Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 976104 times)

dgrace

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 01:49:26 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
So we're you able to successfully play ps2 games with dual light guns in pcsx2? If so, that's impressive.  I need to translate all that french and give it a whirl

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 01:34:11 am
So we're you able to successfully play ps2 games with dual light guns in pcsx2? If so, that's impressive.  I need to translate all that french and give it a whirl
Yes it's working fine ! Not user friendly to set it up but it's working....though it's possible to make it user friendly to play

On a general note, I updated DemulShooter to v3.3
Not much in here :
- Added the new way of handling the -noresize for Demul. Less blocking way (I only block mouse, no more keyboard)
- Added "House of the dead 2&3 return" and "Dead Space Extraction" support for Dolphin. More in the README file

Please note that Wii game (DeadSpace for example) use so much buttons + nunchuk + whatever thay have on a wiimote that it's not easy to play them fully.....it's not an arcade base game with shoot/reload/start :(

« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 08:15:00 am by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
That's awesome man.  Can't wait to see if I can't play some vampire nights in dual mode.  That game rocks.  Or Crisis Zone. 

Would it possible to incorporate PCSX2 into the DemulShooter down the road like you did with Sega Model 2 and Demul? That would be epic.  A lot of great PS2 shooter games. 

Thanks Man

dgrace

• Offline Offline
On a side note, are you able to get House of Dead II working on Dolphin? It seems to never work (only HOTD3) for some reason.  I've read about it online and it seems a lot of people are having issues with getting HOTD2 to work on Dolphin. 

Also, LA Machineguns/Gunblade, Gunslingers, Resident Evil Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles, and Martian Panic are super fun light gun games on the Wii and would be awesome in dual mode.  Thanks again for all that you do. 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
That's awesome man.  Can't wait to see if I can't play some vampire nights in dual mode.  That game rocks.  Or Crisis Zone. 

Would it possible to incorporate PCSX2 into the DemulShooter down the road like you did with Sega Model 2 and Demul? That would be epic.  A lot of great PS2 shooter games. 

Thanks Man
Nothing is impossible...it's just a matter of time and difficulty  :lol
More seriously, I quickly looked into PCXS2 already, and found some interresting stuff at the time but (and I didn't try too much) not a shared-place between all games. And there are quite a few games so I'd rather find something better.
Moreover it would be a not-so-clean-hack as Nuvee plugin would still be needed because it's the only way (it's an USB driver) to make light gun games playable with a lightgun. Without Nuve plugin the game acts as if there is only a dualshock.
So....it might be on my to-do-list for the future but not on my priority list as it's already a working thing....the only issue I have is (again) that it may invert guns order if plugged-unplugged (not as often as MAME, it's rare but it can happen)
A (far) better solution would be a better (and simpler) pluggin  ;D

On a side note, are you able to get House of Dead II working on Dolphin? It seems to never work (only HOTD3) for some reason.  I've read about it online and it seems a lot of people are having issues with getting HOTD2 to work on Dolphin. 
Hotd2 never worked at home, and to be honest I do not care at all as it is perfectly playable on Demul (the arcade way, THE REAL way  ;D)

Also, LA Machineguns/Gunblade, Gunslingers, Resident Evil Umbrella & Darkside Chronicles, and Martian Panic are super fun light gun games on the Wii and would be awesome in dual mode.  Thanks again for all that you do.
Thank you, didn't kno about some of them. I'll got them and add them next time  ;)
As as said, it's just a matter of button mapping, look into the README and I'm sure you'll find an already-supported-dolphin-game whose mapping may suit one of those (maybe not for Resident Evil, I kind of remember you have to move yourself in this one ?)

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 11:17:20 am
House of the dead 2 & 3 return both work great in dolphin 5.0

Enviado desde mi SM-G531H mediante Tapatalk

dgrace

• Offline Offline
That reminds me, do we need to still utilize the Dolphin version 4.0.2 X86 or would version 5.0 work as well?

fjser

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2024, 01:42:51 pm
Hi - thank you so much for making this utility.  Lightgun games are my favorite by far, and this upped them to top status in my cab  I do have a couple questions for you.

