Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)  (Read 992031 times)

argonlefou

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 05:47:02 pm
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3120 on: December 16, 2022, 01:36:20 pm »
So you will put all the options in the mod?
and on demulshooter the command simply remains
-target=windows -rom=hod3pc   correct?
Yes, that's the goal. Demulshooter for the input/output and the mod for everything else.

we are close to perfection
I did 3 full games yesterday and I found no problems with the routes I did...
in the end credits it says (arcade staff) Takashi Oda and others....you could add ARGONLEFOU 8)
Haha, no I didn't create the game  :)
On your version, do you have the save popup option after you enter your name ? And do highscores load well after a restart ?
I want to remove that popup to autosave but not all game versions are properly saving..and of course I used the bad one when I wanted to test ...30mn lost lol

Maybe the last thing to do is a fix for the 16:9 issues....using widescreen will make your aim slightly off
16:9 issue ?
What kind ?
There's un undocumented option in Demulshooter (twell I should really write that ...it has been a couple of years) that can help for different screen ratio, but just to be sure it is the problem before I explain it ;)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 01:40:11 pm by argonlefou »

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2024, 03:53:29 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
Re: DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)
« Reply #3121 on: December 16, 2022, 02:32:45 pm »
I modified the exe to use 1920x1080 resolution...and the aim was a bit off center...then I didn't like the game in widescreen because it's a bit stretched...and I went back to the original 4:3.

yes i have the save pop-up at the end.
Highscores are ok!
« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 02:40:28 pm by cangarujack »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3122 on: December 16, 2022, 02:46:48 pm »
I modified the exe to use 1920x1080 resolution...and the aim was a bit off center...then I didn't like the game in widescreen because it's a bit stretched...and I went back to the original 4:3.

Highscores are ok!
I totally understand !
I did notnmodify the exe but I'm using DgVoodoo2 + ReShade to upscale the game graphics and force a 4/3 ratio (well i don't think it's exactly 4/3 for this game...I'll check out at home)
For that matter I made an option to correct the aim, you can try to add :
-forcexratio=4/3  in Demulshooter's command

It's not enabled for all games but this us fir this one
I'll explain more later if you want

« Last Edit: December 16, 2022, 02:49:42 pm by argonlefou »

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3123 on: December 16, 2022, 02:51:30 pm »
on 4:3 works all fine!!! 1440x1080 and using the bezel also....i like it.
the arcade version on cab is 16:9 it seems

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3124 on: December 16, 2022, 02:52:53 pm »

Highscores are ok!
I totally understand !
I did notnmodify the exe but I'm using DgVoodoo2 + ReShade to upscale the game graphics and force a 4/3 ratio (well i don't think it's exactly 4/3 for this game...I'll check out at home)
For that matter I made an option to correct the aim, you can try to add :
-forcexratio=4/3  in Demulshooter's command

It's not enabled for all games but this us fir this one
I'll explain more later if you want

exactly like that!!!!!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3125 on: December 17, 2022, 06:04:04 am »
on 4:3 works all fine!!! 1440x1080 and using the bezel also....i like it.
the arcade version on cab is 16:9 it seems
Arcade is more like 4/3 to me

So back to my computer, I'm also using 4/3 as a resolution.

Now for the -forceXratio options :
Like in this case, when you force the game to run in a 4/3 screen by modifying the game windows viewport and getting black side borders that are not part of the game's inner display, DemulShooter is getting the viewport size (1440*1080) as maximum values to translate coordinates. That why you'll be at the edge of your game screen when the gun will point at the edge of your physical screen - that's why an offset will be present and be growing the more you're getting off the center

-forceXratio=4/3 will force demulshooter to recalculate final coordinates on a 4/3 viewport zone centered in the screen with black borders on the side
you can put any ratio as parameter (-forceXratio=16/9 or 5/2 or a float value like 1.33)
But for now this has just been added to some games (hotd3, hauntedmuseum, and a few more). I've yet to put it a a general options....and document it

