Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 22337 times)

GreatLamer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
Thanks for the stuff! I will test it soon with dual Topguns :D

By the way, is there any patch to ADD lightgun crosshairs for demul? Don't wanna use the lasersight on the gun.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 01:16:22 pm by GreatLamer »

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
how did you get it working on more modern OSes? Or are you using one with support for the kind of javascript the launcher uses? I'd love to be able to boot it up, the best I can get out of it is what I assume is the demo mode by using +set game on the quake exe.
I got problems too running this launcher, in win xp, I changed some security option of an old explorer version and worked. But in win 10 I tried with firefox, chrome, and edge and had no luck

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
how did you get it working on more modern OSes? Or are you using one with support for the kind of javascript the launcher uses? I'd love to be able to boot it up, the best I can get out of it is what I assume is the demo mode by using +set game on the quake exe.
I got problems too running this launcher, in win xp, I changed some security option of an old explorer version and worked. But in win 10 I tried with firefox, chrome, and edge and had no luck
Thanks for the tip, I tried installing a few old versions of IE in Windows 7 64 bit, but had no luck thanks to incompatibility. Then I found IETester, and despite kicking out a bunch of OLE errors it looks like you can get the game running from IE5.5 without issues.

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
Hi, is it possible to remove the demo text from art is dead, i have the code to make it full game but i dont know where to  enter it, how do you make it full game? thanks

Also is it possible to play House of the dead overkill (PC VERSION) local multiplayer, with 2 guns?

When playing Silent Hill, i followed all your steps but the cursor (after removing it using the demulshotter button for silent hill) its now an hour glass for each player, doesnt matter if i launch with KSHG_no_cursor or Game Loader All RH, the hour cursors are there,   how can i make them  disappear?

PD> the links on the demul shooter readme.txt for sillent hill arcade are down, none of them are working, do you have another link for the game and launcher ,can you please upload your launcher, because the mediafire file its not longer there? thanks again.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2017, 02:11:16 am by alexportugal1212 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Hi, is it possible to remove the demo text from art is dead, i have the code to make it full game but i dont know where to  enter it, how do you make it full game? thanks
I tried different version of the game while adding it to demulshooter, I had trouble finding how to do it too.
You have (normally) 2 different acces to the register program :
1) In you Windows Menu -> Software -> Art Is Dead you'll have many shortcuts, including one called "Set the game licence"
2) In the game installation folder, you should find and execute the "license.srk" file  located in the "minisite" subfolder

Also is it possible to play House of the dead overkill (PC VERSION) local multiplayer, with 2 guns?
Unfortunattely no :(
The game is made to be played with a second player only by network. There is no local-dual-player coded in the game

When playing Silent Hill, i followed all your steps but the cursor (after removing it using the demulshotter button for silent hill) its now an hour glass for each player, doesnt matter if i launch with KSHG_no_cursor or Game Loader All RH, the hour cursors are there,   how can i make them  disappear?
If I remember well, KSHG_no_cursor hides the cross reticle used inside the game, but the windows hour glass may still be visible.
You can use a small program call nomousy (http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=143370.0;attach=322444) before launching the game to hide windows cursor (use it with: nomousy.exe -h)
Just be aware that you have to run it again to make your windows cursos visible once you quit the game ! ( To restore cursor use: nomousy.exe)

PD> the links on the demul shooter readme.txt for sillent hill arcade are down, none of them are working, do you have another link for the game and launcher ,can you please upload your launcher, because the mediafire file its not longer there? thanks again.
I'll upload my files and add some links in a couple of days, but meanwhile there are sme other sites offering the game (seems like you found them :) )

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
Alright, thank you very much.

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
I know it isn't really the focus of this program, but is there any way to calibrate the raw input from an act-labs gun? Mine works great in anything with a calibration menu because I can correct it there, but in windows the cursor isn't in line with the sights, it's down and to the left a bit. So games like Silent Hill Arcade, Gun Frenzy and HotD3 don't work too well. Which is a shame, the manual reload and crosshair removal work great.

The Ninja Assault reload works great too, is there any way to get something similar on Lupin or Sports shooting? I think they both work alright if you have a constantly tracked gun like the aimtrak, but for me I have to shoot on the very outer lines of the screen, which is pretty tough to do.

Also, could you add a keyboard shortcut for the middle click path change in HotD3? I don't have a third button, so I can't hit it.

Ward-iz

• Offline Offline
Does anyone have a dual aimtrack cab setup with a logitech racing wheel and pedals? Im finding that if i have both of my aimtrack guns plugged in while using the model 2 emulator,  the logitech wheel is not working , so that switching between gun and racing games becomes an issue . If i unplug one of the guns the wheel is recognised again and gun games in 1 player mode work and racing games work too. Sorry if this is a little off the main topic , but i wanted to get the demulshooter working for 2 player gun games without having to unplug the wheel . Was thinking it could be a possible device ID clash??

davidlinch

• Offline Offline
Hi Argon,

Did you plan to add "Gundam Zion" (Taito Type X) to the list of working games ? :)

Only One player  :notworthy:

Thx
« Last Edit: March 17, 2017, 03:26:04 pm by davidlinch »

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
Hi, is there a way to hide the Amirican Laser games Cursor from the games?

Also from Actionmax, thanks again

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Is there a way to have two separate crosshair images (for those of us that use them) like Troubleshooter?
Ok so finally, I can reuse what did Howard for TroubleShooters2 with model2
All credits to him, I reused a huge part of his lua scripts to integrate that with Demulshooter

BUT
it will obly be for model2 emulator ! As I have no acces to any other emulator/Game video process I can't add anything to a game rendering without a very complex DirectX hacking.

I'm still writing the README for that and I have yet to run a couple of test before I make it available here

I know it isn't really the focus of this program, but is there any way to calibrate the raw input from an act-labs gun? Mine works great in anything with a calibration menu because I can correct it there, but in windows the cursor isn't in line with the sights, it's down and to the left a bit. So games like Silent Hill Arcade, Gun Frenzy and HotD3 don't work too well. Which is a shame, the manual reload and crosshair removal work great.
Well, I can't calibrate your act-lab to make it input correct values according to your mouse...
The best I can do is add a some X-Y Offsets parameter to settle, to modify the received raw data and thus realign real shooting spot with your cursor

The Ninja Assault reload works great too, is there any way to get something similar on Lupin or Sports shooting? I think they both work alright if you have a constantly tracked gun like the aimtrak, but for me I have to shoot on the very outer lines of the screen, which is pretty tough to do.
It's weird, if Im not saying any mistakes they work the same physically. The only difference is the way I simulate with the emulator and the rom (Changing ammo number directly in NinjaAssault VS setting the real reload bit to 1 in other games). But for all game you have to send a "RIGHT CLICK" event for Demulshooter to reload so it has nothing to do with the way I handle the reload process....I just need a RIGHT CLICK from the gun

Also, could you add a keyboard shortcut for the middle click path change in HotD3? I don't have a third button, so I can't hit it.
I'm reading the keyboard game config to simulate a corresponding keypress, so you should be able to directly use the keyboard buttons you choose for Right or Left
I'm 100% certain that I blocked mouse inputs to the game, but I don't think I blocked real keyboard inputs (I'm not next to Demulshooter's sources right now so I may be wrong)

Hi, is there a way to hide the Amirican Laser games Cursor from the games?

Also from Actionmax, thanks again
Hi, never looked into these games.
I can't promise anything...but what version of these games ? Isn't there multiple ways to play them ? (PC release, multiple emulators ?)

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
Well, I can't calibrate your act-lab to make it input correct values according to your mouse...
The best I can do is add a some X-Y Offsets parameter to settle, to modify the received raw data and thus realign real shooting spot with your cursor
That would be great, ideally with some kind of on-screen indicator for how offset the new mouse cursor position would be while you're adjusting the X and Y. The gun is already calibrated great, the problem is just the offset. I've found a workaround for right now, but it involves physically adjusting my monitor for calibration every time, and I have to eyeball it without moving my head an inch and some pieces of tape. A software solution would be great, and I could dial it in much easier.

It's weird, if Im not saying any mistakes they work the same physically. The only difference is the way I simulate with the emulator and the rom (Changing ammo number directly in NinjaAssault VS setting the real reload bit to 1 in other games). But for all game you have to send a "RIGHT CLICK" event for Demulshooter to reload so it has nothing to do with the way I handle the reload process....I just need a RIGHT CLICK from the gun
Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I've forgotten how I set up the calibration for sports shooting with only 1 gun last time, so I'll skip that, but in Lupin right click doesn't reload. In the calibration, it all seems to work great, it detects when the gun is on or off the screen when I fire, but it doesn't work in-game. I'm guessing the cab is expecting a gun that's always being tracked, while mine only updates when I shoot. If I aim right at the edge I get a reload off either a left or right click, but outside the screen my gun just fires a right click at the last known position, which I guess confuses the game in some way because it expects the last known position to be the edge of the screen, which would be the case for a gun that's always tracked. I think you could emulate it on an aimtrak gun by holding the gun in the middle of the screen then hitting right click, instead of shooting off-screen.

I think most of the Atomiswave titles use this same system of expecting the reload in a border round the edge, but I haven't tested it.

I'm reading the keyboard game config to simulate a corresponding keypress, so you should be able to directly use the keyboard buttons you choose for Right or Left
I'm 100% certain that I blocked mouse inputs to the game, but I don't think I blocked real keyboard inputs (I'm not next to Demulshooter's sources right now so I may be wrong)
You're right on this one, I should have tried mashing more buttons, D and G work fine.

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the tip, I tried installing a few old versions of IE in Windows 7 64 bit, but had no luck thanks to incompatibility. Then I found IETester, and despite kicking out a bunch of OLE errors it looks like you can get the game running from IE5.5 without issues.
mm i have a new computer with windows 10 and seems IETester can't play ie5.5. ie6 opens with bugs, and the rest seems to work ok. These html launchers are a shame... Actually I don't understand what the problem is, maybe the launcher is written with deprecated javascript functions and so it needs an ancient browser? or what?

phasermaniac

• Offline Offline
argonlefou, dont you interest msx? I found it have many dual lightgun games: duck hunt msx version?, dungeon hunter and almost 4 gunstick games that were also two player games.
BlueMsx works but only one player, and MESS doesn't support rare inputs on these old computers.

otherwise, somebody has tested saturn lightgun emulation? yabause is supposed to emulate lightguns but I can't make it read the axis, the trigger seems to work.

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
HI, this game Manic Panic Ghost do you play this with guns on demul 7, and if so are you planning on adding it?

Edit: Just tried it and its totally fun with 1 gun, maybe consider it, check it out

As for the American laser here is one game : 
https://mega.nz/#!uMZjVYoL!KfOC8ihQBnYLuhqhvHpu8jsbvPmj0MsYotGTxEAqzD4
« Last Edit: March 18, 2017, 10:03:16 pm by alexportugal1212 »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
Here's a small update with :
- Support for Demul Pokasuka Ghosts! game
- Added a new tab on th GUI windows, to install m2emulator LUA script for 1P/2P custom crosshairs

That would be great, ideally with some kind of on-screen indicator for how offset the new mouse cursor position would be while you're adjusting the X and Y. The gun is already calibrated great, the problem is just the offset. I've found a workaround for right now, but it involves physically adjusting my monitor for calibration every time, and I have to eyeball it without moving my head an inch and some pieces of tape. A software solution would be great, and I could dial it in much easier.
could you please use the latest version of DemulShooter (4.7) and run it a little with the -v option so that it can create the debug.txt file, and share it here for me ?
Not too long, just for you to move the gun to the screen borders so that I can see what kind of values the act labs gun is outputing

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get it to work. I've forgotten how I set up the calibration for sports shooting with only 1 gun last time, so I'll skip that, but in Lupin right click doesn't reload. In the calibration, it all seems to work great, it detects when the gun is on or off the screen when I fire, but it doesn't work in-game. I'm guessing the cab is expecting a gun that's always being tracked, while mine only updates when I shoot. If I aim right at the edge I get a reload off either a left or right click, but outside the screen my gun just fires a right click at the last known position, which I guess confuses the game in some way because it expects the last known position to be the edge of the screen, which would be the case for a gun that's always tracked. I think you could emulate it on an aimtrak gun by holding the gun in the middle of the screen then hitting right click, instead of shooting off-screen.
Ok, I think I see better why it acts differently with Ninja Assault
I'll have a look into, that and your act labs gun calibration issue

HI, this game Manic Panic Ghost do you play this with guns on demul 7, and if so are you planning on adding it?

Edit: Just tried it and its totally fun with 1 gun, maybe consider it, check it out
Done ;) It should work..even if I didn't try too long with the japanese language to see if everything is Ok on all levels
Tell me if anything is not working

As for the American laser here is one game : 
https://mega.nz/#!uMZjVYoL!KfOC8ihQBnYLuhqhvHpu8jsbvPmj0MsYotGTxEAqzD4
You can easily remove the crosshairs.
There are 2 cursors int the game folder (cursor1.cur and cursor2.cur if I remember well)
Just replace them with anempty cursor. I've joined an ampty one below (empty.zip) just rename it and overwrite.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
argonlefou, dont you interest msx? I found it have many dual lightgun games: duck hunt msx version?, dungeon hunter and almost 4 gunstick games that were also two player games.
BlueMsx works but only one player, and MESS doesn't support rare inputs on these old computers.

otherwise, somebody has tested saturn lightgun emulation? yabause is supposed to emulate lightguns but I can't make it read the axis, the trigger seems to work.
For now I never looked into it yet, maybe later

Toasty833

• Offline Offline
could you please use the latest version of DemulShooter (4.7) and run it a little with the -v option so that it can create the debug.txt file, and share it here for me ?
Not too long, just for you to move the gun to the screen borders so that I can see what kind of values the act labs gun is outputing
I ran the gun over the screen for a bit while firing randomly, because it only updates when you shoot. I fired off-screen a bit too towards the end, I'm guessing that's where the repeated 288, 113 position was, because it just right clicks at the same spot.

alexportugal1212

• Offline Offline
First of all let me thank you for your effort and time, thanks you made my arcade dream come  true.

Last thing im missing is  >
You can easily remove the crosshairs.
There are 2 cursors int the game folder (cursor1.cur and cursor2.cur if I remember well)
Just replace them with anempty cursor. I've joined an ampty one below (empty.zip) just rename it and overwrite.

When i do that the windows cursor is there when i move the gun, the crosshair is gone but you can see the windows cursor while moving the gun pointing at the screen, i tried nomousy but still, even tried an invisible cursor i have and still, with your knowledge can you thing of a way around this? if i remove the cursir1 or try with a blank one its the same result windows mouse appear, thank you again.

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31