Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 971854 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 06:21:46 am
Based on the idea of the excellent TroubleShooter 2 from Howard_Casto, I made my own to use dual gun on Demul and so making it possible to play excellent 2P games like House of the Dead 2, Maze of the kings, etc...

It requires .Net framework 2.0, and Win XP minimum
Download Link : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/releases/latest

Source code available here : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter
User guide : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki
Release : https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/releases/latest

** Aliens: Extermination **
- No Crosshair Patch: Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing file in the "DATA" subfolder of the Aliens game (inside the VM)

** Blue Estate [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
According to the version of your game, you have to download one of those following file.
Check md5 sum of your BEgame.upk file (in COOKEDPCCONSOLE subfolder of game install dir)
md5 = E5E816B2F3BC3F1095B16A7E3850FD68 (DVD version ?):
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Mirror2 [dl.free.fr]

md5 = FE76FB4294DFB2617D724CE7DD94BE70 (Steam updated version ?):
Mirror1 [mega.nz]

Overwrite the file in COOKEDPCCONSOLE subfolder of game install dir

**  Dark Escape Patcher  **
 Mirror1 [mega.nz] :
Remove crosshair and/or remove SENSOR ERROR message

** Elevator Action Invasion - No crosshair patch**
Mirror1[mega.nz]

** Far Cry Paradise - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]

** Friction - Res Changer **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]

** Fright Fear Land / Haunted Museum 2 - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [Github]
Use this patcher to patch your exe and remove crosshairs
Or use it simply to know which version of the game you have

** Gaia Attack 4 - No Crosshair Patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing files in "/data" subfolder

** Gundam : Spirit of Zeon - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing files in "/data/images/" subfolder

** Heavy Fire Afghanistan [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]       
Just overwrite the files in "\data\menu\hud" subdirectory

** Heavy Fire Shattered Spear [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]       
Just overwrite the folders in "\data\menu" subdirectory

** House of the Dead II [PC] - No Crosshair patch ** (Thanks to MrLightGun)
Mirror1 [mega.nz]       
Just overwrite the file on the "tex" subfolder

** House of the Dead 3 [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]       
Mirror2 [dl.free.fr]
Just overwrite the SPR.AFS original file which is located on the "fs" folder inside game install folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD3_EU\fs\SPR.AFS)

** House of the Dead Overkill [PC] - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite files in the game folder

** Let's Go Island : Lost in the Island of Tropics - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing file in "/data/acroarts/2D/" subfolder

** Let's Go Island 3D - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing file in "/data/acroarts/2D/" subfolder

** Music Gun Gun! 2 - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite existing file in "/pack/" subfolder

** Operation G.H.O.S.T - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Unzip in the \root\img\UI\UI_hud_common subdirectory of the game (make backup first !)
I've not remove the "single shot" dot as it is used in sniper mission, but the textures are in a sinple .png file so feel free to change as you wish ;)

** Operation G.H.O.S.T - Red Blood patch **
Miror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite the 3 .dds files in the "\root\Effect\hit_effect\" subfolder of the game

** Sailor Zombie - No Crosshair  **
Mirror 1 [Mega.nz]

** Sega Dream Riders - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror 1 [mega.nz]
Just overwrite "\data" folder in game directory

** Sega Golden Guns - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Overwrite /fs/bank/ sub directory

** Transformers : Human Alliance - No Crosshair patch **
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Overwrite files in /fs/bank/ sub directory

** Virtua Cop 3 - No Crosshair patch (for Cxbx-reloaded emulator)**
Mirror1 [mega.nz]
Overwrite file in /media/ sub directory