For example model2emulator, when choosing 4/3 display emulation, does not have this issue because the program is creating the black borders itself around the graphics and they are part of the size DemulShooter gets.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2022, 06:05:36 am by argonlefou »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3126 on: December 20, 2022, 05:35:21 am »
I've recently finished my conversion over to Gun4IR and have begun testing games, recalibrating, etc... part of this process is upgrading DemulShooter. What I've done over the years was to install various point releases specific to the game/emulator, so I have dozens of demulshooters to update (or consolidate). I just started the Sammy/Atomiswave games that run on Demul however the current DemulShooter does not hook properly. Some games will say that its hooked (Extreme Hunting for example) but any of my 4 guns work in game and all fire each players bullets, etc... Extreme Hunting 2 however Demulshooter does not hook. I rolled back to the previous version I was using for these games (8.5.2) and all of them work fine. Did something change that I need to do to get them working with Naomi/Sammy/Atomiswave/etc... or does the current Demulshooter release have a bug?

I would normally be fine sticking with 8.5.2 however my plan is to use mamehooker and outputs were not supported back then

Just checked this morning, everything is hooking fine with latest release for these games
You can try to share a DemulShooter debug file (https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging)

DemulShooter v10.8.2 update :
- Corrected crosshair moving with players controler in Attract Menu in "Rabbids Hollywood Arcade" (DemulShooterX64)
- Removed "House Of The Dead 3" (Windows) specific options (-noreload, -noguns and credits insertion). These are now handled by my Hod3 Arcade mod

punkdark2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 11, 2024, 07:51:10 am
« Reply #3127 on: December 22, 2022, 08:50:21 am »
I've recently finished my conversion over to Gun4IR and have begun testing games, recalibrating, etc... part of this process is upgrading DemulShooter. What I've done over the years was to install various point releases specific to the game/emulator, so I have dozens of demulshooters to update (or consolidate). I just started the Sammy/Atomiswave games that run on Demul however the current DemulShooter does not hook properly. Some games will say that its hooked (Extreme Hunting for example) but any of my 4 guns work in game and all fire each players bullets, etc... Extreme Hunting 2 however Demulshooter does not hook. I rolled back to the previous version I was using for these games (8.5.2) and all of them work fine. Did something change that I need to do to get them working with Naomi/Sammy/Atomiswave/etc... or does the current Demulshooter release have a bug?

I would normally be fine sticking with 8.5.2 however my plan is to use mamehooker and outputs were not supported back then

Just checked this morning, everything is hooking fine with latest release for these games
You can try to share a DemulShooter debug file (https://github.com/argonlefou/DemulShooter/wiki/Debugging)

DemulShooter v10.8.2 update :
- Corrected crosshair moving with players controler in Attract Menu in "Rabbids Hollywood Arcade" (DemulShooterX64)
- Removed "House Of The Dead 3" (Windows) specific options (-noreload, -noguns and credits insertion). These are now handled by my Hod3 Arcade mod

Thanks Argon, The MOD and this latest version of the demulshooter were very good

slammin

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2023, 09:05:51 am
« Reply #3128 on: December 23, 2022, 03:27:02 pm »
Hi Guys, hoping that someone can offer some help.  I am using the latest version of Demulshooter and Demul.  I am running Demul on an external drive, using Sinden lightguns, but can only get both players shooting properly if I run Demulshooter from an internal drive.  If I run it from an external drive, players can't shoot.  The only thing I can think of is that windows 10 is restricting the external drives somehow.

On the external drive the Demulshooter Icon still turns green and shows that the game is hooked, but neither player can shoot. - I can enter coins and start though.  Looking at the log files between running internally and externally, both seem identical, both show that process is hooked, proper hash.

Any ideas would be appreciated.  Thanks!