In dolphin - I cant seem to get P2 working at all.  I have used the aimtrak utility to setup both guns with mouse left, middle, right as my buttons. When i open dolphin and go to p2 config I see it set to the SDL for aimtrak 2. if i attempt to change this to anything else, it doesnt accept the option, and i have to refresh the list, and it then shows teh SDL for aimtrak 2 again.  When i play ghost squad, the first player works prefectly, but pushing any buttons on aimtrak 2 never adds the player to the game..  Can you think of anything I should check?

Also - have you considered supporting House of the Dead overkill on the PC?  its available as part of typing of the dead overkill and includes extra levels not included in the Wii Version...

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Is it possible to add crosshairs to demul games, or any kind of crosshair or mouse cursor to Ranger Mission? Just Curious

totoplay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2023, 04:56:04 am
Hello,

First of all thanks for this masterpiece!

I'm using Windows 10 / Azerty / Aimtrak setup (Mouse left, Mouse Right, Mouse middle)

-- Demul & Model 2 = Working
-- HOTD 3 PC = Triggers are not working for both guns (TroubleShooter 2 works fine)
-- Dolphin = Same problem as "fjser"... pushing any buttons on aimtrak 2 never adds the player to the game

WiimoteNew.ini generated by Demulshooter

[Wiimote1]
Device = DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse
Buttons/A = `Click 2`  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<  replaced with `Click 1` for player 1 to work
Buttons/B = `Click 0`
Buttons/1 = 1
Buttons/2 = 2
[Wiimote2]
Source = 1
Device = SDL/0/ATRAK Device #2
Buttons/A = `Button 0`
Buttons/B = `Button 1`
Buttons/+ = `Button 2`
Buttons/- = `Button 5`

Any ideas ???

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
That reminds me, do we need to still utilize the Dolphin version 4.0.2 X86 or would version 5.0 work as well?
Dolphin 5.0 will not work at all today for a very simple reason : now, they only release x64 binaries and DemulShooter (for now) is a 32bit executable, and has no access to a 64bit application's memory
One more thing on the to-do-list...

In dolphin - I cant seem to get P2 working at all.  I have used the aimtrak utility to setup both guns with mouse left, middle, right as my buttons. When i open dolphin and go to p2 config I see it set to the SDL for aimtrak 2. if i attempt to change this to anything else, it doesnt accept the option, and i have to refresh the list, and it then shows teh SDL for aimtrak 2 again.  When i play ghost squad, the first player works prefectly, but pushing any buttons on aimtrak 2 never adds the player to the game..  Can you think of anything I should check?
Ok, you can try this :
- Go to where Dolphin save the Wiimote config : MyDocuments/Dolphin Emulator/Config/
- Remove the file WiimoteNew.ini (and WiimoteNewBak.ini if there is one)
- Double click DemulShooter.exe and on the Dolphin tab reinstall the config file
- Edit the WiimoteNew.ini file and under the [Wiimote2] section, replace :
"Device = SDL/0/ATRAK DEvice #2" by "Device = SDL/0/ATRAK DEvice #1"
- Save the file and try to play a game with DemulShooter

If it's sill not working :

- Open the Wiimote config screen, and for Player2, click on the "clear" button to remove every parameter
- In the devce list, you should have many entries, and hopefully at least 2 SDL to choose from
- Select one of them, click on a button to assign a key and try to push an Aimtrak Joy button (beware, not a click one like the trigger, but an aimtrak button like "Button1")
- If nothing is seen, change the device and try again
- If you can assign a button (and then if it's little square becomes red when you click on the Aimtrak Button), validate, close, go to the ini file, copy the line with the device name somewhere. Then remove the file and reinstall the ini with demulshooter, edit the ini and replace
"Device = SDL/0/ATRAK DEvice #2" by the line you copied

Yeah it sucks but the emulator is made that way :(

Also - have you considered supporting House of the Dead overkill on the PC?  its available as part of typing of the dead overkill and includes extra levels not included in the Wii Version...
I'd love to, the game looks like fantastic compared to Wii version.....but unfortunately Windows version does not have a local-coop mode !!!! Only 2P via internet  :angry:
Moreover I can't find a way to unpack this game's files and get rid of this f***ing big crosshair on screen :(

That, I don't know

« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 04:39:51 am by argonlefou »

Boojakascha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2016, 05:16:38 am
** Blue Estate [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Download Here
Overwrite the file in COOKEDPCCONSOLE subfolder of game install dir

The link seems to be dead. Could you please upload the patch again? I was waiting for a patch since the game came out and now I go crazy by happyness that you did one.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
** Blue Estate [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Download Here
Overwrite the file in COOKEDPCCONSOLE subfolder of game install dir

The link seems to be dead. Could you please upload the patch again? I was waiting for a patch since the game came out and now I go crazy by happyness that you did one.