** RingSystem Service and Test menus Tool for Jconfig**
https://github.com/argonlefou/RingSystem_ServiceMenu/releases
« Last Edit: June 23, 2023, 05:40:20 am by argonlefou »

romshark

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2023, 02:50:59 pm
  • Arcade and Robotics enthusiast
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL)
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 12:48:23 pm »
It's always bad when you read these things on your phone on your way to work, and cant even try it out for a while. I look forward to trying this out, though.
Does this add "escape to close Demul" functionality like TS2 does, or do I still need to use the closemul program too? Will closemul and this program cause any conflicts with each other?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 02:48:07 pm »
I'm not using closemul (on my cab I close Demul by pressing 2 buttons, thanks to a simple autohotkey script which send ALT+F4), but there should not be any interference. I'm just blocking in-game mouse input (movevement/click) read by the padDemul pluggin so that I can inject P1 and P2 values myself
Everything else (coin, start, service, test buttons etc...) is left untouched

romshark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2016, 02:56:38 am »
Tried it on my cabinet, and it works beautifully. Tried it with HOTD2 and Confidential Mission.
I'll see if the USB device assignment continue to hold up over the next couple days as I plug in mice and trackballs, and turn on and off the system. It sounds promising though. Maybe this method can be used in a future version of TroubleShooter 2?

Oh, and Closemul worked perfectly with it. Now that I'm not on my cell phone, I see that DemulShooter is executed first, THEN run "closemul.exe demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=hotd2."

Some notes to help others out.
The mouse cursor flickers between the points that the  guns are pointed at. I hide the cursor using nomousy. Works great.
Just like some games in MAME, you should calibrate the guns "in-game" (using the test button menu).
The instructions say DemulShooter.exe, but the file is actually DemulShooter_1.0.exe. A simple fix, just rename the executable. (I know this sounds obvious, but someone's going to be in a hurry, not realize this, and get frustrated.)

You and Howard_Castro both deserve a round of applause. You both gave us dual gun usage in a lot of games on the Sega systems (Model 2 and Naomi.) I wouldn't be surprised to see an arcade project here that only plays gun games in the near future.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 03:21:55 am by romshark »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2016, 05:08:38 am »
Some notes to help others out.
The mouse cursor flickers between the points that the  guns are pointed at. I hide the cursor using nomousy. Works great.
Just like some games in MAME, you should calibrate the guns "in-game" (using the test button menu).
Yes, because windows cannot handle more than one cursor so it makes it flicker between the two "real position" in game. Demul hides the cursor when going manually in fullscreen with ALT+ENTER, but unfortunately if you check "start in fullscreen" it does not hide the cursor automatically.
Nomousy is exactly what is needed in that case :)
As a sidenote, this cursor was usefull : On my cab I ran demul in fullscreen and used the cursor to calibrate (TEST/SERVICE menu for each rom) precisely my aimtraks one after the other. If you point only one gun at once the cursor will correspond perfectly with the gun aiming position  :)

The instructions say DemulShooter.exe, but the file is actually DemulShooter_1.0.exe. A simple fix, just rename the executable. (I know this sounds obvious, but someone's going to be in a hurry, not realize this, and get frustrated.)
Ooops my bad  :-\ I'll change that in the next release. I'm halfway to make it work with older version of Demul for people stuck with WinXp and Directx10

I wouldn't be surprised to see an arcade project here that only plays gun games in the near future.
That's my current project :)
So far I have 2P working perfectly on :
 - Model2 and some PC games (house of dead 3 mostly !) thanks to Howard. If someone is interrested I found how to hack HoD3 to totally remove ingame crosshair ! ;D
 - Model 3 with supermodel (Jurrasic Park : The Lost World)
 - Naomi with Demul + DemulShooter
 - PS2 (EPSX2 + nuvee plugin) for some good games (Time Crisis 2 & 3 mostly, Crisis Zone and some others too)
 - MAME

And for now only 1P working on :
 - Dolphin (House of the dead overkill, ghost squad)
 - Blue Estate on PC (fun game, there also I removed crosshair with a little hack)
 - Typing of the dead overkill on PC (there's House of the dead overkill inside but I still can't remove the crosshair)
 - Silent Hill : The Arcade (PC unofficial port)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 05:11:38 am by argonlefou »

burn_654

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 03:31:13 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2016, 10:22:34 am »
Wow, this is exciting!