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3129 on: December 23, 2022, 03:57:53 pm »
You can always share the log files
Just in case

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3130 on: December 24, 2022, 08:02:43 am »
Hi Guys, hoping that someone can offer some help.  I am using the latest version of Demulshooter and Demul.  I am running Demul on an external drive, using Sinden lightguns, but can only get both players shooting properly if I run Demulshooter from an internal drive.  If I run it from an external drive, players can't shoot.  The only thing I can think of is that windows 10 is restricting the external drives somehow.

On the external drive the Demulshooter Icon still turns green and shows that the game is hooked, but neither player can shoot. - I can enter coins and start though.  Looking at the log files between running internally and externally, both seem identical, both show that process is hooked, proper hash.

i use demul, demulshooter and sinden software on an external drive, and i have no problem...do you use an AHK? do you start sinden software or demulshooter first? try swapping them...or try running demulshooter as administrator

Argonlefou, do you know wartran troopers? are you able to remove the crosshairs? they only appear with special weapons

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3131 on: December 24, 2022, 11:19:43 am »
Argonlefou, do you know wartran troopers? are you able to remove the crosshairs? they only appear with special weapons
I know it, I got the dump many years ago but it was not possible to run the game
Is it now ? If so I guess on TP Patreon list ?

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #3132 on: December 24, 2022, 03:36:42 pm »
yeah! Wartran Troopers works in Teknoparrot and is released from patreon too as a christmas gift :D
Would be really nice to have output support if its possible  :cheers:
"One coin to rule em' all"

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3133 on: December 25, 2022, 02:29:32 pm »
So...another one to put on the stack  ;)

slammin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3134 on: December 27, 2022, 09:40:23 pm »
You can always share the log files
Just in case

Thanks, I took my external drive out of the enclosure and put it in my PC.  I started the Sinden lightlun.exe, then ran the demulshooter command for HOTD2 (as admin), then ran demule and loaded game.
On this drive, both players shoot as one. When I do the exact same process with all folders copied to my C: drive and run from there, it works great. I literally just copied the Sinden folder, the demulshooter folder and the demul folder to C:, all files are the same.

I've attached the log file.

Thanks for taking a look guys.

slammin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3135 on: December 27, 2022, 09:58:47 pm »

i use demul, demulshooter and sinden software on an external drive, and i have no problem...do you use an AHK? do you start sinden software or demulshooter first? try swapping them...or try running demulshooter as administrator

Thanks for the response.  I am just running this barebones right now to get it working, no AHK, no front end. I have tried all combinations, running demulshooter as admin, not as admin, running it first, last, you name it.  All with the same result. 

pacooka

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 25, 2023, 09:25:13 am
« Reply #3136 on: December 28, 2022, 08:52:29 am »

Thanks for the response.  I am just running this barebones right now to get it working, no AHK, no front end. I have tried all combinations, running demulshooter as admin, not as admin, running it first, last, you name it.  All with the same result.

If it is working for you outside the frontend/Launcher, i'm pretty sure its related to the run as admin/non-admin, just make sure you either running all as admin or all as non-admin - Frontend/Launcher/Emulator and any side .exe file

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3137 on: December 28, 2022, 09:10:44 am »
Unfortunately, nothing explicit on the logs. I was mainly looking at the path for config files and so on, but testing it properly without any frontend or AHK script makes it almost impossible to do something wrong on that part.
I have no idea...

slammin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3138 on: December 28, 2022, 10:59:43 am »

If it is working for you outside the frontend/Launcher, i'm pretty sure its related to the run as admin/non-admin, just make sure you either running all as admin or all as non-admin - Frontend/Launcher/Emulator and any side .exe file

It's only working on my smaller internal drives, running as admin or not makes no difference on the larger drive.  All files and settings are the same as what's running on my C: drive.  I copied everything to a different 8TB external drive, and the players don't shoot at all. 

slammin

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3139 on: December 28, 2022, 11:02:08 am »
Unfortunately, nothing explicit on the logs. I was mainly looking at the path for config files and so on, but testing it properly without any frontend or AHK script makes it almost impossible to do something wrong on that part.
I have no idea...