The link is working fine bu I understand it's not easy to know what to do for non-french people
I made a Mega account, it will be easier. Here's a mirror link : BEGame.upk
  :)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:17:09 pm by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Having some trouble with Silent Hill Arcade.  I followed all the instructions, set keys, loaded DemulShooter, changed settings in test/service mode, game loaded fine but once I press player 1 start button, it looks like it's about to load from there and then it kicks me out and this error message shows up. "A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly."  My computer is connected to my HD TV 720 16:9 so I don't know if it's a resolution issue.  Help?

hyo2012

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2024, 05:24:10 am
First, I'm not good at English grammar, because I'm south Korean. Consider that :)

I'm looking for dual lightgun method for demul and I found this forum and article. So I just now resister the forum, to write reply.

I'm very  glad that you uploaded and explained everything that I wanted.

Read me tutorial is very helpful so I easily setup my dual lightgun for demul. Thanks a lot.

And I have a request.

Recently, Dolphin 5.0 comming out, but it supports only x64.

Can you modify demulshooter for Dolphin 5.0? Appreciate for your  work

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Having some trouble with Silent Hill Arcade.  I followed all the instructions, set keys, loaded DemulShooter, changed settings in test/service mode, game loaded fine but once I press player 1 start button, it looks like it's about to load from there and then it kicks me out and this error message shows up. "A Problem caused the program to stop working correctly."  My computer is connected to my HD TV 720 16:9 so I don't know if it's a resolution issue.  Help?
As I wrote in the README file, setting up the game correctly might be the hardest part sometimes for this game.
So please make sure that the game simply runs fine before adding DemulShooter for it.
My 2 cents :
1) Make sure you installes K-lite codec pack (this is if the game hangs out when the intro should be playing)
2) Launch the game with KASH_no_cursor.exe directly (instead of using the loader) to verify if the game is working fine
3) If you reach this step, crash is caused by enhancements in the loader settings (fullscreen, resolution, etc....) and that's all on you ...I didn"t make this loader :(

First, I'm not good at English grammar, because I'm south Korean. Consider that :)

I'm looking for dual lightgun method for demul and I found this forum and article. So I just now resister the forum, to write reply.

I'm very  glad that you uploaded and explained everything that I wanted.

Read me tutorial is very helpful so I easily setup my dual lightgun for demul. Thanks a lot.

And I have a request.

Recently, Dolphin 5.0 comming out, but it supports only x64.

Can you modify demulshooter for Dolphin 5.0? Appreciate for your  work
Thank you !
As I said a few posts back, I worked a little on it and it's on my To-Do-List for a future update.
But I can't tell you when (and if it will work !)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:25:11 am by PL1 »

Boojakascha

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 14, 2016, 05:16:38 am
The link is working fine bu I understand it's not easy to know what to do for non-french people
I made a Mega account, it will be easier. Here's a mirror link : BEGame.upk

Thank you so much argonlefou!!! You are just the nicest person!

I had French in School for about 7-8 years... I think I am just dumb^^ :-)

dgrace

• Offline Offline
I got Silent Hill to work. Pretty awesome. Thanks. Quick question. Is there a trick to playing it two player without the cursor/crosshair? Do you just change something in the ini file?

fjser

• Offline Offline
Im getting further with the dolphin player 2 setup, but have a question, in your final steps you mention pushing a joystick button, nbut i have the two side buttons on my aimtrak configured for mouse middle and mouse right...are you not supposed to do that for player 2 with dolphin?  in the other emulators in the read me you mention setting the buttons to mouse right and mouse middle, so i did that for both guns. If i change aimtrak config to make the buttons on the side joystick buttons and not mouse buttons, then the presses are seen in the dolphin config tool..

fjser

• Offline Offline
I spent some more time testing after I posted above, and I think im finding out the Dolphin doesnt work for P1 or P2 - here is what i have observed -

1) If i run the demulshooter config to replace the controller config, then i open demul 4.0.2.  I can see the P1 controller settings are set as expected.  At this point, if i move my mouse, or either aimtrak gun, the little red dot on the wiimote config screen moves around the square as normal.

