Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 972076 times)

AnX

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 21, 2019, 05:02:48 am
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #800 on: September 23, 2017, 10:40:55 pm »
Operation Ghost id dumped for techno Parrot... and 1.03 is out.

:)

This is exciting! Love operation ghost!!!
I'm working and can't look at this for a while. Has anyone tested the new tp version?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:23:24 am by AnX »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:22:25 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #801 on: September 23, 2017, 10:41:57 pm »

I got it working in 2 player coop mode with the 360 controllers but not with the mouse and not fullscreen.  When you go fullscreen the graphics go all screwy.  Anyone else have any better luck?

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #802 on: September 23, 2017, 11:02:36 pm »

I got it working in 2 player coop mode with the 360 controllers but not with the mouse and not fullscreen.  When you go fullscreen the graphics go all screwy.  Anyone else have any better luck?

Latest version has dropped mouse control according to the change log. Also Argon would have to add support for Operation G.HO.S.T too i expect.

I just tried out v1.03 (to my detriment - I'm going to pay for this  ::))
My demulshooter still isn't recognizing that TP is running.  So much disappointment.  I'm not sure i'm willing to do a full reinstall on my cab just to test.......  BUT Operation G.H.O.S.T!!

*sigh*
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 03:52:14 am by AnX »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:21:46 am
« Reply #803 on: September 24, 2017, 05:23:28 am »
I'll give look at Operation Ghost tomorrow when I'm back  ;)
The game runs fine in windowed mode and the Test menu is working too so it shouldn't be too hard

STF

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2017, 04:10:18 pm
« Reply #804 on: September 24, 2017, 02:23:20 pm »
J'ai rajouté -parrotloader a la commande DemulShooter (comme tu m'as dit de faire) et CA MARCHE  :applaud:
LGI fonctionne avec mes 2 EMS TopGun II  ;D

Concernant Fright Fear Land :
En jouant seulement avec 1 seul joueur, le J1 ou le J2 ça marche, mais les 2 ensemble les cibles rouge et bleue se superposent.
C'est à dire que là ou vise le joueur 1 il y a aussi la cible du J2 et là ou vise le J2 il y a aussi la cible du J1. Je ne sais pas si mes explications sont claires  ???

Le point positif de la journée c'est que DemulShooter fonctionne avec les ELS TopGun II  :laugh:

Merci encore  ;)

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2022, 11:17:20 am
« Reply #805 on: September 24, 2017, 02:31:29 pm »
just one question, its is possible to play far cry paradise lost with at least one aimtrak, if so, how? thank you in advance 

Enviado desde mi SM-G532M mediante Tapatalk

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #806 on: September 24, 2017, 05:41:08 pm »
 Anyone remember how to get rh loader to work? All of a sudden it stopped working and I can't remember how to use it. When I have the game loader exe and config exe in the game exe folder and I try and load the config exe it just gives me the false virus warning. Not sure what I'm doing wrong????

Edit: Got it working finally. Just had to use game loader installer. Whoops. Game loader 280 fixes the fullscreen issues and some of the resolution issues. The aimtrak gun works in 1player but the calibration is off a tad. Not sure how to fix since I don't believe it let's you go to test mode while using rh loader.  I'll play around with it some more
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 09:36:16 pm by dgrace »

leslie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 02:18:10 pm
« Reply #807 on: September 25, 2017, 01:33:56 am »
I was having lot's of fun playing dual using aimtrak along with argonlefou's great creation, thanks to you. Unfortunately, one day it just stops working and I dont know why.

Using the GUI to check if my guns are working, red and blue mark are showing when I click the trigger on the desktop

But when I start playing games, Mouse clicks are not working anymore but when I alt+tab to to go to desktop mouse clicks are working.

Also its not working in music gun gun 2 and when I close the game, Demulshooter will just pop out

Anyone had the same problem before? Because I cannot find any solution. ???

Maybe this will help, I change all my setup (Demul gun games and Demulshooter to my external HDD) to free up space in my C:\

I've had this problem with Teknoparrot but everything else still works.  Are you using windows 10?
Wasn't there an update recently?  Maybe tan update has created a problem.  I haven't fixed my TP problem so I can't really help other than perhaps rolling back the latest update?