I'm definitely going to have to check this out when I change to windows 7...for what it's worth I'm using demul 0.56 on windows xp though I think I could investigate 0.57 again, I was just having some performance issues with it. I'm pretty sure that after that they moved past directx9 video plugins (thus windows xp wouldn't work) though I could be wrong.

This is particularly exciting as I'm close to finalizing my circuit to improve pc functionality for the ps2 guncon2's, to produce two different button clicks off of a trigger - one instantaneous to start a software 'flash', another that is delayed a few ms to hopefully do a raw mouseclick while the flash occurs. This would allow cheap guncon2's to be used in a raw input mode with most lightgun situations under Windows 7 (including troubleshooter2 and hopefully, demulshooter!) using the topgun driver. I prototyped the idea purely through generating software/directinput clicks but that alternate method would not really work for software that needs rawinput for two players such as this. I'll put your software on the list of tests to run with my new circuit!

Here's a fun one you should try with lightguns - quake 2 gunfrenzy, also known as q2gunfrenzy. It's an arcade lightgun mod for quake 2 and it's very fun for quake fans. It basically turns some levels into an on-rails experience, panning the view to point you towards nearby enemies.

http://frenzy.gl.tter.org/

I couldn't get 2 players working with 2 usb guncons...it seems it was made specifically for actlab guns and if it doesn't detect two of them somehow, it locks it to 1 usb gun mode. Still cool!

Hotd3 without a crosshair is pretty intriguing too...seriously stuff like this makes me want to work harder on my ideas to share :applaud:
« Last Edit: February 25, 2016, 10:25:08 am by burn_654 »

romshark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2016, 12:36:09 pm »
If someone is interrested I found how to hack HoD3 to totally remove ingame crosshair ! ;D

I haven't tried Hotd3 yet, but I think I'd like to. The original trilogy, all in one machine. So this hack sounds like something I'd be interested in.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2016, 03:49:38 am »
@burn_654 : indeed exciting project you have here !
And thanks for the quake mod, I didn't know about it !I'll test it on next week

As for HotD3, here's the modified file (if someone knows a better file hosting site...): Link at bottom of 1st Message of the thread
Just overwrite the SPR.AFS original file which is located on the "fs" folder inside game install folder (for me it's C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA\THE HOUSE OF THE DEAD3_EU\fs\SPR.AFS)

Same thing for Blue Estate :  Link at bottom of 1st Message of the thread
Overwrite the file in COOKEDPCCONSOLE subfolder of game install dir
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 08:10:48 pm by argonlefou »

romshark

• Offline Offline
« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2016, 11:43:24 pm »
Never heard of Blue Estate, but it's only $12.99 on Steam. I might check it out.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 08:48:55 am »
Small update : DemulShooter now supports Demul 0.57 & Demul 0.58 (0.581, 0.582 too).
That way, winXp users can use it too (as Demul 0.57 is based on directX 10)
I'm sorry about Demul 0.56 (DirectX 9.0), but this very old version needs a whole new system to hack into...so I'm not going too add it for now

Upack and overwrite previous files
Usage is slighlty modified, so :
DemulShooter.exe -demul=[version] -system=[system]

Supported [version] :

057    :    Demul 0.57
058    :    Demul 0.58, 0.581, 0.582
07a    :    Demul 0.7a 181215, 201215, 221215

Supported System :
naomi     : naomi & naomi GD roms

Example :
DemulShooter.exe -demul=07a -system=naomi
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:51:27 pm by argonlefou »

burn_654

• Offline Offline
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2016, 09:43:34 am »
Awesome! I'll give it a try with some guncons later today. Though I'll have to test it without proper screenflash - but I can just boost the gamma way up to prove the concept and check that they're talking. My own test/circuit for the guncons has hit a bit of a snag - basically waiting on another cheap set of guns to hack up.

burn_654

• Offline Offline
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2016, 01:52:27 pm »
I can report that it picks up and *tracks* the guncons fine using the topgun driver! Again the full useful solution for those guns is a bit more tricky yet (and a separate issue as I've mentioned) but for now shooting at bright spots works, 2 separate guns works...awesome! This means it should work just fine for Topgun users as well as aimtrak.

