Ok guys, I ended up playing with Dolphin Emulator too (I wanted to play House of the Dead Overkill with 2 Players !)
So here comes v3.0 (zip link in the 1st post)User Manual now in a README file in the zip ! Not anymore on 1st post (too big !)
What's new in 3.0 :
*Some changes for cmdline parameters ([-demul=]
replaced by [-target=]
And added to target list :
Dolphin Dolphin Emulator x86 v4.0.2
model2 Model2 Emulator v1.1a (EMULATOR.EXE)
model2m Model2 Emulator v1.1a (emulator_multicpu.exe)
ttx Taito Type XModel2 :
- Download and unzip latest version (http://nebula.emulatronia.com/downloadgw.php?get=m2emulator.zip
- Edit the file "EMULATOR.INI" to change UseRawInput=0
. You don't have so set RawDevP1
to any specific number, I blocked original readings from the emulator so even if the device number is one existing mouse/lightgun it will not respond at all if not feed by DemulShoooter. Note : you can use DrawCross=1
parameter, genuine crosshairs will work with both players (I find it cool to tune gun calibration in-game)
- Launch DemulShooter like : DemulShooter.exe -target=model2m -rom=vcop
- Launch emulator with rom and play
Note : Everygame is based on LeftCLick = Fire, RightClick = Reload. Except for Behind Enemy Lines for which secondary click is a grenade so I made it launch by a MiddleClick so that it can be used aiming at a target on-screen (as right-click usually is firing out of screen borders)Silent Hill the Arcade :
Procedure is very simple too :
- Make the game work as explained here (might be the hardest part ! ) : http://assemblergames.com/l/threads/pc-silent-hill-the-arcade-playable-on-windows-tutorial.50161/
- There is a small app with the game (config.bat) to configure keys but you can't easily set P2 keys. Use GUI version of Demulshooter.exe (where you select your guns, there is a new tab for Silent Hill) to easily set Silent Hill keys . Triggers only will be used by DemulShooter to send correct keycode to the game.
- Launch DemulShooter like : DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=sha
- Launch KSHG_no_cursor.exe and enjoy the game. Left click will send Trigger key, and right click will reload
- You can use the loader "Game Loader All RH.exe" to run the game with enhanced graphics but in that case you will have to uncheck "enable hotkeys" : it uses right click to pause the game so each time you'll reload manually...
Note 1 : Only work with "KSHG_no_cursor.exe", not with "KSHG.exe"
Note 2 : Aim will be completelly weird in SERVICE menu, this is normal. It is accurate with the cursor in-game so there is no need to calibrate
Note 3 : "Game Loader All RH.exe" adds his own crosshair cursor, to make it disappear just create a totally transparent cursor and overwrite the "CrossHair.cur" in "sv" subdirectoryDolphin :
Well it's a little less easy to use as it is not an arcade emulator and there is so much buttons on Wiimotes...and we can only use 3 for an emulated mouse
It's made to work with the latest stable version of Dolphin (x86 ! not x64 version) : 4.0.2
And with following games : House of the Dead overkill, Ghost Squad, Project Terror. Well.... it should work for any game if there is more Railshooter, it's just the Key mapping (you remember...limited to 3 buttons !) I'm changing according to whatever game is used
- Download, install (http://dl-mirror.dolphin-emu.org/4.0.2/dolphin-x86-4.0.2.exe
- Use GUI version of DemulShooter.exe (Dolphin tab) to make it copy Wiimote config file to Dolphin config folder (usually "MyDocuments\Dolphin Emulator\Config\WiimoteNew.ini")
- Launch Dolphin, go to Wiimote settings and check that P1 is set to "DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse" (you can add any keys you want with keyboard)
- P2 should be set to "SDL/0/ATRAK DEvice #2", it may be not the same name to you so use the dropdown list to select your #2 Gun with "SDL" mode, not DInput !
Long story short, As AImtraks (plural) are seen as a same unique device in Dolphin, I'm emulating a Joystick to feed P2 whereas P1 get datas with another way
- Launch DemulShooter like : DemulShooter.exe -target=dolphin -rom=hotdo
- Launch Dolphin and a rom and enjoy
Note : In Wiimote settings, it may be possible to see Buttons and Axis moving as you press it for P1 (Direct input) but it also may be possible to not see anything work in this menu for emulated P2 joystick. It's normal, it's working once a game is launched
I added a "README" file in the zip with all these instructions.
As usual, let me know about any trouble !