Thanks for the reply. Currently, what I did was to fresh install windows 10 and disabled my wifi card and LAN card because I made my OS dedicated for arcade only and I dont need internet. Right now, its a fresh install, with net framework, java, runtime redistributable, etc. which I updated offline. everything is running fine aside from using the gun in the game. I was able to use Dual lightgun with HOTD 2 but the crosshair is so delay like maybe 5 secs or more and my favorite Music gun gun, aimtrak still not working. :(

Any one knows a fix? Please help me. Thanks everyone.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #808 on: September 25, 2017, 02:53:04 am »
just one question, its is possible to play far cry paradise lost with at least one aimtrak, if so, how? thank you in advance 

Yes it is, I recently uploaded (somewhere on the internet...) a modified FarCry exe and a little debug-app I made back then, turning your mouse into a Xinput gamepad.
So as aimtrak is basically a mouse (on an OS point of view), it should work.
Only drawback is that you have to install some driver for the virtual Gamepads to work and it's not very user friendly....

Outputing Xinput gamepad values with Aimtrak should be included in DemulShooter in a next "major" update.
But for now, I'm still looking for an easy way of installing the driver,and a way to be sure that the driver works for any windows.
It would have been perfect for Teknoparrot for example, that way no more hacking but just playing with Xinput confg in Teknoparrot wth your guns as gamepad

Unfortunatelly (well, last time I tried Gamepads with Teknoparrot) the handling of Gamepad Axis was .... dumb  ::)
Seriously....even Far Cry (which is, let's be honest, some ---smurfy----money-making mod) uses the controller correctly.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #809 on: September 25, 2017, 03:29:29 am »
Game Loader All RH 280 added an option  to start and play Operation: Ghost without teknoparrot
It seems to be tied to some values in the gs2.ini, as I now can run the game without Teknoparrot and without Game Loader (but with no controls)
So in the gs2.ini file you can set these :
EnableJvs=0
EnableAMLib=0
And the game will start without TeknoParrot

I still don't know if it's a good news or a bad news for me as I may need to make the game work with both Teknoparrot and/or Game Loader...
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 03:47:29 am by argonlefou »

leslie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 24, 2019, 02:18:10 pm
« Reply #810 on: September 25, 2017, 04:13:18 am »
Hi argon! with lots of test just to make demulshooter work in my PC, removing -v (verbose on) get rids of the delay from my aimtrak guns. Do you know why the response of the crosshair is too slow when -v is on? Here is my debug.txt I hope you can help me, also my music gun gun 2 is not working. I think it's not capturing any mouse clicks from my aimtrak.

00:51:34.382257 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
00:51:34.385260 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 686, 211 ]
00:51:34.389263 : Error converting screen location to client location
00:51:34.393266 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:51:34.410278 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 85A7, 49E4 ]
00:51:34.413280 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
00:51:34.416282 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 713, 221 ]
00:51:34.419284 : Error converting screen location to client location
00:51:34.422286 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:51:34.425288 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 8968, 4C24 ]
00:51:34.428291 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
00:51:34.430292 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 733, 228 ]
00:51:34.433294 : Error converting screen location to client location
00:51:34.703487 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:51:34.712494 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 8D58, 4DF4 ]
00:51:34.717497 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
00:51:34.720498 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 754, 233 ]
00:51:34.724501 : Error converting screen location to client location
00:51:34.727503 : RawData event for Device #1:
00:51:34.734508 : Device rawinput data (Hex) = [ 9228, 5144 ]
00:51:34.737510 : PrimaryScreen Size (Px) = [ 1366, 768 ]
00:51:34.943663 : OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) = [ 779, 243 ]
00:51:35.165598 : Error converting screen location to client location

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #811 on: September 25, 2017, 04:57:42 am »
Well, basically the -v option should not be used outside debugging need as it writes a LOT of things in the files.
So it adds a lot of processing time and according to your CPU, HDD access time etc....it mays causes some lags

As for Music gun gun, is this log for this game ? If so, there is a problem with the game's window location/size/Access
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:07:37 am by argonlefou »

