Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 972044 times)

MydknyteStyrm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 25, 2022, 09:23:05 am
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL)
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2016, 06:56:08 am »
Dude, you have conquered Demul. Many thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2017, 08:54:29 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2016, 09:14:38 am »
I replaced Demulshooter.exe and the MemoryData folder with the new 2.0 version, saved my gun in demulshooter.exe, and tried Ninja Assault and Confidential Mission. Both still work fine, but I still have the reload problem with Ninja Assault. I'll keep playing with it, maybe it's not launching correctly in my frontend.

Edit: Yep, my fault. Launched Demulshooter through command prompt then launched Ninja Assault and the reload worked like normal! Just gotta figure out how to launch DemulShooter through Maximus Arcade before shooting games...

Edit 2: Figured it out! Works great! And selecting per rom instead of system lets me launch it with every rom and still have my buttons work! Love it. Thanks so much!!
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:50:10 am by breathsavers »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 06:21:46 am
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2016, 09:52:41 am »
I replaced Demulshooter.exe and the MemoryData folder with the new 2.0 version, saved my gun in demulshooter.exe, and tried Ninja Assault and Confidential Mission. Both still work fine, but I still have the reload problem with Ninja Assault. I'll keep playing with it, maybe it's not launching correctly in my frontend.

Edit: Yep, my fault. Launched Demulshooter through command prompt then launched Ninja Assault and the reload worked like normal! Just gotta figure out how to launch DemulShooter through Maximus Arcade before shooting games...
Unfortunatelly I don't know Maximus at all  :(
I use an AutohotKey script to launch my games. Here is the one for a demul game on my cab,if it can help you :
Code: [Select]
#SingleInstance

;Hide Mouse Cursor
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\nomousy\nomousy.exe -h, C:\Program Files (x86)\nomousy\

;2p support
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -demul=07a -rom=ninjaslt -noresize, C:\Program Files (x86)\DemulShooter

Run, D:\Demul\demul.exe -run=naomi -rom=ninjasltu, D:\Demul\

;Quit
Escape::
Process, Close, demul.exe
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\nomousy\nomousy.exe -s , C:\Program Files (x86)\nomousy\
ExitApp
Return

Edit2 : Glad you succeeded  ;D
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 09:54:57 am by argonlefou »

breathsavers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 09, 2017, 08:54:29 pm
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2016, 09:54:28 am »
Thanks argonlefou, I got it figured out :)

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 09, 2019, 04:27:49 am
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2016, 11:00:02 am »
Thx Argon  :cheers: , I will have a look tonight.

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2016, 10:11:09 am »
So after testing new version 2.0, the only thing is that death crimson OX on naomi is not working anymore with 2 Guns, it was with version 1.5  :P

But I think it's on going  ;)

Thx again for your work  :cheers:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: April 02, 2016, 10:43:51 am »
Hahahaha, I just......forgot this game in the list  ;D
Updated to 2.1, should be ok now !

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 14, 2023, 12:54:43 pm
« Reply #47 on: April 13, 2016, 12:43:41 pm »
I got everything working and it's awesome! One problem though: No controls in Ranger Mission! Can't press Start/Coin. Any idea?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #48 on: April 14, 2016, 03:53:05 am »
Hmmm...not sure  :(
What version of Demul are you using ? I'll re-run tests here

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #49 on: April 14, 2016, 08:03:49 am »
0.7a! Everything else works fine.

BTW if someone is using this with Hyperspin, this is what you will have to add to the "User Functions.ahk" in Rocketlaunchers LIB folder:

Code: [Select]
StartGlobalUserFeatures(){
Global systemName, romName, emuPath
Log("StartGlobalUserFeatures - Starting")
if ( (systemName="Sega Naomi" or "Sammy Atomiswave" ) and (romName="lupinsho" or romName="confmiss" or romName="hotd2" or romName="deathcox" or romName="mok" or romName="ninjaslt"or romName="rangrmsn" or romName="xtrmhnt2" or romName="xtrmhunt") )
Run("DemulShooter.exe -demul=07a -rom=" . romName . " -noresize", emuPath)
Log("StartGlobalUserFeatures - Ending")
}

Demul Shooter has to be in the Emulators folder for this to work. if you're not on 07a you have to change that to your emulator.