2) Next while leaving dolphin open, i run demulshooter -target=dolphin -rom=ghostsqu from command line.  Now, the mouse and P2 aimtrak stop controlling the red dot on the wii mote config screen.  The P1 aimtrak moves the dot, which to mean, means demulshooter is doing its job (great!)

3) I then start ghosesquad, get to the start screen, hit + on my keyboard, but the p1 aimtrak no longer controls the cross hair in game. I have a feeling that when i thought it was working for p1 previously, i had forgotten to start demulshooter maybe, and it was just the standard mouse control i was seeing.

4) For P2, I have found that if demul shooter is not running, and i use the aimtrak config utility to set the side buttons to button 1 and button 2, then the dolphin config registers the button presses. If i have demulshooter running, it does not detect them,  Changing the buttons in aimtrak utility back to mouse middle and mouse right also fail to have any impact

At this point, I have some wii motes i can use for teh dolphin shooters, but if you would like me to do any other troubleshooting or have any other ideas on whats going on, let me know and I will be happy to test or provide feedback.

Thanks again for the awesome program...

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Im getting further with the dolphin player 2 setup, but have a question, in your final steps you mention pushing a joystick button, nbut i have the two side buttons on my aimtrak configured for mouse middle and mouse right...are you not supposed to do that for player 2 with dolphin?  in the other emulators in the read me you mention setting the buttons to mouse right and mouse middle, so i did that for both guns. If i change aimtrak config to make the buttons on the side joystick buttons and not mouse buttons, then the presses are seen in the dolphin config tool..
Yes, in fact Aimtrak buttons can be assign either to one of the mouse button (left/middle/right) or to one of Aimtrak's emulated joypad buttons.
Usually Trigger is set to left-click onscreen, and right-click outscreen
Then according to the gun housing, users have more or less physical buttons to assign (and so twice as virtual buttons with onscreen/outscreen)
Dolphin, when set to use a SDL joystick, will recognize in its settings windows only emulated joypad buttons (not mouse click, that's normal for a jostick...). But, in fact, it does not matter as DemulShooter gets both guns mouse events and inject data directly into Dolphin's memory. Dolphin then thinks that a joypad button has been pressed even though it was a trigger/leftclick that DemulShooter transformed.
It's the same for P2 axis, with an aimtrak set a "mouse emulation" there is no Joypad Axis movement recognized in Dolphin's setting sceen. DemulShooter is making the word to feed it by getting mouse coordonates
That's why I have to give you a pre-made config, as the joypads buttons (in process memory) to redirect mouseclicks are fixed in the code

One issue with all of this is not to feed Dolphin but WHERE, in memory, to feed.
Forget what I told you earlier : that's was too much unclear and  - finally - not pertinent.
And yes yes of course let your trigger and buttons set to mouse click with the aimtrak software (other emulators won't work if not !). I was talking about other buttons (maybe you do not have more on your guns !) that could have been set to Joypad buttons.

1) If i run the demulshooter config to replace the controller config, then i open demul 4.0.2.  I can see the P1 controller settings are set as expected.  At this point, if i move my mouse, or either aimtrak gun, the little red dot on the wiimote config screen moves around the square as normal.

2) Next while leaving dolphin open, i run demulshooter -target=dolphin -rom=ghostsqu from command line.  Now, the mouse and P2 aimtrak stop controlling the red dot on the wii mote config screen.  The P1 aimtrak moves the dot, which to mean, means demulshooter is doing its job (great!)

3) I then start ghosesquad, get to the start screen, hit + on my keyboard, but the p1 aimtrak no longer controls the cross hair in game. I have a feeling that when i thought it was working for p1 previously, i had forgotten to start demulshooter maybe, and it was just the standard mouse control i was seeing.
Untill here, everything's normal, yes !