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 26, 2020, 02:10:37 pm
  • Chihiro ftw
« Reply #812 on: September 25, 2017, 06:15:36 am »
Hey argon, as I read from these debugprints, demulshooter is getting the raw gun data (obviously). Theoretically it should be possible to take a coordinate of the gun data, and set it so that it triggers the gun-offscreen button? I don`t know how it works with aimtraks, as i have topguns, but my guns do register in the top left if I´m aiming offscreen. With the windows drivers its seemingly impossible to map offscreen to a button; atleast not for me.
Would it be possible to implement a little "offscreen-workaround" so that the offscreen coordinates trigger the respective offscreen button ingame? (in mgg2 i believe its the V key)

EDIT: I know there are crosshair-patches available for almost every game, making it obsolete to have this feature if you play without crosshairs, but most games are meant to be played with crosshairs :D
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 06:18:43 am by thet0ast3r »
thet0ast3r

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #813 on: September 25, 2017, 06:39:10 am »
Hey argon, as I read from these debugprints, demulshooter is getting the raw gun data (obviously). Theoretically it should be possible to take a coordinate of the gun data, and set it so that it triggers the gun-offscreen button? I don`t know how it works with aimtraks, as i have topguns, but my guns do register in the top left if I´m aiming offscreen. With the windows drivers its seemingly impossible to map offscreen to a button; atleast not for me.
Would it be possible to implement a little "offscreen-workaround" so that the offscreen coordinates trigger the respective offscreen button ingame? (in mgg2 i believe its the V key)

EDIT: I know there are crosshair-patches available for almost every game, making it obsolete to have this feature if you play without crosshairs, but most games are meant to be played with crosshairs :D
Aimtrak's off-screen shots are Aimtrak's driver job....whenever you shoot off-screen the driver send Windows a "right-mouse-button event", that's what I use for reload.

I'm not sure I get this right, but you'd like to trigger the reload when you shoot...let's say at the coordinate [0,0] (top left screen corner) ?
Because Top Gun drivers doesn't send any right-click event when you shoot off-screen ?

Once again I do not have any TopGun device so ...pure speculation :(
But it's weird, no one ever reported that behavior with TopGun.....or I skipped it  :-\

iandsm1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 09, 2019, 02:04:54 pm
« Reply #814 on: September 25, 2017, 06:42:33 am »
Hi there, I would like to ask for some assistance please, I'm a little confused on how to use DemulShooter, I wish to use this with teknoparrot and sega golden gun, as the game loads but will not pick up any controls inputed from my xbox 360 controller in settings on teknoparrot, I came across this page while looking for a solution :) and have downloaded demulshooter 6.8 and have set the p1 controls as xbox 360 through the gui demulshooter.exe and saved, now the confusion is how do I use the commands such as "demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi" I have no idea on what I should do, or where to input this information to get this to work correctly, please any help will be greatly appreciated

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
« Reply #815 on: September 25, 2017, 07:22:49 am »
Yeah, thats correct. The topgun drivers have the "offscreen" button feature, however, it doesn`t register in demulshooter. I can even press the a button ( its the b button on the topgun) and the crosshairs vanish. But, however, if I set offscreen to this button, it does not register as press when going offscreen... i installed the "latest" ( like some years old ) beta drivers for win7 from the topgun forums. It seems like the crosshair is stuck to coordinates (0,0) if the gun is offscreen.
thet0ast3r

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #816 on: September 25, 2017, 06:04:47 pm »
Hey Argon,

have you thought about moving your work to patreon?
I'm sure you'll get plenty of support for your efforts. 

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #817 on: September 26, 2017, 02:47:25 am »
Yeah, thats correct. The topgun drivers have the "offscreen" button feature, however, it doesn`t register in demulshooter. I can even press the a button ( its the b button on the topgun) and the crosshairs vanish. But, however, if I set offscreen to this button, it does not register as press when going offscreen... i installed the "latest" ( like some years old ) beta drivers for win7 from the topgun forums. It seems like the crosshair is stuck to coordinates (0,0) if the gun is offscreen.
OK, I'll keep that in mind
But I'd like to have other TopGun user's feedback on this, to be sure it's not related to your driver or something like this.....
Question for all TopGun user : Is the problem similar for everyone ? Is anyone able to make the offscreen shoot register with their EMS Top Gun ?