That's too bad, but thank you very much for looking.  I'm determined to figure out what is causing this, I'll post again if I solve this mystery.

cack01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2023, 11:49:55 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3140 on: December 29, 2022, 11:02:32 pm »
Hi All,

Has anyone experienced issues with Rabbids Hollywood when they play two players? One player works fine, but with two players both crosshairs become Player 2 (Green). Visually you see two crosshairs and they each follow the correct gun. However, it looks like the crosshairs are jumping back and forth. In fact, when I take a screenshot I only see one crosshair. i.e. Player 2's crosshair is constantly switching position with Player 1's. I have seen this problem mentioned by a couple other people and so I wanted to post my log here to see if anyone can ID the issue. Some people have mentioned the issue might be caused by using the original mousehook + demualshooter. However, I am only using demulshooter.

Thanks for any help.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3141 on: January 04, 2023, 11:51:56 am »
Hi All,

Has anyone experienced issues with Rabbids Hollywood when they play two players? One player works fine, but with two players both crosshairs become Player 2 (Green). Visually you see two crosshairs and they each follow the correct gun. However, it looks like the crosshairs are jumping back and forth. In fact, when I take a screenshot I only see one crosshair. i.e. Player 2's crosshair is constantly switching position with Player 1's. I have seen this problem mentioned by a couple other people and so I wanted to post my log here to see if anyone can ID the issue. Some people have mentioned the issue might be caused by using the original mousehook + demualshooter. However, I am only using demulshooter.

Thanks for any help.
Hi,
Usually this kind of behavior is - indeed - because of the presence of the mouse plugin, which is not compatible with demulshooter plugin.
As you've rouled that issue,  based on your debug, I can just say that the games's files are the good ones, guns are detected and but they are not moving (at least it's looking that way on the debug) : so data is the same for both of them (center screen)
Are your guns working good usually ? with other games ? with demulshooter ? How is it working with rabbids if you just put a gun down and try to use only one at the time ? All of it is to try to rule out somme issue with the hardware/software

I'll check again tomorrow that all is running well on the last version of demulshooter and report back

DemulShooter v10.8.3 :
- Added Outputs support for "Wartran Troopers" (Konami Arcade) with DemulShooter.exe
- Added a "HookTimeout" setting in the config.ini file to auto-close DemulShooter on hook failure. (see wiki)

There are a lot of different weapons in Wartran....recoil should work with weapon change  in theory but feedbacks are welcome if any troubles

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2023, 02:22:16 pm
« Reply #3142 on: January 04, 2023, 12:31:27 pm »
@argonlefou: Would you mind upgrading support for Cxbx to latest version? The version referenced in the wiki crashed on my PC when configuring the controls. I tried the latest version of Cxbx instead and Virtua Cop 3 worked fine when I changed "cxbx" to "cxbxr-ldr" in Game_CxbxVcop3.cs on line 53. You may use a more sophisticated approach for backward compatibility though. Launching the emulator has also changed, you have to run "cxbxr-ldr.exe" instead of "cxbx.exe" but the parameter stayed the same. This should also be changed at the Chihiro wiki page.

Speaking of the wiki, I noticed something. At the page about Demul you reference version 180428, which does not exist. I know that sounds strange but hold on. The only download of this version, which I have found, is at emulator-zone.com and the file has the same hash as version 280418 at the Demul homepage. I underlined the numbers, which you likely switched.