Oh and for features: Since most will use this with Aimtraks I guess, would it be possible to add Joystick Support somehow to use the Aimtraks Joystick Buttons with Extrem Hunter?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 08:07:10 am by Endprodukt »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #50 on: April 14, 2016, 09:08:26 am »
It's weird, I tested this morning at home with the zip downloaded here, and everything works fine
PadDemul plugin configuration is  the same for every game :
On my rig, Start/Coin are mapped to Aimtraks
On my dev. computer everything is on Keyboard
Both ways are working with naomi, naomi2 or Demul games  :-\

Is Ranger Mission the only game where buttons are not working ?
You can try to see in service menu after launching a game, there's  "I/O TEST" option where you'll see the crosshair, and by pressing service (or TEST) a 2nd time you'll see start,coin, trigger, pump buttons with pressed state. (Do not pay attention to the trigger it's handle in a weird way by Demul)

BTW if someone is using this with Hyperspin, this is what you will have to add to the "User Functions.ahk" in Rocketlaunchers LIB folder:
[...]
Demul Shooter has to be in the Emulators folder for this to work. if you're not on 07a you have to change that to your emulator.
If you want DemulShooter in his own folder and Run it with Ahk, just write full path to "Run" DemulShooter, and replace "emuPath" by DemulShooter path, that's how I do (even if it not by using Hyperspin)  ;) :
Run, C:\Program Files (x86)\DemulShooter\DemulShooter.exe -demul=07a -rom=confmiss -noresize, C:\Program Files (x86)\DemulShooter

Oh and for features: Since most will use this with Aimtraks I guess, would it be possible to add Joystick Support somehow to use the Aimtraks Joystick Buttons with Extrem Hunter?
Does Extrem Hunter need special controls (analog / joystick) instead of aiming ? I just tried it 5 mn and it was a standard shooting game

Oh, if you're talking about Aimtrak buttons other than trigger (P1--P5,  the ones you can wire on the Aimtrak aux connector and configure in Aimtrak software) there's nothing to add, PadDemul plugin will recognized pressed buttons as JOY_XXX. Just configure these buttons in Demul padDemul config screen, that's how I did at home  :)
Edit : Sidenote, even if PadDemul recognize JOY buttons (works in game with coin, service, test, start), these may not work in game if set to Button1, button2, etc... as Demul does not use them on most railshooter games
« Last Edit: April 14, 2016, 09:16:58 am by argonlefou »

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #51 on: April 14, 2016, 03:58:35 pm »
ok, found the problem with ranger mission, was rocket launcher related. if anyone runs into it using rocket launcher: controls for Ranger Mission are set to "lightgun" - a preset that doesn't even exist. Set it to standard.

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2016, 01:50:35 pm »
Last problem to solve: Can't off-screen reload in Ninja Assault with both aimtraks. Every other game works now to satisfaction!

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #53 on: April 18, 2016, 08:07:13 am »
I always set my side Aimtrak button for the reload in the Aimtrak utility. Not the ideal "realistic" arcade experience but makes it a lot more easier when two people are playing.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #54 on: April 18, 2016, 08:29:33 am »
Last problem to solve: Can't off-screen reload in Ninja Assault with both aimtraks. Every other game works now to satisfaction!
Did you test it without any frontend ?
If Aimtrak trigger off-screen is set to right-mouse button, and if Demul ans Demulshooter are working, then off-screen reload works like a charm for Ninja Assault !

Edit : If i'm not wrong, isn't there multiple roms for ninjaAssault in Demul's list?