Hi there, I would like to ask for some assistance please, I'm a little confused on how to use DemulShooter, I wish to use this with teknoparrot and sega golden gun, as the game loads but will not pick up any controls inputed from my xbox 360 controller in settings on teknoparrot, I came across this page while looking for a solution :) and have downloaded demulshooter 6.8 and have set the p1 controls as xbox 360 through the gui demulshooter.exe and saved, now the confusion is how do I use the commands such as "demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi" I have no idea on what I should do, or where to input this information to get this to work correctly, please any help will be greatly appreciated
Hello, you have to open a command line window (in Windows this is cmd.exe)
Inside you'll have to navigate to your DemulShooter folder (like cd C:\my\demulshooter)
then you can run the demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=lgi command and start Teknoparrot

Hey Argon,

have you thought about moving your work to patreon?
I'm sure you'll get plenty of support for your efforts.
Tons of reasons not to do so.

Oh, and yeah, Operation Ghost is working very well without Teknoparrot.
You can play it 1P with mouse or aimtrak
DemulShooter will be updated today or tomorrow to support 2P
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 02:49:57 am by argonlefou »

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
« Reply #818 on: September 26, 2017, 03:06:56 am »

Yes it is, I recently uploaded (somewhere on the internet...) a modified FarCry exe and a little debug-app I made back then, turning your mouse into a Xinput gamepad.
So as aimtrak is basically a mouse (on an OS point of view), it should work.
Only drawback is that you have to install some driver for the virtual Gamepads to work and it's not very user friendly....

Outputing Xinput gamepad values with Aimtrak should be included in DemulShooter in a next "major" update.
But for now, I'm still looking for an easy way of installing the driver,and a way to be sure that the driver works for any windows.
It would have been perfect for Teknoparrot for example, that way no more hacking but just playing with Xinput confg in Teknoparrot wth your guns as gamepad

Unfortunatelly (well, last time I tried Gamepads with Teknoparrot) the handling of Gamepad Axis was .... dumb  ::)
Seriously....even Far Cry (which is, let's be honest, some ---smurfy----money-making mod) uses the controller correctly.

thank you man, you are the best !!!!!!

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
« Reply #819 on: September 26, 2017, 11:52:41 am »

Oh, and yeah, Operation Ghost is working very well without Teknoparrot.
You can play it 1P with mouse or aimtrak
DemulShooter will be updated today or tomorrow to support 2P

hmmm, when i try to run the game, with fullscreen = 0; I get an error, failed to initialize Dipswlib, i think i heard reaver say something about dipswitch emulation... i`ll try with teknoparrot and see... 

I`m curious if anyone responds to the TopGun question; I´m wondering how many people are using them, since they are rather hard to get, my guess would be like 90% aimtrak/ arcadeguns and just a few topguns...
thet0ast3r

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #820 on: September 26, 2017, 12:56:55 pm »
hmmm, when i try to run the game, with fullscreen = 0; I get an error, failed to initialize Dipswlib, i think i heard reaver say something about dipswitch emulation... i`ll try with teknoparrot and see...

You're really unlucky  :(
Here's my gs2.ini :
[BBS]
FullScreen=0
CabinetType=0
PresentationInterval=1
EnableSound=1
EnableJvs=0
EnableRecoil=1
EnableLedBoard=0
EnableAMLib=0
EnableLuaDebugger=0
EnableForceGCWhenF5=1
GA_AdSound=1
EnableBlood=1
Difficulty=2
Life=4
Armor=1
DressCode=0
ShowVersion=0
RomType=1
Region=1
Language=en
Version_Debug=0
Version_HoriiYosuke=0
Version_JongwookKang=0
Version_CheolhoKang=0
Version_HwasooLee=0
Version_TaejoongKim=0
Version_SakamakiRyouichi=0
Version_YamayaTakeshi=0
Version_KawamuraHiroaki=0
Version_DisableSoundLog=1
EnableInputDevices=0
SoundVolume=50
PofileGraph=0
SwipeCard=0
AutoShow_ErrorLog=0
AutoShow_FixMe=0
Dofile=1
PrintSvnVersion=0
MovieVolume=75
And it runs fine  :(

I`m curious if anyone responds to the TopGun question; I´m wondering how many people are using them, since they are rather hard to get, my guess would be like 90% aimtrak/ arcadeguns and just a few topguns...
We'll see....I'll add some TopGun option in the next big release (not the one coming with Operation Ghost but after that) just in case
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 12:59:23 pm by argonlefou »

STF

• Offline Offline
« Reply #821 on: September 26, 2017, 03:46:26 pm »
OK, I'll keep that in mind
But I'd like to have other TopGun user's feedback on this, to be sure it's not related to your driver or something like this.....
Question for all TopGun user : Is the problem similar for everyone ? Is anyone able to make the offscreen shoot register with their EMS Top Gun ?