Kind regards and keep up the great work.  :notworthy:

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3143 on: January 04, 2023, 12:48:27 pm »
@argonlefou: Would you mind upgrading support for Cxbx to latest version? The version referenced in the wiki crashed on my PC when configuring the controls. I tried the latest version of Cxbx instead and Virtua Cop 3 worked fine when I changed "cxbx" to "cxbxr-ldr" in Game_CxbxVcop3.cs on line 53. You may use a more sophisticated approach for backward compatibility though. Launching the emulator has also changed, you have to run "cxbxr-ldr.exe" instead of "cxbx.exe" but the parameter stayed the same. This should also be changed at the Chihiro wiki page.
I'll add that on the stack too  ;)
I've not touched cxbx for a long time so it may be worth updating it a little. Last times, updated binaries were not working that goo.... so it may be better know.
Backward compatibility won't be an issue.
As for the wiki change, this will only be done once the "advised version to use" will be changed, to stick to the confirmed supported version.

Speaking of the wiki, I noticed something. At the page about Demul you reference version 180428, which does not exist. I know that sounds strange but hold on. The only download of this version, which I have found, is at emulator-zone.com and the file has the same hash as version 280418 at the Demul homepage. I underlined the numbers, which you likely switched.
The funny thing is, I'm not the one who switched the name....Demul author's must have done it when they finally put the release on the official download page!
Before that, the last release has only been available - for a very very long time - in a thread of the official  russian demul forum. You can find the mentionned file attached in the last message of this page

They must have swapped the date format from US to EU, that's that's why 180428 (2018, April, 28) became 280418 (28th of April, 2018)
But it's worth mentionning it in the wiki, indeed ! thanks
« Last Edit: January 04, 2023, 12:50:58 pm by argonlefou »

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3144 on: January 04, 2023, 02:09:01 pm »
I'll add that on the stack too  ;)
Thanks.  ;)

They must have swapped the date format from US to EU, that's that's why 180428 (2018, April, 28) became 280418 (28th of April, 2018)
Oh, that was unexpected but makes sense. The more you know...

One more thing, I noted that the path selection in HOTD4 still does not work and asked about that at the Teknoparrot Discord server. Harm, one of the developers, told me that it only works at the game's original resolution but unfortunately my display does not support it. I know that Teknoparrot nowadays also supports raw input and you have deprecated that emulator in DemulShooter ever since, so you might have little interest in this issue. However, I read that you enabled path selection in HOTD3 using middle mouse button. Could you port this feature to HOTD4 as well?

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3145 on: January 04, 2023, 04:14:05 pm »
For the house of the dead 4, see this for the path selection, try this!!! it works for me on 1920x1080 res.
Shoot a little under the S to select right path, and shoot near the top left corner for the left path.

gstav

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2024, 01:40:48 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,157861.0.html
« Reply #3146 on: January 05, 2023, 01:20:21 pm »
DemulShooter v10.8.3 :
- Added Outputs support for "Wartran Troopers" (Konami Arcade) with DemulShooter.exe
- Added a "HookTimeout" setting in the config.ini file to auto-close DemulShooter on hook failure. (see wiki)

There are a lot of different weapons in Wartran....recoil should work with weapon change  in theory but feedbacks are welcome if any troubles

Thanks argonlefou! Wartran Troopers work damn great, quickly tried it but damage/startbuttons and recoil all works from single to full auto in game  :burgerking:
You're the man
"One coin to rule em' all"

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3147 on: January 05, 2023, 01:52:26 pm »
For the house of the dead 4, see this for the path selection, try this!!!
Thank you, but I already knew about this. It would be better if it would just work properly, maybe I will have to dig into it myself. :D

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3148 on: January 05, 2023, 06:53:55 pm »
It would be better if it worked properly yes, but I doubt they will...they haven't fixed the various graphical gliches yet :banghead: :dunno

cor094

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 19, 2023, 08:02:21 pm
« Reply #3149 on: January 06, 2023, 11:10:11 am »
For the house of the dead 4, see this for the path selection, try this!!!
Thank you, but I already knew about this. It would be better if it would just work properly, maybe I will have to dig into it myself. :D

To play native resolution, have you tried adding custom resolution of 1280X768 in your graphics card settings. If that doesn't work because your monitor won't display it, you can enable GPU scaling, then your GPU will scale instead of the monitor and it should work

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3150 on: January 06, 2023, 06:53:34 pm »
However, I read that you enabled path selection in HOTD3 using middle mouse button. Could you port this feature to HOTD4 as well?
This is a different thing, on the windows version of HOTD3, you don't shoot on the thumbnail to choose a path, but you need to highlight it with a left/right button press. That's why I had to do something for lightgun users without keyboard to be able to choose a path.