4) For P2, I have found that if demul shooter is not running, and i use the aimtrak config utility to set the side buttons to button 1 and button 2, then the dolphin config registers the button presses. If i have demulshooter running, it does not detect them,  Changing the buttons in aimtrak utility back to mouse middle and mouse right also fail to have any impact
No more detection is normal, SDL inputs are blocked and only DemulShooter feeds the emulator with button pressed data.
what should happen though, is for you to see some buttons become red even if a mouse click is pushed as it should be transform into a (B) press (for left click for example)

To make it quick I can give you 2 "solutions" :

1) in the Wiimote settings, note all the SDL devices seen by Dolphin.
Than for each one, edit the WiimoterNew.ini and write it's ID, run DemulShooter, run Dolphin and see if P2 works. I cannot do more with this :(
I don't really understand how dolphin affects controllers, sometime it swaps them in it's process memory :(

2) Wait a little for me to release v4. I nearly finished Dolphin 5.0 support and there are a lot of changes in the way they handle Devices.  ;)
I don't say it will work better, but it's different  ;D

EDIT : Oh, and out of curiosity, try to run DemulShooter with the -v option and copy here the debug file. It may contain some info regarding Dolphin address errors

« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 03:29:17 am by argonlefou »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
I got Silent Hill to work. Pretty awesome. Thanks. Quick question. Is there a trick to playing it two player without the cursor/crosshair? Do you just change something in the ini file?
In the Silent Hill folder there should be a "sv" subfolder.
Overwrite the CrossHair.cur file with this one

That reminds me I totally forgot to add a button for this in DemulShooter's GUI

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Dolphin issues
Well, I really invite you to wait a few more days : I changed the method to support dolphin4 so that it's the same as dolphin5, and everything will be packed and available early next week ;)
Tthis method will be much more easy to set up and reliable (well, at least I find it easier and more reliable  ;D)

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
Argonlefou, you are the man!!!!!

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
In the Silent Hill folder there should be a "sv" subfolder.
Overwrite the CrossHair.cur file with this one

That reminds me I totally forgot to add a button for this in DemulShooter's GUI
Its possible to play in 2 player mode in silent hill arcade!?!?!?!?!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Its possible to play in 2 player mode in silent hill arcade!?!?!?!?!

Of course  ;D
You'll find detailed instruction in the README file (for DemulShooter)

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
You are awesome man, thank you!

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Do we think it will be possible to play Blue Estate in dual light gun mode? That would be epic.

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to hack Star Wars Trilogy sega model 3 to play in dual light gun mode? Prolly not but a guy can dream:)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Do we think it will be possible to play Blue Estate in dual light gun mode? That would be epic.

Also, I wonder if it would be possible to hack Star Wars Trilogy sega model 3 to play in dual light gun mode? Prolly not but a guy can dream:)
About Blue Estate, it has been said a few posts back that it is not possibke for now because of how the game handles controllers.
To make it quick, game does not allow player 2 untill a compatible gamepad (i.e x360) is plugged and activated. Aimtrak is not this kind of device

I don't know about star wars trilogy, but model3 does not need anything more: supermodel emulator already support raw input and multiplayer lightgun natively
« Last Edit: July 16, 2016, 09:43:51 pm by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Maybe one day on blue estate. I know the supermodel has a native raw input. I was just hopeful someone could hack that game and make it two player even though it's only one player. It would be epic in dual mode.  Maybe one day. Thanks

dgrace

• Offline Offline
Installing k-lite codec did the trick on silent hill btw. Sorry for missing that step. Game rocks btw. I can't say thanks enough. Troubleshooter 1 was super buggy and my Antivirus hated it. And TS2 was beyond complicated and I never got to work and eventually gave up. Demulshooter was pretty damm simple in comparison.  It's night and day. Next step, figuring out how to get it to load directly via Hyperspin RocketlauncherUI via the function AHK.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Ok guys, here's the update to 4.0 !

- Added a button on DemulShooter's GUI to set up transparent cursor automatically for "Silent Hill : The arcade"
- All other changes are related to Dolphin Emulator : Added support for 5.0,  and completelly changed the way the emulator and controls were handled. Dolphin 4.0.2 x86 still supported and now has to be used exactly like Dolphin 5.0

Please read carrefully the readme for Dolphin set-up/usage

I tried to make it as user-friendly as possible so please let me know if it's unclear or if you have any trouble with Dolphin
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:36:46 am by argonlefou »

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
Great!!! What games are compatible in dolphin?

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
Thank you for all this great work, by the way!!!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Great!!! What games are compatible in dolphin?

all of them
There's no more game select for Dolphin

totoplay

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 13, 2023, 04:56:04 am
Demul and Model 2 are working great with v4.
HOTD3 -> No shoot both players
DOLPHIN -> Same problem as before

I am using Arcade Guns (no middle mouse allowed), could it be the reason?