I always set my side Aimtrak button for the reload in the Aimtrak utility. Not the ideal "realistic" arcade experience but makes it a lot more easier when two people are playing.
Unfortunately, Ninja Assault on Demul cannot use a reload button (by default, Right-mouse button with Demul) as opposed to all other roms. That's why I had to make  DemulShooter trick Demul by sending out-of-screen coordonates + Fire to make reload action with this  rom

By the way, updated DemulShooter to v2.2 by adding support for another Atomiswave Game : Sports Shooting USA. Funny game with a full calibration setup in Service Menu :)
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 08:41:26 am by argonlefou »

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #55 on: April 18, 2016, 11:11:35 am »
Did you test it without any frontend ?
If Aimtrak trigger off-screen is set to right-mouse button, and if Demul ans Demulshooter are working, then off-screen reload works like a charm for Ninja Assault !

Edit : If i'm not wrong, isn't there multiple roms for ninjaAssault in Demul's list?

I tested it through command line. Aimtrak is set to trigger right mouse at off screen. I'm using the Ninjaslt rom. If I shoot outside the screen I simply continue shooting into one of the corners.

Again: This does NOT happen with any of the other games!

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #56 on: April 18, 2016, 11:31:46 am »
Just installed 2.2 to test with sprtshot. Works fine! Only Ninja Assault is giving me trouble.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2016, 01:08:14 pm »
Again: This does NOT happen with any of the other games!
As I said upside, it's normal that Ninja Assault is alone different from all other roms : all other games got the "reload signal" or whatever it is (I don't know inside mechanics of Demul :( ) from the emulator as soon as a right-click is detected
With Ninja assault, the only way to reload is to Fire outside the playable screen (so a left click with the pointer outside of the screen....not so easy  ;D!!). You can try without demulshooter, the only way to reload would be to shoot on black borders on the side if you have a 16/9 display

I tested it through command line. Aimtrak is set to trigger right mouse at off screen. I'm using the Ninjaslt rom. If I shoot outside the screen I simply continue shooting into one of the corners.
Ok...let's see if we can find something....it's hard as I have it working here :/
Test 1:
Do you have 4/3 or 16/9 screen and do you have black border on the side ?
If so, does reload work when you shoot on these border ?
If not, can you change Demul aspect ration (it's on options) to distord image and make borders to test ?

Test 2 :
Does it ALWAYS shoot on the same corner (let's say upper right if lucky ??) whether you shoot outside top, left, bottom or right of your screen ?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 01:11:30 pm by argonlefou »

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2016, 01:48:49 pm »
I'm on a 25" MultiSync CRT.

In 4:3 fullscreen it will shoot in the upper LEFT corner when I reload offscreen.

Setting demul to 16:9 will give me borders on top and bottom that will allow me to reload when I shoot them. It looks very bad, though.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2016, 04:50:08 pm »
Setting demul to 16:9 will give me borders on top and bottom that will allow me to reload when I shoot them. It looks very bad, though.
Hell yeah ! It was just for testing purposes :)

I'm on a 25" MultiSync CRT.
In 4:3 fullscreen it will shoot in the upper LEFT corner when I reload offscreen.
Ok got it ! 4:3 format is what causes the malfunction, as I play on a 16/9 dislplay, it ends as you say on top left corner (aaaah hexadecimal magic :)) but it's in a black border so it worked
Can you test the version I attach just at the bottom ? If it works I'll update 1st post with it

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:10:52 am by argonlefou »

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #60 on: April 19, 2016, 10:34:42 am »
Same as before. Should I delete old files or is overwriting ok?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #61 on: April 19, 2016, 11:04:12 am »
And if you try on windowed mode ?
Only .exe was changed, unfortunatelly for now I can"t do much more. I can't find a persistent spot ON screen were it should reload.
It works at some place (extreme border screen) then other place the game after.

I'm afraid for now the only way out would be you to find (without demulshooter) a place on screen were it should reload every time you shoot, every time you use Demul, for me to add it to the program :-(

When I'll have some time I may look into it much more but without the same scren setup as yours (4:3 CRTscreen with native resolution and no border at all on fullscreen) I can't promise I find a way
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 11:31:21 am by argonlefou »

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #62 on: April 19, 2016, 12:16:23 pm »
That really is too bad... I'll find a workaround ;)

Sorn

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2018, 08:56:19 pm
« Reply #63 on: April 19, 2016, 05:37:16 pm »
Question for you fellow demul users.