Je possède 2 EMS TopGun et j'ai affecté le bouton 2 (qui me sert à recharger) à l'action shoot of screen.
J'ai testé avec Confidential Mission et le reload off screen fonctionne sans problème pour les 2 pistolets  ;D
mais j'ai toujours le problème pour J2 qui n'a que l'impact sur la partie gauche de l'écran...

Windows 7 64 bits (en mode Test)
TopGun Drivers W7 béta 64bits

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
« Reply #822 on: September 26, 2017, 03:47:12 pm »
Ahh, in my .ini file, there was AMlib and Jvs enabled, that did the job. thanks :)  :D

About the topgun: DemulShooter must be pretty well-written, since you didn`t even have a topgun to test it with, and it works flawlessly.
It`s like: what would I expect from some unsigned driver from some hongkong-based company... even the control panel where you assign the buttons to the gun is somewhat of a joke... it cannot hold configured settings, and it crashes on me if you close it with the windows-system closebutton, took me a while until I found out I actually have to close it with their close-commitbutton on the bottom left of the ui...

Keep it up, I really appreciate your work, Argon!
thet0ast3r

STF

• Offline Offline
« Reply #823 on: September 26, 2017, 03:58:13 pm »
It`s like: what would I expect from some unsigned driver from some hongkong-based company... even the control panel where you assign the buttons to the gun is somewhat of a joke... it cannot hold configured settings, and it crashes on me if you close it with the windows-system closebutton, took me a while until I found out I actually have to close it with their close-commitbutton on the bottom left of the ui...

Hello thet0ast3r
Oui il faut fermer TopGun Control Panel avec la croix rouge en haut à droite, ce qui réduit le programme dans les icones actives.
J'ai fait un tutoriel, si ca peut t'aider  ;)

Yes you need to close TopGun Control Panel with the red cross on the top right, which reduces the program in the active icons.
I did a tutorial, if it can help you  ;)

http://www.arcadehits.net/forum/viewtopic.php?id=7361
but is in french, sorry  :dunno

anchounio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 04:24:10 pm
« Reply #824 on: September 26, 2017, 05:06:34 pm »
Is there any way to run ALIENS EXTERMINATION on 640x480??

I want to run the game on my arcade cabinet (original arcade monitor). I've seen a patch file that includes the game patched in several resolutions, but none for 640x480.
I'm running it in a virtual machine cause I'm using Windows 7 64 bits.

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
« Reply #825 on: September 26, 2017, 05:47:14 pm »
I don`t know if it belongs here because its not that related to DemulShooter, but shouldn`t it be possible to change the resolution of the vm, like upscaling/downscaling?
However, this might depend on the VM...
thet0ast3r

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #826 on: September 26, 2017, 10:22:17 pm »

I want to run the game on my arcade cabinet (original arcade monitor). I've seen a patch file that includes the game patched in several resolutions, but none for 640x480.

As Toaster mentioned you should be able to set the VM resolution to 640x480 to run that.

I don't recall exactly where, but there are multiple different resolutions of the game built into the executable.  You'll have to find the 640x480 executable and use that if indeed it exists. 

The VM i downloaded had a whole bunch of different .exe files with different resolutions available on the VM's drive.  I'm not at home to check, but if you have that particular VM, looking for the 640x480 exe is your best bet.

I'll have a look when i get home this evening and see what i can find.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2017, 10:25:01 pm by AnX »

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
« Reply #827 on: September 26, 2017, 11:58:08 pm »

Hi !! in C:\ALIENS\_HD_PATCH\ you can find all the exes with the different resiolutions, but the lowest resolution is "800x600 (Original Res)".