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
The are any tutorial to config aimtrack guns in dolphin out there?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
The are any tutorial to config aimtrack guns in dolphin out there?

As I said, read carrefully the README file that comes with the zip. Everything is explained inside in the Dolphin section (clearly enough I hope !  ;D)

Demul and Model 2 are working great with v4.
HOTD3 -> No shoot both players
DOLPHIN -> Same problem as before

I am using Arcade Guns (no middle mouse allowed), could it be the reason?
First I'm very very very sorry that I missed your 1st message :(
So let's see ...
HOD3 :
If TS2 is working we can assume you got the good version of the game.
You said both triggers were not working, but are the axis working ? can you move both cursors ?
And to be sure that everything is setting up nicely  run demulshooterfor HOD3 and with the -v command at the end, and please copy here the result of the debug.txt file

DOLPHIN:
You'll have to help me by giving some details, before we go deeper to resolve this :
- Exact version of Dolphin ?
- Are "arcade guns" made with aimtrak ? if so, can you configure your buttons ?
- Same as before, run demulshooter with a -v so that I can have the debug.txt

« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 07:22:56 pm by argonlefou »

fjser

• Offline Offline
argonlefou -

Thanks for the new version. I now have it working my arcade cabinet for all modes/games you outlined. I was able to tweak hyperspin front end for all the settings you mentioned, so if anyone using it has problems, just ping here and I can see if I can help.

i did notice a couple issues with the readme file that may cause some of the confusion:

- In section 4 - Execution, under target, you dont have dolphin5 listed for dolphin 5.0. I figured it out from the example you gave later in the document.

- Under player 2 config in dolphin, you may want to mention to leave the player 2 set as Keyboard/Mouse regardless of what position the aimtrak is in the list.  I almost changed it before i realized how exactly you did this :)

Once i figured out those two things,  its now working 100% for me!  Dolphin works even better than using real wiimotes.  the only issue i have left to figure out is how to reload in House of the DEad 2 and 3 on Wii.  (Ghost squad lets me move outside the screen, and overkill works by hitting A button or shaking the remote).

Thanks again for such an awesome tool. Im seeing a light gun party in my near future.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
argonlefou -

Thanks for the new version. I now have it working my arcade cabinet for all modes/games you outlined. I was able to tweak hyperspin front end for all the settings you mentioned, so if anyone using it has problems, just ping here and I can see if I can help.

i did notice a couple issues with the readme file that may cause some of the confusion:

- In section 4 - Execution, under target, you dont have dolphin5 listed for dolphin 5.0. I figured it out from the example you gave later in the document.

- Under player 2 config in dolphin, you may want to mention to leave the player 2 set as Keyboard/Mouse regardless of what position the aimtrak is in the list.  I almost changed it before i realized how exactly you did this :)

Thanks, I'm glad it's working somewhere else  :D
And thanks again for the README, this is exactly the kind of review I was waiting for !
Big typo indeed for the target list, it was updated in the -h command help but not in the README file, that may explain some issues people got just before your message  :embarassed:
dolphin 4.0.2 is set by -target=dolphin4
dolphin 5.0 is set by -target=dolphin5

As for Dolphin, you're right, I forgot this point !
Moreover I noticed the step numbers were totally fu**ed up after 5) or 6)....

I updated the zip with the new README (no change to the program)

Once i figured out those two things,  its now working 100% for me!  Dolphin works even better than using real wiimotes.  the only issue i have left to figure out is how to reload in House of the DEad 2 and 3 on Wii.  (Ghost squad lets me move outside the screen, and overkill works by hitting A button or shaking the remote).
For House of dead, set B button for 'click 0' | 'click 1' (you can do this in Dolphin config by right clickin a button and adding manually values for it, then use the | OR button, or directly edit the WiimoteNew.ini)
Then set the IR/Hide button to "click 1"

That way, right clicking will hide the Wiimote (out of screen) and shoot at the same time -> Reload  ;)

In martian Panic, you have to set your right click to IR/Hide too to reload (no need to fire at the same time). Too bad this game has a crosshair we can't remove :(
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 02:39:17 am by argonlefou »