In my other emulators im able to start them in full screen, but then force the resolution so that there is simply black bars on the side. I've found that demul does not work well like this, because when I shoot in the corners of the screen it will go outside the screen, right click, and then force demul out of full screen and into windowed mode. I've had this happen a lot where it brings up the "about" pop up.

Is there any way to get demul working in full screen without this occurring?

The reason is because most other emulators are going to be configured in 640x480 resolution, as that appears to be the most accurate resolution for light guns in most instances. I can get demul full screen in 1366x768 without the above problem occurring, but the issue is that the guns need to be configured individually for this resolution, and some other emulators are just simply not accurate at this resolution. Im trying to setup the guns so that I dont need to reconfigure them for each system im on!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2016, 03:17:16 am »
That really is too bad... I'll find a workaround ;)
I took some time to look more at it, when you go to JVS menu -> I/O Test -> Gun Initialisation, you'll see the gray screen with a darker rectangle for a kind of "screen limit". I noticed that when you shoot outside of the rectangle, it fires every time on the upper left corner, just as what happens to you in game....that's strange ! Because when you shoot outside of the border in game, it does not fire with me, it just reload.

Anyway, I made another little ajustment for you to test, it's working here on fullscreen and windowed mode (so with no black border at all). I just can't test it full screen without borders but it should work (well... theorically)
Just overwrite Demulshooter.exe with the one joined at the bottom of this post. Hopefully this should make reload work

Question for you fellow demul users.

In my other emulators im able to start them in full screen, but then force the resolution so that there is simply black bars on the side. I've found that demul does not work well like this, because when I shoot in the corners of the screen it will go outside the screen, right click, and then force demul out of full screen and into windowed mode. I've had this happen a lot where it brings up the "about" pop up.

Is there any way to get demul working in full screen without this occurring?

The reason is because most other emulators are going to be configured in 640x480 resolution, as that appears to be the most accurate resolution for light guns in most instances. I can get demul full screen in 1366x768 without the above problem occurring, but the issue is that the guns need to be configured individually for this resolution, and some other emulators are just simply not accurate at this resolution. Im trying to setup the guns so that I dont need to reconfigure them for each system im on!
I'm not sure this is the problem you have, but Demul goes from Fullscreen to Windowed mode when you shoot right in the upper left corner (very small area but it sometimes happen :( ). For this, run Demulshooter with the -noresize option (see 1st post for instructions)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 04:16:16 am by argonlefou »

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2016, 08:28:16 am »
Thank you very much! It doesn't work, though :(

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2016, 08:51:58 am »
Thank you very much! It doesn't work, though :(
Damn it :(

If you play the game without Demulshooter (windowed and full screen would both need a test), can you reload by firing on edge of the screen ? (bottom edge, just under bullets display seems to be the most consistent place)
Easy way to test is to let mouse cursor displayed (by default, enabling full screen start in Demul menu does not hide mouse)

Nevermind I'm an idiot...I found memory location of Ammunition Number, just need to write into to reload.....why didn't I start with this option!
Update will come soon
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 09:14:57 am by argonlefou »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2016, 11:27:35 am »
TIme to update  to v2.3 ;D
I'll be damned if this is still not working now  >:D Don't forget to replace all MemoryData folder for those who update from a past version
« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 01:11:34 pm by argonlefou »

Endprodukt

• Offline Offline
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2016, 11:52:57 am »
Works! Awesome!

Does anyone have a mp4/flv previewvideo for ninjaslt?

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #69 on: May 13, 2016, 07:40:17 am »
DemulShooter may have to change it's name...  :D

I'm adding support for "Silent Hill The Arcade" gun game unofficial port from Taito Type X
It's working good, just need to polish things to make it clean

Also, I worked on Model2 v1.1a, and next release will have support for Model2 shooting games.
It is absolutelly NOT to go against Howard and TS2 - I'll never support as much games as it supports - but by requests (and personnal needs) I had to make this so that swappable USB devices would not be a problem anymore with Model2
Moreover, all needed info to make TS2 work with Model2 1.1a (where to inject, where to NOP, etc..) will be available in my MemoryData folder for anyone who wants to make TS2 ini files :)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:14:54 am by PL1 »

burn_654

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 06, 2024, 03:31:13 pm
« Reply #70 on: May 13, 2016, 10:45:30 am »
You're my freaking hero! Working on exactly the stuff I'm trying to include in my project, exciting...