Anyone knows hoy to make the game run at stable FPS\speed? in my two computers (laptop and desktop) runs slow in some places and abnormally fast in others, anyone else besides me have that issue? thank you in advance for reading this post.

AnX

• Offline Offline
  • Drop. Your. Sword.
« Reply #828 on: September 27, 2017, 01:28:54 am »

Hi !! in C:\ALIENS\_HD_PATCH\ you can find all the exes with the different resiolutions, but the lowest resolution is "800x600 (Original Res)".

Anyone knows hoy to make the game run at stable FPS\speed? in my two computers (laptop and desktop) runs slow in some places and abnormally fast in others, anyone else besides me have that issue? thank you in advance for reading this post.

No I've not had this issue.

Did you Adjust your VM specs before booting it up? 

I have nothing else to suggest sorry...

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 09:42:01 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #829 on: September 27, 2017, 06:26:36 am »
Have anyone got to "calibrate" the crosshair in Operation G.H.O.S.T.?
My aim is pretty off to the right in the line of the gun using my AimTrak.
"One coin to rule em' all"

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
« Reply #830 on: September 27, 2017, 07:40:24 am »
Argon, I did some more testing with 2 topguns, and also took a look at the debug.txt.

When aiming offscreen, topguns raw cursor position reports [-8, -30], which is then translated to OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) [0, 0]
Game position being 0 too.
I also found out that removing the pointer when offscreen works in theory, but only if I hold down a button (the b button) on the gun. I also enabled button to keyboard key mapping, and mapped it to the v button, where the game config`s offscreen is set to. If I do all this, holding the button results in a short flash of the cursor at coords 0,0 and then the cursor is invisible. Better, but still somewhat ugly :( :laugh:
I might need some time until i figure out what the culprit is, maybe it`s not even demulshooter related. The behavior is pretty strange, nevertheless...
thet0ast3r

anchounio

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 17, 2023, 04:24:10 pm
« Reply #831 on: September 27, 2017, 10:03:46 am »
Argon, Could you share the VM for Aliens Extermination again?
Or at least explain all the specifications of it.
Thank you!

nightkiller05

• Offline Offline
« Reply #832 on: September 27, 2017, 10:25:03 am »
Argon, Could you share the VM for Aliens Extermination again?
Or at least explain all the specifications of it.
Thank you!
i can help you with that, PM, please

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #833 on: September 27, 2017, 11:17:39 am »
Here's the 6.9 update, with Operation G.H.O.S.T support.

In a nutshell :
1a) Edit the gs2.ini file by changing the following lines to :
EnableJvs=0
EnableAMLib=0
EnableInputDevices=1

OR
1b) Use GameLoaderAll RH ( > 280) to run the game alone in full screen

2) Run DemulShooter with this :
demulshooter.exe -target=ringwide -rom=og

3) Play !
Left Click = Trigger
Middle Click = Change Weapon mode
Right Click = Reload and/or Action button

The reload natively happens when the gun reaches the border of the scree (no need to shoot off screen) but for those who plays on a CRT with a non-tracking gun, you can reload with your right-click button too

Native controls are:
CTRL+F1 = credits
ENTER = Start P1
NumPad + = Start P2

Argon, I did some more testing with 2 topguns, and also took a look at the debug.txt.

When aiming offscreen, topguns raw cursor position reports [-8, -30], which is then translated to OnScreen Cursor Position (Px) [0, 0]
Game position being 0 too.
I also found out that removing the pointer when offscreen works in theory, but only if I hold down a button (the b button) on the gun. I also enabled button to keyboard key mapping, and mapped it to the v button, where the game config`s offscreen is set to. If I do all this, holding the button results in a short flash of the cursor at coords 0,0 and then the cursor is invisible. Better, but still somewhat ugly :( :laugh:
I might need some time until i figure out what the culprit is, maybe it`s not even demulshooter related. The behavior is pretty strange, nevertheless...
The OnScreen is what I'm calculating myself and there will be no negative value.
What's important, for hardware compatibility, is the raw data. This is what I get from the device.
But for the reload off screen, no matter what are these values, I'm looking for a right-button event. Your driver should provide a way for you to bind mouse buttons events to your gun

Have anyone got to "calibrate" the crosshair in Operation G.H.O.S.T.?
My aim is pretty off to the right in the line of the gun using my AimTrak.
It should be fine now by using DemulShooter ;)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:32:54 am by argonlefou »

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #834 on: September 27, 2017, 12:27:42 pm »
Thanks Argon! Can't wait to try it out tonight.  So, just a few quick questions for clarification.