As for Hotd4, I'm pretty certain the issue comes from the way the game is handling coordinates with different axis systems for 2d sprites and 3D worldspace.
It was the same thing with Silent Hill on TTX : it had at least 3 or 4 different axis reference, each one having a different hardcoded boundaries (one for device positionning, one for bullet impact on 3D wold, one for bullet impact on 2D ennemies/sprites and one for bullet impact on 3D ennemies)
I finally managed to track down the gun data up to each branch's end to make a resolution patcher, but it took one hell of a time  :banghead:

I found some old notes I took analysing HOD4, I wrote about different memory locations tied to different axis references (2D sprites / 3D) but unfortunatelly, I have no trace of the corresponding file name (RevA or RevC, and there are many elf in each one) so this won't be super usefull  :-[ :-\
I wish you luck if you're going down tha path !

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3151 on: January 07, 2023, 06:20:57 am »
To play native resolution, have you tried adding custom resolution of 1280X768 in your graphics card settings. If that doesn't work because your monitor won't display it, you can enable GPU scaling, then your GPU will scale instead of the monitor and it should work
Thanks for the hint and congratulation to your first post! At first I was a bit unsettled by the warranty void disclaimer and all the settings (on AMD) but it worked.  :laugh:

As for Hotd4, I'm pretty certain the issue comes from the way the game is handling coordinates with different axis systems for 2d sprites and 3D worldspace.
That was what I thought. I am sorry to hear about your struggles with Silent Hill but you made it. I remember figuring out HOTD2 for PC, that took me some time but was fun in the end.  :cheers:

Now that it's off my list, I might spend some time hammering on HOTD Overkill to see if you really can't play in a local co-op mode after all.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 06:25:30 am by ThielHater »

cangarujack

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3152 on: January 07, 2023, 06:23:36 pm »
HOTD Overkill 2 players would be great

cack01

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 31, 2023, 11:49:55 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3153 on: January 08, 2023, 02:23:13 pm »

Hi,
Usually this kind of behavior is - indeed - because of the presence of the mouse plugin, which is not compatible with demulshooter plugin.
As you've rouled that issue,  based on your debug, I can just say that the games's files are the good ones, guns are detected and but they are not moving (at least it's looking that way on the debug) : so data is the same for both of them (center screen)
Are your guns working good usually ? with other games ? with demulshooter ? How is it working with rabbids if you just put a gun down and try to use only one at the time ? All of it is to try to rule out somme issue with the hardware/software

I'll check again tomorrow that all is running well on the last version of demulshooter and report back

Thanks for the reply. Guns are perfect across the board. Tracks well on all emulators (P1 & P2 /w DS) and even in Rabbids. Just P2 shares the crosshair with P1. Think of it like you have two mouses plugged in and they are both sharing the courser; they both fight each other.

I am starting to think this is a problem with the dump or the Csharp file. If I run a clean unzip of the dump this still happens. Only mod is the overwrite of Assembly-Csharp (v3.7). With DS not running. When I start Player 2, it still replaces P1's cross hair with P2. I have one cross hair and it P2's (Green). P1's cross hair disappears. It's like the game visually can't have more than one type of crosshair.

You mentioned I have the correct files. I see that in the debug. Is there a way for me to tell if the mouseplug is active? I have deleted all mouse plugin files that I know of and am using a fresh unzip. Are there any registry entries made by the mousemod I need to undo that are outside the main rabbids entries, which I have deleted to ensure I start from scratch? It's odd I am having a very similar problem with no DS and no mouseplugin - and it is happening on two completely different systems.