Working on my aforementioned Topgun-driver with ps2 guncons project (I may call it the TopGunCon when I publish my circuit/tools) I was having trouble with TS2 and model 2 in regards to the length that shots needed to be to actually register as on vs. offscreen shots. Basically, the Topgun driver registers a 'Mouse1' click only while it detects the gun as 'on-screen' and as soon as visual is lost it sends a 'Mouse2' reload command, even if you're still holding the trigger. In my testing this often caused a shot and reload in the same trigger pull. The way for me to combat this was to make the pulse length of the shot as short as possible using a circuit. This combined with a custom flash program has me in business for many things but not TS2/model2...I have to increase the pulse length and the flash length by an annoyingly large amount.

That said, my setup works perfectly with Demulshooter with a nice snappy pulse length (3-4ms) so I'm hoping the same methods you use applied to model2 will get that going for me as well!

I was looking into the Silent Hill game and I know some people were able to get 1 mouse/gun working but not 2. Is 2 player one of your goals with that game?

Keep up the awesome work!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #71 on: May 13, 2016, 01:39:41 pm »
Well....the "low-level API" part for registering inputs has not changed. So if your TopGunCon was providing good inputs, it should still work the same way with the upcomming version :)

As for silent Hill, yes I made it work with DemulShooter so that we can play this game with 2 Players, and added the "offscreen shoot = reload"
I just need to polish little details before releasing the update :)

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #72 on: May 21, 2016, 06:16:36 am »
Ok guys, I ended up playing with Dolphin Emulator too (I wanted to play House of the Dead Overkill with 2 Players !)
So here comes v3.0 (zip link in the 1st post)

User Manual now in a README file in the zip ! Not anymore on 1st post (too big !)

What's new in 3.0 :

*Some changes for cmdline parameters ([-demul=] replaced by [-target=])
And added to target list :
Dolphin          Dolphin Emulator x86 v4.0.2
model2          Model2 Emulator v1.1a (EMULATOR.EXE)
model2m       Model2 Emulator v1.1a (emulator_multicpu.exe)
ttx                 Taito Type X

Model2 :
- Download and unzip latest version (http://nebula.emulatronia.com/downloadgw.php?get=m2emulator.zip)
- Edit the file "EMULATOR.INI" to change UseRawInput=0 to UseRawInput=1. You don't have so set RawDevP1 and RawDevP1 to any specific number, I blocked original readings from the emulator so even if the device number is one existing mouse/lightgun it will not respond at all if not feed by DemulShoooter. Note : you can use DrawCross=1 parameter, genuine crosshairs will work with both players (I find it cool to tune gun calibration in-game)
- Launch DemulShooter like : DemulShooter.exe -target=model2m -rom=vcop
- Launch emulator with rom and play :)

Note : Everygame is based on LeftCLick = Fire, RightClick = Reload. Except for Behind Enemy Lines for which secondary click is a grenade so I made it launch by a MiddleClick so that it can be used aiming at a target on-screen (as right-click usually is firing out of screen borders)

Silent Hill the Arcade :
Procedure is very simple too :
- Make the game work (might be the hardest part ! )
- There is a small app with the game (config.bat) to configure keys but you can't easily set P2 keys. Use GUI version of Demulshooter.exe (where you select your guns, there is a new tab for Silent Hill) to easily set Silent Hill keys . Triggers only will be used by DemulShooter to send correct keycode to the game.
- Launch DemulShooter like : DemulShooter.exe -target=ttx -rom=sha
- Launch KSHG_no_cursor.exe and enjoy the game. Left click will send Trigger key, and right click will reload
- You can use the loader "Game Loader All RH.exe" to run the game with enhanced graphics but in that case you will have to uncheck "enable hotkeys" : it uses right click to pause the game so each time you'll reload manually...

