Main > Lightguns

DemulShooter (Dual light gun on DEMUL, Model2, Dolphin, Silent Hill, etc...)

<< < (577/584) > >>

PL1:

--- Quote from: Ace on November 23, 2021, 09:02:26 am ---was hoping you could get “ Lost Land Adventure” working with Demulshooter please.

--- End quote ---
Here are Argon's replies to an earlier question about LLA and other recent games.

--- Quote from: argonlefou on August 31, 2020, 03:58:47 am ---Nowaday games (I mean games created after ~2010) will be more and more difficult to hack because of the way they are coded :
Old arcade games had hardware limitation and it was very easy to follow the 2 or 4 bits lenght data.
Modern computer games are created from AAA 3D engines (unreal engine and so on) on 64bits architecture, with dome screen (Lost Land Adventure) or other particular stuff.  :-[
It's the common point of all the games I left behind so far :
- Blue Estate
- Buck Hunt Pc
- Time Crisis 5

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: argonlefou on August 31, 2020, 05:20:27 am ---LLA is (little) less obsure on handling axis, but buttons handling is still a mess to decrypt.
But that's more a problem of arithmetic calculations (when I said "not doable") to transform linear coordinates (lightgun or wiimote) to a sperical coordinates for the dome, so that your lightgun can aim precisely.
It's not really "not doable", as any good mathematician would easilly play with this, but that added with all the rest (buttons, 64bits hack)...too much time consumming for a not-that-enjoyable experience in the end

--- End quote ---

Scott

xbrunox:
Hi Argon. I've a request for demulshooter and sega model2 bel.
Me and others use wiimote for lightguns. With wiimote we simulate a mouse with only 2 buttons.. And we haven't the third  button. Pls can u set grenade for bel at an assegnable button or for a combination of key left+right mouse?

or right mouse Trigger, left mouse granade left+right reload.

Thanks

argonlefou:

--- Quote from: xbrunox on November 29, 2021, 04:04:15 pm ---Hi Argon. I've a request for demulshooter and sega model2 bel.
Me and others use wiimote for lightguns. With wiimote we simulate a mouse with only 2 buttons.. And we haven't the third  button. Pls can u set grenade for bel at an assegnable button or for a combination of key left+right mouse?

or right mouse Trigger, left mouse granade left+right reload.

Thanks

--- End quote ---
Hi,

Demulshooter already supports "virtual buttons" (based on keyboard input) to replace missing buttons on the device, isn't there a way for you to map buttons press to keyboard input ? (Autohotkey script or similar ?)
I've heard about people doing this kind of stuff with Nunchuk

As for your request, the main reason to say no is that Demulshooter isn't  ready to support simultaneous press in it's current state.
Also, Right + Left click would be nonsense for all Non-wiimote user ( = Lightgun users) as this would mean out AND on screen trigger at the same time (that's how are mapped controls on lightguns, left = onscreen trigger, out = off screen trigger)
Finally, and logically, it would require the same kind of simultaneous inputs to replace all other games needing more than 2 buttons....

xbrunox:
Hi Argon.
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my mistake.
I was well aware of the possibility of the third virtual button on the demulshooter (I also use it) but having been a while since the last time I had used it, I had forgotten about it!

however I found some problems with BEL in model2.

you have foreseen the use of 3 keys but in reality you need only 2.
in Bel it is not possible to reload, you can only use shooting or throwing bombs. (when you run out of ammo you need to shoot the barrels)

then there is a problem with the grenade button of player2 you can see it from the test menu. if you press it, the button is always pressed and does not switch off.

Thank you

argonlefou:

--- Quote from: xbrunox on December 01, 2021, 03:58:48 pm ---then there is a problem with the grenade button of player2 you can see it from the test menu. if you press it, the button is always pressed and does not switch off.

--- End quote ---
Indeed, there's a lazy copy/paste typo for the player 2 button command that I never saw before.
I'll update DemulShooter in the next days, thaks for pointing that out !

--- Quote from: xbrunox on December 01, 2021, 03:58:48 pm ---Hi Argon.
Thanks for your reply and sorry for my mistake.
I was well aware of the possibility of the third virtual button on the demulshooter (I also use it) but having been a while since the last time I had used it, I had forgotten about it!

however I found some problems with BEL in model2.

you have foreseen the use of 3 keys but in reality you need only 2.
in Bel it is not possible to reload, you can only use shooting or throwing bombs. (when you run out of ammo you need to shoot the barrels)

then there is a problem with the grenade button of player2 you can see it from the test menu. if you press it, the button is always pressed and does not switch off.

Thank you

--- End quote ---

No worries !
It's not that I'm targetting a 3-button use for BEL, but I'm trying to keep some kind of "logic" between all available games (and when I mean "logic", it's for me...I'm still the main user of the software  ;) ) while giving some over people a way to play differently.

I could explain every choices in details but this would lead to a very long monologue  :laugh:
It's all about balance, keeping the soft simple enough to play it's base role while having enough features to be able to play games without missing functionality.
A lot of people do not have the minimum computer knowledge to fully understand how to simply run DemulShooter and how to do it.....and I don't want DemulShooter to become some universal-per-game-full-launcher with too many options everywhere (example : Game Loader ALL RH)
Fortunatelly, Sinden Lightgun seem to have a large user base now, working a lot to help each other  so it's a good news (for me :laugh: )

That beeing said, I know BEL only need 2 buttons to play, but this is not a reason to use the RightMouse button as a Grenade button because - again - for most devices (i.e : lightguns) the RightMouse button is offscreen trigger and it make no sense to shoot out of the screen to launch something on the screen....
So, it all comes back to the virtualButtons.... ;)

And sometime, "everything" is not possible (i.e Gundam...)

And even if I know this isn't doable for everyone, the source code is available for anyone wanting to change a behavior for himself  :cheers:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version