2.1b patch you can play with topgun and aimtrak but only one player.
I thought that Hlgun and glGunfrenzy2 worked with the ugly win98 actlabs gs (the ones that seems hairdressers)
And the glGunnfrenzy2.1b Patch was for the actlabs usb guns (red and blue).
I have read in the documentation of these guns, they may work in some similar way to Wingun, with direct input, where player1 uses click0 and click1 and player2 uses click2 and click3, but I tried with Wingun and the second player didn't work

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #305 on: February 19, 2017, 07:43:04 pm »
Hey guys, I'm getting the error "emulator_multicpu.exe has stopped working" whenever I start model 2 with demulshooter running. Any suggestions?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2017, 01:42:40 am »
Hey guys, I'm getting the error "emulator_multicpu.exe has stopped working" whenever I start model 2 with demulshooter running. Any suggestions?
Hello,
1) Make sure you're using the latest version of model2 (v1.1a)
2) Make sure you're playin the same rom than demulshooter's param
3) You can run demulshooter with the -v option and paste here the result of the "debug.txt" file, it may help

Yardley

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 20, 2023, 07:35:08 pm
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2017, 01:42:19 pm »
Hello,
1) Make sure you're using the latest version of model2 (v1.1a)
2) Make sure you're playin the same rom than demulshooter's param
3) You can run demulshooter with the -v option and paste here the result of the "debug.txt" file, it may help

Thanks for the reply, I actually got it working by starting from scratch. I also had demulshooter in the same directory as model 2, I placed it in it's own directory this time. All is good now!

I do have another question, I'm playing on a widescreen display but want to keep the 4:3 resolution. I set the fullscreen resolution to 1280x1024 but the crosshairs are kind of small. Is there any way to make them bigger? If I set the fullscreen resolution to 640x480 it displays a widescreen picture even though I have WideScreenWindow=0 set in the ini.

burn_654

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 03:31:13 pm
« Reply #308 on: February 23, 2017, 06:39:55 am »
I do have another question, I'm playing on a widescreen display but want to keep the 4:3 resolution. I set the fullscreen resolution to 1280x1024 but the crosshairs are kind of small. Is there any way to make them bigger? If I set the fullscreen resolution to 640x480 it displays a widescreen picture even though I have WideScreenWindow=0 set in the ini.

That sounds like an option with your lcd monitor may be interfering - check the 'aspect ratio' and 'zoom' options to see if there some sort of 'preserve aspect ratio' setting, it could very well be stretching everything to 16:9...do other emulators in 4:3 resolutions (such as 640x480) work correctly?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
« Reply #309 on: February 23, 2017, 04:48:44 pm »
http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=84888
Amazing news, don't you like American Laser Games? This makes Gallaghers gallery playable, unemulated till now.
Winae is for sure the hardest emulator i've used, it have advanced input options but seems to read only relative coordinates. Anybody have tried to play this with lightguns?

Also another interesting emulator for the alg games like Shootout at old tucson and 3do games is Phoenix
http://www.arts-union.ru/smf/index.php?PHPSESSID=o09fdses510dibm6dot8ec2q73&topic=414.0
It rawinput seems to work for mice but no for lightguns. I tried to communicate with the autor (pages 71 and 72) but the language was a huge problem.

Both games were arcade cabinets that used an amiga in one hand, and a 3do in the other as processor
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 04:53:51 pm by phasermaniac »

Ward-iz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2018, 05:26:55 am
Does the demulshooter program work on windows 10 , every time I try to run it in the command line a windows screen pops up and says "this app cannot run on your pc"

I'm trying to get the model 2 running with it so I can use my aimtrack guns .

I'm using demulshooter 4.6 and model 2 version 1.1a

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:56 am
Is there a way to have two separate crosshair images (for those of us that use them) like Troubleshooter?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Does the demulshooter program work on windows 10 , every time I try to run it in the command line a windows screen pops up and says "this app cannot run on your pc"

I'm trying to get the model 2 running with it so I can use my aimtrack guns .

I'm using demulshooter 4.6 and model 2 version 1.1a
Hi, so far I can't test with windows10 as I have no acces to any computer with it.
I'll try to get a copy to test it on a virtualbox environment.
Does anyone else using windows 10 is having any trouble ?

Did you try to run the cmd.exe as an administrator ?
And did you try to set demulshooter.exe compatibility to a previous windows version (if it still possible to do so with win10 ?)

Is there a way to have two separate crosshair images (for those of us that use them) like Troubleshooter?
You mean customs crosshair icons, and usable for every emulator ?
It may be possible, I'll have a look
« Last Edit: March 06, 2017, 03:09:09 am by argonlefou »

DarthMarino

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:51:56 am
You mean customs crosshair icons, and usable for every emulator ?
It may be possible, I'll have a look

Yeah, so both players crosshairs look different.

Ward-iz

• Offline Offline
I've tried the compatibility option on windows , it adjusts the program to windows 8 settings . Sometimes when I run it from the command line I get a small cross hair symbol pops up in the bottom right of the screen in the task bar.
Then I'll open the model2m emulator and load gunblade , the blue cross appears on different parts of the screen when I move the gun , not smooth at all . The Red Cross hair just stays still when I move the other gun .
I've got raw input set to 1 on the model 2 emulator ini . Is there any other step that I am not doing to make this work ?
Thanks .
Using windows 10 and 2 aimtrack guns .

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
I got it working on windows10 and didn't need to change compatibility options

Ward-iz

• Offline Offline
I got it working on windows10 and didn't need to change compatibility options

Did it work straight away ? Did you have to change any settings to get it going ?

Ward-iz

• Offline Offline
Finally got it working , I don't think I was typing in the correct line in the command line screen possibly . It suddenly worked when I had already opened up the model2 program. With it open I went into the command line entered the line for model2m and rom gunblade. I then selected gunblade from the model2 rom list , started the game and both guns worked perfectly .
Thanks for the help and sorry about the novice questions , still quite new to the command line stuff .

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Finally got it working , I don't think I was typing in the correct line in the command line screen possibly . It suddenly worked when I had already opened up the model2 program. With it open I went into the command line entered the line for model2m and rom gunblade. I then selected gunblade from the model2 rom list , started the game and both guns worked perfectly .
Thanks for the help and sorry about the novice questions , still quite new to the command line stuff .
Nice ! Enjoy :)

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 13, 2023, 10:03:59 am
Quake 2 gunfrenzy does work with usb guns (ps2 guncon and aimtrak) just in single player. It's actually pretty fun for a quake fan.

How did you get it working on more modern OSes? Or are you using one with support for the kind of javascript the launcher uses? I'd love to be able to boot it up, the best I can get out of it is what I assume is the demo mode by using +set game on the quake exe.