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3154 on: January 10, 2023, 06:09:28 am »
Now that it's off my list, I might spend some time hammering on HOTD Overkill to see if you really can't play in a local co-op mode after all.
Good luck with that, you'll need it...

I am starting to think this is a problem with the dump or the Csharp file. If I run a clean unzip of the dump this still happens. Only mod is the overwrite of Assembly-Csharp (v3.7). With DS not running. When I start Player 2, it still replaces P1's cross hair with P2. I have one cross hair and it P2's (Green). P1's cross hair disappears. It's like the game visually can't have more than one type of crosshair.
I don't think so : it's more that the game is drawing crosshair assets on top of each other and P4 beeing over P3, being over P2 etc.... makes P1 beeing hiden under the P2 sprite. But still existing.
It's what I saw when I was developping on this game and testing multiple players at once with the same gun

You mentioned I have the correct files. I see that in the debug. Is there a way for me to tell if the mouseplug is active? I have deleted all mouse plugin files that I know of and am using a fresh unzip. Are there any registry entries made by the mousemod I need to undo that are outside the main rabbids entries, which I have deleted to ensure I start from scratch? It's odd I am having a very similar problem with no DS and no mouseplugin - and it is happening on two completely different systems.
You won't have to look after any registry modification or hidden file with me (I hate that)
To remove the mouse plugin, just look into the \BepInex\Plugins\ subfolder of the game's main directory. (if you don't have BepInEx folder then no plugin is installed at all) :
If you have the BepInEx_RabbidsHollywoodArcade.dll, it is the mouse plugin file. Remove it.
If you have the RHA_BepInEx_DemulShooter_Plugin.dll, it is demulshooter's plugin, you can leave it and remove anything else

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3155 on: January 16, 2023, 04:58:21 am »
DemulShooter v10.9.0 :
- Added missing custom outputs for "Gundam : SoZ" (TTX)
- Updated Cxbx-Reloaded support for latest emulator builds (see wiki for more details)
- Added outputs support for Flycast v2.0 [stable release from github] with DemulShooterX64.exe (see wiki for more details)
- Added inputs/outputs support for "House of the Dead : Remake" (only with my Arcade Mod for this game) with DemulShooterX64.exe (see wiki for more details)

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3156 on: January 16, 2023, 05:51:29 am »
Good luck with that, you'll need it...
I was a bit too optimistic though. I already knew from DemulShooter's code at which memory address is whether player 1 is active or not. My hope was that I could derive the address for player 2 from that and turn the player on. Then I would have had to find the address of the crosshairs and that's it. Unforunately I was not successful with that until now. :D

- Added inputs/outputs support for "House of the Dead : Remake" (only with my Arcade Mod for this game) with DemulShooterX64.exe (see wiki for more details)
Wow, as a HOTD fan I love to hear that! Just a week ago I setup HOTD Remake using the lightgun patch by Mystery Wizard, guess I will upgrade to your plugin now. Is that Arcade mod also new? I haven't heard of it, yet. :notworthy:

By the way, a minor suggestion: Wild West Shootout is a somewhat picky about permissions. It will show "NetDllBroken" when launched as administrator but the workaround is easy, using "RunAs /trustlevel:0x20000" or "PSExec64". However, what bugs me is that you can't run it from "C:\Programs (x64)\" as it then displays "IO board is abnormal, please check if it is connected!". The Mouse Mod fixed that, so I decompiled it and diffed it against the original file. Apparently the trick is to set GameData.CheckConnect and GameData.IOCheck to False. Could you please implement that into DemulShooter as well?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 05:55:24 am by ThielHater »