FWIW I was testing with demul 0.57 on Windows XP. Unfortunately House of the Dead 2 is pretty messed-up looking there but them's the breaks for using an old version, I'm working on an eventual os-upgrade for my system anyway once I can get my guns fully working.

Great work! :applaud:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2016, 04:07:09 am »
That's great news :-)  I had no Xp computer to test so I'm glad it works fine !

Next thing I'll look into when I have time is support for atomiswave roms. This will add 3 railshooting gun to the list

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2017, 08:54:29 pm
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2016, 05:58:51 pm »
Could you upload the Blue Estate no crosshair patch again? The link seems to have gone down.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2016, 08:12:44 pm »
Done ! Updated links at the bottom of 1st message of the thread...Sorry for the inconvenience :(
I'm using another hosting service for now, this one should stay at least 30 days. Until I find something better to share these

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2016, 11:54:53 pm »
Done ! Updated links at the bottom of 1st message of the thread...Sorry for the inconvenience :(
I'm using another hosting service for now, this one should stay at least 30 days. Until I find something better to share these

Thank you! Great work on all this.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2022, 09:23:05 am
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2016, 08:37:10 pm »
Thanks for this software, I cant wait to try it out!
Question though, by chance does your DemulShooter fix the old bug of the lightgun minimizing the window when shot in the upper left corner?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2016, 10:58:50 am »
I didn't even know about this issue for Demul, I knew for Model2Emulator but not for this one !

My program is minimalist and just hack into PadDemul.dll memory for P1 & P2 axis and buttons, so it does not correct this issue unfortunately :(
I indeed tested with DemulShooter and my Aimtraks and this is still happenning. I never ran into this bug until today, as I'm currently playing on a 16/9 display (with black borders on left and righ) so I never had to shoot precisely on that small upper left area :(
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 11:00:28 am by argonlefou »

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2016, 11:00:37 am »
I've had it happen playing Confidential Mission since sometimes the enemies show up in the top left corner. Or if someone gets trigger happy in HOTD it can happen. As far as I know it's been going on since Demul 56

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

burn_654

• Offline Offline
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2016, 12:11:56 pm »
Hmm...maybe there's a way we could use a 'windowed' fullscreen hack? Does this still occur in windowed mode?

Otherwise...maybe just have a looping check for what equates to 0,0 in the mouse coords and either ignore or add +1 pixel before sending that to the input dll? :dunno How big of an area causes it to minimize? Not at a computer to try.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2016, 12:59:31 pm »
There is no link between mouse coords in Paddemul.dll and this particular issue : coords in dll are only used for processing to the loaded game
It is not used to process mouse position/click on Demul menus, window from an OS point of view

What is causing this is (I guess) handled directly by windows, with directX and direct input. WIndows get the mouse position/events and forward these message to any application.

So the solution (if this is the case) would be pretty simple : I'll just unregister Demul from receiving any mouse event from Windows
It'll solve the issue, but at the following cost : it will not be possible to interract with Demul (well yes, with a Keyborad ! :)) . This should not be a big problem as I (personnaly) don't go into Demul menus once settings are done

I'll look into this ! This may be quick to test  :)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2016, 07:07:48 am »
Ok ! So I did some test, indeed blocking mouse messages from Windows to Demul GUI is resolving this issue  :)

It comes at a price though :
1) Disabling mouse goes with disabling keyboard too
-> So no more Demul GUI navigation once a game is loaded (it's when Demul starts hacking, no game loaded = no hack = full mouse/keyboard in GUI)

2) Disabling inputs make windows produce it's "Beep" sound at each click on the window (each shoot in our case)
-> DemulShooter  will modify a registry key to set the windows beep sound effet to "none". If needed, to restore it go to Control panel > sound > and restore the sound for this one (I don't know english name, something like "default beep")

Uploaded v1.4 on 1st post, and added a command line switch to use this hack whenever you want : -noresize
Tested at home with win7 x64, and even with disabled GUI all my aimtrak buttons are OK, inputs sent by autohotkey script is OK too, and even Keyboard keypress for game input (SERVICE, TEST, START, COIN) are working

Thanks for letting me know about this demul issue ! And enjoy  :)

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2016, 07:10:19 am »
This sounds awesome. If you solved it then you deserve serious accolades, as it has been a problem for a long time. I can't wait to try it out.

Question, if keyboard is disabled, will that be an issue as I use IPAC to communicate my arcade cabinet buttons to the computer. It acts as a keyboard.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2016, 07:17:17 am »
well, I wondered about IPAC, etc... too and it seems that it should work....here I tested with a keyboard for start and coin and it worked

My guess is, as PAddemul pluggin is in a different dll, inputs are not blocked for it.
I'm disabling mouse/keyboard message to demul process main window (GUI)

Overall it's still a pretty ugly hack  ;D
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 07:20:54 am by argonlefou »

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2016, 07:46:33 pm »
So I seem to be having trouble with my setup. I am using Demul 0.7a, and testing HOTD2

I executed DemulShooter (it resides in the same folder as the Demul installation) and chose the following for my guns P1 and P2
Code: [Select]
P1Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1603&MI_02#9&bb9ce79&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
P2Device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1604&MI_02#9&b6a1e27&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}

I then load up DemulShooter using the following command, and its running in the tray
DemulShooter.exe -demul=07a -system=naomi  -v

This is my debug.txt
7:41 PM : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
7:41 PM : Cmdline arg 1 : -demul=07a
7:41 PM : Cmdline arg 2 : -system=naomi
7:41 PM : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
7:41 PM : File not found : D:\Arcade\Demul\Demul 7a\MemoryData\07a\naomi.cfg
7:41 PM : Waiting for naomigame to hook.....
7:41 PM : Conf read OK
7:41 PM : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1603&MI_02#9&bb9ce79&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
7:41 PM : P1 device handle = 65609
7:41 PM : P2 device  = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1604&MI_02#9&b6a1e27&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
7:41 PM : P2 device handle = 65613
7:42 PM : Attached to Process Demul.exe, ProcessHandle = 660
7:42 PM : Demul.exe = 0x00400000, padDemul.dll = 0x04F30000
7:42 PM : Adding CodeCave at : 0x051E0000
7:42 PM : Memory Hack complete !
7:44 PM : Demul.exe closed

The issue is the game isnt seeing two guns. On the input test it registers both players with one gun. Two cursors are seen onscreen, but they both act as player 1.

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2016, 12:51:29 pm »
Okay I've done some extensive testing, and here's what i have so far.

I execute DemulShooter.exe -demul=07a -system=naomi -noresize -v
I then fire up Demul via command line since I cant use the GUI
The game sees Gun 1 and Gun 2 as the same gun, and I still get the minimize when I click the far upper left corner.

The debug.txt from DemulShooter shows a not found file
12:39 PM :
12:39 PM : -------------------- Program Start ----------------------
12:39 PM : Cmdline arg 1 : -demul=07a
12:39 PM : Cmdline arg 2 : -system=naomi
12:39 PM : Cmdline arg 3 : -v
12:39 PM : File not found : D:\Arcade\Demul\Demul 7a 221215\MemoryData\07a\naomi.cfg
12:39 PM : Waiting for naomigame to hook.....
12:39 PM : Conf read OK
12:39 PM : P1 device = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1603&MI_02#9&bb9ce79&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
12:39 PM : P1 device handle = 65609
12:39 PM : P2 device  = \\?\HID#VID_D209&PID_1604&MI_02#9&b6a1e27&0&0000#{378de44c-56ef-11d1-bc8c-00a0c91405dd}
12:39 PM : P2 device handle = 65613
12:40 PM : Attached to Process Demul.exe, ProcessHandle = 652
12:40 PM : Demul.exe = 0x00400000, padDemul.dll = 0x0A630000
12:40 PM : Adding CodeCave at : 0x0C590000
12:40 PM : Memory Hack complete !
12:41 PM : Demul.exe closed

When I do get a game fired up, I cant move the cursor with the gun at all. The mouse being shut off is affecting the guns as well. I use two Aimtraks along with Demul 07a 221215

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2016, 03:00:06 pm »
That's all on me, I'm verry sorry I forgot to include all needed files/folder on v1.4 zip. I just zipped updated exe
I reuploaded a correct zip with all needed files, it should work know !