1.  We do not have to go to test menu first to calibrate the guns when playing OG? When using demulshooter the crosshairs are already set up beforehand to align with the mice.
2.  If we decide not to load the game through GameLoader All RH, can we still play in fullscreen, or do you have to use Gameloader in order to play in fullscreen?

Thanks again for all your hardwork.  This game is very badass and should be an excellent addition to the demulshooter collection.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #835 on: September 27, 2017, 12:41:53 pm »
Thanks Argon! Can't wait to try it out tonight.  So, just a few quick questions for clarification.

1.  We do not have to go to test menu first to calibrate the guns when playing OG? When using demulshooter the crosshairs are already set up beforehand to align with the mice.
2.  If we decide not to load the game through GameLoader All RH, can we still play in fullscreen, or do you have to use Gameloader in order to play in fullscreen?

Thanks again for all your hardwork.  This game is very badass and should be an excellent addition to the demulshooter collection.
1 - No calibration needed
2 - It may depend on your GPU....on my laptop with intel integrated or on my PC with NVIDIA I can't have fullscreen other than with Game Loader. I've heard it may work with AMD but I can't confirm

dgrace

• Offline Offline
« Reply #836 on: September 27, 2017, 12:48:29 pm »

1 - No calibration needed
2 - It may depend on your GPU....on my laptop with intel integrated or on my PC with NVIDIA I can't have fullscreen other than with Game Loader. I've heard it may work with AMD but I can't confirm

For me (I have NVidia) I have to use GameLoader because if I don't (if I just edit the g2.ini file and set fullscreent to "1" instead of"0"), it loads fullscreen, but then all the graphics are all screwed up.  Thank you

thet0ast3r

• Offline Offline
  • Chihiro ftw
« Reply #837 on: September 27, 2017, 03:06:20 pm »

I have an amd graphics card and fullscreen is working, game is fully running without any loader, however without some wrapper it is impossible to close the game, except you manage to get to task manager on a second screen, but on my first screen it overwrites just about everything on win10
thet0ast3r

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2024, 09:42:01 am
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #838 on: September 27, 2017, 04:11:14 pm »
Thanks for the update!

The aim lines up great now, only problem I have only right and left mouse button wired to my aimtrak.
How can I use the middle button now? Before I AHK tied the MButton to a key but I can't seem to use that aproach now
as the mouse is not in use at the same time.

Would be great if anyone knows how to get by this so I can change fire options.

Regards
"One coin to rule em' all"

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #839 on: September 27, 2017, 04:27:14 pm »

I have an amd graphics card and fullscreen is working, game is fully running without any loader, however without some wrapper it is impossible to close the game, except you manage to get to task manager on a second screen, but on my first screen it overwrites just about everything on win10
I don't know how you're running your game (frontend, etc....) but if you use an Autohotkey script with this inside :
Code: [Select]
Esc::Process,Close,gs2.exeYou'll kill the game with the ESC key (and DemulShooter kills itself)

Thanks for the update!

The aim lines up great now, only problem I have only right and left mouse button wired to my aimtrak.
How can I use the middle button now? Before I AHK tied the MButton to a key but I can't seem to use that aproach now
as the mouse is not in use at the same time.

Would be great if anyone knows how to get by this so I can change fire options.

Regards
Hmmm nice catch, I'm thinking too much with my setup.
As a temporary workaround, with Operation Ghost, you can try to AHK bind the button to send  the NumpadDot key (or NumpadDel according to the NumPad Lock state) as physically, this is the button used to change P2 weapon mode (yeah, all P2 controls are available on the keyboard !)
I haven't try AHK with the game still so I can't promise anything, but the real key is working

I'll keep that in mind, I think I'll add an option to add a "virtual button" I will listening to for those who only have 1 Left and Right click
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 04:29:34 pm by argonlefou »