Note 1 : Only work with "KSHG_no_cursor.exe", not with "KSHG.exe"
Note 2 : Aim will be completelly weird in SERVICE menu, this is normal. It is accurate with the cursor in-game so there is no need to calibrate
Note 3 : "Game Loader All RH.exe" adds his  own crosshair cursor, to make it disappear just create a totally transparent cursor and overwrite the "CrossHair.cur" in "sv" subdirectory

Dolphin :
Well it's a little less easy to use as it is not an arcade emulator and there is so much buttons on Wiimotes...and we can only use 3 for an emulated mouse
It's made to work with the latest stable version of Dolphin (x86 ! not x64 version) : 4.0.2
And with following games : House of the Dead overkill, Ghost Squad, Project Terror. Well.... it should work for any game if there is more Railshooter, it's just the Key mapping (you remember...limited to 3 buttons !) I'm changing according to whatever game is used
- Download, install (http://dl-mirror.dolphin-emu.org/4.0.2/dolphin-x86-4.0.2.exe)
- Use GUI version of DemulShooter.exe (Dolphin tab) to make it copy Wiimote config file to Dolphin config folder (usually "MyDocuments\Dolphin Emulator\Config\WiimoteNew.ini")
- Launch Dolphin, go to Wiimote settings and check that P1 is set to "DInput/0/Keyboard Mouse" (you can add any keys you want with keyboard)
- P2 should be set to "SDL/0/ATRAK DEvice #2", it may be not the same name to you so use the dropdown list to select your #2 Gun with "SDL" mode, not DInput !
Long story short, As AImtraks (plural) are seen as a same unique device in Dolphin,  I'm emulating a Joystick to feed P2 whereas P1 get datas with another way
- Launch DemulShooter like : DemulShooter.exe -target=dolphin -rom=hotdo
- Launch Dolphin and a rom and enjoy

Note : In Wiimote settings, it may be possible to see Buttons and Axis moving as you press it for P1 (Direct input) but it also may be possible to not see anything work in this menu for emulated P2 joystick. It's normal, it's working once a game is launched

I added a "README" file in the zip with all these instructions.

As usual, let me know about any trouble !
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 07:17:37 am by PL1 »

burn_654

• Offline Offline
Awesome! Looking forward to trying this soon!

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
Tested on Silent The Arcade and Approved  :applaud:

Merci Argonlefou

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2023, 11:47:26 pm
Just configured this and just wanted to say one thing

THHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKKKKKK YYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worked like a charm and my friends and I were playing hot2 in 2 player bliss  ;D

ArcadeBliss

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 08, 2023, 11:47:26 pm
Not intending to hijack your thread, but can anyone PM me the 1.6 firmware of the AimTrack? I flashed the wrong version and it is stuck in update mode looking for the correct firmware. Thanks

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Thanks again for such a great program. Has anyone here successfully integrated this with Rocketlauncher? I applied the code to the User Functions.ahk but RL doesn't seem to load Demulshooter. Thanks for any help you might provide

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Not intending to hijack your thread, but can anyone PM me the 1.6 firmware of the AimTrack? I flashed the wrong version and it is stuck in update mode looking for the correct firmware. Thanks
Do you have an "old type" or "newer type" of Aimtrak ? (you can see both here : https://www.ultimarc.com/recoil.html)
If you have old version, I'll send you the latest firmware

If not, you can mail Andy directly, he usually answers. That's how I got my firmwares

burn_654

• Offline Offline
Ok so I tried the new version with the TopGunCon setup and it works perfectly for Demul as expected.  :applaud:

However I'm not having luck with model2. I launched demulshooter with the -target=model2 -rom=vcop -v arguments as well as -rom=hotd. I'm getting no shot position updating from the guns/recognized shots are only occuring in one spot of the screen (this behavior seems to be the same as if demulshooter isn't running.) I can't get to my log right now but I'll retrieve it later - but I seem to recall a couple repeat statements of 'Couldn't read from XXXXXX' which was a hex address. It was the same address showing for running Demulshooter for Virtua Cop and House of the Dead.

I'm running model2 1.1a from the nebula homepage on windows xp 32bit. Any thoughts? I'll get the log for you when I get home.