Sorry for the inconvenience  :-[

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2016, 06:09:31 pm »
That absolutely did the trick. Dude, this should be stickied all around every forum. People have been searching for 2 player no resize gun on Demul for a LONG time. You are a steely eyed missile man.

Thanks so much!

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2019, 04:27:49 am
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2016, 09:37:25 am »
 :applaud: Thx a lot, it works like a charm on the last Demul 22.12.2015 (Confidential Mission, Hotd2, Lupin , MOK and Death Cox tested with 2 Guns)

I've have also check if it can work with atomiswave system on ranger mission, I can move aim but trigger is not working. Maybe you will release a new version for this system ? or not  ::)

« Last Edit: March 20, 2016, 10:36:27 am by davidlinch »

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2016, 02:51:22 pm »
I noticed something as I was trying to incorporate DemulShooter into my Hyperspin setup.

If I load a game while DemulShooter is active, say, BorderDown for example, no controllers work. Only the coin and start. I have a Ultrastik and use IPAC for the buttons. Demul runs normally when I dont activate DemulShooter, and the plan is to only have it load for the gun games, not the other Demul games. But in the meantime, is there a way to make sure the keyboard and joysticks still function if DemulShooter is active? I know this has something to do with the -noresize option.

Thanks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2016, 07:47:16 pm »
:applaud: Thx a lot, it works like a charm on the last Demul 22.12.2015 (Confidential Mission, Hotd2, Lupin , MOK and Death Cox tested with 2 Guns)

I've have also check if it can work with atomiswave system on ranger mission, I can move aim but trigger is not working. Maybe you will release a new version for this system ? or not  ::)
Indeed for Atomiswave system, triggers and buttons are not handled the same way. It's on the To-Do list, I already quickly looked into this to see what's going on when I started this (hence the -system cmd line switch)
There will be new versions for sure, at least as long as Demul team keeps releasing new version of Demul without native rawinput support  :)

I noticed something as I was trying to incorporate DemulShooter into my Hyperspin setup.

If I load a game while DemulShooter is active, say, BorderDown for example, no controllers work. Only the coin and start. I have a Ultrastik and use IPAC for the buttons. Demul runs normally when I dont activate DemulShooter, and the plan is to only have it load for the gun games, not the other Demul games. But in the meantime, is there a way to make sure the keyboard and joysticks still function if DemulShooter is active? I know this has something to do with the -noresize option.

Thanks!
Ok so to be sure I undersantd this right, if you use DemulShooter with -noresize option, your Ultrastik and IPAC buttons are not working with Demul ?
But without the -noresize option, all is working good ?

It's true I didn't test any "normal" game, using directionnal inputs and buttons. So far I only verified Test, service, coin and start button
I'll make some tests tomorrow but with a simple Keyboard as I have no IPAC to test with

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2016, 09:18:02 am »
Correct. To work around this issue I have Hyperspin load up DemulShooter strictly for the gun games. But this brought to light a new issue.

Ninja Assault uses control sticks to navigate the setup menu. When I enter the JVS Test menu, and try to select Gun Settings, or any other option, with DemulShooter activated, the controls are dead. This is using the -noresize option. I havent had the chance to test it without -noresize, making the controls active. Just food for thought. Thanks so much again for the amazing software! :applaud:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2016, 07:48:06 am »
Ok, some answers :

About Atomiswave support :
Uploaded 1.5 update of DemulShooter, with Atomiswave support. Just use "-system=atomiswave" cmd line switch to launch
Important notes :
1)Lightgun games do not work with older version of Demul (mouse movements were not registered with 0.57, 0.58) so use DemulShooter with -demul version 07a (or higher in the future). I can't modify what does not exist  ;D
2)Atomiswave lightgun games have very very bad calibration settings (just center screen shoot), and as Demul emulate them this will create an offset between any mouse position ( and so, Aimtrak position with DemulShooter) and game shooting position if played on 16/9 screen (because of right/left black borders). So for now we have to play it 4/3 windowed mode.
This problem is not present with naomi games, because calibration menu asks us to shoot on top/bottom/left/right borders so Demul's input error is corrected

About Non-Lightgun games :
First, this has finally nothing to do with -noresize option.
To make it short : this is just me blocking inputs to inject my values.
On non-lightgun games, buttons 3 to 8 are mapped on memory exactly where X-Y axis are mapped with lightgun games (buttons 1 & 2 are mapped to right/left click)  so there's no way these button can be enabled with DemulShooter. Up,Down,Right,Left can be unblocked though.
To work around this issue I have Hyperspin load up DemulShooter strictly for the gun games
This is exactly how DemulShooter is made to work, and that's why it shuts itself down when Demul closes, so that you can change game wth your frontend without DemulShooter blocking anything if it is not a railshooter  :)
So for know there is no need to modify the program to make buttons and stick inputs readable
Unless...for ninja assault  :(

Ninja Assault :
But this brought to light a new issue.

Ninja Assault uses control sticks to navigate the setup menu. When I enter the JVS Test menu, and try to select Gun Settings, or any other option, with DemulShooter activated, the controls are dead.
Thanks to you I understand why this game was not working at home. I initially though the emulation was not complete on this one, as I could not get into Service menu to calibrate guns. I never tried JVS Test menu ! And voilą....
Ok, so finally Ninja Assault uses a whole different system for inputs, original cabinet used multiple switches to move and validate in menu, and those switches are mapped to up/down and button1 input in Demul (and so, blocked with DemulShooter !). Moreover memory location and values are totally different from every other game.
I'll add support for this game in a future version of DemulShooter.

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2016, 09:14:11 pm »
Can you explain how I can make Demulshooter only run when I load a light gun game through my front-end?

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2016, 11:15:44 pm »
Which FE are you using?

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2016, 08:41:40 am »
Maximum Arcade

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #36 on: March 25, 2016, 09:56:03 pm »
I use Hyperspin, but I would imagine there is some way in MA to activate an exe when a rom is loaded.

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2016, 04:37:27 am »
I use Hyperspin, but I would imagine there is some way in MA to activate an exe when a rom is loaded.

I think I can figure it out, I just need an example of a way someone does it.

ratboyyy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 31, 2016, 10:04:50 pm
« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2016, 10:05:07 pm »
This is great work man!  Much appreciated.  I'm having an issue.  I'm running the demulshooter program with AHK and it's showing up fine in the tool bar.  My issue is when i run demul (7a), the game shows up less than 1/4 the size and pushed up to the left upper corner.  Do you know what is causing this?  I'm running Windows 10, have .Net 2.0 frame work all activated.  Thanks for the help!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2016, 05:58:53 am »
Ok guys, update v2.0 is available :
The only visible change is full support for Ninja Assault, with possibility to use up/down/validate buttons in JVS bios menu. Moreover, this game emulation did not handle right click to reload, so I handle it with DemulShooter so that it works the same way as other games for you

Small non-visible change, but because of this game I had to switch from a per-system command to a per-game command to launch the program.
Please read updated instructions on 1st post  :)

This is great work man!  Much appreciated.  I'm having an issue.  I'm running the demulshooter program with AHK and it's showing up fine in the tool bar.  My issue is when i run demul (7a), the game shows up less than 1/4 the size and pushed up to the left upper corner.  Do you know what is causing this?  I'm running Windows 10, have .Net 2.0 frame work all activated.  Thanks for the help!
So far I don't see what could cause that...some hints for you to test :
- Does this happen too when you launch Demul without DemulShooter ?
If yes, have you tried ALT+ENTER to switch fullscreen->windowed->fullscreen ?
If not, does this happen with AND without -noresize argument for DemulShooter ?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 06:10:28 am by argonlefou »