argonlefou

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3157 on: January 16, 2023, 09:54:25 am »
I was a bit too optimistic though. I already knew from DemulShooter's code at which memory address is whether player 1 is active or not. My hope was that I could derive the address for player 2 from that and turn the player on. Then I would have had to find the address of the crosshairs and that's it. Unforunately I was not successful with that until now. :D
Even if you managed to "pop" a 2nd crosshair, this would not be enough to add a second player.
You would also need to enable the player, set health, damage, weapon.
Also activate 2dn player GUI elements to be added on screen.
And - even if all the above parts can be done as a patch even if that is not in the genuine game (drawing and handling values is easy) - you would also need the game to actually accept a second player so that AI would attack him. Overwise you'll end up with a "ghost" player, not seen by ennemies.
All of that knowing that nothing obvious in the code is telling that this is a possibility "by design", that would have been left unactivated from other platform code (I'm thinking Ps3 or Wii where you can play locally, so the code is existing somewhere but may have been removed from the PC binary, replaced with online coop code)

OR, it may be somewhere hidding in the binary, between manggled '0' and '1' from the compile code, waiting to be found and activated again.

And I'm not even talking of the game being a bonus part of another game (Typing of the dead), and not beeing a standalone binary.
So you'll have to separate code from both different game in the same binary.

Etc...etc.....that's why luck would not be enough on this one  :laugh:

Wow, as a HOTD fan I love to hear that! Just a week ago I setup HOTD Remake using the lightgun patch by Mystery Wizard, guess I will upgrade to your plugin now. Is that Arcade mod also new? I haven't heard of it, yet. :notworthy:
New, yes. I just put it up online with the DemulShooter update this morning.
You'll just find the mod in the wiki for now, I still have to put a Github page etc...etc.... for it.
A small readme is in the package with basic and most important information. Such as not use it side by side with Mystery Wizard page, or it will conflict

By the way, a minor suggestion: Wild West Shootout is a somewhat picky about permissions. It will show "NetDllBroken" when launched as administrator but the workaround is easy, using "RunAs /trustlevel:0x20000" or "PSExec64". However, what bugs me is that you can't run it from "C:\Programs (x64)\" as it then displays "IO board is abnormal, please check if it is connected!". The Mouse Mod fixed that, so I decompiled it and diffed it against the original file. Apparently the trick is to set GameData.CheckConnect and GameData.IOCheck to False. Could you please implement that into DemulShooter as well?
More than the CheckConnect or IOCheck issue, I noticed that running the game with that kind of privilege command in the X64 Program Files folder is blocking the plugin from beeing loaded by the game....so whatever I can add inside will not have any effect. And I honestly don't not know the unity/bepinex plugin loading mechanic to know why.
Mouse mod does not have this behavior, as it is the genuine loaded file by the game which has been modified.
So, just copy the WWS folder in another location and you will not have any trouble anymore.

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3158 on: January 16, 2023, 01:13:53 pm »
Even if [...]
These are all valid points, but in the end it comes down to game's software architecture. Some online multipayer games are developed with cheaters in mind but HOTD Overkill is probably none of them, so there should be no defensive mechanisms. It could be that there is a list of players in a global game instance and all methods are executed for active players. In that case, you would only have to simulate the inputs. Unfortunately, my reverse engineering experience is not that big, not to mention my miserable assembler skills. However, I like the idea of an invincible player 2 ghost.  ;D

Then I will be your beta tester. ;)

I noticed that running the game with that kind of privilege command in the X64 Program Files folder is blocking the plugin from beeing loaded by the game....so whatever I can add inside will not have any effect.
Oh no, my guess would be that code signing is required.

So, just copy the WWS folder in another location and you will not have any trouble anymore.
Then this is the only solution at the moment.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2023, 01:40:46 pm by ThielHater »

ThielHater

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3159 on: January 16, 2023, 03:43:14 pm »
Then I will be your beta tester. ;)
I did a playthrough and it worked wonderfully but of course you got the highscore. Props for skipping the first scene of the intro. :cheers: